PDA

View Full Version : Blue Horizon (D5, 99-year leasehold, Far East Organization)

my bloody valentine
30-08-06, 01:00
from the website:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4095/bluehorizon1ov3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1754/bluehorizon2qs5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6304/bluehorizontypicalfloorplan816zn8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9326/bhsiteplan2ro9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1307/bluehorizonmapmy0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Unregistered
30-08-06, 19:26
Facilities, security and exterior are competitive to other condos. The main advantages for this condo are, nice sea view, near west coarse park. Science parks, university, buona vista and clementi are within feeder service coverage.

lousy
30-08-06, 19:26
A project by Far East, renown for the shoddy workmanship. If you are planning to rent or buy Blue Horizon, please think twice cause its a Far East development. Ask anyone in Singapore and they will tell you Far East projects dont buy or rent.

lousy
30-08-06, 19:27
This place has the lousiest sea view in the whole of Singapore. The seaview is like the view of industrial islands and smoke from the chimneys. Its seriously not worth an investment at all. Price will definitely drop with new better condos coming up

my bloody valentine
30-08-06, 19:31
It has windly sea view and next to Jap school, West Coast Park with McDonald's. Will also see our busy PSA port, nice nasir lemak rice etc at Clementi Rd. Coffee shops at HDB behind the hawker center all operating 7/24.

And the construction defects have already all been rectified by Far East. It is a good investment.

Intrepid Explorer 2.0
19-09-06, 01:58
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7966/bluehorizon1wy3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9963/bluehorizon2wl1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1676/bluehorizon6ar1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/6503/bluehorizon8re9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Unregistered
26-02-07, 01:03
another feo's project with shoddy workmanship is east point green at simei... swimming pool was rough surface... dangerous for kids... though their layouts the clift and icon were much better cdl's projects ...

Unregistered
07-05-07, 04:01
Blue Horizons rental for 2 bed-rooms (962) is already 3k one year ago

Unregistered
07-05-07, 10:35
Blue Horizons rental for 2 bed-rooms (962) is already 3k one year ago

It was because it was brand new condo one year ago. When CW, Varsity Park and Stellar comes on stream in the next one to two years, Blue Horizon will be much less desirable and with sheer number of brand new units available, it will be very lucky if rental does not drop from this level.

Unregistered
07-05-07, 18:26
what i am trying to say is, one year ago when the mass mkt property is still down, Blue Horizons already fetched 3K. Can advise me how much can Clementi Woods and Varisty Park rental fetch now for a 2 bed-rooms?

Unregistered
07-05-07, 18:31
CW and VP not even TOP yet. WTF are you talking about?

Unregistered
07-05-07, 18:37
CW and VP not even TOP yet. WTF are you talking about?

Being rude won't help you to get more rents from your future tenants,
if I were you, I sell it before is is too late

Unregistered
07-05-07, 18:42
what i am trying to say is, one year ago when the mass mkt property is still down, Blue Horizons already fetched 3K. Can advise me how much can Clementi Woods and Varisty Park rental fetch now for a 2 bed-rooms?

What he is saying that 3K is the meximum you will ever get for 2 BR unit for blue horizon and the reason given was very loud and clear.
In fact, if you look carefully, the supply in that area in the next three years are truly incredible, not just CW, VP, Stellar, Botania, infinti, carebelle and some more are all available at around the three year window. The rent for blue horizon is going to collapse in no time.
Sell before it is too late

revieli
02-07-07, 12:17
Was at West Coast Park over the weekend, and saw a signage at the empty plot of land beside BH. It's put up by URA and it's called Coastal Heights. Any idea on whether this will be a new condo or something?

Unregistered
03-07-07, 09:37
Yes, we saw that sign too. It is for sale by URA to developers. But it is on the reserve list, and it has not been sold yet. It might be sold soon, given the recent run up in property prices.

rogerang
14-04-08, 01:07
Beautiful 3+1, premium block, price to sell.
PM me for detail qnd pics.

Tony Blair
14-04-08, 11:20
West Coast seaview is boring compared to East Coast.

rogerang
15-04-08, 13:46
I agree, but we cant be comparing west coast to east coast.

PropertiesHunter
15-04-08, 16:52

East coast and west coast all also got ship leaking oil. Singapore Sea is bore not even coral can be seen.

rogerang
22-04-08, 00:22
Hurry! last offer at $900k. Any higher offer secures. Do note, this is premium blk with best stack for seaview. Dont miss. PM or email [email protected].

valueinvestor
22-04-08, 12:03
Hurry! last offer at $900k. Any higher offer secures. Do note, this is premium blk with best stack for seaview. Dont miss. PM or email [email protected].

How big is this unit? What is the facing? I this unit a low floor unit? Thanks

Perfume
22-04-08, 19:26

East Coast sea facing is South, you get cool wind and fantastic view. West Coast sea facing is West, you get hot wind and no view in the afternoon cos your curtain needs to be down to block the sun.:banghead:

jsh
22-04-08, 20:07
East Coast sea facing is South, you get cool wind and fantastic view. West Coast sea facing is West, you get hot wind and no view in the afternoon cos your curtain needs to be down to block the sun.:banghead:

West coast apartments facing the sea also face south. Just get a map & see for yourself. Even the east coast apartments have to face directly south or south east so as not to get any afternoon sun.

blackjack21trader
22-04-08, 20:12
West coast apartments facing the sea also face south. Just get a map & see for yourself. Even the east coast apartments have to face directly south or south east so as not to get any afternoon sun.

Yes, that is absolutely right. The Sun is so BIG and Singapore so SMALL. The western and eastern sun rays will affect Singapore's West and East Coast similarly. Good point jsh has brought up. When I saw Perfume's post, I can't stop ROL...

rogerang
22-04-08, 23:21
How big is this unit? What is the facing? I this unit a low floor unit? Thanks

Area is 1163sqft. south-west facing slight afternoon sun but not stuffy cos of cool sea breeze. High floor unit. See to appreciate.

Farnie
23-04-08, 11:44
Area is 1163sqft. south-west facing slight afternoon sun but not stuffy cos of cool sea breeze. High floor unit. See to appreciate.

But the breeze amay ctually brings in fumes from the Jur Island. I was there to see a unit facing Jur Island and I saw the smoke from the refineries rising to form browish cloud and the wind blew the clouds towards Jurong and west coast mainland.

But seriously, the `sea view' of west coast is nothing to shout about. If really need to buy Blue Horizon, I would prefer the Bukit Timah/ Kent Ridge Facing and pay lower px and also dun have to worry about afternoon sun. But having said that, I would try not to buy west coast apts, esp after seeing the brown clouds from the unit and also from Kent Ridge park.

rogerang
23-04-08, 12:36
But the breeze amay ctually brings in fumes from the Jur Island. I was there to see a unit facing Jur Island and I saw the smoke from the refineries rising to form browish cloud and the wind blew the clouds towards Jurong and west coast mainland.

But seriously, the `sea view' of west coast is nothing to shout about. If really need to buy Blue Horizon, I would prefer the Bukit Timah/ Kent Ridge Facing and pay lower px and also dun have to worry about afternoon sun. But having said that, I would try not to buy west coast apts, esp after seeing the brown clouds from the unit and also from Kent Ridge park.

Thanks for ur feedback. I have been there but didnt really notice the thick smoke u mentioned. maybe i shd take a good look. some say east coast has a better sea view, but some say east coast seaview is just pitch black at night while the west coast can see some lightings. well to each his own i guess.

Ofcos there are better projects better than Blue horizon. but im not sure if they are so called cheap and good anywhere. cos if a pty is gd, than why sell cheap? infact, i come across plenty of not so gd and not cheap everyday :rolleyes:

Tony Blair
23-04-08, 16:57
Looking at Google map.West Coast looks to Jurong Island.There is no coast at all.All built up.

PropertiesHunter
24-04-08, 08:14
My 2 cents of advise is whether you BUY east or west is still Singapore Sea. Nothing to cheer about. Still can see Ships whether you East or West. NoT blue but other colour like sometime brown like clay or green.

Compare with other like gold coast, melbourne coast or even bintan beach, we are far from call blue sea with coral.

Any way, price is going down at west to S$650psf , while east like Tanjong Rhu have gone down to S$900psf for BIG space.

Be patient for 3rd quater when haze come the selling mode will be there for you to grap cheap Singapore Sale.:D

blackjack21trader
24-04-08, 10:20
Thanks for ur feedback. I have been there but didnt really notice the thick smoke u mentioned. maybe i shd take a good look. some say east coast has a better sea view, but some say east coast seaview is just pitch black at night while the west coast can see some lightings. well to each his own i guess.

Ofcos there are better projects better than Blue horizon. but im not sure if they are so called cheap and good anywhere. cos if a pty is gd, than why sell cheap? infact, i come across plenty of not so gd and not cheap everyday :rolleyes:

A very good and unbais comment. I always respect people who speaks fairly and constructively.

PropertiesHunter
25-04-08, 15:06
The Straits Times article today entitled "Deferred payment scheme: Up to 4,200 homes may be dumped" is worth reading.

It quoted some property experts that say that about 30% of those on deferred payment scheme (DPS) may be speculators.

It also showed a bar chart with the following data:

2008 completion: 8,364 units of which 4,020 are approved under DPS
2009 completion: 13,493 units of which 11,294 are approved under DPS
2010 completion: 18,509 units of which 6,687 are approved under DPS

It fairly pointed out that though units have been approved under the Deferred Payment Scheme (DPS), it does not automatically mean that all these buyers will use DPS.

From the data above, looks like a significant majority of the units due for completion in 2009 have been approved for the DPS.

Sorry Roger I am trying to tell Buyers the fact so that they can give flipper a miss.
I myself to own private properties and definitely want it to rise overtime. If not a my generation then my children shall.

rogerang
26-04-08, 00:58
No problem, propertieshunter. this is part and parcel of property investment. win some, loose some.

this is a gd pty forum. but can see some trying to create havoc here. hope all can post responsibly. cheers!

The Straits Times article today entitled "Deferred payment scheme: Up to 4,200 homes may be dumped" is worth reading.

It quoted some property experts that say that about 30% of those on deferred payment scheme (DPS) may be speculators.

It also showed a bar chart with the following data:

2008 completion: 8,364 units of which 4,020 are approved under DPS
2009 completion: 13,493 units of which 11,294 are approved under DPS
2010 completion: 18,509 units of which 6,687 are approved under DPS

It fairly pointed out that though units have been approved under the Deferred Payment Scheme (DPS), it does not automatically mean that all these buyers will use DPS.

From the data above, looks like a significant majority of the units due for completion in 2009 have been approved for the DPS.

Sorry Roger I am trying to tell Buyers the fact so that they can give flipper a miss.
I myself to own private properties and definitely want it to rise overtime. If not a my generation then my children shall.

PropertiesHunter
26-04-08, 09:33
No problem, propertieshunter. this is part and parcel of property investment. win some, loose some.

this is a gd pty forum. but can see some trying to create havoc here. hope all can post responsibly. cheers!

Hi Roger,

As my intented posting I did not want to push any prices up or down as I did own properties myself. Just to provide updated and true info for BUYER or Seller to decide.

Condorich
27-04-09, 10:01
Yes, we saw that sign too. It is for sale by URA to developers. But it is on the reserve list, and it has not been sold yet. It might be sold soon, given the recent run up in property prices.

This is rather quiet... no one is interested in this project anymore? I understand that prices had fallen quite a bit from their Peak last year, what is the going rate now?

apple3
27-04-09, 22:47
This is rather quiet... no one is interested in this project anymore? I understand that prices had fallen quite a bit from their Peak last year, what is the going rate now?

Just share a bit on FEO projects. Throughout property events in my life. I have make good choices as well as bad choices. One of my biggest mistake is getting Regent Grove, FEO project at 425psf from developer. A lot of disappointments and the worse came from the Multi-Storey Carparks. (MSC)

The condo was rented out since day 1 and parted from me for some time but the MSC still haunt me till now. Nowsaday, MSC could be identify and associate with FEO project. Lakeshore, Blue Horizon, La Casa, Hillview Regency, GardenVista, etc, etc, etc.

Why? Compare to basement carpark;

1. Cheapskate Carpark compare to basement. And you dont need ventilation and less light.

2. Use up land space.

3. Tyre drifting sound up the slope.

4. Jamm up at entrance/exit and slope during peak and slow parker.

5. Light shine on ajacent units when on slope.

6. Cramp space.

7. Those without lift have to climb up and down.

8. Those far from MSC will be more walking distance.

9. Those without shelter have to bear rain/shine.

And all these only on the MSC. I haven't went into the workmenship or pricing in the unit, etc. So for me, I won't consider anything with FEO regardless of price or location. I mean, just me and my humble opinion.

proud owner
27-04-09, 23:32

one more thing about FE projects ..those condos built at about the same time .. have roughly same design and SAME MATERIALS used ..

the paint as well ... look at heritage view .. and you ca identify another FE project easily

they probably buy the material in bulk and use them on all the projects .. sink, sink top , kitchen cabinets etc

proud owner
28-04-09, 08:29
one more thing about FE projects ..those condos built at about the same time .. have roughly same design and SAME MATERIALS used ..

the paint as well ... look at heritage view .. and you ca identify another FE project easily

they probably buy the material in bulk and use them on all the projects .. sink, sink top , kitchen cabinets etc

back to Blue horizon .. i recall 2 yrs ago i was offered a decent 3 bedder with nice sea view .. and pretty good price .. went to view twice ...

on the second viewing ... going around the facilities ...pool, etc .. had a rude shock ... we saw a china chinese woman ..in the pool ... with a stick of fried fish ball .... my wife and i were so so turned off .. cos these probably tenants were disgusting in the social behaviours and we decided to give BH a pass ...

not sure if its still the same ... maybe can find satay stick, sotong ball at the bottom of the pool ... and the oil floating on top ...any residents care to comment ?

Condorich
28-04-09, 08:42

You don't sound like a proud owner at all. Anyway, you can always hire an interior designer and redo the whole interior thing. As to multi-storey carpark comments... it is like HDB, nothing wrong with that as it is cheaper to build and maintain. By fair reasoning, it should translate to cheaper prices for a cheaper condo. But if the developer charges you a premium, it is another thing. Air in basement carparks is hotter and the air is bad. :tsk-tsk:

BH owners did make a profit if they sell during the peak last year. Not sure if still able to if they sell now.

proud owner
28-04-09, 08:51
You don't sound like a proud owner at all. Anyway, you can always hire an interior designer and redo the whole interior thing. As to multi-storey carpark comments... it is like HDB, nothing wrong with that as it is cheaper to build and maintain. By fair reasoning, it should translate to cheaper prices for a cheaper condo. But if the developer charges you a premium, it is another thing. Air in basement carparks is hotter and the air is bad. :tsk-tsk:

BH owners did make a profit if they sell during the peak last year. Not sure if still able to if they sell now.

you are right i am not an owner of any FE projects ... just feel that their projects all look alike

yes can renov the interior but just feel that the whole purpose of buying a condo is for its everything .. why buy alerady and redo things that are brand new ?

hence i am never a fan of FE

Condorich
28-04-09, 08:55
Many types of folks with many kinds of reasons for buying. Leave it to their wise/folly decision.

As the saying goes, who cares about black or white cat as long as it catches mouse. So the same goes for any FEO project as long as it can make money for the owner.

:cheers6:

jonleelk
28-04-09, 10:43
Just share a bit on FEO projects. Throughout property events in my life. I have make good choices as well as bad choices. One of my biggest mistake is getting Regent Grove, FEO project at 425psf from developer. A lot of disappointments and the worse came from the Multi-Storey Carparks. (MSC)

The condo was rented out since day 1 and parted from me for some time but the MSC still haunt me till now. Nowsaday, MSC could be identify and associate with FEO project. Lakeshore, Blue Horizon, La Casa, Hillview Regency, GardenVista, etc, etc, etc.

Why? Compare to basement carpark;

1. Cheapskate Carpark compare to basement. And you dont need ventilation and less light.

2. Use up land space.

3. Tyre drifting sound up the slope.

4. Jamm up at entrance/exit and slope during peak and slow parker.

5. Light shine on ajacent units when on slope.

6. Cramp space.

7. Those without lift have to climb up and down.

8. Those far from MSC will be more walking distance.

9. Those without shelter have to bear rain/shine.

And all these only on the MSC. I haven't went into the workmenship or pricing in the unit, etc. So for me, I won't consider anything with FEO regardless of price or location. I mean, just me and my humble opinion.

u can add Mi Casa...also MSC. :(

However, Garden Vista is basement carpark. :)

jonleelk
28-04-09, 10:46

Almost anyone would have made a profit anywhere if they sold during the peak last year. A friend of mine bought BH for 600+k, last year was offered 900+k by agent to sell (japanese buyer due to the nearby japanese school), but he did not as it was meant for own stay. However, he did told the agent if 1M he will sell. That offer never came. :)

Condorich
28-04-09, 14:23
There you go, it doesn't matter if MSC or not.

Anyway HDB folks must be fine with MSC... and most shopping centers comes with MSC and not basement carpark. We are talking about Mass Market Condo appealing to HDB upgraders and not luxury development in D9,10,11 etc. BH is meant for the Mass Market lah.

Many factors to consider when buying a property, if car park is so important, I rather stay in landed and not in a condo. Park right under the foyer beside your big big garden. When you have it, you are there.

:spliff2:

proud owner
28-04-09, 14:39

Anyway HDB folks must be fine with MSC... and most shopping centers comes with MSC and not basement carpark. We are talking about Mass Market Condo appealing to HDB upgraders and not luxury development in D9,10,11 etc. BH is meant for the Mass Market lah.

Many factors to consider when buying a property, if car park is so important, I rather stay in landed and not in a condo. Park right under the foyer beside your big big garden. When you have it, you are there.

its individual preference lah ..

i think the writer is saying that for MSC ..developer actually saves on building lift ..etc ..as opposed to digging under and providing aircon , lift etc ... hence cost has been largely reduced ..but its not reflected in a lower psf ... so paying same psf for 2 projects nearby ..the one with MSC logically should be cheaper ...but its not ..hence developer makan the $$ lor ...

jonleelk
28-04-09, 15:30
its individual preference lah ..

i think the writer is saying that for MSC ..developer actually saves on building lift ..etc ..as opposed to digging under and providing aircon , lift etc ... hence cost has been largely reduced ..but its not reflected in a lower psf ... so paying same psf for 2 projects nearby ..the one with MSC logically should be cheaper ...but its not ..hence developer makan the $$ lor ...

Just like Caspian and Mi Casa...one underground, one MSC...and the one with MSC not really cheaper.

proud owner
28-04-09, 15:39
Just like Caspian and Mi Casa...one underground, one MSC...and the one with MSC not really cheaper.

if the news about Li ka shin investing in spore property ..particularly on west coast ..is true ... west coast will be boom town

apple3
28-04-09, 23:44

Pardon me, I just couldn't miss this one..

If "proud owner" nick mean Proud Owner of any property in actual,
then.. I should be a Apple Tree?? Wahahahhaha...

proud owner
28-04-09, 23:50

indeed i am NEVER a proud owner of BH or any FE project ... not up to my standard ... pls refer back to my comment on why i pass on BH years ago ..and also on FE

proud owner
28-04-09, 23:54

by the way Apple3 ... Li Ka Shing investing in west coast .. areyou sure you still want to sell your CW ?

apple3
29-04-09, 00:03
by the way Apple3 ... Li Ka Shing investing in west coast .. areyou sure you still want to sell your CW ?

Bullion (HK) already bid and bought the land beside BH before Lehman incident. They decided to halt the launch even though the sketch is up.

Selling CW is family personal reasons.. too small to weight against Li Ka Shing. But again, if were to compare, Sand is investing in Marina, maybe sell CW and buy studio 450sqf in D9 better, FH somemore.

apple3
29-04-09, 00:14

It is like HDB? But are they selling at HDB price? The Caspian vs Lakeshore is a very good example. But then hor..

Centris, Caspian, Parc Vista, Parc Oasis, Maysprings, Hazel Park, Botannia, Carabelle, Varsity Park, Clementi Wood, Stellar, Park Natura, Raintree, Hillington, etc, etc.. I just pull out easliy from Boon Lay to Bukit Batok to Bukit Panjang to Jurong East to West Coast, very difficult to find a MSC development other then FEO project wor..

Hmm.. they must be non-mass market condo, on par with D9, D10.. It a steal to buy, quick!!

apple3
29-04-09, 00:16
u can add Mi Casa...also MSC. :(

However, Garden Vista is basement carpark. :)

Is it? My mistake. So they spend a bit more on D11. What about the other side like Silversea or Rafflesia?

proud owner
29-04-09, 08:48
Bullion (HK) already bid and bought the land beside BH before Lehman incident. They decided to halt the launch even though the sketch is up.

Selling CW is family personal reasons.. too small to weight against Li Ka Shing. But again, if were to compare, Sand is investing in Marina, maybe sell CW and buy studio 450sqf in D9 better, FH somemore.

understand ...

dont wont the new investment from HK on westcoast set some kind of bench mark for west side ? i am sure the value will increase some wat ..

proud owner
29-04-09, 08:49
It is like HDB? But are they selling at HDB price? The Caspian vs Lakeshore is a very good example. But then hor..

Centris, Caspian, Parc Vista, Parc Oasis, Maysprings, Hazel Park, Botannia, Carabelle, Varsity Park, Clementi Wood, Stellar, Park Natura, Raintree, Hillington, etc, etc.. I just pull out easliy from Boon Lay to Bukit Batok to Bukit Panjang to Jurong East to West Coast, very difficult to find a MSC development other then FEO project wor..

Hmm.. they must be non-mass market condo, on par with D9, D10.. It a steal to buy, quick!!

You do have a sense of humor ..i am sorry i called you OLD MAN before ...

jonleelk
29-04-09, 09:01
Is it? My mistake. So they spend a bit more on D11. What about the other side like Silversea or Rafflesia?

Garden Vista is actually D21...same as Jardin and Floridian. However, the later 2 are FH.

All 3 basement carparks.

proud owner
29-04-09, 09:11
Garden Vista is actually D21...same as Jardin and Floridian. However, the later 2 are FH.

All 3 basement carparks.

anybody any idea where exactly is the district boundary ? not that i am any bit interested in dist 11 or 21 ... its tricky to keen buyer...

same for dist 10/21 along holland road towards clementi rd ..

i think mt sinai is the cut off ? for 10/21
where is the cut off for 11/21 along bt timah and dunearn side ?

i certainly wont invest in 'fringe' projects ...

just as i wont pay dist 9 price for those at the end of river valley ..near lower delta , should really be closer in pricing to dist 3....shant mention project names ...

Condorich
29-04-09, 10:35
I quite like BH though not a owner there. I do agree that savings in MSP should translate to cheaper prices and it seems that it is not the case. Caspian versus Mi Casa, similiar pricing and one with basement carpark. Well, if I am a developer, I would use demand and supply to set the pricing and not my actual cost as I would want to maximise my profits, nothing wrong with that. Simple economics dudes :P

proud owner
29-04-09, 10:40
I quite like BH though not a owner there. I do agree that savings in MSP should translate to cheaper prices and it seems that it is not the case. Caspian versus Mi Casa, similiar pricing and one with basement carpark. Well, if I am a developer, I would use demand and supply to set the pricing and not my actual cost as I would want to maximise my profits, nothing wrong with that. Simple economics dudes :P

correct as a developer, they will do every bit to squeeze buyers ...and maximize profit ..just like PES .. balcony, terrace ...selling you at the same psf as those covered live-in area .. while they actual cost does not incl that ...

so we are here to educate potential buyers ...to help them get the best deal ...

stalingrad
29-04-09, 10:42
yes, demand and supply will determine prices. So, we the buyers will not demand FEO properties given its shoddy quality and multi-storey car park. yes, I fully agree that all FEO properties are crap, including blue horizon, where even the windows don't open fully, not to mention the noise from west coast highway.

Some ang moh wrote a story a year or two ago saying that blue horizon is haunted. Not sure that is true or not, but his story makes interesting reading.

stalingrad
29-04-09, 10:46
I went to many FEO projects, BH, lakeshore, hillview regency, gardenvista. they all look the same, cramped and stuffy with IKEA furnishings. You see one and you have seen them all.

I just don't buy anything with the FEO logo.

proud owner
29-04-09, 11:09
I went to many FEO projects, BH, lakeshore, hillview regency, gardenvista. they all look the same, cramped and stuffy with IKEA furnishings. You see one and you have seen them all.

I just don't buy anything with the FEO logo.

one of their strategies is to target HDB upgraders ...who are used to multi storey carpark...who are used to living in 3 bedroom 850-900 sqft ..

so when they have 1200-1300 sqft for 3 bedroom ...its heaven to them ... so they BUY ...

a friend of mine used to live in Heritage View .. 3+1 1163 sqft ... paid about 800k at launch ..

in late 2006 i recommended him to sell ..at 870k for his 1163 sqft 99 yr FEO project , heritage view at North buona vista area .. and ...
bought a FH , 3 + 1 , 1660 sqft at South buona vista rd ...

he didnt make much from the sale..BUT after 1 yr ... Heritage view never went above 1 mio, for that 1163 sqft ... BUT his South buona vista unit, FH 1660 sqft went to almost 1.5 mio ....

he thanked me with a paid golf game at Ria Bintan ...

Condorich
29-04-09, 12:10
one of their strategies is to target HDB upgraders ...who are used to multi storey carpark...who are used to living in 3 bedroom 850-900 sqft ..

so when they have 1200-1300 sqft for 3 bedroom ...its heaven to them ... so they BUY ...

a friend of mine used to live in Heritage View .. 3+1 1163 sqft ... paid about 800k at launch ..

in late 2006 i recommended him to sell ..at 870k for his 1163 sqft 99 yr FEO project , heritage view at North buona vista area .. and ...
bought a FH , 3 + 1 , 1660 sqft at South buona vista rd ...

he didnt make much from the sale..BUT after 1 yr ... Heritage view never went above 1 mio, for that 1163 sqft ... BUT his South buona vista unit, FH 1660 sqft went to almost 1.5 mio ....

he thanked me with a paid golf game at Ria Bintan ...

Agree, it is better to invest in Prime FH projects than 99 leasehold projects as the former would appreciate at a much faster rate. Depending on which time you enter the market, it could also depreciate faster.... current prime projects had fallen about 20% to 40%???? on average?

High risk high gain, low risk low gain. A mistake is made when you end up with high risk low gain/no gain/lost but not when you have low risk low gain/high gain. BH is a low risk project that time. Even clementi woods and varsity park are low risk projects, IMHO.

apple3
29-04-09, 20:40
You do have a sense of humor ..i am sorry i called you OLD MAN before ...

huh? It alright manz! Don't mentioned it.. the CW incident I expecting the defender cher coming in actually.. :p

apple3
29-04-09, 20:42

All 3 basement carparks.

Yup Yup.. you are right. But FEO only do the marketing for Floridian. The rest I think by Wing Tai/Orchard Parade.

apple3
29-04-09, 20:46

Econ? demand and supply? How I wish you are the developer than, I will certainly buy from you in bear time..

I would say land cost, construction cost, development charge + plot ratio x land size = GFA to set the cost. Then come design, demand + supply.

apple3
29-04-09, 20:51
yes, demand and supply will determine prices. So, we the buyers will not demand FEO properties given its shoddy quality and multi-storey car park. yes, I fully agree that all FEO properties are crap, including blue horizon, where even the windows don't open fully, not to mention the noise from west coast highway.

Some ang moh wrote a story a year or two ago saying that blue horizon is haunted. Not sure that is true or not, but his story makes interesting reading.

If it don't get you any trouble, how about sharing the BH haunted story?

Condorich
30-04-09, 03:49
Econ? demand and supply? How I wish you are the developer than, I will certainly buy from you in bear time..

I would say land cost, construction cost, development charge + plot ratio x land size = GFA to set the cost. Then come design, demand + supply.

Yes... that is basic cost... the minimum cost that a developer should be selling to break even. Anything above it is margins and profit... demand + supply will determine the margins and profit.

I believe in really bear times, developers could also be off loading at or below cost, cheap sales. Anyone can share a example? 1997?

:confused:

JXCHIA
30-07-09, 14:37
Blue Horizon, Tower B, one of the 2 bedrooms unit in 20th storey has been sold for $751250 (969) $776 psf dated 29 July 09. After this, hope price of other units at BH will go up too.

Lucas
30-07-09, 14:54
Blue Horizon, Tower B, one of the 2 bedrooms unit in 20th storey has been sold for $751250 (969) $776 psf dated 29 July 09. After this, hope price of other units at BH will go up too.

Hmm.. I heard from some agents that Coastal Height (the new condo next to BH) will be launched soon. Is it true?

If so, the psf may not be in the $700 psf range since the developer tendered for the land at the peak.

DC33_2008
30-07-09, 17:46
Hmm.. I heard from some agents that Coastal Height (the new condo next to BH) will be launched soon. Is it true?

If so, the psf may not be in the $700 psf range since the developer tendered for the land at the peak.

Is the horizon from here really BLUE! There is flaring from the chimney coupled with long vehicles along the coastal road!

JXCHIA
11-08-09, 13:43
21 West Coast Crescent #13-03
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$735
$680k
20 Jul 09
27 West Coast Crescent #07-21
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$737
$690k
17 Jul 09
21 West Coast Crescent #07-02
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$673
$818k
07 Jul 09
27 West Coast Crescent #17-23
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$674
$820k
02 Jul 09
23 West Coast Crescent #12-10
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$735
$688k
29 Jun 09
29 West Coast Crescent #06-25
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$713
$683k
29 Jun 09
29 West Coast Crescent #20-25
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$710
$680k
24 Jun 09
21 West Coast Crescent #08-02
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$641
$745k
12 Jun 09
27 West Coast Crescent #17-24
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$710
$825k
10 Jun 09
23 West Coast Crescent #06-11
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$695
$628k
09 Jun 09
23 West Coast Crescent #05-10
99 Yrs From 14/08/2000
$721
$675k
08 Jun 09

jchantw
18-09-09, 14:50
Hi all,

I read all your responses in this thread & couldn't find a single positive comment on this condo..

1) First off, do you own a unit in this condo?
2) With so many grouses, and so much "advice" to others to sell out of this condo, its not hard to look deeper into some of these "advice" as attempts to "short" this condo prices?
3) Granted you have experience in other FEO projects, do you really think all projects from the same developer will be "lemons" forever? (P.S. even D10 super ex condos also got construction faults la...)
4) Perhaps you should spend some time actually living in this condo, to see that it is full of life/people and the facilities are OK.
5) I don't own a unit here (yet) but I am often there with relatives who live there. So i know what I can see, hear and feel...
6) On fussy mentions abt the MSCPs, its like a storm in a teacup.. Hardly substantial in the grand scheme of things...
7) Not all HDB dwellers actually live in "beehives"... some stayed in jumbo or 5 rm units that are BIGGER than the largest apartment (barring the penthouse) in BH... So not all are always awed by the "BIGGER" floor areas in these condos....and to boot, some of these HDB unit's interior decor dun lose out to the "nice" fittings in condos too...

I am not propagating any partisan views here nor trying to be a flame bait; just adding wat i see and experience every time i am there... Pure and honest truth... :2cents:

Victor14
21-10-09, 00:24
i find this project suits for retirement place.. really quiet.. somemore near to city.. i really like the place a lot becoz went there a few times to my ex colleagues place it do feels good. i believe IR comes this place rental will rise as well.

proud owner
21-10-09, 00:29
i find this project suits for retirement place.. really quiet.. somemore near to city.. i really like the place a lot becoz went there a few times to my ex colleagues place it do feels good. i believe IR comes this place rental will rise as well.

quiet ??

i almost bought a unit in 2006 .. but was very very turned off when i went viewing and saw chinese mainlanders ( probably tenants) eating fishballs in a satay stick while they are in the pool ...

so so dirty

Victor14
21-10-09, 00:34
But i don see any now overthere.. i think tats in the past.. now is been more in the expats and the place is really better compare to 2006 which u had painted.. think u should make a trip dw there to see ba.. I recently also bring buyers there to view.. pretty gd but did not buy becoz his wife wks at novena.. sianz :(

quiet ??

i almost bought a unit in 2006 .. but was very very turned off when i went viewing and saw chinese mainlanders ( probably tenants) eating fishballs in a satay stick while they are in the pool ...

so so dirty

proud owner
21-10-09, 11:18
But i don see any now overthere.. i think tats in the past.. now is been more in the expats and the place is really better compare to 2006 which u had painted.. think u should make a trip dw there to see ba.. I recently also bring buyers there to view.. pretty gd but did not buy becoz his wife wks at novena.. sianz :(

in that case happy for the owners staying there ...

housewife
21-10-09, 12:18
quiet? blue horizon? isn't there noise from west coast highway for west/south/north facing units (not pool facing)? we've viewed such facing units and cannot stand the noise. guess east facing or pool facing not noisy but didn't view any. or u mean residents there not noisy?

housewife
21-10-09, 12:29
or u mean residents there not noisy? I guess so. I notice that projects with big outdoor common area (pool, BBQ pit) tend to be noisier, coz more people have fun outside and all pool facing units can hear their noise, especially if the blks surround common area, sound is trapped inside and echo back. BH is U shape, and BBQ pits/children playground scattered in separate places.

Victor14
22-10-09, 00:26
my quiet is refering to the ppl there and the ambience.. i mean as long there is road there will sure be noises jus like ppl say wan to stay near mrt station but don want to hear the mrt noise.. there are pros and cons.. what most of the buyers wan is resale value, the feeling towards the project, surrounding gd schs etc.. but most impt is money well spent.. hee..

or u mean residents there not noisy? I guess so. I notice that projects with big outdoor common area (pool, BBQ pit) tend to be noisier, coz more people have fun outside and all pool facing units can hear their noise, especially if the blks surround common area, sound is trapped inside and echo back. BH is U shape, and BBQ pits/children playground scattered in separate places.

JXCHIA
22-03-10, 13:05
Hi, any sellers or agents here? I am keen to buy one 2 room or 2.5 rooms at blue horizon. If you have sellers kindly contact me at 81688088 (Francis) tks

Condorich
22-03-10, 14:35
Hi, any sellers or agents here? I am keen to buy one 2 room or 2.5 rooms at blue horizon. If you have sellers kindly contact me at 81688088 (Francis) tks

[/URL] 15/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) CDO 99 1216
$905 $1,100,000
Val:$0k John Lee (http://www.moneymind.com.sg/MM_Calc_HousingLoan.aspx) 93837878 2289160
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 20/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99

ANTHONY (http://www.moneymind.com.sg/MM_Calc_HousingLoan.aspx) 93630688 2291649
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 20/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99

(http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128047) Lena Low 90090700 1934996
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=1934996) 20/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99 1200
$825 $990,000

(http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128048) SEAN LOW J T 93870005 2093971
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=2093971) 19/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES CDO 99 1163
$851 $990,000

Val:$0k (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128048) SERENE LOW S L 96954599 2273821
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=2273821) 19/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99 1163

(http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128048) TERENCE 98730948 2278521
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=2278521) 13/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES CDO 99 1152
$964 $1,110,000
Val:$0k (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128048) ANTHONY 93630688 2286062
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=2286062) 13/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES 99

WINSON CHAN (http://www.moneymind.com.sg/MM_Calc_HousingLoan.aspx) 94890990 2289155
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 13/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES 99

Lena Low (http://www.moneymind.com.sg/MM_Calc_HousingLoan.aspx) 90090700 1811108
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 13/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99 960
$833 $799,680
(http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128045) DANIEL 97554568 My Shop Front (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=1834418) 1834418
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#)
11/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON

Janet Fong (http://www.moneymind.com.sg/MM_Calc_HousingLoan.aspx) 96420875 2195934
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 09/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES CDO 99 1216
$806 $980,000
Val:$0k (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128048) SERENE LOW S L 96954599 2257092
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=2257092) 06/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON

(http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128046) MR CHEW 91688998 2278532
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=2278532) 05/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99 1152
$859 $989,568
(http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128046) ELVIN CHEONG 90697177 2084700
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=2084700) 27/02/10 05BLUE HORIZON
$712
(http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128046) Lena Low 90090700 1696081
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=1696081) 27/02/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99 904

(http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/Map.aspx?m=m&Code=128047) Lena Low 90090700 2039652
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=2039652) 27/02/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99

TERENCE (http://www.moneymind.com.sg/MM_Calc_HousingLoan.aspx) 98730948 2268812
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 26/02/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99

DANNY KOH C K [URL="http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SMS_CALL.aspx?t=2&p=2266551"] (http://www.moneymind.com.sg/MM_Calc_HousingLoan.aspx) 90303338 2266551

JXCHIA
22-03-10, 23:33
15/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
$905 $1,100,000
Val:$0k John Lee 93837878 2289160
WEST COAST CRES APT 99

ANTHONY 93630688 2291649
WEST COAST CRES APT 99

Lena Low 90090700 1934996
WEST COAST CRES APT 99 1200
$825 $990,000

SEAN LOW J T 93870005 2093971
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 19/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES CDO 99 1163
$851 $990,000

Val:$0k SERENE LOW S L 96954599 2273821
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 19/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON

TERENCE 98730948 2278521
WEST COAST CRES CDO 99 1152
$964 $1,110,000
Val:$0k ANTHONY 93630688 2286062
WEST COAST CRES 99

WINSON CHAN 94890990 2289155
WEST COAST CRES 99

Lena Low 90090700 1811108
WEST COAST CRES APT 99 960
$833 $799,680
DANIEL 97554568 My Shop Front (http://www.sgpropertylink.com/) 1834418
11/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON

Janet Fong 96420875 2195934
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 09/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
$806 $980,000
Val:$0k SERENE LOW S L 96954599 2257092
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 06/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON

MR CHEW 91688998 2278532
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 05/03/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99 1152
$859 $989,568
ELVIN CHEONG 90697177 2084700
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 27/02/10 05BLUE HORIZON
$712
Lena Low 90090700 1696081
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 27/02/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99 904

Lena Low 90090700 2039652
WEST COAST CRES APT 99

TERENCE 98730948 2268812
Details (http://www3.nationproperty.com.sg/npp2/nppSearch/SearchApt.aspx#) 26/02/10 05BLUE HORIZON
WEST COAST CRES APT 99

DANNY KOH C K 90303338 2266551

lazt to see one by one, can call me tks

Reporter
22-03-10, 23:46
lazt to see one by one, can call me tks
Err ... "Condorich" has provided you with the contacts for free and now you want him to call you? I just wonder why would he want to do that? Who knows? Maybe he has nothing better to do or maybe he owes you a living?

jlrx
23-03-10, 06:04
lazt to see one by one, can call me tksErr ... "Condorich" has provided you with the contacts for free and now you want him to call you? I just wonder why would he want to do that? Who knows? Maybe he has nothing better to do or maybe he owes you a living?

This is really very very strange. :confused:

Shouldn't the interested buyer be the one to call the advertisers and make comparisons? :confused:

The world gets stranger by the day. :confused:

sfwoo
23-03-10, 09:40
This is really very very strange. :confused:

Shouldn't the interested buyer be the one to call the advertisers and make comparisons? :confused:

The world gets stranger by the day. :confused:

There are "good" buyers...and then you have the rest.

Ask for "song".

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
15-06-12, 14:19
Woman gets probation for stealing from condo storeroom
Posted: 15 June 2012 1326 hrs
Photos 1*of 1

inShare

SINGAPORE: A woman who was suffering from depression has been sentenced to 15 months' probation for stealing drinks and rice from a condominium storage room.

Ong Shi Han, a 23-year-old law graduate, stole eight boxes of Pokka drinks, a sack of rice and some electrical items - a two-pin power plug and an extension socket - from a storage room in Blue Horizon condominum in West Coast Crescent in November 2011.

The items were worth about S$450.

She committed the offence with her boyfriend, Jeremy Kuek Beng Kiat, also 23. Kuek, an aeronautical engineering student, was sentenced to a day's jail and fined S$3,000 in May.

In addition to stealing the items, Kuek also forged two receipts to prove that he and Ong had paid for the stolen goods at Giant Tampines hypermarket and Guardian Health and Beauty.

Ong was ordered by the district judge to attend psychiatric treatment to alleviate her depression. Noting that Ong's condition is the underlying cause of her behaviour, the judge also ordered Ong to comply with her medication regime.

Ong's parents, who were both in court, signed a S$6,000 bond to ensure her good behaviour.

After sentencing, Ong changed from a pink dress into a green top and black skirt and wore hair extensions to avoid being recognised.

-CNA/ac

Rysk
05-04-13, 15:22
Even old condo Blue Horizon also playing catch-up game.. and breaking its own record in term of psf..

BLUE HORIZON WEST COAST CRESCENT Condominium 1,150,000 958 Strata 1,200psf Mar-13

All thanks to its neighbour FEO Seahill.. reaching 1800psf :D

nonamenonumber
14-08-21, 18:04
Hi, anyone looking to sell 3 or 3+1 bedroom at Blue Horizon? Looking for stacks XX-09, XX-13, XX-16 or XX-22. Please mail at [email protected] if interested.

Thanks!