PDA

View Full Version : Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

fiat500
16-10-12, 16:43
The world does not revolve only around anyone.
Please move with the time.

Definitely the overpriced segment. Skies is not that overpriced.
A big thank you to all buyers of SM..
I must say it has helped to push up prices even higher for other districts!
:cheers4:

sunrise
16-10-12, 16:46
is yishun and seletar area in the red zone?

check this out: http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/

SM too far from red zone. maybe never.

Xan
16-10-12, 16:48
parc centros buyers happy like bird :D

Yes indeed.
Paid only 880psf.
Psf wise and proximity to amendities already win hands down.
You also happy like bird, your parc olympia now also looks dirt cheap. :D

terrynfs
16-10-12, 17:03
Yes indeed.
Paid only 880psf.
Psf wise and proximity to amendities already win hands down.
You also happy like bird, your parc olympia now also looks dirt cheap. :D

yes, yes, when sm is out, every other project owner is happy :D

Komo
16-10-12, 18:14
many people don't believe that yishun has potential but it's taking shape now and the pace will only get quicker:D

aang1971
16-10-12, 18:31
many people don't believe that yishun has potential but it's taking shape now and the pace will only get quicker:D

Return will be slow. Yishun will develop. But developer greedy with SM

jacelynchia
16-10-12, 18:34
yes, yes, when sm is out, every other project owner is happy :D

Yes, Many are happy.
I am too, The price of Skies seems to garner attention and Who knows, the pricing of skies may allow the govt to see the potential of Yishun and further develop it like punggol.
Govt already have plans for yishun.
Expressways, schools, Aerospace hub all coming up and more to come.
Anything is possible, just like a decade ago, no one wanted to be at punggol as It was a new town and now wow!
As I have said before, every place can a good place depending on how govt brand it.
The price at skies shocked investors and I'm sure Hdb but It just shows plenty of potential and confidence of buyers now in the north.
Pretty sure from the sales of skies, Yishun land will not be cheap in the future any more.
As long as Land don't come cheap, the area will blossom and besides there are Plenty of land in Yishun.
Just have to be patient, The future awaits

I beg to differ that every project owner is happy, some projects are not even investment worthy due to over crowding and supply of units.
I am expecting developers to priced future projects at sky high prices
However if they cross the line, do expect poor sales like we have seen recently.
No developer will priced cheaper as land prices increased and If they do priced at real low prices, the market area nearby might crash and go down.
Agent told me cases like this have happened before and for property bubble wise, I'm sure Govt is more than concerned.

Pro888
16-10-12, 22:32
haha, now that you pointed that out.....I realized I got used to that already....maybe you can eventually get use to the location of the chute too....good luck.

How come i dun know i have a unit here? I am here to TCSS. hahaha....

Pro888
16-10-12, 22:36
...WOW EC land also more expensive........well done to SM Developer.

Also got 1 pte land 20% cheaper than SM land. :D

Tripp
16-10-12, 22:48
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/rondy_09/CIMG3112.jpg

Probably will look something like this.

Well at least you got a rubbish chute in the convenience of your home instead of the common chute at the service area.

Pro888
16-10-12, 22:51
SM too far from red zone. maybe never.

Joke of the day . Look & think deeper on what u see :scared-5:

Separately, the color will change after SM & YH. Do your homework lah before putting in the links, which we all already know. :D :D

Pro888
16-10-12, 23:07
A big thank you to all buyers of SM..
I must say it has helped to push up prices even higher for other districts!
:cheers4:

Than how abt Foresque at $1454psf?

I have talked abt Centris @ Jurong pt.
I have talked abt Centro Res @ AMK
I have talked abt Watertown
I have talked abt Caspian @ Lakeside
I have talked abt latest land price for Tenah Merah
I have talked abt latest land price for Bukit Panjang Integrated hub and future pricing
I have talked abt latest land price for Thomson area
I have talked abt upcoming land price for Yishun hub.

Market forces will determine the price.
When u see something like Sky Habitat, 0 sales last month, then u can say it is overpriced. Nothing wrong with the design or location.

You must also say a big thank you to Setia upcoming Eco. S.
A similar unit 969sf at 2nd flr selling at $1217psf with no views (HDB behind, front Treehouse). Far from everywhere except west. No potential (no land for other developments except residential down the stretch).

U will be very busy then as everywhere land price is going higher. :D

danntbt
17-10-12, 05:40
You must also say a big thank you to Setia upcoming Eco. S.
A similar unit 969sf at 2nd flr selling at $1217psf with no views (HDB behind, front Treehouse). Far from everywhere except west. No potential (no land for other developments except residential down the stretch).

U will be very busy then as everywhere land price is going higher. :D

....congratulations on your astute buy.....well done......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SM is the best.....wow ....GOOD buy.......Star Buy..........btw.....ECO is all from 3.4m high equivalent to FEO SOHO height.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1230799/1/.html

...soon there will be a write up for Yishun, just be patient and wait......

nav14
17-10-12, 09:32

Frankly Yishun has been underrated. From the edge of Yishun, around Khatib area, it takes only 19 minutes to hit Orchard Rd in light traffic. Not many suburban areas can boast of this.

carbuncle
17-10-12, 09:44
Frankly Yishun has been underrated. From the edge of Yishun, around Khatib area, it takes only 19 minutes to hit Orchard Rd in light traffic. Not many suburban areas can boast of this.

People don't go Orchard every day unless they work there. Proximity to city core and downtown is more relevant.

nav14
17-10-12, 09:48
People don't go Orchard every day unless they work there. Proximity to city core and downtown is more relevant.
Not everyone works in downtown / city core - majority do not. Orchard Rd is quite a popular yardstick to use to gauge proximity to city area.

Emma
17-10-12, 09:56
hi all. can I please check if Skies Miltonia is close to the MRT station? And how does SM's location compare to 8courtyards?

nav14
17-10-12, 10:00
hi all. can I please check if Skies Miltonia is close to the MRT station? And how does SM's location compare to 8courtyards?
SM is not near MRT and neither is 8 Courtyards. If driving then SM location has faster access to CTE/SLE (at least for now) - could be 7-8 mins faster than driving from 8 Courtyards.

Emma
17-10-12, 11:46
Thanks! but the price difference between the two is quite a lot!
Is the view at SM significantly better?

SM is not near MRT and neither is 8 Courtyards. If driving then SM location has faster access to CTE/SLE (at least for now) - could be 7-8 mins faster than driving from 8 Courtyards.

sunrise
17-10-12, 11:53
Joke of the day . Look & think deeper on what u see :scared-5:

Separately, the color will change after SM & YH. Do your homework lah before putting in the links, which we all already know. :D :D

the biggest joke of the day is you choose to have a bigger balcony area and happier enough with a smaller hall which is smaller than
your master bedroom. :D maybe you change bedsheet everyday that you need a bigger drying area.

you are 1 in a hundred.

aang1971
17-10-12, 12:07
I believe there are agents as well as developers who is talking up the price at SM.

The appeal of waterfront living is obvious, but there are new developments on the way at Punggol.

For rental, Yishun is not the best.

Homestay is good.

Up until now, the developer has not commited they will be the main con for the project. They are making huge profit, at least $500 top $700 psf GP on the project, only seen in luxurious project. Hope they give buyer value

Emma
17-10-12, 12:14
is this the same developer for st patrick's residences?
i thought this developer apparently only does luxurious projects previously (like sentosa or etc) and st pat residences was the first project outside of the prime districts typically associated for luxurious projects. maybe this explains the high price?

Emma
17-10-12, 12:24
for those who have been to the show flats, how was the quality of the furnishing?

aang1971
17-10-12, 12:26
for those who have been to the show flats, how was the quality of the furnishing?

Not bad, but wife commented like what she saw at MR or Eight Courtyard

She prefer the one at Luxuire or Thomson Grand

jacelynchia
17-10-12, 13:39
is this the same developer for st patrick's residences?
i thought this developer apparently only does luxurious projects previously (like sentosa or etc) and st pat residences was the first project outside of the prime districts typically associated for luxurious projects. maybe this explains the high price?

The furnishings are of renowned brands, I forgot the brands but they are great.
You're right, These are the developers who did st patrick's residences and bungalows for Sentosa cove.
Skies is sort of their first huge mass market project.
I wonder if this is why the cause of the high prices as well.
They either make it or break it as the pressure is up since the prices garnered so much attention but I don't think they want to ruin their own name since they are doing so much of these luxury project.

As for transport to Mrt wise, They are offering two years of free buses to the Mrt so not a problem as many who bought at miltonia area do drive.

Emma
17-10-12, 13:59
oh this is their first mass market project?
i just remember that the st pat's residences have very large balconies as well. does anyone know this for sure?
furnishing at the showflat for st pats' according to what i read online is ok. actually in personal they are all quite the same for all the big developments by established developers.

question to all here - would furnishing be a major factor in your property decisions? (this is not in reference to any particular project)
i mean the household items are due to be changed every couple of years anyway and if you do sell the unit, most likely the new owners will want to renovate alittle so i don't see the point of paying a premium for quality finishing etc. decent furnishing yes but that's about it i think. i guess everyone will have a different trade off on this or is my view a little too short-sighted?

shareidiot
17-10-12, 14:00
The furnishings are of renowned brands, I forgot the brands but they are great.
You're right, These are the developers who did st patrick's residences and bungalows for Sentosa cove.
Skies is sort of their first huge mass market project.
I wonder if this is why the cause of the high prices as well.
They either make it or break it as the pressure is up since the prices garnered so much attention but I don't think they want to ruin their own name since they are doing so much of these luxury project.

As for transport to Mrt wise, They are offering two years of free buses to the Mrt so not a problem as many who bought at miltonia area do drive.

You are a true blue ambassador & firm believer of SM...... :cool-punk-headbange

shareidiot
17-10-12, 14:02
Included in price, SM throws in fridge, microwave & washing machine cum dryer.

Am NOT vested ;)

einnoc
17-10-12, 14:03
emma, both sm & 8courtyard are a short drive away from mrt stations. Quite impossible to walk to the stations under the hot sun.
However, 8 courtyard is the nearest pte hsing near Northpoint and bus interchange.

I live in Yishun for the past 25 years. i too was in a dilemma to choose btw 8courtyard & SM. But it really depends on your criterias. Different ppl has different criterias.

For me,i like 8courtyard price & size but dun like its location(surrounded by factories @ one side, the other side is HDB & EC, but the other side face canal & low pte housing-no more available units le.) I was worried abt the noise that may come from the mrt track too. But many ppl said the station is noisier than track.

SM- i really dislike the high price & 2 balconies but i love thought of living near a golf course+reservoir. I hope i can breathe in fresh air every morning when i wake up. A high price to pay but healthy mind, healthy self equals to wealth too :) For the balconies, i think many have constructive ideas on how to use it. From personal yoga place to breakfast alfresco to hanging laundry....But i think it will be my son's mini playground.

Emma
17-10-12, 14:04
eCO also includes all these. is this the norm for all new launches now? did the new launches last time include these furnishings?

Included in price, SM throws in fridge, microwave & washing machine cum dryer.

Am NOT vested ;)

shareidiot
17-10-12, 14:05
eCO also includes all these. is this the norm for all new launches now? did the new launches last time include these furnishings?

MR did not include these throw-ins. Anyway, these things don't cost much these dats.

Emma
17-10-12, 14:09
Thanks! so did you get SM then?
I always believe value is in the eye of the beholder. If you like what you bought, then it's worth it in your eyes. and next time if you do want to sell it, someone of your same kind of value judgement will also appreciate your unit in the same way.

emma, both sm & 8courtyard are a short drive away from mrt stations. Quite impossible to walk to the stations under the hot sun.
However, 8 courtyard is the nearest pte hsing near Northpoint and bus interchange.

I live in Yishun for the past 25 years. i too was in a dilemma to choose btw 8courtyard & SM. But it really depends on your criterias. Different ppl has different criterias.

For me,i like 8courtyard price & size but dun like its location(surrounded by factories @ one side, the other side is HDB & EC, but the other side face canal & low pte housing-no more available units le.) I was worried abt the noise that may come from the mrt track too. But many ppl said the station is noisier than track.

SM- i really dislike the high price & 2 balconies but i love thought of living near a golf course+reservoir. I hope i can breathe in fresh air every morning when i wake up. A high price to pay but healthy mind, healthy self equals to wealth too :) For the balconies, i think many have constructive ideas on how to use it. From personal yoga place to breakfast alfresco to hanging laundry....But i think it will be my son's mini playground.

aang1971
17-10-12, 14:22
MR did not include these throw-ins. Anyway, these things don't cost much these dats.

i think most development using same type of "branded" fitting etc...saw same european brand being repeated in brochure..i even commented..distributior must be laughing all the way to bank

SM is more complete with fridges, washing machines etc and even marble flooring...then $500k can start wholesale distribution of fridges and washing mahines etc...heard one gal commented to her hubby while the agent went away:)

jacelynchia
17-10-12, 14:23
You are a true blue ambassador & firm believer of SM...... :cool-punk-headbange

Hahaha, Have Faith in what you believe in.:p

Skies is for home stay but my hubby is looking at other projects for investment as well. Any recommendations?

nav14
17-10-12, 14:28
Thanks! but the price difference between the two is quite a lot!
Is the view at SM significantly better?

The price of the lower floors or those with no view is still palatable but the huge jump in prices for the units with better view at SM is not worth it. I think it is rather foolish to pay 300k more for the 8th flr as compared to the 5th floor with only view of the pool. How often time is someone going to spend sitting at the balcony enjoyingthe view. My bet, after the initial euphoria, no more than 10 minutes a week. For that 300k more? Just foolish.

Night
17-10-12, 14:57

The wardrobes are all included for all the bedrooms as well, basically just need to do up the lightings, sofa, dining table and beds only.

p3nboy
17-10-12, 15:33
The price of the lower floors or those with no view is still palatable but the huge jump in prices for the units with better view at SM is not worth it. I think it is rather foolish to pay 300k more for the 8th flr as compared to the 5th floor with only view of the pool. How often time is someone going to spend sitting at the balcony enjoyingthe view. My bet, after the initial euphoria, no more than 10 minutes a week. For that 300k more? Just foolish.

:doh: :doh:

buying Skies is all about view, it is the low floor units which are priced too high, best is only pool view which is available in every condos.

sunrise
17-10-12, 15:52

I totally agreed with you. the big balcony is a total waste of money too.
such saving can made the place more affordable.

danntbt
17-10-12, 16:15
How come i dun know i have a unit here? I am here to TCSS. hahaha....
....good for you not to have to get use to the hidden chute after all.....but what I said should applies to P3nBoy and other new owners of SM......its actually a good thing because, in making it difficult to throw rubbish, you might be less inclined to throw away things that can be recycled.....SM should be given Green Mark of excellence....once got award...maybe can sell even higher....SomeMore.

p3nboy
17-10-12, 16:20

which new development comes with small balcony?

einnoc
17-10-12, 16:26
Agree that the hidden chute is kinda inconvenient & difficult to maintain.
But i dun think the cockroaches will crawl out after fuming.

My parents live on a low floor in hdb in Khatib area for more than 20 years. Next to our flat is a coffeeshop area. We have a chute right below the sink too. Never seen a single cockroach after fuming. I hope never ever too. However, i was frightened by a cockroach when i open the chute once(not after fuming lar). Btw, i did find the smell from the chute unbearing. Maybe is becoz my parents live in low level. So i gonna hold my breath every time i open the chute :(

Emma
17-10-12, 16:26
true as well. but from the floor plan the balcony for this one really is quite large. but if you enjoy scenery etc, maybe you can find creative uses for the balcony. and from what i remember, the balcony of for st pats is quite huge as well. maybe this is the style of this developer? - like a resort theme or something. if you like resort style, scenery etc, you will enjoy this kind of theme i guess.

ps i am not making a statement on whether big or small balcony is good or bad, i guess it's all down to your preference - there is no accounting for taste!

which new development comes with small balcony?

p3nboy
17-10-12, 16:29
http://themiltoniaresidences.com/FloorPlans.html

take a look at this

shareidiot
17-10-12, 16:31
Seen SM showflat (2BR). The common room is really very small.
As for balcony, pls check MR.... MR has big balcony area too. However, the BR size is comfortable. The only down side is, there is NO bomb shelter (aka store room) in case of MR.

true as well. but from the floor plan the balcony for this one really is quite large. but if you enjoy scenery etc, maybe you can find creative uses for the balcony. and from what i remember, the balcony of for st pats is quite huge as well. maybe this is the style of this developer? - like a resort theme or something. if you like resort style, scenery etc, you will enjoy this kind of theme i guess.

ps i am not making a statement on whether big or small balcony is good or bad, i guess it's all down to your preference - there is no accounting for taste!

p3nboy
17-10-12, 16:43
http://www.estuary.com.sg/

this is better, balcony with planter.

shareidiot
17-10-12, 16:51
Estuary layout sucks lah.
Won't look at it at all.... planters & AC ledge so big .... :doh:

einnoc
17-10-12, 16:52
erm.... but i find this balcony too small le. Can put 2 chairs?

But the view is awesome. Beware of the noise though, coz that stretch of road is pretty busy. Nevertheless, it is walking distance to the coffeeshops, MacDonald and if dun mind walking 15mins, can rch Khatib mrt by foot too.

Tripp
17-10-12, 16:56
Are they providing Miele, De Dietrich, Gaggenau appliances? Hansgrohe, Grohe, Bravat fittings?

Or run-of-the-mill mass brands?

Laguna
17-10-12, 17:28
Estuary layout sucks lah.
Won't look at it at all.... planters & AC ledge so big .... :doh:

Why the rooms are so small?

Pro888
17-10-12, 18:20
Yes, Many are happy.
I am too, The price of Skies seems to garner attention and Who knows, the pricing of skies may allow the govt to see the potential of Yishun and further develop it like punggol.
Govt already have plans for yishun.
Expressways, schools, Aerospace hub all coming up and more to come.
Anything is possible, just like a decade ago, no one wanted to be at punggol as It was a new town and now wow!
As I have said before, every place can a good place depending on how govt brand it.
The price at skies shocked investors and I'm sure Hdb but It just shows plenty of potential and confidence of buyers now in the north.
Pretty sure from the sales of skies, Yishun land will not be cheap in the future any more.
As long as Land don't come cheap, the area will blossom and besides there are Plenty of land in Yishun.
Just have to be patient, The future awaits

I beg to differ that every project owner is happy, some projects are not even investment worthy due to over crowding and supply of units.
I am expecting developers to priced future projects at sky high prices
However if they cross the line, do expect poor sales like we have seen recently.
No developer will priced cheaper as land prices increased and If they do priced at real low prices, the market area nearby might crash and go down.
Agent told me cases like this have happened before and for property bubble wise, I'm sure Govt is more than concerned.

Actually, dun need to tell them all these. Even if it is 99% perfect (even if only hor), they just continue to nag on the 1% until this thread reaches 100 pages. The most important thing is u like the place & willing to pay for it.

Same goes to ppl who bought unit/s that is far away from everywhere except west itself like foresque. No views. No future developments. Hall small, rooms are small + many others :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: . Go read up foresque thread.

Pro888
17-10-12, 18:28
the biggest joke of the day is you choose to have a bigger balcony area and happier enough with a smaller hall which is smaller than
your master bedroom. :D maybe you change bedsheet everyday that you need a bigger drying area.

you are 1 in a hundred.

pple talking abt the link u have posted. You talk abt other things. :doh:

One forummer mentioned abt your foresque unit small hall, small bdrm +++ many others :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: You asked him to buy PH. Same thing here wat.

U haven't do your homework? Ask u to look & think deeper, but u r getting shallower. Wrong direction liao..

Mind game.:D

Pro888
17-10-12, 18:37

Try to refrain from using foolish or other mean words lah. It is their $$$.

They have 1001 reasons to buy and u have your own.

Komo
17-10-12, 19:05
with fantastic view value of the property will probably be at least maintained :beats-me-man:

Kanarazu
17-10-12, 19:35

About 19.3% of the space goes to balcony and AC ledge. Would be more optimal if the percentage is around 12-13%

Kanarazu
17-10-12, 19:39
erm.... but i find this balcony too small le. Can put 2 chairs?

But the view is awesome. Beware of the noise though, coz that stretch of road is pretty busy. Nevertheless, it is walking distance to the coffeeshops, MacDonald and if dun mind walking 15mins, can rch Khatib mrt by foot too.

I think 10 minutes walk can reach Liao, not that far!

Komo
17-10-12, 20:40
also that it is sideway make it even more headache....:(

Komo
17-10-12, 21:40
I think 10 minutes walk can reach Liao, not that far!
it's about 1.9km walking distance to Katib mrt leh..quite tough:scared-5:

Kanarazu
17-10-12, 21:45

That's SM, thought I was referring to Estuary.

fiat500
17-10-12, 21:51
Do they provide shuttle service to the mrt the 1st couple of years?

aang1971
17-10-12, 22:07
When I was at SM the sales people was hard selling like anything...that was 1 week before preview...and they already saying famous feng shui master buying

When I heard the price, I asked since the developer paid a lower price whichnresultbin break even price of 450 to 550 psf, and the average asking is 1200, what..aside from the view (which is notbprovided by developer) will the developer do different since the premium is so much, almost double what it will cost them.

Fitting is normal branded, fridge dun cost so much, facilities are normal.

They cannot even tell me is the civil engineer local or some Japanese expert, main con not confirmed and QS not confirmed.

I ask if cut cost to maximize profit and appoint china or Indian company how? After all which business is not profit hungry. Unlikely...but can happen right?

Reaction of agent suggest they are all talking up to increase psf price, at buyers' expense.

Decided to wait and look at other alternative investments...afterlll I feel global recession 3.0 is coming a no it will not be the last

bakasa2002
17-10-12, 22:12

I think you forget to add the BW ...

kane
17-10-12, 22:20
Aang, if construction cost is 350psf, how did the achieve 500psf to be their cost? They only acquired the land for 150psf?

aang1971
17-10-12, 22:24
Aang, if construction cost is 350psf, how did the achieve 500psf to be their cost? They only acquired the land for 150psf?

Given the $139m that this site was bid for, the price psf ppr works out to be around $360psf, so a rough estimate of the selling price should be around $850 to $900psf. Nearby condos Eight Courtyards (99-yr) and The Miltonia Residences (99-yr) have seen median prices of $814 psf and $825 psf respectively in August 2012.

Construction cost average 200 to 350 psf on average

Komo
17-10-12, 22:28
That's SM, thought I was referring to Estuary.
oops....estuary about 700m... stroll also can:D

kane
17-10-12, 22:35
Given the $139m that this site was bid for, the price psf ppr works out to be around $360psf, so a rough estimate of the selling price should be around $850 to $900psf. Nearby condos Eight Courtyards (99-yr) and The Miltonia Residences (99-yr) have seen median prices of $814 psf and $825 psf respectively in August 2012.

therefore their cost is about $700psf lah. i thought how they managed to get it so low until 550psf.

Komo
17-10-12, 22:46
Do they provide shuttle service to the mrt the 1st couple of years?
never bother to ask:p if drive SM or estuary no difference:D

sunrise
17-10-12, 22:51
Actually, dun need to tell them all these. Even if it is 99% perfect (even if only hor), they just continue to nag on the 1% until this thread reaches 100 pages. The most important thing is u like the place & willing to pay for it.

Same goes to ppl who bought unit/s that is far away from everywhere except west itself like foresque. No views. No future developments. Hall small, rooms are small + many others :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: . Go read up foresque thread.

you are 1 in a hundred, 19% of your floor area goes to your balcony. that is scary :scared-1:

Pikachu1245
17-10-12, 22:59
therefore their cost is about $700psf lah. i thought how they managed to get it so low until 550psf.

Eight couryards pricing also trending upwards to 894psf & 899psf for the two transaction in Sept12.

Look like Yishun has 'Northern Star' shining brightly on it :rolleyes:

Kanarazu
17-10-12, 23:01
you are 1 in a hundred, 19% of your floor area goes to your balcony. that is scary :scared-1:

sorry my miscalculation, 17.2% actually.

Kanarazu
17-10-12, 23:05

Plus other costs, should be just slightly above $400 ba!

Pikachu1245
17-10-12, 23:09

Dear Sunrise - Buyer of Foresque? Welcome to Yishun property site but please do not talk down of property of other areas beside your areas leh.....

All property price rise at a steady rate (sustainable one lah -Not speculative) for whole of Singapore good for all including property owners (profit)/ banks (loan) / lawyers (legal fee)/govt(stamp duty & ABSD) /Developer (Profit)/Main Con (Profit)/Sub-con (Jobs) / Singapore (reserve go up)....

Maybe those who sold out their properties earlier and those keen to buy multiple properties want market to crash?

If crash like US sub-prime , good meh?

sunrise
17-10-12, 23:10
sorry my miscalculation, 17.2% actually.

thank you, that very scary too. :scared-1:

Kanarazu
17-10-12, 23:13

It's an outlier, but I won't say it's extreme la. I think norm these days are around 13-17%, that's my impression, have not really measured.

Kanarazu
17-10-12, 23:19
For the unblocked reservoir view, the near bank and far bank distance of the reservoir from the balconies should be 500m and 2500m respectively, without counting the forested areas beyond the far bank.

Night
17-10-12, 23:21

Well i am also that 1 in a hundred that likes a big balcony. When I travel to places like Paris and Japan, I will pay to get a room with a balcony/view of the Eiffel Tower and Mount Fuji. I got the liking for resort living after staying at Chatrium Hotel in bangkok with a big balcony overlooking the river.

http://cdn-img.agoda.net/hotelimages/109/109169/109169_110909210131851_STD.jpg

At the hotel, I was mostly at the balcony enjoying my morning english tea and chinese tea at night and in the bedroom watching TV even though there was a living room in the suite.

SM is for my homestay, why do i need the closeness of the MRT and the music that comes with it when i drive. why do i need a big living room when i do not play WII. Why is it so scary if I like to enjoy my life as much as possible after a hard day of work which most ang mors can appreciate. Why must i follow the herd and get a place with 4 concrete walls with as much space inside when most of the time i am out at work coming home only to rest and relax.

The price may be high for SM, but i am willing to pay for this enjoyment while others are willing to sacrificer to have building, railway tracks and longkangs as their view for a cheaper price. When it was my turn at the vvip launch, if i did not make the purchase there and then, a few others behind me in the queue would have snapped up the units with the views, that is when you have money also cannot buy.

I respect those who like their prefer kind of housing just I like them to respect the kind of housing i choose in live in.

Can staying in places like these really be scary?
http://www.stylisheve.com/small-balcony-design-ideas/

If it is such a case, developers should have consider building underground housing to make it safe and not scary :P

Night
17-10-12, 23:32
I do not see what is the big deal with the hidden rubbish chute. I currently stay in a landed where we do not even have a rubbish chute. We can just bring the rubbish to the bin centre. Good form of exercise, no big deal.

Komo
17-10-12, 23:37
Agree that the hidden chute is kinda inconvenient & difficult to maintain.
But i dun think the cockroaches will crawl out after fuming.

My parents live on a low floor in hdb in Khatib area for more than 20 years. Next to our flat is a coffeeshop area. We have a chute right below the sink too. Never seen a single cockroach after fuming. I hope never ever too. However, i was frightened by a cockroach when i open the chute once(not after fuming lar). Btw, i did find the smell from the chute unbearing. Maybe is becoz my parents live in low level. So i gonna hold my breath every time i open the chute :(
condo one is usually better maintained la...they wash weekly or biweekly:D

aang1971
17-10-12, 23:39

Not really 700

From the six EC projects analysed by Square Foot Research, it was found that average construction costs of ECs stood at S$209 psf ppr, much lower than the S$256 psf ppr average of nine recently launched mass market projects.

The Luxuries is about 264... So if we use 280 and add land cost of 360', is over 640... Developer is earning huge GP

Kanarazu
17-10-12, 23:43
condo one is usually better maintained la...they wash weekly or biweekly:D

How do they wash the chute shaft? Or they just wash the base of it?

Night
17-10-12, 23:47
If want to compare against Foresque, i would prefer SM where I can get to work directly via CTE. Any place that uses BKE and KJE will definitely experience the mass JB motorcycles and early morning jams from the north coming down as well as the inconvenience of using PIE/CTE or AYE to CBD. Fortunately i have done my lasik, hence i do not need to look at too much greens and forest, hence I prefer a mix of blue and green. I have also MRed so no more tekong forest for me. :)

sunrise
17-10-12, 23:51
Well i am also that 1 in a hundred that likes a big balcony. When I travel to places like Paris and Japan, I will pay to get a room with a balcony/view of the Eiffel Tower and Mount Fuji. I got the liking for resort living after staying at Chatrium Hotel in bangkok with a big balcony overlooking the river.

At the hotel, I was mostly at the balcony enjoying my morning english tea and chinese tea at night and in the bedroom watching TV even though there was a living room in the suite.

SM is for my homestay, why do i need the closeness of the MRT and the music that comes with it when i drive. why do i need a big living room when i do not play WII. Why is it so scary if I like to enjoy my life as much as possible after a hard day of work which most ang mors can appreciate. Why must i follow the herd and get a place with 4 concrete walls with as much space inside when most of the time i am out at work coming home only to rest and relax.

The price may be high for SM, but i am willing to pay for this enjoyment while others are willing to sacrificer to have building, railway tracks and longkangs as their view for a cheaper price. When it was my turn at the vvip launch, if i did not make the purchase there and then, a few others behind me in the queue would have snapped up the units with the views, that is when you have money also cannot buy.

I respect those who like their prefer kind of housing just I like them to respect the kind of housing i choose in live in.

If it is such a case, developers should have consider building underground housing to make it safe and not scary :P

17% floor area for balcony round up to about 100 over thousand dollars still not scary?

Vpromax
18-10-12, 00:07
17% floor area for balcony round up to about 100 over thousand dollars still not scary?

:doh: :doh:

What is so scary?! There are many other project that are worst..So if others can afford and willing to buy there must be of good values , furthermore this project is moving fast .....:2cents: :)

Night
18-10-12, 00:09

Well SM is designed in such a way where each units will not be able to look into each other thus giving the privacy of the balcony and bedroom. I personally feel it is more scary to have your neighbours bedroom look into yours just like Foresque. A 100k for a life's enjoyments, what is so scary about that? I can't carry that 100k into the coffin to enjoy right?

On a side note, the balcony also overlaps with the bathroom of the masterbedroom. Thinking if can convert it into these

http://www.tripadvisor.com/InfoCenter-a_ctr.bathview

teddybear
18-10-12, 00:20
Flush water from the top downwards for condos. Don't think they have such facility for HDB rubbish chute?

How do they wash the chute shaft? Or they just wash the base of it?

Kanarazu
18-10-12, 00:21
Flush water from the top downwards for condos. Don't think they have such facility for HDB rubbish chute?

Interesting... Think HDB doesn't have. Maybe they hose it down once in a blue moon.

Night
18-10-12, 00:33

To quote you in your very own words "the developer knows there are people who willing to pay for something unique." :)

I like mine with big balconies with reservoirs and golf course view, just like you like yours with trees and bushes all around :)

jacelynchia
18-10-12, 00:47

Agreed!

If skies pricing was cheap then netizens will comment and compare prices to others areas and slam the yishun area for no potential and only for investors or home buyers with a tight budget
And
Now the pricing is high, they comment about balconies size and high psf and compare the skies to every project they can find including the furnishings...

IF we buyers found an concerned issue with the project, do you think we will buy?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Besides sales have reached over 75%.

Let me set the Record Straight, If Sunrise, you are a foresque condo owner, God bless you big time.
The area have reached it's fullest potential and only near the west and no where else.
Benefiting only the developments beside it!
No more potential, reached it's fullest some time ago and foresque is the completion to that area.

IF home owners of other projects found that they themselves made a bad investment on recent buys and feel by slamming skies, they can compare and find some joy and peace, They're wrong.
Let see who gets the last laugh!

Pro888
18-10-12, 02:13

Told u to do your homework not ask u to copy :banghead:

Pro888
18-10-12, 02:19
Dear Sunrise - Buyer of Foresque? Welcome to Yishun property site but please do not talk down of property of other areas beside your areas leh.....

All property price rise at a steady rate (sustainable one lah -Not speculative) for whole of Singapore good for all including property owners (profit)/ banks (loan) / lawyers (legal fee)/govt(stamp duty & ABSD) /Developer (Profit)/Main Con (Profit)/Sub-con (Jobs) / Singapore (reserve go up)....

Maybe those who sold out their properties earlier and those keen to buy multiple properties want market to crash?

If crash like US sub-prime , good meh?

U r aware that this loner going around xxxxxxx. Now owners of Forest will also discard him :tongue3:

Pro888
18-10-12, 03:04
Agreed!

If skies pricing was cheap then netizens will comment and compare prices to others areas and slam the yishun area for no potential and only for investors or home buyers with a tight budget
And
Now the pricing is high, they comment about balconies size and high psf and compare the skies to every project they can find including the furnishings...

IF we buyers found an concerned issue with the project, do you think we will buy?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Besides sales have reached over 75%.

Let me set the Record Straight, If Sunrise, you are a foresque condo owner, God bless you big time.
The area have reached it's fullest potential and only near the west and no where else.
Benefiting only the developments beside it!
No more potential, reached it's fullest some time ago and foresque is the completion to that area.

IF home owners of other projects found that they themselves made a bad investment on recent buys and feel by slamming skies, they can compare and find some joy and peace, They're wrong.
Let see who gets the last laugh!

At this moment (everywhere is going higher), if anyone has any thought of buying for investment in SM, if the price still stay within MR range of +5%, u can forget abt buying. Got 1 place, price still can't move after 4th project. That was why i used Estuary secondary market +5 to +10 gauge.

What can forest offer? views will all be blocked. Not only that, for most of the balconies, its own structure will also blocked the views 90 degree. Since cant see much, might as well convert it to planter. Either primary or secondary school just beside. If primary school, good luck. Will see many cars parking at both sides. A possible of blocking entrance to forest. :tongue3: :tongue3:

danntbt
18-10-12, 05:55
.....SM is the greatest thing ever with the greatest balconies that give the greatest view that get the greatest sunshine in sunny Singapore.....well done SM buyers. Great al fresco concept!...even the chute is hidden...very well planned.

Enjoy the view....the sun and the rain in our hot humid tropical climate.....and the mozzies will also enjoy your company.

lifeline
18-10-12, 06:56
Interesting... Think HDB doesn't have. Maybe they hose it down once in a blue moon.

remembered many years ago hdb washed the chute by flushing down, maybe hosing down. dun know about nowadays?

NorthernStar
18-10-12, 07:00
....good for you not to have to get use to the hidden chute after all.....but what I said should applies to P3nBoy and other new owners of SM......its actually a good thing because, in making it difficult to throw rubbish, you might be less inclined to throw away things that can be recycled.....SM should be given Green Mark of excellence....once got award...maybe can sell even higher....SomeMore.
Why so particular to the hidden bin? i thought it would be nice and clean look inside your kitchen if the bin is hidden? why you need to see your rubbish bin everyday?

leesg123
18-10-12, 07:26
Why so particular to the hidden bin? i thought it would be nice and clean look inside your kitchen if the bin is hidden? why you need to see your rubbish bin everyday?hidden means a good chance for roaches to breed. u dont want to open the door and suddenly see so many roaches running around.

danntbt
18-10-12, 08:32
I do not see what is the big deal with the hidden rubbish chute. I currently stay in a landed where we do not even have a rubbish chute. We can just bring the rubbish to the bin centre. Good form of exercise, no big deal.
.....yes that's the spirit, just like the 95FM commercials....

ppty
18-10-12, 08:57
The big deal is that the rubbish chute directly faces the stove isn't that Yucks!
(So what if its concealed in a cabinet)

Study the floor plan n u will know it...

The problem nowadays is most buyers just rush in to crowded show flats n buy without going thru the floor plans in detail

jacelynchia
18-10-12, 09:23
.....SM is the greatest thing ever with the greatest balconies that give the greatest view that get the greatest sunshine in sunny Singapore.....well done SM buyers. Great al fresco concept!...even the chute is hidden...very well planned.

Enjoy the view....the sun and the rain in our hot humid tropical climate.....and the mozzies will also enjoy your company.

Hey, are you lame or what?!
Die die must comment something bad before you sleep and go to work?

If too much free time you have, go create your own development lah,
Since you have so much to say about from Developer to buyer,
prices to furnishings ,to sun and to rain, from weather to mozzies........ Yes, the chute is hidden and just like your hidden talent = SARCASM.

Have a say in everything but incapable in doing anything.....

Night
18-10-12, 09:30
I didn't know there were so many ah gua pengs around, scare of mosquito, sun and cockroaches.So NJNL.

DC33_2008
18-10-12, 09:39
The rubbish chute is located at an awkward location for one to dispose rubbish.
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/rondy_09/CIMG3112.jpg

Probably will look something like this.

Well at least you got a rubbish chute in the convenience of your home instead of the common chute at the service area.

nav14
18-10-12, 10:21

99% of the time when I look up at balconies in a development whether in Dist 10 or 28,at different times of the day, they are always empty. When it is occupied, it is always a maid hanging the clothes there or someone using it to have a quick smoke. And some of these places have even more fantastic views than SM. So at SM will it be any different?

Xan
18-10-12, 10:48
Delete, repeated post.

Xan
18-10-12, 10:50
In forum, newbies shared their joy and happiness on their new purchase. But usually some are not ready for negative comments from those old birds. Likewise similar to what i've encountered in WT thread. People start to call the buyers stupid, carrot head, foolish etc.
Jace, do not take the comments too seriously else you might end up too emtionally involved and thus losing composure. (seems like im speaking from personal experience. Lol:D )
If you are not ready for negative remarks, then dont share. You might want to consider setting up a facebook neighbourlist etc. But if you are ready, then this forum will be an interesting place to garner diff views and info.

Well, being said that, i still personally think that skies not worth at its current psf and i feel theres very little upsides. It is far from amendities. But this is just my view as i have been staying here for 5 years and v familiar with surrounding potential. Fyi, my unit is also golf course facing, nice to have and air is fresh, but to pay for extra premium of 300k? Im not sure.. If you think worth it, just go for it and do not care what others say. I am vested here and i have no personal agenda. Just sharing my honest opinion and hopefully we can all huat together. :cheers5:

FamilyGuy72
18-10-12, 11:10
Agree with Xan. Jacelyn, just soak in the positive comments and take the negative ones with a pinch of salt. For those saying you grossly overpaid your purchase, tell them this story ...

Mario Balotelli (Manchester City football player) was stopped by the Manchester patrol who found loads of cash scattered all over his passenger car seat. When questioned why he had all these money, his reply was "Because I can." :cool:

Emma
18-10-12, 11:19
That's a really nice perspective to have. Yeah good thing about online forums is you can just selectively read and respond to whatever you fancy . if you don't agree just move on. there's no need to get all riled up and turn the forum into an angst and animosity-filled place..
we can talk something up or down all day but at the end of the day, will that make a real difference to the actual pricing in the future? maybe yes, but at best remotely only..only time will tell you if we are right for sure :)

In forum, newbies shared their joy and happiness on their new purchase. But usually some are not ready for negative comments from those old birds. Likewise similar to what i've encountered in WT thread. People start to call the buyers stupid, carrot head, foolish etc.
Jace, do not take the comments too seriously else you might end up too emtionally involved and thus losing composure. (seems like im speaking from personal experience. Lol:D )
If you are not ready for negative remarks, then dont share. You might want to consider setting up a facebook neighbourlist etc. But if you are ready, then this forum will be an interesting place to garner diff views and info.

Well, being said that, i still personally think that skies not worth at its current psf and i feel theres very little upsides. It is far from amendities. But this is just my view as i have been staying here for 5 years and v familiar with surrounding potential. Fyi, my unit is also golf course facing, nice to have and air is fresh, but to pay for extra premium of 300k? Im not sure.. If you think worth it, just go for it and do not care what others say. I am vested here and i have no personal agenda. Just sharing my honest opinion and hopefully we can all huat together. :cheers5:

Clim1688
18-10-12, 11:35
Just seen the location, fantastic Million dollar view from Miltonia!

Pro888
18-10-12, 11:37
That's a really nice perspective to have. Yeah good thing about online forums is you can just selectively read and respond to whatever you fancy . if you don't agree just move on. there's no need to get all riled up and turn the forum into an angst and animosity-filled place..
we can talk something up or down all day but at the end of the day, will that make a real difference to the actual pricing in the future? maybe yes, but at best remotely only..only time will tell you if we are right for sure :)

U no brainer

Emma
18-10-12, 11:44
and no one exactly see brains oozing out from you behind your screen

U no brainer

Pro888
18-10-12, 11:46
and no one exactly see brains oozing out from you behind your screen

U r a goner

shareidiot
18-10-12, 11:50
U no brainer

Why you need to attack others "personally". Just comment on the project, but not other people.:tsk-tsk:

@ Emma, your reply is a good one.

zeamybro
18-10-12, 11:53
U r a goner

As a bystander, I see that Emma is just trying to make peace and make the forum a nicer place for everyone.

Pro888, you can disagree or agree with the comments made on this project. I don't think it's nice of you to resort to personal attacks. Not pro at all...

Pro888
18-10-12, 12:00
Paiseh la. I m just doing so experiment which require fast response, so need to hit it extreme. I got my answer.

Sori x 100 times Emma, i am the one. From all my previous few hundreds postings, i nvr did that.

Mind games:D

Emma
18-10-12, 12:09
Hi Hi which reply are you referring to ? - the brains ozzing out one or the politically correct one in response to xan's post? haha

yeah zeamybro and shareidiot , don't really see why someone people should resort to name calling here. but it's a forum so i just let the moment pass. in real life i will probably go ballistic and :simmering:

Why you need to attack others "personally". Just comment on the project, but not other people.:tsk-tsk:

@ Emma, your reply is a good one.

lifeline
18-10-12, 12:10
Paiseh la. I m just doing so experiment which require fast response, so need to hit it extreme. I got my answer.

Sori x 100 times Emma, i am the one. From all my previous few hundreds postings, i nvr did that.

i was just going to ask you Pro888 why your online behaviour suddenly changed. have been enjoying your good posts all the while.

lucky you came up with this experiment "excuse" :D
but dun take people for granted hor.
emma must be magnanimous enough to forgive you :D
if not, then it's your own fault la !

Emma
18-10-12, 12:12
ok if you say so, but I wonder why i am targeted for your experiment. anyways, it's fine. i only selectively read what i see here.

shareidiot
18-10-12, 12:13
Your reply "and no one exactly see brains oozing out from you behind your screen" is a good one...... Had a good laugh... LOL... :banana:

So u buying SM ?...

Hi Hi which reply are you referring to ? - the brains ozzing out one or the politically correct one in response to xan's post? haha

yeah zeamybro and shareidiot , don't really see why someone people should resort to name calling here. but it's a forum so i just let the moment pass. in real life i will probably go ballistic and :simmering:

Emma
18-10-12, 12:13
hi hi lifeline, no worries, sister here is very zen about such things...hahah, in real life i will :hell-hath-no-fury: but online, i am very cool.

i was just going to ask you Pro888 why your online behaviour suddenly changed. have been enjoying your good posts all the while.

Emma
18-10-12, 12:16
haha.. good retort right?
no i didn't - actually i am only kpo-ing here.
cos I was checking out 8courtyards and just thread surfing and chanced upon this one.
did you buy?

Your reply "and no one exactly see brains oozing out from you behind your screen" is a good one...... Had a good laugh... LOL... :banana:

So u buying SM ?...

Pro888
18-10-12, 12:18

Seriously, i doing some experiment which i know is totally wrong. Otherwise, i wldnt say sori x100 times so fast.

Ok. No more testing.

Thank bro.

shareidiot
18-10-12, 12:19
8courtyards? Lousy layout.
I am vested @ MR (not SM).

cos I was checking out 8courtyards and just thread surfing and chanced upon this one.
did you buy?

Pro888
18-10-12, 12:25
ok if you say so, but I wonder why i am targeted for your experiment. anyways, it's fine. i only selectively read what i see here.

Sorry can't reveal much what i am looking at.

Location Location Location -> Location, time, space, govt. Ultimately-> ppl:D

Xan
18-10-12, 13:41
did you buy?

8CY was priced very reasonably but the location is much more inferior compared to skies. Dont like to be near industrial estate. Not near amendities and no nice view like skies.
The only motivation to buy there probably would be the missing NS12 and its price.
If they heng heng kenna NS12, the owners will huat big time.

@emma, are u looking for a home in the north?

Emma
18-10-12, 14:24
Hi Xan
not really I am just checking out new launches and researching into other districts. am totally not familiar with Yishun I must say. I am more a east kind of person so more familiar with D15 and 16.

8CY was priced very reasonably but the location is much more inferior compared to skies. Dont like to be near industrial estate. Not near amendities and no nice view like skies.
The only motivation to buy there probably would be the missing NS12 and its price.
If they heng heng kenna NS12, the owners will huat big time.

@emma, are u looking for a home in the north?

bakasa2002
18-10-12, 14:38
Hi Xan
not really I am just checking out new launches and researching into other districts. am totally not familiar with Yishun I must say. I am more a east kind of person so more familiar with D15 and 16.

Emma, did you get the eco 2br eventually? I know Laguna did ... Me also come kapo-ing in the north. SM really got some interesting exchange. Glad I was here. :)

danntbt
18-10-12, 14:41
Hey, are you lame or what?!
Die die must comment something bad before you sleep and go to work?

If too much free time you have, go create your own development lah,
Since you have so much to say about from Developer to buyer,
prices to furnishings ,to sun and to rain, from weather to mozzies........ Yes, the chute is hidden and just like your hidden talent = SARCASM.

Have a say in everything but incapable in doing anything.....

hahah, true I have some free time to say what i think on this thread, unless the moderator thinks otherwise.....true I am incapable of overcoming my fear of 'height'...$igh! I am incapable of accessing hidden chute....anyway thanks for the compliment on my talent.

Emma
18-10-12, 14:42
hi bakasa, yes i got it on the first day when it opened for preview. it was close to midnight when i signed my OTP.
yeah cos pretty quiet at eco thread for now so came here to kpo - very passionate exchanges here !

Emma, did you get the eco 2br eventually? I know Laguna did ... Me also come kapo-ing in the north. SM really got some interesting exchange. Glad I was here. :)

Pro888
18-10-12, 14:55
hi bakasa, yes i got it on the first day when it opened for preview. it was close to midnight when i signed my OTP.
yeah cos pretty quiet at eco thread for now so came here to kpo - very passionate exchanges here !

Me 2. Also kpo here. Otherwise will be very quiet like Katong Regency or KR.

Eco price ok and will see the returns.
Next plot beside optima price will be abv "threshold"
Latest plot infront of mrt will be excessive unless govt announce plan for mixed development beside optima.

jacelynchia
18-10-12, 15:01
hahah, true I have some free time to say what i think on this thread, unless the moderator thinks otherwise.....true I am incapable of overcoming my fear of 'height'...$igh! I am incapable of accessing hidden chute....anyway thanks for the compliment on my talent.

If you found it a compliment then we're good.
You're not focusing on skies but finding joy in your childish statements.`
It seems like you have lots of free time, I suggest you to spend more time on voluntary charity work and other more meaningful things.
Trust me, It's good for your character grooming, besides good deeds may write off a couple of your karma.
Don't gloat yet, the moderator just might remove you.

Pro888
18-10-12, 15:26
Me 2. Also kpo here. Otherwise will be very quiet like Katong Regency or KR.

Eco price ok and will see the returns.
Next plot beside optima price will be abv "threshold"
Latest plot infront of mrt will be excessive unless govt announce plan for mixed development beside optima.

Also looking at Petir Rd & Hillview areas.

Petir Rd (Treehouse, Foresque & Eco. S) = Tenah Merah area, price movement behavior ??? Unlikely imo. Without larger pool of land ppty owners, without business parks, without future development attractions (like institution etc). So to conclude, Eco. S with $1217psf 2nd flr 3bd is over excessive. What will the price be for those abv 20 flr?
Since i have planted most of my seeds 2004/5, 2009, 2010, 2011. Waiting to execute.....
Only got 1 future plan, to buy Yishun Hub for own stay (move south to north) or to pump in $$$ in 1 stock (5 bagger)??Be contented??

Pro888
18-10-12, 15:42
It seems like you have lots of free time, I suggest you to spend more time on voluntary charity work and other more meaningful things.
Trust me, It's good for your character grooming, besides good deeds may write off a couple of your karma.

U heard? Price of foresque suddenly drop $100k, some more premium block. Clear stocks??? Must kpo there already.

Xan
18-10-12, 16:00
U heard? Price of foresque suddenly drop $100k, some more premium block. Clear stocks??? Must kpo there already.

Yea, i noticed it too, wonder how the early foresque buyers will feel.

Xan
18-10-12, 16:03

Congrats.
I was there as well.
So how much u pay for your 2br?

Pro888
18-10-12, 16:03

See lah. Since you dun need the aircon ledge & balcony for your foresque, developer has indirectly taken it away. Wow!!! Drop of $100k for foresque is huge. Bao yin so fast?? 1 night only 1 night only.

jacelynchia
18-10-12, 16:11

Hahaha, I am not bias lah.I do invest in other projects before.
If the final project falls below expectation, I will also know how to compare and not buy and invest in their future projects.
300k more for view is indeed not cheap.
Hope you huat too!

danntbt
18-10-12, 16:14
...no worries, remove me if they have to, if my comments merit that. I have not resort to name calling nor have i label others....if you are happy with your purchase, why are you bothered about comments that go against your opinion? So far I have just presenting my views....too bad some people got offended. Whether I give to charity is my business that I decide for myself....I just like TCSS like Pro888...guess as his name suggest he is pro not anti...I am nt as my name suggest...

Emma
18-10-12, 16:15
Thanks Xan.
I just pm-ed you.
The atmosphere on that day was quite electrifying i thought.

Congrats.
I was there as well.
So how much u pay for your 2br?

Emma
18-10-12, 16:17
yep name calling is :tsk-tsk:
anything else I am fine..

...no worries, remove me if they have to, if my comments merit that. I have not resort to name calling nor have i label others....if you are happy with your purchase, why are you bothered about comments that go against your opinion? So far I have just presenting my views....too bad some people got offended.

Pro888
18-10-12, 16:21
Yea, i noticed it too, wonder how the early foresque buyers will feel.

Nvr really checked in details but one forummer can even put down the unit #. It should be true. Frankly speaking, i nvr expected that (looking at areas, projects rather than individual ) with the upcoming Eco. S.
I need to reassess that area.
Is it developer saw i hv posted? Kancheong?? I m just stating the facts.
100% bad of coz. Now they should be very busy.

jacelynchia
18-10-12, 16:39
Nvr really checked in details but one forummer can even put down the unit #. It should be true. Frankly speaking, i nvr expected that (looking at areas, projects rather than individual ) with the upcoming Eco. S.
I need to reassess that area.
Is it developer saw i hv posted? Kancheong?? I m just stating the facts.
100% bad of coz. Now they should be very busy.

Wow, this is worrying.
If I bought at high prices at forest and realize now it went cheaper.
I would be mad because this jeopardise the prices at the particular condo and also affects the whole entire market.
If this is sold from developer, I don't think I can trust this developer. Only see $$$$$$$$.

danntbt
18-10-12, 17:18
That is why FEO can forever jack up price, they protect their buyers.....likewise some developer protect less preferred units with big quantum differential.

danntbt
18-10-12, 17:27
I didn't know there were so many ah gua pengs around, scare of mosquito, sun and cockroaches.So NJNL.
Now I know what SM stands for .....So Macho......

danntbt
18-10-12, 17:53
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8191/8099455139_480bdba85d_o.jpg

...anyway plenty of other development coming up.....on top of demarcated once, there are a few reserved(in yellow) plots....plus a larger piece pending detailed planning....how do we read this? Possible Malls coming up somewhere....but there are some even more attractive plots lower to the left....of SM and MR....plus more coming up to the right of both...Both MR and SM taking up only a small segment of the land available here...

sunrise
18-10-12, 18:28
if developer slash 200k even better, coz i haven't step in.
I waiting to see eco S layout and make the final decision.
of couse I like dairy farm. its very central i think. long term
save a lot of petrol.

thanks pro888 for informing me foresque slash its price.
I'm waiting. come on...............more discount please.
:cheers5:

Laguna
18-10-12, 18:41
$$$$$$$$.

Ooops, u mail box quota exceeded

jacelynchia
18-10-12, 18:46
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8191/8099455139_480bdba85d_o.jpg

...anyway plenty of other development coming up.....on top of demarcated once, there are a few reserved(in yellow) plots....plus a larger piece pending detailed planning....how do we read this? Possible Malls coming up somewhere....but there are some even more attractive plots lower to the left....of SM and MR....plus more coming up to the right of both...Both MR and SM taking up only a small segment of the land available here...

This is useful information. Thank you very much!:)
With the confirmed Private school confirmed and land available, Developers sure will make use of this point and sell at high prices.

Will any future project block skies's views in the future?

jacelynchia
18-10-12, 18:50
Ooops, u mail box quota exceeded

Thanks for helping!
Are you investing in any others as well?

jacelynchia
18-10-12, 18:53
if developer slash 200k even better, coz i haven't step in.
I waiting to see eco S layout and make the final decision.
of couse I like dairy farm. its very central i think. long term
save a lot of petrol.

thanks pro888 for informing me foresque slash its price.
I'm waiting. come on...............more discount please.
:cheers5:

Why do you think Developer slash 200k?
If they can sell for more, why don't they hold further?
But of course, If you like the place, then it's a steal.
200k is almost down payment already!

sunrise
18-10-12, 20:57
Why do you think Developer slash 200k?
If they can sell for more, why don't they hold further?
But of course, If you like the place, then it's a steal.
200k is almost down payment already!

I hope they make another Big discount and I can forget about Eco. Now very tempting.

danntbt
18-10-12, 22:17
This is useful information. Thank you very much!:)
With the confirmed Private school confirmed and land available, Developers sure will make use of this point and sell at high prices.

Will any future project block skies's views in the future?
Just look at the plot ratio, the stretch in front adjacent to MR are at 1.4 ratio, meaning all low rise, but behind SM would prob be HDBs with the indicated 2.8 ratio. You can hope that the reserved plots(in yellow) are either PC or commercial plots. I guess the choice plot could be right smack in the middle of the golf course.... there is a large plot further up with pending detailed planning.....looking at the size of available land possibly will have a mall somewhere there.

E are for education - not necessary private....W worship. Grey is likely to be a petrol station.

kane
18-10-12, 23:03

which road do you take? 19mins? anyway, there's no more light traffic in singapore unless its in the wee hours of the morning. if there's light traffic, LTA also don't need to cut COE that drastically.

nav14
19-10-12, 09:14
which road do you take? 19mins? anyway, there's no more light traffic in singapore unless its in the wee hours of the morning. if there's light traffic, LTA also don't need to cut COE that drastically.
For eg from near Estuary, you will come across only one traffic light if there is someone who wants to crossover to the waterfront, before you hit CTE and the next traffic light is at Cairnhill or another minute to near Plaza Singapura. In fact can even make it in 18 mins.

einnoc
19-10-12, 16:11
Can see there are some property gurus here...Was wondering if anyone can advise me the following? Very new to all these.

1) Bad economy +QE = Low bank interest rate?
2) Good economy = high bank interest rate? Normal is 4%?
3) then 97 economy crisis, why high interest rate leh?
4) Assuming low interest till Yr 2015, shld take 3 yr locked in or 3M SIBOR no locked in for the loan leh?

jacelynchia
19-10-12, 16:42
For eg from near Estuary, you will come across only one traffic light if there is someone who wants to crossover to the waterfront, before you hit CTE and the next traffic light is at Cairnhill or another minute to near Plaza Singapura. In fact can even make it in 18 mins.

I stay near bukit panjang, The drive to orchard area is about 20-25 mins.
Then actually if that is the case, then it's very convenient!

Night
19-10-12, 17:31

So you will be moving to the north, how is it like at Bukit Panjang? I am actually looking around that area as well as Pasir Panjang.

jacelynchia
19-10-12, 19:01
So you will be moving to the north, how is it like at Bukit Panjang? I am actually looking around that area as well as Pasir Panjang.

Yes, Bukit panjang is a great place, and there is a bus that goes direct to town from cck, so many staying there chope seats at interchange.
It's quite convenient, Bukit panjang plaza and lot 1 quite near and the new mall junction 10.
Buying food is convenient as well!

Komo
19-10-12, 20:11
Yes, Bukit panjang is a great place, and there is a bus that goes direct to town from cck, so many staying there chope seats at interchange.
It's quite convenient, Bukit panjang plaza and lot 1 quite near and the new mall junction 10.
Buying food is convenient as well!
then you will definitely love yishun/Sembawang/upper Thomson :)

jacelynchia
19-10-12, 23:23
then you will definitely love yishun/Sembawang/upper Thomson :)

Looking Forward!:p

sunrise
19-10-12, 23:41
the pro went hiding after mischief. :doh:

aang1971
19-10-12, 23:44
Can see there are some property gurus here...Was wondering if anyone can advise me the following? Very new to all these.

1) Bad economy +QE = Low bank interest rate?
2) Good economy = high bank interest rate? Normal is 4%?
3) then 97 economy crisis, why high interest rate leh?
4) Assuming low interest till Yr 2015, shld take 3 yr locked in or 3M SIBOR no locked in for the loan leh?
97 and current crisis has very different momentum.

97 was issue of crisis in confidence in Asia economy. Hot money were flowing into Asia and it create a bubble. Some people felt the Asian currency was over valued and betted against certain currency. As a result currency value dropped and money flow out. Interest rates were kept high to encourage money to stay in the domestic economy.

So at that time Singapore interest rates were high.

Pro888
20-10-12, 00:45
the pro went hiding after mischief. :doh:\

Friday lah. There is a word call Family. Cannot always stn here at CondoSingapore. No wonder i felt some1 was missing me when watching TV:D

Sometimes, i MIA (missing in action) for few weeks (many north bros are aware). This forum is not everytin lah.

All areas are protected as of now. No cause of alarm.

shareidiot
20-10-12, 12:49
Heard from my agent that a mall has been confirmed. It is located neat ITE Yishun campus. Not sure if it is a big or small mall. Anyway, at least it ease the convenience.:cheers4:

jacelynchia
20-10-12, 13:45

Unlike you so macho.......
Come to this thread to disturb, you think I want to lurk around yours???
Not Until when you compare prices and said yours was a good buy and skies was not, then i checked and realized that who was the one who overpaid.

No matter how the refuse chute is designed, It not as it is not a good design.
Besides do you know having one refuse chute per level is way cheaper than having one in every unit.

Anyway, no matter what you sure slam us again.
A new mall is confirmed in yishun area so See you there sometime.

Pro888
20-10-12, 15:11
Also a new Hawker Ctr within the next 5 years. Abt 7mins walk fm Skies.

The exact location is directly opposite to what has been shown in the link. Some changes to masterplan 2008.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Potential+locations+of+the+seven+new+Hawker+Centres/

Xan
20-10-12, 15:37
Not Until when you compare prices and said yours was a good buy and skies was not, then i checked and realized that who was the one who overpaid.

Besides do you know having one refuse chute per level is way cheaper than having one in every unit.

A mall? Are you referring to the reserve site infront of shaughnessy or the one near yishun ITE?

DC33_2008
20-10-12, 15:51
San, you must be happier with your WT purchase following this week's announcement.
A mall? Are you referring to the reserve site infront of shaughnessy or the one near yishun ITE?

Kanarazu
20-10-12, 15:53
Also a new Hawker Ctr within the next 5 years. Abt 7mins walk fm Skies.

The exact location is directly opposite to what has been shown in the link. Some changes to masterplan 2008.

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Potential+locations+of+the+seven+new+Hawker+Centres/

Is the site where the playground/fitness corner is today?

Pro888
20-10-12, 15:58
Is the site where the playground/fitness corner is today?

The playgd & fitness will stay.

infront of blk 355. :D

danntbt
20-10-12, 17:42

:cheers5: :cheers5: :cheers5: Peace sister..but do calm down b4 u respond....you have the tendency to jump into conclusion and mixed up your facts.........if you only want to hear the good things....switch to 95FM.....don't think u will be see me at your lovely Mall any time in the future...too 'atas (at a secluded)location.... for me.....prefer the hawkers ctr and shop house in my neighborhood....btw I did not buy Foresque....too expensive for me.

Xan
20-10-12, 18:12
San, you must be happier with your WT purchase following this week's announcement.

Feel happier buying PC than WT at the v last min.
Esp after seeing eco. S and skies price. :D
Given the current cm, very difficult to play anymore.
Must wait at least 3 to 4 yrs to save up.

Xan
20-10-12, 18:52
I still dont think the site diagonal to sky is reserve for a mall.
Too gd to be true. Up to now, had yet seen any tangible evident from any sources.

Night
20-10-12, 19:10

Haha, not as Macho as a professionaly freelance photographer as you. Congrats on your purchase of Treehouse. TOP soon?

Fyi, i now listen to Hot91.3FM married man, Class95 stopped listening since long time ago.

danntbt
20-10-12, 20:31
Haha, not as Macho as a professionaly freelance photographer as you. Congrats on your purchase of Treehouse. TOP soon?

Fyi, i now listen to Hot91.3FM married man, Class95 stopped listening since long time ago.
.....Good Night.....91.3 is all the sweet oldies, like your taste.....goes well with the water view from SM.

azeoprop
20-10-12, 20:32

U mean this one?
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_F3BA824DDF46B86A1CAA28F3B766EB80B95C0100/filename/Yishun+Ring+Rd_Yishun+Ave+9+(Yishun+P4).pdf

Not very near miltonia area leh. :beats-me-man:

Kanarazu
20-10-12, 20:36
U mean this one?
http://www.hdb.gov.sg/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_F3BA824DDF46B86A1CAA28F3B766EB80B95C0100/filename/Yishun+Ring+Rd_Yishun+Ave+9+(Yishun+P4).pdf

Not very near miltonia area leh. :beats-me-man:

The commercial GFA should be able to yield more than around 150-200 shops?

nav14
22-10-12, 10:20

I timed myself again on Saturday morning. Left from near Estuary at 7.07am and reached Cairnhill 7.20am at average speed of 90km/h. So it is 13 minutes in light free flowing traffic and not 18 minutes. I was heading for Alexandra / Tanglin Rd junction and with all the traffic lights between Cairnhill and this location it took me a total of 20 mins. You can add another 2-3 minutes if from SM on the basis of only 1 red traffic light out of 2 on that route.

Komo
22-10-12, 11:50
The playgd & fitness will stay.

infront of blk 355. :D
squeezed into a corner with so limited parking space around. aso no public parking after 7pm?:doh:

p3nboy
22-10-12, 16:19
I have started this thread to highlight the refuse chute problem to the owners of 3 bedroom unit.

Study the floor plan carefully, locate the refuse chute. The access to the refuse chute is not practical. You need to access the chute from the inside of the cabinet. It is difficult to maintain the cleanliness and the storage space infront of the refuse chute is wasted!!

There are a total of 72 units with this layout. Hopefully we can work out something with the developer.

If you are one of the owner and are concern about the above matter. You can PM me for update.

nav14
22-10-12, 17:17
The big deal is that the rubbish chute directly faces the stove isn't that Yucks!
(So what if its concealed in a cabinet)

Study the floor plan n u will know it...

The problem nowadays is most buyers just rush in to crowded show flats n buy without going thru the floor plans in detail

This is not really a major issue. It is covered by cabinet so makes no difference the stove is at the opposite. Do not place utensils or food stuff in that cabinet camouflaging the rubbish chute. Put stuff like pails, cleansing liquids. equipment, etc. So no big deal even if there are the occasional cockroaches. Only small worry is that particular cabinet door will be prone to more wear and tear and door hinges will need to be changed more frequently.

NorthernStar
23-10-12, 07:09
hidden means a good chance for roaches to breed. u dont want to open the door and suddenly see so many roaches running around.
Nowadays, the rubbish chute's door are fully sealed.. if you don't open it, no way for cockroach to come it.. they usually come in by the water pathway..

make sure inside your cabinet is clean. nothing to do with whether the rubbish chute is inside or not? :2cents:

nav14
23-10-12, 09:15
Nowadays, the rubbish chute's door are fully sealed.. if you don't open it, no way for cockroach to come it.. they usually come in by the water pathway..

make sure inside your cabinet is clean. nothing to do with whether the rubbish chute is inside or not? :2cents:

Yes the rubbish chute is sealed but there have been occasions that I experienced when they sneak in the 1-2 seconds you open it to throw in the rubbish. They happen to be lurking around the edge of the chute.

Emma
23-10-12, 09:22
i know what you mean and i am terrified of cockroaches!
however if they were lurking around but still inside the chute, doesn't make a difference it the chute is concealed inside a cabinet or not right?
maybe make sure when you throw bags (especially containing liquids) away, they don't have a trail of anything leading from the chute to the inside of the cabinet.

Yes the rubbish chute is sealed but there have been occasions that I experienced when they sneak in the 1-2 seconds you open it to throw in the rubbish. They happen to be lurking around the edge of the chute.

NorthernStar
23-10-12, 09:34

my point is: whether is it inside or outside the cabinet, the problem is the same! That's why, i questioned one bro here before why he so particular on the rubbish chute been hidden or right in the kitchen? (and i guess he just want to talk down the development.)

The real problem is: the lower floor you stay, the more cockroaches u might see..regardless the rubbish chute is inside or outside. :D

p3nboy
23-10-12, 10:13
I have started this thread to highlight the refuse chute problem to the owners of 3 bedroom unit.

Study the floor plan carefully, locate the refuse chute. The access to the refuse chute is not practical. You need to access the chute from the inside of the cabinet. It is difficult to maintain the cleanliness and the storage space infront of the refuse chute is wasted!!

There are a total of 72 units with this layout. Hopefully we can work out something with the developer.

If you are one of the owner and are concern about the above matter. You can PM me for update.

p3nboy
23-10-12, 10:18
This is not really a major issue. It is covered by cabinet so makes no difference the stove is at the opposite. Do not place utensils or food stuff in that cabinet camouflaging the rubbish chute. Put stuff like pails, cleansing liquids. equipment, etc. So no big deal even if there are the occasional cockroaches. Only small worry is that particular cabinet door will be prone to more wear and tear and door hinges will need to be changed more frequently.

You still dont get it, everytime you throw rubbish, you need to remove whatever is inside the cabinet in order to open the chute. :doh:

Pro888
23-10-12, 12:38
Abt 7 mins drive from here

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pwbid/urban/springleaf/springleaf-p.html

Govt kick start the development on this proposal yesterday.

p3nboy
23-10-12, 13:01
Jacelynchia,

please check your PM.

jacelynchia
23-10-12, 18:30
Jacelynchia,

please check your PM.

I have claeared my inob, never login for past days.
Thanks

Pikachu1245
25-10-12, 00:01
Than how abt Foresque at $1454psf?

I have talked abt Centris @ Jurong pt.
I have talked abt Centro Res @ AMK
I have talked abt Watertown
I have talked abt Caspian @ Lakeside
I have talked abt latest land price for Tenah Merah
I have talked abt latest land price for Bukit Panjang Integrated hub and future pricing
I have talked abt latest land price for Thomson area
I have talked abt upcoming land price for Yishun hub.

Market forces will determine the price.
When u see something like Sky Habitat, 0 sales last month, then u can say it is overpriced. Nothing wrong with the design or location.

Yishun condo will be priced between $1000 to $1500. :D
The take up rate for Yishun pte

The Estuary fully sold
Miltonia Res fully sold
Skies Miltonia 80% sold
8 Courtyard 97% sold
Canberra Res 98% sold as at Sep
The Nautical 84% sold

Base on objective evidence here, seems like
SM(Yishun) up 1 point, Foresque(Petir Rd) ,down 1 point.
Everyone Agree?

einnoc
25-10-12, 10:24
Went to the showroom on last rainy Sunday. Surprised to see so many cars and interested buyers there. I wondered what's the takeup rate by now. Anyone knows?

p3nboy
25-10-12, 10:35
Originally Posted by p3nboy

If you are one of the owner and are concern about the matter. You can PM me for update.

p3nboy
25-10-12, 11:15
Go to the show room and talk to the developer while they are still at the show room.

nav14
25-10-12, 16:04
Go to the show room and talk to the developer while they are still at the show room.

What will the developer do? Change the floor plan & shift the rubbish chute? Of course not.

p3nboy
26-10-12, 10:14
What will the developer do? Change the floor plan & shift the rubbish chute? Of course not.

you have nothing better to do?

DC33_2008
26-10-12, 13:01
It is rather difficult as buyer has signed on the dotted line with theirs eyes open by looking at the showflat and floor plan. ;)

Laguna
26-10-12, 13:18
It is rather difficult as buyer has signed on the dotted line with theirs eyes open by looking at the showflat and floor plan. ;)

I think, I may even miss out this as well as this is so small to spot and the agent will not explain on this.

DC33_2008
26-10-12, 13:23
Suppose it is never easy to check everthing at the showflat when it is selling so hot. I will usually do a site survey, orientation if the bldg, sun path at different times, ventilation, etc, prior the opening of the showflat.
I think, I may even miss out this as well as this is so small to spot and the agent will not explain on this.

Laguna
26-10-12, 13:25
Suppose it is never easy to check everthing at the showflat when it is selling so hot. I will usually do a site survey, orientation if the bldg, sun path at different times, ventilation, etc, prior the opening of the showflat.

yes, but ur a seasoned player....
and how many buyers like u?

DC33_2008
26-10-12, 13:55
Well property investment is a big ticket item and better do all the homework. Otherwise it can be an expensive lesson.
yes, but ur a seasoned player....
and how many buyers like u?

Komo
26-10-12, 19:36
that's why important to do homework before going down ... especially for the smaller developer :D
in any case isn't there a 7 day cooling period or something where buyer can walk off without penalty? otherwise any change request if accepted usually subject to forgoing other rights:D

jacelynchia
26-10-12, 20:45
that's why important to do homework before going down ... especially for the smaller developer :D
in any case isn't there a 7 day cooling period or something where buyer can walk off without penalty? otherwise any change request if accepted usually subject to forgoing other rights:D

I think many buyers did their homework like I did before choosing my ideal unit.
Anyway, this is a small issue lah.
I won't be that idiotic to wait for 3 hours before balloting called my name and just to give up my unit because of the refuse chute.
If the issue cannot be resolved and buyers have issue with it, then consider selling it because with the two available land beside skies and the yishun hub project sure will be selling way higher than skies given that Land price increased so at least skies buyers are safe with pricing and open to more options.

Pro888
26-10-12, 23:33
I think many buyers did their homework like I did before choosing my ideal unit.
I won't be that idiotic to wait for 3 hours before balloting called my name and just to give up my unit because of the refuse chute.
If the issue cannot be resolved and buyers have issue with it, then consider selling it because with the two available land beside skies and the yishun hub project sure will be selling way higher than skies given that Land price increased so at least skies buyers are safe with pricing and open to more options.

Not even a issue to me. Can consider my suggestions earlier if it is a concern or ask maid to do yoga. :D

danntbt
27-10-12, 20:47

...selling entails:
1)
Holding period of 1 year : 16% of price or market value, whichever is higher
Holding period of 2 years : 12% of price or market value, whichever is higher
Holding period of 3 years : 8% of price or market value, whichever is higher
Holding period of 4 years : 4% of price or market value, whichever is higher
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=10212

2) Agent's fee

3) legal fees

Existing property prices do not necessary match new launches for various reasons.

Possibly cheaper to just renovate the kitchen.

jacelynchia
27-10-12, 21:03
...selling entails:
1)
Holding period of 1 year : 16% of price or market value, whichever is higher
Holding period of 2 years : 12% of price or market value, whichever is higher
Holding period of 3 years : 8% of price or market value, whichever is higher
Holding period of 4 years : 4% of price or market value, whichever is higher
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=10212

2) Agent's fee

3) legal fees

Existing property prices do not necessary match new launches for various reasons.

Possibly cheaper to just renovate the kitchen.

Of course sell only after 4 years!
When the two other plots are building and with the yishun hub, sure make money!
Maybe for those who really find it an issue consider it as an investment, congrats in advance!

Laguna
27-10-12, 21:19
Maybe for those who really find it an issue consider it as an investment, congrats in advance!

I never make such assumption.

danntbt
27-10-12, 21:49

....neither do I, but hope we are not the minority....

AKvins
27-10-12, 22:00
many seasoned property investors are staying on the sidelines. Prices are rising partly because people are still assuming that they're sure to make money.

Xan
27-10-12, 22:17
Im not sure why with yishun hub, skies will make money.
Skies is not even near yishun hub. Cant walk there.

jacelynchia
27-10-12, 22:44

Speaking from a experienced buyer/investors' confidence.
Maybe other make find me overconfident but if Buyers and investors do not have that confidence in yishun, will they even invest in the first place given that the price is high?
Besides anyone think that the two plots of land one left and right will be selling cheaper than skies? Just on this fact, I am confident!
Private school from Dubai is confirmed, will have demand at homes in miltonia area.

jklm
27-10-12, 22:51
Buying Skies is not about amenities, is about the reservoir and golf course views and the fresh air.

With so many MRT lines coming up, more and more of the properties in S'pore will be near the MRT Stations. But premium views will always stay and will become more valuable.

I am vested, my unit is on high floor.:cool:

Allthepies
27-10-12, 22:59

You can spot a real hub when u see government pump real money into the area to build lots of roads, commercial, hotels, shopping malls. look at the number of white sites and dark blue sites. If u find little of them, then ur hub is just a hut. :D :D

Kanarazu
27-10-12, 23:10
Maybe other make find me overconfident but if Buyers and investors do not have that confidence in yishun, will they even invest in the first place given that the price is high?
Besides anyone think that the two plots of land one left and right will be selling cheaper than skies? Just on this fact, I am confident!
Private school from Dubai is confirmed, will have demand at homes in miltonia area.

I don't think the international school is from Dubai.

Pro888
27-10-12, 23:52
You can spot a real hub when u see government pump real money into the area to build lots of roads, commercial, hotels, shopping malls. look at the number of white sites and dark blue sites. If u find little of them, then ur hub is just a hut. :D :D

Govt where got pump in money in white/ dk blue sites (JLD/ PLD etc). They gain more by selling expensive land. They spend only on roads & rails network & hospital. :D

Pro888
27-10-12, 23:59
I don't think the international school is from Dubai.

Not so much of a concern where this school is from, the more important thing is the intention. As said earlier, they have already work out the numbers with EDB and pumping in millions is not a simple decision. Can google to find Gems :D

Laguna
28-10-12, 11:06
When the two other plots are building and with the yishun hub, sure make money! Maybe for those who really find it an issue consider it as an investment, congrats in advance!

The market needs you to support.

jacelynchia
28-10-12, 11:29
The market needs you to support.

Hahaha, I am still looking to invest in another property, just can't decide on which, I am very particular about if the place can still be developed and also the design and facilities.
Some just overcrowding with units, I really can't go into that because imagine just half of the project ,400 plus or more are for sale or rent, can't imagine. Too much competition in one project in a no no for me.
And Definitely I do not want where the area is matured and high prices can only benefit existing properties and not their own purchases like some others who thought skies is not a good deal while theirs is.....Time will tell. Some thought comparing their purchases to skies make them feel safe but the reality will soon kick in, they will soon realize their investment will end up in the chute!

Laguna
28-10-12, 11:52
Hahaha, I am still looking to invest in another property, just can't decide on which, I am very particular about if the place can still be developed and also the design and facilities.
Some just overcrowding with units, I really can't go into that because imagine just half of the project ,400 plus or more are for sale or rent, can't imagine. Too much competition in one project in a no no for me.
And Definitely I do not want where the area is matured and high prices can only benefit existing properties and not their own purchases like some others who thought skies is not a good deal while theirs is.....Time will tell. Some thought comparing their purchases to skies make them feel safe but the reality will soon kick in, they will soon realize their investment will end up in the chute!

perhaps, u, an experienced buyer/investor, other than skies, what are the good ones u have, so we can look up for buy.

danntbt
28-10-12, 14:05
perhaps, u, an experienced buyer/investor, other than skies, what are the good ones u have, so we can look up for buy.
....I am all ears too, I have been sitting on trees for too long, in need of advice. Sg property market can continues to prospers with more 'investors' like this.....:cheers5:

jacelynchia
28-10-12, 16:18

I am definitely not as experienced as you, you have been in this forum for so long.
My key points are area with potential as in more developments instead of a matured area, competition level must not be too high in a certain project unless for homestay where's it is cheaper but still have to share facilities with so many units.
I really want to go into punggol area but I am not very familiar of that location , a bit scared and the price now very high.
What are your views?

DC33_2008
28-10-12, 16:34
Laguna asked a good question to understand your profile first. Next question is your budget and size.

Laguna
28-10-12, 16:47
I am definitely not as experienced as you, you have been in this forum for so long.

I am no where near experienced, just missed so many boats before, and read so many projects wrongly.

What I don't like is your remark in red :

Some thought comparing their purchases to skies make them feel safe but the reality will soon kick in, they will soon realize their investment will end up in the chute!

apologise for being so direct

Moo2010
28-10-12, 17:08
I am no where near experienced, just missed so many boats before, and read so many projects wrongly.

Some thought comparing their purchases to skies make them feel safe but the reality will soon kick in, they will soon realize their investment will end up in the chute!

Why apologise?
She definitely knows nothing about property and is arrogant when she made that statement.

Laguna
28-10-12, 17:30
I went to the showflat twice, and rather lazy to write a review on this project. As the remark of "Some thought comparing their purchases to skies make them feel safe but the reality will soon kick in, they will soon realize their investment will end up in the chute!" is so strong, so, perhaps I write something about this project.

Good :
good reservior view, and perhaps fresh air. I think this reservior is better than Bedok. Please note, in nite, it is a complete dark
Project layout design : reasonably good.
Pricing : fairly ok.

Negative :
1. internal layout not so efficient
2. lack of good public transport

For own stay : ok but must have car.
for investment : so so

aang1971
28-10-12, 19:19
I went to the showflat twice before the launch and once after, as I was considering vesting.

The hardsell by Hutton and Propnex agents turn me off, why hardsell if you are so confident.

I kindda of suspect they are talking the place up...as they know there are excessive liquidity in the market. Must be the strategy of the developer.

I dun find value..wife ane myself decided to vest in a freehold but older condo near central area...for the same kind of price skies is asking for..maybe I get lucky with enbloc lolz

price
28-10-12, 19:37
I went to the showflat twice before the launch and once after, as I was considering vesting.

The hardsell by Hutton and Propnex agents turn me off, why hardsell if you are so confident.

I kindda of suspect they are talking the place up...as they know there are excessive liquidity in the market. Must be the strategy of the developer.

I dun find value..wife ane myself decided to vest in a freehold but older condo near central area...for the same kind of price skies is asking for..maybe I get lucky with enbloc lolz

They hard sell to earn your commission. :rolleyes:

rattydrama
28-10-12, 19:39
I will go in only for the view. Thats all. But again, I am concern of the noise from the flyers.

The reservoir view from the last project was around 1.1m, best view, now a 9sty view was 1.33m...however, I dont feel anything for missing the boat again. maybe buyer to consider resale of estuary for own stay before buying this.

anyway best stack 2 bedder 04-04 still on sale yesterday...72xk...

jacelynchia
28-10-12, 19:40

Oh, not directly at anyone.
I thought all readers have are mainly concerned by the refuse chute problem of skies? No?
Why come here in the first place?

Did'nt think any would pay attention to my statement but rest assured not directing at anyone else besides those who just came to this thread, soaking up the fun by useless comments on the chute issue.
That's all.

jacelynchia
28-10-12, 19:46
I will go in only for the view. Thats all. But again, I am concern of the noise from the flyers.

The reservoir view from the last project was around 1.1m, best view, now a 9sty view was 1.33m...however, I dont feel anything for missing the boat again. maybe buyer to consider resale of estuary for own stay before buying this.

estuary owners made a pile for sure! Congrats!

The two bedder has no view but pricing still very reasonable.
There was one 3 bedder compact unit at 8 floors selling 1.193m, price increased a lot!
Skies is 80 percent sold.

reefy
28-10-12, 19:51
Come to think of it, the waterfront series are about the same price as this.:cheers6:

star
28-10-12, 20:25

Y must she apologise? This is a forum. If u cannot tolerate people just keep it to yourself. If not u r not suitable for forum.

Laguna
28-10-12, 20:31
Oh, not directly at anyone.
I thought all readers have are mainly concerned by the refuse chute problem of skies? No?
Why come here in the first place?

Did'nt think any would pay attention to my statement but rest assured not directing at anyone else besides those who just came to this thread, soaking up the fun by useless comments on the chute issue.
That's all.

ok I stop here.

Laguna
28-10-12, 20:34
Y must she apologise? This is a forum. If u cannot tolerate people just keep it to yourself. If not u r not suitable for forum.

well, another newbie....if everyone just come here and claim, " I am an experienced buyer / investor...." " your investment will be down into the chute" then this is not going to be a fruitful forum.

Allthepies
28-10-12, 20:41
Govt where got pump in money in white/ dk blue sites (JLD/ PLD etc). They gain more by selling expensive land. They spend only on roads & rails network & hospital. :D

Yes, to tempt developers to pump billions in, they must build up the infrastructure first :)

Laguna
28-10-12, 20:55
My key points are area with potential as in more developments instead of a matured area, competition level must not be too high in a certain project unless for homestay where's it is cheaper but still have to share facilities with so many units.
I really want to go into punggol area but I am not very familiar of that location , a bit scared and the price now very high.
What are your views?

I am not sure how many properties u have on hand and your commitment etc. I can only suggest u park your $ in different asset class with good degree of liquidity.

If u want to buy Punggol for own stay, it is ok.
But if u want to buy for investment, think harder.

What I can read is, the yield from properties is going to be lower.

new2mondrian
28-10-12, 21:00

As much as I sympathise with your situation, honestly I do not think anything could be done about it from a legal perspective. From developer's standpoint, it is a classic case of caveat emptor. Since u guys signed on the dotted line, really there is no incentive for the developer now to amend the original terms of the contract, contact all buyers, and come to a new legally enforceable position that caters to the needs of all the affected buyers. There is no upside, only downside from the perspective of increased legal and admin costs, possible delays in the project and of course, slower to collect the monies with each stage of completion.

My advice is to talk with your ID and see how to salvage the situation. The layout is challenging, but not insurmountable. Is the kitchen window a full length window? If not, the cooker could be shifted be right in front of the window. The whole length of the cabinet along the cooker side could be removed. The chute could then be easily accessible.

If the kitchen cabinet is insufficient, a possibility is to set up a row of cabinets as a dry kitchen along the HS wall. Can always explore with the ID. Possible the whole thing will set u back by 3-4k, but certainly much better than a sub-optimal situation which u will have to live with on a daily basis in time to come.

GT23
28-10-12, 21:11

hi, i thought best stack 2-bedder is stack 1?

jacelynchia
28-10-12, 21:22
As much as I sympathise with your situation, honestly I do not think anything could be done about it from a legal perspective. From developer's standpoint, it is a classic case of caveat emptor. Since u guys signed on the dotted line, really there is no incentive for the developer now to amend the original terms of the contract, contact all buyers, and come to a new legally enforceable position that caters to the needs of all the affected buyers. There is no upside, only downside from the perspective of increased legal and admin costs, possible delays in the project and of course, slower to collect the monies with each stage of completion.

My advice is to talk with your ID and see how to salvage the situation. The layout is challenging, but not insurmountable. Is the kitchen window a full length window? If not, the cooker could be shifted be right in front of the window. The whole length of the cabinet along the cooker side could be removed. The chute could then be easily accessible.

If the kitchen cabinet is insufficient, a possibility is to set up a row of cabinets as a dry kitchen along the HS wall. Can always explore with the ID. Possible the whole thing will set u back by 3-4k, but certainly much better than a sub-optimal situation which u will have to live with on a daily basis in time to come.

Thanks or the constructive comment.
I have already spoken to my ID friend, he said not a problem but have to wait and see how can it be changed but I'm sure something can be done.

jacelynchia
28-10-12, 21:41
https://vimeo.com/49663181
This is the animation video for skies!

http://www.skiesmiltonia.com.sg

jacelynchia
28-10-12, 21:42
Went to the showroom on last rainy Sunday. Surprised to see so many cars and interested buyers there. I wondered what's the takeup rate by now. Anyone knows?

Hi, It is 80% sold now!

danntbt
28-10-12, 21:44
.....try reading the post again before you jumped at Laguna.....think you owe him an apology, otherwise you might want to think about your suitability for the forum as well......if you don't get it here's a clue....try to find out the difference between apologies and apologize.......

.....apologies for being direct star...er I am apologizing....not asking for your apologies for myself.... er for Laguna...yes you(Star) should apologize to him(Laguna).....get it?

Laguna
28-10-12, 22:01
.....try reading the post again before you jumped at Laguna.....think you owe him an apology, otherwise you might want to think about your suitability for the forum as well......if you don't get it here's a clue....try to find out the difference between apologies and apologize.......

.....apologies for being direct star...er I am apologizing....not asking for your apologies for myself.... er for Laguna...yes you(Star) should apologize to him(Laguna).....get it?

Thanks for clarifying on my behalf. Anyway, this is trivial to me.

danntbt
28-10-12, 22:09
Thanks for clarifying on my behalf. Anyway, this is trivial to me.
...haha, very magnanimous of you....some people just get too worked up and do not read with understanding and missed the fun and puns on the forum....

bakasa2002
28-10-12, 22:33
Hi, It is 80% sold now!

Finally got the chance to visit tdy and yeap was told it's 80% sold ... Was quoted one on the 8 flr supposingly w view at about 1250psf and 3 flr wo view at 10xx psf, the prices can really be quite a big diff.

It's a nice proj w quality finishing. Congrats to all SM buyers. ;)

jklm
28-10-12, 23:17
I went to the showflat twice, and rather lazy to write a review on this project. As the remark of "Some thought comparing their purchases to skies make them feel safe but the reality will soon kick in, they will soon realize their investment will end up in the chute!" is so strong, so, perhaps I write something about this project.

Good :
good reservior view, and perhaps fresh air. I think this reservior is better than Bedok. Please note, in nite, it is a complete dark
Project layout design : reasonably good.
Pricing : fairly ok.

Negative :
1. internal layout not so efficient
2. lack of good public transport

For own stay : ok but must have car.
for investment : so so

why you think internal layout not so efficient? which stack in particular? My agent said SM's layout is most efficient among those in the north.

for investment, why so so? is 3~5% ok?

Laguna
28-10-12, 23:55
why you think internal layout not so efficient? which stack in particular? My agent said SM's layout is most efficient among those in the north.

for investment, why so so? is 3~5% ok?

I provide my assessment on the internal layout, and please note, this is my assessment and hope would not upset the buyers of SM.

1. the developer shall do away of home shulter within the unit.
2. there is quite some wastage in most of the master bedrooms.
3. the worst is the double balcony. What u need is a good size balcony outside the living room with some outdoor sofa. In SM, u have a small balcony outside living room and a huge balcony for the master bedroom, and u cannot use the one at the master bedroom to entertain friends. Some stacks have odd shape balcony. Some balcony is very long and narrow, not meaningful at all.
4. I don't have the exact measurement, but AC ledge looks big.
5. Most of the living room is too narrow in width. U cannot have a good sofa set for a family of 4. Also, a narrow living room makes the place not so grand.

From the investment aspect, my view :

1. all properties bought from this year onward, the upside potential is getting smaller and limited, unless u really can find a superb buy, but very difficult.
2. investment giving 3-5% yield is considered as so so. There are forummers here getting 6-12%.

Laguna
29-10-12, 00:09
To add, those units with walk in wallrobe, it does not come with doors. I am nit sure how tidy is yours, mine definitely is worst than rojak

jacelynchia
29-10-12, 00:16
I provide my assessment on the internal layout, and please note, this is my assessment and hope would not upset the buyers of SM.

3. the worst is the double balcony. What u need is a good size balcony outside the living room with some outdoor sofa. In SM, u have a small balcony outside living room and a huge balcony for the master bedroom, and u cannot use the one at the master bedroom to entertain friends. Some stacks have odd shape balcony. Some balcony is very long and narrow, not meaningful at all.
5. Most of the living room is too narrow in width. U cannot have a good sofa set for a family of 4. Also, a narrow living room makes the place not so grand.

1. all properties bought from this year onward, the upside potential is getting smaller and limited, unless u really can find a superb buy, but very difficult.
2. investment giving 3-5% yield is considered as so so. There are forummers here getting 6-12%.

I find the living room too small, but my ID says no problem.
I think some people prefer bigger balconies, I think when guests and visitors come to the house and can see the view from living room and stand by the balcony, it would be nice.
I feel balcony is necessary for this project because of views, some like bigger balconies so up to own preferences.
That is why I bought the compact instead of the premium.
The wardrobe have sliding doors.
Anyway anyone has pictures of the showflat, the decor looks so grand and I really like the wallpaper!
People have rights to be skeptical of investments at skies but I am confident the next two plots will at least be 100-300 psf higher, give it some time, time will prove it.
Besides, I think once we receive the keys, many will stay there!

Laguna
29-10-12, 08:19
The kitchen is too small for those cook often

mantrix
29-10-12, 09:40

so to get 5% yield, assuming a 3BR compact is bought at 1.26M, then it needs to be rented out at 5250 per mth.

Right now that is virtually impossible in that region IMO...

nav14
29-10-12, 10:13
I find the living room too small, but my ID says no problem.
I think some people prefer bigger balconies, I think when guests and visitors come to the house and can see the view from living room and stand by the balcony, it would be nice.
I feel balcony is necessary for this project because of views, some like bigger balconies so up to own preferences.
That is why I bought the compact instead of the premium.
The wardrobe have sliding doors.
Anyway anyone has pictures of the showflat, the decor looks so grand and I really like the wallpaper!
People have rights to be skeptical of investments at skies but I am confident the next two plots will at least be 100-300 psf higher, give it some time, time will prove it.
Besides, I think once we receive the keys, many will stay there!

To really appreciate the view, best is not to have balconies. How often is one going to the balcony to stand there and look at the view. For how long would you stand or sit at the balcony in our hot climate. Best way of enjoying such views is to have an ceiling to floor window with no balcony and sofa placed immediately next to the window. You can watch your tv, do your reading in comfort while taking a peep every now and then at the view. You can do this for 2-3 hours at one go. Would you spend so much time at the balcony?

jacelynchia
29-10-12, 11:22
To really appreciate the view, best is not to have balconies. How often is one going to the balcony to stand there and look at the view. For how long would you stand or sit at the balcony in our hot climate. Best way of enjoying such views is to have an ceiling to floor window with no balcony and sofa placed immediately next to the window. You can watch your tv, do your reading in comfort while taking a peep every now and then at the view. You can do this for 2-3 hours at one go. Would you spend so much time at the balcony?

Haha, maybe it's just me.
I find it romantic and the air is good at living room, can imagine inviting friends over for dinner and the dinning area can see the view!
I don't know others but my unit can see nice pool view as well plus golf course plus reservoir, three at once and there is a cloudy bay design, wonder how it will look like from the unit?
Maybe some don't like balconies or find it unnecessary, that is why I bought compact not premium, premium all three bedroom have balconies.
I do know some who like the premium but I don't think It's necessary for me.
The view in the master bedroom is ideal, relaxing resort style living.

zeamybro
29-10-12, 11:28
I understand majority of the people are not so willing to accept big balconies, as they find it a waste of space. I was once very much an anti-balcony person myself until i get to experience it one day. If the balcony has an unblocked view, the experience could be very shiok. Imagine lying on an outdoor couch, reading a book/ipad, having some titbits, occassionally dozing off while listening to the music and enjoying the breeze and looking at the sky and clouds. The type of 'open-ness' feeling is not what you can get from staying behind the windows. If you have any parties or gatherings, you could even set-up the buffet tables there. But once again, thats only provided your balcony has an unblocked (not necc to be fantastic) view without the west sun.

If you were to visit some of those D15 condos, you would see most of the balconies are fully utilized. By evening esp on wkends, you would see much activities on the balconies with folks lazing around on the couches, reading, chatting etc. Many of these balconies are really beautifully done up.

As for SM, i believe the views would be fantastic, but price wise is really steep in my opinion. But that again depends on individual. If you really like a place, you would value it differently from others, so what may seem expensive to others need not be necc expensive to you.