PDA

View Full Version : D21 Toh Tuck / Jurong kechil area - freehold or 99 years?

ko
29-05-07, 10:56
Hi,

I have been viewing some units along toh tuck area / jalan jurong kechil area.
what are the implications of getting a 99 leashold versus a freehold property in that area ? Does this mean that a 99 year will go down in value over time ?
e.g. High Oak condo ( 99 year) versus Signature Park condo ( FH) .. there is a vast difference in terms of pricing now, though both are about 6 years old.

Also, for bukit regency condo (FH) is this worth buying ? I was told that this property can go up to 1 million in pricing soon according to one property agent.

Pls advise.

revieli
29-05-07, 13:54
Hi,

I have been viewing some units along toh tuck area / jalan jurong kechil area.
what are the implications of getting a 99 leashold versus a freehold property in that area ? Does this mean that a 99 year will go down in value over time ?
e.g. High Oak condo ( 99 year) versus Signature Park condo ( FH) .. there is a vast difference in terms of pricing now, though both are about 6 years old.

Also, for bukit regency condo (FH) is this worth buying ? I was told that this property can go up to 1 million in pricing soon according to one property agent.

Pls advise.

Signature Park is definitely more than 6 yrs. At least 10 yrs old.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 16:00
Signature Park is definitely more than 6 yrs. At least 10 yrs old.

It will be too risky to buy signature park now as asking prices had increased by more than 35% since February. When the MRT is built, I doubt it will be that close to signature park. If it takes 15mins to walk, I would not consider close to MRT

hillside
29-05-07, 16:02
I still think The Hillside is better than all those you mentioned.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 16:10
Where is the future MRT going to be built ? I heard it's opp the Bt Timah food center ? If it is, high oak condo is about 1 km away.

Personally, I do not fancy the hillside or hillview area because of a lack of amenties and price wise not sure if it will appreciate much in the future.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 17:55
when the whole spore is on the rise, everywhere will go up.
traditionally, after district 9, 10, 11... you'll have 15 and 21 catching up.
of course today, you also hv new areas like the marina and keppel bay.... also not forgetting district 5 due to one north.
if jurong and tampines can go up.... district 21 will hv no prob catching up.

Unregistered
30-05-07, 12:10
D21 is quite wide scope - spanning from king albert park all the way to hume ave at upper bt timah .. within this district, which location will be of better value in terms of price appreciation and rental yield ? Looking at garden vista 99 year, the price has gone up to 1 million for a 3 bedroom, and the FH around that area is now 1.x million for a 3 bedroom be it new or old FH property along that area .. Hume avenue area prices doesn;'t appear to have gone up much though.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 22:25
D21 is quite wide scope - spanning from king albert park all the way to hume ave at upper bt timah .. within this district, which location will be of better value in terms of price appreciation and rental yield ? Looking at garden vista 99 year, the price has gone up to 1 million for a 3 bedroom, and the FH around that area is now 1.x million for a 3 bedroom be it new or old FH property along that area .. Hume avenue area prices doesn;'t appear to have gone up much though.

i have done some homework in this area and i think the raintree (behind southaven) offers good value at this time.

yulishu
10-07-07, 09:58
actually leasehold and freehold should not be a concern if you dont mind staying in that project for good, at least until it grows old enough to be enbloc in future...with this round of enbloc fevers, everyone now knows that leasehold is not the end of the world... and esp now that the gap between leasehold and freehold is widening and with freehold reaching quantum beyond some folks' pockets..

but depending on investment or stay, your choice of location is important...but if to stay for short period, depending on the quantum at play in the market, then leasehold factor may come into play...

Unregistered
10-07-07, 10:06
actually leasehold and freehold should not be a concern if you dont mind staying in that project for good, at least until it grows old enough to be enbloc in future...with this round of enbloc fevers, everyone now knows that leasehold is not the end of the world... and esp now that the gap between leasehold and freehold is widening and with freehold reaching quantum beyond some folks' pockets..

but depending on investment or stay, your choice of location is important...but if to stay for short period, depending on the quantum at play in the market, then leasehold factor may come into play...

Agree,
Farrer court not only is leasehold, it is HUDC apt with limited facility.
Last year this time if you bought a unit (transacted price at that time was around 600K), you made close to million. Show me one FH less than one million last year but ended up with this kind of profit (300%) in just one yr.
The Farrer court example really excited every Ah Beng and Ah Lian on the street and everyone is busy in searching the next winner. At this point in time, the risk/reward ratios is already too high and the party for buying a property has potential for enbloc is over

analyst101
15-07-08, 23:05
The stations on the Bukit Timah Lines are out. FOr those who once visted this forum and debated the likely locations, the winners for D21 are

a) MGS site
b) Beauty World site

The winners for D23 are:

a) Rail Mall Site
b) Assumption School site.

Bukit Timah best
15-07-08, 23:22
This will undoubtedly be the most prestigious MRT line. Live here sure confirm quite rich one or upper middle class. The Hillview site is near Hillview Road where Stand Chartered is. Wonder if Stand Chart need to move. I'm surprised Anak Bukit no station though.

The stations on the Bukit Timah Lines are out. FOr those who once visted this forum and debated the likely locations, the winners for D21 are

a) MGS site
b) Beauty World site

The winners for D23 are:

a) Rail Mall Site
b) Assumption School site.

No more enbloc lah
15-07-08, 23:28
you're not using your brain properly. Of all the enblocs last year, how many are leasehold? I know you're gg to bring up Farrer Court again, but it is sitting on a huge plot of land when plot ratio is NOT fully utlitised. If you buy a brand new condo 99 LH, what is the chance of enbloc when every square inch is used?

Why is Farrer Court so famous? Because it is LH! which means enbloc is rare for LH....Most enblocs are FH. Property developers have learnt their lessons and steering away from enblocs.

For every 1 person who gets enbloced, another 100,000 didn't. It's like striking lottery. The fever happens one every 20 years. After three 20 years, no chance liao as your lease has run out. If your condo is old, you may have to enbloc at a discount to market, which means you're better off selling at the market.

For every 1 person who gets enbloced, another 100,000 didn't and will never get enbloced in their lifetime. Do you want to bet on this?

analyst101
16-07-08, 10:03
This will undoubtedly be the most prestigious MRT line. Live here sure confirm quite rich one or upper middle class. The Hillview site is near Hillview Road where Stand Chartered is. Wonder if Stand Chart need to move. I'm surprised Anak Bukit no station though.

There is quite a long stretch (from Beauty World) to Dairy Farm not covered. I presume that the population density is insufficient, or that there are not even commercial or educational centres.

For the contrarian, it is time to look at properties near those identified MRT sites. Beauty World onwards is most attractive as the main Bukit Timah stations will be very expensive.

The interesting thing is that the stations are all underground. The Beauty World one is in fact under a vast plot of vacant state land. My guess is that when the crisis is over, the Government may tender out the plot to build commercial properties. May be worth a look over the next one or two years (before the world economy recovers).

Any views ??

Yes Sir
16-07-08, 11:16
I agree. Now is a good time to look in this area near MRT. The prices will only move up in a meaningful way nearer completion date as market reacts slowly to such news. Not many condos near Beauty World though. If you're looking at Hillside which confirm cannot get MRT, might as well go to Hillview which is cheaper currently and more accessible to both public transport and future commercial activities. I'm not surprised everything is underground as this part is "expensive" land, many are FH.

There is quite a long stretch (from Beauty World) to Dairy Farm not covered. I presume that the population density is insufficient, or that there are not even commercial or educational centres.

For the contrarian, it is time to look at properties near those identified MRT sites. Beauty World onwards is most attractive as the main Bukit Timah stations will be very expensive.

The interesting thing is that the stations are all underground. The Beauty World one is in fact under a vast plot of vacant state land. My guess is that when the crisis is over, the Government may tender out the plot to build commercial properties. May be worth a look over the next one or two years (before the world economy recovers).

Any views ??

16-07-08, 11:30

No lah! It's across the road, next to salvation army at the junction of UBT and Hillview Road, nearest by foot is Glendale Park & Hillview Height condos and Dairy Farm condo. a bit further off is hillington green, hillview park. those on hume from summerhill, symphony, parc palais need to walk down the hill and pass by rail mall. all in all, a good announcement and a good location. good news for UBT people.

Unregistered13
16-07-08, 11:35
I was at URA centre yesterday and saw a building block model on the vacant land opposite beauty world. It has about the same height as beauty world. The plan state "subject to detailed planning". How about the freehold development, bukit regency, on the same side as Courts atabout 650m from this future MRT? Do you see an increase in the price in the near future?

Good news
16-07-08, 11:46
Those on the top of Hume will be very far, e.g Symphony and Parc Palais. I think within walking distance would be Glendale Pk (so lucky!), Hillview Hts, Dairy Farm, HV Park, Hillington and HV Green, Summerhill, Hillvista. Everything else would appear quite far. But agree its great for this area!

No lah! It's across the road, next to salvation army at the junction of UBT and Hillview Road, nearest by foot is Glendale Park & Hillview Height condos and Dairy Farm condo. a bit further off is hillington green, hillview park. those on hume from summerhill, symphony, parc palais need to walk down the hill and pass by rail mall. all in all, a good announcement and a good location. good news for UBT people.

beauty world
16-07-08, 12:52
I was at URA centre yesterday and saw a building block model on the vacant land opposite beauty world. It has about the same height as beauty world. The plan state "subject to detailed planning". How about the freehold development, bukit regency, on the same side as Courts atabout 650m from this future MRT? Do you see an increase in the price in the near future?

This Beauty World area is something of a hub already (with a couple of shopping centres, eateries, furniture places, market e.t.c.). It is like a town centre that was not planned, but just happened to evolve by itself.

I think that this has good potential when the state land use is confirmed...may be another mall or library .....great for this part of Singapore.

beauty or beast
16-07-08, 12:57
This Beauty World area is something of a hub already (with a couple of shopping centres, eateries, furniture places, market e.t.c.). It is like a town centre that was not planned, but just happened to evolve by itself.

I think that this has good potential when the state land use is confirmed...may be another mall or library .....great for this part of Singapore.

Simi hub? Dun make me laugh. Beauty World has potential to be upscale due to location but dunno why the management dunno how to capitalise on it. Stupid. So low class lah.

Too upmarket
16-07-08, 13:39
Actually I hope this area don't get too upmarket. It is already too upmarket for my liking with the most expensive NTUC.

Simi hub? Dun make me laugh. Beauty World has potential to be upscale due to location but dunno why the management dunno how to capitalise on it. Stupid. So low class lah.

Unregistered18
16-07-08, 14:43

Beauty World is like the boundary between the super-ex Bukit Timah properties, and the more affordable Hillview areas. The prices taper the further `North' you go from Beauty World.

I think the problem so far has been that the Government has not really taken much of a lead here. They generally let the private sector lead. However things may change. For those in the know, the Jurong (MINDS) school has already been relocated. Now with info that the large vacant plot sitting on top of the MRT is likely to become some kind of building (almost definitely commercial in view of its location and potential), the Government may finally be doing somthing about it. Couple of years ago they said that they would be developing this area. Looks like it is slowly coming true.

Price differential
16-07-08, 14:56
Jurong Kechil properties have not fetched much higher prices than Hillview if you bother to track caveats. In fact, many of the condos in Jurong Kechil are fetching lower prices than Hillview area - might be because many HDB along Toh Yi while Hillview is truly private. Now that the condos are gg to be quite far from actual beauty world MRT, it's possible that the Hillview properties might move even further ahead, Anyway, no point speculating on an empty plot of land.

Beauty World is like the boundary between the super-ex Bukit Timah properties, and the more affordable Hillview areas. The prices taper the further `North' you go from Beauty World.

I think the problem so far has been that the Government has not really taken much of a lead here. They generally let the private sector lead. However things may change. For those in the know, the Jurong (MINDS) school has already been relocated. Now with info that the large vacant plot sitting on top of the MRT is likely to become some kind of building (almost definitely commercial in view of its location and potential), the Government may finally be doing somthing about it. Couple of years ago they said that they would be developing this area. Looks like it is slowly coming true.

Downtown
16-07-08, 19:29
That is true. Many Hillview or Hume properties eg Hillington, Symphony Heights etc. already fetch better prices than those near Beauty World, e.g. Bukit View, Sherwood etc. The condos are of a superior quality too. Anyway, I think it is VERY FAR to try to walk from Bukit Regency which is nearer Bukit Batok Ave 6. Also not much land or facility.

DC33
18-07-08, 10:06
That is true. Many Hillview or Hume properties eg Hillington, Symphony Heights etc. already fetch better prices than those near Beauty World, e.g. Bukit View, Sherwood etc. The condos are of a superior quality too. Anyway, I think it is VERY FAR to try to walk from Bukit Regency which is nearer Bukit Batok Ave 6. Also not much land or facility.

Bukit Regency at Upper Bukit Timah View is just opposite Southaven (near the Shell Petrol Kiosk) not near Bukit Batok Ave 6.

Take bus
18-07-08, 12:09
Still long walk as it is nearer the Old Jurong Road and fire station side. There is no MRT near fire station. Probably need to walk 1 km at least to Beauty World station which is near Toh Yi side. But can take shuttle bus one station. Those at Hume can take buses to Hillview MRT station - 1 busttop away.

Bukit Regency at Upper Bukit Timah View is just opposite Southaven (near the Shell Petrol Kiosk) not near Bukit Batok Ave 6.

analyst101
18-07-08, 12:21
Still long walk as it is nearer the Old Jurong Road and fire station side. There is no MRT near fire station. Probably need to walk 1 km at least to Beauty World station which is near Toh Yi side. But can take shuttle bus one station. Those at Hume can take buses to Hillview MRT station - 1 busttop away.

The entire stretch of Upper BT from Beauty World onwards is actually quite long. Yet there are only 3 MRT stations there. For most of the condos, the walk may be a little long. More so, as many of the condos are on the hill and the `wrong side' of the road.

Perhaps should ask the town councils to build as many overhead shelters or underpasses as possible, so as to make walking more feasible. This can be done closer to MRT completion date.

Undervalued
18-07-08, 13:27
Far means far - whether underground or overground. Hume Ave is 2 bus stops away from Hillview station - too far to walk. Anything more than 10 min will be considered far and will have zero effect on property price. Interestingly, the Hillview properties are still 10% cheaper than Hume properties because of some people who wans to say "D21" which is really silly. In view of the Hillview station, we can be certain that the Hillview condos *near MRT) will definitely fetch a higher price (at least 10% more) nearer to completion date. So Hillview appears undervalued at this point. It would be unwise to buy a Hume condo, e.g. Symphony Hts at a 10% premium to those at Hillview (near MRT), knowing in future, it will have to sell cheaper than Hillview :) If a Hume condo is worth $700psf, the Hillview one should be at least 10% more at $770psf. Just look at Jade - 99 yr LH near Bukit Batok transacted at 800psf and you'll see how impt is "MRT". District zoning is secondary as people look at the attibutes of the place. Just like Kembangan with MRT (D14) will always fetch a premium to Telok Kurau (D15).

The entire stretch of Upper BT from Beauty World onwards is actually quite long. Yet there are only 3 MRT stations there. For most of the condos the walk may be a little long. More so, as many of the condos are on the hill and the `wrong side' of the road.

Perhaps should ask the town councils to build as many overhead shelters or underpasses as possible, so as to make walking more feasible. This can be done closer to MRT completion date.

DC33
18-07-08, 14:04

I have measured the distance, it is about 850m from the guardhouse of Bukit Regency and 600m if there is a side-door opened at the front of development facing the road. A stroll to Beauty World is about 8mins. It should be manageable. Good to have a sheltered walkway in future. Not sure if the authority will look into it.

Not that near
18-07-08, 14:26
You can try walking one day and see if it is mangeable. Also distance from map can be deceiving. It's not a straight line when u walk, so will be >850m. Bukit Regency has not much facilities right and face a busy road? Hillview Regency also 800 meters from Bukit Gombak station and from what I know, nobody walks to the station and the condo provides shuttle bus.
850m is not exactly near u know! Anyway, all the best!

I have measured the distance, it is about 850m from the guardhouse of Bukit Regency and 600m if there is a side-door opened at the front of development facing the road. A stroll to Beauty World is about 8mins. It should be manageable. Good to have a sheltered walkway in future. Not sure if the authority will look into it.

Unregister
18-07-08, 15:00
You can try walking one day and see if it is mangeable. Also distance from map can be deceiving. It's not a straight line when u walk, so will be >850m. Bukit Regency has not much facilities right and face a busy road? Hillview Regency also 800 meters from Bukit Gombak station and from what I know, nobody walks to the station and the condo provides shuttle bus.
850m is not exactly near u know! Anyway, all the best!
850m is very far, possibly 20 mins walk?

BP
18-07-08, 15:04
850m is very far, possibly 20 mins walk?

I have tried and it is just under 10 minutes. It is about 2 rounds of the running track in the stadium. If there is a new gate facing the round, the distance will be shortened by another 200 m.

Distance
18-07-08, 17:31
>2 rounds around the track is quite far leh! I think lazy people will take bus to MRT stationif close to 1km. The best is to buy those that is very near within 500m. Normal walking speed is 4km per hour. So 850m will take 12 minutes and cum traffic lights and up/down underpass probably around 15 min bah.
I have tried and it is just under 10 minutes. It is about 2 rounds of the running track in the stadium. If there is a new gate facing the round, the distance will be shortened by another 200 m.

Unregistered18
19-07-08, 00:09
>2 rounds around the track is quite far leh! I think lazy people will take bus to MRT stationif close to 1km. The best is to buy those that is very near within 500m. Normal walking speed is 4km per hour. So 850m will take 12 minutes and cum traffic lights and up/down underpass probably around 15 min bah.

Actually this is to be expected. It is impossible for everyone to live near an MRT station. In any case, if you look at the earliest lines e.g. AMK, Yishun, the bulk of the people DO NOT live next to an MRT line. They just took feeder buses. Guess the condo chaps here will just have to do the same, especiall since BT (including UBT) is the longest road in Singaproe.

BP
19-07-08, 07:46

It is fortunate for Bukit Regency, there is no underpass, overhead bridge or hill to climb. It is just a reasonable flat ground with bukit timah hill on the left and two petrol kiosks, Courts superstore and a row of eating places on the right before reaching the future Beauty World MRT station. Singaporean should exercise more as we are rely alot on vehicles. Some people take bus eventhough it is only one bus-stop away. The top 2 critical illness are due partly of the lack of exercise. My son's school, a mission school, has more than a quarter of obese children. It is scary and we may end up like the Americans.

Mop
19-07-08, 13:02
Imagine someone with high heels and laptop. No way can walk back with the morning or afternoon sun coming down on them. With school bags, heels, laptops etc. it will take maybe 15-20 min to reach the station. 15-20 min under the sun is not fun. If rain, lagi worse. It is highly unlikely the govt will build covered walkways along UBT - it is very unsightly. Even current HDB estates, you don't see covered walkways everywhere along main roads. So, it's not ideal to walk close to 1km under the sun. For ladies lagi worse as their makeup will melt. So, if prices have not moved yet, should target those within 10min walking distance. Some unscrulous agents might anyhow say this condo that condo can walk to the MRT station. Best if buyers try out the route themselves on a hot day.

It is fortunate for Bukit Regency, there is no underpass, overhead bridge or hill to climb. It is just a reasonable flat ground with bukit timah hill on the left and two petrol kiosks, Courts superstore and a row of eating places on the right before reaching the future Beauty World MRT station. Singaporean should exercise more as we are rely alot on vehicles. Some people take bus eventhough it is only one bus-stop away. The top 2 critical illness are due partly of the lack of exercise. My son's school, a mission school, has more than a quarter of obese children. It is scary and we may end up like the Americans.

hippyee
19-07-08, 14:46
Imagine someone with high heels and laptop. No way can walk back with the morning or afternoon sun coming down on them. With school bags, heels, laptops etc. it will take maybe 15-20 min to reach the station. 15-20 min under the sun is not fun. If rain, lagi worse. It is highly unlikely the govt will build covered walkways along UBT - it is very unsightly. Even current HDB estates, you don't see covered walkways everywhere along main roads. So, it's not ideal to walk close to 1km under the sun. For ladies lagi worse as their makeup will melt. So, if prices have not moved yet, should target those within 10min walking distance. Some unscrulous agents might anyhow say this condo that condo can walk to the MRT station. Best if buyers try out the route themselves on a hot day.

Aiyoh, got mrt station is better than no mrt station. In fact, some people prefer mrt station not to be too near for the simpler eson that mrt station is always associated with crowds and jams. Near and yet not too near.. its perfect!

MRT
19-07-08, 20:16
but must take bus to MRT is as good as no MRT. The best will be like Dairy Farm and Glendale Park - just the right distance to walk to MRT. Maplewoods also not bad.

Aiyoh, got mrt station is better than no mrt station. In fact, some people prefer mrt station not to be too near for the simpler eson that mrt station is always associated with crowds and jams. Near and yet not too near.. its perfect!

Unregistered18
19-07-08, 21:02

I think the general consensus is that it is better to have an MRT station within normal walking distance. If I remember correctly, in a previous ST article, this was defined as being within 300-400 m (one round of the stadium track). They based this on a survey of real estate agents, and sales caveats which reflected the popularity of properties within walking distance.

Nevertheless, if there are those who prefer not to live too near to MRT stations, they are in luck. I think less than 5% of all Singaporean homes are near (by definition) to an MRT stations. Those who prefer not to be too near will have many (and much cheaper) houses to choose.

Agree
19-07-08, 23:04
Agree with your views. If you place have MRT station 1km away, it's not perfect but better than nothing - take shuttle bus lor. But if you're looking for a place for investment now, it's best to find somewhere within walking distance to MRT. The good news is prices will not move up immediately as the DTL will take 6 years to build - from what I could see, there isn't much difference in the prices. So if you're looking for LT investment, should target those that is within walking distance to MRT because this investment will not go wrong. Within walking distance is preferably within 500m.

Bukit Regncy Owner
20-07-08, 09:09
We should consider having a side gate, nearer to end of Block 3, to reduce the walking distance to Beauty World in future. Not sure if authority will approve it.

bukit timah
20-07-08, 19:58
We should consider having a side gate, nearer to end of Block 3, to reduce the walking distance to Beauty World in future. Not sure if authority will approve it.
Looking thru the caveats, Linear 999 hit 420psf, you bukti timah pricks are so screwed.

David Boo
20-07-08, 21:54
Furthermore, 2015 is long time away.

Not long
20-07-08, 22:22
It's just 6 years. Better than buying those new condos, must wait 3 years to move in, by then half of the 6 years is gone already. Anyway, property is a long term investment, so investment horizon is easily 6-7 years, not a one year affair. If you don't need a place to stay urgently, might as well buy a resale and get rental yield than cheong those showflats. Also, it is well known that the new condos will have bad quality because of high construction costs.

Unregistered123
20-07-08, 22:33
No such caveats found. Anyway, Linear is selling at low prices (600+psf) for obvious reasons.

Looking thru the caveats, Linear 999 hit 420psf, you bukti timah pricks are so screwed.

Unregistered18
21-07-08, 10:47
It's just 6 years. Better than buying those new condos, must wait 3 years to move in, by then half of the 6 years is gone already. Anyway, property is a long term investment, so investment horizon is easily 6-7 years, not a one year affair. If you don't need a place to stay urgently, might as well buy a resale and get rental yield than cheong those showflats. Also, it is well known that the new condos will have bad quality because of high construction costs.

I am not sure about how good or bad the new condos will be, but I think that in Singapore, the developers will generally overbuild i.e. go beyond the required standards, at least as far as safety is concerned. That said, it is true that at least as far as size and location are concerned, older condos are generally better.

As for buying a resale or new development, resale (for rental yields) is definitely attractive for those who want to build for steady income. As for property appreciation, unless the new development is priced low (which is often not the case), there may be relatively little upside. Older is also better here. The main thing for older condos is that it must be in good shape and well located.

In the case of BT, proximity to the better schools was once the main criterion. Now location to MRT stations has also become a factor. Best if you can get both. For D21, target those within walking distance of MRT and within 1-2 km of MGS & Pei Hwa Presbyterian. Most of the other elite schools in BT are in D10 (SCGS, ACS, Raffles, Nanyang), which may be a little too costly..

analyst101
21-07-08, 11:19

I think that property prices will be down for the next 1 or 2 years. It would then uptrend with all the developments.

The MRT is timed very well. When the economy picks up (after the next 2 years), property prices will at least return to last years level (hopefully from a new low at end next year). Then those who invested during the downturn will reap a good profit. 2015 will then be a good time to sell.

insider
21-07-08, 11:58
In the case of BT, proximity to the better schools was once the main criterion. Now location to MRT stations has also become a factor. Best if you can get both. For D21, target those within walking distance of MRT and within 1-2 km of MGS & Pei Hwa Presbyterian. Most of the other elite schools in BT are in D10 (SCGS, ACS, Raffles, Nanyang), which may be a little too costly..

SCGS, ACS Barker, Raffles Girls Primary are in D11.

Nanyang is in D10.

Don't wait
21-07-08, 17:26
Don't wait too long ar. I think must act when the market starts moving. Don't keep waiting for beginning 2007 numbers which is almost 35% decline for mass market. That may not happen.

I think that property prices will be down for the next 1 or 2 years. It would then uptrend with all the developments.

The MRT is timed very well. When the economy picks up (after the next 2 years), property prices will at least return to last years level (hopefully from a new low at end next year). Then those who invested during the downturn will reap a good profit. 2015 will then be a good time to sell.

redryder
21-07-08, 17:36
I've been looking at High-Oak condo (99yr lease) in Toh Tuck, as it is within 1km from Pei Hwa and near Beauty World MRT.

The other alternative is HDB, but asking prices are very high. A 1500sqft Exec Maisonette is asking for $710k, while other EMs (lower flr) around $650k. Five-room HDB asking for $550k.

Saw a few units of High Oak, ranging from 770k to 850k. These are 3bedroom 11xx sqft size.

For investment purpose, do you think it is better to go for the condo rather than HDB? But for HDB I am still eligible for HDB loan, which gives peace of mind at fixed 2.6%. Also HDB don't need to pay monthly maintenance of $300+.

Whichever I choose I'll probably stay there for 10-15 years.

Unregistered222
21-07-08, 21:40
$850k for 1100 sq ft, which is $770psf for 99yrLH? The FH condos there are gg for roughly the same price rite? What about Hillview? There is a Methodist School near Rail Mall. There're also groceries (Cold Storage) at the Rail Mall. Also have Hillview MRT station. Looking at SLA land sales in the reserve list, one of the empty plot is slated for 6000sq ft of retail space to be released later this year.

I've been looking at High-Oak condo (99yr lease) in Toh Tuck, as it is within 1km from Pei Hwa and near Beauty World MRT.

The other alternative is HDB, but asking prices are very high. A 1500sqft Exec Maisonette is asking for $710k, while other EMs (lower flr) around $650k. Five-room HDB asking for $550k.

Saw a few units of High Oak, ranging from 770k to 850k. These are 3bedroom 11xx sqft size.

For investment purpose, do you think it is better to go for the condo rather than HDB? But for HDB I am still eligible for HDB loan, which gives peace of mind at fixed 2.6%. Also HDB don't need to pay monthly maintenance of $300+.

Whichever I choose I'll probably stay there for 10-15 years.

Unregistered18
22-07-08, 00:13
$850k for 1100 sq ft, which is $770psf for 99yrLH? The FH condos there are gg for roughly the same price rite? What about Hillview? There is a Methodist School near Rail Mall. There're also groceries (Cold Storage) at the Rail Mall. Also have Hillview MRT station. Looking at SLA land sales in the reserve list, one of the empty plot is slated for 6000sq ft of retail space to be released later this year.

Depends on what you want to buy for. The properties near Beauty World are near to a couple of good schools. Hill view does not have the same attractions. Beauty World is also in D21 and has a couple of shopping centres already. Eateries and a market are nearby. The place is guaranteed good rental revenue for obvious reasons, both for expats (Caucasians, Koreans, Japs) and locals (those with primary chool kids).
Prices reflect the attractions of the D21 properties versu the D23 (Hillview Properties). Even LH D21 properties sell for higher than D23 (FH) properties - check the URA caveats for the last couple of years.

Undervalued
22-07-08, 22:15
I think you're using old data. That is not true. The Jurong Kechil properties are fetching horrible prices, not higher than Hillview. The 99LH like Bukit View and Le Wood (500+psf) are not fetching higher prices than Jade at Bt Batok D23 (800psf) or Hillview FH (650-800psf). Even Southvaven is at $600-700psf. RT is new so not a good comparison. I might as well say Park Natura and Hillvista at D23 is above $1000psf and thus more expensive. While Hillview side has achieved above 1000psf, none at Beauty World (incl new RT) has fetched anything close. There is no FH condo within walking distance near Beauty World MRT. Hume area is a goner also - someone from Hume even wrote to the papers to complain they cant walk to both MRT stations. So Hillview is a good bet and undervalued.

Just do not be too blinded with district zoning. Why does Jade at D23 fetch much prices than D21 condos? It's obviously because of MRT.

There is no good schools within 1km of Beauty World unless you consider Pei Hwa a good school?

Depends on what you want to buy for. The properties near Beauty World are near to a couple of good schools. Hill view does not have the same attractions. Beauty World is also in D21 and has a couple of shopping centres already. Eateries and a market are nearby. The place is guaranteed good rental revenue for obvious reasons, both for expats (Caucasians, Koreans, Japs) and locals (those with primary chool kids).
Prices reflect the attractions of the D21 properties versu the D23 (Hillview Properties). Even LH D21 properties sell for higher than D23 (FH) properties - check the URA caveats for the last couple of years.

Unregistered18
22-07-08, 23:34
I think you're using old data. That is not true. The Jurong Kechil properties are fetching horrible prices, not higher than Hillview. The 99LH like Bukit View and Le Wood (500+psf) are not fetching higher prices than Jade at Bt Batok D23 (800psf) or Hillview FH (650-800psf). Even Southvaven is at $600-700psf. RT is new so not a good comparison. I might as well say Park Natura and Hillvista at D23 is above $1000psf and thus more expensive. While Hillview side has achieved above 1000psf, none at Beauty World (incl new RT) has fetched anything close. There is no FH condo within walking distance near Beauty World MRT. Hume area is a goner also - someone from Hume even wrote to the papers to complain they cant walk to both MRT stations. So Hillview is a good bet and undervalued.

Just do not be too blinded with district zoning. Why does Jade at D23 fetch much prices than D21 condos? It's obviously because of MRT.

There is no good schools within 1km of Beauty World unless you consider Pei Hwa a good school?

Actually Pei Hwa IS a good school. It has to undergo balloting for several phases every year. MGS is 1 or 2 km of Beauty World. It also has to undergo balloting. As a rough guide for what amounts to a good school, you can check the MOE website for balloting details.

D21 and D23 have different attractions. While I presume that you must live in Hillview, having championed the area so much, I do not live in either (I live in D10). However, I work in D23 and have to pass by D21 to get to my work place. As far as convenience and future appreciation is concerned, my bet is on Beauty World. Of course, to each his own.

Good schools
24-07-08, 00:13
No. I stay in D11, but looking to invest in Hillview area as prices are VERY reasonable and got future MRT. Freehold and future MRT at 650psf. I think Beauty World condos are just as cheap but long walk to MRT and near HDB. Good schools is not an issue because I come from a pretty good affiliated school myself. Actually the so-called "popular" primary schools produce great results. People go to Nanyang to get connections actually. Most primary schools are around the same IMHO. Not important to send to the popular ones, unless you want connections like Nanyang.

Actually Pei Hwa IS a good school. It has to undergo balloting for several phases every year. MGS is 1 or 2 km of Beauty World. It also has to undergo balloting. As a rough guide for what amounts to a good school, you can check the MOE website for balloting details.

D21 and D23 have different attractions. While I presume that you must live in Hillview, having championed the area so much, I do not live in either (I live in D10). However, I work in D23 and have to pass by D21 to get to my work place. As far as convenience and future appreciation is concerned, my bet is on Beauty World. Of course, to each his own.

jessica5678
24-07-08, 16:16
I am hse huntg @ Bukit Timah, but there r too many project out there, lost!

analyst101
25-07-08, 00:04
I am hse huntg @ Bukit Timah, but there r too many project out there, lost!

You can never get a perfect property. It does not exist. Even one that is almost perfect will probably cost too much.

Just look around. Go for the feel. The other factors like location, price, ameneties, MRT e.t.c. will then tilt the balance.

Also, buy something within your means...

jessica5678
25-07-08, 10:24
em... Thanks! I will buy something within my means of course...... I like smaller project abt less than 300 units is ideal

Not too small
25-07-08, 10:59
Sometime development too small also no good, because less facilities and no room for kids to run around and have fun. I think 300-450 units or so should be ok. Have fun searching. You should have lots of choice nowadays with the weakening market. Important to buy a place that you like within your means

em... Thanks! I will buy something within my means of course...... I like smaller project abt less than 300 units is ideal

rfid
25-07-08, 11:43

may i suggest parc palais in hume ave. seriously, it very nice, inside. and not too pricey too. huge land! and only less than 400 units. i own a unit there but not selling.. hee hee. i know all the hume condos, but PP is my fave.

Advice
25-07-08, 22:04
That is true. And most importantly, pay more attention to things you CANNOT change, e.g. the layout, the condo facilities, future MRT etc. Sometimes we let our emotions take over, e.g. you get put off by a unit with outdated furnishings, when you'll most likely change all the furnishings when you move in, so it should not be an important consideration at all. Also, all units need basic reno like repainting, polishing of the marble etc..

You can never get a perfect property. It does not exist. Even one that is almost perfect will probably cost too much.

Just look around. Go for the feel. The other factors like location, price, ameneties, MRT e.t.c. will then tilt the balance.

Also, buy something within your means...

Unregistered888
26-07-08, 00:56
shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 luxurious beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

Unregisteredagain
26-07-08, 09:17
shortie developments with no view is not worth buying. go 4 luxurious beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. If you think orchard is central, look at the map and you will realise that boon keng is more central in singapore compared to orchard or dhoby ghaut area. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

You agents/sub-sellers are PATHETIC !!!! If the development is any good people will buy. No point trying to hijack someone else's forum. This is about Bukit Timah Condos. Obviously this Bacon Hikes condo is some shitty piece of real estate that you need to try to push so hard to get rid of.

Con Artist
27-07-08, 14:58
Also, beware of unscrupulous property agents with no integrity. I was lookin around condos in Hillview and the unethical agents are marketing the Hume Ave condos as "5 min walk to future Hillview MRT"! There is no way those condos along Hume Ave can walk to Hillview MRT - that's why there're so many complaints from Hume Ave residents in the papers. Even LTA has responded that those condos along Hume Ave would have to take bus to Hillview or Beauty World MRT. I've done my homework and the Hillview MRT station is after Hillvew Road near Salvation army. So it always pays to do some homework yourself than rely on property agents. Interestingly, those condos within walking distance to future MRT are not the ones marketing the "MRt station" story. It is those who are really far that are trying to con people.

MRT
28-07-08, 15:22
Also, beware of unscrupulous property agents with no integrity. I was lookin around condos in Hillview and the unethical agents are marketing the Hume Ave condos as "5 min walk to future Hillview MRT"! There is no way those condos along Hume Ave can walk to Hillview MRT - that's why there're so many complaints from Hume Ave residents in the papers. Even LTA has responded that those condos along Hume Ave would have to take bus to Hillview or Beauty World MRT. I've done my homework and the Hillview MRT station is after Hillvew Road near Salvation army. So it always pays to do some homework yourself than rely on property agents. Interestingly, those condos within walking distance to future MRT are not the ones marketing the "MRt station" story. It is those who are really far that are trying to con people.
anyone got details about new MRT stations that will be built in bukit timah, hillview, etc? what line is it called? cannot find details in LTA website. please enlighten if you know.

Unregistered888
28-07-08, 22:38
before you criticise beacon heights, do ur homework first. It is selling fast and i was just sharing wth people a gd piece of condo near town for a reasonable price. U buy or nt doesnt affect me coz i am nt an agent. U criticise agents and i will join u too coz i dnt like them. dnt miss out on gd cndos near the city fringe as the govt is indeed going to spruce up the area soon. Dbss hdbs in boon keng are nt going for mre than 500psf for no reason. Do gve it sme thot. I m just gvng advice as distant observer of gd buys
You agents/sub-sellers are PATHETIC !!!! If the development is any good people will buy. No point trying to hijack someone else's forum. This is about Bukit Timah Condos. Obviously this Bacon Hikes condo is some shitty piece of real estate that you need to try to push so hard to get rid of.

psss
29-07-08, 08:35
before you criticise beacon heights, do ur homework first. It is selling fast and i was just sharing wth people a gd piece of condo near town for a reasonable price. U buy or nt doesnt affect me coz i am nt an agent. U criticise agents and i will join u too coz i dnt like them. dnt miss out on gd cndos near the city fringe as the govt is indeed going to spruce up the area soon. Dbss hdbs in boon keng are nt going for mre than 500psf for no reason. Do gve it sme thot. I m just gvng advice as distant observer of gd buys
are you the one who posted this beacon heights thing in every thread? do you need to do that? just post it in the beacon heights thread will do.

Unregisteredagain
29-07-08, 09:25

I cannot believe that you have no vested interest in this property. It is obvious that you either stand to gain (either as an agent, sub-seller or in some other way), or you are trying to cut losses somehow..

The point is that by posting in this manner and by your poor attempt at justification, you have only turned others off. I am looking to buy...but in Bukit Timah. That is why I am in this forum. You on the other hand, clearly are just looking to dump something that is not wanted.

someone
29-07-08, 11:34
anyone got details about new MRT stations that will be built in bukit timah, hillview, etc? what line is it called? cannot find details in LTA website. please enlighten if you know.

This is the DTL stations location...

DTL2
29-07-08, 13:51
Here is the location per LTA website

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/20080715-DTL2.pdf

Q1
29-07-08, 15:01
Here is the location per LTA website

http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/20080715-DTL2.pdf
thank you very much indeed. does it mean that one of the stations is very new to jalan juron kechil?

Q1
29-07-08, 15:01
sorry, typo. very near to jalan juron kechil

DTL22
29-07-08, 15:14
Yes. But Jalan Jurong Kechil is a very long road. So those condos further down like say Signature Park will not be able to walk to the MRT station.

sorry, typo. very near to jalan juron kechil

analyst101
30-07-08, 11:12
Yes. But Jalan Jurong Kechil is a very long road. So those condos further down like say Signature Park will not be able to walk to the MRT station.

The actual location is just outside Beauty World. Not many condos nearby, mainly landed and a couple of developments there. You may wish to walk around there to find what is actually within walking distance, rather than go by what some forummers are saying.

There is also a patch of vacant land there (in fact over or next to the underground MRT station). However, it is likely that this will be developed into a mall or other commercial building, in view of its location and `value', rather than into a residential property.

Unregistered888
30-07-08, 13:19
The actual location is just outside Beauty World. Not many condos nearby, mainly landed and a couple of developments there. You may wish to walk around there to find what is actually within walking distance, rather than go by what some forummers are saying.

There is also a patch of vacant land there (in fact over or next to the underground MRT station). However, it is likely that this will be developed into a mall or other commercial building, in view of its location and `value', rather than into a residential property.

There are some apartments near BW but there are very old.

Anybody know about the cracks at the carpark in one of the buildings near Beauty World? Not sure if it is Beauty World Plaza or Beauty World Centre? Early this year, my colleague went there one evening to consult a GP and found the whole carpark was closed as they have observed cracklines.

Analyst too
30-07-08, 13:46
IMHO, best to avoid the old 99LH property there, because they don't fetch good prices in Bukit Timah area and depreciate rapidly, unless you're going for enbloc speculation. With the latest animosity and hooligan behaviour in some 99LH East Coast enblocs (car and house being vandalised) and tendency to under-maintain the condo, it's best to avoid these old 99LH places if you're going to stay there. Also, with the govt's green initiatives, it's not surprising if enbloc is going to get more difficult in the future, i.e. less wastage from tearing down of buildings and promotion of refurbishment and upgrades of the original buildings. Buildings are likely to be left standing for much longer periods, which means those staying in 99LH will have to pay for significat lease topups for another 99 years. It's quite forseeable.

Anybody know about the cracks at the carpark in one of the buildings near Beauty World? Not sure if it is Beauty World Plaza or Beauty World Centre? Early this year, my colleague went there one evening to consult a GP and found the whole carpark was closed as they have observed cracklines.

Unregistered18
30-07-08, 14:11

Don't think all the condos here are "very old". Should go there to check for yourself, or better still, ask someone who actually lives around there.

The cracks were at Sherwood Towers. Not Beauty World. May want to go there and check it out yourself.

Unregistered8
30-07-08, 14:28
I know someone who invested millions in buying up several units at Sherwodd Tower in 2005 and sold them off in 2007. In less than 2yrs, he made over 100% profit. Can you tell me which FH properties you can double the money in such as short time? When in comes to proerty investing, it is all about location and timing, not FH Vs LH!!

IMHO, best to avoid the old 99LH property there, because they don't fetch good prices in Bukit Timah area and depreciate rapidly, unless you're going for enbloc speculation. With the latest animosity and hooligan behaviour in some 99LH East Coast enblocs (car and house being vandalised) and tendency to under-maintain the condo, it's best to avoid these old 99LH places if you're going to stay there. Also, with the govt's green initiatives, it's not surprising if enbloc is going to get more difficult in the future, i.e. less wastage from tearing down of buildings and promotion of refurbishment and upgrades of the original buildings. Buildings are likely to be left standing for much longer periods, which means those staying in 99LH will have to pay for significat lease topups for another 99 years. It's quite forseeable.

DOSK
30-07-08, 21:04
There're FH properties that double in investment between 2005 and 2007. . Are you a speculator? I've already said, if you want speculate on LH property NOW, go ahead. But it is not wise to do so. Don't always follow the past - just because your friend made money on a LH property doesn't mean you can follow blindly and buy Sherwood TODAY. Property investment in SG is all about market timing, location is secondary. Anyone who bought in 2005 would have made a killing. I wouldn't recommend anyone to speculate NOW in LH properties in this climate. LH properties depreciate more in a down market.

Most importantly, I hope your don't go around snapping up Sherwood TODAY and follow your friend blindly. Your friend sold out FOR A REASON. He himself doesn't believe in holding on forever for a depreciating property. Enbloc rules may change. You must be able to feel the pulse and not follow blindly.

I know someone who invested millions in buying up several units at Sherwodd Tower in 2005 and sold them off in 2007. In less than 2yrs, he made over 100% profit. Can you tell me which FH properties you can double the money in such as short time? When in comes to proerty investing, it is all about location and timing, not FH Vs LH!!

Sherwood
30-07-08, 21:49
Sherwood prices have collapsed and now cheaper than a 5 room flat at 400+psf. 5 room flat at AMK also 99LH is worth more. An agent called me and told me a 1700 sq ft unit is willing to let go at 400psf NEGOTIABLE. I feel sorry for those who bought at 650psf. It's already a 40% drop in price......

Unregistered8
30-07-08, 23:20
I was doing only selling in 2007 and I am glad that I get rid of all my investment properties by Oct last year. The buy and sell signals for properties couldn't be clearer for the last three to four years and if you entered the market during the last six months, there is nothing others can do to help you. BTW, I will not buy any properties for at least next two years. Let's don't fool yourself by saying it is alright to buy FH, but not LH properties now.

There're FH properties that double in investment between 2005 and 2007. . Are you a speculator? I've already said, if you want speculate on LH property NOW, go ahead. But it is not wise to do so. Don't always follow the past - just because your friend made money on a LH property doesn't mean you can follow blindly and buy Sherwood TODAY. Property investment in SG is all about market timing, location is secondary. Anyone who bought in 2005 would have made a killing. I wouldn't recommend anyone to speculate NOW in LH properties in this climate. LH properties depreciate more in a down market.

Most importantly, I hope your don't go around snapping up Sherwood TODAY and follow your friend blindly. Your friend sold out FOR A REASON. He himself doesn't believe in holding on forever for a depreciating property. Enbloc rules may change. You must be able to feel the pulse and not follow blindly.

condoking
31-07-08, 00:25
what a bozo u are? Don't u knw that beacon heights is not officially publicly launched yet? Fyi all 6 penthouses already sold at softlaunch wth 100% sold out for 1st phase. A hsbc director bought one of the penthouses for investment and a kim eng director bought a studio. BH has great potential and only idiots will buy a property in hillview area whch has stagnated for mre than a decade.
I can not believe that you have no vested interest in this property. It is obvious that you either stand to gain (either as an agent, sub-seller or in some other way), or you are trying to cut losses somehow..

The point is that by posting in this manner and by your poor attempt at justification, you have only turned others off. I am looking to buy...but in Bukit Timah. That is why I am in this forum. You on the other hand, clearly are just looking to dump something that is not wanted.

Unregistered18
31-07-08, 00:38
Sherwood prices have collapsed and now cheaper than a 5 room flat at 400+psf. 5 room flat at AMK also 99LH is worth more. An agent called me and told me a 1700 sq ft unit is willing to let go at 400psf NEGOTIABLE. I feel sorry for those who bought at 650psf. It's already a 40% drop in price......

Prices have dropped for a reason.

Sherwood has always had a bad rep. There was a problem with the sewerage pipes a couple of years ago. Then, the carpark collapse last year. The place is badly maintained. Badly built. The location (next to a busy highway) has not helped. Most of these reasons have nothing to do with it being a leasehold prop.

The only thing going for it is that it is within 500 m of the new MRT station at Beauty World.

Unregisteredzzz
31-07-08, 12:00
what a bozo u are? Don't u knw that beacon heights is not officially publicly launched yet? Fyi all 6 penthouses already sold at softlaunch wth 100% sold out for 1st phase. A hsbc director bought one of the penthouses for investment and a kim eng director bought a studio. BH has great potential and only idiots will buy a property in hillview area whch has stagnated for mre than a decade.
just because they are directors don't mean that they are making the right choices.

Unregistered5
31-07-08, 16:03
at least these directors have better foresight than layman like u n me. Fyi the hsbc director has net worth of mre than 10mil and can afford most condos in sing. Wth mre than 15yr in banking, he is definitely not a dumbass to throw 1.5mil on a property he sees no prospect. A banker wth a whole load of insider info n dne hs research has laid a wager on beacon heights so it wont be a bad choice.
just because they are directors don't mean that they are making the right choices.

Sounds desperate
31-07-08, 20:40
That doesn't mean the latest purchase is right. Analysts are wrong 75% of the time - that is worst than throwing a dart. The fact that you have to hijack so many unrelated threads to koyok sell beacon heights means you're a first degree desperate agent.

at least these directors have better foresight than layman like u n me. Fyi the hsbc director has net worth of mre than 10mil and can afford most condos in sing. Wth mre than 15yr in banking, he is definitely not a dumbass to throw 1.5mil on a property he sees no prospect. A banker wth a whole load of insider info n dne hs research has laid a wager on beacon heights so it wont be a bad choice.

To hijacker
31-07-08, 20:44
There is no need to call people idiot - that makes you a bigger idiot who cannot write a proper piece without naming calling. Hillview is an area surrounded by nature reserves and has one of the best air quality. Beacons Ht is located at a complicated/messy area with funeral parlours and red light district near Boon Keng area. It's a different crowd - go hijack the D14 thread which is more likely to be the same crowd as Beacon Heights.

Unregisteredz
01-08-08, 02:11
Another bozo...go and study the area well before commenting. beacon heights is in a pristine area unlike what u mentioned. hillview has been condemned for the past 10 over years and it will remain condemned for the next 10 years. Bukit Batok HDB flats are anytime better than a condo in hillview. hillview residents have to take a pathetic shuttle service just to get to Westmall when a lot of Bt Batok residents just need to take a short walk to Westmall. U get to live near greenery, but at the same time near the Radio and TV tall spires in the nature park and hinhede area that give out radiation 24 hours a day. Go and enjoy ur greenery and have ur cells mutated everyday till u get cancer. hillview is known for its cheapskate condos for a good reason. don't ever hope to get a shopping mall in that pathetic area and the government is just taking pity on pathetic residents in hillview by giving u guys an MRT station at the Salvation Army after so many donkey years of seclusion and isolation.

There is no need to call people idiot - that makes you a bigger idiot who cannot write a proper piece without naming calling. Hillview is an area surrounded by nature reserves and has one of the best air quality. Beacons Ht is located at a complicated/messy area with funeral parlours and red light district near Boon Keng area. It's a different crowd - go hijack the D14 thread which is more likely to be the same crowd as Beacon Heights.

Unregistered18
01-08-08, 11:04
Another bozo...go and study the area well before commenting. beacon heights is in a pristine area unlike what u mentioned. hillview has been condemned for the past 10 over years and it will remain condemned for the next 10 years. Bukit Batok HDB flats are anytime better than a condo in hillview. hillview residents have to take a pathetic shuttle service just to get to Westmall when a lot of Bt Batok residents just need to take a short walk to Westmall. U get to live near greenery, but at the same time near the Radio and TV tall spires in the nature park and hinhede area that give out radiation 24 hours a day. Go and enjoy ur greenery and have ur cells mutated everyday till u get cancer. hillview is known for its cheapskate condos for a good reason. don't ever hope to get a shopping mall in that pathetic area and the government is just taking pity on pathetic residents in hillview by giving u guys an MRT station at the Salvation Army after so many donkey years of seclusion and isolation.

You are a strange but pathetic creature. Your bacon heights clearly cannot sell, and you have taken to advertising every where and bashing people who do not agree with your warped views. I pity you.

Guess you have to go out and get a real job soon...perhaps you are one of those delinquent agents that propnex is trying to get rid of. Maybe you can go and sell insurance or sell cars instead...

Unregisteredzzz
01-08-08, 14:06
HAHAHA...U can curse agents for all you want, coz i too do not like them too...If you wish to continue thinking that i am an agent, go ahead at ur own stupidity. curse the parasitic profession for all you want and u might want to propose to the government to ban property agents altogether. I will give you all the support and even rally behind you!! what a clown you are mistaking me for being in that parasitic profession....

You are a strange but pathetic creature. Your bacon heights clearly cannot sell, and you have taken to advertising every where and bashing people who do not agree with your warped views. I pity you.

Guess you have to go out and get a real job soon...perhaps you are one of those delinquent agents that propnex is trying to get rid of. Maybe you can go and sell insurance or sell cars instead...

Unregisteredzzz
01-08-08, 14:11
Beacon Heights does not need cheapo buyers like you. Anyway, it is fast selling out, but of course, what do you care coz the project is out of ur reach anyway...lol. I doubt you can even afford a condo near town. Continue enjoying the radiation and isolation in hillview and be fooled to think that the govt is going to develop the pathetic area into something vibrant. little india with all the ah nehs is anytime better than hillview with a bunch of residents who are high on dope, thinking that they are living in a prime area....lol

Hahaha
01-08-08, 14:20
Most prime districts are no walking distance to shopping centers. If you're so obsessed with shopping at some suburban mall, then just buy condos there. But more atas people wouldn't care about staying near West Mall or Tampines Mall or whatever shopping centers.

As for telephone towers and signals, Fort Canning has a big one and it is everywhere. Most important is not to bring your handphone to your ear - that is the MOST damaging to your body as the power is very strong and close to your body. I know because I'm a doctor.

And please do not go around spamming every forum with your Beacon Heights.

deee
01-08-08, 15:16

then you go buy up a few units there lah, since it's such a killing and u so cock sure. why share this golden opputinioty with others? the reason is: it's not a sure thing, u stand to gain by selling to others. it's so obvious. u think people are stupid isit?

bee
01-08-08, 15:21

how come u know so much about westmall ah? u stay bukit batok central there is it? be careful u don't come down with dengue fever hor. my condo in hume very clean and healthy one. no have low class people like you who got no money.

hiclass guy
01-08-08, 15:32
. u think people are stupid isit?

yes, evidently he does!!!

ahseng
01-08-08, 15:33
how come u know so much about westmall ah? u stay bukit batok central there is it? be careful u don't come down with dengue fever hor. my condo in hume very clean and healthy one. no have low class people like you who got no money.

hahahah!! swee!! well said!

Unregisteredzzz
01-08-08, 22:32
my condo is near town n i own 2 properties. Hume pk 1 or Hume Pk 2, both are as crap. U drive past along bt timah and see those huge intimidating spires just beside the condo. If u study properties overseas, only cheap housing can be found beside radio antennaes, generators and spires, so much for being in a high class area. As i said, u must be high on dope.

Unregisteredzzz
01-08-08, 22:41
as for ur comments on hdb residents in bt batok, u must be envious of the better amenities they have compared to ur pathetic hume pk. Maybe when u bought ur condo, u were stupid enuf to think lam soon was a shopping mall until u got chased out by the guard one day...lol.

hotio
01-08-08, 23:02
Total rubbish. Developing countries have telephone towers and cables everywhere - in fact the most concerntrated in town areas. As for developed countries with high building density, the transceivers are on top of buildings. In short, the signals are everywhere - in fact the most concerntrated radio signals in dense urban areas - ask any engineers from the telcos and they can enlighten you. Towers are just mere structures to house the radio transceivers in areas when there ain't buildings, e.g. nature reserves, so that you can get signals on your mobile even if you go trekking at Bukit Timah hill or Fort Canning Hill. I would suggest you improve your general knowledge before spouting nonsense. This further shows your lack of proper upbringing and education. Bukit Timah and Fort Canning will always be a upmarket area, despite the towers, because the signals are everywhere!

Go back to beacon hts, which happens to be one of the worst threads with vulgarities all over. Seriously, I cannot understand why anyone has to stoop so low. Is it that difficult for you to just engage in proper discussion?

my condo is near town n i own 2 properties. Hume pk 1 or Hume Pk 2, both are as crap. U drive past along bt timah and see those huge intimidating spires just beside the condo. If u study properties overseas, only cheap housing can be found beside radio antennaes, generators and spires, so much for being in a high class area. As i said, u must be high on dope.

Peace
01-08-08, 23:21
There is a base station right on top of your condo. Would you prefer to have no handphone signals at your house?

I'm putting up a proper post for those hijackers who like to put down everybody's property and promote their own. At the end of the day, people choose to stay in different places for different reasons. There is no need to put other people down. It doesn't elevate yourself to a higher level. If you need to resort to putting down other people to make yourself feel good, it just shows how insecure you are. A person may choose to buy Bukit Timah because he like the nature reserves and he or she grew up in Bukit Timah and they prefer to be near their parents. Or he or she has childrens studying in nearby schools, e.g. MGS or NJC or whatever. You are afraid of radio signals and using the handphone but he or she done has done their research and found out that such signals are relatively harmless. There is no need to call people stupid or whatever because he or she made an informed choice to buy his or her dream home. You kept saying that there is no shopping mall in Bukit Timah but most Bukit Timah residents or even Hillview, a shopping center is NOT important. You chose beacon heights perhaps because you like to be near Little India and like the sound of vehicles at CTE or near Boon Keng schools or whatever. Is there a shopping mall near Beacon Heights or your current home? If yes, I feel happy for you because you seem to be so bent on having a shopping mall at your doorstep, but for many, it is not important. I don't think you can impose your taste on other people. Different strokes for different folks.

Peace.

Unregisteredzzz
01-08-08, 23:23
there is no denying that the radiowaves are mre concentrated in ur so called hi class hume pk cmpared to bt batok central. Ask IDA and they will shed mre lite to u. Do u knw how many megawatts of energy those spires emit? I doubt u even bother to research that b4 u moved into ur so calld hi class cndo. I wont retract the fact that low class housing are usually found beside spires and antannaes overseas coz u r probably nt well travelld enuf to knw that. I did nt say near, i said beside whch is where ur so calld hi class cndo is located. Intelligent ppl would never even think of buyng a cndo in hume area.
Total rubbish. Developing countries have telephone towers and cables everywhere - in fact the most concerntrated in town areas. As for developed countries with high building density, the transceivers are on top of buildings. In short, the signals are everywhere - in fact the most concerntrated radio signals in dense urban areas - ask any engineers from the telcos and they can enlighten you. Towers are just mere structures to house the radio transceivers in areas when there ain't buildings, e.g. nature reserves, so that you can get signals on your mobile even if you go trekking at Bukit Timah hill or Fort Canning Hill. I would suggest you improve your general knowledge before spouting nonsense. This further shows your lack of proper upbringing and education. Bukit Timah and Fort Canning will always be a upmarket area, despite the towers, because the signals are everywhere!

Go back to beacon hts, which happens to be one of the worst threads with vulgarities all over. Seriously, I cannot understand why anyone has to stoop so low. Is it that difficult for you to just engage in proper discussion?

Unregistered1
01-08-08, 23:32
Check with your engineer friends from the telcos where the highest concerntration of radio waves are. It is in Orchard Road - the most dense base stations and radio transeivers per sq km. Also, rural areas in many countries have no buildings, therefore the only way to erect radio transceivers is on towers. If given a choice, most telcos prefer not to build towers as they're expensive to build! It's cheaper to just place the transceivers on top of buildings. BTW, I don't stay in Hume. I'm just stating a fact. And no one here says Bukit Timah or Hume is high class here. You're the one who keeps saying that other people thinks the place is high class. There is no class difference in SG. Cheers!

there is no denying that the radiowaves are mre concentrated in ur so called hi class hume pk cmpared to bt batok central. Ask IDA and they will shed mre lite to u. Do u knw how many megawatts of energy those spires emit? I doubt u even bother to research that b4 u moved into ur so calld hi class cndo. I wont retract the fact that low class housing are usually found beside spires and antannaes overseas coz u r probably nt well travelld enuf to knw that. I did nt say near, i said beside whch is where ur so calld hi class cndo is located. Intelligent ppl would never even think of buyng a cndo in hume area.

Unregistered18
02-08-08, 14:22
HAHAHA...U can curse agents for all you want, coz i too do not like them too...If you wish to continue thinking that i am an agent, go ahead at ur own stupidity. curse the parasitic profession for all you want and u might want to propose to the government to ban property agents altogether. I will give you all the support and even rally behind you!! what a clown you are mistaking me for being in that parasitic profession....

If this fella is really NOT an agent, then he is either linked to the developer, or is a sub seller. Either way, he is desparate to hawk his useless junk...i for one know which prop NOt TO BUY. Thanks to him.

Unregisteredzzz
02-08-08, 22:37
I have all the money I need to spend and own 2 properties and in no need to sell anything anytime. i can keep my 2 properties till the day i die and have lots of money to spend in the bank. I despise agents just as much as people out there who think everyone is desperate to throw out their properties in the market. I am the sort that is blatant in my comments about shitty projects but it doesnt mean that when i praise a project to high heaven, i have a vested interest in it. only people who are guile and bo liao think that way. i was just having fun in this forum.

If this fella is really NOT an agent, then he is either linked to the developer, or is a sub seller. Either way, he is desparate to hawk his useless junk...i for one know which prop NOt TO BUY. Thanks to him.

qwert
04-08-08, 13:46
don't bluff lah. u where got money buy condo in town. u now desperate to buy one in UBT area so u talking the market down mah. everyone oso know wat u saying.

qwwewe
04-08-08, 13:47
as for ur comments on hdb residents in bt batok, u must be envious of the better amenities they have compared to ur pathetic hume pk. Maybe when u bought ur condo, u were stupid enuf to think lam soon was a shopping mall until u got chased out by the guard one day...lol.

so u staying in bt batok central lah. aiyah! sorrie! paiseh hor. ya lah, ya lah , ur hdb 3 room is better than my hume ave, high floor penthouse unit lah. okie? happy 'not???

qwewe
04-08-08, 13:49
There is a base station right on top of your condo. Would you prefer to have no handphone signals at your house?

I'm putting up a proper post for those hijackers who like to put down everybody's property and promote their own. At the end of the day, people choose to stay in different places for different reasons. There is no need to put other people down. It doesn't elevate yourself to a higher level. If you need to resort to putting down other people to make yourself feel good, it just shows how insecure you are. A person may choose to buy Bukit Timah because he like the nature reserves and he or she grew up in Bukit Timah and they prefer to be near their parents. Or he or she has childrens studying in nearby schools, e.g. MGS or NJC or whatever. You are afraid of radio signals and using the handphone but he or she done has done their research and found out that such signals are relatively harmless. There is no need to call people stupid or whatever because he or she made an informed choice to buy his or her dream home. You kept saying that there is no shopping mall in Bukit Timah but most Bukit Timah residents or even Hillview, a shopping center is NOT important. You chose beacon heights perhaps because you like to be near Little India and like the sound of vehicles at CTE or near Boon Keng schools or whatever. Is there a shopping mall near Beacon Heights or your current home? If yes, I feel happy for you because you seem to be so bent on having a shopping mall at your doorstep, but for many, it is not important. I don't think you can impose your taste on other people. Different strokes for different folks.

Peace.

EXACTLY! He brag got 2 units in TOWN wor! As far I know, if i own 2 unit in town (wah) i won't even bother to talk down suburban condo.

Unregistered188
14-10-08, 18:03

There will likely be a new international school at this area. According to the report and photo in the Straits Times, it will be next to Meadow Lodge and Beauty World. Also, next to the upcoming Beauty World MRT station. Good for those interested in getting a rental property around here.

beverly
09-01-09, 08:22
Hi,

I went to view the showflat (the beverly@toh tuck) yesterday, was an enbloc of goodluck view. 900 psft, FH, 115+ units. Is this price realistic given the current economic situation ? High oak nearby is going for 600 psf, 99 yr, and is already 8 year old since TOP.

Beverly is by Hiap Hoe and marketing agent is DTZ .. i ask for 10% and was told it is ridiculous.

Am looking at toh tuck area because of the schools.

polarinda
29-06-09, 15:22
wow, what a sad forum here. First world condos, 3rd class citizens..