PDA

View Full Version : Potential Site for Eastern Region Line - Telok Kurau/Marine Parade

leesg123
05-09-12, 22:59
Looking at how the gov planned the TSL station location, as much as possible they want to minimise the impact of the residents in terms of aquisition of the land.

A very good potential site for Telok Kurau Station or Marine Parade Station could be the huge empty plot of land between Still Road South and Kuo Chuan Ave (the row of colonial houses are all on short term lease) as well as the land behind D'Ecosia. The former Grand Hotel site actually. Those sites mentioned belong to the Lee Kong Chian family. It is so much easier to negotiate land aquisition with one owner rather than a bunch of owners right?

Furthermore, they are close to CHIJ Katong and Toa Nan Pri.

Comments?

blackjack21trader
05-09-12, 23:20
Looking at how the gov planned the TSL station location, as much as possible they want to minimise the impact of the residents in terms of aquisition of the land.

A very good potential site for Telok Kurau Station or Marine Parade Station could be the huge empty plot of land between Still Road South and Kuo Chuan Ave (the row of colonial houses are all on short term lease) as well as the land behind D'Ecosia. The former Grand Hotel site actually. Those sites mentioned belong to the Lee Kong Chian family. It is so much easier to negotiate land aquisition with one owner rather than a bunch of owners right?

Comments?

what can i say ? if u want it there, i also cannot refuse , tio bo ? since u r lee also.

imjason
06-09-12, 00:52
what can i say ? if u want it there, i also cannot refuse , tio bo ? since u r lee also.

LOL ...:banghead:

buttercarp
06-09-12, 01:17
LOL ...:banghead:
How come you laugh by banging your head against the wall?

kane
06-09-12, 01:34

Comments?
How close do you live to this proposed site of yours?

radha08
06-09-12, 04:30

less than 500m....:D

leesg123
06-09-12, 07:27
Definitely not doorstep, yes, a few mins walk away would be just fine.

kane
06-09-12, 08:23
I don't live in the east but i always felt for maximum human traffice coverage, it should be connected to parkway parade.

may2012
06-09-12, 08:50

Comments?

Is it true that MRT stations are usually near to schools?

In that case Siglap station shd be near to Victoria sch rather than Siglap center?

radha08
06-09-12, 09:57
Definitely not doorstep, yes, a few mins walk away would be just fine.

its ok bro i also rooting for UPP east coast station to build around temasek pri sch...i also 500m from there...HUMAN NATURE...:cheers5:

radha08
06-09-12, 09:58
Is it true that MRT stations are usually near to schools?

In that case Siglap station shd be near to Victoria sch rather than Siglap center?

siglap station NO HORSE run...very clearly will be at those block of old flats that have been SER-red...:cool:...but i may be wrong...:D

Newbie23
06-09-12, 10:00
siglap station NO HORSE run...very clearly will be at those block of old flats that have been SER-red...:cool:...but i may be wrong...:D

Can't wait for the announcement on where the stops will be built.

radha08
06-09-12, 10:07
Can't wait for the announcement on where the stops will be built.

yup i think this is the NEXT major announcement to affect prop price...after that NO more...:eek:

eng81157
06-09-12, 10:10
yup i think this is the NEXT major announcement to affect prop price...after that NO more...:eek:

then you better get one unit before missing the boat

Newbie23
06-09-12, 10:12

Which unit do u recommend?

radha08
06-09-12, 10:16

yup looking looking looking...:beats-me-man:

bakasa2002
06-09-12, 10:22

Get Axis, bear with bird shit, construction and hope for the best? :tongue3:

eng81157
06-09-12, 10:28
Which unit do u recommend?

anything except recent new developments, e.g. ECo, which are insanely over-priced, though there are still lots of carrotheads jumping onto the chopping board

tkc2263
06-09-12, 10:33

I tend to agree with you, however, another possible site is the URA carpark

directly opposite Jalan Tua Kong.

I am more inclined to believe that it shd be on the former HDB site as its more central.

What else can the govt plan to have on this HDB site?

Property hunters have only the Axis, Siglap V and Flamingo Valley to shop for condo units, selling at more than $1250psf.

For me, these developments and the landed properties are way out of my budget.

My :2cents: worth.

Laguna
06-09-12, 10:38
it is confirmed the station for MP will be at the junciton of Joo chiat rd and MP road.
As such to have a station at the still road junction is highly unlikely..as it is too near.

tkc2263
06-09-12, 12:15
Property hunters have only the Axis, Siglap V and Flamingo Valley to shop for condo units, selling at more than $1250psf.

If i may stretch the distance a little further, Siglap Court, Fernwood Towers, United Mansion and Finland Gardens are others worth looking into as well.

Other than Fernwood Towers from the second list, there are practically no sellers from the other 3.

With the newly introduced measure curbing shoebox units, those hoping for en bloc in UM, SC and FG will be in for a disappoinment.

radha08
06-09-12, 14:59

If i may stretch the distance a little further, Siglap Court, Fernwood Towers, United Mansion and Finland Gardens are others worth looking into as well.

Other than Fernwood Towers from the second list, there are practically no sellers from the other 3.

With the newly introduced measure curbing shoebox units, those hoping for en bloc in UM, SC and FG will be in for a disappoinment.

who says...this guy selling the mrt will drop u at his DOORSTEP in 10 years...:doh:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/11145176/for-sale-united-mansion

radha08
06-09-12, 15:02

as usual some will laugh some will cry such is the prop mkt:eek:

focus
06-09-12, 18:10
it is confirmed the station for MP will be at the junciton of Joo chiat rd and MP road.
As such to have a station at the still road junction is highly unlikely..as it is too near.

Next to Parc Seabreeze?

fiat500
06-09-12, 18:53
Next to Parc Seabreeze?
it will most likely be at the old republic cinema...
as for siglap,it should be at the old 1 bedder hdb flats.

radha08
06-09-12, 19:25

yup and upper east coast next to temasek pri...:D:D:D

focus
06-09-12, 20:44

Thanks. So another 10yrs of good view for parc seabreeze before getting blocked by MRT and definitely hi-rise residential and commercial and shopping..

tkc2263
07-09-12, 08:56

Axis @ Siglap, Finland Gardens..huat huat ah...IF, its true...

mkl22
07-09-12, 16:07
Finland gardens actually isn't too bad. But unlikely will ever enbloc as the land use is for 3 storey landed. So good if you wanna buy and stay an don't like being disturbed by enbloc.

Siglap court seems to have been converted to rental units.

mkl22
07-09-12, 16:09
Looks like laguna park and lagoon view residents will have a long walk to the mrt.

propertychap
07-09-12, 16:19
what about the kembangan area near kembangan mrt? Old developments there could have some potential to appreciate further? The prices are still around 1000psf? Like Kembangan plaza, Kembangan Court and these are mixed developments which nowadays seem to be the very popular sure to sell formula

fiat500
08-09-12, 00:28
what about the kembangan area near kembangan mrt? Old developments there could have some potential to appreciate further? The prices are still around 1000psf? Like Kembangan plaza, Kembangan Court and these are mixed developments which nowadays seem to be the very popular sure to sell formula
kembangan court has good chance for en-bloc...

radha08
10-09-12, 14:48
Looks like laguna park and lagoon view residents will have a long walk to the mrt.

walk to east coast lagoon and drink sugar cane juice will be nearer...:D:D:D

eng81157
11-09-12, 15:26

with HDB breaking the $1m barrier, EVERY condo development, HUDC, EC, etc etc, has potential to appreciate further.

i'm guessing mandarin garden, neptune court and laguna park owners are jacking up their asking price.

may2012
11-09-12, 19:47
may be for the sake of Victorial sch, they build a underground short cut to MRT?

DC33_2008
11-09-12, 20:47
These residents much be becoming impatient.
with HDB breaking the $1m barrier, EVERY condo development, HUDC, EC, etc etc, has potential to appreciate further.

i'm guessing mandarin garden, neptune court and laguna park owners are jacking up their asking price.

mkv
29-10-12, 23:02

How far is the walk from Fernwood Towers to the HDB plot?
7-10 minutes?

ekl2ekl2
29-10-12, 23:18
Katong station at Katong Park site?
That will be near the Line which is launched at very high prices.

radha08
29-10-12, 23:24

yup but with all the recent cm not many can buy only cash buyers...

leesg123
30-10-12, 10:45
BTW, just to update, i noticed some work at the former Grand Hotel (see map, near point "C"):

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=grand+hotel+singapore&hq=grand+hotel&hnear=Singapore&t=h&vpsrc=6&fll=1.306402,103.90882&fspn=0.005717,0.006899&st=108640961879638930840&rq=1&ev=zo&split=1&ll=1.307614,103.909389&spn=0.005717,0.006899&z=17&iwloc=A

tkc2263
30-10-12, 15:11
How far is the walk from Fernwood Towers to the HDB plot?
7-10 minutes?

I reckon 8 mins by the park connector.

A little of history, the park connector used to be a big monsoon canal, but since the estate underwent an estate renewal programme, the canal has been land filled and now it has become a very commonly used footpath.

The area is now brightly lit and there are also steel benches and a mini children's playground as well.

Largely, it has benefitted residents of Finland Gardens, Fernwood Towers as well as those living in the landed properties.

I am still vouching for an MRT station to be built on the HDB site.

fiat500
30-10-12, 15:37
I reckon 8 mins by the park connector.

A little of history, the park connector used to be a big monsoon canal, but since the estate underwent an estate renewal programme, the canal has been land filled and now it has become a very commonly used footpath.

The area is now brightly lit and there are also steel benches and a mini children's playground as well.

Largely, it has benefitted residents of Finland Gardens, Fernwood Towers as well as those living in the landed properties.

I am still vouching for an MRT station to be built on the HDB site.
Most likely it has to be there. I don't see any other suitable location to build a mrt station in siglap.

tkc2263
30-10-12, 16:24
Most likely it has to be there. I don't see any other suitable location to build a mrt station in siglap.

In case, you have not been following, another site that has been mentioned is the URA carpark just opposite Jalan Tua Kong, alongside the Shell station.

Come to think of it, I think it will take less than 5 mins to walk from Fernwood Towers to the HDB site.

You thinking of buying FW?

fiat500
30-10-12, 17:45
In case, you have not been following, another site that has been mentioned is the URA carpark just opposite Jalan Tua Kong, alongside the Shell station.

Come to think of it, I think it will take less than 5 mins to walk from Fernwood Towers to the HDB site.

You thinking of buying FW?
Of cos i m aware but i feel the carpark should remain cos there are not many parking lots in that area..
Fernwood too old n run down imo.. Facade also looks outdated.

mkl22
30-10-12, 17:53
just use onemap and measure the distances lor. and then have an estimate of approx 5km/hr walking speed. fernwood to the HDB plot is approx 300-350m. so 4.2mins. and then to the plot of land at Siglap Big carpark which is approx 550-600m its 7.2mins.

tkc2263
30-10-12, 23:15
Of cos i m aware but i feel the carpark should remain cos there are not many parking lots in that area..
Fernwood too old n run down imo.. Facade also looks outdated.

Then you will be left with Axis at Siglap and Finland Gardens, which are the 2 nearest projects to the HDB site.

fiat500
31-10-12, 01:11
Then you will be left with Axis at Siglap and Finland Gardens, which are the 2 nearest projects to the HDB site.
not forgetting villa marina...quite a nice project but too bad its LH.:47:

tkc2263
31-10-12, 08:30
not forgetting villa marina...quite a nice project but too bad its LH.:47:

Villa Marina is quite a distance from the HDB site, unless you are talking abt the URA carpark being the MRT location.

United Mansions and Siglap Court and even Mandarin Gardens and Neptune Court are much nearer to the HDB site than compared to Villa Marina.

proper-t
31-10-12, 10:43
LTA has just issued a tender for architecture and engineering consultancy for the ERL stations. I suspect announcement will be soon as this means that the station locations have already been earmarked...

East coast properties will be in for a boost. Better place yr bets soon as I suspect owners will up their prices after announcement.

LTA000ETT12000185
Tender Ref. No.: E1003
Description: Architectural and Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Eastern Region Line (ERL) Stations
Publication Date: 05/10/2012
Short Description: Architectural and Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Eastern Region Line (ERL) Stations

price
31-10-12, 12:04
Villa Marina is quite a distance from the HDB site, unless you are talking abt the URA carpark being the MRT location.

United Mansions and Siglap Court and even Mandarin Gardens and Neptune Court are much nearer to the HDB site than compared to Villa Marina.

Whether nearer or slightly further, all the projects around the area will benefit from the completion of ERL. we are not talking about an addition to a nearby station. we are talking about building an entire new MRT line in an area without any nearby MRT station at all.

focus
31-10-12, 12:23
LTA has just issued a tender for architecture and engineering consultancy for the ERL stations. I suspect announcement will be soon as this means that the station locations have already been earmarked...

East coast properties will be in for a boost. Better place yr bets soon as I suspect owners will up their prices after announcement.

Actually.. property market also got inside info hor.
Those companies who were tasked to do soil testing and laying out infrastructure would have first hand knowledge way before the tender is completed.

proper-t
31-10-12, 12:52
Actually.. property market also got inside info hor.
Those companies who were tasked to do soil testing and laying out infrastructure would have first hand knowledge way before the tender is completed.

Yah, no doubt but soil test etc are all very generic and usually focuses (no pun intended :D ) on the entire line tunnel, spot areas or strips rather than specific stations since they will be exploring several options all at once.

Once they call for architectural and engineering consultancy for stations, it means that the site is already decided on and the succesful tenderer will be working based on the actual sites itself. Once that is out, it becomes quite difficult to keep it under wraps which means tht they might as well announce it to public at large. That's why my gut feel is that the announcement akan datang...

silver023
31-10-12, 13:08

MRTs will always have a few exits... so even if main site @ HDB, surely they will have other openings near Villa Marina side. As long as you see a MRT entrance there, property price will probably shoot up

proper-t
09-11-12, 09:46
Part of tender doc which I spotted in another forum. Hope the poster won't mind. Seems like they will build in phases too for ERL with E1 to E5 (including a future station) slated first. So the Tanjong Rhu to maybe Marine Parade will be the first to be built. Hence these station locations have already been confirmed. Looks like they want this first part of ERL to coincide with the ending of TSL since it is going to be one continuous line. Residents from Tanjong rhu to Marine Parade will likely benefit first.

https://public.sn2.livefilestore.com/y1pS9mHFRRILJuWcu_NJ-qUagKABOwrmU_JF6J8nUOKnEfactrxnC1tLf6AWLlrd5JS_TbxyARegZo3zQ_15ENohA/Untitled%203.png

vratenza
11-11-12, 10:07
From all the speculations, seem like almost everyone agrees that the Marine Parade station is going to be at or around the junction of Marine Parade Road and Joo Chiat Road.

Anyone like to hazard how many and the locations of the exits for the MP Station?;)