PDA

View Full Version : Ghim Moh flat preposition

yowetan
08-08-12, 14:13
Hi all.. I am intending to rent a 4 room HDB flat in Ghim Moh and rent out all my three existing HDBs out to get disposal income. I am planning to rent out my Tiong Bahru 5 room HDB flat at 3000SGD to 3500SGD, and am currently negotiating for the 4 room HDB flat in Ghim Moh for 2000-2100SGD rental. I am planning to plant all family members in a 3 bedrooms and living area in Ghim Moh HDB which is relatively close and accessible to public transports, wet-market, schools and my office.

This move is to ensure my kids are near to Mt Sinai and within 1km perimeter from Henry Park primary.

I will like to consult and understand what are the pro's and con's with regards to this preposition. Please kindly advise.

phantom_opera
08-08-12, 14:19
Please write to ST forum and seek professional opinion

Have u considered agent fees for renting out your TB flat? You need an agent also to get Ghim Moh flat right?

buttercarp
08-08-12, 14:22
So you gave up on the Mt Sinai dream condo?
How to squeeze everyone in into a 4 room HDB flat?
You have to count the net amount that you are going to receive after paying tax on your rental income.
What about your parents and in laws?
Don't they want to have some money from the rental of their flat?
Don't forget that the other 2 HDB's are not yours but your parents'and PILs'.

phantom_opera
08-08-12, 14:24
yowetan should write a biography titled "The road to Mt Sinai" or "The journey to Henry Park" but looks like he gave up Mt Sinai

buttercarp
08-08-12, 14:24
Please write to ST forum and seek professional opinion

Have u considered agent fees for renting out your TB flat? You need an agent also to get Ghim Moh flat right?

Yup, phantom, I also think yowetan needs professional help.

coolchoc
08-08-12, 14:40
Yup, phantom, I also think yowetan needs professional help.

That's a good one :D

phantom_opera
08-08-12, 14:43
I think the news about boy crying after failure to get a place in Nan Chiao has added to yowetan's anxiety

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/record-number-schools-conduct-phase-2c-primary-1-registration

Wild Falcon
08-08-12, 14:53
Sounds like a better idea than the Mt Sinai one. At least u get a decent sized 4 room HDB flat with 3 bedrooms for your family. Definitely beats living in a small unit in Mt Sinai.

Alternatively you can rent a condo in Mt Sinai and then sublet while u continue to live in Tiong Bahru. Pls be discreet but most LLs won't know every single person living in the house. But remember to change your address. Lots of parents do it - renting is definitely a better option than buying a house that you don't like or need just becos u want to get your child in a school.

Hi all.. I am intending to rent a 4 room HDB flat in Ghim Moh and rent out all my three existing HDBs out to get disposal income. I am planning to rent out my Tiong Bahru 5 room HDB flat at 3000SGD to 3500SGD, and am currently negotiating for the 4 room HDB flat in Ghim Moh for 2000-2100SGD rental. I am planning to plant all family members in a 3 bedrooms and living area in Ghim Moh HDB which is relatively close and accessible to public transports, wet-market, schools and my office.

This move is to ensure my kids are near to Mt Sinai and within 1km perimeter from Henry Park primary.

I will like to consult and understand what are the pro's and con's with regards to this preposition. Please kindly advise.

carbuncle
08-08-12, 15:16
西遊記 haven't even finish the local run and you gave up on your journey already.... :tsk-tsk:

What makes you think HDB will approve subletting out ALL of your family's HDBs?

Laguna
08-08-12, 15:27
Ooops, he is dreaming again......

Flat Owners Responsibilities

As a flat owner subletting your flat, you will be responsible for:
Making sure the flat is sublet to eligible subtenants only
Making sure that there is no overcrowding and the number of subtenants does not exceed the maximum number allowed
Tenancy/Property Ownership Status

Subtenants must not be tenants/owners of other HDB flats

phantom_opera
08-08-12, 15:29

Making sure that there is no overcrowding and the number of subtenants does not exceed the maximum number allowed

I am impressed by HDB .. 天衣无缝

buttercarp
08-08-12, 15:36

Wow.... Laguna, you are so knowledgeable!
Yowetan, you are lucky that Laguna alerted you on this.
Imagine, you did not know this and went ahead with your plan and HDB found out and confiscated all your flats :scared-5: .

yowetan
08-08-12, 15:39

Making sure that there is no overcrowding and the number of subtenants does not exceed the maximum number allowedTenancy/Property Ownership Status

Hi. Thanks for reminding me of this clause.

This is my plan:-
I will use my wife's brother name to rent the whole HDB flat.
My wife and myself with 2 kids will stay in a room, my parents and in-laws will stay in the other two rooms and my sister's brother will stay in the living area.

Next, I will use the rental to susidize the rental in Ghim Moh while searching for a Mt Sinai property before my kids start their session in Henry Park primary if and only if they are being accepted and enrolled.

Laguna
08-08-12, 15:41

My wife and myself with 2 kids will stay in a room, my parents and in-laws will stay in the other two rooms and my sister's brother will stay in the living area.

Next, I will use the rental to susidize the rental in Ghim Moh while searching for a Mt Sinai property before my kids start their session in Henry Park primary if and only if they are being accepted and enrolled.

4-room and bigger
9 persons

pengful
08-08-12, 15:43
Yowetan, you are very confused person. Please don't come and confused other people. Please go away.

Laguna
08-08-12, 15:43
I am impressed by HDB .. 天衣无缝

aiyo, if HDb meet Ah Tan, there will be thousand of holes

yowetan
08-08-12, 15:48
4-room and bigger

9 persons

Hi.. Is there any table/matrix for illustration on the maximum occupants in a HDB unit? TIA.

phantom_opera
08-08-12, 15:52
I begin to suspect Ah Tan is undercover from HDB/MND

Vincegoh
08-08-12, 16:25

i thought u are only child? now u have a sister and a brother also?

u are so funny. :D

zzz1
08-08-12, 16:28
I think the news about boy crying after failure to get a place in Nan Chiao has added to yowetan's anxiety

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/record-number-schools-conduct-phase-2c-primary-1-registration
Last time my kid asked me to put him in the worst school so that is less stressful and properly he will be top in the class ... :doh: :doh:

phantom_opera
08-08-12, 16:30
Last time my kid asked me to put him in the worst school so that is less stressful and properly he will be top in the class ... :doh: :doh:

not really, worse schools teachers all cmi and throw more work at parents or force u to go tuition

BR
08-08-12, 16:46
At the end of the day, it's MOE's fault. Please go check with MOE.

ikan bilis
08-08-12, 16:48

Making sure that there is no overcrowding and the number of subtenants does not exceed the maximum number allowedTenancy/Property Ownership Status

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentOpenMktRentOutWholeFlat?OpenDocument

Subtenants must not be tenants/owners of other HDB flats except for :

Tenants/owners who are divorced/legally separated

Only one of the divorced/legally separated parties may be a subtenant

Owners who are eligible to sublet their whole HDB flat

They must sublet their own flat within 1 month after having rented a flat from another flat owner

Subtenants must not be owners of Executive Condominium units where the 5-year minimum occupation period has not been met.
Subtenants must not be tourists.(last year, there were already hdb owners wanted to rent my hdb flat)

Chillyred888
08-08-12, 16:51
Yup, phantom, I also think yowetan needs professional
help.

he is seeking FREE Pro advice from all the lao jiaos here:spliff:

ikan bilis
08-08-12, 16:52
bro yowetan... sorry ah! 2 questions....

1) how old are your kids now ??... you very kancheong planning few years ahead ah ??... this 1 renting and not buying hor...
2) your MOP for hdb flat over ??... or by the time your kids getting into school, the MOP will be over then ??...

yowetan
08-08-12, 17:01

Hi. Typo error. My wife is her brother's sister.

Thank you for correcting it.

yowetan
08-08-12, 17:06
bro yowetan... sorry ah! 2 questions....

1) how old are your kids now ??... you very kancheong planning few years ahead ah ??... this 1 renting and not buying hor...
2) your MOP for hdb flat over ??... or by the time your kids getting into school, the MOP will be over then ??...

Hi.

(1) - Elder son is 15 months old, and younger son is 2 months old. Yes, I am planning ahead as I need to start some background work to ensure my elder son gets into Henry Park primary.

Renting is cost effective and helps to build my underlying funds.

(2) - Yes, MOP will be over once my kids starts schooling.

ikan bilis
08-08-12, 17:06
.... My wife is her brother's sister.

kay-kong/extra-talk 1... who does not know ??... :D

yowetan
08-08-12, 17:12
kay-kong/extra-talk 1... who does not know ??... :D

Hi. I am trying to clear the misunderstanding before it gets complicated and confusing.

ikan bilis
08-08-12, 17:14
Hi. I am trying to clear the misunderstanding before it gets complicated and confusing.

just kidding with you lah....

bcoz "My wife is her brother's sister" looks funny when i read...

:cheers4:

gap969
08-08-12, 17:40

His parents just gave birth ??:beats-me-man:

januslow
08-08-12, 18:28
Get wife's bro to rent the Gim Moh flat, how to use the rented address under HIS name to apply primary school for YOUR kids?? I wonder if I'm confused or you are confused with your story?

buttercarp
08-08-12, 19:09
Get wife's bro to rent the Gim Moh flat, how to use the rented address under HIS name to apply primary school for YOUR kids?? I wonder if I'm confused or you are confused with your story?

Then he should apply for his bro in law to be his chewren's legal guardian.

indomie
08-08-12, 19:14
Why do u have to be so extreme? Its like reading "anti-basically" posts.

zzz1
08-08-12, 19:28
not really, worse schools teachers all cmi and throw more work at parents or force u to go tuition
I was using paradox to show that the children now are so diff now ..

Of course we did other wise ....

radha08
08-08-12, 19:28
i ONLY support you because me and my family moving back to OUR 4-rm hDB flat....but not before i spend 30k on reno...to do up my flat that has been treated like a geylang prosti$%^ for the past few years..:o

i think its about time my kids experienced communal living ...all this PC and landed living has put my family in dreamland and now we moving back to REALITY....:scared-2:

As for your plans Mr YT..if you think its right just do it....end of day...good or bad you will know.....same for me at the moment i am giving up the landed/pc dream....but i will be ready to jump back in IF the time ever comes...:D

Good luck...

zzz1
08-08-12, 20:34
Talk about conflict...
I sure we have , especially more if the space is clamp, two different families and background staying under one root that we face conflict in one way or another ..

Could u share with us how u manage these families conflict ? It is not easy...

phantom_opera
08-08-12, 20:47
横眉冷对千夫指,俯首甘为孺子牛

好一个 yowetan

solsys
08-08-12, 20:57
*12 gun salute for yowetan*

Undying spirit of squeezing every single cent from his properties with his united family behind him!

:D

Laguna
08-08-12, 21:31
横眉冷对千夫指,俯首甘为孺子牛

好一个 yowetan
天生我才必有用
千金散尽还复来

yowetan
08-08-12, 22:18
Talk about conflict...
I sure we have , especially more if the space is clamp, two different families and background staying under one root that we face conflict in one way or another ..

Could u share with us how u manage these families conflict ? It is not easy...

Hi..I am lucky to have my parents and in-laws staying under one roof.

I can't share much secrets behind the success because there isn't any to begin with. Being said, I believe it is just understanding, inclusivness and cohesion spirit within different families.

My parents and in-laws are fully supportive of my wife and myself, and we are just glad to recieve their monetary, moral and maternal support.

yowetan
08-08-12, 22:19

Hi. You have raised a valid point; I have an idea to change the address, however I will check with the relevant authority and neighbourhood police station on the requirement.

Sleepyhead
08-08-12, 23:01
Hi. You have raised a valid point; I have an idea to change the address, however I will check with the relevant authority and neighbourhood police station on the requirement.

I just changed my address.... You will need to produce lease documents of the property in your name to prove that you have legal right to use that address.

limfc
08-08-12, 23:18
hi ah-tan,

be careful hor... dun get on the wrong side of law and / or moral conscience.

good luck man!

pengful
09-08-12, 00:39

You are already confusing without having to resort to that statement. From flamingo valley to pte property in mt sinai to rent hdb in ghim moh. You must be of unsound mind. Seek help from a shrink. You need it.

You practically cover east to west. Bravo.

danntbt
09-08-12, 09:03
You are already confusing without having to resort to that statement. From flamingo valley to pte property in mt sinai to rent hdb in ghim moh. You must be of unsound mind. Seek help from a shrink. You need it.

You practically cover east to west. Bravo.
......hmmm, have a HDB that has not reached MOP, and wanna rent another HDB using bro-inlaw's name.....getting more and more ridiculous....anyway....wonder what his BIL think about this BIL squeezing money out of his parents and his own parents.....woa...am sounding as confused as him...

Laguna
09-08-12, 10:26
Hi.. Is there any table/matrix for illustration on the maximum occupants in a HDB unit? TIA.

why I still have to feed u
find it yourself in HDB web site

No wonder your pay is still so low at the age of 30+ despite of being high efficient and effective...u short of initiative......and expect feeding

radha08
09-08-12, 10:49
talk about SQUEEZING...:scared-1:

http://www.oddee.com/contrib_16161.aspx

Dragonfly
09-08-12, 10:49
I read those things posted by yowetan, really find it ridiculous yet entertaining. Nothing is true....all fictitious!

stiook
09-08-12, 12:34

And what about your cat?

yowetan
09-08-12, 12:41
And what about your cat?

It is a dog, not a cat.

Dog will stay at the kitchen.

buttercarp
09-08-12, 13:42
It is a dog, not a cat.

Dog will stay at the kitchen.

So it is confirmed dog.... Not catdog.
His previous post said he has a sheltie.
Yowetan, care to share a picture of your beloved pet.
A picture speaks a thousand words.

yowetan
09-08-12, 14:42
So it is confirmed dog.... Not catdog.
His previous post said he has a sheltie.
Yowetan, care to share a picture of your beloved pet.
A picture speaks a thousand words.

Hi. Per your request.

http://i48.tinypic.com/102nvoi.jpg

buttercarp
09-08-12, 14:55
Thanks yowetan, she looks lovely, albeit a little worn out.
Perhaps because she is , as you have mentioned before, 8 years old.
Btw......I hope she is not confined to the backyard most of the time?

yowetan
09-08-12, 15:00
Thanks yowetan, she looks lovely, albeit a little worn out.
Perhaps because she is , as you have mentioned before, 8 years old.
Btw......I hope she is not confined to the backyard most of the time?

Yes. You are observant. She has been with us for years. Recently she was injured and had a surgery.

This is why I want Mt Sinai where there is a big yard space for my family and the dog.

Laguna
09-08-12, 15:04
Yes. You are observant. She has been with us for years. Recently she was injured and had a surgery.

This is why I want Mt Sinai where there is a big yard space for my family and the dog.

Do u know Sg Govt does not take care of pets?
look like the dog is much taken care off by u than your parents and PILs.

yowetan
09-08-12, 15:06
Do u know Sg Govt does not take care of pets?
look like the dog is much taken care off by u than your parents and PILs.

This is why I am glad Singapore government has relevant bodies and departments to assist my parents and in-laws. Though the social-net is not as comprehensive as the western countries, however I am glad I am able to transfer the responsibilities to the government.

Trapping-bird
09-08-12, 16:12
This is why I am glad Singapore government has relevant bodies and departments to assist my parents and in-laws. Though the social-net is not as comprehensive as the western countries, however I am glad I am able to transfer the responsibilities to the government.

Bro, please post yourself with ur kids and wife. I am interested to know how you look like. Can say hi to you if see u in a Show flat..

yowetan
09-08-12, 18:14
Bro, please post yourself with ur kids and wife. I am interested to know how you look like. Can say hi to you if see u in a Show flat..

Hi. I prefer to be anonymous and reserves privacy for my wife, myself and families.

pengful
09-08-12, 19:16
Hi. I prefer to be anonymous and reserves privacy for my wife, myself and families.

I think he wants to make sure that you are a real person with real intentions and not a troll. I am interested to find out too.

hopeful
09-08-12, 19:19
And what about your cat?

U damn cunning :-)
Lucky YT didnt fall for ur trap.

If YT said he has cat, sure kenna bombarbed. :-)

hopeful
09-08-12, 19:21
I think he wants to make sure that you are a real person with real intentions and not a troll. I am interested to find out too.

You can see him and entire families at laguna's bbq party. Unfortunately he was "disinvited."

panamera
09-08-12, 19:31
Hi.

(1) - Elder son is 15 months old, and younger son is 2 months old. Yes, I am planning ahead as I need to start some background work to ensure my elder son gets into Henry Park primary.

Renting is cost effective and helps to build my underlying funds.

(2) - Yes, MOP will be over once my kids starts schooling.

Still so young and not necc to start staying within the 1 km. Staying within 1 km will not necc guarantee entry. Definitely need to ballot. Most at least compete at the PV stage minimum to get better odds.

Then again, not easy to be accepted as parent volunter, unless you have a skill the school needs to volunteer at.

I better strategy would be to quit your job and look to work in the school so you can be almost guaranteed of a slot. Probably you wont be taking a pay cut even.

Laguna
09-08-12, 19:55

我是说你的父母和岳父母比你家的狗都不如

buttercarp
09-08-12, 20:02
我是说你的父母和岳父母比你家的狗都不如

Parents and PIL - subsidized and basic care.

Dog - had surgery, I am sure not subsidized one, right?

yowetan
09-08-12, 20:26
我是说你的父母和岳父母比你家的狗都不如

Hi. There is a limit on a person's patience.

Your continuous attack is unwarrant and unnecessary.

yowetan
09-08-12, 20:27
Parents and PIL - subsidized and basic care.

Dog - had surgery, I am sure not subsidized one, right?

Hi.. the dog surgery is not subsidized. It was done free by my friend who is a vet.

yowetan
09-08-12, 20:29
Still so young and not necc to start staying within the 1 km. Staying within 1 km will not necc guarantee entry. Definitely need to ballot. Most at least compete at the PV stage minimum to get better odds.

Then again, not easy to be accepted as parent volunter, unless you have a skill the school needs to volunteer at.

I better strategy would be to quit your job and look to work in the school so you can be almost guaranteed of a slot. Probably you wont be taking a pay cut even.

Hi. Thanks for constructive comment and suggestion.

This is an interesting preposition, and I will put this up to my wife. She is much patience person in nature compared to me.

Laguna
09-08-12, 20:41

我要看看为人子的行为是如何
人在做,天在看
不是没有报,而是时未到
政府没有义务照顾你的父母,而你住在高级公寓,
我也是纳税人,看你的做人价值,我就光火
简直是寄生虫的态度

buttercarp
09-08-12, 20:49
Hi.. the dog surgery is not subsidized. It was done free by my friend who is a vet.

Wow......you are lucky.
Recently I sent my guinea pig for lice treatment.
It cost $60 for each guinea pig.

Laguna
09-08-12, 20:51
你这种人,每天都在数父母和岳父母的钱,如何用他们,
是最最要不得,难怪你不会得志
整天都在数小钱,没大志,悲哀

phantom_opera
09-08-12, 20:56
Now I wonder .. are we talking to yowetan or his dog?? :scared-1:

http://www.ricklatona.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/picresized_1229584137_youreadog1.gif

Laguna
09-08-12, 21:07
[QUOTE=phantom_opera]Now I wonder .. are we talking to yowetan or his dog?? [QUOTE]
狗是一种很忠心的动物,对於养他们的人,都也忠心,在人道而言,就是孝。
所以人如果没孝道,就是连狗都不如。

Laguna
09-08-12, 21:13
You can see him and entire families at laguna's bbq party. Unfortunately he was "disinvited."
我很大方,从不斤斤计较
it is him, calculated no economic sense to fetch his extended family for the free BBQ

Laguna
09-08-12, 21:17
I read those things posted by yowetan, really find it ridiculous yet entertaining. Nothing is true....all fictitious!
对了,所以嘛,我就逗逗他玩玩,
打发时间,消遣消遣
练习我的华语

gfoo
09-08-12, 21:47
我是说你的父母和岳父母比你家的狗都不如

totally agree. this troll paints the picture of an underachieving moron, has no morals or filial piety, obviously an underperformer at work, unrealistic schizo bordering on woodbridge, and if he's for real, it's a wonder why his family hasn't kicked him out in the streets yet for putting them through this. YT,

http://www.marriage-wise.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/loser.jpg

Trapping-bird
09-08-12, 22:39

Just to make sure you are real.. But I think you are just a fake Internet trapper.

Laguna
09-08-12, 23:05
Just to make sure you are real.. But I think you are just a fake Internet trapper.
对了
由於他的种种
他没脸见人

Laguna
09-08-12, 23:33

我有讲错吗?
你家的狗,有的住,有的吃,不用做工,生病看医生,你买房子,还考虑狗要有空间。
看看你家中的四位老人,都需交予你他们的房租,没零用钱,为你看孩子,洗衣,煮饭,打扫房子,住鸟笼,生病不是你的事。
所以,还不是比不上你家的狗。

hopeful
10-08-12, 00:39
Wow......you are lucky.
Recently I sent my guinea pig for lice treatment.
It cost $60 for each guinea pig.
wow. that's expensive.
you can try this treatment.

totally submerge the guinea pig in a pail of water.
1) lice will drown first, guinea pig will survive.
you solve the lice problem.
2) guinea pig will drown first. you throw dead guinea pig together with the alive lice. you also solve the lice problem.

so guinea pig dead or alive, lice problem solved. QED.

that aside, you can submerge the body only. head above the water. the fleas, lice will either drown or climb up to the head. it is easier to search for fleas, lice concentrated in small area.

hopeful
10-08-12, 01:16
我很大方,从不斤斤计较
it is him, calculated no economic sense to fetch his extended family for the free BBQ
no lah, you said something like
"I think, I will end up with big trouble if u know where I stay...."

why does people considered YT a troll, fool and doesnt want to meet him.
lets see the probable outcomes

once you meet him, you will know him.
1) YT is indeed as he said, 7k family income etc.
what do you lose? 1 hour of your time? you are not going to deal with him anymore as not worth your time.

2) YT is poorer than he described, a bummer etc.
what do you lose? 1 hour of your time and of course since he is a bummer, you have to pay for his coffee too. you are not going to deal with him anymore as not worth your time.

3) YT is richer than described
what do you gain? you may get to know a rich man, who may or may not befriend you.
rich man dont befriend you, you lose 1 hour of your time.
4) rich man befriend you, you gain a friend.

so in this simplified scenarios, 3 hours wastage versus "lifetime" of friendship.
expected outcome is way more +ve.

why i think YT is not a poor troll?
1) he offered to meet forummers. nobody has taken up his offer, but perhaps he will back out last minute if people offered to meet him, i dont know. or he will offer to bring his entire extended family (as additional barriers) in order to dissuade the host.
so what if YT want to bring additional 10 people. bring it on. you have many properties, additional 10 people is not going to put a dent in your wealth. let's see the real YT.

2) he has lots of free time. indicating either he is unemployed or own boss.

my feeling is he is rich bored man.
once interest in YT dies down, he will come up with more exagerated ideas to generate interest in YT once more.
the poor where got so much time on hand, and not so "bo-liao".

the 1st person to crack the YT puzzle may possibly gain the friendship/respect of a rich man known as YT.

of course, i have been rightly accused many times of being too clever by half :)

focus
10-08-12, 01:56
my feeling is he is rich bored man.
once interest in YT dies down, he will come up with more exagerated ideas to generate interest in YT once more.
the poor where got so much time on hand, and not so "bo-liao".

the 1st person to crack the YT puzzle may possibly gain the friendship/respect of a rich man known as YT.

of course, i have been rightly accused many times of being too clever by half :)

But why would you want to befriend someone who choot so many patterns?
You want to be friend..just be friend.
Don't go and do this type of funny thing.

So whether he is troll or real yowetan or real rich man. Who cares.
It gets a little boring after awhile listening to his stories.
I have been skipping his messages but couldn't help and wanted to respond to your message about him being someone who is rich playing games with us.

Laguna
10-08-12, 11:52

One sided dream.....day dream...

please also remember to transfer all their assets and rental income to the Govt as well

yowetan
10-08-12, 11:53
Hi all. I am here to present my preposition, an alternative approach to reach the same objective.

The approach could be impulsive, offending and insensitive but I do accept all comments, opinions, suggestions as well as criticism. Having said that, it will be even better if the inputs from all of you are objective and constructive.

Any personal attack and disputes should cast aside to ensure this thread offers geniune inputs for me, and my families as well as other readers who are in similiar situation as me.

A troll or not, this is a discussion forum. I do not understand why some of you are so uptight with it. Being said, there are some kind forumers like buttercarp and others who are more receptive, netural and tolerance to my unusual unorthodox approach. I like to thank this group of people for their patience so as to make this forum an engaging one, of coz a positive one.

As for the other group, I am also wish to thank all of your criticism and sacarsm for I believe I will get stronger by learning to do anger management and be gracious over absurb and rude comments.

On a side note, I really wish and hope there is a moderator who will moderate this forum etiquette, so as to make this forum a prosperous and enjoyful one for all walks of life.

I may be poor, and may depend heavily on the government subsidizes and assistance. However, I am a geniune person who is here to learn, share and give.

phantom_opera
10-08-12, 12:27
Hi all. I am here to present my preposition, an alternative approach to reach the same objective.

The approach could be impulsive, offending and insensitive but I do accept all comments, opinions, suggestions as well as criticism. Having said that, it will be even better if the inputs from all of you are objective and constructive.

Any personal attack and disputes should cast aside to ensure this thread offers geniune inputs for me, and my families as well as other readers who are in similiar situation as me.

A troll or not, this is a discussion forum. I do not understand why some of you are so uptight with it. Being said, there are some kind forumers like buttercarp and others who are more receptive, netural and tolerance to my unusual unorthodox approach. I like to thank this group of people for their patience so as to make this forum an engaging one, of coz a positive one.

As for the other group, I am also wish to thank all of your criticism and sacarsm for I believe I will get stronger by learning to do anger management and be gracious over absurb and rude comments.

On a side note, I really wish and hope there is a moderator who will moderate this forum etiquette, so as to make this forum a prosperous and enjoyful one for all walks of life.

I may be poor, and may depend heavily on the government subsidizes and assistance. However, I am a geniune person who is here to learn, share and give.

Because you represent a value proposition to get to Mt Sinai or Henry Park at all cost, including sacrificing the interest of your parents/PILs (although they may appear supportive) , be it a troll or not, it is still against the well accepted values in Singapore society

yowetan
10-08-12, 13:10
Because you represent a value proposition to get to Mt Sinai or Henry Park at all cost, including sacrificing the interest of your parents/PILs (although they may appear supportive) , be it a troll or not, it is still against the well accepted values in Singapore society

Hi. Thanks for responding to my "outcry".

Yes, I do admit that this is a value preposition which may deem as extreme and unusual in traditional Asean conservative society.

However, this forum is for discussions, constructive debates and not relegated to degradatory remarks and sacarsm. It is alright to criticise me for my unfashionable proposal and idea(s). But, there should be a limit how far a criticism should evolves, i.e personal attack.

Being said, I am glad to "learn" not just the property sentiments but different aspects of being a person (human).

Allthepies
10-08-12, 13:46

Yo don't be too harsh on him la... they are other children who are much worst off than him.

Some children only think of their parents when they need them to look after their grandchildren. When go holidays or go out to have fun, completely forgot about their parents and enjoy without them... so many cases I have seen among my friends and families.

carbuncle
10-08-12, 14:05
i agree. at least yowe keeps the family together. 有福同享 有难同当 (utf8 heehee)

Laguna
10-08-12, 14:34

I think have to examine the underlying motive to have the families together. IT is becos he can keep their rental income and make them to do the housework....

yowetan
10-08-12, 15:19
I think have to examine the underlying motive to have the families together. IT is becos he can keep their rental income and make them to do the housework....

Hi. Engaging in housework and taking care of their grandchildren is the way to combat aging and adopting positive active lifestyle.

I do not like to see my parents and in-laws sitting there doing nothing. I want to see them engaging with their life.

carbuncle
10-08-12, 15:43
we havent been able to listen to the Parents side of the story. i suspect they are more than willing to do all that and more. my parents are one such case (for my sister/nieces). it did help "revive' my dad who was spending his time nodding off in front of the tv and never socialise with anybody outside the house.

ay123
10-08-12, 16:09

u have many successful friend where u can always go to them for free help. how lucky are u..............but how failure are u too. when yr friend busy upgrading themselve while u busy plotting on how to squeeze yr family

ay123
10-08-12, 16:11

then slowly poison them and be the owner of three flat for free!!!!! but make sure u hide or get rid the body and don report or yr lobang will be exposed :D

phantom_opera
10-08-12, 16:38
I think yowetan once hinted that when his parents/PIL have medical problems needing to stay in hospital next time ... he will sort of turn his back on them. I wonder if the situation arise, he is willing to use the rental of the HDBs to pay off his parents/PILs medical expenses ... and in worst case scenario, sell off his Mt Sinai to pay back

Of course he will say his parents / PILs very kind, they rather die than asking him to sell off :beats-me-man:

Of course, no expensive medical insurance also for parents/PILs because every cents saved is to stay at Mt Sinai

Beebot
11-08-12, 11:04

Hi folks,

Let's not go on a personal attack against forumers whose values we may not totally agree. In any which way, there are always different perspectives on life. Whether YoweTan takes advantage of his parents or not it's not for us to judge.

In our Asian society, there are so many cases of parents taking care of their grandchildren and doing the housework for their children voluntarily. Some even chip in their own money to help their children out. Are these parents being taken advantage of by their children? Only they can answer and they will have to live with the consequences of their decisions. In life, we all have to live with the consequences of our decisions, don't we?

In any healthy relationships, there is an element of reciprocity. In this regard, only the parties involved can answer this question. Outsiders do not have the privy to the details of the relationship.

By the way, I am not related to YoweTan, neither do I know him personally. Just want to add my two cents' regarding this issue. Let's just stick to the discussion topic that he has raised.

Peace.

Laguna
11-08-12, 12:52
这不是人身攻击,而是有人时所做所为令人发指

Allthepies
11-08-12, 13:51

Some are even worst off, only think of their parents when they need them to look after their grandchildren during working hours, nights out, weekend off or go on holidays. Or visit their parents when they want to enjoy home cooked food. Refuse to let their parents stay with them even when they live in big houses. I'm sure my familiar description will ring a bell in many of you.

Just like to voice out here so that people will remember to take good care of their parents while they are still around. Our parents are getting old, not much opportunities to show our love for them.