PDA

View Full Version : Bishan, from pariah to king in 10y

phantom_opera
28-08-12, 15:00
BISHAN 8 144sqm $770000 496.77psf 02-Mar-03

SKY HABITAT BISHAN STREET 15 Condominium 1 $2,351,600 1,281sqft Strata 1,836psf May-12

Sign of time, sign of bubble, sign of prosperity, sign of curse

which one you believe :eek:

proper-t
28-08-12, 16:19
Haha...I think you should travel even further back in time when parts of Bishan was a cemetery. Back then you PAY people money, they also don't want to live there.

phantom_opera
28-08-12, 16:24
Haha...I think you should travel even further back in time when parts of Bishan was a cemetery. Back then you PAY people money, they also don't want to live there.

that is beyond 10y, the point is price 3X in less than 10y

proper-t
28-08-12, 16:35
Get your point lah...just throw in some humour....If you think about it, the land back then had negative value so the increase many times more than 3x.

Anyway, maybe moral of the story is to not be afraid to buy property near graveyards. In land scarce SG, only a matter of time before another Bishan springs up (Bukit Brown anyone?).

carbuncle
28-08-12, 16:52
Ring Ring yowe bro... FV cemetery facing units calling...

cnud
28-08-12, 18:09
With RGS coming to Bishan area...

Bukit Timah = Hwa Chong + Nanyang + MGS
Bishan = RI + RGS + Catholic High (Pri)

Shaping the 2 prime areas nicely..

orange
28-08-12, 19:07
With RGS coming to Bishan area...

Bukit Timah = Hwa Chong + Nanyang + MGS
Bishan = RI + RGS + Catholic High (Pri)

Shaping the 2 prime areas nicely..

You forgot Bukit Timah/Newton still have SCGS, ACS Primary and Junior, SJI and SJI Junior.

amk
28-08-12, 19:55
Aiyor how is bishan a "prime area" ... It's still a predominantly HDB town.

Speaking of this RGS move, do u think the gov is actually trying to do match making for the RI boys and RGS girls ? :D

irisng
28-08-12, 20:13

No lah, we bought a 5 room HDB flat when Bishan was still an immature estate. Sold it away for >10 yrs. We are actually throwing the gold mine away.:banghead: We bought for about $100k+ only, sold for $400k, paid govt levy $100k+ for purchasing an EC in the west and put back to CPF including interest, no much left, use the balance to pay the 20% deposit for our EC.

phantom_opera
28-08-12, 20:15
No lah, we bought a 5 room HDB flat when Bishan was still an immature estate. Sold it away for >10 yrs. We are actually throwing the gold mine away.:banghead: We bought for about $100k only, sold for $400k, paid govt levy $100k+ for purchasing an EC in the west.

what levy was that. .. I thought buying EC no need levy?

radha08
28-08-12, 20:19
dont worry now got FT to support market...all blur blur buy one..they dont care about bishan past...;)

irisng
28-08-12, 20:24
what levy was that. .. I thought buying EC no need levy?

EC is considered as a 2nd timer (direct from HDB). During my time (ie >20 yrs back), there was a levy imposed on sales or purchases of houses direct from HDB. You have 2 options:-
1) pay the levy for sales of your flat
2) pay the levy for the purchases of your 2nd flat.
Of course, I choose the 1st option, because the sales price was cheaper than the EC.

The levy for 5 room flat was 25%, 4th room flat (I think it was 20%) and so forth. Now I think govt has taken out this levy for those who bought EC.

Komo
28-08-12, 21:22
EC is considered as a 2nd timer (direct from HDB). During my time (ie >20 yrs back), there was a levy imposed on sales or purchases of houses direct from HDB. You have 2 options:-
1) pay the levy for sales of your flat
2) pay the levy for the purchases of your 2nd flat.
Of course, I choose the 1st option, because the sales price was cheaper than the EC.

The levy for 5 room flat was 25%, 4th room flat (I think it was 20%) and so forth. Now I think govt has taken out this levy for those who bought EC.
that time you should have bought PC instead and freehold one:D
but if your ec is bishan loft then believe it's not too bad...at least double now or rental yield > 30%:D

irisng
28-08-12, 22:00
that time you should have bought PC instead and freehold one:D
but if your ec is bishan loft then believe it's not too bad...at least double now or rental yield > 30%:D

That's why I make the wrong move. Just my luck. During that time, ppty price was quite high, but after buying the EC, ppty crashed.:banghead:

Komo
28-08-12, 22:45
That's why I make the wrong move. Just my luck. During that time, ppty price was quite high, but after buying the EC, ppty crashed.:banghead:
the most painful part is to share the big chunk of profit with garmen:D

kane
28-08-12, 23:58
RGS going to join the RI campus??

irisng
29-08-12, 07:57

:banghead: :simmering: :scared-3: :banghead: :simmering: :scared-3: Ya lo, share profit with them already and yet still not entitles to any rebates given by them.:( Next time, buy houses in the area where the ministers stay, prices sure go up high high.:D

DC33_2008
29-08-12, 10:05
Sky Habitat can sell more now?
RGS going to join the RI campus??

Lovelle
29-08-12, 11:33
so lesson learnt , don't buy 1st hand EC ...hahaha

Komo
29-08-12, 23:03
so lesson learnt , don't buy 1st hand EC ...hahaha
at that time should treat the levy as actually a hint from garmen don't buy ec, buy pc instead where more money can be made:D