PDA

View Full Version : Landed So Precious Here, Elsewhere Pretty Cheap, 5K Can Build 300 Sq Ft Master BR

30years
27-08-12, 19:32
I am building a new landed 300 sq ft master bedroom with attached bathroom over the next two weeks. All it cost is just 5K with spare change to improve the walkway leading to the single storey 3 BR bungalow which I paid about 50K to build a few years ago. I am adding a new master bedroom to this bungalow.

I can stay in this landed home about two months a year as I am a Singaporean and this home is overseas. Landed homes is out of reach for me and many here but it doesn't mean that we can never enjoy living in landed homes.

I am jobless with no fixed income. Last year I made some profits from selling my private apartment here. This year, I got no income, in fact negative income, as I am still in the red, gambling on stock index and commodities futures.

While I have no fixed salary, I have savings to fully pay for the relatively cheap landed home overseas. It doesn't cost a lot. This year, I bought a bungalow plot, "freehold", 1500 sq m for SGD 30K. Not here, overseas, near the bungalow that I paid 50K to build. For SGD 100K, I could build a huge and comfortable 3,000 sq ft bungalow on that plot of land. For comparison, my 3R HDB flat where I stay now cost SGD 380K. Landed bungalow here would cost a few million, I guess.

What a world of difference between landed here and elsewhere.

radha08
27-08-12, 20:14
I am building a new landed 300 sq ft master bedroom with attached bathroom over the next two weeks. All it cost is just 5K with spare change to improve the walkway leading to the single storey 3 BR bungalow which I paid about 50K to build a few years ago. I am adding a new master bedroom to this bungalow.

I can stay in this landed home about two months a year as I am a Singaporean and this home is overseas. Landed homes is out of reach for me and many here but it doesn't mean that we can never enjoy living in landed homes.

I am jobless with no fixed income. Last year I made some profits from selling my private apartment here. This year, I got no income, in fact negative income, as I am still in the red, gambling on stock index and commodities futures.

While I have no fixed salary, I have savings to fully pay for the relatively cheap landed home overseas. It doesn't cost a lot. This year, I bought a bungalow plot, "freehold", 1500 sq m for SGD 30K. Not here, overseas, near the bungalow that I paid 50K to build. For SGD 100K, I could build a huge and comfortable 3,000 sq ft bungalow on that plot of land. For comparison, my 3R HDB flat where I stay now cost SGD 380K. Landed bungalow here would cost a few million, I guess.

What a world of difference between landed here and elsewhere.

:47:.....envy you

carbuncle
27-08-12, 20:30
So cheap. Not Uganda I hope....

radha08
27-08-12, 20:37
So cheap. Not Uganda I hope....

maybe china...those factory operators in my company laugh at me...tell me they building 3 storey house back in china...their monthly pay here only $1k plus....no wonder whole world love sillypore..:banghead:

carbuncle
27-08-12, 20:53
come here. make some money. retire like king back home.

radha08
27-08-12, 21:07
come here. make some money. retire like king back home.

while we sporeans continue to struggle...:doh:

zzz1
28-08-12, 00:07
My maid cash out her 9 months salary and can buy a land in bandung , Indonesia . Fh some more

Depand on where lor ....

zzz1
28-08-12, 00:11
Batam the property also appreciated. From 2008 till today , the population increase from 900 k to now 1.3 mil...

Property and almost every thing increase... In Sg context , is still cheap ...and given the good industrial zone , the upside appreciation is promising..

Blue
30-08-12, 15:38
Cannot compare other countries with abundant land to tiny congested Singapore.

U can get US and Canadian land for less than $100K. Much depends on whether the local govt willing to spend $$$ on infrastructure, amenities and social security.