PDA

View Full Version : Are New launches more worth it?? than resale

radha08
25-08-12, 18:54
I been looking around as usual...very free...kind of feel that new launch pricing is much more attractive than resale properties....for eg in pasir ris units at palette/parc olympia seem to be a tad cheaper than comparable resale units at eastvale(ec)...dunno maybe thats why sales seem so good...:cool:

radha08
25-08-12, 18:59
or for that matter compare vacanza east to surrounding condos....like starville

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10949666/for-sale-vacanza-east

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10929972/for-sale-starville

stiook
25-08-12, 19:35
Bro, I remember one of your posts asking about how to spend time during your offdays... given your interest, why not do part time agent?

radha08
25-08-12, 19:41
Bro, I remember one of your posts asking about how to spend time during your offdays... given your interest, why not do part time agent?

ha ha tks bro i tried it sometime back lost $600 plus to pay for sign up at ERA...that time i was very positive...BUT i realise being an AGENT is NOT for everybody....u see a lot of those kind OF F face people you also must be nice talk nice...DRESS NICE...not my style la Bro..i like wear slipper and singlet type of people...i very direct type...dont like people just tell them off on the face...AGENT cannot have this type of quality....SO i become SECRET agent on CONDOSINGAPORE forum....CANNOT become rich la...but nebermind...everyday can laugh can already...:D

carbuncle
25-08-12, 19:48
bro can be selective towards clientele ma... run it like you own business. you are the boss. you can give your client black face if you want.

radha08
25-08-12, 19:54
bro can be selective towards clientele ma... run it like you own business. you are the boss. you can give your client black face if you want.

i know la bro just excuses actually i lazy to push hard..this type of job when you starting off must really push hard one...otherwise cannot make it thats why a lot of people give up...but if you make it...no horse run...:cheers4:

http://www.talkingcock.com/html/lexec.php?op=LexLink&lexicon=lexicon&keyword=BOH%20BEH%20CHOW

for those who are NOT chinese...:D:D:D

carbuncle
25-08-12, 20:08
wei bro. you not thinking of buying new launch in todays madness market high ba?

carbuncle
25-08-12, 20:12
new launch will mostly be cheaper than resale due to the time opportunity.

only record breakers like sky habitat will over power and annihilate all surrounding existing projects, and even projects islandwide.

radha08
25-08-12, 20:20
wei bro. you not thinking of buying new launch in todays madness market high ba?

no la bro JUST observing and commenting...ad THINKING..but NOT buying..;)

buttercarp
25-08-12, 20:23
For me, I'd rather go for new place.
Save the headache.
Just buy furniture and lights and move in.
No need to renovate.
Not worried about leaking pipes.

carbuncle
25-08-12, 20:27
buy those just top one lo. best of both worlds. but pay thru nose...

radha08
25-08-12, 20:40
For me, I'd rather go for new place.
Save the headache.
Just buy furniture and lights and move in.
No need to renovate.
Not worried about leaking pipes.

very true...especially for own stay..at least 10 years no need to worry...:cheers5:

yowetan
25-08-12, 20:43
I am keen in Mt Sinai Trizon or Siglap Flamingo Valley.

My budget is around 1.3 mil to 1.5 mil SGD.

My household income is around 7k+SGD with disposal rental income of 4k+SGD.

Assuming household income is a total of 11-12kSGD, is it okay to go all way out and secure a three bedder Flamingo Valley at 1.3milSGD if there is such opportunity?

ikan bilis
25-08-12, 20:56
be patient, wait for your hdb mop over first... ;)

yowetan
25-08-12, 21:01
be patient, wait for your hdb mop over first... ;)

Hi. You read and observe my thread well.

Being said, I am really keen in going for Flamingo Valley despite negative calls and feedbacks on it's neighbouring mature garden.

The development plot is huge, and I like big area with decent facilities with Freehold status. I am really hoping someone could link me up with three bedder with reasonable space sqm at an affordable price between 1.3 to 1.33 mil SGD.

radha08
25-08-12, 21:51

Being said, I am really keen in going for Flamingo Valley despite negative calls and feedbacks on it's neighbouring mature garden.

The development plot is huge, and I like big area with decent facilities with Freehold status. I am really hoping someone could link me up with three bedder with reasonable space sqm at an affordable price between 1.3 to 1.33 mil SGD.

only 2 3-bedder left maybe sold by now...forget it move on...i pass by everyday...personally dont like it NOT because i didnt buy...but when u stand at top of hill and look down into the valley feels like u looking at sunken houses....strange feeling maybe i not used to it...:confused:

lajia
25-08-12, 22:53
I am keen in Mt Sinai Trizon or Siglap Flamingo Valley.

My budget is around 1.3 mil to 1.5 mil SGD.

My household income is around 7k+SGD with disposal rental income of 4k+SGD.

Assuming household income is a total of 11-12kSGD, is it okay to go all way out and secure a three bedder Flamingo Valley at 1.3milSGD if there is such opportunity?

got see doc??

yowetan
25-08-12, 23:26
only 2 3-bedder left maybe sold by now...forget it move on...i pass by everyday...personally dont like it NOT because i didnt buy...but when u stand at top of hill and look down into the valley feels like u looking at sunken houses....strange feeling maybe i not used to it...:confused:
I can't visualize what would it look like after it is complete. However, I like the surrounding.I need a three bedder for I am planning for future and ample space for all of my family members.

azeoprop
25-08-12, 23:31
I can't visualize what would it look like after it is complete. However, I like the surrounding.I need a three bedder for I am planning for future and ample space for all of my family members.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10709417/for-sale-st-michael-regency

this one FH, big, new and fit your budget.

focus
25-08-12, 23:53

i think if you are in the service industry, you cannot give black face to customers. I think if those big time agents mostly talk very humbly, who are you the small time agent to give black face. Actually i believe most of the big time agents don't give black face in front of customers one. Big or small, look poor or look rich, they give the same service.

That's jsut my view.

Wynyard
25-08-12, 23:58
very true...especially for own stay..at least 10 years no need to worry...:cheers5:
I also like the feeling of staying in a brand new house :D

carbuncle
26-08-12, 00:08
how about this Bali hotel

balihotelsparadise.com/wp-content/dubai_hotel/162-resort2-768.jpg

carbuncle
26-08-12, 00:14
well black face only to the incorrigible clients la.

radha08
26-08-12, 17:03
I also like the feeling of staying in a brand new house :D

i hope i feel that way in 2 mths in MY new OLD...HDB flat...

new cos undergoing major reno..:cool:

old cos block is almost 30 years old..:o

samuelk
26-08-12, 17:21
i hope i feel that way in 2 mths in MY new OLD...HDB flat...

new cos undergoing major reno..:cool:

old cos block is almost 30 years old..:o
that one of my big worry. After reno, they do SER or upgrade siaoliao.

howgozit
26-08-12, 17:23
I am partial to resale for a variety of reasons.

1) Generally cheaper. Easier to negotiate with an owner than a deep pocketed developer. Agents work in buyer's favour to sway the seller. Agents in new launches can't budge big developers.

2) Nothing a little renovation cannot do. Renovate to requirement, be it for own stay or renting out.

3) You roughly know or get a feel of what the environment/ community/ neighbours are like before you move in. Common areas abuse, resident profile .....etc.

4) Move in or rent out quickly don't have to wait for TOP.

5) Existing rentals in same development will give you an estimate of expected rentals, this helps in determining the returns and hence purchase price.

stiook
26-08-12, 17:23

Siglap near to Henry Park? Or they redraw and already same GRC then can qualify under Phase 2B?

yowetan
26-08-12, 17:25
Siglap near to Henry Park? Or they redraw and already same GRC then can qualify under Phase 2B?

If Siglap is chosen, opera primary school will be next alternative; the environment and address provides another window of opportunities.

Yes, Henry Park is not anywhere near.

radha08
26-08-12, 18:24
so whats the next hottest new launch 99lh mass market now that parc centros ..game over...:cool:

radha08
26-08-12, 18:26
If Siglap is chosen, opera primary school will be next alternative; the environment and address provides another window of opportunities.

Yes, Henry Park is not anywhere near.

st stephens dude thats the place to be currently my rented semi-d next to it....everyday can see happening cars...get ur kids to mingle withb the rich man son...maybe one day can get lobang for mt sinai..cheap cheap...:D

radha08
26-08-12, 18:27

1) Generally cheaper. Easier to negotiate with an owner than a deep pocketed developer. Agents work in buyer's favour to sway the seller. Agents in new launches can't budge big developers.

2) Nothing a little renovation cannot do. Renovate to requirement, be it for own stay or renting out.

3) You roughly know or get a feel of what the environment/ community/ neighbours are like before you move in. Common areas abuse, resident profile .....etc.

5) Existing rentals in same development will give you an estimate of expected rentals, this helps in determining the returns and hence purchase price.
you got valid points...:cheers1:

carbuncle
26-08-12, 18:29
riversails.

dtrax
26-08-12, 18:29
so whats the next hottest new launch 99lh mass market now that parc centros ..game over...:cool:

round robin technique.. after lakeside,pasir ris, punggol, we have>20 districts to play with.. HDBiers, Upgraders, Investors flush with cash.. no fearrr

radha08
26-08-12, 18:37
riversails.

that one will sell on PRICING watch it CHEAP N GOOD...:rolleyes:

radha08
26-08-12, 18:38
round robin technique.. after lakeside,pasir ris, punggol, we have>20 districts to play with.. HDBiers, Upgraders, Investors flush with cash.. no fearrr
ya boy the banglas got job to do for a good many years to come...:cool:

samuelk
26-08-12, 20:39
ya boy the banglas got job to do for a good many years to come...:cool:
in some industries, they are the captain and are more then the locals.

CondoWE
26-08-12, 22:21

Agreed if for investment purposes. For stay, I prefer NEW one....:D

radha08
26-08-12, 23:43
riversails.

lelong.....:scared-1:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10987147/for-sale-riversails

beepbeep
27-08-12, 06:12
Look out for the new launch near Kovan MRT by Hoi Hup and above Potong Pasir MRT by Tuan Sing. Should be launching in Sep-Oct

heehee
27-08-12, 07:01
Did you compare the facilities, the building workmanship & quality, the maintenance state of the resale condos, the furnished quality & appliances etc, the number of car park lots available, the useable floor area & efficiency of design & layout etc? May be resale got better of all the above that is why appear almost same price as new launch? (we already know resale has >10% more useable space than new launch right?)

When it is too good to be true from developers, it usually is!

I been looking around as usual...very free...kind of feel that new launch pricing is much more attractive than resale properties....for eg in pasir ris units at palette/parc olympia seem to be a tad cheaper than comparable resale units at eastvale(ec)...dunno maybe thats why sales seem so good...:cool:

carbuncle
27-08-12, 10:43
lelong.....:scared-1:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10987147/for-sale-riversails

So 90's. Machiam Sentosa map.

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/f/7/4/e/f74e4824629565_1_V550.jpg

radha08
27-08-12, 11:40
i dunno what is govt strategy but seems like plenty plenty plenty choices of condos to choose from...:scared-5:

CondoWE
27-08-12, 12:11
i dunno what is govt strategy but seems like plenty plenty plenty choices of condos to choose from...:scared-5:

Got many choices but little money...:doh: .

cnud
27-08-12, 12:28
Flood the market so that developers can cut price!

radha08
27-08-12, 12:58
Flood the market so that developers can cut price!

i think certain areas wil see some softening soon...i think there is ONLY so much mkt can absorb...look at punggol/tanah merah/flora rd/upper serangoon....launch after launch....most people can only fire 1 bullet....once fired thats it:o

eng81157
27-08-12, 13:08
i think certain areas wil see some softening soon...i think there is ONLY so much mkt can absorb...look at punggol/tanah merah/flora rd/upper serangoon....launch after launch....most people can only fire 1 bullet....once fired thats it:o

that's what i thought too, a year ago and boy, was I wrong!

carbuncle
27-08-12, 13:10
have many kids. buy many properties. need to leave one for each kid you know....

radha08
27-08-12, 13:16
that's what i thought too, a year ago and boy, was I wrong!

yup seems like no stop...judging from the response...govt really underestimated...."People power$$$":cool:

eng81157
27-08-12, 13:18
yup seems like no stop...judging from the response...govt really underestimated...."People power$$$":cool:

i believe it's more to do with cheap money, inflation and low interest rates.

radha08
27-08-12, 13:24
i believe it's more to do with cheap money, inflation and low interest rates.

...and singaporean KIASU mentality...u buy i also must buy...u que i also que....:D:D:D

radha08
27-08-12, 13:25
...and singaporean KIASU mentality...u buy i also must buy...u que i also que....:D:D:D

go to singapore expo on a weekend to one of the electrical expo sales u will know what i mean..ha ha:D

carbuncle
27-08-12, 13:35
human mentality ma. got 'good' stuff everyone also want. except many are plain lazy to discern for themselves what is good for them. thinking if everyone feel it is good it must be good. most don't have mind of their own or too lazy to think.

ikan bilis
27-08-12, 13:52
sometimes it is not herd mentality....

i do not like residential properties,... prefer commercial/industrial...

but when fed's botak ben were talking about QE2, some outright buying of T-bonds... me no choice but forced to quickly grab 1 condo... can you believe i viewed 4 units only and offered 2 of them...

so, i think there will be some big group rushing to condos when QE3 announced...

:( :(