PDA

View Full Version : Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

aang1971
11-10-12, 10:52
you should go SM vvip.

after 30min in Q, is my turn(so excited, either #10-xx or #08-xx). I chose #10-xx, booking staff said #10-xx taken by the client in the 2nd Q next to me. staff: only left #08-xx, u want? u want? else wait at the side.....worse than fish market, u cant bargain.

Unless singaporean learn not to be so kia-su...else developer will leverage on our mentality

MR also suffers the same fate..stacks in first row mostly taken up by friends and associates...what left is sold like clearance sales at Sinagpore Expo..take it or the one behind you will

But take up was not like SM so still have some choice unit after the VVIP...and they extend preview price for 1 week haha

now buyers are laughing to the bank

p3nboy
11-10-12, 11:15
Unless singaporean learn not to be so kia-su...else developer will leverage on our mentality

MR also suffers the same fate..stacks in first row mostly taken up by friends and associates...what left is sold like clearance sales at Sinagpore Expo..take it or the one behind you will

But take up was not like SM so still have some choice unit after the VVIP...and they extend preview price for 1 week haha

now buyers are laughing to the bank

I was at MR showroom a few days before SM vvip, 2 penthouse near main entrance was selling below $1M(with occ membership). I am a sucker for view, is not my cup of tea.

Night
11-10-12, 11:20
I was at MR showroom a few days before SM vvip, 2 penthouse near main entrance was selling below $1M(with occ membership). I am a sucker for view, is not my cup of tea.

I was at MR a month back, beside the units facing and carpark entrance. They had some units facing the bin centre as well, the key plus point for me of getting a place in that area is really the view as well, lucky I waited out for SM instead.

einnoc
11-10-12, 11:24
you should go SM vvip.

after 30min in Q, is my turn(so excited, either #10-xx or #08-xx). I chose #10-xx, booking staff said #10-xx taken by the client in the 2nd Q next to me. staff: only left #08-xx, u want? u want? else wait at the side.....worse than fish market, u cant bargain.

SM vvip not on 5th oct morning mar? i bought in morning. Not many ppl leh. But i saw a super long queue outside by 10+am. By then time i left SM@11+am, the cars jammed the road all the way to traffic lights!

Fish mkt? kekeke.... Really expensive buys leh.

p3nboy
11-10-12, 11:28
SM vvip not on 5th oct morning mar? i bought in morning. Not many ppl leh. But i saw a super long queue outside by 10+am. By then time i left SM@11+am, the cars jammed the road all the way to traffic lights!

Fish mkt? kekeke.... Really expensive buys leh.

You must be the invited guest.

carbuncle
11-10-12, 11:29
YES! i will be using it for Al fresco dining, yoga, breakfast....unlike those road side balcony, all you get is Vrooommmmm......:doh:

love to see penboy do yoga in tight pants

Pro888
11-10-12, 11:34
YES! i will be using it for Al fresco dining, yoga, breakfast....unlike those road side balcony, all you get is Vrooommmmm......:doh:

Breezy as well. Can fly kite at the sky deck. :D

p3nboy
11-10-12, 11:35
love to see penboy do yoga in tight pants

notti.....notti...

carbuncle
11-10-12, 11:37
notti.....notti...

how advanced in yoga are you?

I can do the plough...

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 11:39
It was my first time attending a vvip and seeing so many agents in my life. Waited closed to an hour in the queue as there was 1 or 2 breaks in between. Very disappointed when I joined the queue to know stack 25 and 23 were sold out. It was like everyone was aiming for the same few units, perhaps the high psf didn't make it sell out just as fast. Wonder if there are any return units so far.

I know quite a few changed to a better unit but Regardless you change or return any unit, developer take 25% out of the 5% payment.
Price did went up again.

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 11:41
sorry, i made a mistake i mean i bought Blk 23, Stack 7 @ low level for 938 psf :( So kinda upset when u mention 880K for other stacks....\

komo, may i know what is ncl?

If you are getting block 23, The amount is very reasonable.
That block has one of the best views even if you do not get the high floors, the pool view would be to your advantage.

Sorry, am not very sure which blk you're at. If you get the pool view then it's a steal.

einnoc
11-10-12, 11:55
no lar... mine is not a gd blk. budget constraint. see the red star? :ashamed1:

Night
11-10-12, 12:07
I know quite a few changed to a better unit but Regardless you change or return any unit, developer take 25% out of the 5% payment.
Price did went up again.

Sigh, if I change now, I will lose 15k :(

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 12:24
no lar... mine is not a gd blk. budget constraint. see the red star? :ashamed1:

Actually it's ok.
I do understand budget problems.
I must say from my experiences, the cheap developments comes with extremely bad furnishing.
Rest assured, you are getting great furnishings and facilities.
Also the Fengshui Master You long zi bought premium nearing 1.4

Your unit is 3 bedder?

Night
11-10-12, 12:28
Actually it's ok.
I do understand budget problems.
I must say from my experiences, the cheap developments comes with extremely bad furnishing.
Rest assured, you are getting great furnishings and facilities.
Also the Fengshui Master You long zi bought premium nearing 1.4

Your unit is 3 bedder?

I heard another HK fengshui master allo bought a PH unit at SM.

p3nboy
11-10-12, 12:36
how advanced in yoga are you?

I can do the plough...

I can do mountain pose:D

einnoc
11-10-12, 12:42
yes jace, initially wanted to get 2 bedder. But the facing i like is $856K for level 8. i noticed the Masterplan is highrise buildings next to SM. So i opted for 3 bedrm compact with a poor facing instead.

wah, seem like fengshui masters like the North too?

lifeline
11-10-12, 14:17
my friend got a sms during lunch that fengshui master you long zi bought the ph. most likely only 1 fsm only. now becomes a marketing strategy.

PropertyNewbie
11-10-12, 14:32
Miltonia close is always in the news during dengue outbreaks.

Better buy high floor and invest in those insect magnetic screens on your windows.

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 14:49
yes jace, initially wanted to get 2 bedder. But the facing i like is $856K for level 8. i noticed the Masterplan is highrise buildings next to SM. So i opted for 3 bedrm compact with a poor facing instead.

856K for 8 storey high is not possible at all. What's the size for that unit?

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 14:51

Regardless, Feng Master buying Skies is good news.
Anyway are all on this forum bought skies?

einnoc
11-10-12, 15:01
856K for 8 storey high is not possible at all. What's the size for that unit?

2 bedder @856K, 743sqft

Pro888
11-10-12, 15:07
Regardless, Feng Master buying Skies is good news.
Anyway are all on this forum bought skies?

Forum unlike FB. So u will hear both positive & negative comments.

For your info on future central. Might have another institution here but that will come after the Yishun hub & Community hospital. As some space will be used for Temp. bus interchange & Temp polyclinic.

http://heartland.hdb.gov.sg/resources/5c.pdf

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 15:12
2 bedder @856K, 743sqft

Also not cheap.
You bought the 3 bedder for home stay or?

einnoc
11-10-12, 15:16
homestay. love this place. i grow up in yishun n i can tell u where r all the gd fd! lol

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 15:17
homestay. love this place. i grow up in yishun n i can tell u where r all the gd fd! lol

Then Don't worry too much.
This place is Fengshui Approval! haha
But I have checked I bought psf 1250 while online indicated 1100-1200.
Never stayed at yishun before but quite excited to try!

Night
11-10-12, 15:21

Pls share, I only know of the cha bee hoon nearby the spc petrol station is nice. Any esso station nearby?

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 15:24
I have seen the walkthrough video of skies but there's still a lot of facilities not shown in the video.
I did not see jogging tracks and the two or three gardens just a cloudy bay and sky gym but the actual would have much more than we expect.
Looking forward but not to mosquitos! haha

einnoc
11-10-12, 16:15
Hmm.... the nearest petrol station is SPC.
The nearest Esso shld be near Yishun Town Sec School.
Shell stations all near Chong Pang area.

Foodwise....heehee.
1) Blk 848 & Blk 845 coffee shops(one of them operated 24 hrs!)
-Rojak n Popiah are one of the better ones i tasted
-Fried Bee Hoon is not too bad
-Long queue at the Yong Tau Fu even on a Friday noon!
-Generally, the mixed veg rice stalls are pretty nice. More variety n cheaper n better-looking than those offered in Sembawang.
- Porridge has ah ma homecooked taste

2) Blk 925
-My fav chicken rice stall with a never-ending queue
-Duck rice comes with a potent herbal smell soup!
-Fish slice soup is equally good. Can taste the sweet freshness of fish. Unlike food court type.
- Durian crispy pancakes

3) Chong Pang
-Chu Chang Fen that is so smooth and has different fillings for u to choose
-Chwee Kueh is cheap and really gd but sinful
-Roast duck is famous but ex
-Fried bee hoon n fried chicken is a lot nicer than Blk 848

4) Sembawang area (opp SSC)
-White Bee Hoon+prawn ngoh hiang
-hong kong food not bad there
-Curry Fish head (not sure still there)
-Exotic Turte soup( interesting but i nvr dare to try)
-Heard that the bak kut teh is nice but nvr try too

5) Shami Banana leaf near khatib camp is gd but few carpark lots

6) Nasi lemak near chong pang camp has long q but i dunno if nice or not

7) Peach Garden @ OCC

8) Pinsi @ Safra

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 16:19

Foodwise....heehee.
1) Blk 848 coffee shops(one of them operated 24 hrs!)
-Generally, the mixed veg rice stalls are pretty nice. More variety n cheaper n better-looking than those offered in Sembawang.

2) Blk 925
-Fish slice soup is equally good. Can taste the sweet freshness of fish. Unlike food court type.
- Durian crispy pancakes

3) Chong Pang

7) Peach Garden @ OCC

8) Pinsi @ Safra

That's a lot of food. Thank you
Any members play golf at occ as well?

Night
11-10-12, 16:35

Foodwise....heehee.
1) Blk 848 & Blk 845 coffee shops(one of them operated 24 hrs!)

2) Blk 925
- Durian crispy pancakes

3) Chong Pang

7) Peach Garden @ OCC

8) Pinsi @ Safra

Wah so many thanks, must copy down, I heard about the white beehoon also. This area is also a good start point for cycling to ntu or changi village :)

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 16:36
Sigh, if I change now, I will lose 15k :(

your unit bought at 1.2 m? premium or compact?

p3nboy
11-10-12, 16:55
may i add one more:

9) Handler Bar @ sembawang water venture:cheers4:. This place comes with seaview.:D

einnoc
11-10-12, 17:01
Then Don't worry too much.
This place is Fengshui Approval! haha
But I have checked I bought psf 1250 while online indicated 1100-1200.
Never stayed at yishun before but quite excited to try!

Jace, may i know which website will show the online price?
Is it URA as below http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/PriceController.jpf ? i went in but i can oni view till aug 12

amazon777
11-10-12, 17:31

CAn PM me where are the good food in Yishun? Have been to chong pang, soso....

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 17:54
Is it URA as below http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/PriceController.jpf ? i went in but i can oni view till aug 12

No, agents have been sending me other projects details and list of recent properties transaction that's all but in the email, sgent quote skies as 1100-1200 but I bought over 1250.

Kanarazu
11-10-12, 17:57

Check URA data again on Nov 15 for the Oct data.

aang1971
11-10-12, 17:57
No, agents have been sending me other projects details and list of recent properties transaction that's all but in the email, sgent quote skies as 1100-1200 but I bought over 1250.

Sis, I think is ok.

Agent sent the median or the 1st 25 percentile.

Yours is a good stack, highly sought after so may belong to the upper 75 percentile.

Still a good deal.

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 17:59
Sis, I think is ok.

Agent sent the median or the 1st 25 percentile.

Yours is a good stack, highly sought after so may belong to the upper 75 percentile.

Still a good deal.

I see, using it for homestay.
You have a unit at miltonia residences right?

aang1971
11-10-12, 18:03
I see, using it for homestay.
You have a unit at miltonia residences right?

Yeap for home stay too...like the quietness of the area, and exclusive encave

a good place to chill after all the slogging and hardwork

dun like MRT or mixed development like Watertown, too busy

hopeful
11-10-12, 18:03

oh dear, you overpaid. if you havent exercise OTP, get the agents to look for a unit at 1150. Get that OTP and then let the OTP for current unit lapsed.

you lose 1.25% = 16psf.
but you save 1250-1150 = 100psf.

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 18:14
oh dear, you overpaid. if you havent exercise OTP, get the agents to look for a unit at 1150. Get that OTP and then let the OTP for current unit lapsed.

you lose 1.25% = 16psf.
but you save 1250-1150 = 100psf.

No, Not willing to give up my unit.
I count myself very lucky to get this unit and I'm very happy with it.
All lower prices because of lower floors unless you say you can get high floor at 1150 psf with a fantastic view.

I have been working so hard and it would be nice to relax in my crib with a gorgeous view!

Night
11-10-12, 18:21
No, Not willing to give up my unit.
I count myself very lucky to get this unit and I'm very happy with it.
All lower prices because of lower floors unless you say you can get high floor at 1150 psf with a fantastic view.

I have been working so hard and it would be nice to relax in my crib with a gorgeous view!

Same sentiments

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 18:45
Compact units, 1 unit per floor only so it's like private lifts.

Kanarazu
11-10-12, 18:57
Compact units, 1 unit per floor only so it's like private lifts.

What do you mean by private lifts? There are 4 stacks per block so there are 4 lifts per block?

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 19:09
What do you mean by private lifts? There are 4 stacks per block so there are 4 lifts per block?

The four units are different from the compact style.
Different places of access as well.
According to my agent, he told me that compact only one unit per floor so lifts are kind of like private lifts since no one on the same level is sharing.
Maybe you guys can try asking your agent in case you guys misunderstood but this is what i learn from my agent so thats why if you buy blk 25, level 6, your unit is 6-25

FamilyGuy72
11-10-12, 20:09
The four units are different from the compact style.
Different places of access as well.
According to my agent, he told me that compact only one unit per floor so lifts are kind of like private lifts since no one on the same level is sharing.
Maybe you guys can try asking your agent in case you guys misunderstood but this is what i learn from my agent so thats why if you buy blk 25, level 6, your unit is 6-25

Its true that each of the six blocks has only one 3rm compact stack. But I doubt it will have exclusive lift access from the other 3 stack sharing the same common area. Based on site plan, unit #06-25 resides in block 33. 3rm compact in block 25 is stack 11 so 6th floor unit will be #06-11.

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 21:12
I cannot confirm anything but that was told to me by my agent.
I think most probably the lifts serves one or two units per floor at most but there are only 1 unit per floors on block 25, really confused.
Please clarify with your respective agents as I was told but really cannot confirm. Thanks a lot!

Komo
11-10-12, 21:49
so for blk 25, is the staircase located between stack 10 & 11 or between 9 & 12? from the layout seems to be between 10 & 11 ....

Kanarazu
11-10-12, 22:01
so for blk 25, is the staircase located between stack 10 & 11 or between 9 & 12? from the layout seems to be between 10 & 11 ....

Stair well should be between 10 and 11. I suspect 2 lifts between 12 and 11.

DC33_2008
11-10-12, 22:05
How many % sold to date?

FamilyGuy72
11-10-12, 22:08

This picture shows the staircase between stack 30 and 31 so for blk 25 it should be between stack 10 and 11.

http://www.condotown.sg/webdir/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Aerial.jpg

Looking at the penthouse view top, it seems there is only one elevator shaft is located dead center of the block between stack 30 and 29. Hopefully its not drawn to scale and that shaft fits 2 lifts instead of just 1.

Kanarazu
11-10-12, 22:11
This picture shows the staircase between stack 30 and 31 so for blk 25 it should be between stack 10 and 11.

http://www.condotown.sg/webdir/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Aerial.jpg

Looking at the penthouse view top, it seems there is only one elevator shaft is located dead center of the block between stack 30 and 29. Hopefully its not drawn to scale and that shaft fits 2 lifts instead of just 1.

Smart guy! :)

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 22:35
Smart guy! :)

Thanks!
It is over 75 percent sold.

Komo
11-10-12, 22:59

Thanks! and great picture too! now can save as screen saver:p
personnally i would try to avoid units near staircase as may risk being inconvenienced by wet floor or "flooding" if it rains...also i don't like units too near the lifts...looks like the bigger units will have main doors right beside the lift :(

Pikachu1245
11-10-12, 23:00
Thanks!
It is over 75 percent sold.

Is the 75% referring to a)first launch or b)total number of units ? :confused:

There is a great difference between the two in terms of absolute number sold.........

jacelynchia
11-10-12, 23:19
Of course total number of units.
They release all together, I'll read in the papers few days ago that 67% sold.
By now, It should be over 75% or more, My Agent Friends says sales are very strong and prices definitely increased more than 2 and price will just keep going up soon.
Anyway you guys know that there's only one bubble lift leading to sky gym.

einnoc
12-10-12, 09:12
Check URA data again on Nov 15 for the Oct data.

Thank you.

Btw did you all rec the Lawyer's letter from TG Developer? I rec last nite. However, I'm still waiting for my bank loan. Do i have to pay the rest of the 15% now or must I wait for bank approval?

phantom_opera
12-10-12, 09:30
not bad, got sky gym so everybody can enjoy the view ... initially the gym will be super crowded with visitors flooding it with owners haolian showing off :p

Komo
12-10-12, 09:45
Thank you.

Btw did you all rec the Lawyer's letter from TG Developer? I rec last nite. However, I'm still waiting for my bank loan. Do i have to pay the rest of the 15% now or must I wait for bank approval?
bank loan is for the max of 80%... this 15% is independent of that:)

DC33_2008
12-10-12, 10:43
Good to know that my friend has made another 20-30 million from this project.
Of course total number of units.
They release all together, I'll read in the papers few days ago that 67% sold.
By now, It should be over 75% or more, My Agent Friends says sales are very strong and prices definitely increased more than 2 and price will just keep going up soon.
Anyway you guys know that there's only one bubble lift leading to sky gym.

Pro888
12-10-12, 11:15
High flr shld be more than 1k psf.

No noise pollution Nice view. Closer to SAP, CTE & TPE

In early May, i predicted it will sell abv $1k psf.

Now my crystal ball tells me that there will be 2 more land plots to be released next year. 1 in each half. Land price will be at least 10-15% higher than this & units will be going for as high as $1400psf (for plot ratio 2.1) provided no major event. :D

Pro888
12-10-12, 11:30

They always quote lower thru email/sms but in actual fact, when u r there at the sf, for wat every reasons, u r not able to find wat was initially quoted (low flr, lousier facing, price adjustment blah blah blah...)

dtrax
12-10-12, 13:32
THE SHAUGHNESSY 102 Miltonia Close 1 305 Strata 1,588,000 5207 484PSF 02-OCT-2012 Terrace House 99 Yrs From 19/03/2001 2006 Resale HDB 27 76 768237 North Region Yishun

Kanarazu
12-10-12, 13:33
Thank you.

That 15% is cash, not loanable via banks. Pay by the otp deadline, should be in 7-8 weeks time plus the stamp duty.

jacelynchia
12-10-12, 18:07
Good to know that my friend has made another 20-30 million from this project.

Your friend? You mean the developer? TG Master?
I have never heard of this developer before buying skies.
20-30 million? That's a huge sum, kindly pass the message that we buyers expect the best in furnishings and the whole overall development.

Can anyone double confirm that how much marble is used for units, Is it the entire unit or just the bedrooms? Thanks

DC33_2008
12-10-12, 18:13
They were Main contractor and handling lots of hdb projects. You are all making him rich. Main contractor turns developer like sim lian, etc, can usually offer a few choices for finishes. Will let him know if I see him. He has really aged a lot. Work stress but worth it with a mega project like this one.
20-30 million? That's a huge sum, kindly pass the message that we buyers expect the best in furnishings and the whole overall development.

Can anyone double confirm that how much marble is used for units, Is it the entire unit or just the bedrooms? Thanks

jacelynchia
12-10-12, 20:28
They were Main contractor and handling lots of hdb projects. You are all making him rich. Main contractor turns developer like sim lian, etc, can usually offer a few choices for finishes. Will let him know if I see him. He has really aged a lot. Work stress but worth it with a mega project like this one.

Please Don't make me worry. I was just joking but It would be nice if you could let him know. haha
Although many are using it for home stay but at the pricing we paid and the given the fact that the land price is not that high.
We do hope that the whole development is beyond our expectations since this location is not that popular for now but I'll know it will be in years to come.
The main concern is still how the overall condo fares rather than the location.
Hope It will be a Mega project standard!

jacelynchia
12-10-12, 21:45
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=330011610428754&set=a.320156968080885.70246.319837138112868&type=1&theater
Saw this on Facebook, remember how chaotic it is on that crowded day?

Anyone knows will there be a discount if buyer refers another buyer?
My cousin's friend interested as well.

To DC33_2008,

Don't stress that old man lah , I have confidence that this project will be good!

carbuncle
12-10-12, 22:02

well surely u have heard of Tong Gardens ... too bad their project price not peanuts

since they refused to employ me, I will spill their beans, I mean, nuts here.

read below

Tong Garden siblings fight over $2m ‘loan’

Yet another dispute in snacks firm founder’s family lands in court.

Sun, Feb 22, 2009
The Straits Times

By Khushwant Singh

EVEN before the founder of Tong Guan Food Products died in 1984, his children were constantly bickering.

Then the court battles began over various issues of the family business when their mother and the wife of Mr Ong Tong Guan, Madam Chai Ah Chee, died in 1999.

In at least the fourth and latest case before the High Court, the youngest daughter, Ms Ong Siew Lay, 43, wants her brother, Mr Ong Boon Chuan, 54, to return $2 million he allegedly borrowed from her.

In court documents produced at the hearing, which started on Wednesday, Ms Ong, a housewife, maintains that her father gave her 50,000 shares in the holding company for the Tong Garden brand of nuts and snacks, which had been held for her by her mother. In 1999, she agreed to sell the shares to Boon Chuan.

She said she had then loaned the money back to him – at her mother’s suggestion – as he needed it for a property development business.

But when she asked for the money in June 2007, he denied it was hers.

‘He told me to get a lawyer if I wanted to talk to him,’ she recalled.

In his documents, Mr Ong Boon Chuan says the shares were his mother’s and she had given them to him.

In court yesterday, Ms Ong testified that her father had told her shortly before he died that she would get a 10 per cent share in the company, amounting to 50,000 shares, which her mother would hold for her.

According to the father’s wishes, three of the five sons would get 20 per cent each, as the other two had been given other gifts.

Four daughters would receive 10 per cent. The eldest daughter was left out as she had married the son of a business competitor.

The oldest brother, Leong Chuan, did not want his sisters to be involved in the business, and he bought the shares of two sisters in 1991 for $500,000 each.

Ms Ong was asked why she had not sold the shares at this time. Was it because they belonged to her mother rather than her? She denied this.

She told Senior Counsel Michael Khoo, who is acting for Mr Ong Boon Chuan, that she had held onto her shares because she knew they were ‘safe’ with her mother.

Testifying for her younger sister, Ms Ong Siew Kuan, 50, said that her mother had not been given any shares in the company – which was to spare her from the inevitable bickering between the siblings.

Her voice breaking at times, the office administrator said: ‘My father was very hurt by the behaviour of some of us and he wanted to spare my mother the same agony.

‘He told me he would leave her enough money so she would not have to depend on any of the children.’

In the last 10 years, there have been at least three legal tussles among the siblings, mainly over shares and control of the holding company.

The case in 2000 prompted a judge to call it an ‘ugly family dispute among siblings’.

The hearing continues today.

This article was first published in The Straits Times.

jacelynchia
12-10-12, 22:38
well surely u have heard of Tong Gardens ... too bad their project price not peanuts

since they refused to employ me, I will spill their beans, I mean, nuts here.

read below

Tong Garden siblings fight over $2m ‘loan’

Yet another dispute in snacks firm founder’s family lands in court.

Sun, Feb 22, 2009
The Straits Times

By Khushwant Singh

EVEN before the founder of Tong Guan Food Products died in 1984, his children were constantly bickering.

Then the court battles began over various issues of the family business when their mother and the wife of Mr Ong Tong Guan, Madam Chai Ah Chee, died in 1999.

In at least the fourth and latest case before the High Court, the youngest daughter, Ms Ong Siew Lay, 43, wants her brother, Mr Ong Boon Chuan, 54, to return $2 million he allegedly borrowed from her.

In court documents produced at the hearing, which started on Wednesday, Ms Ong, a housewife, maintains that her father gave her 50,000 shares in the holding company for the Tong Garden brand of nuts and snacks, which had been held for her by her mother. In 1999, she agreed to sell the shares to Boon Chuan.

She said she had then loaned the money back to him – at her mother’s suggestion – as he needed it for a property development business.

But when she asked for the money in June 2007, he denied it was hers.

‘He told me to get a lawyer if I wanted to talk to him,’ she recalled.

In his documents, Mr Ong Boon Chuan says the shares were his mother’s and she had given them to him.

In court yesterday, Ms Ong testified that her father had told her shortly before he died that she would get a 10 per cent share in the company, amounting to 50,000 shares, which her mother would hold for her.

According to the father’s wishes, three of the five sons would get 20 per cent each, as the other two had been given other gifts.

Four daughters would receive 10 per cent. The eldest daughter was left out as she had married the son of a business competitor.

The oldest brother, Leong Chuan, did not want his sisters to be involved in the business, and he bought the shares of two sisters in 1991 for $500,000 each.

Ms Ong was asked why she had not sold the shares at this time. Was it because they belonged to her mother rather than her? She denied this.

She told Senior Counsel Michael Khoo, who is acting for Mr Ong Boon Chuan, that she had held onto her shares because she knew they were ‘safe’ with her mother.

Testifying for her younger sister, Ms Ong Siew Kuan, 50, said that her mother had not been given any shares in the company – which was to spare her from the inevitable bickering between the siblings.

Her voice breaking at times, the office administrator said: ‘My father was very hurt by the behaviour of some of us and he wanted to spare my mother the same agony.

‘He told me he would leave her enough money so she would not have to depend on any of the children.’

In the last 10 years, there have been at least three legal tussles among the siblings, mainly over shares and control of the holding company.

The case in 2000 prompted a judge to call it an ‘ugly family dispute among siblings’.

The hearing continues today.

This article was first published in The Straits Times.

This is unrelevant to Skies but another sad story on family feuds.

jacelynchia
12-10-12, 22:40
There will be another plot of land for condo developments just right beside Skies Miltonia.
The price will just continue to rise, Since skies is below 1300 range, I think it might exceed that range.

ZeeWee
12-10-12, 22:43
[quote=jacelynchia]

Anyone knows will there be a discount if buyer refers another buyer?
My cousin's friend interested as well.

[quote]

wont have more discount.. not like far east

jacelynchia
12-10-12, 23:02
sad news but Thanks anyway!

p3nboy
12-10-12, 23:15
Please refer to OTP.

Pro888
13-10-12, 11:18
Please Don't make me worry. I was just joking but It would be nice if you could let him know. haha
Although many are using it for home stay but at the pricing we paid and the given the fact that the land price is not that high.
We do hope that the whole development is beyond our expectations since this location is not that popular for now but I'll know it will be in years to come.
The main concern is still how the overall condo fares rather than the location.
Hope It will be a Mega project standard!

You're right on the land price and in fact lower than MR. That was why i said the next plot will be at least 10-15% higher then SM land price as benchmark has been tested & set at $1200psf range with relatively good response.

Pro888
13-10-12, 11:21

Also handle lots of pte projects as well.

http://www.tgdevelopment.com.sg/new_peak.html

jacelynchia
13-10-12, 13:58
The MR owners are so happy that skies have high pricing but they neglected the fact that there are high competition due to several new developments especially The bad facing units at MR are at very very high risk.

If future buyers can afford MR, It is actually benefiting Skies owners.
Everyone must know that there are high risk due to competition as the area offers a wide selection of properties for future buyers.
If by any chance, the new development pricing comes out similar or below skies, The whole Area property prices's might crash or go down.

As for Rental wise, Competition is strongest as future owners can just move from place to place at the miltonia area to try out after their rental lease is over unless the area is highly sought after.

The shaughnessy area is over 3200 square feet and only asking about 1.5 m for it. Psf at around 480 only.

Pikachu1245
13-10-12, 15:02
The MR owners are so happy that skies have high pricing but they neglected the fact that there are high competition due to several new developments especially The bad facing units at MR are at very very high risk.

Everyone must know that there are high risk due to competition as the area offers a wide selection of properties for future buyers.
If by any chance, the new development pricing comes out similar or below skies, The whole Area property prices's might crash or go down.

As for Rental wise, Competition is strongest as future owners can just move from place to place at the miltonia area to try out after their rental lease is over unless the area is highly sought after.

The shaughnessy area is over 3200 square feet and only asking about 1.5 m for it. Psf at around 480 only.

With the latest CM, believe property will chiong for those costing 1million and below. This is regardless of psf.

For those unit above 1 million , sales may be impacted due to higher cash/cpf downpayment of 40%/60% temporarily.

But, believe once potential buyer see property price 'no down leh' after being at the sideline for several months/years, those who can afford one mil and above ones will chiong also.

Then garmen come new CM again, sales will temporary slow a little with price stay put/marginally up. People chiong to buy again, CM again. So the cycle repeat itself.........

Until when ? You guess?

Kanarazu
13-10-12, 15:14
Just did a recce of the proposed site for the international school where the hoarding is, it's 850m edge to edge between the 2 plots, or 11min walk.

aang1971
13-10-12, 15:43
To make a decent return at 1200 psf, the area must appreciate to the rate close to what OCR is asking for...and OCR rate must appreciate to CR rate and so on and so forth.

This will spark greater resentment from the middle class against the government, the at same time make Singapore even more expensive.

I think government will play a hand to moderate pricing.

Do not think the price in other development will differ greatly from SM for at least 5 years.

kane
13-10-12, 15:59

at a lower psf, those owners can afford to ask for a lower rental to compete, that will be their edge.

jacelynchia
13-10-12, 17:37
I was saying only "IF" the new one drops in pricing, Which is unlikely.
My main concern is competition due to new developments as The area is not that popular now and that there are more new upcoming developments.

MR owners can rejoice as the pricing is increased but at the same time, it provided more options for future buyers so The poor facing units may be left out unless there is a huge pricing difference, which is unlikely.

Given the fact that The shaughnessy was asking around 1.5m while skies townhouses 3.8m.
Competition is very strong, be it resale or rent.

Pro888
13-10-12, 17:48
After SM, it is popular now. Hillview/ Dairy Farm area got 10x more condos than here. No worries.

Komo
13-10-12, 18:08
with quite a handful developments plan coming up... can bet there will be many more condo coming along...and sure got some kanna the crash:D :D

aang1971
13-10-12, 19:37
with quite a handful developments plan coming up... can bet there will be many more condo coming along...and sure got some kanna the crash:D :D

The fear is Europe collapse, US change fiscal policy. Will caused liquidity issue and current prices cannot be supported.

Than bank will ask for top up.....actually if it happen I will probably enter the market for another 3 bedder

jacelynchia
13-10-12, 20:04
Overall Singapore's economy is not that badly affected, actually we are still doing well.
Our GDP and the IRs secured our economy, If Govt bring in more foreigners, The property market will just keep going up, see no signs of it going down.
Govt must release land at the right prices and at the right time.
Judging at the rate Singaporeans are buying properties, people do have the money and the holding power.

aang1971
13-10-12, 20:13
Overall Singapore's economy is not that badly affected, actually we are still doing well.
Our GDP and the IRs secured our economy, If Govt bring in more foreigners, The property market will just keep going up, see no signs of it going down.

Singapore economy is even more fragile than what most people think.

There will be less foreigner...it is clear tha the government is concerned that our society cannot accommodate more people from diverse culture.

We have negible internal market. What happen externally will affect us totally.

Foreign investors are finding cheaper and just as good location. We can be gateway to Asia perhaps for another 10 15 years before places like Malaysia catches up. And that is dependent on them having a stable government too.

PAP is destabilized, by next election it will be clear we rejecting them.

Over 100k units of private developments are ready next 3 years plus another couple of hundred thousand HDB...there will be overssuppy vs declining demand

Dun forget upgrades are also hoping to sell or rent HDB or their investment

jacelynchia
13-10-12, 20:23
Singapore economy is even more fragile than what most people think.

There will be less foreigner...it is clear tha the government is concerned that our society cannot accommodate more people from diverse culture.

We have negible internal market. What happen externally will affect us totally.

Foreign investors are finding cheaper and just as good location. We can be gateway to Asia perhaps for another 10 15 years before places like Malaysia catches up. And that is dependent on them having a stable government too.

PAP is destabilized, by next election it will be clear we rejecting them.

Over 100k units of private developments are ready next 3 years plus another couple of hundred thousand HDB...there will be overssuppy vs declining demand

Dun forget upgrades are also hoping to sell or rent HDB or their investment

Hahaha, stop discussing these matters on skies thread.
Later affect skies's sales and affect the confidence of new buyers.
Now more and more singaporeans are rich and look forward to better quality of lifestyle, I know many buyers now are looking to home stay.
That can hold the prices up and not outgoing of supply.

aang1971
13-10-12, 20:30
Now more and more singaporeans are rich and look forward to better quality of lifestyle, I know many buyers now are looking to home stay.

Well just trying to make people understand what they are in for.

In fact I will be affected too since I bought MR. But I know there are unrealistic expectations after the recent jump in private property prices...

As long you are aware that property is actually a long term investment that average around 4 to 7% return and have cash flow to hold until payback period of 7 to 10 years...you are ok.

Dun be smoked by agents and developers. There are some who make quick bucks, but there are people who over extend themselves too

jacelynchia
13-10-12, 20:39
Well just trying to make people understand what they are in for.

In fact I will be affected too since I bought MR. But I know there are unrealistic expectations after the recent jump in private property prices...

As long you are aware that property is actually a long term investment that average around 4 to 7% return and have cash flow to hold until payback period of 7 to 10 years...you are ok.

Dun be smoked by agents and developers. There are some who make quick bucks, but there are people who over extend themselves too

I do know many buyers now who come into the market because they have earn quite a bit from previous investments and now looking for a better place to live.
I am just looking for home stay now, That's is why the bar is raised and we buyers expect the best in furnishings and facilities.
I bought skies because I loved the design of the place esp the sky gym and sky deck and the views.

Pro888
13-10-12, 22:55

True.

Hillier got 1 MM closed to $1800psf. New condo coming up next to it. What will the price be?

After eCO, next to optima, also another condo coming up. What will the price be? Land price is much higher than eCO.

What will be the price when MCL launch their JE project?

Thomson site, upcoming Bukit. Panjang Hub both at record land bid price. What will the price be?

FEO expected to come in strongly for Yishun Hub. What will the price be?

aang1971
13-10-12, 23:02
True.

Hillier got 1 MM closed to $1800psf. New condo coming up next to it. What will the price be?

After eCO, next to optima, also another condo coming up. What will the price be? Land price is much higher than eCO.

Thomson site, upcoming Bukit. Panjang Hub both at record land bid price. What will the price be?

Developer will bid strongly and price higher as long as they sense buyers willing to accept

If market collapse , price drop and bank call buyers to top up loan, the developers will have made the money leow and have enough to lie low and wait for turn around.

Can buyers do the same? If can , go in and get the best choice you can.

If borderline...well better reassess your liability

I feel there is too much excessive liquidity, and MAS is right to let sing$ appreciate...but this will affect export, but since demand is not there, may as we'll protect domestic market first

Pro888
13-10-12, 23:17
Developer will bid strongly and price higher as long as they sense buyers willing to accept

If market collapse , price drop and bank call buyers to top up loan, the developers will have made the money leow and have enough to lie low and wait for turn around.

Can buyers do the same? If can , go in and get the best choice you can.

If borderline...well better reassess your liability

I feel there is too much excessive liquidity, and MAS is right to let sing$ appreciate...but this will affect export, but since demand is not there, may as we'll protect domestic market first

Even Wing Tai (the only developer) tried to talk down the market, but in the end, bid high for the land at Prince Charles.

Crisis, no one will be spared, but those places i mentioned earlier will be affected the most. Skies buyers are still not aggressive & they do have longer term perspective.

Komo
13-10-12, 23:33
True.

yishun hub location is really interesting. novena medical hub in the making?:D

jacelynchia
14-10-12, 00:18
True.

Do you know when yishun hub project will start?
Has the land be brought or is it for sale already?
If FEO gets it, pricing real sky high.

Pro888
14-10-12, 00:42
Do you know when yishun hub project will start?
Has the land be brought or is it for sale already?
If FEO gets it, pricing real sky high.

HDB (land managed by) is in the midst for preparing the site tender docu. Might be 1st half of next year. Add another 9mths for project launch to public. FEO always goes for prime site near mrt. Further, northpt managed by Fraser. Lastly, a site bigger than watertown/BR, only the big players have the muscle & risk appetite to take it on.

Base pricing have been primarily set reference to the abv projects. Will wait what Sim Lian going to offer for the Bukit Panjang Hub very soon. Also a record land price, project will be priced higher than Hillier. Then, we will see Yishun hub as North Skies, proudly brought to you by FEO JV. :D

jacelynchia
14-10-12, 02:15
HDB (land managed by) is in the midst for preparing the site tender docu. Might be 1st half of next year. Add another 9mths for project launch to public. FEO always goes for prime site near mrt. Further, northpt managed by Fraser. Lastly, a site bigger than watertown/BR, only the big players have the muscle & risk appetite to take it on.

Base pricing have been primarily set reference to the abv projects. Will wait what Sim Lian going to offer for the Bukit Panjang Hub very soon. Also a record land price, project will be priced higher than Hillier. Then, we will see Yishun hub as North Skies, proudly brought to you by FEO JV. :D

Regardless of what, thank you for the information you have provided,
Just that how True is this project and is the name really north skies?
I'm not saying that skies is a big word or they cannot use but what is the purpose of the name north skies when they have no views?

jacelynchia
14-10-12, 02:55
I'm not saying that skies is a big word or they cannot use but what is the purpose of the name north skies when they have no views?

I see, the name is not confirmed yet!
Anyway Thanks again for your help!

Kanarazu
14-10-12, 05:06

The reference to skies may be related to "sky high" prices that will be charged. :)

Komo
14-10-12, 07:24
not surprised if it's north something since already have North Point. North Skies is nice .... imagine saying "I stay at North Skies":D :D yishun is the place to find gems and skies:p

Pro888
14-10-12, 17:12
Just back from sf. Good crowd. Ppl keep coming in every few minutes. Around 80% sold. Most units facing ave 1 Bto also gone.

#12-15 a 969sf going for $1323psf nett.

aang1971
14-10-12, 17:58

Guess you will know if he plan to be the main con or outsource it..

Night
14-10-12, 18:44
Just back from sf. Good crowd. Ppl keep coming in every few minutes. Around 80% sold. Most units facing ave 1 Bto also gone.

wow, do you mean this unit is currently asking @1323psf or someone has just bought it at this rate?

Pro888
14-10-12, 18:51
wow, do you mean this unit is currently asking @1323psf or someone has just bought it at this rate?

Developer sales.

1 flr below is $1303 psf.

Probably closing more deals today by looking at the crowd.

p3nboy
14-10-12, 20:42
Calling all 3 bedroom owner,

Please study the floor plan closely, the access to the refuse chute is inside the kitchen cabinet. This is not practical, what is your view on this?

Pikachu1245
14-10-12, 20:53

Please study the floor plan closely, the access to the refuse chute is inside the kitchen cabinet. This is not practical, what is your view on this?

Guess may have cockroaches running out once a while.....

jacelynchia
14-10-12, 20:55

Did not realize this but I don't really like rubbish chute in the cabinets.
Is this inclusive of 3 bedders premium units?
Can we write in to the developer since it's still early?

azeoprop
14-10-12, 20:57
Over 1300psf for a 99 year Yishun project?! :jaw-dropping:

Kanarazu
14-10-12, 20:58

The one next to the stove? It's just 45cm away from the stove.

Pikachu1245
14-10-12, 21:02

Units facing ave 1 got reservoir view meh?
No reservoir view also $13XX psf.
Seems like north area property like Yishun is heading North too.
Like that those who are vested in Yishun, should scream 'Huat Ah'....lol:D

Kanarazu
14-10-12, 21:03
Guess may have cockroaches running out once a while.....

Cockcroaches should not come out from there if its lid-tight.

Kanarazu
14-10-12, 21:04

Impeccable view I guess. :)

Komo
14-10-12, 21:06

just remember to seal up the chute before fuming:D

jacelynchia
14-10-12, 21:14

The views units can range from 1-1.3 for compact and over 1.4 for premium 3 bedders.
The no view units compact 3 bedders can cost just 900k, huge price gap difference between views and no views units.
However the facilities are unique so It is a big selling point.
Where to find sky gym and sky deck at condos in exclusive area of yishun at the moment?

price
14-10-12, 21:17

and people call them cheap. your minton was dirt cheap :D :cheers4:

Pikachu1245
14-10-12, 21:20
The views units can range from 1-1.3 for compact and over 1.4 for premium 3 bedders.
The no view units compact 3 bedders can cost just 900k, huge price gap difference between views and no views units.
However the facilities are unique so It is a big selling point.
Where to find sky gym and sky deck at condos in exclusive area of yishun at the moment?

To sum it up, all those who are vested in Yishun, Huat Ah!

Komo
14-10-12, 21:35
Did not realize this but I don't really like rubbish chute in the cabinets.
Is this inclusive of 3 bedders premium units?
Can we write in to the developer since it's still early?
in the cabinets will be the best location for the chute if it is in the kitchen. reminds me of hdb design:D :D bad part is not easy to maintain cleanliness in the cabinet..will have lizard,cockroaches,etc

Night
14-10-12, 21:38
in the cabinets will be the best location for the chute if it is in the kitchen. reminds me of hdb design:D :D bad part is not easy to maintain cleanliness in the cabinet..will have lizard,cockroaches,etc

I rather it be hidden than exposed. More classy look.

jacelynchia
14-10-12, 21:39

I don't think many condos are having rubbish chute in the kitchen cabinets.
In the old says, the old hdb design are like that.
Lizards are a no no!
Wonder if someone could write in to ask the developer?
I'm confused, is the chute in the kitchen cabinets or?

Kanarazu
14-10-12, 21:43
I remember the floor plan shows the chute opening sideway assuming one stands in front of the cabinets. Is the chute below the solid top in the base cabinets?

kane
14-10-12, 22:15
just remember to seal up the chute before fuming:D

cockroaches are going to have a lot of fun in your cabinet if you don't seal with scotch tape before they fume the chute.

jacelynchia
14-10-12, 22:18
cockroaches are going to have a lot of fun in your cabinet if you don't seal with scotch tape before they fume the chute.

Not a issue at all!
Just put some pandan leaves.
It smells great as well!
Cheap and nice remedy!

Kanarazu
14-10-12, 22:25
http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC121004-0000030/Rote-learning-marginalises-Singaporeans-in-new-economy

Will Singaporeans one day in the near future be allowed to attend international schools?

kane
14-10-12, 22:25
you'll force damn into the other parts of the cabinet. they are running away from the fumes and between the fumes and pandan leaf, the will definitely choose pandan leave. when it's fuming time, die die also must seal the chute with tape. sometimes, there are some small roach carnage stuck on the tape after the fuming session is over.

carbuncle
14-10-12, 22:29
you'll force damn into the other parts of the cabinet. they are running away from the fumes and between the fumes and pandan leaf, the will definitely choose pandan leave. when it's fuming time, die die also must seal the chute with tape. sometimes, there are some small roach carnage stuck on the tape after the fuming session is over.

you just spoilt this cool nice night for me. so regret checking into this thread!!!m

Komo
14-10-12, 22:34
headache are the small ones....after removing the seal many will come out...fumes must be very strong to make sure kill all. but that means must remember to seal before each fuming. :D

kane
14-10-12, 22:41
headache are the small ones....after removing the seal many will come out...fumes must be very strong to make sure kill all. but that means must remember to seal before each fuming. :D

leave the seal on for half a day. but some will still escape. there will be a few big ones limping around. in half mabok state.

Night
14-10-12, 22:44

Are they able to climb up to the highest floor?

Komo
14-10-12, 22:50
no problem!:D
also can expect many insects (or bugs). probably many nights need to close windows and turn on aircon:D

kane
14-10-12, 22:52
with their backs literally against the wall and the fumes chasing right up their butts, you can bet that they will climb as high as it takes.

carbuncle
14-10-12, 22:59
with their backs literally against the wall and the fumes chasing right up their butts, you can bet that they will climb as high as it takes.

butts..... ok so now I not the only one missing it!

kane
14-10-12, 22:59
butts..... ok so now I not the only one missing it!

Freudian slip... lol.

zeamybro
14-10-12, 23:04
Wow kane's postings are very graphical ... but something which i could totally relate with my own personal experiences.

Back to the project, does the reservoir has a park within walking distance where the residents could stroll to for leisure walks or exercises? Or are the banks totally 'occupied' by the golf courses?

Pro888
14-10-12, 23:06

#12-15, which is stack 15 with reservoir view, but only partial hor or should say the least with reservoir view (stack 15 & 19). Those units with better views sold, i dun know the price :beats-me-man:

Units facing ave 1 bto easily $1100 and also not many left.

Night
14-10-12, 23:07
Wow kane's postings are very graphical ... but something which i could totally relate with my own personal experiences.

Back to the project, does the reservoir has a park within walking distance where the residents could stroll to for leisure walks or exercises? Or are the banks totally 'occupied' by the golf courses?

It looks like the banks are occupied by the golf courses. Can walk to the nearby yishun dam, quite alot people and drivers gather there during the weekends.

Komo
14-10-12, 23:09
just 2 min drive to yishun dam and 1 min to rowers' bay:D

Pro888
14-10-12, 23:10
But townhouses still remain at 3 sold (price $3.8mio to $4.1mio)

zeamybro
14-10-12, 23:12
just 2 min drive to yishun dam and 1 min to rowers' bay:D

Oh sounds good, seems like the buyers here have found their own heavens here in Yishun =) congrats

kane
14-10-12, 23:13

how many did they sell at those quantums??

and separate question is do foreigners need LDU approval to buy such strata townhouses with condos in the same development?

Pro888
14-10-12, 23:14

Even more than 30th flr. Higher than that, i will let u know when i buy The Sail. :D

Night
14-10-12, 23:30

I hope they free up the remaining 7 units 2 x parking lots.

kane
14-10-12, 23:38
just realised it was 3 sold rather than 3 unsold. pardon me.

NorthernStar
15-10-12, 06:32
It looks like the banks are occupied by the golf courses. Can walk to the nearby yishun dam, quite alot people and drivers gather there during the weekends.
I guess soon the Yishun Dam will not allow ppl to gather there since it will become a busy 2-ways-dual-lanes road connecting Yishun and CTE/SLE/TPE...:banghead:

p3nboy
15-10-12, 09:51
I have started this thread to highlight the refuse chute problem to the owners of 3 bedroom unit.

Study the floor plan carefully, locate the refuse chute. The access to the refuse chute is not practical. You need to access the chute from the inside of the cabinet. It is difficult to maintain the cleanliness and the storage space infront of the refuse chute is wasted!!

There are a total of 72 units with this layout. Hopefully we can work out something with the developer.

Tripp
15-10-12, 11:23
http://www.skies-miltonia.sg/floorplans/skies-miltonia-floorplans-C1-02.gif

yauc
15-10-12, 12:06
SM Owners,

I believed some of us have received the S&P from the developer.

I have started a FB, http://www.facebook.com/groups/313979098710098/, for would be owners to share and discussed about our new homes.

For a start, as we know the the legal subsidies are no longer FREE :banghead:, i am in the midst of negotiating with my lawyer if we could cartel and fight for better rates.

For those who are interested, pls log into SM facebook to pool our properties together.

Regards,
Sean

Pro888
15-10-12, 12:14
Some suggestion for those who can accept a rubbish chute in the cabinets.

1. Using a foldable table top near chute (below will be empty). If space is a concern on the opening of chute, a 3 burners stove can be change to a 2 burners type.

If u believe in Feng shui, you want to shift the stove nearer to the fridge, the basin (water) & the stove (fire) cannot be directly opposite. A no-no.

Engineering aspect needed to be consulted, move the stove to the same side as the basin, thus leaving more space & idea how you are going to deal with the chute. The main structure of the chute is quite unlikely to be altered (only the height of the chute opening). :D

Pro888
15-10-12, 12:17
Some suggestion for those who can accept a rubbish chute in the cabinets.

1. Using a foldable table top near chute (below will be empty). If space is a concern on the opening of chute, a 3 burners stove can be change to a 2 burners type.

If u believe in Feng shui, you want to shift the stove nearer to the fridge, the basin (water) & the stove (fire) cannot be directly opposite. A no-no.

Engineering aspect needed to be consulted, move the stove to the same side as the basin, thus leaving more space & idea how you are going to deal with the chute. The main structure of the chute is quite unlikely to be altered (only the height of the chute opening). :D

Sorry it should be cant. Missed out the T

Lovelle
15-10-12, 12:28
u should consult the FS master who bought a unit here.

sunrise
15-10-12, 12:35
looking at the floorplan the hall is smaller than the master bedroom.
the hall shape is long and narrow like the estuary. owners will regret it
after a period of time.

Emma
15-10-12, 12:42
the balcony in the living area looks as big as the living room itself.
and the balcony in the bedrooms looks quite huge.
but nice lay out overall!

generally, do the bros and sis here like to have a balcony in the bedrooms? I personally don't like to have a balcony in the bedrooms as I feel there is no window for me to open at night for ventilation if I dont wish to switch on the aircon. but it's quite strange to leave the balcony door open when you sleep as there will be quite alot of dust?
just my personal preference. but this was the reason why i didn't like some of the big developments in good locations - cos of balconies in the bedrooms!
hahaha

http://www.skies-miltonia.sg/floorplans/skies-miltonia-floorplans-C1-02.gif

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 12:48
after a period of time.

If you have been to the showroom, you would not have said so.
The layout is very cozy and family- oriented.

sunrise
15-10-12, 13:00

100k deco will not change the shape of a long and narrow hall.
it will never looks proportion at any angle.

p3nboy
15-10-12, 13:08
the purpose of this thread is solving the location of the refuse chute.

thank you.

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 13:19

If I had issues with the shape of the living room or whatsoever, I wouldn't have splash over 1.2m for 969 sqft.
The living room is amazing, with the balcony and lights coming in, optimizing the space.
Not to mention the view and the fresh air.

sunrise
15-10-12, 13:38
If I had issues with the shape of the living room or whatsoever, I wouldn't have splash over 1.2m for 969 sqft.
The living room is amazing, with the balcony and lights coming in, optimizing the space.

long (deep) and narrow (smaller in width) hall looks like a rifle range.
skies not so bad, estuary much deeper when add on the balcony.

Night
15-10-12, 13:39
after a period of time.

The design better suits small family and allows a side dinning table and a small living area maximising the use of the limited space. Having a square area will eat up unnecessary space, unless you always host events at your place, might as well use the condo function rooms.

Komo
15-10-12, 13:57
long (deep) and narrow (smaller in width) hall looks like a rifle range.
skies not so bad, estuary much deeper when add on the balcony.
long/deep layout for living/dinning has its advantage as sound from neighbours closing doors will be softer, if can hear at all. can be very disturbing:D
in any case estuary's 3 bedders of similar layout is 1300 sqft. not comparable:D

sunrise
15-10-12, 14:01
The design better suits small family and allows a side dinning table and a small living area maximising the use of the limited space. Having a square area will eat up unnecessary space, unless you always host events at your place, might as well use the condo function rooms.

as i say skies not that bad. 1:2 when include the balcony, the balcony should be design broader.

many units at estuary builds at 1:3.

Pro888
15-10-12, 14:08

Dun need 100K lah. Mine also got 1 unit also long & narrow. Spent only less than $8k to make it big. You can't have best of everything.

ai pe, ai qi, ai twa liup ni (hokkien) :D

fiat500
15-10-12, 14:24
The living room is amazing, with the balcony and lights coming in, optimizi:scared the space.
1.2m + for a 969sq ft unit in yishun?:scared-4:
This is shocking! Extremely expensive n overpriced.

sunrise
15-10-12, 14:39
you can't place a 3x2 seater sofa and form them in L shape when you have narrow width hall.

see the attached of a layout built by MCL land, have to squeeze the sofa
and make way to the balcony.

the ratio is 1:2

Pro888
15-10-12, 14:54
you can't place a 3x2 seater sofa and form them in L shape when you have narrow width hall.

Can put 1 pc L shape one or 3x1 (the x1 from OSIM). Why must die die squeeze in a 3x2 to look it tight? Further 3x2 old fashion liao. Design with space. :D

yauc
15-10-12, 14:59
SM Owners,

I believed some of us have received the S&P from the developer.

I have started a FB, http://www.facebook.com/groups/313979098710098/, for would be owners to share and discussed about our new homes.

For a start, as we know the the legal subsidies are no longer FREE , i am in the midst of negotiating with my lawyer if we could cartel and fight for better rates.

For those who are interested, pls log into SM facebook to pool our properties together.

Regards,
Sean

carbuncle
15-10-12, 15:06
New Yishun road to be ready ahead of time
Alternative link to TPE, CTE to open by the first quarter of 2015
Oct 15, 2012
By Royston Sim

A new road between Yishun Avenue 1 and Yishun Avenue 6 will be completed ahead of schedule, providing motorists in the estate with an alternative connection.
Originally slated to open by the end of 2015, the dual two-lane road will instead be ready by the first quarter of that year.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said the new link will be completed in tandem with the widening of Seletar West Link from one lane to three in each direction.
Nee Soon GRC MP Lee Bee Wah asked the LTA if the road could be ready earlier to ease traffic flow in the area, which she said would worsen when three Build-to-Order (BTO) projects are completed in 2014.
She said: "There's currently traffic congestion at Lentor Avenue during the morning and evening peak hours. With three more BTOs, I foresee the jam will become even worse.
"The new road will be an alternative route for residents, who won't need to go through Lentor to get onto the TPE or CTE."
Aside from the new road, the LTA is expanding the interchange of the CTE (Central Expressway), TPE (Tampines Expressway) and Seletar Expressway.
Four new flyovers are being constructed to link the three expressways with Seletar West Link.
Ms Lee had also requested that the project be completed sooner, but the interchange expansion will maintain its original completion date of the end of 2015.
The LTA has embarked on four road projects in the northern region to improve the connectivity and capacity of the road network around the Seletar Aerospace Park.
The first two phases of development at the park have been completed. About 80 per cent of the area have been leased out, with Rolls-Royce among the tenants. JTC Corporation is currently planning the third phase of development.
The LTA is also constructing the new dual three-lane Sengkang West Road that will connect motorists from Yio Chu Kang Road to the TPE.
Sengkang West Road will be joined to the new Seletar Aerospace Flyover and Seletar Aerospace Way, which will serve as the new entrance into the aerospace hub.
Currently, motorists have to go through Jalan Kayu to get to the aerospace park. The other option is to exit the TPE at the Jalan Kayu exit.
Roads in the area are becoming increasingly congested, due to new housing developments at Fernvale estate.
The Seletar Aerospace interchange and Sengkang West Road are scheduled for completion in the third quarter of 2014. Contractors placed beams this month across the Seletar Aerospace Flyover.
An LTA spokesman said: "These road improvements will help to meet and accommodate the expected increase in traffic when these new developments are completed in the next few years."

Pro888
15-10-12, 15:07

few problems with this development:

1) all one bedder direct west sun, into masterbedroom and front balcony.

2) all 2 bedders with master rooms facing direct at each other.

3) Cabanas with public foyers on their roofs, and with the beams piercing the roofs---->bad fengshui

4) living.dinning in elongated shape with only one socket wall space. So if u put a tv next to the wall, the sofa will not have a wall as a backing.

5) Small kitchen and small rooms.

6) Living rooms definitely has not enough wall space for cupboards or paintings.

Your foresque also got so many problems quoted by another forummer. You can advise him to buy PH. You can accept/ ignore the flaws of yours but cant for others. :D

HP65
15-10-12, 15:22
the purpose of this thread is solving the location of the refuse chute.

thank you.

How about ask the developer to re-locate the chute to the lift lobby/ common area? No chute in the house/ less risk of insects crawling thru the chute and more storage space.

Tripp
15-10-12, 15:26
Highly inprobable - Architects will have to re-submit their plans again to BCA for approval.

Just have to make-do with it since you've already signed on the dotted line.

p3nboy
15-10-12, 16:03
I would prefer the access from the A/C ledge instead.

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 17:02

For the record, it's nearly half a million more than 1.2 m.
We buyers want it and we pay for for it and so If that many felt like you did,
It would not be 80% sold to date.
Things are like that, To some they want cheap psf and big spaces and
Some will only consider buyers smart when they purchase at super low psf and big unit.
These are own preferences, we like it, we can afford it and we bought it regardless if It is expensive as for overpriced, It's subjective since it's 80 % gone.

Besides from my experience, I have invested in cheap projects and what you pay is what you really get.
Project ended up looking like Hdb and lousy furnishings but real cheap and 2+1 already 1111 sqft at only 660k
Do not wish to mention what project is that as that again is subjective to own's preferences .

Tripp
15-10-12, 17:12
I know what you mean.

But by positioning the rubbish chute in the A/C ledge's (between the stove & the wash basin), you will not have any windows in the kitchen, as the rubbish chute is designed as a full column which serves the whole tower.

And not to mention the existing rubbish chute position will become the A/C ledge which you will not be able to use due to its size/location!

Unfortunately, I don't see there is any other way to fix this issue for this flat layout.

Komo
15-10-12, 17:57
just wat I think too. believe there looks like a small door from the kitchen to the ledge. the developer could have make that part of the aircon ledge a yard instead. again another "trick" to max profit. :simmering:

Laguna
15-10-12, 18:01
First time, I see this type of design
one way is let the openning at the AC ledge and then have a gate to the AC ledge
anyway, no way the developer will change it

Pikachu1245
15-10-12, 19:19
I guess soon the Yishun Dam will not allow ppl to gather there since it will become a busy 2-ways-dual-lanes road connecting Yishun and CTE/SLE/TPE...:banghead:

At the Yishun Dam area, at night, you can see some people gathering / barbequeing there (with sea view facing Johor) .......

Sometimes when the golf course light is on, the view is even more wonderful.

How nice if they can have toilet facilities there too :cool:

Pikachu1245
15-10-12, 19:23
after a period of time.

I am sure there will be owner who do not mind and like it. :rolleyes:

mantrix
15-10-12, 19:54
Some will only consider buyers smart when they purchase at super low psf and big unit.
These are own preferences, we like it, we can afford it and we bought it regardless if It is expensive as for overpriced, It's subjective since it's 80 % gone.

Besides from my experience, I have invested in cheap projects and what you pay is what you really get.
Project ended up looking like Hdb and lousy furnishings but real cheap and 2+1 already 1111 sqft at only 660k
Do not wish to mention what project is that as that again is subjective to own's preferences .

half a million more than 1.2m would be 1.7m.

I think you mean to say you paid more than 1.25M? Else i really :eek:

Pikachu1245
15-10-12, 19:57

Skies Miltonia vs Sky Habitat. Which is more popular? The sale volume speaks for itself. Fengshui of Yishun vs Bishan, which is better? Buyer decides..................

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 20:12

Nearly half a million more so <1.7 m.
I do not want to reveal the exact amount but let's just say I'm happy with it!

fiat500
15-10-12, 20:19

Do not wish to mention what projForect is that as that again is subjective to own's preferences .
Half a million more?:eek:
So its actually 1.25m or 1.7m? It's more like 1.25m to me..:D
But for a 969sq ft unit for under 1.7m is impossible?

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 20:30
Half a million more?:eek:
So its actually 1.25m or 1.7m? It's more like 1.25m to me..:D

When i meant nearly half a million, its nearly half a m from one m
Sorry if I confused anyone, I myself am confused as well.
My hubby does the numbers, below 1.3m.
I wasn't that exact afterall but I'm really happy with my purchase.

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 20:33

Yes, you're right.
Sorry for causing any confusion.
Else you really??

danntbt
15-10-12, 20:52

.....you sounded delirious.....are you ok?.....now you are making Castle Green and Season park sound so cheap at less than 900psf.....with Thomson line at their doorstep some more.....

danntbt
15-10-12, 20:59
...this is a strange thread...if not happy with layout...why buy in the first place?...is buyer's remorse creeping in?

fiat500
15-10-12, 21:04
Are u buying this unit for self stay or as investment?

Pikachu1245
15-10-12, 21:09
Nearly half a million more so <1.7 m.
I do not want to reveal the exact amount but let's just say I'm happy with it!

Thanks for choosing Skies Miltonia at Yishun rather than Sky Habitat at Bishan.

Reservoir is the 'pull' factor, I suppose?

Is Yishun fengshui stronger than Bishan?

Let's continue to watch as the 'The Hunger Game'(Property buying) continue...........

Pikachu1245
15-10-12, 21:14

For some, it is 'sup sup shui' and they can afford without overstretching.

So, why not wish them all the best and wish all with vested interest in Yishun Huat together.

Unless, you are one of those who has missed the boat due to the latest CM?

Pikachu1245
15-10-12, 21:18
.....you sounded delirious.....are you ok?.....now you are making Castle Green and Season park sound so cheap at less than 900psf.....with Thomson line at their doorstep some more.....

For some they like it. Reservoir view I mean.........

I support your choice.............

Ignore the 'nay' sayer as they are usually the one that claim they have missed the boat and start trying to talk down market or talk up their properties ............

fiat500
15-10-12, 21:31
That's true...
This sky project is grossly overpriced... :doh:

aang1971
15-10-12, 21:34
[QUOTE=fiat500]That's true...
This sky project is grossly overpriced... ::doh:

One man's meat is another man's poison, real test will be TOP time...whether the investors are able to flip for decent profit

It is ok for a longer term investor, payback for decent return probably 6 to 10 years after TOP

Great place for homestay...good view

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 21:44

Hahahah, :ashamed1:
Sorry for the confusion I caused once again.
I was just trying to make my point that I loved the place.
I hope Yishun can become a hotspot for investors and home buyers in the future.
Plenty of work to be done but There's a lot of land and potential!
Actually any place can be a good location, it depends on how the govt brand the place.
Judging from the availability of land and new expressways in yishun.
Great potential!
Besides, It has punggol material, last time when punggol just started, no one wants to be there and now such a popular place!
If govt wants population to reach six million, Yishun is the next solution after punggol!

The sky habitat project is really nice, if the pricing was like skies.
Without a doubt, I would have purchased a unit there as well.

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 21:46
Are u buying this unit for self stay or as investment?

Home stay for now!
It's near the club!

Pikachu1245
15-10-12, 21:49
[quote=fiat500]That's true...
This sky project is grossly overpriced... ::doh:

One man's meat is another man's poison, real test will be TOP time...whether the investors are able to flip for decent profit

It is ok for a longer term investor, payback for decent return probably 6 to 10 years after TOP

Great place for homestay...good view

Flipper be warned.
More govt measures may come if market become super red hot because of flipping.
May the courage to invest long term but not flip be with you all(property owner/ buyer)...............:tsk-tsk:

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 21:56
For some they like it. Reservoir view I mean.........

I support your choice.............

Ignore the 'nay' sayer as they are usually the one that claim they have missed the boat and start trying to talk down market or talk up their properties ............

Thank you!
I do worry all these negative comments about yishun will affect the confidence of future buyers and investors at the area.
Many see it from their perspectives but the sales at skies have proved that people have confidence in the place.
People don't spent money on things they do not believe in.

Kanarazu
15-10-12, 22:03

I think kitchen walkway may need 900mm width clearance so this option have to be ruled out.

PropertyNewbie
15-10-12, 22:10
Really cannot fathom the popularity of this project.

Yishun upgraders really deprived of alternative projects?

>1000 psf for yishun is really :banghead:

Reservoir view...Have a look at Pandan Gardens...cheap and good HDB less than 500k got liao

Next to country club....but you're buying a condo with facilities. Why do u need to be beside a country club? Lucky got NTUC there.....worth about 50psf of the price.

Unless Lentor avenue can better accommodate the massive Yishun peak hour traffic, Yishun is a big no no for me.

If really have to buy in Yishun, I would rather buy 8Courtyards, or Nautical. Price is more sensible and you are buying into existing well established amenities and not buying into hope and prayer than something will suddenly make the miltonia area prosper.

Location, location and location again folks.

danntbt
15-10-12, 22:18

Reservoir view...Have a look at Pandan Gardens...cheap and good HDB less than 500k got liao

Next to country club....but you're buying a condo with facilities. Why do u need to be beside a country club? Lucky got NTUC there.....worth about 50psf of the price.

Unless Lentor avenue can better accommodate the massive Yishun peak hour traffic, Yishun is a big no no for me.

If really have to buy in Yishun, I would rather buy 8Courtyards, or Nautical. Price is more sensible and you are buying into existing well established amenities and not buying into hope and prayer than something will suddenly make the miltonia area prosper.

.....Yup Thomson Grand is a steal now....

Kanarazu
15-10-12, 22:21

And a MRT station just 350m away in the future.

aang1971
15-10-12, 22:25
I suspect a lot hard sell by agent...

I read that some buyers expect better finishing becos developer bid low and sell high

Maybe have better than average ...eg fridge and washing machine etc...but do not think quality will be similar to luxury homes

All it means developer fat margin

Hope he has decency to engage local main con...not some foreign one

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 22:26

Full of negativity!
I joined the club due to golfing interest! Is there an issue?!
I am not praying, just looking forward to stay there on my own.
Let me give you an example, It you bought a diamond ring at $20000.
You do not expect to get back more than what you paid more, It's like Art.
Some people may just value it as a stone
Only the purchaser values it and can see why they love it then they bought it
Besides if you buy expensive jewels, chances are you may not get more or near the amount you purchased for unless it is very rare.

If the area blossoms in the future, it is a bonus.
Right now I'm loving how exclusive and serene the place is and comes with impeccable views.
The future awaits and who knows what will happen?

Anyway, what do you people think of new properties consisting of more than 900 projects?
Don't you think risks are higher?
Imagine if half or more, 450 units are for sale and for rent?
Future rental and buyers will source for the best units and negotiate for the best rates.

danntbt
15-10-12, 22:31
Hi Jac.....but in any case, just be happy and look forward to getting the key in 3 to 4 years time, by which time maybe it will be 1.5K psf.......and the mixed development at Yishun takes shape and going for 2K psf...........if these all come true.....I will not complain.....

Pro888
15-10-12, 22:33
That's true...
This sky project is grossly overpriced... :doh:

Than how abt Foresque at $1454psf?

I have talked abt Centris @ Jurong pt.
I have talked abt Centro Res @ AMK
I have talked abt Watertown
I have talked abt Caspian @ Lakeside
I have talked abt latest land price for Tenah Merah
I have talked abt latest land price for Bukit Panjang Integrated hub and future pricing
I have talked abt latest land price for Thomson area
I have talked abt upcoming land price for Yishun hub.

Market forces will determine the price.
When u see something like Sky Habitat, 0 sales last month, then u can say it is overpriced. Nothing wrong with the design or location.

Yishun condo will be priced between $1000 to $1500. :D
The take up rate for Yishun pte

The Estuary fully sold
Miltonia Res fully sold
Skies Miltonia 80% sold
8 Courtyard 97% sold
Canberra Res 98% sold as at Sep
The Nautical 84% sold

PropertyNewbie
15-10-12, 22:40
Full of negativity!
I am not praying, just looking forward to stay there on my own.
Let me give you an example, It you bought a diamond ring at $20000.
You do not expect to get back more than what you paid more, It's like Art.
Some people may just value it as a stone
Only the purchaser values it and can see why they love it then they bought it
Besides if you buy expensive jewels, chances are you may not get more or near the amount you purchased for unless it is very rare.

If the area blossoms in the future, it is a bonus.
Right now I'm loving how exclusive and serene the place is and comes with impeccable views.
The future awaits and who knows what will happen?

Anyway, what do you people think of new properties consisting of more than 900 projects?
Don't you think risks are higher?
Imagine if half or more, 450 units are for sale and for rent?
Future rental and buyers will source for the best units and negotiate for the best rates.

I am sensing a bit of buyer's remorse or even denial here. This isn't a $20,000 purchase that one can easily write off, or dun even have to take a loan for. This is a >$1,000,000 purchase that requires a 20, 25 or 30 year mortgage of working our asses off, praying no retrenchment, praying good health to stay employed etc etc

This isn't a luxury project, not by a long shot. There are very few intangible benefits here...everything has a value. Land is bidded cheap cheap by developer, who has done a good job marketing it and manage to make few hundred people part with their hard earn cash for something which really isn't worth the >1k psf price it commands.

>900 units...Riversails? Cheaper and a much better buy IMHO. That place is connected by park connectors to future Coney island, to Punggol watertown/beach/park, straight road to Marina bay via the KPE, to amenities which has been ANNOUNCED and not left to hope/chance. A good sized 3 bedder can be had for less than 900k.

Which one is easier to rent out or sell in your opinion?

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 22:45
I am sensing a bit of buyer's remorse or even denial here. This isn't a $20,000 purchase that one can easily write off, or dun even have to take a loan for. This is a >$1,000,000 purchase that requires a 20, 25 or 30 year mortgage of working our asses off, praying no retrenchment, praying good health to stay employed etc etc

This isn't a luxury project, not by a long shot. There are very few intangible benefits here...everything has a value. Land is bidded cheap cheap by developer, who has done a good job marketing it and manage to make few hundred people part with their hard earn cash for something which really isn't worth the >1k psf price it commands.

>900 units...Riversails? Cheaper and a much better buy IMHO. That place is connected by park connectors to future Coney island, to Punggol watertown/beach/park, straight road to Marina bay via the KPE, to amenities which has been ANNOUNCED and not left to hope/chance. A good sized 3 bedder can be had for less than 900k.

Which one is easier to rent out or sell in your opinion?

BUYERS REMORSE???!!!!
I don't think so.
What I am trying to say is if you purchase a diamond, a stone at a high price, people might think it's just a stone.
Only the purchaser can see the value and appreciate it.

People I know This is a forum.
I do not expect to hear only the good.
Everyone have their own point of view.
I can understand but try to see a good side to Things.
Price does not relates to actual value.
Value cannot be compared to just by pricing as well!

Besides I do not think that the projects with over 900 units can be easier to market than Any other projects.
Those who bought it at low prices, It's a steal for home stay!
Just think logically, No matter how good the price you bought at.
Competition to sell it or to rent will be raised.
Just think logically, if the units were not that many, do you think developer can sell people at cheaper prices given today's market?
I'm not trying to say that it is not a good project or investment but just highlighting the competition level.
Given the number of units there, exclusivity to facilities are not high.
By then, there might be new projects to attract people to buy instead of this.
But then again, that is subjective to one's point of view.

aang1971
15-10-12, 22:55
I went to view SM, if it was 900 to 1000, I would have went in to purchase, considering I bought MR for less than 850, and it was a unit that agent from other companies were eyeing at (Hutton agents has exclusive for 1 week) it was bought while another 2 buyers were eyeing it, I remembered he came over and tried to offer me something to change my mind lolz

When I heard SM is asking for 1200 1400 I told my wide forget it. Not for investment, return will be slow and risky.

If crisis occur and price moderate, I will still be keen.

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 22:57
I went to view SM, if it was 900 to 1000, I would have went in to purchase, considering I bought MR for less than 850, and it was a unit that agent from other companies were eyeing at (Hutton agents has exclusive for 1 week) it was bought while another 2 buyers were eyeing it, I remembered he came over and tried to offer me something to change my mind lolz

When I heard SM is asking for 1200 1400 I told my wide forget it. Not for investment, return will be slow and risky.

Your unit must be very good!
Yes, for the no views units.
Prices start from 900k.
You bought MR for the views?

p3nboy
15-10-12, 23:00
...this is a strange thread...if not happy with layout...why buy in the first place?...is buyer's remorse creeping in?

I give u discount, want?

danntbt
15-10-12, 23:07
I give u discount, want?
...no want lah.....old man cannot reach hidden rubbish chute.....further more I do not hang around much in the bedroom....nor do I want to sun-bathe on the big balcony in the bedroom.

aang1971
15-10-12, 23:07
Yes, for the no views units.
Prices start from 900k.
You bought MR for the views?

I got view of reservoir...but was not the main reason.....I look at more pragmatic aspect, view is bonus..will not pay over odds for view

jacelynchia
15-10-12, 23:13
I got view of reservoir...but was not the main reason.....I look at more pragmatic aspect, view is bonus..will not pay over odds for view

I see!
I was not sure of skies getting the view in the first place as well but I was sold when I was at the showflat!
Very impressed with skies!

You got a very good buy, MR's facilities look very nice as well!

p3nboy
15-10-12, 23:15
...no want lah.....old man cannot reach hidden rubbish chute.....further more I do not hang around much in the bedroom....nor do I want to sun-bathe on the big balcony in the bedroom.

I am only willing to offer you the ac ledge. Sorry.

aang1971
15-10-12, 23:15
I see!
I was not sure of skies getting the view in the first place as well but I was sold when I was at the showflat!
Very impressed with skies!

You got a very good buy, MR's facilities look very nice as well!

As I mention sis to each his own.

But yours is home stay should be ok

It is the investor who will be challenged...and the prices are pushed up by developers and agents

Any ware, is buyers beware

danntbt
15-10-12, 23:22
I am only willing to offer you the ac ledge. Sorry.
hahahahahaha u r funny.......I also afraid of height..........all kinds of height....including prices.

Pro888
15-10-12, 23:25

Watertown > $1600psf
Centro Res @ AMK > $1700psf
The Centris @ JP with full of FW also closed to $1200psf
Caspian 10-15m away from mrt track also closed to $1200psf

1 fren of mine bought a unit at The Centris during launch, i said far from everywhere except industries. wat ulu? Only ama keng & Changi village considered ulu. Pasir ris ulu?

with another 80k to 100k population coming in, more things will come in terms of infrastructure & amenities.

In investment, not only location, timing, space and govt are equally important.

Riversails with more than 900 units just like public housing. U are buying condo for space, privacy & quietness. Riversails got no views but.... + no exclusiveness + pool design for children, sure very noisy with many outsiders.

Even selling cheaper, sales have been poor. Market forces decide. :D

Pro888
15-10-12, 23:35
Full of negativity!

No worries. Just like watertown thread first started. Ppl need time to digest. What happen now? > $1600psf for 1 unit.

No return unit as of yesterday.

Pro888
15-10-12, 23:45
hahahahahaha u r funny.......I also afraid of height..........all kinds of height....including prices.

huh? Including your own height? omg! lay flat better. :D

Tripp
15-10-12, 23:48
Comparison among developments in Yishun/Sembawang

Project .................. Land Area ...... GPR .. GFA ............ Tender Price .. PSF
The Nautical ............. 27,665.50 sqm .. 1.4 .. 38,732.00 sqm .. $191,800,000 .. $460.05
The Miltonia Residences .. 27,000.00 sqm .. 1.4 .. 37,800.00 sqm .. $165,000,000 .. $405.53
Canberra Residences ...... 22,567.80 sqm .. 1.4 .. 31,594.92 sqm .. $131,700,000 .. $387.26
Skies Miltonia ........... 16,900.00 sqm .. 2.1 .. 35,490.00 sqm .. $138,900,000 .. $363.60
The Estuary .............. 26,949.10 sqm .. 2.1 .. 56,593.11 sqm .. $213,500,000 .. $350.48
Eight Courtyards ......... 26,539.60 sqm .. 2.5 .. 66,349.00 sqm .. $229,400,000 .. $321.21

kane
16-10-12, 00:04

the 2 buyers must have been really remorseful they didn't spent too much time deliberating, especially the one who came over to make you a side offer.

Xan
16-10-12, 00:05
No worries. Just like watertown thread first started. Ppl need time to digest. What happen now? > $1600psf for 1 unit.

No return unit as of yesterday.

If not for WT, i will go for yishun hub.
Tired of waiting. And probably yishun hub psf might be higher, given sm psf.
Well, investment point of view for SM is risky at this psf.
But for home stay, nothing much to say.
Perhaps becos of SM, my neighbour was offered 1.75mil but she rejected.

Pro888
16-10-12, 00:14
If not for WT, i will go for yishun hub.
Tired of waiting. And probably yishun hub psf might be higher, given sm psf.
Well, investment point of view for SM is risky at this psf.
But for home stay, nothing much to say.
Perhaps becos of SM, my neighbour was offered 1.75mil but she rejected.

Eco Sanctuary
*Launching Soon*

1-bedroom ~506 sqft from $638k up (indicative price)
2-bedroom ~667 sqft from $808k up (indicative price)
2+Study ~754 sqft from $908k up (indicative price)
3-bedroom ~969 sqft from $1.18m up (indicative price)
3+Study ~1163 sqft from $1.38m up (indicative price)
4-bedroom ~1367 sqft from $1.58m up (indicative price)

Look at Eco Sanctuary. A similar 969sf 2nd flr with no views (behind HDB, front Tree House) going for $1.18mio = $1217psf

The price can only go higher & higher. Treehouse -> Foresque -> Eco S.

Xan
16-10-12, 00:30
Look at Eco Sanctuary. A similar 969sf 2nd flr with no views (behind HDB, front Tree House) going for $1.18mio = $1217psf

The price can only go higher & higher. Treehouse -> Foresque -> Eco S.

True, price can only go higher.
But seriously, everything comes with a price tag. Amendities/location is a major factor.
If WT going for 1600psf, i can say, forget it. Way too overprice from investment point of view.
If foresque going for 1300psf, i can also say bye bye. Whats the upsides?
Developer can price whatever they want and there will always be buyers.
Buyers buy for many reasons, be it self stay, investment, or proximity to work.
I guess the forumers are not talking down SM, it just that they are questioning the upsides of this project when investment is concern.
No doubt, miltonia v nice place to stay, MR buyers pay a reasonable price. SM buyers im not sure yet.

Xan
16-10-12, 00:35
My neighbour was initially looking to buy SM for self stay and she plans to sell her current house. In the end, she go look for lilydale due to SM high psf.
Just a simple sharing and dont mean to talk down anything.
Different buyers have different sensitivity in terms of the price they are paying.
As long one is happy, its fine.

Pro888
16-10-12, 00:41
True, price can only go higher.
But seriously, everything comes with a price tag. Amendities/location is a major factor.
If WT going for 1600psf, i can say, forget it. Way too overprice from investment point of view.
If foresque going for 1300psf, i can also say bye bye. Whats the upsides?
Developer can price whatever they want and there will always be buyers.
Buyers buy for many reasons, be it self stay, investment, or proximity to work.
I guess the forumers are not talking down SM, it just that they are questioning the upsides of this project when investment is concern.
No doubt, miltonia v nice place to stay, MR buyers pay a reasonable price. SM buyers im not sure yet.

Eco S. vs Skies. Surely Eco wins in terms of overpriced tag.
2nd flr units ave $1200psf already liao. No views. No potential.

Xan
16-10-12, 00:47
Eco S. vs Skies. Surely Eco wins in terms of overpriced tag.
2nd flr units ave $1200psf already liao. No views. No potential.

You can also use sky habitat to compare, skies also wins hands down in terms of quantum and psf. But does that mean skies is a good buy?
Well, Theres no end to it.

Pro888
16-10-12, 00:53
You can also use sky habitat to compare, skies also wins hands down in terms of quantum and psf. But does that mean skies is a good buy?
Well, Theres no end to it.

Compare to Eco S. 100% yes. Cant turn back the clock liao. If can, 2004-2005 was the best recent years to invest. Like u said, nvr end.

Xan
16-10-12, 01:00
Compare to Eco S. 100% yes. Cant turn back the clock liao. If can, 2004-2005 was the best recent years to invest. Like u said, nvr end.

Well, if u ask me compare, eco s vs skies, i feel both sama sama. Not much investment upsides if priced at that kind of psf.
But thats just my view. I've been staying in miltonia for 5 yrs and i know its potential and where is its cap. Why should i talk down my place? Its just my honest opinion.
But thats also the beauty of this forum. Diff people diff view.
Up to the readers to decide.

kane
16-10-12, 01:05
Well, if u ask me compare, eco s vs skies, i feel both sama sama. Not much upsides if priced at that kind of psf.
But thats just my view. I've been staying in miltonia for 5 yrs and i know its potential and where is its cap. Why should i talk down my place? Its just my honest opinion.

you moved to shaugnessy?

Xan
16-10-12, 01:07

So i guess u still waiting for yishun hub?
Its also one of those in my list. But too bad, no bullet liao.

Pro888
16-10-12, 01:08
Well, if u ask me compare, eco s vs skies, i feel both sama sama. Not much investment upsides if priced at that kind of psf.

All with the same view, price will be stagnant. All buy, nobody sell or all sell nobody buy. :D

Xan
16-10-12, 01:09
you moved to shaugnessy?

that was many years back, psf lower than hdb, lol
But then cant compare la, anything bought before 2006 is damn cheap.

Pro888
16-10-12, 01:14
So i guess u still waiting for yishun hub?
Its also one of those in my list. But too bad, no bullet liao.

Yup. Last time, i expect priced between $1250 - $1300psf. Now it is very unlikely. Price may go up to $1500psf, thus making WT look cheap.

jacelynchia
16-10-12, 01:18

The world does not revolve only around anyone.
Please move with the time.

Definitely the overpriced segment. Skies is not that overpriced.

Xan
16-10-12, 01:19
Yup. Last time, i expect priced between $1250 - $1300psf. Now it is very unlikely. Price may go up to $1500psf, thus making WT look cheap.

Gut feel is ard 1300psf.
If true, still can buy la. I feel yishun hub got more upsides than WT. Lesser competition at least.

Skies psf and take up rate is something im taken aback.
But good lah, all miltonia buyers huat together. :D

Pro888
16-10-12, 01:37
Gut feel is ard 1300psf.
If true, still can buy la. I feel yishun hub got more upsides than WT. Lesser competition at least.

Skies psf and take up rate is something im taken aback.
But good lah, all miltonia buyers huat together. :D

Hopefully $1300psf, but will be lower flr or lousier facing etc. Higher flr might be going abv $1400/ $1500psf. We will know in abt a year time.

Pro888
16-10-12, 01:42

Eco S. 2nd flr $12xxpsf and Higher flr 1.4 1.5k overpriced or not? Far from everywhere except west itself.

jacelynchia
16-10-12, 03:28
[QUOTE=danntbt]...no want lah.....old man cannot reach hidden rubbish chute.....further more I do not hang around much in the bedroom....nor do I want to sun-bathe on the big balcony in the bedroom.[/QUOT

You are damn sarcastic.
It seems like you're enjoying our worries!
Always adding some spice to the skies thread.

We're too engrossed at the show flat, did'nt thought the chute was going to be a problem.
The thread was mainly to solve this issue but you're seem to not understand.

We neglected the chute area but I think we can try talking to developer.

p3nboy, Do let us know if you need anything from us.
Have you tried speaking to Developer?

danntbt
16-10-12, 05:09
[QUOTE=danntbt]...no want lah.....old man cannot reach hidden rubbish chute.....further more I do not hang around much in the bedroom....nor do I want to sun-bathe on the big balcony in the bedroom.[/QUOT

You are damn sarcastic.
It seems like you're enjoying our worries!
Always adding some spice to the skies thread.

We're too engrossed at the show flat, did'nt thought the chute was going to be a problem.
The thread was mainly to solve this issue but you're seem to not understand.

We neglected the chute area but I think we can try talking to developer.

p3nboy, Do let us know if you need anything from us.
Have you tried speaking to Developer?

....well you said it all....tsk tsk.....just live with it, Foresque also has chute in the cabinet, washer and dryer in the cabinet, also 80% sold....

danntbt
16-10-12, 05:11
huh? Including your own height? omg! lay flat better. :D

haha, now that you pointed that out.....I realized I got used to that already....maybe you can eventually get use to the location of the chute too....good luck.

danntbt
16-10-12, 05:13
Comparison among developments in Yishun/Sembawang

Project .................. Land Area ...... GPR .. GFA ............ Tender Price .. PSF
The Nautical ............. 27,665.50 sqm .. 1.4 .. 38,732.00 sqm .. $191,800,000 .. $460.05
The Miltonia Residences .. 27,000.00 sqm .. 1.4 .. 37,800.00 sqm .. $165,000,000 .. $405.53
Canberra Residences ...... 22,567.80 sqm .. 1.4 .. 31,594.92 sqm .. $131,700,000 .. $387.26
Skies Miltonia ........... 16,900.00 sqm .. 2.1 .. 35,490.00 sqm .. $138,900,000 .. $363.60
The Estuary .............. 26,949.10 sqm .. 2.1 .. 56,593.11 sqm .. $213,500,000 .. $350.48
Eight Courtyards ......... 26,539.60 sqm .. 2.5 .. 66,349.00 sqm .. $229,400,000 .. $321.21
...WOW EC land also more expensive........well done to SM Developer.

aang1971
16-10-12, 07:40
...WOW EC land also more expensive........well done to SM Developer.

Looks like we may have another financial crisis...well good time for me to go in and buy from borderline cases when that happen.

Liquidity will be big issue for next 3 years and if Obama loses the election, Republican has history of protecting the rich over middle class. One way is to stop printing money and raise interest rate

nav14
16-10-12, 09:45

Visited SM over the weekend. For the 4 bedders, the 5th flr unit was priced at around 1.35m and 8th flr on the same stack 1.65m. 300k more for just 3 flrs higher because of the view and the view from 8th flr is just above the trees. SM developer has done a fantastic job in marketing and he must be having a good laugh all the way to the bank. I am not sure how lucky SM will prove to those who paid such premium prices but it definitely proved very lucky for the developer.

Sky Habitat now looks very reasonably priced.

nav14
16-10-12, 09:54
Visited SM over the weekend. For the 4 bedders, the 5th flr unit was priced at around 1.35m and 8th flr on the same stack 1.65m. 300k more for just 3 flrs higher because of the view and the view from 8th flr is just above the trees. SM developer has done a fantastic job in marketing and he must be having a good laugh all the way to the bank. I am not sure how lucky SM will prove to those who paid such premium prices but it definitely proved very lucky for the developer.

Sky Habitat now looks very reasonably priced.

Just to add that it would be quite interesting for someone to do a thesis on the above - the psyche of buyers , how they fall in for the marketing gimmicks of developers and the power of "feng shui" marketing.
I do not remember The Estuary being priced like 300k more for 3 higher floors becuase of the view. The view from Estuary is clearly more superior with a larger upfront water view. Many units face away from the junction which is supposedly bad for feng shui. It is walking distance from MRT.
SM would prove to be a interesting case study for marketing.

Tripp
16-10-12, 10:08
http://www.newcondo.sg/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Location-of-Skies-Miltonia.jpg

I think there will be more condo developments in Miltonia in time to come, perhaps in the GLS 2013.

The availability of land for the condo belt in Pasir Ris, Upper Serangoon, Tampines Ave 10 have almost been depleted.

Miltonia & Hillview are the ones that I can think of with room for more development at the moment.

nav14
16-10-12, 10:08

The 3 bedder at the showflat is for the premium unit (1130sqft) where the living / dining area is of reasonable size. The compact 3 room (969 sq ft) which you bought and can only be seen from the floorplan has living / dining area equivalent to the 2 bedders. Compare the floor plans of the 3 rm compact and premium side to side and the difference in living/dining size would be quite obvious. Only a small sized 1 pc 3 seater sofa can be placed in the living room of the 3rm compact.

jacelynchia
16-10-12, 11:28
The 3 bedder at the showflat is for the premium unit (1130sqft) where the living / dining area is of reasonable size. The compact 3 room (969 sq ft) which you bought and can only be seen from the floorplan has living / dining area equivalent to the 2 bedders. Compare the floor plans of the 3 rm compact and premium side to side and the difference in living/dining size would be quite obvious. Only a small sized 1 pc 3 seater sofa can be placed in the living room of the 3rm compact.

The premium unit is brought up by the balconies, yard and an extra toliet, which I do not need.

I think It's fine. The size was not a issue.

PropertyNewbie
16-10-12, 12:12
The premium unit is brought up by the balconies, yard and an extra toliet, which I do not need.

I think It's fine. The size was not a issue.

I like your optimism and your resolve. Single-handedly defend Skies Miltonia against all naysayers.

In fact I think you should chill and take a break from the forum. Start shopping for interior designers, design your colour theme, pick your furniture etc etc. Make your 3bedder your dream home come true.

sunrise
16-10-12, 12:13
is yishun and seletar area in the hot zone?

check this out: http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/

terrynfs
16-10-12, 15:12
parc centros buyers happy like bird :D

star
16-10-12, 15:18
Congrats all residents on the purchase. Miltonia is a good place to live.

jacelynchia
16-10-12, 15:46
I like your optimism and your resolve. Single-handedly defend Skies Miltonia against all naysayers.

In fact I think you should chill and take a break from the forum. Start shopping for interior designers, design your colour theme, pick your furniture etc etc. Make your 3bedder your dream home come true.

I have recieved messages from skies owners to just ignore but I feel I must protect my baby! hahaha
well, Thank you
Optimism is key but in the first place, we buyers bought it because we loved it.

I just feel that if others have so much to say about other's purchases but do they really think we buyers cannot judge on our own?

You're right!
We should start thinking about the interiors.
I am thinking of wallpapers designs and the decors already !