PDA

View Full Version : Taxis will be taken out of COE bidding process from Aug

phantom_opera
27-07-12, 20:03
Taxis will be taken out of COE bidding process from Aug: LTA

What do u think ? COE will drop at least 10k ?

Obviously MAS cannot lose face of targeting 4 to 4.5% inflation rate

Arcachon
27-07-12, 20:49
Pay what your bid will be next.

Laguna
27-07-12, 21:17
Long overdue change
govt trying hard to bring down inflation number

ommmm
27-07-12, 21:33
taxi fare will come down?

Wild Falcon
27-07-12, 21:48
Wah lau. Taxis take out from Cat A and Cat A quota remain the same? This effectively means more cars on the road liao lor. More jam. Taxis cause more jam than private cars since they ply the road almost 24 hours. Those who paid high COE for their Cat A cars must be fuming mad. Haha. If want to take taxis out from Cat A, then Cat A quota has to come down and allocate some to Cat E. i hope out govt know how to make the necessary adjustments, .ie. deregistration for taxis should now be moved to Cat E and therefore the Cat A quota should be reduced (shifted to Cat E) as well. Or else vehicle growth rate go up again.

buttercarp
27-07-12, 22:02
Oh great..... One of the best news from LTA in a Long while.
Now...can we cooperate to bring Coe down?
Going to tell husband to chiong n buy new car when Coe comes down...... Cannot miss the boat again.
2009 when I bot my new car, he did not want to change car at that time.

ysyap
27-07-12, 22:26
taxi fare will come down?You wait long long!!! There are a million reasons to raise the fares but only 1 reason to lower the fare, which is forced by law...

ysyap
27-07-12, 22:27
Oh great..... One of the best news from LTA in a Long while.
Now...can we cooperate to bring Coe down?
Going to tell husband to chiong n buy new car when Coe comes down...... Cannot miss the boat again.
2009 when I bot my new car, he did not want to change car at that time.How long will it take for COE prices to come back to Earth? My car got not much lifespan left... :scared-2:

flagship74
27-07-12, 22:40
How long will it take for COE prices to come back to Earth? My car got not much lifespan left... :scared-2:
3 more years.:rolleyes:

kane
27-07-12, 22:58
Ho say. Time to buy on dips.

buttercarp
27-07-12, 23:53

I think so too.
Lucky my husband's car can wait till then.
In the meantime, just have to drive the present car.

teddybear
27-07-12, 23:55
Can wait until 2019? :beats-me-man:

How long will it take for COE prices to come back to Earth? My car got not much lifespan left... :scared-2:

gfoo
28-07-12, 02:30
you all nebber read correctly - new taxi registrations will all be taken out from Cat E (open). Cat A will drop, but Cat B ... hoh hoh!

HP65
28-07-12, 07:48
you all nebber read correctly - new taxi registrations will all be taken out from Cat E (open). Cat A will drop, but Cat B ... hoh hoh!

You are sharp. In fact, taxi companies need to ramp up their fleet size as required by LTA. The old taxis that need to be replaced when it reached EOL will just pay prevailing CAT A COE while new fleet will get their Coe from CAT E.

Whether CAT will drop or not? Anybody guess. Lots of Euro cars with 1.6L turbo going be launched in next few months.....starting this weekend from Merc with the B200.

zzz1
28-07-12, 08:48
Will the low cat a Coe attract the cat b driver to downgrade to cat a ?

buttercarp
28-07-12, 09:37
Some may downgrade.
But once you have driven big cars, it is difficult to downgrade.

phantom_opera
28-07-12, 10:52
Cm1 for Coe ? But one word to summarize LPPL

buttercarp
28-07-12, 11:14
Cm1 for Coe ? But one word to summarize LPPL

LPPL = Dick was hit by the ball he was playing.

Rysk
28-07-12, 11:34
Maybe MR B should close his CANNOT MAKE IT thread "Property price is coming down fast"... & create a new thread "Cat A car price is coming down fast"... maybe stands a chance to prove he is right this time round

gfoo
28-07-12, 11:58

if borderline driving a 1.8l or 2.0l i dun see why not - they are not too far from a Cat A. but absolute no-nos for those who love engines, and driving.

Rysk
28-07-12, 12:40
Some may downgrade.

But some 1.6 cars are as big as 2.0cc.. like the 1.6 Volvo S60 or Peugeot 508 or even 1.6 MPV Citroen C4 Grand Picasso & 1.4 Opel Zafira is also very spacious

azeoprop
28-07-12, 12:56
Everybody please bid $1 :D

zzz1
28-07-12, 13:02
Some may downgrade.
True, is hard to unless a good model come along the way in cat a.

zzz1
28-07-12, 13:03
if borderline driving a 1.8l or 2.0l i dun see why not - they are not too far from a Cat A. but absolute no-nos for those who love engines, and driving.
In that sense , it will not pent down the cat b Coe much

radha08
28-07-12, 13:26
left hand pass to RIGHT hand...:doh:

gfoo
28-07-12, 13:29
In that sense , it will not pent down the cat b Coe much

no cat b buyer will buy an underpowered conti so such borderline cases are rare. if you are buying a massa or mac or porky, who cares if its cat a or b as long as its performs well. this will b very good news for TDI makers, bad news for inbetweeners like 1, 3, A, B, C

DC33_2008
28-07-12, 13:30
Garment should really review the COE and focus on usage rate with the upcoming GPS-ERP system.

radha08
28-07-12, 14:35

i got 2 cars..one 2 years other 3 years left...so praying hard:spliff2:

radha08
28-07-12, 14:37
Garment should really review the COE and focus on usage rate with the upcoming GPS-ERP system.

if you are running a business and every 2 weeks you earn MORE AND MORE $$$$.....why would you care...:cheers1:

phantom_opera
28-07-12, 15:00
i got 2 cars..one 2 years other 3 years left...so praying hard:spliff2:

sorry to dash your hope, it will take another 4y because in August they reduce less than planned

the era of cheap COE is over even in next 10y, with so much investment in CCL, DTL, ERL, TSL ... u think they will let COE drop to $1??

buttercarp
28-07-12, 16:42
sorry to dash your hope, it will take another 4y because in August they reduce less than planned

the era of cheap COE is over even in next 10y, with so much investment in CCL, DTL, ERL, TSL ... u think they will let COE drop to $1??
If we all cooperate, it may be possible. LTA should set a cap for cat A.
Cat A is for the masses.
It is like HDB n should be made affordable.

azeoprop
28-07-12, 17:39
If we all cooperate, it may be possible. LTA should set a cap for cat A.
Cat A is for the masses.
It is like HDB n should be made affordable.

More like mass market condo and pricing left to forces of free market. The "masses" are supposed to take MRT/LRT/Bus. :rolleyes:

gfoo
28-07-12, 18:44
i hope that cars become so prohibitively expensive that each household shd only have 1 good car. secondary drivers esp expat soccer moms should be kept off the streets for the good of society.

zzz1
28-07-12, 20:14
i hope that cars become so prohibitively expensive that each household shd only have 1 good car. secondary drivers esp expat soccer moms should be kept off the streets for the good of society.
last time some ppl did mentioned that car owners, properly are the top 20 % of the sg cream leh....

ysyap
28-07-12, 20:53
3 more years.:rolleyes:But my car left less than 3 years leh... sigh!!!

ysyap
28-07-12, 20:57
COE should be awarded to those who need cars and not those who can afford cars.... those who can afford cars and going for their 2nd or 3rd car should bid under a different category of COE for the super rich. The regular COE should be based on measurable indicators such as the number of family members or number of children under 16 years old or something like that... I know of a family with 4 kids but can't afford cars so used motorcycle to drive children around... then I also know of those who just drive around for fun... Hmmm... :rolleyes:

ysyap
28-07-12, 21:03
i got 2 cars..one 2 years other 3 years left...so praying hard:spliff2:I sama sama... one 2.5 yrs the other 3.5 yrs...

phantom_opera
28-07-12, 21:10
COE should be awarded to those who need cars and not those who can afford cars.... those who can afford cars and going for their 2nd or 3rd car should bid under a different category of COE for the super rich. The regular COE should be based on measurable indicators such as the number of family members or number of children under 16 years old or something like that... I know of a family with 4 kids but can't afford cars so used motorcycle to drive children around... then I also know of those who just drive around for fun... Hmmm... :rolleyes:

Agree
Unfortunately, 有钱能使鬼推磨

ysyap
28-07-12, 21:39
Agree
Unfortunately, 有钱能使鬼推磨沒有钱怎麼辦? Take the train that breaks down all so often or take the SBS bus that has drivers who take passengers for a free spin? Hmmm....

Adva181
29-07-12, 00:33
Everybody please bid $1 :D

They will bid up the min b4 4.30pm lor. Then let the desperate car dealer outbid that min price. All controlled my friend.

zzz1
29-07-12, 08:42
They will bid up the min b4 4.30pm lor. Then let the desperate car dealer outbid that min price. All controlled my friend.
That why the 50 dollar Coe is possible

phantom_opera
29-07-12, 09:13
I can bet 10 dollars that the era of cheap COE is over unless depression

zzz1
29-07-12, 09:36
I can bet 10 dollars that the era of cheap COE is over unless depression
Ur 10 bux bigger then the bull cart wheel ley...:D :D

phantom_opera
29-07-12, 10:42
Lianhe zhaobao first page say 20pc will stop driving if coe stays high, ministers happy now

gfoo
29-07-12, 11:53
last time some ppl did mentioned that car owners, properly are the top 20 % of the sg cream leh....
like that everybody is cream liao - everyone owns a car and property these days.

phantom_opera
29-07-12, 12:48
A major change involving taxis and the COE system could have far-reaching effects for car buyers. In a nutshell, it may take some heat off those in the market for small cars but spell bad news for those seeking bigger cars.
As taxis are removed from the small car quota, it will only shift the price pressure to the big-car segment, say some motor distributors.
From next month, taxi operators who want to expand their fleets no longer have to bid for a certificate of entitlement (COE) and need only pay the prevailing quota premium (PQP).
But this will not mean more COEs for new car buyers because each new additional cab will result in one fewer Open Category COE available in the subsequent six-monthly COE quota.

=> if you take inflation into consideration, 100k today more like 40k in early 1990's

Arcachon
29-07-12, 13:00
100k can buy a 2 Bedroom at Southbank in June 2006 for 99 years.

zzz1
29-07-12, 13:53
like that everybody is cream liao - everyone owns a car and property these days.
Maybe that was the intend then to make the cream of the cream to own the car..
If the Coe price increase and hold for years to come , it will become reality ...:doh:

Arcachon
29-07-12, 18:46
Maybe that was the intend then to make the cream of the cream to own the car..
If the Coe price increase and hold for years to come , it will become reality ...:doh:

My friend told me why I did not stop him from being the cream of the cream and buy a private property instead. If he buy in June 2006 he can be 5x the cream of the cream.

kane
29-07-12, 22:49
relative value trade, short Cat A, long Cat B/Open Cat.

zzz1
30-07-12, 10:41
My friend told me why I did not stop him from being the cream of the cream and buy a private property instead. If he buy in June 2006 he can be 5x the cream of the cream.

tell him during that time if you had told him to buy property, still he need the ball of steel make that move...:D

azeoprop
31-07-12, 09:14
Maybe got chance to get the all new 2013 nissan sylphy at a lower price? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RGC-4v7rKI

zzz1
31-07-12, 09:29
Maybe got chance to get the all new 2013 nissan sylphy at a lower price? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RGC-4v7rKI
This lan jiao car, Japan domestic call blue bird or pulsar , is 1.8 as featured and should be in cat b right?

azeoprop
31-07-12, 09:44
This lan jiao car, Japan domestic call blue bird or pulsar , is 1.8 as featured and should be in cat b right?

Dunno if sg version will still feature the 1.5L engine or not... :beats-me-man:

zzz1
31-07-12, 10:44
Dunno if sg version will still feature the 1.5L engine or not... :beats-me-man:
The review of the current 1.5 version sylphy is under powered, whereas the Latio is very fuel economical .. Both the same type of engine .

Is the power to weight ratio, a 1.5 engine running a 2 litre body may be under power ...

phantom_opera
31-07-12, 11:50
big family with MPV will suffer from this decision ... now taxi will directly compete with MPV for COE in open Cat

LTA policy in conflict with pro-creation policy ...

zzz1
31-07-12, 12:02
big family with MPV will suffer from this decision ... now taxi will directly compete with MPV for COE in open Cat

LTA policy in conflict with pro-creation policy ...
Is it not taking the prevailing rate of open cat and nn quota from it? This is my understanding ....

phantom_opera
31-07-12, 12:05
Is it not taking the prevailing rate of open cat and nn quota from it? This is my understanding ....

That is for replacement only, new taxis (i.e. fleet expansion) will take from open Cat thus directly compete with MPVs

zzz1
31-07-12, 12:20
That is for replacement only, new taxis (i.e. fleet expansion) will take from open Cat thus directly compete with MPVs
Ic....tks for clarifying ....

phantom_opera
03-08-12, 17:53
Taxi population growth rate slashed until end-2013

LTA goes all out to help MAS to control inflation .. now want to control taxi growth rate

Let's see what COE premium will be in August

focus
03-08-12, 23:05
Like that means now is the time to buy your LUXURY CAR.
If not, no more chance with Taxis taking up all the open cat.
The squeeze on big cars will be even greater.

amk
08-08-12, 20:40
What, no one has any comment on today's COE result ? "taxi proven not the cause" now

phantom_opera
08-08-12, 20:42
What, no one has any comment on today's COE result ? "taxi proven not the cause" now

yeah ... because economic growth is so strong right? ;)
our measures were adequate but we went extra mile in removing taxis to prove the above :spliff2:

ysyap
08-08-12, 20:52
They hope to cushion the rise in COE prices after the reduction in quantum by removing taxi. Imagine if taxi was still in there... :rolleyes:

Arcachon
08-08-12, 20:58
yeah ... because economic growth is so strong right? ;)
our measures were adequate but we went extra mile in removing taxis to prove the above :spliff2:

Money in the bank is depreciating too fast no point putting in the bank.

kane
08-08-12, 21:14
Cat A rising faster than Cat B.

Arcachon
08-08-12, 21:37
They should have CMs for COE

kane
08-08-12, 21:39
The most immediate way is to make bidders pay whatever they bid for COE. So there's no incentive to overbid.

amk
08-08-12, 22:45
They should have CMs for COE

How about ABSD of 40% of prevailing COE for 2nd car onwards ?

Arcachon
08-08-12, 23:36

phantom_opera
09-08-12, 10:51
Ministers and mps and top civil servants and biz man hardest hit