PDA

View Full Version : Singapore – 'You drop it, you break it, it's finished'

Arcachon
04-09-12, 13:43
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sustainable-business/sustainability-with-john-elkington/singapore-you-drop-sustainability-business

"he noticed that the trees and other vegetation in the city centre were a rich, verdant green. He asked why they weren’t as dusty and diseased as in Singapore? The answer: vehicle emissions were tightly controlled – something Lee promptly put into force back home."

phantom_opera
04-09-12, 14:16
lol

"an antiseptic island peopled by a passive citizenry and governed by paranoia"

"a passive and kiasu citizenry" would be even better

carbuncle
04-09-12, 14:36
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/3147_10152046469165244_434199251_n.jpg

radha08
04-09-12, 14:49
this is my country this is my land...we are singapore singapore...we will stand together with the....kiasu-roar....:doh:

phantom_opera
04-09-12, 14:58
There must be a balance between "enjoy the present moment" and "long term sustainability"

In fact certain religion like Zen Buddhism is an advocate of mindfulness of present moment to attain enlightenment :p

In Starwars, fear is also a Jedi's enemy, fear can turn you to the DARK SIDE :scared-4:

carbuncle
04-09-12, 15:13
Enjoy the journey... not the end. For every one of us will face the same end - death.

phantom_opera
04-09-12, 15:18
Son: "Dad, why are u not happy?"
Me: "how you know I am not happy"
Son: "Because you do not smile ..."

radha08
04-09-12, 19:25
Son: "Dad, why are u not happy?"
Me: "how you know I am not happy"
Son: "Because you do not smile ..."

son:dad why u not happy
dad:knn i try and try bto never kena...:D
son::doh::doh::doh:...lets migrate...

:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

focus
04-09-12, 19:31
There must be a balance between "enjoy the present moment" and "long term sustainability"

In fact certain religion like Zen Buddhism is an advocate of mindfulness of present moment to attain enlightenment :p

In Starwars, fear is also a Jedi's enemy, fear can turn you to the DARK SIDE :scared-4:

Ya ya.. Sometimes I wonder accumulate money without spending for what.

Must balance btw "enjoy the moment" and "long term sustainability".

Dennis Ng was focus on the wealth accumulation but I don't know whether he enjoy the moments with his family and with his newfound wealth. But anyway, I respect the guy for being blunt. His death make me realised we cannot take money away.. Now can enjoy better enjoy.

radha08
04-09-12, 19:33
Ya ya.. Sometimes I wonder accumulate money without spending for what.

Must balance btw "enjoy the moment" and "long term sustainability".

Dennis Ng was focus on the wealth accumulation but I don't know whether he enjoy the moments with his family and with his newfound wealth. But anyway, I respect the guy for being blunt. His death make me realised we cannot take money away.. Now can enjoy better enjoy.

steve jobs....

feb 24 1955- oct 5 2011

rip...