PDA

View Full Version : Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

RCR
29-10-12, 11:37
Haha, maybe it's just me.
I find it romantic and the air is good at living room, can imagine inviting friends over for dinner and the dinning area can see the view!
I don't know others but my unit can see nice pool view as well plus golf course plus reservoir, three at once and there is a cloudy bay design, wonder how it will look like from the unit?
Maybe some don't like balconies or find it unnecessary, that is why I bought compact not premium, premium all three bedroom have balconies.
I do know some who like the premium but I don't think It's necessary for me.
The view in the master bedroom is ideal, relaxing resort style living.

Nice! IMO balcony is ok but must have great view. I have seen large balcony but view of some old shophouses or a pump station :doh: . From your description, I think your view will be fantastic, where to find, right?

jacelynchia
29-10-12, 11:53
Nice! IMO balcony is ok but must have great view. I have seen large balcony but view of some old shophouses or a pump station :doh: . From your description, I think your view will be fantastic, where to find, right?

haha, yes!
The problem is not the balconies but the size of the living room, my ID need to work hard!

sunrise
29-10-12, 12:18
Haha, maybe it's just me.
I find it romantic and the air is good at living room, can imagine inviting friends over for dinner and the dinning area can see the view!
I don't know others but my unit can see nice pool view as well plus golf course plus reservoir, three at once and there is a cloudy bay design, wonder how it will look like from the unit?
Maybe some don't like balconies or find it unnecessary, that is why I bought compact not premium, premium all three bedroom have balconies.
I do know some who like the premium but I don't think It's necessary for me.
The view in the master bedroom is ideal, relaxing resort style living.

you should install a video cam at your balcony and link it to your office computer, you enjoy every moment of your SM views even during office hours. make your office at home. :D my suggestion not bad hor?

Komo
29-10-12, 14:14
quite sad that premium 3 bedder is only 100 sqm. but layout is indeed very nice, though everything is downsized. when everything is so "enclosed" with four walls so close ironically having a balcony becomes a luxury and important

Laguna
29-10-12, 14:31
The size of my balcony is 10'x20', all my friends love it, and enjoying it so much with wine, (I have a good outdoor set) etc....and at time, if I have a lot of guests, then I will setup a second dinning table there as well.

I mentioned on the SM balcony is for the reason that the balcony at the living room is much much smaller than the one at the master bedroom, It will be good to have just one balcony at the living room instead of two. No one will entertain friends at the balcony @ master bedroom.

Cryingfreeman
29-10-12, 14:48
quite sad that premium 3 bedder is only 100 sqm. but layout is indeed very nice, though everything is downsized. when everything is so "enclosed" with four walls so close ironically having a balcony becomes a luxury and important
Went to the sm show flat, 4 bedroom selling at $1.67m a 3 bedroom selling at $1.286. The living is very long but narrow but the balcony is damn big.. In the show flat u can see the way they position the sofa it a very small set and the dining table is very close to the sofa. The main entrance will be dark since the only light come from the balcony. The Id remove the third room wall to have a open concept study room. Just to make the buyer feel that the house is big but how many of them will remove the wall.. The bedroom 2 have a queen size bed but it against the window but than again there is no window at the show flat. Like the master bedroom it big.. Kitchen also ok. The view will be wonderful

Laguna
29-10-12, 14:56
I want to show one floor plan, which is efficient and practical. All bedrooms and living/dinning with good view.
page 14 type C1(p)

http://the-seawind.com/ecocondosingapore/wp-content/uploads/ROI_Condo%20Tower%20A%20&%20B%20floorplans%20Draft.pdf

View is important, but when you stay long, it is more or less indifference.
But internal layout affects the day to day living.

sunrise
29-10-12, 15:02
I find the living room too small, but my ID says no problem.
I think some people prefer bigger balconies, I think when guests and visitors come to the house and can see the view from living room and stand by the balcony, it would be nice.
I feel balcony is necessary for this project because of views, some like bigger balconies so up to own preferences.
That is why I bought the compact instead of the premium.
The wardrobe have sliding doors.
Anyway anyone has pictures of the showflat, the decor looks so grand and I really like the wallpaper!
People have rights to be skeptical of investments at skies but I am confident the next two plots will at least be 100-300 psf higher, give it some time, time will prove it.
Besides, I think once we receive the keys, many will stay there!

erh, you felt your living room too small but your ID says no problem, what can he do with your living room? the most he recommend some mirrors but the fact is "small is small" there is no better magic other than knocking down the walls.

you think some people prefer bigger balcony & you think your visitor would feel great looking out of your balcony. from your statement you only "assume" it will turn out the best and receive the best comments from others.

you sound like you have no idea on your own and leaves everything
to your ID.

I highly think you are a SM salesperson.

Laguna
29-10-12, 15:28
People have rights to be skeptical of investments at skies but I am confident the next two plots will at least be 100-300 psf higher, give it some time, time will prove it.

Do u have details of these two plots of land? what sort of attributes they have for u to make such a confident call of $100-$300 psf more. $100 to $300 is a very big gap.

It does not mean that KepLand bidded so high at Tanan Merah will apply to here. The most most important attribute of MRT is not at this location.

Cryingfreeman
29-10-12, 15:30
I want to show one floor plan, which is efficient and practical. All bedrooms and living/dinning with good view.
page 14 type C1(p)

http://the-seawind.com/ecocondosingapore/wp-content/uploads/ROI_Condo%20Tower%20A%20&%20B%20floorplans%20Draft.pdf

Liked the lay out plan u provided. The balcony is as big as the living so to say the unit will be bright and it will look bigger in term of space of unblock view u have outside. One of the project is the water front key wow the reservoir view is killing. The 4 bedroom even the toilet also got view .. Using the toilet everything also can soon soon come out.:D

Laguna
29-10-12, 15:32
Liked the lay out plan u provided. The balcony is as big as the living so to say the unit will be bright and it will look bigger in term of space of unblock view u have outside. One of the project is the water front key wow the reservoir view is killing. The 4 bedroom even the toilet also got view .. Using the toilet everything also can soon soon come out.:D

I like the water front collection but concern is the traffic in front and noise. And also the road is narrow.

Cryingfreeman
29-10-12, 15:43
I like the water front collection but concern is the traffic in front and noise. And also the road is narrow.
Talk about the noise (forseque residence and tree house is 10x worse, for others unit facing the pie:confused: home owner for those unit can go to blk 210 and blk 211 at bj to feel the noise ) but the view of the green is also good. The location of tree house is easily accessible cause it near to pie but sm is serene at night. Both got good and bad . Tree house got bay window. Waste space. Forseque residence got good lay out plan.. Take a look at the 3 plus 1 unit it can convert to a 4 bedroom unit by hacking a few. Wall only.

danntbt
29-10-12, 17:14
Talk about the noise (forseque residence and tree house is 10x worse, for others unit facing the pie:confused: home owner for those unit can go to blk 210 and blk 211 at bj to feel the noise ) but the view of the green is also good. The location of tree house is easily accessible cause it near to pie but sm is serene at night. Both got good and bad . Tree house got bay window. Waste space. Forseque residence got good lay out plan.. Take a look at the 3 plus 1 unit it can convert to a 4 bedroom unit by hacking a few. Wall only.
You do have some interesting comments which is contrary to what is known....
Hmmm I did not realized Treehouse got bay window? Did you just altered the design? Traffic noise from PIE 10x worse, WOW did you use any equipment to measure? ...for crying out loud freely man...hahaha

Cryingfreeman
29-10-12, 17:46
Hmmm I did not realized Treehouse got bay window? Did you just altered the design? Traffic noise from PIE 10x worse, WOW did you use any equipment to measure? ...for crying out loud freely man...hahaha
sorry sorry my mistake..thank u bro for pointing out ....

jacelynchia
29-10-12, 17:47
erh, you felt your living room too small but your ID says no problem, what can he do with your living room? the most he recommend some mirrors but the fact is "small is small" there is no better magic other than knocking down the walls.

you think some people prefer bigger balcony & you think your visitor would feel great looking out of your balcony. from your statement you only "assume" it will turn out the best and receive the best comments from others.

to your ID.

Hey, don't accuse me hor!
I swear to god with my life, I am not even doing property leh.
If I can do it myself then why hire ID?
To my defence, i pay 300k more than other for the same unit just to get the view.

Cryingfreeman
29-10-12, 17:54
as for the noise level which i dun have any equipment to measure but did when over to blk 211 and 210 to see the view at the same time listen to the noise pollution.. i ask the sale person at the show room wat is the selling point of the fr project. he reply {fresh air} sorry again for the wrongful infor.

Cryingfreeman
29-10-12, 17:57
To my defence, i pay 300k more than other for the same unit just to get the view.
wow night train only paid extra 120k he cry out loud ... u paid even more!!!:scared-4: how come price raise so fast..

Laguna
29-10-12, 17:58

what! $300,000 just for the view!
no wonder COV is so high

Jornada
29-10-12, 17:59
as for the noise level which i dun have any equipment to measure but did when over to blk 211 and 210 to see the view at the same time listen to the noise pollution.. i ask the sale person at the show room wat is the selling point of the fr project. he reply {fresh air} sorry again for the wrongful infor.

simple. Just download a simple app 'db meter' or decibel/sound meter (along that line) using your android/ios device for an accurate measurement of the ambience noise. The 'noise' will be more pronounced as you elevate until a certain threshold (no idea on the threshold level though).

dtrax
29-10-12, 18:02
what! $300,000 just for the view!
no wonder COV is so high

Fwah I scream ice-cream.

that means $300,000/30yrs/365days=~$27/day for the view.

Assuming if one enjoys roughly about 2hrs per day, that is almost $13/hr!

If one is staying only for 15yrs, that is almost $27/hr rate

sunrise
29-10-12, 18:19

your ID must have toh bua lai lai waiting for the ripe time. :D

Pikachu1245
29-10-12, 18:48
Fwah I scream ice-cream.

Not many nice reservoir view.....

For those who can affort, why not give them the blessing?

jacelynchia
29-10-12, 18:48
your ID must have toh bua lai lai waiting for the ripe time. :D

My ID sure is happy to collect my cheaque.
Only the one and two bedder facing the road, rest of the units are not affected.
Anyway I can assure that I am not doing property, you make me sound like I am a hard sell agent at skies. haha

dtrax
29-10-12, 18:55

Of course why not? not many can swallow/afford such premium for such views.

sunrise
29-10-12, 19:40
Fwah I scream ice-cream.

eventually these balconies end up as laundry yard. thats for sure.
it starts from the lower floor and gradually moves to the upper. golfers will see coloful flags waving at them. singapore fans very friendly.

Laguna
29-10-12, 19:44

I am thinking, will I pay $300,000 for the view or making more money out of this $300,000?

sunrise
29-10-12, 19:47
I am thinking, will I pay $300,000 for the view or making more money out of this $300,000?

you have a good one here.

danntbt
29-10-12, 20:13
simple. Just download a simple app 'db meter' or decibel/sound meter (along that line) using your android/ios device for an accurate measurement of the ambience noise. The 'noise' will be more pronounced as you elevate until a certain threshold (no idea on the threshold level though).
...sounds great(No pun intended)...will check that out....

FREDDIE
29-10-12, 20:27
Anybody know why Skies Miltonia price is so much higher than Miltonia Residences? Somemore MS is closer than to the green....

Pynchmail
29-10-12, 21:03

Actually 30% premium for a good view is not uncommon.

danntbt
29-10-12, 21:13
Blessed are those who can afford the view, those who wish to have their id done to compliment the view, please only call me nearer TOP, I have plenty of client with keys in hand waiting to be served......i will bless you if you can still afford my fees.....for those lower floors no view units....fret not I can do wonders with 300K budget, you will be amaze what i can do with 50K too....but don't call me yet....its still too early.

Night
29-10-12, 23:48
Blessed are those who can afford the view, those who wish to have their id done to compliment the view, please only call me nearer TOP, I have plenty of client with keys in hand waiting to be served......i will bless you if you can still afford my fees.....for those lower floors no view units....fret not I can do wonders with 300K budget, you will be amaze what i can do with 50K too....but don't call me yet....its still too early.

Maybe you want to share your company name for reference? For someone who has so much against SM and your online manners, i highly doubt your professionalism and sincerity in providing good services to SM owners. I rather not engage your services. Even how much we were to pay you, your creativity is already limited.

Night
29-10-12, 23:51

to your ID.

I highly think you are a Troll, if you have nothing constructive to contribute in this thread, suggest you save the bandwidth for others.

Night
30-10-12, 00:09
Maybe you want to share your company name for reference? For someone who has so much against SM and your online manners, i highly doubt your professionalism and sincerity in providing good services to SM owners. I rather not engage your services. Even how much we were to pay you, your creativity is already limited.

So Mr Toh, you no longer into photography with Singapore Sports Council? As an educator, are you allowed to sideline doing ID? The best is yet to be ya ;)

Pro888
30-10-12, 02:47

10x worse in his context is not able to measure. In another word, it is just an expression of jialat x 10. :D Tio bo?

Pro888
30-10-12, 02:59
eventually these balconies end up as laundry yard. thats for sure.
it starts from the lower floor and gradually moves to the upper. golfers will see coloful flags waving at them. singapore fans very friendly.

Wish he has more substance to offer than all the 'boh liao' comments....he is possibly an agent specializing in North properties.....he might possibly get more sales if he spend more time doing his homework than making such comments here.

Bro danntbt, are u also referring to bro Sunrise?:D

Why both of u like to speculate some1 as agent or nighttrain= Pro888 when some1 commented some negative points on petir rd area projects?

Can i also say u r an agent as well?:doh:

Pro888
30-10-12, 03:09

Good reference at Bukit Panjang Blk 210 & 211. Abt the same distance as Foresque & Treehouse to BKE. I think abt 100m apart or 1 normal HDB block length . Dun need to go there to check noise lah. :D Further, many malaysian bikers use that highway and always at full throttle :doh:

Pro888
30-10-12, 03:26

to your ID.

why bother to a guy spouting nonsense?

Commented something in his area of interest, he "played gangster". Asked me to check his background. :middle-finger:

Commented something in his are of interest, he said snatch potential buyers.

Dun know what to say to this guy. :doh: Just treat him as transparent.

Congress
30-10-12, 05:33
page 14 type C1(p)

Very good layout, would be perfect if there is a window in the kitchen for natural ventilation and daylight. Guess have to leave the yard door open when cooking.

Congress
30-10-12, 05:48
Very good layout, would be perfect if there is a window in the kitchen for natural ventilation and daylight. Guess have to leave the yard door open when cooking.

Oops, there is a window in the kitchen. :ashamed1:

jacelynchia
30-10-12, 09:20

Actually if I did not remembered wrongly, my 3 bedder compact at skies can see view from master bath too but of course not as clear because it is further away lah.

sunrise
30-10-12, 09:23
why bother to a guy spouting nonsense?

Commented something in his area of interest, he "played gangster". Asked me to check his background. :middle-finger:

Commented something in his are of interest, he said snatch potential buyers.

Dun know what to say to this guy. :doh: Just treat him as transparent.

without knowing which properties i owned you starts to attack foresque.
I said you cow head bang dog. you said i play gangster, real cow head.:middle-finger: I return this to you.

jacelynchia
30-10-12, 09:26

What? If You are a ID, how come you are so limited in terms of your thinking?
Shouldn't you be nicer, creativity knows no bounds and why come out slamming when there are potential clients?
How you expect people to trust you when you are like this?:beats-me-man:
It would be good if you can show us some concepts or ideas or else just stop commenting on this thread.

jacelynchia
30-10-12, 17:41
I really do hope real information about skies can be posted on this thread instead of nonsense, I mean it is really hard to extract information viewing the thread when it is made up of nonsense, thanks to some educators out there!

danntbt
30-10-12, 17:55
Ok you guys win, Skies is the best. I wil stop posting nonsence on YOUR thread....otherwise I might find myself in YT position....the worse is yet to be.

Thanks also for the lesson how to run a business. No problem I can still make ends meet.......just earn less.

BTW moonlighting entails compromising performance in your by doing other things outside your job....or having conflict of interest. I guess that would also mean I would not have time to TCSS here....but non of tHE ABOVE SEEM TO DESCRIBE WHAT I AM DOING.

OK-LAH, THIS SHALL BE MY LAST POST ON YOUR THREAD SKIES MILTONITES.

jacelynchia
30-10-12, 18:13
Ok you guys win, Skies is the best. I wil stop posting nonsence on YOUR thread....otherwise I might find myself in YT position....the worse is yet to be.

Thanks also for the lesson how to run a business. No problem I can still make ends meet.......just earn less.

BTW moonlighting entails compromising performance in your by doing other things outside your job....or having conflict of interest. I guess that would also mean I would not have time to TCSS here....but non of tHE ABOVE SEEM TO DESCRIBE WHAT I AM DOING.

OK-LAH, THIS SHALL BE MY LAST POST ON YOUR THREAD SKIES MILTONITES.

Constructive comments are always considered!
Joking is fine, humour on forum is very fun but not slamming.
Now let's begin on a good start. I have been looking at design themes and enlarging the living rooms.
http://rylandquilts.blogspot.sg/2012/09/small-living-room-decorated-ideas.html
Doesn't it looks cozy? Any ideas, please share!
Thanks dannbtb, I am considering putting mirrors!

Cryingfreeman
30-10-12, 19:49
Actually if I did not remembered wrongly, my 3 bedder compact at skies can see view from master bath too but of course not as clear because it is further away lah.
Congrats can sell better price next

Cryingfreeman
30-10-12, 19:53
Congrats can sell better price next
XxxxxXxxxxxxxxxxx

Krchyl
31-10-12, 06:42
We bought a 3 bedroom std at SM. We had wanted to get a 3 bedroom premium for own stay but the stacks that we wanted were sold out. Hence we settled for a std, hope to stay in if it is not to small for us. We have been staying in Yishun for almost 10 years and really like the place and surroundings. All 3 properties that we owned before are in Yishun. Looking forward to the completion of the project.

shareidiot
31-10-12, 08:23
Krchy, in your context, may I know what makes you really like the place (Yishun)?

Amenities, serenity, ..... ?

We bought a 3 bedroom std at SM. We had wanted to get a 3 bedroom premium for own stay but the stacks that we wanted were sold out. Hence we settled for a std, hope to stay in if it is not to small for us. We have been staying in Yishun for almost 10 years and really like the place and surroundings. All 3 properties that we owned before are in Yishun. Looking forward to the completion of the project.

nav14
31-10-12, 10:53
Actually 30% premium for a good view is not uncommon.

I am currently staying in a unit which has a better view than any unit at SM. I was calculating yesterday how much time I spend admiring the view. About 5 glances a day lasting 3-5 secs each. 25 secs a day or about 13 minutes a month. Would I pay a 300k premium for 13 minutes of nice view a month. Of course not. I would be crazy to do that. I bought my unit dirt cheap in 2003 so it did not matter. If I have to pay 300k now, I would rather use that 300k as a downpayment for a MM.

Laguna
31-10-12, 10:59
I want to add on is the difference between a reservior view and a sea view.

A reservior view is a death view, with dark green water and green trees. If u go to Lakeview, u will know the view is very static. It is nice of course.

Whereas seaview is completely different, the colour changes.

However, in the nite, all views are just dark dark....

nav14
31-10-12, 11:05

A reservior view is a death view, with dark green water and green trees. If u go to Lakeview, u will know the view is very static. It is nice of course.

Singapore's seaview is 3rd rate not like in Phuket or Bali.

nav14
31-10-12, 11:11

Singapore's seaview is 3rd rate not like in Phuket or Bali.

Pro888
31-10-12, 12:43

Alamak!:doh: Can dun use the word "death" or not? Be sensitive lah. Ppl buy house, u can use other description. Looking out at both (at some distant away) are the same unless nearing beaches, then u will see waves (moving water) or tsunami for far. wahaha......

same at bedok reservoir waterfront condos. Nonetheless, it is cleaner here.

Looking out to the "water" or forest will be dark of coz. This, every1 will know lah:doh:

jacelynchia
31-10-12, 13:15
I am currently staying in a unit which has a better view than any unit at SM. I was calculating yesterday how much time I spend admiring the view. About 5 glances a day lasting 3-5 secs each. 25 secs a day or about 13 minutes a month. Would I pay a 300k premium for 13 minutes of nice view a month. Of course not. I would be crazy to do that. I bought my unit dirt cheap in 2003 so it did not matter. If I have to pay 300k now, I would rather use that 300k as a downpayment for a MM.

That is up to own preferences.
It's just you who is used to the view and how much you spend glaring at your view is certainly no concern to skies buyer because many will want to utilize the balconies to appreciate view.
I sort of feel it is good to have balconies to appreciate the view or one would just take it for granted over time.

Are you aware the fact that skies is 80% sold?
Besides, I do know the 4 bedder at skies ranges up to over 1.6million, I am not kidding and the take up rate for 4 bedder are very high.

Night
31-10-12, 13:16

I am curious as to how you manage to compare your view with an actual SM unti when it is not even built yet? Are you also able to sight SCC in your view?

For those who actually got their units during the vvip, the premium is actually much lower than 300k from lvl 6 onwards :)

RCR
31-10-12, 13:21

Got pic to share? wonder how the view will be like...TIA

Night
31-10-12, 13:26

Undertand there is night golfing at OCC hence it isn't really that dark at night. Which was also one of my concern when I was looking at MR as the flood lights is almost like those they use for F1. Irregardless of reservoir or sea view, it is still a water feature (good fengshui) and not a big longkang fronting like 8riversuite and river sound.which is not as good for fengshui. A fengshui master also bought a unit here, that must mean something at least.

RCR
31-10-12, 13:32

I stayed in Penang apartment with open sea view. It was a beautiful view, looking the horizon, shiok :D

Aiya, people already brought, why need to spread discontentment. Must learn to respect other view :2cents:

Night
31-10-12, 13:42

U got a good deal back then , it's difficult to get such prices for places with views nowadays. 300k is not a big deal for such when there are EC going for 1.7mil.

Also I do not think it is fair to assume everyone takes only 25 seconds a day like you. For example my neighbours old man just sits out at the balcony and stare into space the whole day which is the other extreme end for comparison.

If for me to choose btw a new SM unit or your unit in todays pricing and other factors, personally I would still opt for SM. No offence.

Night
31-10-12, 13:45
I stayed in Penang apartment with open sea view. It was a beautiful view, looking the horizon, shiok :D

Aiya, people already brought, why need to spread discontentment. Must learn to respect other view :2cents:

Ya I heard in Penang you can even hear the waves, shiok. Such a coincidence, I think Danntbt also came from Penang :) maybe you 2 would know each other.

jklm
31-10-12, 16:17

Seaview has got taste of salt in the breeze, and that the corrosion of windows and metals and deterioration of materials are accelerated.

Reservoir and golf course views has got the nice & fresh air breeze.

einnoc
31-10-12, 16:35
Just wondering how much must the net profit be before u r willing to sell your unit upon TOP? 100K? 200K? 300K?

einnoc
31-10-12, 16:39
Seaview has got taste of salt in the breeze, and that the corrosion of windows and metals and deterioration of materials are accelerated.

Reservoir and golf course views has got the nice & fresh air breeze.

Ooh.... i heard or sea water corrodes window grilles too... but i always thought aluminum grilles will do the trick? Dun install steel lor.

Yup, to oversee Yishun reservoir + golf course, i wld love to be in the house whole day. But i think to oversee Bedok reservoir is kinda eerie. Btw anyone knows which other areas oversee nice reservoirs?

Laguna
31-10-12, 16:48

I recently view an unit in HK, only 20m to the sea, and the open seas have lots of small island and green, beautiful.

Penang : lack of small islands in the sea..I went to see Infinity, the best stack, love it so much...

Night
31-10-12, 16:53
ZThere are not a lot of new dev with sea views currently and even if so, they are usually very expensive. On the west coast, the view is peppered with shipyards and ships. On the east coast, existing condos by the edge will block the inner new condos. Pasir ris abit too far for convenience and the seawater is not really safe. PunggolN sembawang and Admiraty will overlook JB.

The next best view would probably be reservoirs and greeneries (e.g Treehouse). Bedok reservoir would be good if not for it being a hotspot for jumpers. As the country urbanised, public transport and rail will be easily available to everyone and most housing while the number of places with nice views will slowly decrease, and so the value of such developments should be able to hold out.

Krchyl
31-10-12, 17:57
Krchy, in your context, may I know what makes you really like the place (Yishun)?

Amenities, serenity, ..... ?

Yes, our place is quite serene (not near mrt track or shopping mall, not facing main road). This means we usually travel by car. This place is in between my parents & in-laws place. We start work early so could reach CBD area in 20 to 25 mins (without much traffic & ERP) after dropping my kid along the way. We do grocery shopping at OCC NTUC (no parking charges). OCC, Safra, seletar reservoir & northpoint are our usual hangout place. Travelling to the east (punggol & changi airport) via seletar & TPE is also quite convenient. Many eating places such as Chong Pang, jalan kayu, upper Thomson. There are also no lack of coffee shops nearby. We have grown to like this place over the years.

Night
31-10-12, 18:02
Yes, our place is quite serene (not near mrt track or shopping mall, not facing main road). This means we usually travel by car. This place is in between my parents & in-laws place. We start work early so could reach CBD area in 20 to 25 mins (without much traffic & ERP) after dropping my kid along the way. We do grocery shopping at OCC NTUC (no parking charges). OCC, Safra, seletar reservoir & northpoint are our usual hangout place. Travelling to the east (punggol & changi airport) via seletar & TPE is also quite convenient. Many eating places such as Chong Pang, jalan kayu, upper Thomson. There are also no lack of coffee shops nearby. We have grown to like this place over the years.

There is NTUC inside OCC? No kidding?

nav14
31-10-12, 18:04
U got a good deal back then , it's difficult to get such prices for places with views nowadays. 300k is not a big deal for such when there are EC going for 1.7mil.

Also I do not think it is fair to assume everyone takes only 25 seconds a day like you. For example my neighbours old man just sits out at the balcony and stare into space the whole day which is the other extreme end for comparison.

If for me to choose btw a new SM unit or your unit in todays pricing and other factors, personally I would still opt for SM. No offence.

I got my 1800sq ft unit for 600k. You ask me to pay 1.25m for 960sq ft unit today at SM no thank you. I rather pay that amount to get somewhere near town like 8 Riversuites because after spending almost 10 years with the view, I realised I am not going to miss it or treasure it even if i move out. Or I rather spend the 300k on getting the top ID and do up every corner of the house nicely as that is what you will be forced to look at nonstop.
I am sure the excitement of the fantastic view will wear off very fast for most SM owners as it did for me. You will become immune to it.

nav14
31-10-12, 18:12
That is up to own preferences.
It's just you who is used to the view and how much you spend glaring at your view is certainly no concern to skies buyer because many will want to utilize the balconies to appreciate view.
I sort of feel it is good to have balconies to appreciate the view or one would just take it for granted over time.

Are you aware the fact that skies is 80% sold?
Besides, I do know the 4 bedder at skies ranges up to over 1.6million, I am not kidding and the take up rate for 4 bedder are very high.

6 months after moving into SM, please do a survey , maybe while at the poolside, look up at all the balconies of the higher floor units and see how mnay of them are sitting at the balcony admiring the view. Then you come and revisit this forum and read what I wrote. See for yourself if I am proven right or not. SM is a nice project but not worth paying 300k premium for the view. You will find out in 4 1/2 yrs time unless you go into denial mode.

danntbt
31-10-12, 18:30
:) ya Penang is nice, will be going back to enjoy the view from Paragon Gurney this December. Shiok....

Ya I heard in Penang you can even hear the waves, shiok. Such a coincidence, I think Danntbt also came from Penang :) maybe you 2 would know each other.

jklm
31-10-12, 18:39
Just wondering how much must the net profit be before u r willing to sell your unit upon TOP? 100K? 200K? 300K?

I am so happy that I have gotten my unit. I don't think I will sell. That few hundred Ks is not enough to entice me to give up.

I believe most of the buyers of these premium-view units are for own stay as well.

That's why I strongly believe, for premium-view units, even if one has got the cash, he may not be able to get them, simply because nobody is selling.

jklm
31-10-12, 18:42
Ooh.... i heard or sea water corrodes window grilles too... but i always thought aluminum grilles will do the trick? Dun install steel lor.

Yup, to oversee Yishun reservoir + golf course, i wld love to be in the house whole day. But i think to oversee Bedok reservoir is kinda eerie. Btw anyone knows which other areas oversee nice reservoirs?

Aluminium grilles are reactive to salt as well, amid slower pace.

zeamybro
31-10-12, 19:11

Yes, the sea breeze and moisture with salt contents will really corrode the metal parts, but that's a solution to it. What I did was to apply a thin layer of car wax or polish on the metallic parts of my chandeliers and balcony ceiling lamp for my sea facing unit. I did an inspection after one yr and there was no sign of tarnish yet.

Night
31-10-12, 19:23
I do agree with NAV14 that it maybe overpriced. Will removing the premiun make it a more reasonable price, I.e. Selling high floors at 950k and low floors at 650k? The buyers for the BTOs and EC behind SMs will be very tui. SM could probably have achieve 100% sales without official launch. The developer should have consider these else they will not be having only 80% sales so far.

Btw I also got sick of my current city view for the past 30 years, now dilema if I should move at all after knowing I may be sick of the new view as well :(

Night
31-10-12, 19:25
:) ya Penang is nice, will be going back to enjoy the view from Paragon Gurney this December. Shiok....

Rem to take some nice photos as well ya? Your photos are quite cool ;)

jacelynchia
31-10-12, 19:39
6 months after moving into SM, please do a survey , maybe while at the poolside, look up at all the balconies of the higher floor units and see how mnay of them are sitting at the balcony admiring the view. Then you come and revisit this forum and read what I wrote. See for yourself if I am proven right or not. SM is a nice project but not worth paying 300k premium for the view. You will find out in 4 1/2 yrs time unless you go into denial mode.

You reap what you sow then, even if the view is not any of other's standard then be it then.
We buyers, have no control over how nice the view or how much will the view be appreciated.
Even if the view is not as nice to some but It may be to others, the fresh air and the greenery makes people serene and calm, don't you think?
I must emphasize the big balconies really do make sense, imagine just a window looking through the view, everyone will take it for granted and get tired of it sooner or later.
I don't think many would be at living room balconies since the master room has balcony and for premium units, all bedroom have balconies.
The pool view itself is amazing, the golf course view and reservoir are a bonus.

The denial claim you made may be true as people used to things and take them for granted but no denial it is a great place to stay.:D

henryhk
31-10-12, 20:44
Don't need argue, justbe happy property prices are still cheonging.....so tat we can retire early....Huat ah...,

Xan
31-10-12, 21:12
I have this golf course view infront of me. Swee swee, unblock somemore.
Nice to have, but not die die must have.
I even build a trellis at my roof terrace and convert to a garden to admire the view.
Guess what? Me 6 months never go up to my roof terrace at all.
After less than 1 year, sian already. Bro nav 14 is right.

Convenience to amendities is something more practical for me and my parents now esp when their age are catching up.
1.2 plus mil for a 960sqft with golf course view? Well, not alluring to me anymore.

Laguna
31-10-12, 21:27
perhaps, let jacelynchia come back here six years later, ie after staying there for two years, and give us her honest opinion.

For me, definitely will not pay $300,000 for this view. If I can make 12% ie $36,000 per year on this sum, is a lot of money.

price
31-10-12, 21:32
$300,000 could let me DP another property elsewhere! :scared-5:

Pynchmail
31-10-12, 21:51
$300,000 could let me DP another property elsewhere! :scared-5:

No lah, assuming loan 80%, you only have $60,000 for down payment.

jacelynchia
31-10-12, 21:58
perhaps, let jacelynchia come back here six years later, ie after staying there for two years, and give us her honest opinion.

For me, definitely will not pay $300,000 for this view. If I can make 12% ie $36,000 per year on this sum, is a lot of money.

Sure, I will give my honest opinion.
Building whatever is not as good as having balconies beacuse chances of using is little. View is bonus.
Actually pricing for me is no issue, It lies with if you really like the place.
Then again, own preferences are subjective.

I don't find arguing about the price is meaningful because what is done is done, we signed above the dotted line willingly and happily.

No matter what skies buyers say, It's not accepted so
I guess only future resale prices can really show if people would pay for the view but now It's really still too early to tell.

Given the sales of more than 80% in a month over at high pricing.
I wonder how much are the two plots beside skies going to sell for in the future?

Laguna
31-10-12, 22:20
well, Jacelyn, so long you and your family are happy, then money is well invested.

If got chance, I would like to invite you to see my place and enjoy my balcony. It is pool view in a very nicely done up condo.

Night
31-10-12, 22:21
Not sure where this 300k come from but during VVIP, for 3bdrms, the 7th floor should be ard 1.13mil. Every lvl up is in incremental of 20k. Even so downpayment at 5% is only 55k+.

Also taking reference from Eco Santuary, some info from the kind forumers there showed that the indicative price for the 3bdroom is 1.18mil. Very similar size and layout with SM as well. How would SM compared to Eco then?

Eco
http://ecosanctuary1.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/Eco-Sanctuary-3BD.png
SM
http://www.skies-miltonia.sg/floorplans/skies-miltonia-floorplans-C1-02.gif

jacelynchia
31-10-12, 22:55
well, Jacelyn, so long you and your family are happy, then money is well invested.

If got chance, I would like to invite you to see my place and enjoy my balcony. It is pool view in a very nicely done up condo.

Thank you for the offer!
Maybe Nearing TOP, I can steal some ideas from your place!:D

einnoc
01-11-12, 14:31
Having living in the north for the past 25 years, i must admit that SM location is not exactly the best if u r talking abt convenience by foot/bus.

However, i believe most of SM buyers drive and with the BTOS coming up, it will not need 4years for more buses to frequent here. In fact, this year, they already announced one more bus number for Yishun ppl :) The nearest grocery shopping is a small NTUC @ OCC. Wet mkt+ sheng siong + bigger NTUC are just 5mins drive. Northpt & 2 MRT stations r abt 7 mins drive away.

I love the serenity and the peacefulness. It is kinda difficult to find a place where u can see peaceful water(not those w ships) & a golf course at the same time now. To me, the selling point for SM is more towards a peaceful lifestyle. If your needs is convenience, The Estuary will be more for you. Great reservoir view & near to mrt station. However, the noise might be a problem if you can't tolerate the noisy road + stadium.

Pricewise, i do find SM to be ex. But compare to Nautical & 8 courtyards, won't u pay a bit more for peace and view?:)

jacelynchia
01-11-12, 18:46
Having living in the north for the past 25 years, i must admit that SM location is not exactly the best if u r talking abt convenience by foot/bus.

However, i believe most of SM buyers drive and with the BTOS coming up, it will not need 4years for more buses to frequent here. In fact, this year, they already announced one more bus number for Yishun ppl :) The nearest grocery shopping is a small NTUC @ OCC. Wet mkt+ sheng siong + bigger NTUC are just 5mins drive. Northpt & 2 MRT stations r abt 7 mins drive away.

I love the serenity and the peacefulness. It is kinda difficult to find a place where u can see peaceful water(not those w ships) & a golf course at the same time now. To me, the selling point for SM is more towards a peaceful lifestyle. If your needs is convenience, The Estuary will be more for you. Great reservoir view & near to mrt station. However, the noise might be a problem if you can't tolerate the noisy road + stadium.

Pricewise, i do find SM to be ex. But compare to Nautical & 8 courtyards, won't u pay a bit more for peace and view?:)

There will be a small shopping mall coming up soon opposite miltonia area, I think the mall will be good as It will cater the other yet to be announced developments as there are 6 more pieces of land at miltonia close.
When all fully developed, will it be considered as a exclusive address?

Was told that skies is more than 80% sold in less than a month now, any forumners bought skies townhouses?

Night
05-11-12, 10:17
Hi, It is 80% sold now!

Mailbox full, still 80%?

jacelynchia
05-11-12, 14:15
Mailbox full, still 80%?

Hi, more than 80% sold in a month now.:)
The townhouses may take a while to sell.

p3nboy
08-11-12, 08:54
As much as I sympathise with your situation, honestly I do not think anything could be done about it from a legal perspective. From developer's standpoint, it is a classic case of caveat emptor. Since u guys signed on the dotted line, really there is no incentive for the developer now to amend the original terms of the contract, contact all buyers, and come to a new legally enforceable position that caters to the needs of all the affected buyers. There is no upside, only downside from the perspective of increased legal and admin costs, possible delays in the project and of course, slower to collect the monies with each stage of completion.

My advice is to talk with your ID and see how to salvage the situation. The layout is challenging, but not insurmountable. Is the kitchen window a full length window? If not, the cooker could be shifted be right in front of the window. The whole length of the cabinet along the cooker side could be removed. The chute could then be easily accessible.

If the kitchen cabinet is insufficient, a possibility is to set up a row of cabinets as a dry kitchen along the HS wall. Can always explore with the ID. Possible the whole thing will set u back by 3-4k, but certainly much better than a sub-optimal situation which u will have to live with on a daily basis in time to come.

thank you, my wife is ID.

p3nboy
08-11-12, 09:31

you like this?

http://s223.beta.photobucket.com/user/malibuphoto/media/IMG_1969.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/malibuphoto/media/IMG_1969.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=1352341676490006082730034619621

sunrise
09-11-12, 09:03
Hi, It is 80% sold now!

today newspaper shows 75% only. that a lot of differences.

aliceylt
09-11-12, 09:26

Officially left 99 units!

Check www.sgskiesmiltonia.net for more updates.

jacelynchia
09-11-12, 11:19

:doh: It is my mistake :o , news were given to me by agent.
Agent may only given me estimate and only the sales condo units not inclusive of townhouses.

75 % is not too bad as well given that the price attracted so much attention and comparison to the nautical, which is significantly cheaper!

danntbt
10-11-12, 05:28
http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=skies-miltonia

danntbt
10-11-12, 20:33
http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/trends-and-analysis/residential?p=skies-miltonia
.....it is interesting to note that the development is bought by Sporean and PR only....no foreigner at all......Foresque has abt 7.5% foreign purchaser, Hillier about 12%, estuary about 4.7%.....

Night
10-11-12, 20:55
.....it is interesting to note that the development is bought by Sporean and PR only....no foreigner at all......Foresque has abt 7.5% foreign purchaser, Hillier about 12%, estuary about 4.7%.....

Seem like the ABSD having some effect on the foreigners for the recent new launches.

jacelynchia
10-11-12, 22:03

How about the nearby launches and projects?
I think will be taken up by foreigners once the private school from Dubai (Gems) open for business.

danntbt
11-11-12, 05:29
How about the nearby launches and projects?
I think will be taken up by foreigners once the private school from Dubai (Gems) open for business.

ECO Bedok has 9% foreign take-ups, nearby not so recent, Canberra has about 4.7% and 8 courtyard 7.5%; don't think its a matter of TOP date or school, but looking at it positively you could probably rent out to those who consider Dubai School as a plus point, but you probably look at the townhouses as expat with families would need space.

Shanhz
11-11-12, 05:54

Foreigners dun like overpriced golf course view, with no nearby amenities and mrt. :banghead:

Pikachu1245
11-11-12, 08:20

Perhaps foreigners (being short term) stay here is waiting to rent only as some of them will work at Seletar Air Hub? If so, got potential for investment for those buying SKIES Miltonia. Smart and Good choice....:D

Pikachu1245
11-11-12, 08:24
\

Friday lah. There is a word call Family. Cannot always stn here at CondoSingapore. No wonder i felt some1 was missing me when watching TV:D

Sometimes, i MIA (missing in action) for few weeks (many north bros are aware). This forum is not everytin lah.

All areas are protected as of now. No cause of alarm.

Well Said...

sunrise
11-11-12, 08:31
Perhaps foreigners (being short term) stay here is waiting to rent only as some of them will work at Seletar Air Hub? If so, got potential for investment for those buying SKIES Miltonia. Smart and Good choice....:D

17% of living space goes to balconies (air space)
You call that a good choice? :doh:

Pikachu1245
11-11-12, 08:34
17% of living space goes to balconies (air space)
You call that a good choice? :doh:

Balconies with reservoir view. Only a handful in Singapore? Why not?:2cents:

sunrise
11-11-12, 08:43
Balconies with reservoir view. Only a handful in Singapore? Why not?:2cents:

if i were to own a unit there i will starts collecting remote controlled airplanes and transform my balconies into runway. my planes goes flying golf couse and reservoirs. that will be more meaningful. :D SMA

jacelynchia
11-11-12, 11:56
ECO Bedok has 9% foreign take-ups, nearby not so recent, Canberra has about 4.7% and 8 courtyard 7.5%; don't think its a matter of TOP date or school, but looking at it positively you could probably rent out to those who consider Dubai School as a plus point, but you probably look at the townhouses as expat with families would need space.

Now It's really too early to tell but judging from skies sales and upcoming facilities, There will be be demand.
Besides, Agent told me the mall opp miltonia area is confirmed.

I think the 10 townhouses are very pricey and without views, not a threat.

danntbt
11-11-12, 13:53
Now It's really too early to tell but judging from skies sales and upcoming facilities, There will be be demand.

Actually, if expat families want to rent, Shaughnessy would be the choice, and based on the selling price of 1.8M, its a better investment if you want to consider SM Townhouse. Many of the expat teachers I know in International schools go for space. They would also love MR's high ceilings.

Kanarazu
11-11-12, 14:03
Actually, if expat families want to rent, Shaughnessy would be the choice, and based on the selling price of 1.8M, its a better investment if you want to consider SM Townhouse. Many of the expat teachers I know in International schools go for space. They would also love MR's high ceilings.

What's the ceiling height for MR and SM?

danntbt
11-11-12, 15:52
What's the ceiling height for MR and SM?
MR: 3.1 to 3.5 for the average units and up to 5.3 for certain ground floor units.
was interested when it was launched but waited too long to decide.

SM: I am not sure.

Shanhz
11-11-12, 18:55
The premium cost more than the compact just for the extra toilet and a yard which its not really worth it. Skies is one of the few condos where it makes sense to have a balcony.

I supposed you gotten lvl 12 based $1.2mil?

For the extra toilet in the kitchen, i am wondering if anybody has tried sealing up the toilet and converting into a storeroom, build some cabinets or whatsover?

Cryingfreeman
11-11-12, 19:30
For the extra toilet in the kitchen, i am wondering if anybody has tried sealing up the toilet and converting into a storeroom, build some cabinets or whatsover?
I did for my previous house. Seal the wc man hole and use it as laundry room

Shanhz
11-11-12, 20:48
I did for my previous house. Seal the wc man hole and use it as laundry room

that is nice. can you take it one step further and inform PUB, then no need to pay the toilet fees for that toilet?

jacelynchia
11-11-12, 20:53

I beg to differ, I do know shaugnessy owners who bought skies and joined the fun on preview day!
MR is also good but too bad I missed it, so bite the bullet to take skies.
Actually I believe the views units will be at advantage at least for me given the high price, I would insist on getting one with good views in a quality project.

The ceiling height of skies should be 2.8 or 2.9m.

danntbt
11-11-12, 21:33
I beg to differ, I do know shaugnessy owners who bought skies and joined the fun on preview day!
MR is also good but too bad I missed it, so bite the bullet to take skies.
Actually I believe the views units will be at advantage at least for me given the high price, I would insist on getting one with good views in a quality project.

The ceiling height of skies should be 2.8 or 2.9m.
....you have every right to differ, no need to beg-lah......good luck then.

jacelynchia
11-11-12, 21:35
....you have every right to differ, no need to beg-lah......good luck then.

Haha, It is just a phrase lah, You're thinking too deep unless you are guilty as charged? :D

danntbt
11-11-12, 22:33
Haha, It is just a phrase lah, You're thinking too deep unless you are guilty as charged? :D
....guilty of what? ....thinking deep helps makes wise decision....... open mindedness also important..........buying property entails risk, nobody is infallible, look at Mr basic....making mistakes are good too if we learn from them...and we can afford them. Overly emotional and over reliant on guts feeling without knowing enough of the market can be risky, making it too much of a gamble. You have thrown the dice, just hope the numbers are favorable.

Cryingfreeman
11-11-12, 22:37
that is nice. can you take it one step further and inform PUB, then no need to pay the toilet fees for that toilet?
Yes I did save $3 per month $36 per year X 2.5years =$91 before I sell it

jacelynchia
12-11-12, 00:49
....guilty of what? ....thinking deep helps makes wise decision....... open mindedness also important..........buying property entails risk, nobody is infallible, look at Mr basic....making mistakes are good too if we learn from them...and we can afford them. Overly emotional and over reliant on guts feeling without knowing enough of the market can be risky, making it too much of a gamble. You have thrown the dice, just hope the numbers are favorable.

Wow! What was that for? Now's who getting over emotional? haha
Don't get so worked up!! I am not even worrying, told you I'm confident!

If not to my favor then just stay since Fengshui master also bought, Fengshui must be benefiting owners there and he can help me out at my unit as well and many other units. :D

Laguna
12-11-12, 05:24
I think the developer need to pay a big fee to the FS master for buying an unit there.

I forgot to add, even a FSM bot an unit there, it does not mean all units there are good. It depends on the facing, your own life reading etc.

The unit could be good for him but very bad for u

lajia
12-11-12, 06:56
I think u can talk to the developer, converting it into a store room would be wise and save $$ :D
Imptly, u don't need to wash them :D

I have done that before...

Shanhz
12-11-12, 08:26

cool i think i will do that
not to save the $$$ lah, need more space in the MM 3BR apartment
but since already removed toilet, might as well save on PUB

Shanhz
12-11-12, 08:29
I think the developer need to pay a big fee to the FS master for buying an unit there.

I forgot to add, even a FSM bot an unit there, it does not mean all units there are good. It depends on the facing, your own life reading etc.

The unit could be good for him but very bad for u

if indeed FS was the starting point for the developer as part of the marketing plan, most likely they give him super discount. just like david beckham "bought" a few units in dubai - palm, and then everybody follow.

but if it was the FSM who ownself "discovered" the good FS and nothign to do with developer, then i dun think much impact.

well we can check the caveats once they are out.

and you are right, not all units will have good FS. it depends on the direction. currently period 8, there are indeed some directions in SM that are good, but not all.

sunrise
12-11-12, 10:07
Wow! What was that for? Now's who getting over emotional? haha
Don't get so worked up!! I am not even worrying, told you I'm confident!

If not to my favor then just stay since Fengshui master also bought, Fengshui must be benefiting owners there and he can help me out at my unit as well and many other units. :D

one last word from the fengshui master "sell your unit and get mine"
300k up.

sorry jacelyn... is top up.

jacelynchia
12-11-12, 13:42
one last word from the fengshui master "sell your unit and get mine"
300k up.

sorry jacelyn... is top up.

Hahaha, your imagination sure runs wild.:D
He has a dual key unit there which he may wants to stay there and rent/sell at the same time so more practical to earn here and there at skies instead.

Maybe those who doubt his purchases can check with relevant Govt authorities, don't see why Developer has to risk given that the Fengshui master bought after preview day!
As far That I am concern, My unit has good Fengshui.:)

Shanhz
12-11-12, 14:05

hi, did you have any problem with the sale? i mean... some people will say that they need the toilet. so find excuse to cut your price

Nighttrain
13-11-12, 22:40
hi, did you have any problem with the sale? i mean... some people will say that they need the toilet. so find excuse to cut your price
Yes .. My buyer made me build back the toilet bowl and the floor before I hand over the unit to him as part of the sale.. Need to hack the wall to find back the conceal pipe to install shower mixer

Shanhz
14-11-12, 05:53
Yes .. My buyer made me build back the toilet bowl and the floor before I hand over the unit to him as part of the sale.. Need to hack the wall to find back the conceal pipe to install shower mixer

hmm... good point. do you remember how much it costed you?

danntbt
14-11-12, 06:50
Here's a map of land-use under MP 2008:

Grey-Airport
Maroon - Businesses
Peach - Residential
Light Green - Park
Dark - Green - Natural Vegtation/Reserve
Yellow - reserve
Blue - Commercial
Light Blue - Water
Red - Worship
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8479/8183595028_604c65eb48_o.jpg

Shanhz
14-11-12, 07:40
thanks.. look like the shopping centre that was promised diagonally oppo SM is actually place of worship

Noexit
14-11-12, 08:16
But I think end of the day U could always chose not to sell if they want you to make good back the orginial part. I am sure there will be some other buyers out there will be very interested in Ur interior desgin :rolleyes:

Shanhz
14-11-12, 19:53
thanks.. look like the shopping centre that was promised diagonally oppo SM is actually place of worship

sorry i see salah. should be "reserved site"

Shanhz
14-11-12, 20:02
100% Confirmed. Gems international school is coming to Yishun. Some changes to masterplan 2008. I know where is the exact location. Will announce very soon.

Thanks lifeline & aang.

where can we find the changes to the masterplan 2008?

Shanhz
18-11-12, 15:35
based on contract dates cut-off on 1/11/12:

average prices for:
1BR: 1103psf (excluding one outlier)
2BR: 1011psf
3BR: 1021psf (excluding 2 outliers)

should expect psf to go up as these are the early birds.

einnoc
19-11-12, 10:21
may i know what is outlier?
Did u buy SM too?

Shanhz
19-11-12, 10:29
Did u buy SM too?

1BR outlier - 911psf for 624sqft (level 1)
3BR outlier - 1233psf for 1076sqft (level 11)
879 psf for 1098sqft (level 1)

looks like level 1 have very low psf due to PES.

btw fengshui master got his penthouse very cheap - 729psf for 2863sqft. $2,088,000, nice price too.

yah, me too, another sucker who bought overpriced D27.

danntbt
19-11-12, 12:28
Not sure where this 300k come from but during VVIP, for 3bdrms, the 7th floor should be ard 1.13mil. Every lvl up is in incremental of 20k. Even so downpayment at 5% is only 55k+.

Also taking reference from Eco Santuary, some info from the kind forumers there showed that the indicative price for the 3bdroom is 1.18mil. Very similar size and layout with SM as well. How would SM compared to Eco then?

Eco
http://ecosanctuary1.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/Eco-Sanctuary-3BD.png
SM
http://www.skies-miltonia.sg/floorplans/skies-miltonia-floorplans-C1-02.gif

Big chunks of space taken out for Master bedrooms' balcony, Bomb shelter and longer corridoor to bedrooms for Sky.
Reservoir view for premium units.
Aerospace noise? Lentor Jam.
Upcoming Mall.
Upcoming developments in surrounding sites.
V shape site layout - middle blocks might feel enclosed by the two side wingts for mid/lower floors.
Sky Gym.
Orchid CC.

ECo seems more space allocated for interior- living/dining.
No Bomb shelter.
3.5m ceiling
Additional Master Bathroom door opens to balcony?
Forest view for higher unblocked units.
BKE noise? ..and some say insects noise.
Petir/Diary farm exit to BKE Jam?Upcoming mall.
Spaced out blocks, especially block C.
sky deck with link bridge between Block A and B.

Both have small and dark kitchen with no yard....

Think ECo with better facing and higher floor might cost cost more based on indicative price, so which is better?

sunrise
19-11-12, 12:41
Big chunks of space taken out for Master bedrooms' balcony, Bomb shelter and longer corridoor to bedrooms for Sky.
Reservoir view for premium units.
Aerospace noise? Lentor Jam.
Upcoming Mall.
V shape site layout - middle blocks might feel enclosed by the two side wingts for mid/lower floors.
Sky Gym.
Orchid CC.

ECo seems more space allocated for interior- living/dining.
No Bomb shelter.
3.5m ceiling
Additional Master Bathroom door opens to balcony?
Forest view for higher unblocked units.
BKE noise? ..and some say insects noise.
Petir/Diary farm exit to BKE Jam?Upcoming mall.
Spaced out blocks, especially block C.
sky deck with link bridge between Block A and B.

Both have small and dark kitchen with no yard....

Think ECo with better facing and higher floor might cost cost more based on indicative price, so which is better?

of couse dairy farmers, situated next to landed house.

einnoc
19-11-12, 13:10
welcome :)

danntbt
19-11-12, 14:13
you like this?

http://s223.beta.photobucket.com/user/malibuphoto/media/IMG_1969.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/malibuphoto/media/IMG_1969.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=1352341676490006082730034619621
...Andaman Quayside? Not bad....

Pikachu1245
21-11-12, 21:52
of couse dairy farmers, situated next to landed house.

which is near to Nature Reserve with many large trees where there may be many potential mosquitoes breeding sites?

sunrise
21-11-12, 22:15
which is near to Nature Reserve with many large trees where there may be many potential mosquitoes breeding sites?

somewhere near the golf range. its growing.

Shanhz
24-11-12, 12:56
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fAOOJr0iFVM/ULBf1H6Q60I/AAAAAAAAE-8/eBvEDT5aJCI/s800/PB241300.JPG

for those who are interested.. this is the REAL on-the-ground photo of the showflat. looks like they need to tear down the sf before construction begins? or like 8 courtyard, can maintain it in a corner while construction goes on.

anyway, notice that the trees are quite tall. i believe only the front stacks with very high floor can actually see the golf course due to the narrow width of the golf course. could be parallex error tho'.

i wonder if MR has already reached its tallest height?

jacelynchia
24-11-12, 14:01
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-fAOOJr0iFVM/ULBf1H6Q60I/AAAAAAAAE-8/eBvEDT5aJCI/s800/PB241300.JPG

for those who are interested.. this is the REAL on-the-ground photo of the showflat. looks like they need to tear down the sf before construction begins? or like 8 courtyard, can maintain it in a corner while construction goes on.

anyway, notice that the trees are quite tall. i believe only the front stacks with very high floor can actually see the golf course due to the narrow width of the golf course. could be parallex error tho'.

i wonder if MR has already reached its tallest height?

Thanks for the update, I thought they will only be starting progress next year.
Anyway I just found that skies's contractor have also built up the home for the 2 pandas at 8 million.

carbuncle
24-11-12, 14:02
lol. if the pandas dont hiam, quality of skies should b quite good...

carbuncle
24-11-12, 14:04
tall trees is needed to avoid golf balls crushing thru the windows

Kanarazu
24-11-12, 14:58
Did u buy SM too?

Outlier means extreme ends of the range.

jacelynchia
27-11-12, 12:56
The two shops in skies will be opened to public as well, is this common?

Shanhz
27-11-12, 14:19
I read in the earlier posts that the land will be raised. i wonder if it's the land that's going to be raised, or the building itself. like this?

http://i49.tinypic.com/2u61ac6.jpg

the promotional video dun seem to be like this. so i guess raising the land sounds more likely. how do they do it? landscaping with hills?

jacelynchia
27-11-12, 15:19
I read in the earlier posts that the land will be raised. i wonder if it's the land that's going to be raised, or the building itself. like this?

http://i49.tinypic.com/2u61ac6.jpg

the promotional video dun seem to be like this. so i guess raising the land sounds more likely. how do they do it? landscaping with hills?

Agent told me it's raising the land by 3 meters, this move is to benefit the owners at 6 floors and above to get better views.

The shop info I got from http://121sg.com/skies-miltonia-new-yishun-condo-preview/skies-miltonia-new-yishun-condo-model-update-002/

jacelynchia
27-11-12, 16:34
Just saw this review on skies, wanted to share.
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Skies+Miltonia+at+Yishun+looking+stellar%2C+promises+a+great+view+of+the+reservoir/

The mandarin name for skies will be out soon, will be named by the Fengshui master, I predict there will be another series of advertising to push sales.

Kanarazu
27-11-12, 21:38

Based on max allowed angle of 22 degree for landscaping and road buffer of 7.5m, the height of the landscape is exactly 3m. Height = distance x tan(angle).

Night
27-11-12, 21:43
tall trees is needed to avoid golf balls crushing thru the windows

SM is fronted by MR, unless the golfer is Tiger Woods :p

Shanhz
27-11-12, 21:44
Based on max allowed angle of 22 degree for landscaping and road buffer of 7.5m, the height of the landscape is exactly 3m. Height = distance x tan(angle).

wow.. you architect isit? :)
the 7.5m refers to the width of miltonia close?

Night
27-11-12, 21:46
Just saw this review on skies, wanted to share.
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Skies+Miltonia+at+Yishun+looking+stellar%2C+promises+a+great+view+of+the+reservoir/

The mandarin name for skies will be out soon, will be named by the Fengshui master, I predict there will be another series of advertising to push sales.

Indeed, sat papers have an advert on Skies which quoted the FM.

Kanarazu
27-11-12, 21:47
wow.. you architect isit? :)
the 7.5m refers to the width of miltonia close?

Me no architect, regretted not being one though. :) It's the road buffer requirement for category 4 road.

Shanhz
27-11-12, 21:50
Me no architect, regretted not being one though. :) It's the road buffer requirement for category 4 road.

thanks, that was most helpful. something new learnt today

Kanarazu
28-11-12, 05:41
thanks, that was most helpful. something new learnt today

Dun mention it...
Development control guidelines on landscape deck:
http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/landscape/index.htm

Shanhz
28-11-12, 09:12
Dun mention it...
Development control guidelines on landscape deck:
http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/landscape/index.htm

thanks, that's most helpful again.
if i'm not wrong, estuary is somewhat built on this basis as well. have you seen it before?

einnoc
28-11-12, 10:54
hi all, just wondering if any1 can tell me how come i still can't see my price for my 3bedder unit? Can u spot yr unit price here?
https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/submitSearch.do;jsessionid=Np2rQ1KbpnmtLvKqRlrsYBpTyRg2HNrdjTc5gsN4vz8zmQyDYlfY!-610889780

Shanhz
28-11-12, 11:31
hi all, just wondering if any1 can tell me how come i still can't see my price for my 3bedder unit? Can u spot yr unit price here?
https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/transaction/submitSearch.do;jsessionid=Np2rQ1KbpnmtLvKqRlrsYBpTyRg2HNrdjTc5gsN4vz8zmQyDYlfY!-610889780

i think depends on when your lawyer lodge the caveat. you might want to check with them

Trigger
28-11-12, 14:39
I finally visited the showroom last week after reading the thread here. How much would you say the price of the remaining available units has gone up since launch?

Shanhz
28-11-12, 14:53
I finally visited the showroom last week after reading the thread here. How much would you say the price of the remaining available units has gone up since launch?

as far as i am aware.. it went up to 2 times.. one round was by quantum (3k each), and 2nd round by 2% (reduction of discount, to be exact).

hearsay prior to the above, there was a 3% up but i din see that earlier pricelist, so can't confirm.

btw if you need someone to fight for a discount for you, let me know

Trigger
28-11-12, 16:32
as far as i am aware.. it went up to 2 times.. one round was by quantum (3k each), and 2nd round by 2% (reduction of discount, to be exact).

hearsay prior to the above, there was a 3% up but i din see that earlier pricelist, so can't confirm.

btw if you need someone to fight for a discount for you, let me know

I think its a nice development, but i'm just not familiar enough with the North area. I thought the prices quoted to me was on the high side, but guess from what you say it could be reasonable for the early batch of people going in.

jacelynchia
28-11-12, 16:34
I think its a nice development, but i'm just not familiar enough with the North area. I thought the prices quoted to me was on the high side, but guess from what you say it could be reasonable for the early batch of people going in.

If you are interested, you can ask shanhz, he also bought after preview day.

Kanarazu
28-11-12, 17:47
thanks, that's most helpful again.
if i'm not wrong, estuary is somewhat built on this basis as well. have you seen it before?

Yes seems like a trend now. With the elevated landscape there is also expectation to use less opaque fences for boundaries rather than brick wall fences to improve ventilation as well as aesthetics.

Shanhz
29-11-12, 07:44

bro, depends on what you are looking for really. this part of north, there's the aerospace hub as potential, and also hdb sprouting up everywhere so after 2-3 years, it should be bustling with activity. so food, bus services, etc, should be okay. the only grouch is MRT will never come here. OCC next door is great.

it will be very exclusive. the way i see them plan, i believe yishun could one day be the next punggol (dunno when tho), because yishun has lots of water front spaces that are yet to be developed. likely, the outer fringe will be condos and the inner fringe hdb. want to see water, better buy condo.

i have lived in this area since 1995, so i am comfortable with it. also, buying it for personal reason so the lack of MRT is not a major concern. planning for own stay.

Miltonia
29-11-12, 08:11
It makes sense to buy as the whole stretch will be condo's and supported by HDB upgraders from Yishun, Sembawang and probably Woodlands. In the mean time, bear with the construction and lack of amenities. Expressway improvements and a new fly over at aerospace is in progress.

Shanhz
29-11-12, 09:23
interesting to see that the plot of land for SM was already marked out in 2003. this part of yishun was so sparsely populated back then.

but it is all filled up now with BTOs and more land is being cleared. and all this happened after may 2011

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-U8oXSVn2O80/ULbGVyDYMVI/AAAAAAAAFBE/TVTLnFiaGgA/s800/miltonia%2520close%2520oct%252003.jpg

Noexit
29-11-12, 10:01
Yup is all part of the URA planning but whichever planning come, it still had to depend on the local demands and the ecomonic condition before these plan will be announce and set. :sleep:

Look like ten years ago the suburban area was hot then and I remember that time Punggol 21 n etc :cheers5: private was not as hot then and with EC still new and uncertain of the future market.

Unlike nowadays, shelter is still a need and the raising is always climbing slowly up :millie:

interesting to see that the plot of land for SM was already marked out in 2003. this part of yishun was so sparsely populated back then.

but it is all filled up now with BTOs and more land is being cleared. and all this happened after may 2011

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-U8oXSVn2O80/ULbGVyDYMVI/AAAAAAAAFBE/TVTLnFiaGgA/s800/miltonia%2520close%2520oct%252003.jpg

einnoc
29-11-12, 14:45
The two shops in skies will be opened to public as well, is this common?

Has this been affirmed? Sounds dangerous if public can walk in n out freely.

Komo
29-11-12, 14:47
Has this been affirmed? Sounds dangerous if public can walk in n out freely.
the shops are outside. residents have to walk out of the estate out of the gate :(

jacelynchia
29-11-12, 16:28
the shops are outside. residents have to walk out of the estate out of the gate :(

I thought residents will have different access to the shops apart from public?

Komo
29-11-12, 16:44
I thought residents will have different access to the shops apart from public?
that's what the agent told me when I examined the model. I also noticed there is no shelter to the shop.

jacelynchia
29-11-12, 16:49
that's what the agent told me when I examined the model. I also noticed there is no shelter to the shop.

http://121sg.com/skies-miltonia-new-yishun-condo-preview/skies-miltonia-new-yishun-condo-model-update-002/

Hi, It's written different entry and I do see shelter on shops.

Kanarazu
29-11-12, 19:16
http://121sg.com/skies-miltonia-new-yishun-condo-preview/skies-miltonia-new-yishun-condo-model-update-002/

Hi, It's written different entry and I do see shelter on shops.

Can't see any walkway shelter to the side gate.

jacelynchia
29-11-12, 19:32

You're going so detailed, If no walkway shelter then must hold umbrella all the way.
I think should have but still have to see the actual product to confirm.

Komo
29-11-12, 20:09
not a big issue. in future can get management to do an upgrade with sheltered walkway to the shop. :D

Shanhz
29-11-12, 20:46

i believe it should be a little gate behind the shop, so we can't see it from the model. there should be a little path with shelter.

Kanarazu
29-11-12, 21:50
i believe it should be a little gate behind the shop, so we can't see it from the model. there should be a little path with shelter.

From the site plan looks like there is indeed a rear entrance to the shops but doesn't look sheltered. Do fully covered walkways incur any bonus GFA or contribute to site build-up area? If yes, maybe that's the reason why it wasn't built.

Komo
29-11-12, 21:53
show room still there... can check it out double confirm :D :D

phantom_opera
30-11-12, 15:11
very impressed with such psf

$1,254 PSF IN NOV 2012 FOR A 1,076-SQFT UNIT

jacelynchia
30-11-12, 17:35

This is impressive and shocking as well.
Nov-12 ,1237 Psf at 1356 SQFT , $1,678,000.

lajia
30-11-12, 18:42
This is the situation now, not only SM I believe...comment like u shock, I surprise, etc...actually who is buying when we all thought the price is high?? And it goes higher and higher? Must interview one of those buyer here...:D

Hey any buyer out there who just bought at $1237 psf onwards, can please step forward and share your feeling? It will help to satisfy our curiosity...:p

Shanhz
30-11-12, 20:50

10th storey

8th storey

Nighttrain
30-11-12, 20:56
10th storey

8th storey
Wow sm so x. Can buy fr 4 bedded

Night
30-11-12, 20:57
10th storey

8th storey

Bro, how did you managed to tell which storey are those?

Shanhz
30-11-12, 21:00
Wow sm so x. Can buy fr 4 bedded

exx still can sell 80%... these guys really good at marketing

Shanhz
30-11-12, 21:01
Bro, how did you managed to tell which storey are those?

bro, i subscribe to property insights. was tracking the trends of resale. the site gives you the exact unit number, in fact. but now that i bot BUC leow, will not be renewing my subscription

Night
30-11-12, 21:04
bro, i subscribe to property insights. was tracking the trends of resale. the site gives you the exact unit number, in fact. but now that i bot BUC leow, will not be renewing my subscription

Ic, but those 2 SM units number wun be available since they are not resale right rite

Shanhz
30-11-12, 21:06
Ic, but those 2 SM units number wun be available since they are not resale right rite

the site gives resale and new. in fact, everything. even subsale. so i was tracking estuary sub-sale vs SM and i must agree SM is a better buy.

i din post the unit nos here to maintain some privacy lah. if u want to know, i will pm you

Night
30-11-12, 21:13
the site gives resale and new. in fact, everything. even subsale. so i was tracking estuary sub-sale vs SM and i must agree SM is a better buy.

i din post the unit nos here to maintain some privacy lah. if u want to know, i will pm you

Cool, how come the URA one dun show the unit number :(
Any idea what's the highest psf so far for the 969 sf?

Night
30-11-12, 21:15
Finally got foreigner buy , Buyer profile by status#

Singaporeans 82.8%, PR 15.6%, Foreigner 1.6%, Company 0.0%

Seem like alot of rich HDB buyers/upgraders, buyer profile by purchaser address#

HDB 64.1%, Private 35.9%

Shanhz
30-11-12, 21:19
Cool, how come the URA one dun show the unit number :(
Any idea what's the highest psf so far for the 969 sf?

1234psf for 11th storey

Night
30-11-12, 21:20
1234psf for 11th storey

Thanks Bro.

Shanhz
30-11-12, 21:20
Finally got foreigner buy , Buyer profile by status#

Singaporeans 82.8%, PR 15.6%, Foreigner 1.6%, Company 0.0%

Seem like alot of rich HDB buyers/upgraders, buyer profile by purchaser address#

HDB 64.1%, Private 35.9%

yah, quite surprisingly, HDB pple quite rich even at this stage with all the CMs. but the last CM probably forced some into the mkt in fear of MTB with future CMs.

Night
30-11-12, 21:24
yah, quite surprisingly, HDB pple quite rich even at this stage with all the CMs. but the last CM probably forced some into the mkt in fear of MTB with future CMs.

Do you mean CM6? CM6 came into effect the day after the vvip launch for SM. I MTB for MR, TH and FR blk 103, so bo bianz, haiz.

Nighttrain
30-11-12, 21:25
News say that land and material price increasing so housing price will still climbing :doh:

lifeline
30-11-12, 22:39
Thanks Bro.

i think Shanhz is a lady. hope i din interpret wrongly.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=337985&postcount=23

Shanhz
01-12-12, 06:53
i think Shanhz is a lady. hope i din interpret wrongly.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=337985&postcount=23

wah.. stalker... :scared-4:

lifeline
01-12-12, 09:59

no la, just helping you correct the wrongful address. :)
in fact your answer left a deep impression on me! esp when you shared quite a number of useful posts. :) :)

Night
01-12-12, 10:06

Opps, didn't know you were a sis.

Shanhz
04-12-12, 15:48
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4DefOqHzqHs/UL24VcWHdXI/AAAAAAAAFBc/tHucEYUvGVM/s800/IMG_1720.JPG

i reckon SM will be elevated 3m like this (see the ventilation grilles of the basement carpark?)... same as estuary.

jacelynchia
04-12-12, 16:35
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4DefOqHzqHs/UL24VcWHdXI/AAAAAAAAFBc/tHucEYUvGVM/s800/IMG_1720.JPG

i reckon SM will be elevated 3m like this (see the ventilation grilles of the basement carpark?)... same as estuary.

I thought Sm don't have basement carpark, only underground carpark?
From video, I don't see SM the same like this.

Kanarazu
04-12-12, 19:06
I thought Sm don't have basement carpark, only underground carpark?
From video, I don't see SM the same like this.

What's the difference between underground and basement car park? Same same?

jacelynchia
04-12-12, 19:59
What's the difference between underground and basement car park? Same same?

I don't really know but basement car park to me is can be seen like this one but underground is fully hidden, can't see at all.
Outdoor car park consist of many levels of car park on a specific area.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Komo
04-12-12, 20:01
didn't notice whether sm land is a high ground. that part of estuary is and hence the basement carpark is above ground. somemore that part of the road is sloping down, making the basement carpark appear higher and trees lower:)

jacelynchia
04-12-12, 20:25
didn't notice whether sm land is a high ground. that part of estuary is and hence the basement carpark is above ground. somemore that part of the road is sloping down, making the basement carpark appear higher and trees lower:)

You bought estuary right? Post some pictures!:)
Have you got the keys?

Kanarazu
04-12-12, 20:32
I don't really know but basement car park to me is can be seen like this one but underground is fully hidden, can't see at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I see. These days it's a green feature to have natural lighting into the car park so some car parks are built like this. One of the ways to get greenmark.

Night
04-12-12, 20:44

Correct me if I'm wrong.

i think SM carpark should be underground basement carpark. If carpark is below level 1 of building, should be considered basement. B1, B2... If fully above ground or side beside with building, should be considered multistorey carpark.

Night
04-12-12, 20:46

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Be glad SM carpark cannot see thru the bottom of the swimming pool, else not safe for you to swim :p

jacelynchia
04-12-12, 20:59
Be glad SM carpark cannot see thru the bottom of the swimming pool, else not safe for you to swim :p

hahaha!:p
A relieve to all the ladies!

Cryingfreeman
04-12-12, 23:33
hahaha!:p
A relieve to all the ladies!
Washing car will not be as fun as washing it at es car park !!

jacelynchia
04-12-12, 23:41

:doh: :scared-4: :scared-5: , You're sick in the head! haha

Shanhz
05-12-12, 04:17

buy a 2nd unit at ES. when need to wash car, drive over ES to wash.

Nighttrain
05-12-12, 06:16
buy a 2nd unit at ES. when need to wash car, drive over ES to wash.
Got think of that ! But if the rental not good for the both unit ... Than I will cry

Komo
05-12-12, 07:57
Got think of that ! But if the rental not good for the both unit ... Than I will cry
one stay one rent will be good:D ;)

aang1971
05-12-12, 08:11
one stay one rent will be good:D ;)
In this case hold on to HDB for rental better. Or buy central area older development.

Dun forget 2014 n 2015 a lot of developments TOP.

2016 GE, government will accommodate Singaporean wish to have less foreign expat n pmet.

Most businesses should have received notices of tightening measures.

So who to rent to? SMRT drivers?

Shanhz
05-12-12, 08:20
2016 GE, government will accommodate Singaporean wish to have less foreign expat n pmet.

i am not pro PAP. but govt will not accommodate by having less foreign expat and pmet. they will merely reverse their earlier wrong of blindly allowing in at all levels, tweaking the policies like the PEP to make sure the right pple come in. granted, the numbers will fall, but dun forget, "6 million" is the golden number. in addition, increase in infrastructure support will ensure that all can live in peace.

simple calculation of additional 700,000 headcounts means average of 233,333 households.

aang1971
05-12-12, 08:34
i am not pro PAP. but govt will not accommodate by having less foreign expat and pmet. they will merely reverse their earlier wrong of blindly allowing in at all levels, tweaking the policies like the PEP to make sure the right pple come in. granted, the numbers will fall, but dun forget, "6 million" is the golden number. in addition, increase in infrastructure support will ensure that all can live in peace.

simple calculation of additional 700,000 headcounts means average of 233,333 households.

I wish it was true too but it is obvious Singapore infrastructure cannot accommodate the additional head count. By election time, govt will say is a long term plan to replace aging Singaporean.

My friends who employ foreign managers are complaining that they have been given notice to consider local alternatives, as not all passes will be renewed.

Government is aware of sentiment on ground n will reverse the flows for a few years.

The productivity drive n investment is actually a mean to reduce reliance on FT.

So invest with eyes open. Plan for longterm n realistic annualized gain.

If you can hold should be ok. If not there will be people like me sniffing for a good deal when market turns

Shanhz
05-12-12, 08:55
I wish it was true too but it is obvious Singapore infrastructure cannot accommodate the additional head count. By election time, govt will say is a long term plan to replace aging Singaporean.

My friends who employ foreign managers are complaining that they have been given notice to consider local alternatives, as not all passes will be renewed.

Government is aware of sentiment on ground n will reverse the flows for a few years.

The productivity drive n investment is actually a mean to reduce reliance on FT.

So invest with eyes open. Plan for longterm n realistic annualized gain.

If you can hold should be ok. If not there will be people like me sniffing for a good deal when market turns

ppty has always been a long term game for me, so no issues.
am aware of the tightening on the ground, as i am also involved in recruitment. we do have difficulties getting nationalities like pinoys. but interestingly, malaysian in flow seems to be normal. so dun think govt is working blindly, they know what they are doing. at least now. not sure in the past. GE2011 woke them up.

aang1971
05-12-12, 09:58
ppty has always been a long term game for me, so no issues.
am aware of the tightening on the ground, as i am also involved in recruitment. we do have difficulties getting nationalities like pinoys. but interestingly, malaysian in flow seems to be normal. so dun think govt is working blindly, they know what they are doing. at least now. not sure in the past. GE2011 woke them up.

Yeah bro I agree.

Don't be influenced by those pushy property agents and their selling stories

einnoc
10-12-12, 13:40
hmm....i was wondering with so many new ECs in the mkt, the price of new houses + nearby houses just had to keep climbing as the new bidding prices also inches up. If prices of ecs+pcs+hdbs were to slip for the next election, won't they lose even more votes?

dtrax
10-12-12, 13:46
hmm....i was wondering with so many new ECs in the mkt, the price of new houses + nearby houses just had to keep climbing as the new bidding prices also inches up. If prices of ecs+pcs+hdbs were to slip for the next election, won't they lose even more votes?

mai fear.. pap already doing as much as they can riaox by: reducing loan tenure, reducing loan amount, increasing down payment, curbing developers' stunt, held ultimate trump card on influx of FT, ramp up BTO gaogao, upz stamp duties. But if everyone oppan gan cheong style, nothing they can do also

einnoc
13-12-12, 09:09
not fear for miw wor. Think we r quite safe till 2nd quatrter of 2015, but can't help praying tat rental will be able to cover installments in Yr 2016 leh...

aang1971
13-12-12, 10:37
not fear for miw wor. Think we r quite safe till 2nd quatrter of 2015, but can't help praying tat rental will be able to cover installments in Yr 2016 leh...

I hope investors are not over strecthing by hoping to rent and cover installments (actually I really hope they do it , so that if cannot afford, I can enter the market and pick up good deals)

Please invest with consideration to current financial status, do not consider rental as source of repayment income.

Interest rate will go up, US federal bank hinted that QE initative will not go on forever, and if Obama pledge about creating employment come through, it looks like 2015 to 2016 it will stop.

Funds will probably reverse and go back US/Europe or more dynanmic Asian economy like China, HK etc

We will reduce the amount of FT in the short term...there is now signs of oversupply in private residential.

So invest with care, and make sure you invest in a project that will appreciate in short term, not long term...certain area selling at certain price will probably see very slow significant capital gain.

einnoc
13-12-12, 14:48
True but love the location too much to give it a miss. So plunge in liao. Crossing my fingers.

Noexit
13-12-12, 15:30
But as long for on stay is alright, can alway stay till the market price is good and sell in future :cool:

True but love the location too much to give it a miss. So plunge in liao. Crossing my fingers.

einnoc
14-12-12, 08:03
yup...crossing my fingers n most likely staying there if that happens.

dtrax
14-12-12, 16:39
Ala Carte price list buffet menu

wendytan
19-12-12, 10:54

Might be BULLSHIT. :doh:

URA Masterplan shows NOTHING or commercial :rolleyes:

mcmlxxvi
19-12-12, 10:57
Ala Carte price list buffet menu

this stack 31 right beside rubbish centre?

einnoc
19-12-12, 13:08
i was told rubbish centre is in front of stack 2 where the entrance is. power station is near tennis court.

Shanhz
19-12-12, 13:35
stack 31 is near the shop.
stack 1 and 2 is near rubbish bin.

sis, you know exactly where is the power station?

einnoc
19-12-12, 14:51
i can't rem if it's behind stack 18 or 16 wor.

Shanhz
19-12-12, 14:55
i can't rem if it's behind stack 18 or 16 wor.

looks like behind stack 16

http://121sg.com/skies-miltonia-new-yishun-condo-preview/skies-miltonia-new-yishun-condo-model-update-009/

jacelynchia
19-12-12, 20:53
Might be BULLSHIT. :doh:

URA Masterplan shows NOTHING or commercial :rolleyes:

:tsk-tsk: , right may be bullshit now, hope future figures and finalized URA master plan can show us as well.

wendytan
19-12-12, 23:03
:tsk-tsk: , right may be bullshit now, hope future figures and finalized URA master plan can show us as well.

Mall ? Very likely in your DREAMLAND together with the agent :cool:

aang1971
20-12-12, 07:07
Mall ? Very likely in your DREAMLAND together with the agent :cool:

I hope not.

I know the agents there used very aggressive tactics to justify the high prices...which in my humble opinion is not necessary if therevis value in the deal.

But if they are selling fictional stories, it is really unfair.

At least we know Seletar Mall and mini Yishun Mixed developments are in the card...and Yishun Hub in 5 years.

Issue is, will the payback period be 5 years??

NorthernStar
20-12-12, 07:20
In concept plan 2001, there should be a LRT line pass through this area to connect to Khatib MRT.:D

Anyway, this is just concept plan. We can only hope this will be realized someday.:47:

Kanarazu
20-12-12, 07:25
In concept plan 2001, there should be a LRT line pass through this area to connect to Khatib MRT.:D

Anyway, this is just concept plan. We can only hope this will be realized someday.:47:

I think retrofitting LRT onto an existing estate like Bt Panjang is known to be problematic running it. Don't think LRT will happen.

Kanarazu
20-12-12, 07:37

Current master plan may not be accurate anymore as shown by (1) some very recent GLS having GFR higher than stated; (2) Wing Tai plot at tampines rd still showing the wrong GFR and (3) the new residential plot besides the school opposite Bartley Residences still sharing same plot number as the school and not carved out yet.

Good idea to wait for 2013 plan.

Pro888
21-12-12, 19:39
Highest @ $1336psf :scared-1:

ecimbew
21-12-12, 20:14

For this ulu part of Yishun! Wow
Nice.

solsys
21-12-12, 22:07
Laggard mature estate power...... psf record breaking...... all eyes on yishun now for the big leap with the upcoming hub.

wendytan
21-12-12, 22:20
Current master plan may not be accurate anymore as shown by (1) some very recent GLS having GFR higher than stated; (2) Wing Tai plot at tampines rd still showing the wrong GFR and (3) the new residential plot besides the school opposite Bartley Residences still sharing same plot number as the school and not carved out yet.

Good idea to wait for 2013 plan.

Don't blame me . After all it is base on URA Masterplan :D

jacelynchia
21-12-12, 23:17
Laggard mature estate power...... psf record breaking...... all eyes on yishun now for the big leap with the upcoming hub.

who knows how much the highest psf yishun hub wil be since skies highest psf at $1336, definitely higher than this!

If finalized, those can hold please do, skies already set a benchmark, yishun hub will be the ultimatum!;)

dare2
31-12-12, 21:53
That's high..where did you get the figure? URA and Square foot did not seemed to have updated their figures yet....

Extracted from Square Ft:
SM:
HISTORICAL HIGH
$1,292 PSF IN NOV 2012 FOR A 1,130-SQFT UNIT
INDICATIVE PRICE RANGE / AVERAGE*
$729 - $1,292 PSF / $1,057 PSF
HISTORICAL LOW
$729 PSF IN OCT 2012 FOR A 2,863-SQFT UNIT (FS master unit?)

compared to

Foresque:
HISTORICAL HIGH
$1,454 PSF IN OCT 2012 FOR A 463-SQFT UNIT
INDICATIVE PRICE RANGE / AVERAGE*
$937 - $1,454 PSF / $1,149 PSF
HISTORICAL LOW
$845 PSF IN JUN 2011 FOR A 2,303-SQFT UNIT

dare2
31-12-12, 22:17
who knows how much the highest psf yishun hub wil be since skies highest psf at $1336, definitely higher than this!

If finalized, those can hold please do, skies already set a benchmark, yishun hub will be the ultimatum!;)
..from investment point of view, benchmark priced purchases would not bring in the most profit. If D'Leedon and Sky Habitat is having problem selling at ave 1.6K psf.......How high do you think the Yishun Hub is gonna hit?