PDA

View Full Version : Expats in housing fix

mr funny
24-05-07, 08:35
May 24, 2007

Expats in housing fix

WITH the influx of professionals from abroad, in tune with Singapore's mission to raise the population to 6.5 million, the housing problem has reached alarming proportions.

Many of my friends who are engineers and IT professionals tell me that even after a search of two months, they cannot find accommodation even though they are prepared to pay high rent. Out of frustration, some have decided not to bring their family and plan to return home soon. Many advise their colleagues who plan to come to Singapore to think twice in view of the acute housing shortage. As a result, foreign talent is diverted to other destinations.

From my friends' feedback, there is no scheme to provide housing facilities for expatriates, with the one offered by JTC Corporation discontinued. The Government should earmark certain blocks in various areas for professionals from abroad.

N. Nageswaran

Madeira
25-05-07, 16:10
"Willing to pay high rent but cannot find accommodation?"

Cannot be lah. Every weekend got people advertise to rent out their Ardmore Park units at abt $15K/mth.

Registered
25-05-07, 21:38
"Willing to pay high rent but cannot find accommodation?"

Cannot be lah. Every weekend got people advertise to rent out their Ardmore Park units at abt $15K/mth.

Agree man!
If still can't find one. Come and rent my suburban penthouse lah.