PDA

View Full Version : Zero value land tour

irisng
28-08-12, 22:20
Deal.com is offering zero value for Shanghai tour (5D4N) but exclude airtickets, tips and visa (if any). Have anybody ever tried such a deal?

focus
29-08-12, 20:54
Deal.com is offering zero value for Shanghai tour (5D4N) but exclude airtickets, tips and visa (if any). Have anybody ever tried such a deal?

If it's operating like those cheap tours from people park, it wil most likely be sending you to tourist attraction but in between, they will send you to the commission based area.

I generally avoid this type of tour as it is irritating.

buttercarp
30-08-12, 08:01
If it's operating like those cheap tours from people park, it wil most likely be sending you to tourist attraction but in between, they will send you to the commission based area.

I generally avoid this type of tour as it is irritating.

I dislike this type of tours.
Price cheap but things they bring you to buy are expensive.
One of my friends spent $5k on some herbal medicine when she was in China.
It was much more than the tour price.
I rather go on DIY tours.
Get lost nevermind as it adds to the fun of the tour.

irisng
30-08-12, 08:36
If go on guided tours, most likely they will bring you to a commission based shops. Once our company organised a tour to Beijing and we wanted our own itinerary but the tour agent said that it was compulsory to go to at least 4 of their designated shopping areas.:doh: In addition to that, when we were at Beijing, the tour guide offered 4 more places for us (not in our itinerary) and it was at our own expense, in the end we only took up 2 but gave the tour guide addn tips.

buttercarp
30-08-12, 08:45
If go on guided tours, most likely they will bring you to a commission based shops. Once our company organised a tour to Beijing and we wanted our own itinerary but the tour agent said that it was compulsory to go to at least 4 of their designated shopping areas.:doh: In addition to that, when we were at Beijing, the tour guide offered 4 more places for us (not in our itinerary) and it was at our own expense, in the end we only took up 2 but gave the tour guide addn tips.

According to one of my friends, the tour guide and the driver threatened to abandon them in the middle of nowhere if they refused to comply with the itinerary which included the commission based shopping.

hopeful
30-08-12, 08:53

zero value = no value
why would anybody waste their time for no value tour?

can shanghainese residents apply for the tour? already staying in shanghai (no airticket) can stay in shanghai hotel for free, food provided somemore.

irisng
30-08-12, 09:07
According to one of my friends, the tour guide and the driver threatened to abandon them in the middle of nowhere if they refused to comply with the itinerary which included the commission based shopping.

Wow, so bad ah. I had a lousy experience also. During one of our company's trip to Taiwan, the tour guide brought us to Linzhi shop but none of us bought. When we left for hotspring (I didn't joined my colleagues for hotspring but waiting outside for them), the tour guide approached me and kept pestering me that if we wanted to buy, he could always asked the driver to turn back to the shop and also could give us some discount but I told him that it was expensive. Our next destination was 101 Shopping centre, this sarcastic tour guide told us that we won't buy one because things there were expensive but in the end realised that he said wrongly and corrected that it was not that we had no money. When we were at another commission base shop, he could tell us that children who don't know how to buy one don't go inside the shop.:doh: When my colleague's son was sleeping inside the bus, he could tell us that don't sleep, listened to what he was trying to tell us, and the next time when he slept again, the tour guide would say, " you see, sleep again".

irisng
30-08-12, 09:10
zero value = no value
why would anybody waste their time for no value tour?

can shanghainese residents apply for the tour? already staying in shanghai (no airticket) can stay in shanghai hotel for free, food provided somemore.

Not fully no value but paid for the airtickets.

Something too good to be true but my cousin did purchased once, $1 per night for hotel at the Genting leh.

buttercarp
30-08-12, 09:17
Wow, so bad ah. I had a lousy experience also. During one of our company's trip to Taiwan, the tour guide brought us to Linzhi shop but none of us bought. When we left for hotspring (I didn't joined my colleagues for hotspring but waiting outside for them), the tour guide approached me and kept pestering me that if we wanted to buy, he could always asked the driver to turn back to the shop and also could give us some discount but I told him that it was expensive. Our next destination was 101 Shopping centre, this sarcastic tour guide told us that we won't buy one because things there were expensive but in the end realised that he said wrongly and corrected that it was not that we had no money. When we were at another commission base shop, he could tell us that children who don't know how to buy one don't go inside the shop.:doh: When my colleague's son was sleeping inside the bus, he could tell us that don't sleep, listened to what he was trying to tell us, and the next time when he slept again, the tour guide would say, " you see, sleep again".

Similar experience in Korea.
The guide was sarcastic throughout the journey cos I did not buy anything from them.
On the last day, he spite me by not giving my family seats on the plane together. But luckily, the tour group members were understanding and changed seats with us.

irisng
30-08-12, 10:18
The guide was sarcastic throughout the journey cos I did not buy anything from them.
On the last day, he spite me by not giving my family seats on the plane together. But luckily, the tour group members were understanding and changed seats with us.

This Taiwan trip was the worst tour that I had come across.

focus
30-08-12, 23:58

That's why they are tour guides.. Heart narrow like hell. They will forever languish in the poverty cycle.