PDA

View Full Version : Single buying flat from HDB

Poloclub
26-08-12, 22:36
How is this going to impact the private property market?

Reisor
26-08-12, 22:43

Singles who are aspiring to buy suburbia MM to stay may be swayed to new public housing option. Anyway, eligibility and criteria not clear yet but can see that targeting Singles and MM issues.

ysyap
26-08-12, 22:47
Beginning from the cheapest housing available in Singapore, if singles are allowed to buy BTOs, our govt has just unleashed a group of buyers who previously only qualify for private housing and resale HDB. However I doubt the significance of its impact.

I suspect if this group constitute about 20% of adults, and assuming that some 15% were already actively buying resale and PCs with only 5% not buying for various reasons including affordability, the impact of this change will not be significant to shift the property market trends. HDB prices may not fall but it certainly will not climb much too as a result. :)

Clim1688
26-08-12, 22:47
My view is this will increase hdb demand which will sustain its prices and good for private condo..

cnud
26-08-12, 22:52
MM targeted now. Will shift demand..

phantom_opera
26-08-12, 22:53
not fair for citizens who married foreigners ... they will scream now

and very gay friendly ... where is carbuncle?

and demand for MM / studio will drop for sure ... BTO is subsidized leh ... especially BTOs at RCR

ysyap
26-08-12, 22:57
Details of the change is not out yet... Wait for MND to reveal more. In the mean time, we can just speculate and comment assuming the law is passed w/o restrictions or conditions for these singles... Lol! :)

Clim1688
26-08-12, 23:04
Singles staying with parents will want to buy their own place.

This will generate additional demand

I always feel MM is a different comparison, you can rent your MM but not your HDB..

Single buying will not happen soon I feel, they need to clear the first timer queue and maybe 2nd timer queue.. Whatever it is It means hDB demand will be sustained and price will be supported and overall should be good for private condo

carbuncle
26-08-12, 23:05
no diff to me as doubt they will allow singles with private homes under their name.

buttercarp
26-08-12, 23:05
Singles, as in unmarried persons who are 35 years or older?
I wonder what is the percentage of these who are earning 10K and below to qualify for BTO?
Or should they set the criteria to those earning less than 5k then can buy cos in this case, only 1 person buying and not a couple.

Shoeboxsupporter
26-08-12, 23:07

I a bit suaku, news from where ?

carbuncle
26-08-12, 23:07
Singles wait long long. Queue up behind couples with young kids first. Talk only ba at this stage.

phantom_opera
26-08-12, 23:08
Singles wait long long. Queue up behind couples with young kids first. Talk only ba at this stage.

will be tough to get RCR BTOs or those near MRTs I guess ...

azeoprop
26-08-12, 23:10
Oh dear, looks like studio and 1 bedder are being targeted. No wonder 1 bedder of Parc centros are the ones left unsold.

:beats-me-man:

phantom_opera
26-08-12, 23:14
That's why I said property market going forward is dead as MM/studio market CM will be announced by Khaw soon

IT will also remove demand for 3r/4r HDB in resale market, big blow to capital appreciation potential of HDB resale unit

once MM is dead, no meaningful capital again anymore ... I think I will quit soon ... more money will shift into bonds/stocks

carbuncle
26-08-12, 23:22
can get BTO buay pai liao. if still wanna choose near mrt or central can forget it man. expect the income ceiling set at 5k.

phantom_opera
26-08-12, 23:25
can get BTO buay pai liao. if still wanna choose near mrt or central can forget it man. expect the income ceiling set at 5k.

hmmm ... how they prevent fresh graduates chiong to apply hah? like dat next time BTO 3r HDB subscription will be at least 20x

also how to prevent single from monetizing it ... I can say go oversea study immediately (or go backpacking for a few years relying on rental of new BTO flat he heh heheh)

carbuncle
26-08-12, 23:27
most BTO are oversubscribed today by non singles anyway. except those super ulu one... unless the govt allocation a certain percent of each launch to singles, unlikely will ever see takeup nor even have any chance...

carbuncle
26-08-12, 23:32
HDB will always cater to lowest rung. if can study overseas or go tour, don't need govt help.

Eastboy
26-08-12, 23:32
hello my dear friends there are many singles in sg who probably will not want to buy HDB because they prefer private property lifestyle.....so to me it's minimal impact.

azeoprop
26-08-12, 23:33
Maybe singles below age 35 can only apply for those hdb studios with 30 yrs lease one. Use to be meant for those 55yrs or older folks.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatStudioApt?OpenDocument

carbuncle
26-08-12, 23:33
and fresh graduate at age 35? lol. doubt they will change the age limit.

Eastboy
26-08-12, 23:35
i think there will be many caveats...like if you are single and want to buy HDB, you need to have MOP of 10 years maybe? only applicable for those buying for own stay rather than as an investment vehicle.

phantom_opera
26-08-12, 23:37
MOP is really bullshit ... if you go overseas, you can always rent it out ... those who hits jackpot with Duxton is the best

august
26-08-12, 23:38
those who own private pty can buy? :o

azeoprop
26-08-12, 23:43
I guess this scheme is meant to help lower income singles to own a flat and feel better as a Singaporean. :ashamed1:
I think age 35 limit will remain and there will be restriction to max size of a 2 room flat for bto and some kind of income limit.

A 2 room flat of 47sqm costs $99,000 - $121,000 in CCK Keat Hong Axis bto and $104,000 - $130,000 in Punggol Opal bto. Perfect pricing and size for a low income single around 35yrs old to have a place of his or her own. They cannot afford any of the current resale flat anyway.

Arcachon
26-08-12, 23:43
I a bit suaku, news from where ?

Even singles can look forward to something. Mr Lee said the Ministry of National Development is looking into whether singles will be eligible to buy flats directly from the Housing and Development Board.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1222260/1/.html

Allthepies
26-08-12, 23:54
those who own private pty can buy? :o

+1 like :D

Arcachon
26-08-12, 23:56
HDB Build EC when PC is getting too hot.

Now look like MM is getting too hot, Single can buy BTO to reduce the heat.

azeoprop
27-08-12, 00:05
Actually the layout of the HDB 2 room flat 47sqm is much better than many MM out there. :scared-3:

property_finder
27-08-12, 00:34
Actually the layout of the HDB 2 room flat 47sqm is much better than many MM out there. :scared-3:

The squarish layout looks super efficient. It will be challenging for MMs with balcony, planters (so called liftstyle features) to beat.

lajia
27-08-12, 02:03
BTO already not enough for young couples and he mentioned that priority will be given to those with kids. besides, there should be a lot of restrictions for singles to buy hdb because they will not want to be seen encouraging the young to leave parents and stay alone...:p bonding is important...

Arcachon
27-08-12, 02:33
BTO already not enough for young couples and he mentioned that priority will be given to those with kids. besides, there should be a lot of restrictions for singles to buy hdb because they will not want to be seen encouraging the young to leave parents and stay alone...:p bonding is important...

Like that how to have short gun staying with parents.

ysyap
27-08-12, 06:37
I a bit suaku, news from where ?National Day Rally...

ysyap
27-08-12, 06:38
Singles, as in unmarried persons who are 35 years or older?
I wonder what is the percentage of these who are earning 10K and below to qualify for BTO?
Or should they set the criteria to those earning less than 5k then can buy cos in this case, only 1 person buying and not a couple.The $5K cap is already happening to qualify for grants when buying resale.

NorthernStar
27-08-12, 07:46
I guess this scheme is meant to help lower income singles to own a flat and feel better as a Singaporean. :ashamed1:
I think age 35 limit will remain and there will be restriction to max size of a 2 room flat for bto and some kind of income limit.

A 2 room flat of 47sqm costs $99,000 - $121,000 in CCK Keat Hong Axis bto and $104,000 - $130,000 in Punggol Opal bto. Perfect pricing and size for a low income single around 35yrs old to have a place of his or her own. They cannot afford any of the current resale flat anyway.

I support this idea. one of my single friend looking for his own house. However, his income too low to allow him own a private mm.

Went to see a few 3 room HDBs with him around Tampines area, those 25+ years HDB (~15min walk to MRT) asking for 380K with very bad conditions

phantom_opera
27-08-12, 08:35
gays can now apply BTOs, just one of them apply pretend to be single, MM in OCR hardest hit, recently I heard one single bought a 4r for 517k he must be banging wall now ... Very powerful CM

kane
27-08-12, 08:45
Then they probably need to build this new smallish flats more quickly. If next bto isn't many times oversubscribed then I guess they still want the jaga and swimming pool.

DC33_2008
27-08-12, 09:40
Garment may not want to have too good housing policy to encourage more people to stay single given our greying population and poor replacement rate. Tax hike is coming. They have to also tax more via property tax (more houses), COE, ERP, GST, etc, in the future.

phantom_opera
27-08-12, 09:45
Garment may not want to have too good housing policy to encourage more people to stay single given our greying population and poor replacement rate. Tax hike is coming. They have to also tax more via property tax (more houses), COE, ERP, GST, etc, in the future.

property tax will be first as another CM ... :banghead:

hyenergix
27-08-12, 09:50
V likely it cannot b rented out n muz b returned to govt upon marriage. Supplies will b low n price will not b cheap. Minimal impact on pte MM as this supply is also quite low nowadays, particularly FH boutique types. Taking into acct planning for 1 year, design for 1 year, construction for 3 years, earliest delivery is in 2018 IF e plan is approved.

azeoprop
27-08-12, 10:01
The cold truth for those low income single guys is no woman will want to marry you. It is still about money. Love alone cannot feed your stomach. So letting them own a hdb flat can improve their self esteem and also their financial status... who knows can get a gf also. :rolleyes:

phantom_opera
27-08-12, 10:03
The cold truth for those low income single guys is no woman will want to marry you. It is still about money. Love alone cannot feed your stomach. So letting them own a hdb flat can improve their self esteem and also their financial status... who knows can get a gf also. :rolleyes:

very brutal ... brutality is evident in our system, LSL already said don't expect money falling from sky :scared-5:

can brutality and compassion co-exist?

carbuncle
27-08-12, 10:57
very brutal ... brutality is evident in our system, LSL already said don't expect money falling from sky :scared-5:

can brutality and compassion co-exist?

Can.

Brutally passionate.
Or passionately brutal.

You choose.

cnud
27-08-12, 12:53
hello my dear friends there are many singles in sg who probably will not want to buy HDB because they prefer private property lifestyle.....so to me it's minimal impact.

Why would singles want to pay more for a lousy MM of 300sf where he could deco up the HDB with a spare room? Khaw mentioned before he monitoring MM very closely. This time just give him more bullets to kill off those greedy developers.

ysyap
27-08-12, 13:39
gays can now apply BTOs, just one of them apply pretend to be single, MM in OCR hardest hit, recently I heard one single bought a 4r for 517k he must be banging wall now ... Very powerful CMStill have advantage lah... BOT wait 3 yrs, resale wait 3 months... :47:

focus
27-08-12, 19:55
I am waiting to buy a penthouse EC using my sibling name if this ever happens! :)

carbuncle
27-08-12, 20:26
hmmm. didn't occur to me that this is possible too!! can buy bto means eligible to buy EC too?

focus
27-08-12, 22:03
hmmm. didn't occur to me that this is possible too!! can buy bto means eligible to buy EC too?

YES!! REJOICE! :) Buy EC to live in .. and rent out your more expensive condos.

iMAGine... 2500sqft of goodness at $600 psf, where to find at this time and age..

price
27-08-12, 23:01
doubt they will change the age limit. which means the only thing new is that singles are allowed to buy new flats and do not have to wait for those which is older than 5 years. so i guess not much impact?

phantom_opera
15-08-13, 10:54
Khaw Boon Wan will have a hard time now, seniors are now complaining about 30yLH studio vs 2r 99LH

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/studio-apartments-seniors-too-costly-20130815

mcmlxxvi
15-08-13, 12:37
Khaw Boon Wan will have a hard time now, seniors are now complaining about 30yLH studio vs 2r 99LH

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/studio-apartments-seniors-too-costly-20130815

Snr citizen IT education scheme leads to more social media viral complain campaigning?

LPPL