View Full Version : D15- The next Super Prime

Pages : [1] 2

blackjack21trader
31-08-12, 14:14
Coming very very soon indeed.

blackjack21trader
31-08-12, 14:15

D15 old uncle and auntie property owners, please take the cash and move to D14 or D16. heheheheheheheheheheh

buttercarp
31-08-12, 14:16
Hi BJ21.... you are back and suddenly you post so many things within the last 6hours!:)

blackjack21trader
31-08-12, 14:17
Hi BJ21.... you are back and suddenly you post so many things within the last 6hours!:)

hello sister buttercarp ! aiyo... My lips were sealed for a long time la. now I can talk cork sing song again. HOrrrrararraryyyyy heheheheheheh

phantom_opera
31-08-12, 14:41
super-prime as like SC Global projects? :spliff:

u mean D14/D16 will become prime as like D9/D10 :scared-5:

blackjack21trader
31-08-12, 14:51
super-prime as like SC Global projects? :spliff:

u mean D14/D16 will become prime as like D9/D10 :scared-5:

Yes, very clever, that is what I believe will happen.

Regulators
31-08-12, 15:03
why ur sudden interest in d14? any news they clearing the chicken coops there?

D15 old uncle and auntie property owners, please take the cash and move to D14 or D16. heheheheheheheheheheh

Jonathan0503
31-08-12, 15:09

If D15 going to be super prime, why you still ask uncle auntie to take cash and move out?

phantom_opera
31-08-12, 15:18
hmm ... why SC Global not present in D15? They are stuck? :p

carbuncle
31-08-12, 15:18
No wonder GeylangOKT back in the forum lol

phantom_opera
31-08-12, 15:21
it is a good sign both brother BJ21 and Geylang OKT are back ... giving me some hope that market is alive again :cheers5:

eng81157
31-08-12, 15:22
same questions too, why ask uncles and aunties to uproot from D15 and move to D14/16??

phantom_opera
31-08-12, 15:25
Let me answer for brother BJ, it is because D14/D16 are still relatively cheap so capital appreciation potential is more than D15 itself which already nearing 1800psf-2000psf

carbuncle
31-08-12, 15:37
I agree with bro phantom. it simply means if they sell now, they can get decent good stuff in the other two districts. when D15 chiong up up up there will be too many competing with them to sell too.

phantom_opera
31-08-12, 15:41
I agree with bro phantom. it simply means if they sell now, they can get decent good stuff in the other two districts. when D15 chiong up up up there will be too many competing with them to sell too.

In other words, announcement of ERL will boost D15 by another 10% to 2000psf similar to D10 prices, then both D14/D16 1200psf leasehold/1400psf freehold pricing will look super attractive

Singakapor is following the footstep of Japan property bubble, announcement of new Shinkansen station becoming speculative ... if no CMs ... D15 probably at 2500psf already :scared-4:

radha08
31-08-12, 16:04

welcome welcome MOST handsome brother of all....so what does your crystal ball tell you about D15....do u see TRAIN tracks....:scared-1::D:spliff:

phantom_opera
31-08-12, 16:10
“Kakuei Tanaka (Lee Hsien Loong), who became Prime Minister in 1972 (?), effected extremely aggressive public investment based on his belief (remodelling the Japanese (Singapore) archipelago) that it was necessary to resolve overpopulation (overimmigration) and depopulation problems by constructing a nationwide shinkansen (MRT) railway network, which led to an overheated economy.”

:scared-1:

http://www.doctorhousingbubble.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/japan-1990s.jpg

azeoprop
31-08-12, 16:23
Yah...I am very worried that this might happen to sg. Will 2016 to 2026 be the lost years of Singapore?
:scared-5:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan)

Regulators
31-08-12, 16:23
Answer is simple, BJ21 is vested in D14 and 16 :)

Let me answer for brother BJ, it is because D14/D16 are still relatively cheap so capital appreciation potential is more than D15 itself which already nearing 1800psf-2000psf

phantom_opera
31-08-12, 16:27
History always repeat itself, all great nations die in the hands of property bubble :banghead:

Of course, not yet, Singapore golden era is yet to arrive :cheers5:

hopeful
31-08-12, 16:29

like that how come BJ21 only recomment robertson area etc, why doesnt he recommend other areas along thomson line.

dont get your logic here. sell low and buy lower?

carbuncle
31-08-12, 16:37
uncles and aunties may not have income to support loan. so sell low and buy lower is good for them.

radha08
31-08-12, 16:42
Yah...I am very worried that this might happen to sg. Will 2016 to 2026 be the lost years of Singapore?
:scared-5:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_(Japan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Decade_%28Japan))

ok so 2015 property will DROP 50%...then 2016 to 2026..END of world...:eek:

azeoprop
31-08-12, 18:32
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2012/pr12-96.html

the rates for Group B2 {Residential (non-landed)} have increased by an average of 1%, with increases ranging from 8 to 12% in 15 sectors and no change in DC rates for the remaining 103 sectors. The largest increase in Group B2 rate is in Sector 98 (Bedok North / Simei / Tampines New Town) at 12%.

:scared-1: :scared-3:

radha08
31-08-12, 18:55
http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2012/pr12-96.html

the rates for Group B2 {Residential (non-landed)} have increased by an average of 1%, with increases ranging from 8 to 12% in 15 sectors and no change in DC rates for the remaining 103 sectors. The largest increase in Group B2 rate is in Sector 98 (Bedok North / Simei / Tampines New Town) at 12%.

:scared-1: :scared-3:
Pay$ and $pay

blackjack21trader
31-08-12, 21:03
like that how come BJ21 only recomment robertson area etc, why doesnt he recommend other areas along thomson line.

dont get your logic here. sell low and buy lower?

errr....because it is nearer to MBS or City? this reason ho bo ? WOAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHEHEHHEHHEHEHEH

thomastansb
31-08-12, 21:18
I remember in 2007, people say Newton will be the next Orchard. Then prices went over the roof. I don't see this happening today still. Not in the next 20 years.

blackjack21trader
31-08-12, 21:28
I remember in 2007, people say Newton will be the next Orchard. Then prices went over the roof. I don't see this happening today still. Not in the next 20 years.

newton selling over $2500 psf still not reach meh?

hopeful
31-08-12, 22:15
bj21, what are you doing in Taipan Regency?

oh, that is is haig road. no wonder u think area near joo chiat will be next superprime

blackjack21trader
31-08-12, 22:23
bj21, what are you doing in Taipan Regency?

oh, that is is haig road. no wonder u think area near joo chiat will be next superprime

make a guess. hehehehehehehehhe

hopeful
31-08-12, 22:56
make a guess. hehehehehehehehhe

u want to buy the whole condominium ? enbloc?

blackjack21trader
31-08-12, 23:07
u want to buy the whole condominium ? enbloc?

no lah... the forum ask me my favorite condo, I just pluck a condo name from my memory lor. ..think forum bug shows it as my location lor..now you see I put Joo Chiat liao la.......money not enough leh...

blackjack21trader
01-09-12, 06:56
Well, brothers here are right partially about the reason behind my suggestion for the auntie and uncles to move out of D15 to go D14/D16 so as to capitalise on the gains. Because there are several strategic locations in D14/D16 with very good potential for appreciation. However, do keep in mind again the following in these 2 districts:

1) Heritage appeal of the area: Go near spots of interests but NOT right into the heart of the activites !

2) MRT stations should be within reasonable walking distance: Because there are so many new projects build within the proximity of MRT these days, you do not wanna lose out on this competitive advantage.

3) Next to mall is a plus.Although the human traffic is high, the noise level is low or capped within the mall. And yet you can enjoy all the convenience.

4) Near to Food and Entertainment is BETTER than mall. Because F&B is a special need for the young rich. Of course you would not seriously want to stay above one pub UNLESS you have some very good interior designers to soundproof for your unit.

5) Older a bit is ok. About 10-20years old units are acceptable. You only need to spend less than $100K for a really good touch up. However, be careful of 30 years and above property, unless the owners had previously invested in at least once major A&A. Usually the first major A&A on any property arrive on the 35 years. For landed, expect to spend min S$300K for a decent renewal job.

6) In D14, there is an area near to a well known primary school. The whole row opposite that school is a good location. Unfortunately developer brothers and handsome ones like me already targeted liao la...WOAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHEHEHEHHEHEHHHEHHHUUHU

blackjack21trader
01-09-12, 07:09
why ur sudden interest in d14? any news they clearing the chicken coops there?

I dun think they will move la. I do not see the need for the Authority to diffuse the area of vice from the center. It is easier to control when they r all concentrated into one location lor. However, if you are able to design a project such that somehow it is shielded from all these activities, can still sell lor.

blackjack21trader
01-09-12, 07:17
In other words, announcement of ERL will boost D15 by another 10% to 2000psf similar to D10 prices, then both D14/D16 1200psf leasehold/1400psf freehold pricing will look super attractive

Singakapor is following the footstep of Japan property bubble, announcement of new Shinkansen station becoming speculative ... if no CMs ... D15 probably at 2500psf already :scared-4:

very little chance of that happening here la. How so ? Japan is a CLOSED SYSTEM, Singapore is like a tap that you can switch on and off by controlling the immigrants.

Further, it is very clear that Singaporeans are NOT against property price appreciation, they are instead worried about affordability.

Affordabilty of the property is the MAIN reason behind property bubbles, NOT property prices per se.

I can see more CMs to cool the market, but not to crash it.

phantom_opera
01-09-12, 08:24
very little chance of that happening here la. How so ? Japan is a CLOSED SYSTEM, Singapore is like a tap that you can switch on and off by controlling the immigrants.

Further, it is very clear that Singaporeans are NOT against property price appreciation, they are instead worried about affordability.

Affordabilty of the property is the MAIN reason behind property bubbles, NOT property prices per se.

I can see more CMs to cool the market, but not to crash it.

i beg to differ once BTO at Punggol hit 500k far from MRT, 700k near MRT, affordability will be a key issue .... if fresh graduates cannot afford BTOs anymore, PAP will definitely to bring prices down 30-40%

The first sign already appears, those BTOs near MRT e.g. McNair recently mainly applied by second timers and first timers having rich dads ... 5xxk for 4r HDB is already on the border line for 1st timers

Eastboy
01-09-12, 08:26
They will be relocating the chickens to Kranji....and when such news are announced, prices will shoot through the roof cos D14 is 8min away from MBS by car.

Chillyred888
01-09-12, 08:44
They will be relocating the chickens to Kranji....and when such news are announced, prices will shoot through the roof cos D14 is 8min away from MBS by car.

the chicken den is a super prime area..they will be cleared and build into residential sooner or later..if i have the $$ i will buy kp for rental and who knows i may hit the jackpot once they start to revamp that area

carbuncle
01-09-12, 08:55
Chicken den area is already undergoing unofficial clean up with the endless private treaty enbloc sales slowly clearing out old walkups and terraces turning them into modern 8 storey residential blocks many with mech carparks. There are at least 20-25 such projects at last casual count.

Chillyred888
01-09-12, 08:59
Chicken den area is already undergoing unofficial clean up with the endless private treaty enbloc sales slowly clearing out old walkups and terraces turning them into modern 8 storey residential blocks many with mech carparks. There are at least 20-25 such projects at last casual count.

heard it quite hard to take a housing loan when u invest in chicken den area, now is the money issue else i will take the plunge ,invest for long term

blackjack21trader
01-09-12, 09:52
heard it quite hard to take a housing loan when u invest in chicken den area, now is the money issue else i will take the plunge ,invest for long term

yes that is true. you see, even banks are conservative about the area. but there is one way around this if you are a high risk taker: That is to buy from developers, sure can get the bank loans la.

Many new projects out there, nice but no thanks for me. I stayed in Geyland for the most of my childhood, had enough of chicken................................RICE LA

WOAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHEWHEHHEEHEHHEHEH

blackjack21trader
01-09-12, 10:01
I teach u all where to aim in Gayland la..... you see, the chickens can fly from Lor 4 all the way until around Lor 24 only, beyond that, the alarm will sound and police kor kor will come la.

Gayland is flanked by 2 roads: Sins Avenue and Ginninma roads. Avoid the Middle Gayland Road and aim properties between Ahguni MRT and Papaya MRT.

Remember hor... only if you are a high risk taker.

doufei
01-09-12, 10:06
Buy Lor25 and above. Many new developments in these Lorongs and are transforming into peaceful private estates. These lorongs are also within 1 km from the famous good primary school. Banks are more willing to grant housing loans for Lor25 and above for the even lorongs although limited banks to choice. UOB still offer reasonable loan package (though not the best) in Geylang.

carbuncle
01-09-12, 10:18
never had an issue with new launch even in even lorongs. keyword is new launch.

doufei
01-09-12, 10:25
Well, for sure Maybanks and UOB are willing to offer reasonable loan package for subsale/resale for newer developments. Not sure about the old developments.

Regulators
01-09-12, 12:15
Is that official? I have the feeling that geylang will be transformed in the next five years.

blackjack21trader
01-09-12, 12:18
Is that official? I have the feeling that geylang will be transformed in the next five years.

One developer brother is trying to convert that Gayland into Tsim Sha Tsui........but I think he is facing many challenges la.....may succeed also may not..we shall see.

blackjack21trader
01-09-12, 12:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7PMHQM9is0

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/9-1-201212-31-41PM.jpg

blackjack21trader
14-09-12, 10:34
now u believe D15 will be the Next superprime liao bo ?

let me tell you a story first.

But in the 1980s-1990s, when your brother was still a Victorian in Jalan Baser, a dragonfly flew and landed on my forehead. ever since, my classmates were amazed at my predictive power of 4Ds and totos. Little did they know, that the dragonfly has opened my third eye. Now fast forward to the 2000s:

My opened third eye saw many younger generation , who are professional getting more affluent and become world traveller. as a matter of fact, the airlines no longer called the tourists tourists but traveller. And why is it so ? Let me continue and please be patience:

These young affluent professionals are global travellers, yes indeed they work hard and play hard and must travel at least twice every year no matter what. Now I am not only referring to Lions but younger generation from all the developing and developed countries of our Mother Earth:

Only in 2005, there arises a problem. This problem is the escalation of fuel costs and hence translated into high hotel rates. If you check all the hotel rates all over the Eastern part of the World in the major cities, they are nearly all about US$200 and above. And they are there not by chance but due to inflationary pressures. Indeed in the early morning of 2007, just before the 2008 crash, another dragonfly flew and landed this time on my nose. And then, and then...and then my fourth eye was opened !!!!

This fourth eye is better than my third eye because ,because, because...it can see through ...see through walls............and... and... and NOT FABRIC la......sigh yo...let me continue:

So by 2009, the travelling costs of these frequent world travellers became very high, in particular, the accomodation costs. And in late 2010, after the FED pumped much money into the global system, the one bedder studios in Hong Kong TST and Hong Kong Main Island was taken up aggressively by these new class of travellers. How so ? At the same time they can invest in property, they nearly cut all the accomodation costs to ZERO !!!!!!!!

The developer brothers r now also looking to take over as many freehold lands as possible, so that they can substain future business developments for their next generations also. they wanna do the same as you also, buy freehold so that the land can be recycled later la. How so ? where else got the most freehold land ?

Well, after buying from you freehold land, they can sell the lease to you for 60-90 years . Freehold projects ( NOT LANDED HOR unless your land is like 100,000 sqft) are the only ones that you can sell a part of the lease and recycle the land after every certain tenure.

I know, you are fearful that many might see this and start to rush before you. Dun worry lah.. you know why ? Because as I mentioned, not every freehold land can be enblocked, or are in demand by developers hor.

WAHLAUEH......I cannot go further liao............tell u later in 25 Dec 2012.

WOAHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEH

proper-t
14-09-12, 10:39
now u believe D15 will be the Next superprime liao bo ?

.....Well, after buying from you freehold land, they can sell the lease to you for 60-90 years . Freehold projects ( NOT LANDED HOR unless your land is like 100,000 sqft) are the only ones that you can sell a part of the lease and recycle the land after every certain tenure.

WOAHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEH

nice forecast but why not freehold landed as well???...developers have been known to buy up adjoining landed plots (TK got many examples) and build apts/condos as long as the zoning allows.

blackjack21trader
14-09-12, 11:04
nice forecast but why not freehold landed as well???...developers have been known to buy up adjoining landed plots (TK got many examples) and build apts/condos as long as the zoning allows.

becos landed owners too greedy ? :D

focus
14-09-12, 11:37
becos landed owners too greedy ? :D

before 2009, landed land area psf is discount to a condo psf.
2009-2010, landed land area psf equals to condo psf.
2011-2012, landed land area psf is irrelevant, people are switching to built-in psf when compared to condo psf.

If people (esp. the locals rich) are buying a place to stay, they have a choice of choosing a condo or landed. If you compared the psf, landed seems to be cheaper.

So why you think landed is expensive? Do you think people will revert to the pre-2009 era? Why you think condo in d15 will become prime and the prime will become super-prime. If indeed the prime and super-prime happens, the psf will be pull further away from the landed psf and so landed is still relatively cheaper in psf rite?

Just a thought.. now i also kan cheong liao... only 2 ppty for self-stay ...and cash invested in bonds and equities.. :(

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 08:26
Now you believe D15 will be the next superprime liao bo ? Read the news today?

tkc2263
21-09-12, 09:06

Care to substantiate?

Newbie23
21-09-12, 09:41

Anything interesting in the news today?

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 10:09
Retiree Soh Poh Neo, 56, said she bought a 1,152 sq ft three-bedder for $1.37 million, or $1,188 psf, as an investment for her son.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/220-apartments-snapped-bedok-south-project-preview-20120921

plse la..always spoon feed u guys... u buay paiseh meh?

PN
21-09-12, 10:10
OK. Believe you. 神龙股狭。

Bro BJ21 , your face everywhere in Padang, NY, Europe but cannot see your handsome face clearly leh.

Got larger pictures or not?

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 10:11
OK. Believe you. 神龙股狭。

Bro BJ21 , your face everywhere in Padang, NY, Europe but cannot see your handsome face clearly leh.

Got larger pictures or not?

In real life, my face is exactly like that: very unclear one. WOAHAHHEHHEHHEHE

thanks for visiting my webpage :)

tkc2263
21-09-12, 10:20
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/220-apartments-snapped-bedok-south-project-preview-20120921

plse la..always spoon feed u guys... u buay paiseh meh?

Pls lah....this project is in D16 and not D15...u buay paiseh meh?

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 10:22
Pls lah....this project is in D16 and not D15...u buay paiseh meh?

Oppppsss... sorry wrong number ! WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I meant to say is, even D16, 99 years also selling over S$1200psf liao...I can't imagine how high will a freehold D15 near MRT one fetch once they announce the new ERL stations la.

HEHEHEHEHHEH paiseh, paiseh..

desfrie
21-09-12, 10:25
Such a so called news will result in a super prime? Pls lor!!!

I meant to say is, even D16, 99 years also selling over S$1200psf liao...I can't imagine how high will a freehold D15 near MRT one fetch once they announce the new ERL stations la.

PN
21-09-12, 10:27

See I told you your pictures too blur.
To solve the problem, you need to have a clearer picture of yours otherwise your eyesight also affected. 6 looks like 5 because too blurrrr already. :D

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 10:35
ok... appears like brothers here not convinced orh...okay la, give myself a pat on my shoulder and tell myself a nice try , better luck next time.

:(

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 10:36
See I told you your pictures too blur.
To solve the problem, you need to have a clearer picture of yours otherwise your eyesight also affected. 6 looks like 5 because too blurrrr already. :D

actually my face is not blur but rough like moon craters la.. WOAHAHHAAHHHEHEHHEHEHEH

Laguna
21-09-12, 10:39
I know the current old building at the junction of MP road and Joo Chiat Road will hv a underground link to the MRT station. This is confirmed alr.

The old building is coming down.

So around this area, I am eyeing at The Seaview as a better project.
Wait for a dip in price...but waited for so long...

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 10:41
I know the current old building at the junction of MP road and Joo Chiat Road will hv a underground link to the MRT station. This is confirmed alr.

so that leesg is right, that his grandfather's old hotel at MP might be taken over ?

Newbie23
21-09-12, 10:44

How do u know it is confirmed already? did it come from LTA website?

Laguna
21-09-12, 10:49
How do u know it is confirmed already? did it come from LTA website?

if u trust me, take my words
there are many cases I cannot reveal the source.

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 10:55

i believe u, judging from the way the building has been left unoccupied ( or as workers hostel ) after the enbloc..I was thinking about this also at that time....indeed...this is the one beside the petrol station tio bo?

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 10:56
so that leesg is right, that his grandfather's old hotel at MP might be taken over ?

so leesg very happy liao la...tio bo..open a few more bank accounts get ready first ?

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 10:57
so leesg very happy liao la...tio bo..open a few more bank accounts get ready first ?

dam last time my family wanted to buy the hotel.... guess it is all fated.

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 11:05
Today I was enjoying..enjoying....my...my.....coffee in my bathtub.

Suddenly, letters started to appear on the mist on the mirror! I quickly sat up in the bath and watched in anticipation for 4D numbers. But no, it was something more deep and complex than just numericals. It was forming a sentence and it reads:

"D15 MM will hit new highs as supply started to be capped in this area."

Then..then...then...the sentence swirled around and started to form 2 big circles with a dot in each..I sat even more upright and opened my eyes big big and...and...and....and.......then the fuse in my water heater blew and the picture disappeared....sigh...

Newbie23
21-09-12, 11:07

Then where is the station closer to Amber road slated to be?

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 11:26
How abt this news? Now you believe liao bo :

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/516m-bid-redhill-site-stuns-market-watchers-20120921

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 11:33
MEGA ENBLOC DEALS WILL BE FORMED IN D15 as now we have not local developers, but developers joint ventures formed by foreigner companies ! these have potentially more financial muscles as can be seen in the news I referred to above :)

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 11:34
Very soon, we will see the first S$1.5Billion bid for enbloc here :)

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 11:35
Very soon, we will see the first S$1.5Billion bid for enbloc here :)

you dun believe ? think again now that they can segment the land parcel into smaller individual project and sell them...hehehheheheheheh

tkc2263
21-09-12, 13:56
Mega projects?

How about Laguna Park and Lagoon View?

Then stretch a little further, Neptune Court and Mandarin Gardens??

Mega enough...??:cheers4:

blackjack21trader
21-09-12, 13:57
Mega projects?

How about Laguna Park and Lagoon View?

Then stretch a little further, Neptune Court and Mandarin Gardens??

Mega enough...??:cheers4:

yes..i hope this time they will be successful as these are the mega enblocs that will pushed the D15 psf beyond S$2500psf. dun believe me ? woahhehehehehehehheheheheheh

CP5211
21-09-12, 20:56

Hi Laguna, with regards to Seaview, do you have any idea what happened to the case whereby the owners sued the developer?
http://sgpropertynews.com/singapore-property/property-developer-sued-for-s14m-by-angry-residents/

radha08
24-09-12, 21:40
Today I was enjoying..enjoying....my...my.....coffee in my bathtub.

Suddenly, letters started to appear on the mist on the mirror! I quickly sat up in the bath and watched in anticipation for 4D numbers. But no, it was something more deep and complex than just numericals. It was forming a sentence and it reads:

"D15 MM will hit new highs as supply started to be capped in this area."

Then..then...then...the sentence swirled around and started to form 2 big circles with a dot in each..I sat even more upright and opened my eyes big big and...and...and....and.......then the fuse in my water heater blew and the picture disappeared....sigh...
did u see any dragon fly...:D:D:D

vratenza
06-10-12, 14:33

Thanks for the info, but I'm trying to figure out which old building you are talking about. The only "old" buildings around the junction of Joo Chiat Rd and MP Rd is the old Cinema, the Church and the HDB block that houses the NPP.:beats-me-man:

Laguna
06-10-12, 15:24
Thanks for the info, but I'm trying to figure out which old building you are talking about. The only "old" buildings around the junction of Joo Chiat Rd and MP Rd is the old Cinema, the Church and the HDB block that houses the NPP.:beats-me-man:

The old cinema

coolview
06-10-12, 18:54
The old cinema

Laguna, you seems very familar with the area, what's your view of investing a studio unit at Coralis?

phantom_opera
06-10-12, 20:23
Laguna, you seems very familar with the area, what's your view of investing a studio unit at Coralis?

you like sauna in huge balcony/planter? ;)

coolview
06-10-12, 20:48
you like sauna in huge balcony/planter? ;)

U have a good point, it is direct west sun facing. But the agent said the balcony/planter does help, it is like wearing a cap on a hotsun..so the interior of the unit may not be too bad..does make sense to me, but not sure true or not. Looking to buy a studio at either tembeling side or The seaview. Seaview asking too high whereas tembeling a bit far from amenities..So coralis seems to be a good option in between

carbuncle
06-10-12, 20:56
trembling near I12

Laguna
06-10-12, 22:15
Seaview asking too high whereas tembeling a bit far from amenities..So coralis seems to be a good option in between

What is the purpose of the buy? investment?

ekl2ekl2
06-10-12, 22:23

There are so many MMs or small units within 1 km of this area.
For investment, got to check first if it is easy to rent out studios. Don't think yield will be high compared to D14.

propertychap
06-10-12, 22:25
I just got to know that Far East has bought Kingston Terrace and leased out as serviced apartment. This is freehold near Kembangan MRT.
Wonder why Far East does not tear down the building and rebuild?
Just like Pastoral View at Novena. Far East up to something?

Laguna
06-10-12, 22:35
I extracted the recent transacted prices of Coralis, the units are smaller, but asking price on psf is about the same as The Seaview, but the one bedroom at The Seaview is bigger. Quantum is about $1m.
530 Joo Chiat Road #XX-01 495

$833k $1,682 Aug 31, 2012

530 Joo Chiat Road #XX-01 495 $845k

$1,707 Apr 10, 2012

The rental return at The Seaview should be better due to the facilities and space.
I prefer The Seaview. Once the MRT works start, it will be worst at Coralis, traffic is also worst at the junction

coolview
06-10-12, 22:36
What is the purpose of the buy? investment?

Yes investment. interestingly I understand the rental further in like tembeling and futher in the joo chiat side the rental is relatively low compared to nearby studio apartments in one amber and seaview. I understand the rental for studios at one amber and seaview is more than 3k+, whereas tembeling side is only 2k +. I wonder what will be rental for coralis..

coolview
06-10-12, 22:38
I extracted the recent transacted prices of Coralis, the units are smaller, but asking price on psf is about the same as The Seaview, but the one bedroom at The Seaview is bigger. Quantum is about $1m.
530 Joo Chiat Road #XX-01 495

$833k $1,682 Aug 31, 2012

530 Joo Chiat Road #XX-01 495 $845k

$1,707 Apr 10, 2012

The rental return at The Seaview should be better due to the facilities and space.
I prefer The Seaview. Once the MRT works start, it will be worst at Coralis, traffic is also worst at the junction

I prefer The Seaview for sure. But I understand the asking for a high floor studio is $1.2mil :scared-4:

Laguna
06-10-12, 22:47
I prefer The Seaview for sure. But I understand the asking for a high floor studio is $1.2mil :scared-4:

omg, i tot it was at $1m
I am still waiting to buy there...1km within TNS

coolview
06-10-12, 23:01
omg, i tot it was at $1m

actually it was rather recent. A few months ago I was hesistant to offer a high floor unit at $1.05 (nego) and the next moment I know a lower floor unit transacted at $1.1mil :doh:

vratenza
07-10-12, 07:01
The old cinema

Oh ok, thanks!

Since the ERL will be an underground line, the MP station most likely will not require so much surface space for the main entrance.

Hope they redevelop the old cinema (heck, in fact the whole MP central) into some multifunctional centre integrating the MRT station.
:p

vratenza
07-10-12, 07:11

Once Coralis is up, along with PSB, Seaview, The Shore......all the newer super dense (read maximized land utilization and buildup) condos will contribute to the traffic snarl in the whole MP/Joo Chiat/Katong area.

Both Joo Chiat Road and East Coast Road are effectively just single lane traffic roads thanks to the road side parking, proliferant illegal parking/waiting, cars lining up to enter I12. Having conserved buildings along both sides of the roads means there is very little leeway in road expansion.

price
07-10-12, 13:41
With a whole stretch of private landed homes along the ERL, owners gotta prepare themselves for what residents at watten estate went through:

http://www.asiaone.com/static/motoring/gallery/120916_cracks/images/pic11.jpg
http://www.asiaone.com/static/motoring/gallery/120916_cracks/images/pic10.jpg
http://www.asiaone.com/static/motoring/gallery/120916_cracks/images/pic1.jpghttp://www.asiaone.com/static/motoring/gallery/120916_cracks/images/pic3.jpg
http://www.asiaone.com/static/motoring/gallery/120916_cracks/images/pic4.jpg
http://www.asiaone.com/static/motoring/gallery/120916_cracks/images/pic8.jpg
http://www.asiaone.com/static/motoring/gallery/120916_cracks/images/pic9.jpg

blackjack21trader
07-10-12, 14:00
Once Coralis is up, along with PSB, Seaview, The Shore......all the newer super dense (read maximized land utilization and buildup) condos will contribute to the traffic snarl in the whole MP/Joo Chiat/Katong area.

Both Joo Chiat Road and East Coast Road are effectively just single lane traffic roads thanks to the road side parking, proliferant illegal parking/waiting, cars lining up to enter I12. Having conserved buildings along both sides of the roads means there is very little leeway in road expansion.

in my personal humble opinion, the whole of east coast road can be closed and traffic direct to Marine Parade Road. dun forget, the reclaimed land is up till I12. just a suggestion from my third eye, dun flame or accuse me of anything hor.

silver023
07-10-12, 14:59
in my personal humble opinion, the whole of east coast road can be closed and traffic direct to Marine Parade Road. dun forget, the reclaimed land is up till I12. just a suggestion from my third eye, dun flame or accuse me of anything hor.

Might be a great idea... Driving thru it eash time is painful in either direction. Would be nice if they make the katong part of East Coast rd into some kind of pedestrian walkway (like Shanghai's East Nanjing rd, but 10000 times more hap) + multi-storey parking

blackjack21trader
07-10-12, 15:54
Might be a great idea... Driving thru it eash time is painful in either direction. Would be nice if they make the katong part of East Coast rd into some kind of pedestrian walkway (like Shanghai's East Nanjing rd, but 10000 times more hap) + multi-storey parking

wow ... u are a genius ! that is even a better idea..hope Ah Khaw can seriously consider this.

vratenza
08-10-12, 01:49
dun forget, the reclaimed land is up till I12. just a suggestion from my third eye, dun flame or accuse me of anything hor.

I always thought or heard that the former shoreline is the green belt between mercury/PSB/church and the Marine Parade road??

Because of the sea wall that was built along former shoreline, that's the reason why they cannot pile right into the belt... That explains the absence of buildings along that stretch.... Not because the govt is so environmentally friendly to give the area a "green lung".

That also is one main reason why the engineering studies are taking so long... Because the tunneling have to cross these sea walls along certain stretches. The actual reclaimed area is a lesser problem. If parkway parade and hdb point blocks can be built and remain stable for the last 40 yrs or so... Tunneling should not pose that much of a problem given their experience w marina/Nicoll highway area.

blackjack21trader
08-10-12, 07:41
I always thought or heard that the former shoreline is the green belt between mercury/PSB/church and the Marine Parade road??

Because of the sea wall that was built along former shoreline, that's the reason why they cannot pile right into the belt... That explains the absence of buildings along that stretch.... Not because the govt is so environmentally friendly to give the area a "green lung".

That also is one main reason why the engineering studies are taking so long... Because the tunneling have to cross these sea walls along certain stretches. The actual reclaimed area is a lesser problem. If parkway parade and hdb point blocks can be built and remain stable for the last 40 yrs or so... Tunneling should not pose that much of a problem given their experience w marina/Nicoll highway area.

I am no engineer, just making a wild suggestion. Your explanation is very logical and I agree with you.

Do share with us more for us all to advance our knowledge, brother ! ( you only made 4 posts so far leh )

:)

Jonathan0503
08-10-12, 20:39

Maybe east coast road and marine parade road will become one-way street. Just like Geylang and Sims ave

blackjack21trader
08-10-12, 22:01
Maybe east coast road and marine parade road will become one-way street. Just like Geylang and Sims ave

you guys are genius or your diet is different from mine? that is a brilliant idea !

oda
09-10-12, 11:41
No wonder GeylangOKT back in the forum lol

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

;)

Jonathan0503
09-10-12, 18:38
you guys are genius or your diet is different from mine? that is a brilliant idea !

I was just thinking since the area is already so built-up, there is no way to expand the streets. So to improve traffic flow with the increase in amenities and population, one-way street would be a viable option. Probably the stretch of east coast road from katong shopping centre to still road

blackjack21trader
09-10-12, 19:26
I was just thinking since the area is already so built-up, there is no way to expand the streets. So to improve traffic flow with the increase in amenities and population, one-way street would be a viable option. Probably the stretch of east coast road from katong shopping centre to still road

why not ? keep having to run to move my parked car while having dinner is such a hassle anyway. we can walk, can't we?

PN
09-10-12, 19:46
why not ? keep having to run to move my parked car while having dinner is such a hassle anyway. we can walk, can't we?

Don't forget to add in cycling path. This should be well link to East Coast Park. Those living nearby and for people after cycling at EC Park, can park their bicycles and enjoy the walk, LSLS, dine, shop around before cycling home.

So can either walk or cycle. Should encourage and make it easier for cyclists. If make it easier for people to cycle around, people living nearby don't have to drive, whole family can cycle safely from & back home. With more people cycling, this may even help to reduce traffic congestion. Healthy living & green green green environment.

blackjack21trader
09-10-12, 20:18
Don't forget to add in cycling path. This should be well link to East Coast Park. Those living nearby and for people after cycling at EC Park, can park their bicycles and enjoy the walk, LSLS, dine, shop around before cycling home.

So can either walk or cycle. Should encourage and make it easier for cyclists. If make it easier for people to cycle around, people living nearby don't have to drive, whole family can cycle safely from & back home. With more people cycling, this may even help to reduce traffic congestion. Healthy living & green green green environment.

wow.... r u working in ura? otherwise a waste of ur creativity man!

PN
09-10-12, 21:52
wow.... r u working in ura? otherwise a waste of ur creativity man!
How did you know?
I'm the uncle issuing parking fine to you last week? :D

blackjack21trader
10-10-12, 14:26
How did you know?
I'm the uncle issuing parking fine to you last week? :D

dun bluff la... parking warrens so highly educated meh, ,my third eye told me u have at least a basic degree hor if not a masters.

proper-t
11-10-12, 09:19

Gardens by the Bay, East Coast Park to be linked
By Dylan Loh | Posted: 10 October 2012 1826 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Gardens by the Bay will be joined to East Coast Park, creating the country's longest continuous stretch of coastal parkland - from the island's north-east to south-central Singapore.

Construction works to link the two are expected to start in late-2013 and finish in end-2014.

The National Parks Board is now studying details of how to bring the two major green spaces closer.

The Eastern Coastal Loop of park connectors currently lets residents in Simei, Bedok, Tampines and Pasir Ris, among other estates, access East Coast Park on bicycle or on foot. When the park is joined to Gardens by the Bay's East section, they can cycle, stroll, or jog to the attraction without using public roads.

Starting from Changi Beach Park, they can cycle through the Coastal Park Connector to East Coast Park, and head to the Bay East Garden of Gardens by the Bay via the new link.

This route measures over 25 km and at more than half the island's length, makes it the country's longest sweep of park space along the coast.

From the Bay East Garden, people can already access the Bay South Garden, where the two cooled conservatories and Supertrees are, by crossing the Marina Barrage at the mouth of the Marina Reservoir.

People can also head to the future Sports Hub from Bay East, by using the Tanjong Rhu Promenade Park Connector, and crossing the Tanjong Rhu suspension bridge.

Construction on the Marina Coastal Expressway is currently being carried out and are set to be completed by end-2013. After that, works to link Gardens by the Bay and East Coast Park will start.

Associate Professor Tan Puay Yok of the Architecture Department at the School of Design and Environment with the National University of Singapore, said: "The terrain itself is not very challenging, I think it's a fairly easy site to work with. And the fact that Singapore has already a fairly large, extensive network of park connectors, means that the design intention, design considerations could be followed for this site."

Currently, cyclists who wish to access Gardens by the Bay from East Coast Park have to exit the park from near the western end of the park along East Coast Park Service Road, and head onto public roads. This will not be necessary anymore when the two green spaces are finally linked.

19-year-old polytechnic student Chang Teck, who is an avid cyclist, is happy with the new link.

He said: "It will be more safe for cyclists like me. Because we don't have to go on the roads and look out for cars...and follow the traffic rules. [With the] straight path to the Gardens by the Bay, we can have a longer route, we can have more recreational activities for cyclists, we can cycle a longer path."

Joining both green spaces also opens up possible new routes for the many organised runs taking place yearly around downtown Singapore.

The National Parks Board's long-term goal is to create a Singapore-wide park connector network, linking up the whole of the island.

-CNA/ac

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 11:54

...................................:scared-5:

leesg123
11-10-12, 13:10
How about building the longest stretch from Changi Airport to Tuas checkpoint?

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 13:38
How about building the longest stretch from Changi Airport to Tuas checkpoint?

u guys are amazing !

eng81157
11-10-12, 14:24
having a park connector isn't going to be the deciding factor to transform D15 into the next super-prime estate, as what the thread title suggests

proud owner
11-10-12, 14:46
u guys are amazing !

Bro.
Your box full again

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 15:11
Bro.
Your box full again

i know, i am doing a screen capture of my past pms and after I have done that, I will empty the boxes and u can pm me again :) Thanks for your love letters, I enjoy them but too bad, we are born of the same gender and I am not gay. WOAHAHHEHHEHEHEHEHHEHHEHEHHEHEH

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 15:15
having a park connector isn't going to be the deciding factor to transform D15 into the next super-prime estate, as what the thread title suggests

hehehhehehehehe. dun be too sure, brother.

I am THE ELITE of the elites.
The Master from the Darkside.
I have many names, illuminati, blackjack21, siaolang
The Shadow

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA

eng81157
11-10-12, 15:25

The Shadow

tampines is the 1st bicycle estate - does that make it into D9/10?

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 15:53

tampines is too far from Marina Bay.

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 15:55
read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_Wharf

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 15:58
and this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-09/banks-chasing-asian-millionaires-create-singapore-s-canary-wharf.html

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 15:59
and then stare at this picture without blinking and meditate for 15 mins without blinking and moving:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s297/blackjack21trader/SR2012-fertility.jpg

what did you see ?

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 16:00
I saw Goddess of Fertility, what did u see ?

WOAHAHAHAHHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEH

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 16:16

ok la ok la....i bluff u one la..D15 can never be D9/D10 la......u right la. dun anger la..i here for fun only la.:ashamed1:

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 16:21
brother eng81157, an engineer. dun anger la....i talk cork sing song only la... see my track record here and u will realise I am an idiot la...dun anger la.....i said D15 superprime because i stay here mah...dun anger la...brother ? brother ? cham liao la, brother engineer anger liao la.......:doh:

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 16:25
pi-po-pi-po...sending my brainwave to the faculty of biomedical engineering....pi-po-pi-po.......hello, anybody home? pi-po-pi-po.......brother eng81157, dun anger hor....pi-po-pi-po

leesg123
11-10-12, 16:28

The Shadow

See lah see lah, wanna mindfked everyone again!:banghead:

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 16:30
See lah see lah, wanna mindfked everyone again!:banghead:

paiseh la...paiseh la... can't resist :P

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 16:31
see last time how i kena mindfked :

share share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BXP2mdvT7s

eng81157
11-10-12, 17:00
pi-po-pi-po...sending my brainwave to the faculty of biomedical engineering....pi-po-pi-po.......hello, anybody home? pi-po-pi-po.......brother eng81157, dun anger hor....pi-po-pi-po

huh? why should i be angry?

forum is for debate mah, unless it turns into personal attacks.

blackjack21trader
11-10-12, 17:48
huh? why should i be angry?

forum is for debate mah, unless it turns into personal attacks.

wahhhhhhh brother eng81157, thanks for ur assurance la.....heng arh! tonight i can sleep well liao ....thanks la.

PN
11-10-12, 21:03
dun bluff la... parking warrens so highly educated meh, ,my third eye told me u have at least a basic degree hor if not a masters.

I'VE NEVER DOUBTED YOUR 3RD EYE.

In fact I've a "Degree in DD" & a "Master in TCSS" ;)

blackjack21trader
04-01-13, 20:55
Disclaimers: Fragment of My Imagination

I guess the following possible MRT sites:

1) Old Hotel near Marine Parade junction

2) Old Shopping Center in Mountbatten

3) Old Secondary School in Tanjong Katong

What says you ?

leesg123
04-01-13, 21:10

What says you ?
1. Yup, opp D'ecosia

fiat500
04-01-13, 21:45

What says you ?
Old republic cinema...

ekl2ekl2
04-01-13, 22:13
Will there be one at Katong Park?

blackjack21trader
05-01-13, 08:47
Will there be one at Katong Park?

oh yes...possible also, but no annoucement yet so it is anybody's guess:)

blackjack21trader
05-01-13, 08:48
Old republic cinema...

this location is the same as brother lee123sg and my Old Hotel location mentioned lor.

blackjack21trader
05-01-13, 08:50

What says you ?

4) Old Katong Park- This reminded me of what one brother ( I think is dtrax if I remember correctly ) here said about engineering the tunnel and connecting to East Coast Park. So, very possible also in my humble opinion but I no engineer la.

anymore suggestions?

blackjack21trader
05-01-13, 08:53
4) Old Katong Park- This reminded me of what one brother here said about engineering the tunnel and connecting to East Coast Park. So, very possible also in my humble opinion but I no engineer la.

anymore suggestions?

why I am asking you people to suggest is I want to prove a point: That cyber nerds can be clever analysts also mah.

My intention is not to talk up this place, because I already have a stake here.:)

blackjack21trader
05-01-13, 08:58
4) Old Katong Park- This reminded me of what one brother ( I think is dtrax if I remember correctly ) here said about engineering the tunnel and connecting to East Coast Park. So, very possible also in my humble opinion but I no engineer la.

anymore suggestions?

now i remember, it is brother vratenza la. where is this fellow now, missing in action??? we need engineering expertise like him here !

blackjack21trader
05-01-13, 09:00
this location is the same as brother lee123sg and my Old Hotel location mentioned lor.

Oh yes and this Old Republic location is actually first suggested by brother Laguna ( or sister Laguna = Mrs Yap as some forumers suggested ).

blackjack21trader
05-01-13, 09:03
CondoSingapore property investors need all the experts we can get:

1) Field of Engineering
2) Field of Accounting
3) Lawyers
4) Property Agents
5) Coffee Aunties in Developer's Office
6) Taxi Drivers- who can spy all the soil testing for us la.

please join us.

Admin: Pray, expand storage liao bo ? can kindly take in more members like another 1000 would be nice?

Petersim
05-01-13, 10:42

anymore suggestions?

Hi BJT21,

There is a good coverage at the Skycrapercity forum , on the prediction of the eastern rail line stations by forummer Y2koh :

Aug 19, 2012 by Y2Koh
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1277217&page=16

The prediction is based on the SI works spotted around the region. The marine parade station is earmarked for the big carpark near the parkway parade shopping complex.

Cheers!

blackjack21trader
05-01-13, 11:10
Hi BJT21,

There is a good coverage at the Skycrapercity forum , on the prediction of the eastern rail line stations by forummer Y2koh :

Aug 19, 2012 by Y2Koh
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1277217&page=16

The prediction is based on the SI works spotted around the region. The marine parade station is earmarked for the big carpark near the parkway parade shopping complex.

Cheers!

WOW ! Thanks brother Petersim, that is some great information. Very appreciate your generous sharing ! :)

ecimbew
05-01-13, 11:50
Prediction by popular forumer Y2koh

http://i50.tinypic.com/9rruib.jpg

Jonathan0503
05-01-13, 20:38

What says you ?

1) where is it?

2) Katong shopping centre?

3) Old Tanjong katong sec/Tanjong katong girls school?

leesg123
05-01-13, 20:53
oh yes...possible also, but no annoucement yet so it is anybody's guess:)
No need to guess bj, tons of people aware of exact locations. People from lta, the cpntractors, the workers etc.

ekl2ekl2
05-01-13, 21:09
No need to guess bj, tons of people aware of exact locations. People from lta, the cpntractors, the workers etc.

anyone in this forum who are among these tons of people who probably can guess correctly can shed more light?

pod
07-01-13, 12:08
Jus humtum 1 unit beside parkway parade and u wun go wrong la.. lol:D

Cupcakes
11-01-13, 15:29
how about aura 83?

fiat500
11-01-13, 21:51
how about aura 83?
Aura 83 location neither here nor there as there won't be any amenities around there unlike cote d azure, esta, silversea or seaview..

pod
14-01-13, 10:34
how about aura 83?

buy towards the pp side if u can. 'cross' east coast road side, these ppty likely to hold well long term. :D

blackjack21trader
05-02-13, 16:34

Last year KA NI KONG, NI MAI TIA, ( Hokkien Translation : Last year told you, you dun wanna listen ! ) Now you believe I got THIRD EYE liao bo???:doh:

may2012
19-02-13, 14:34
saw SI behind VS leh......so not at siglap hdb afterall?

dingding
24-02-13, 16:09
omg, i tot it was at $1m

only some blocks with 1km of tns

vratenza
01-04-13, 11:12
How will the recent land use plan released affect the ppty prices in D15?

Seem like the East Coast Park we all know will be gone by 2030.....

The coast line will be moved further out a second time...:doh:

blackjack21trader
20-08-13, 14:06
good brother DKSG is right, D15 will be the next Orchard. The reason is simple. This district is overwhelmed by PRC wealthy families. Do not believe me just go I12 or Parkway and see for yourself. Mind you, these are the affluent families- I know because I can tell from the way their accent is different.

Last time, Orchard became very pricey because of Indonesian, but allow me to humbly say they are the past era liao. The new rich here is the PRCs. And I tell you, they pay S$2million on a small studio without blinking an eye using COLD HARD CASH.

I know because I have sold quite a few units to them. This kind is found in D15 now and they even paste notices on the lamp posts screaming to buy for a property above market price in D15. I have photos of these papers pasted on trees and lamp posts. When I am free, I will share with you here.

The reason I ask them why they like D15. They say is because of the East Coast Parkway, and if allowed, they WILL BUY UP THE WHOLE OF THE LANDED ENCLAVE IN GOODMAN ROAD !!!!!!!!

One of these messages pasted on a tree in D15 read like this:

"救命啊,把你的屋子卖给我吧!电话XXXXXXXX“

(Translated: HELP SAVE MY LIFE! SELL YOUR HOUSE TO ME PLEASE CALL:xxxxxxxxx"

Can you imagine how they are going to enter D15 in a BIG BIG MASSIVE WAY ?

Dun believe just walk around D15 and look at the tree trunks here.

WAHLAUEH !:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

blackjack21trader
20-08-13, 14:07
Now I say already har, next time dun come back here and say I never share hor ! or be sour grapes and say I siao lang :simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

wirehtc
20-08-13, 14:09
I believe you will have good karma because you have sold a few D15 units at S$2 mil each to the PRCs to save their life.

blackjack21trader
20-08-13, 14:11
I believe you will have good karma because you have sold a few D15 units at S$2 mil each to the PRCs to save their life.

They are worth every single penny I should say. German branded furnishing hor!

;)

wirehtc
20-08-13, 14:19
They are worth every single penny I should say. German branded furnishing hor!

;)

Indonesians bought large units at Orchard. Chinese bought tiny studios at East Coast? :rolleyes:

blackjack21trader
20-08-13, 14:22
Indonesians bought large units at Orchard. Chinese bought tiny studios at East Coast? :rolleyes:

True, but in Orchard, no one to past the baton onwards. Here in D15, many waiting in long que WOAHAHEHEHEHEHEH

blackjack21trader
20-08-13, 14:28
True, but in Orchard, no one to past the baton onwards. Here in D15, many waiting in long que WOAHAHEHEHEHEHEH

You wanna wait 5 years for a buyer to come along for a $5million unit in Orchard or just 1 years for a buyer to come along for a $1million unit in D15?

blackjack21trader
20-08-13, 14:29
You wanna wait 5 years for a buyer to come along for a $5million unit in Orchard or just 1 years for a buyer to come along for a $1million unit in D15?

The key here is ELASTIC DEMAND.

WOAHAAHAHAHHAH---- FUNNY !

blackjack21trader
20-08-13, 14:31
The issue here is the developers target wrongly liao.

They built too many small units in Orchard in an attempt to capture the market there.

As a result, the demand became INELASTIC in Orchard. That is why you see reports on why CCR is NOT MOVING.

blackjack21trader
20-08-13, 14:35
The issue here is the developers target wrongly liao.

They built too many small units in Orchard in an attempt to capture the market there.

As a result, the demand became INELASTIC in Orchard. That is why you see reports on why CCR is NOT MOVING.

The strategy they should take is TO STUDY THE NATURE AND COMPOSITION OF THE BUYERS AND THE DEMAND, and then BUILD their projects around this.

Key strategy is TURNOVER. ANd how fast they can move the units.

And not to be greedy to try to capture the market via lowering the quantum and supply.

Developers were too greedy. Now that the price quantum in Orchard already surpassed the S$2million mark, how fast do you think the turnover can be ? SO MANY RICH MILLIONAIRES with S$5million cash around meh ???

blackjack21trader
20-08-13, 14:37
The strategy they should take is TO STUDY THE NATURE AND COMPOSITION OF THE BUYERS AND THE DEMAND, and then BUILD their projects around this.

Key strategy is TURNOVER. ANd how fast they can move the units.

And not to be greedy to try to capture the market via lowering the quantum and supply.

Developers were too greedy. Now that the price quantum in Orchard already surpassed the S$2million mark, how fast do you think the turnover can be ? SO MANY RICH MILLIONAIRES with S$5million cash around meh ???

WAIT LONG LONG TAN KU KU ARH......WOAHAAHHHEHHEHEHEHHE---FUNNY !

wirehtc
20-08-13, 14:47
Why din you advise your developer partners accordingly with your 3rd eye?

mermaid
20-08-13, 16:20
Why din you advise your developer partners accordingly with your 3rd eye?

cos he is the super rich Chinese prc la :D

clemdale24
20-08-13, 16:57
WAIT LONG LONG TAN KU KU ARH......WOAHAAHHHEHHEHEHEHHE---FUNNY !

where do u live now blackjack? which part of D15? we could be neighbours! hahahhaa.. then we can exchange tips :)

lionhill
20-08-13, 17:41
Master BJ, I am afraid someday you will tell us you have unloaded all the units in D15 and direct us back to Roberton 100

blackjack21trader
20-08-13, 18:43
Master BJ, I am afraid someday you will tell us you have unloaded all the units in D15 and direct us back to Roberton 100

You are very smart. But smart do not need to be a bean spiller :doh:

thomaspaine
21-08-13, 00:28
good brother DKSG is right, D15 will be the next Orchard. The reason is simple. This district is overwhelmed by PRC wealthy families. Do not believe me just go I12 or Parkway and see for yourself. Mind you, these are the affluent families- I know because I can tell from the way their accent is different.

Last time, Orchard became very pricey because of Indonesian, but allow me to humbly say they are the past era liao. The new rich here is the PRCs. And I tell you, they pay S$2million on a small studio without blinking an eye using COLD HARD CASH.

I know because I have sold quite a few units to them. This kind is found in D15 now and they even paste notices on the lamp posts screaming to buy for a property above market price in D15. I have photos of these papers pasted on trees and lamp posts. When I am free, I will share with you here.

The reason I ask them why they like D15. They say is because of the East Coast Parkway, and if allowed, they WILL BUY UP THE WHOLE OF THE LANDED ENCLAVE IN GOODMAN ROAD !!!!!!!!

One of these messages pasted on a tree in D15 read like this:

"救命啊,把你的屋子卖给我吧!电话XXXXXXXX“

(Translated: HELP SAVE MY LIFE! SELL YOUR HOUSE TO ME PLEASE CALL:xxxxxxxxx"

Can you imagine how they are going to enter D15 in a BIG BIG MASSIVE WAY ?

Dun believe just walk around D15 and look at the tree trunks here.

WAHLAUEH !:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Hi
If what you say is true, then the PRCs will have to compete with the Indians as we know the rich Indians love the Meyer road enclave.

blackjack21trader
21-08-13, 00:48
Hi
If what you say is true, then the PRCs will have to compete with the Indians as we know the rich Indians love the Meyer road enclave.

That is the very same reason why I think D15 will be the NEXT SUPERPRIME.

IN NEWTON OR ORCHARD, you see only one indonesian rich. In D15, you gets everyone rich from all over the whole planet.

mcmlxxvi
21-08-13, 08:08

黑疯俠没错。(bjtrader not wrong)

风水轮流转 (wind water wheel flow turn), there is a time for D9, and then there is a time for D15. Which is 现在 (appear here).

lionhill
21-08-13, 11:25
黑疯俠没错。(bjtrader not wrong)

风水轮流转 (wind water wheel flow turn), there is a time for D9, and then there is a time for D15. Which is 现在 (appear here).
haha, let me share you a true story....

Two kids from a rich family wanted to pick some fresh mushrooms, but they did know where they could find them. Therefore, they decided to follow a neighbor boy. The neighbor boy kindly took them to the field. The neighbor boy walked a few steps ahead of them. Everytime there were mushrooms, the neighbor bou quickly picked all, leaving nothing to the rich kids. Finally, one of the rich kid realized the problem: it is always too late to follow.

luzman
21-08-13, 11:53
That is the very same reason why I think D15 will be the NEXT SUPERPRIME.

IN NEWTON OR ORCHARD, you see only one indonesian rich. In D15, you gets everyone rich from all over the whole planet.
ha ha ha...this is a good joke...

blackjack21trader
21-08-13, 13:20
ha ha ha...this is a good joke...

no problem, people also laughs at me when in:

1) 2009 I advised them to go from Core Central Region ( D9-River Valley )-> Out of Central Region. ( D5-West Coast )

2) 2011: I advised them to go from OCR (D5- West Coast )->CCR (D9 -Singapore River in particular)

3) Now (2013) : From CCR-> RCR ( District 15, Marine Parade proximity in particular )

In 2018 ( Because now got SSD 5 years ), you will not laugh BUT CRY when u miss my boaty again.

WOAAHHAHHHEHEHEHEH

blackjack21trader
21-08-13, 13:23
no problem, people also laughs at me when in:

1) 2009 I advised them to go from Core Central Region ( D9-River Valley )-> Out of Central Region. ( D5-West Coast )

2) 2011: I advised them to go from OCR (D5- West Coast )->CCR (D9 -Singapore River in particular)

3) Now (2013) : From CCR-> RCR ( District 15, Marine Parade proximity in particular )

In 2018 ( Because now got SSD 5 years ), you will not laugh BUT CRY when u miss my boaty again.

WOAAHHAHHHEHEHEHEH

DUN BE TOO IRON TEETH ( STUBBORN), YOU WILL CRY WHEN YOU SEE MY THIRD EYE MATERIALISED MY PREDICTION.:mad:

blackjack21trader
21-08-13, 13:28
Think I talk cork sing song isit ?

Let me reveal a little:

2009: District 5: Jurong Lake Story ( 1 year before story revealed)

2011: District 9 : SIngapore River One & Marina Bay Story ( 1 year before story revealed )

2013: DIstrict 15 ( 1 year before story revealed ): THIS I SHALL NOT TELL YOU...WHAT FOR ? YOU SO ARROGANT SO WHY SHOULD I SHARE. BE HUMBLE AND MAYBE I WILL CONSIDER TO SHARE

2018: (actually should be in 2015 BUT because of the property measures, I have to push back the timeline ) THE GREAT STORY: AGAIN I WILL NOT SHARE BECAUSE MANY HAOLIAN PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM THOUGHT THEY KNOW EVERYTHING...BE HUMBLE !

2020 ( ASSUMING ABSD & SSD ALREADY REMOVED): THE MOTHER OF ALL STORIES. ONLY THIS LOCATION WILL BE THE ULTIMATE SUPERPRIME ! AGAIN I WILL NOT SHARE :(

blackjack21trader
21-08-13, 13:38
Think I talk cork sing song isit ?

Let me reveal a little:

2009: District 5: Jurong Lake Story ( 1 year before story revealed)

2011: District 9 : SIngapore River One & Marina Bay Story ( 1 year before story revealed )

2013: DIstrict 15 ( 1 year before story revealed ): THIS I SHALL NOT TELL YOU...WHAT FOR ? YOU SO ARROGANT SO WHY SHOULD I SHARE. BE HUMBLE AND MAYBE I WILL CONSIDER TO SHARE

2018: (actually should be in 2015 BUT because of the property measures, I have to push back the timeline ) THE GREAT STORY: AGAIN I WILL NOT SHARE BECAUSE MANY HAOLIAN PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM THOUGHT THEY KNOW EVERYTHING...BE HUMBLE !

2020 ( ASSUMING ABSD & SSD ALREADY REMOVED): THE MOTHER OF ALL STORIES. ONLY THIS LOCATION WILL BE THE ULTIMATE SUPERPRIME ! AGAIN I WILL NOT SHARE :(

Just by looking at a person live on TV, I can read his thoughts. The ND Rally live telecast is a great opportunity for me to read every single person's minds in the audience ! I know all the stories, but shall not SHARE !

hopeful
21-08-13, 14:43

Two kids from a rich family wanted to pick some fresh mushrooms, but they did know where they could find them. Therefore, they decided to follow a neighbor boy. The neighbor boy kindly took them to the field. The neighbor boy walked a few steps ahead of them. Everytime there were mushrooms, the neighbor bou quickly picked all, leaving nothing to the rich kids. Finally, one of the rich kid realized the problem: it is always too late to follow.

errr...i assume you are saying the 2 kids are rich and the neighbor boy is poor.
how come the neighbour boy (which is assumably poor) can be neighbor with the rich?
also rich doesnt mean smart, the 2 kids should gang up and steal the the mushrooms from the neighbor boy
the rich should use money to ask people to do manual labor, that is the moral of the story.

tradert
21-08-13, 21:53
I expect the ERL (Eastern Region Line) to be announced in the next 12 months. Ready around 2020. What else will benefit D15 ppty?

k00L
22-08-13, 00:04

This neighbour boy is like Mr Icahn, except that he picks up apple instead of mushroom, and tells everyone that apple is very juicy.
A bit of charisma, wit and enigma does the trick here

lionhill
22-08-13, 08:48
errr...i assume you are saying the 2 kids are rich and the neighbor boy is poor.
how come the neighbour boy (which is assumably poor) can be neighbor with the rich?
also rich doesnt mean smart, the 2 kids should gang up and steal the the mushrooms from the neighbor boy
the rich should use money to ask people to do manual labor, that is the moral of the story.
first, being rich or poor is relative. Yes, the neighbor boy was poorer while the rich ones were from the so called 地主family.

secondly, the rich kids also liked to enjoy the fruits from their own manual labor in stead of buying everything. The latter is no fun for a kid, right?

ganging up and stealing? it might not occur to them. The moral is: even the infamous 地主 in the old days are more kind than modern people, haha...

yowetan
22-08-13, 12:30
Hi...what will happen to my Mt Sinai?

clemdale24
22-08-13, 12:50
Hi...what will happen to my Mt Sinai?

your mt sinai will just stay as mt sinai. this thread is about D15. thanks.

anyway, mt sinai aside, i am really looking forward to ERL annoucement.

pod
22-08-13, 13:48
.... I cannot imagine wat will happen to D15 pptys once the ERL is announced...

Going to boomZ boomZ chi ba boooooooorrrR :doh:

:cheers4:

mermaid
22-08-13, 13:58

hard to say, esp those condos on tg rhu. their quantum r very big, will hv a limit as to how much they can upsize. even with a tg rhu mrt stn stop, it is at least still a 15 mins walk from pebble bay etc.

blackjack21trader
23-08-13, 13:12

That is correct. It is called Charlie's Boom Town.

I observed that since the old days, whenever the D15 prices creep up, it is used by the market as a gauge for the overall market sentiments.

From 1970-1980s, the prices in D15 were creeping up and supposedly, it was labelled by the older generations as the enclave for the rich. Then from 1980-1990, the Indonesian started buying Orchard and no longer was D15 known for that.

But recently, I observed quite a number of my D15 neighbors in my neighborhood are Indonesian hence confirming that D15 will cheong like in 1980s.

Very difficult to tell them apart from the locals except when you took a peep at their names in MCST.

tradert
23-08-13, 15:25

I observed that since the old days, whenever the D15 prices creep up, it is used by the market as a gauge for the overall market sentiments.

Which part of D15 do you prefer -- Tg Katong, Still Road or Tg Rhu?

I noticed the Tg Rhu thread has been quite inactive recently, prices there seem to be a bit stagnant too.

pod
23-08-13, 16:01
Which part of D15 do you prefer -- Tg Katong, Still Road or Tg Rhu?

I noticed the Tg Rhu thread has been quite inactive recently, prices there seem to be a bit stagnant too.

I duno about others.. for me..

I will put my radar on Parkway parade - 2km radius.. thats just me :D

Simply East
23-08-13, 16:14

I will go for Amber Road/ Amber Gardens.....

tkc2263
23-08-13, 16:39

For me, I would opt for the "potential en bloc belt" stretching from Neptune Court, Mandarin Gardens, Laguna Park, Lagoon View up to Bayshore Park.

Also not forgetting small pockets of developments like Siglap Court, Finland Gardens and United Mansions amongst others.

There should be a couple of ERL stations along this stretch...

My :2cents: worth..

pod
23-08-13, 16:48
For me, I would opt for the "potential en bloc belt" stretching from Neptune Court, Mandarin Gardens, Laguna Park, Lagoon View up to Bayshore Park.

Also not forgetting small pockets of developments like Siglap Court, Finland Gardens and United Mansions amongst others.

Thats also within my 2km vision stretch as well. Good view there :cheers5:

clemdale24
23-08-13, 17:15

I think some of these projects have been put up for enbloc a few times but failed. any reason why this area appeals to u? i should think that the meyer/ amber area is more prestigious and atas.

As for potential ERL stations, i think its been predicted by some to have a station at marine terrace, then near the current Victoria school, and then the next at Bayshore. so yes, these projects will benefit for sure.

clemdale24
23-08-13, 17:17
I will go for Amber Road/ Amber Gardens.....

Just curious, why Amber road (or Amber gardens) in particular? any specific advantages about this area (project) appeals to u?

Shawn
23-08-13, 23:49
Just curious, why Amber road (or Amber gardens) in particular? any specific advantages about this area (project) appeals to u?

Amber/Meyer Road are the only stretch of freehold land facing the sea in Singapore. The rest are all 99 years leasehold land. So condos in this stretch enjoy the freehold status in land scarce Singapore, coupled with the fact that they are also located in prime strategic location and with the best seaview in the whole of Singapore.

With the completion of the ERL mrt line in 2020, Amber/Meyer will be the next prime district in Singapore after D9,10 and Marina Bay area.

Ringo33
24-08-13, 00:10
Amber/Meyer Road are the only stretch of freehold land facing the sea in Singapore. The rest are all 99 years leasehold land. So condos in this stretch enjoy the freehold status in land scarce Singapore, coupled with the fact that they are also located in prime strategic location and with the best seaview in the whole of Singapore.

With the completion of the ERL mrt line in 2020, Amber/Meyer will be the next prime district in Singapore after D9,10 and Marina Bay area.
Sea view is that area is not FH, government will starts to reclaim East Coast after they are done with Tuas.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8830/eastcoastreclaim.jpg

Ringo33
24-08-13, 00:23
And btw, TSL which is about to start construction is targeted to complete in 2021/2 for ERL will be 2025 I think.

Its a long wait, but that time, most condo around that area will be >10 years old, and then come the reclamation of the coastal area.

Shawn
24-08-13, 01:25
To wait for the reclaimed land it will take 50 years from now. It will 20 years from now for the reclamation to start if there ever will and another 30 years for any construction to start at that reclaimed land.

Cause reclaimed land is too soft for any major construction works..just look at Fort Road reclaimed area until now its just a barren lot since 1980s. So it would be silly to think of the reclaimed land issue as a weakness at all.

In fact, the government is planning to shift the port and shipping area from Tanjong Pagar to West Coast area in the next immediate 15 years from now when the license for PSA expired soon at that site. It plans to vacate the cargo ships from parking at the east coast area and its plan to clean up East Coast and Tanjong Pagar area. Thats a big plus to the real estate in Tanjong Pagar and East Coast.

As for the reclaimed land issue saga, its just a probability and even if it happens, it will be long way from now. By then you and I are probably dead. Hahaha

My bet it wont happen. The government has made big plans for the East Coast area with new roads, new recreation areas like Parkland, and even plan to refurbish the chalets and the entertainment establishments. It will be impossible to unwind its plans here and to damage the east coast with reclaim projects which will hurt businesses around these new projects.

Shawn
24-08-13, 02:01
Read the article below for clarification

Tuas/West Coast will be the next port of Singapore with all cargo ships berthing at that area. This will free up Tanjong Pagar and clear East Coast beach from cargo ships parking and polluting the waters there. East Coast area will be back to a clean beach soon come 2027.

Meanwhile Tanjong Pagar area will be revamped into a prime commercial and residential district and the waters cleaned up.

So its extremely unlikely the government will pollute that area with more reclaimation.

Shawn
24-08-13, 02:07
The article url is

http://www.dutchcham.sg/all-container-port-activities-to-be-consolidated-at-tuas-in-future

Shawn
24-08-13, 02:36
Sea view is that area is not FH, government will starts to reclaim East Coast after they are done with Tuas.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8830/eastcoastreclaim.jpg

Thats an interesting map that u showing. Its an outdated 1966 map of Singapore before the coming up of Marine Parade area which is marked by the dotted area. That area was reclaimed and called Marine Parade. And in 2006, Goh Chok Tong asserted that there wont be anymore plans for new estate at reclaimed land after Marine Parade in Singapore. This is because the cost of reclamation at that time in the 1960s touches $606 million which was a substantial amount.

blackjack21trader
24-08-13, 06:34
SIGH.....why brother Shawn also let the cat out.......let the idiots here gong gong go around the merry-go-round ma since they all so haolian.:doh:

Ringo33
24-08-13, 08:13
To wait for the reclaimed land it will take 50 years from now. It will 20 years from now for the reclamation to start if there ever will and another 30 years for any construction to start at that reclaimed land.

Cause reclaimed land is too soft for any major construction works..just look at Fort Road reclaimed area until now its just a barren lot since 1980s. So it would be silly to think of the reclaimed land issue as a weakness at all.

In fact, the government is planning to shift the port and shipping area from Tanjong Pagar to West Coast area in the next immediate 15 years from now when the license for PSA expired soon at that site. It plans to vacate the cargo ships from parking at the east coast area and its plan to clean up East Coast and Tanjong Pagar area. Thats a big plus to the real estate in Tanjong Pagar and East Coast.

As for the reclaimed land issue saga, its just a probability and even if it happens, it will be long way from now. By then you and I are probably dead. Hahaha

My bet it wont happen. The government has made big plans for the East Coast area with new roads, new recreation areas like Parkland, and even plan to refurbish the chalets and the entertainment establishments. It will be impossible to unwind its plans here and to damage the east coast with reclaim projects which will hurt businesses around these new projects.

I am not sure where you got those time line from. AFAIK, in the land use plan 2013, it was mentioned that reclamation along east coast could commence by 2030. How long it takes to complete reclaim those land doesnt really matter. As soon as reclamation starts, it will be hard to find buyers willing to pay for temporary FH seavew estate because in 20 years time, Amber Meyer Road will become like what Old East Coast Road we are seeing today. "Historical" sea front real estate.

At the moment, the priority for government is to reclaim Tuas and Tekong area, once Tuas is completed, they will have to shift their operations towards East Coast because government will continue to reclaim while land supply are still available.

When that is completed, the existing beach along East Coast will be shrink into a lagoon.

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2013-01-31/hme_our_land_use_plan_org.jpg

Ringo33
24-08-13, 08:19
Thats an interesting map that u showing. Its an outdated 1966 map of Singapore before the coming up of Marine Parade area which is marked by the dotted area. That area was reclaimed and called Marine Parade. And in 2006, Goh Chok Tong asserted that there wont be anymore plans for new estate at reclaimed land after Marine Parade in Singapore. This is because the cost of reclamation at that time in the 1960s touches $606 million which was a substantial amount.

Its not outdated, its the land use plan 2013.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6717/5e1a.jpg

lky123
24-08-13, 08:22
When that happens, one FH gem remaining will be Ocean Park which will keep its seaview overlooking VJC.

Tmi
24-08-13, 08:29
The land reclaimation map plan for east coast has been around for more than 10 years and its definitely not something new. Currently there is ZERO land reclaimation activity taking place at east coast, and there would be none in the near future. I can't reveal too much here but you can mark my words for this

Ringo33
24-08-13, 08:41
The land reclaimation map plan for east coast has been around for more than 10 years and its definitely not something new. Currently there is ZERO land reclaimation activity taking place at east coast, and there would be none in the near future. I can't reveal too much here but you can mark my words for this

When tuas reclamation is completed they will shift their focus to east coast

Tmi
24-08-13, 08:48
When tuas reclamation is completed they will shift their focus to east coast

Yes you are half right, the focus would be on east coast but not on land reclaimation. Lets keep our fingers crossed for the big news as what some of the forummers here have already hinted =)

Ringo33
24-08-13, 09:25
Yes you are half right, the focus would be on east coast but not on land reclaimation. Lets keep our fingers crossed for the big news as what some of the forummers here have already hinted =)

East Coast Park will be transformed as they need to prepare for life without coast line when reclamation starts. perhaps in future it will be rename as Old East Coast Park.

Tmi
24-08-13, 12:06
Lol.. as Shawn said.. by the time land reclamation takes effect probably both you and me are already dead... okie nuff said... Have a great weekend!

Allthepies
24-08-13, 12:37
East Coast is the best, please quickly spend all your money there... hee hee hee...

Shawn
25-08-13, 23:55
Hi Ringo33, the map that you show here is an outdated map of Singapore. That map shows the dotted line in east coast which is actually the Marine Parade Road estate before it was reclaimed in 1960s. Just go and see the current map of Singapore and compare that with the map that you showing here on this forum. I am a geography expert and I know the coastline of Singapore doesnt look like that presently. Go to Singapore streetdirectory.com to get the most detailed map of current Singapore.

There wont be anymore reclamation for Singapore as its a very expensive exercise in addition to the pollution that it has caused to the sea and the environment. And the fact that the government is spending billions of dollars on upgrading the east coast park precinct, your justification for reclamation of east coast simply doesnt make sense at all.

Goh Chok Tong has mentioned in 2006 that there wont be anymore major reclamation work to create a new estate, with the last being Marine Parade Estate in the 1960s. See url at http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_1699_2010-08-06.html

Shawn
26-08-13, 00:34
Btw Ringo the 2 dotted lines on the sea of Singapore in your map have already been reclaimed long ago and they include:

(a) Marine Parade Estate - the big piece at the east coast
(b) Marina East and South - the smaller piece on the left of east coast or near the south of Singapore

Ongoing reclamation is still being done for the Tuas/West Coast Area so that once this is completed soon, in 2027, the port of Singapore will shift 100% to the West Coast leaving the East Coast and the Tanjong Pagar area free from the pollution of the cargo ships that park there before moving to their next destination.

thomaspaine
26-08-13, 21:15

From 1970-1980s, the prices in D15 were creeping up and supposedly, it was labelled by the older generations as the enclave for the rich. Then from 1980-1990, the Indonesian started buying Orchard and no longer was D15 known for that.

But recently, I observed quite a number of my D15 neighbors in my neighborhood are Indonesian hence confirming that D15 will cheong like in 1980s.

Very difficult to tell them apart from the locals except when you took a peep at their names in MCST.

Bro BJ21

If what you anticipate is true, then the landed at Mountbatten will be more than landed in Bukit Timah ?

hopeful
26-08-13, 21:34
Btw Ringo the 2 dotted lines on the sea of Singapore in your map have already been reclaimed long ago and they include:

(b) Marina East and South - the smaller piece on the left of east coast or near the south of Singapore
i am not a geography expert, i checked with google earth, doesnt seems like the 2 dotted areas have been reclaimed. unless google earth is also outdated

Shawn
28-08-13, 13:49
i am not a geography expert, i checked with google earth, doesnt seems like the 2 dotted areas have been reclaimed. unless google earth is also outdated

Well then u need to open your geography book to see the latest map. There are no gulf or bay land in Singapore east coast. All have been reclaimed. I am living in the east coast for 20 years so I know the sea lines of the east coast area.

To confirm go to your mobile phone and go to MAP (NAVIGATION) if you have the latest android/iphone. There are no gulf/bay at the east coast as in Ringo33 map which probably has not been updated for years. Or probably that map given by Ringo33 was the original map of Singapore before any reclamation ever takes place.

The fact that cost of sand is so expensive and Singapore is facing shortage of sand/building materials make it almost impossible that there will be any more new reclamation after TUAS. The reclaimed land at Marina East/Marina South are still yet to be utilised after 30 years.

hopeful
28-08-13, 14:08
To confirm go to your mobile phone and go to MAP (NAVIGATION) if you have the latest android/iphone. There are no gulf/bay at the east coast as in Ringo33 map which probably has not been updated for years. Or probably that map given by Ringo33 was the original map of Singapore before any reclamation ever takes place.

are you talking about the 2 reserve lands next to the dotted area? i think map maker also salah in including the 2 reserve lands as already been reclaimed. that's where the confusion arise.

Ringo33
28-08-13, 14:25

Ongoing reclamation is still being done for the Tuas/West Coast Area so that once this is completed soon, in 2027, the port of Singapore will shift 100% to the West Coast leaving the East Coast and the Tanjong Pagar area free from the pollution of the cargo ships that park there before moving to their next destination.

Your map reading skills are super lousy.

The 2 plot of land marked as reserves site along east coast has not been reclaim yet. You can see that from the alignment of the Marina Coastal Expressway and ECP in black color.

Shawn
28-08-13, 14:31
Your map reading skills are super lousy.

The 2 plot of land marked as reserves site along east coast has not been reclaim yet. You can see that from the alignment of the Marina Coastal Expressway and ECP in black color.

Then the map is super salah cause its totally wrong even if we consider before or after reclamation. As far as I can see, its impossible to do reclaim on already reclaimed land, and the fact that the existing reclaim land at Marina East and Marina South are not even utilised yet after 30 years.

So the talk about reclaiming new lands carry no substance at all. There are hundreds of reasons why reclamation wont happen.

Ringo33
28-08-13, 14:56
Then the map is super salah cause its totally wrong even if we consider before or after reclamation. As far as I can see, its impossible to do reclaim on already reclaimed land, and the fact that the existing reclaim land at Marina East and Marina South are not even utilised yet after 30 years.

So the talk about reclaiming new lands carry no substance at all. There are hundreds of reasons why reclamation wont happen.
The map is not super salah, its your interpretation of the map that is salah. The map is taken from MND land use planning 2013, how can it be salah?

Like I said those reserves sites right next to the dotted island are land which government will reclaim in the future.

Singapore appetite for land reclamation will not stop.

Here is a documentary on what future Singapore island will be like in future. you can start watching from 5.20

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/itfigures/build-your-own-bidadari/647648.html

I have no clue what you talking when you say reclaim on reclaim land. Reclamation are building new land out into the sea not on top of land.

hopeful
28-08-13, 14:58
Hi Ringo33, the map that you show here is an outdated map of Singapore. That map shows the dotted line in east coast which is actually the Marine Parade Road estate before it was reclaimed in 1960s. Just go and see the current map of Singapore and compare that with the map that you showing here on this forum. I am a geography expert and I know the coastline of Singapore doesnt look like that presently. Go to Singapore streetdirectory.com to get the most detailed map of current Singapore.

what is wrong with the education system?

if economic experts same high standard as a geography expert here, i really cannot imagine the results :eek:

Shawn
10-09-13, 19:35
The map is not super salah, its your interpretation of the map that is salah. The map is taken from MND land use planning 2013, how can it be salah?

Like I said those reserves sites right next to the dotted island are land which government will reclaim in the future.

Singapore appetite for land reclamation will not stop.

Here is a documentary on what future Singapore island will be like in future. you can start watching from 5.20

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/itfigures/build-your-own-bidadari/647648.html

I have no clue what you talking when you say reclaim on reclaim land. Reclamation are building new land out into the sea not on top of land.

U can wait la for east coast to be reclaimed lol. While the government is spending millions upgrading the east coast park and even building new places like Parkland and refurbish old eating places near east coast. Maybe if these people who invest in these new set up wont get pissed by the reclamation plan, I dont see anyone else will. And in the meantime, they can also reclaim the straits of Johor and make Singapore part of Malaysia, why not huh? Your logic is totally not there at all. There are still ample lands at the reclaimed site Marina East and Marina South which for 30 years still have not been fully utilised. And now you are talking about reclaiming new sites ??? Where is the logic? The government reclaim Tuas for a reason, that is to relocate the PSA and the Singapore harbour from Tanjong Pagar to Tuas 100%, so as to free the land for commercial and residential development. We are going to have more empty land now in the city with the addition of Tanjong Pagar shipping area. In addition, Singapore plans to clear east coast from the ships and cargo which pollute the park and the sea there. So why the need to reclaim east coast ?? When there are plenty of lands and reclaimed lands which are still not used yet.

Shawn
10-09-13, 19:37

There wont be anymore reclamation for Singapore as its a very expensive exercise in addition to the pollution that it has caused to the sea and the environment. And the fact that the government is spending billions of dollars on upgrading the east coast park precinct, your justification for reclamation of east coast simply doesnt make sense at all.

Goh Chok Tong has mentioned in 2006 that there wont be anymore major reclamation work to create a new estate, with the last being Marine Parade Estate in the 1960s. See url at http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_1699_2010-08-06.html

Goh Chok Tong already mentioned there wont be anymore major reclamation exercise to build a Marine Parade-like estate in the future. If u dont trust GCK, who else can you trust ??

blackjack21trader
11-09-13, 19:11
cheaper to move than to reclaim la.

blackjack21trader
11-09-13, 19:13
All the gong gong TCS artistes move to wrong location la. Those that stay in D15 like Xiang Yun and her handsome husband ( His name I suddenly forget la, paiseh la ) will benefit from my CELESTIAL POWER.

blackjack21trader
11-09-13, 19:50
Watch:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V32OmOAX74Q

Ringo33
11-09-13, 21:39
U can wait la for east coast to be reclaimed lol. While the government is spending millions upgrading the east coast park and even building new places like Parkland and refurbish old eating places near east coast. Maybe if these people who invest in these new set up wont get pissed by the reclamation plan, I dont see anyone else will. And in the meantime, they can also reclaim the straits of Johor and make Singapore part of Malaysia, why not huh? Your logic is totally not there at all. There are still ample lands at the reclaimed site Marina East and Marina South which for 30 years still have not been fully utilised. And now you are talking about reclaiming new sites ??? Where is the logic? The government reclaim Tuas for a reason, that is to relocate the PSA and the Singapore harbour from Tanjong Pagar to Tuas 100%, so as to free the land for commercial and residential development. We are going to have more empty land now in the city with the addition of Tanjong Pagar shipping area. In addition, Singapore plans to clear east coast from the ships and cargo which pollute the park and the sea there. So why the need to reclaim east coast ?? When there are plenty of lands and reclaimed lands which are still not used yet.

you have only 1 chance to convince me that you know what you are talking about and that chance has past. you are not a "geography expert" as you claim to be because you cant even read the basic singapore map of east coast. And that, is a tell tale sign of a salesman talk.

It is also very illogical of a person who claim to know Singapore so well to question about the logic Singapore interest in land reclamation. And all excuses and examples you have given are in fact good examples highlighting the importance of land reclamation and the fruit of government drive in reclamation.

The area of undeveloped land in Singapore has got no bearing of Singapore thirst to expand out our coast line, because Singapore government doesnt only plan for your generation or next generation, they are planning for long term future of this country.

As global resources are limited, Singapore cannot afford to slowdown on land reclamation because the day will come when developing countries like Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia etc will say no to more sand export.

Ringo33
11-09-13, 21:40
Goh Chok Tong already mentioned there wont be anymore major reclamation exercise to build a Marine Parade-like estate in the future. If u dont trust GCK, who else can you trust ??

LKY say 2 is enough.

Shawn
12-09-13, 12:52
cheaper to move than to reclaim la.

I Agree totally. The last time the Singapore government reclaimed Marine Parade area it cost them $600++ million to do so in the 1970s/1980s. Now the cost of sand has multiplied more than 10 times already. It will a big dent to the government's pocket possibly in the region of US$10 billion or more to reclaim a similar land size as Marine Parade.

And the last time they reclaimed Marine Parade, they used much from the soil they got from flattening Bedok and the surrounding which used to be hilly areas. Now where are they going to get all the soil ?? With the development cost going up like a pyramid, someone is still talking about reclamation. Marina East is still barren land after 30 years being reclaimed and the government just built golf course and Marina East Garden cause they dont know what to do with it for now.

You can talk about reclamation once all the lands at Marina East and Marina South have been properly utilised and Tanjong Pagar shipping area re-used again. That will be like 50 years from now. And by then, cost of sand will be like the cost of gold hahaha.

Shawn
12-09-13, 13:07
you have only 1 chance to convince me that you know what you are talking about and that chance has past. you are not a "geography expert" as you claim to be because you cant even read the basic singapore map of east coast. And that, is a tell tale sign of a salesman talk.

It is also very illogical of a person who claim to know Singapore so well to question about the logic Singapore interest in land reclamation. And all excuses and examples you have given are in fact good examples highlighting the importance of land reclamation and the fruit of government drive in reclamation.

The area of undeveloped land in Singapore has got no bearing of Singapore thirst to expand out our coast line, because Singapore government doesnt only plan for your generation or next generation, they are planning for long term future of this country.

As global resources are limited, Singapore cannot afford to slowdown on land reclamation because the day will come when developing countries like Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia etc will say no to more sand export.

Then you should ask the government why they left the Marina East barren land for almost 30 years with only developments being the golf course and the Marina East Garden ?? And Marina South is still very much empty. There arent any residential developments at all in both areas for now after 30 years of reclamation. If they are really thirsty for land, why dont they make full use of the land which they reclaimed 30 years ago ??

In addition, we still have plenty of empty lands in Yishun, Bukit Timah, Ponggol, Woodlands for future residential needs which probably could last us for the next 30-50 years. If the government wants to reclaim any land, there must be a justification for that. The last time they reclaimed Marine Parade, it was an introductory exercise and they learnt that its not worth it cause it cost them US$600++ million in the 1970s/1980s. That time $1 million is like $100 million. The reason for the reclamation was also because they already had a large supply of sand which comes from the flattening of hills/areas near Bedok for the building of new HDBs which was later sold to the public in the 1970s.

Now the cost of soil has gone up more than 10 times. And where are they going to get all that soil ?? In the 1970s, there arent much development near East Coast. Now we have ameneties, private housing/condos etc which make it unlikely that such a major exercise will ever happen again.

Ok this is my last post. I think i must stop talking about this nonsense. Its wasting my time. Ringo can continue to hallucinate about East Coast being reclaimed.

Ringo33
12-09-13, 15:25
Then you should ask the government why they left the Marina East barren land for almost 30 years with only developments being the golf course and the Marina East Garden ?? And Marina South is still very much empty. There arent any residential developments at all in both areas for now after 30 years of reclamation. If they are really thirsty for land, why dont they make full use of the land which they reclaimed 30 years ago ??

In addition, we still have plenty of empty lands in Yishun, Bukit Timah, Ponggol, Woodlands for future residential needs which probably could last us for the next 30-50 years. If the government wants to reclaim any land, there must be a justification for that. The last time they reclaimed Marine Parade, it was an introductory exercise and they learnt that its not worth it cause it cost them US$600++ million in the 1970s/1980s. That time $1 million is like $100 million. The reason for the reclamation was also because they already had a large supply of sand which comes from the flattening of hills/areas near Bedok for the building of new HDBs which was later sold to the public in the 1970s.

Now the cost of soil has gone up more than 10 times. And where are they going to get all that soil ?? In the 1970s, there arent much development near East Coast. Now we have ameneties, private housing/condos etc which make it unlikely that such a major exercise will ever happen again.

Ok this is my last post. I think i must stop talking about this nonsense. Its wasting my time. Ringo can continue to hallucinate about East Coast being reclaimed.

The way you put it is like Singapore has got too much land and we should be happy and contented with what we have because Shawn say so.

If sands today are 10 times more expensive than the past, wont that make more sense to keep buying them NOW because sands is going to be 20 times more expensive in future.

And please dont give illogical excuses like why this and that land are left vacant to justify that Singapore doesnt need more land.

Like I said, Singapore appetite for land will not stop and the only way for Singapore to expand is reclaim southward and East Coast is the area which the government has already highlighted as future reclaim site.

You can continue with all your salesman talk, because only fools will challenge the government land use plan

Cyberknight
12-09-13, 16:02
Hi Shawn, pls read up the govt white population 2030 paper whether east coast will get land reclamation or not.

hopeful
12-09-13, 16:18
interesting talk on land reclamation.

not sure how accurate this article from 2003:
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/EG31Ae01.html

"Riau, 800km northwest of the Indonesian capital Jakarta, is the main source of sand used to support Singapore's construction sector and coastal reclamation projects. Land reclamation costs an estimated S$15 per square meter, though the reclaimed land is then sold at, currently, about S$850 (US$484) per square meter. "

wah. like turning lead to gold. the multiplier is 56x

if currently reclamation cost now S$100psm, now govt selling land at 600psf, (6000psm), multiplier is also 60x.

edit:
http://www.singapore-window.org/sw05/050414re.htm
"For a sense of scale, and cost, take Singapore's Changi Airport. Its 7.7 square miles of reclaimed land required 9.6 billion cubic feet of sand, said a civil engineering professor at a local university. The sand alone would have cost at least S$1.9 billion."

7.7sq miles = 20 million sqm.
so sand cost is about $95 psm. still cheap, when u can sell $700 psf for residential.

side thought:
wohooo, by spending $1billion, we can reclaim 10million sqm @100psm. our land will be worth 10million sqm x 6000psm = $60billion. Our reserves will be increased by another $59 billion.

hopeful
12-09-13, 16:29
my question;
how come we are not reclaiming more and more land? since the returns are so fantastic.

eng81157
12-09-13, 16:35
my question;
how come we are not reclaiming more and more land? since the returns are so fantastic.

when supply outstrips demand, prices drop. you're assuming that demand grows equally

Ringo33
12-09-13, 16:48
my question;

reclamation are going on full steam without many people knowing and thats because this is not something which govern wish to publicize.

Pulau Tekong
http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/circulars_and_notices/pdfs/port_marine_notices/pn13-94.pdf

Pasir Panjang
http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/circulars_and_notices/pdfs/port_marine_notices/pn13-94.pdf

Tuas View
http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/circulars_and_notices/pdfs/port_marine_notices/pn13-54.pdf

Jurong Island
http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/circulars_and_notices/pdfs/port_marine_notices/pn13-77.pdf

Ringo33
12-09-13, 16:50
interesting talk on land reclamation.

not sure how accurate this article from 2003:
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/EG31Ae01.html

"Riau, 800km northwest of the Indonesian capital Jakarta, is the main source of sand used to support Singapore's construction sector and coastal reclamation projects. Land reclamation costs an estimated S$15 per square meter, though the reclaimed land is then sold at, currently, about S$850 (US$484) per square meter. "

wah. like turning lead to gold. the multiplier is 56x

if currently reclamation cost now S$100psm, now govt selling land at 600psf, (6000psm), multiplier is also 60x.

edit:
http://www.singapore-window.org/sw05/050414re.htm
"For a sense of scale, and cost, take Singapore's Changi Airport. Its 7.7 square miles of reclaimed land required 9.6 billion cubic feet of sand, said a civil engineering professor at a local university. The sand alone would have cost at least S$1.9 billion."

7.7sq miles = 20 million sqm.
so sand cost is about $95 psm. still cheap, when u can sell $700 psf for residential.

side thought:
wohooo, by spending $1billion, we can reclaim 10million sqm @100psm. our land will be worth 10million sqm x 6000psm = $60billion. Our reserves will be increased by another $59 billion.

The returns will be more than that because what the government doing is to reclaim land is Tuas and freeing up prime land along southern coast. You dont need to be an expert to know how much a sea facing Singapore land is going to cost.

proud owner
12-09-13, 17:07
joo chiat is D15 ... I really don't see how it can be prime residential ...

prime makan and vices YES

blackjack21trader
12-09-13, 18:56
Many agents will kena. They are keeping the good units to themselves and not listing in propertyguru. Just checked URA, many projects in D15 transacted are not listed in propertyguru. I suspect agents again buying for themselves or relatives.

The stupid banks have once again upped the valuation here.

BE CAREFUL !

Shawn
14-09-13, 12:50
reclamation are going on full steam without many people knowing and thats because this is not something which govern wish to publicize.

Pulau Tekong

Pasir Panjang

Tuas View
http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/circulars_and_notices/pdfs/port_marine_notices/pn13-54.pdf

Jurong Island
http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/circulars_and_notices/pdfs/port_marine_notices/pn13-77.pdf

Yeah and all these sites above are in unpopulated places and are meant for Singapore's future shipping/petrochemical industry. Then what is east coast reclamation for ?? To leave it empty for the next 30 years like what happens to Marina East and Marina South ???

I rest my case. As much as you try to sell the idea that east coast is going to be reclaimed in the near or distant future, it simply doesnt make economic sense when we still have abundant lands on the main island itself. And we still have sparsely populated islands of Ubin which the government has said it wont be building any residential developments there in the near future.

Marina East and Marina South are still barren land....wait until its fully utilised then we can start talking about it.

hopeful
14-09-13, 13:13

I rest my case. As much as you try to sell the idea that east coast is going to be reclaimed in the near or distant future, it simply doesnt make economic sense when we still have abundant lands on the main island itself. And we still have sparsely populated islands of Ubin which the government has said it wont be building any residential developments there in the near future.

Marina East and Marina South are still barren land....wait until its fully utilised then we can start talking about it.

i dont understand the link between having abundant lands on the main island and reclamation.

main island have abundant land, why then still need to reclaim Marina?
when spore population only 3 million, main island also have abundant land, why need to reclaim east coast?

Shawn
14-09-13, 13:30
i dont understand the link between having abundant lands on the main island and reclamation.

main island have abundant land, why then still need to reclaim Marina?
when spore population only 3 million, main island also have abundant land, why need to reclaim east coast?

That time they reclaim east coast to make Marine Parade and Marina East cause they have so much spare sand coming from flattening the hills near Bedok, Tampines etc to give way to HDB blocks there. Now they got to buy all that soil from Indonesia and its not going to be cheap.

In any case, Channel NewsAsia has reported earlier in 2013, that only beyond 2030, they will consider plans to reclaim Marina East, Changi East and Pasir Ris and the surrounding islands. From now till 2030, there wont be any reclamation at East Coast area. And even if 2030 came, that wont be a guaranteed plans..Its all subject to further evaluation and these locations are called as POTENTIAL RECLAMATION LANDS BEYOND 2030.

Nevertheless, you can buy the idea of East Coast being reclaimed if you want to. Nobody going to stop you. Cause even in the plans, East Coast wasnt mentioned specifically it was mentioned as Marina East and that is the far eastern part of east coast. And after 2030 I also not sure if I am still alive or not hahahah.

Ringo33
14-09-13, 13:38
Yeah and all these sites above are in unpopulated places and are meant for Singapore's future shipping/petrochemical industry. Then what is east coast reclamation for ?? To leave it empty for the next 30 years like what happens to Marina East and Marina South ???

Those land reclamation sites which I have highlighted are all about to be completed in the next few years. Once they are done with it, they will shift their focus to Jurong Island and perhaps East Coast.

Singapore reclamation drive is not driven by how much land we have yet to develop, but how much sand we could secure while its still available. So please trying to sale talk us with your illogical explanation.

IIRC, Marine Parade reclamation project from the 60s, took about 30 over years to complete, and that was based on using older technology. Hence I am not even sure why you are suggesting that we should wait till we run out of land before we consider reclamation. I am also surprise that a geography expert like yourself doesnt know that when land are reclaimed they will need to leave is empty for a few years for it to settle in before building could start.

please dont let yourself get carried away by your own saleman talk.