PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mr Dennis Ng. You will be missed.

Vincegoh
26-07-12, 18:15
Starting off from providing housing loan advice and eventually evolving to offering financial investment talks, Dennis was a good guy. I may not always agree with him on his financial viewpoints and take on housing trends. but he's a good and humble guy through and through.

A benevolent person who came from humble roots, he worked hard to achieve his success and has also generously given back to society and to charity.

Mr Dennis Ng, you were a treasured individual and we were all blessed to have been touched by you in one way or another. Rest in peace.

Mr.Keh
26-07-12, 18:38
Dennis Ng passed away? you sure?

Laguna
26-07-12, 18:53
Yes
but not sure what happened

buttercarp
26-07-12, 18:54
Yes
but not sure what happened

Heard it was heart attack during a seminar last night.
Wanbao got news.

http://blog.omy.sg/wbnews/2012/07/26/26-07-2012-%e5%8f%8c%e5%b0%81%e9%9d%a2/

Laguna
26-07-12, 19:42
http://showbiz.omy.sg/News/Local+News/Story/OMYStory201207261535-351768.html

azeoprop
26-07-12, 19:57
Oh dear, RIP. :(

buttercarp
26-07-12, 20:05
43 years old only....for men, it is the prime age. So sudden.... so sad......
RIP.

rymccondo77
26-07-12, 20:27
Yes, sad to hear of his sudden passing. Think the cause of death was a heart attack after a seminar last night. Condolences to his family.

You can find out more at this facebook website:

http://www.facebook.com/AndyTheCoach#!/DennisNgKW

This is the message posted on facebook from his brother Andy:

===============================================
It is with deep sadness that I announce that my beloved younger brother, Dennis Ng Kah Wan, passed away peacefully on 26 July 2012 Thursday 12 am. Dennis left behind his wife and 2 sons, and 4 siblings and 1 mother.

Many people told me that Dennis has left behind a legacy that few in Singapore or even Asia can match.

As an entrepreneur, trainer, coach and consultant on finance and property subjects, Dennis's seminars have created over 3,000 happy students over the last few years. His flagship seminar company Wealth Directions at Park Mall have been holding seminars few times a week since 2010.
Dennis's 3 other companies: Leverage Holdings Pte Ltd (mortgage broking), TEP Pte Ltd (Traded Endowment Plans) and MasterYourFinance.com Pte Ltd have to-date, achieved many successes for their clients, leading to Dennis winning awards like SME 1 awards in 2011.

I'm sure all of you will join me to wish Dennis a peaceful journey to heaven. As a staunch Buddhist, Dennis has inspired many people to achieve inner peace and happiness. He now has reached this blissful state.

Dennis's wake will be at Blk 632 Veerasamy Road (off Jalan Besar) from tonight (26/7 Thur) till Saturday 28/7. Cremation and funeral will be on Sunday 29/7.

For people that may have questions on Dennis's seminars, please give the company Wealth Directions some time till 15 August to make the necessary arrangements. In the meantime, please respect Dennis's family by giving them some personal space.

A legacy for all to remember, and a loss to our society - Dennis Ng will be remembered by all.

================================================

ysyap
26-07-12, 20:39
I may not have attended his seminar or training but am sadden to learn of his passing. RIP...

howgozit
26-07-12, 20:56
So young... RIP

Vincegoh
26-07-12, 21:04
Having met so many of these educators in my field of work, I've to say only Dennis commands my respect; not from his financial knowledge but his spirit and his humbleness.

It feels me with extreme sadness though I do not know him well. I think the world is a lesser place without him. Sigh.. Life is short.

azeoprop
26-07-12, 21:04
Everybody please take care of your health and go for medical check ups regularly. Many critical illnesses have no symptoms till the terminal stage. :scared-3:

carbuncle
26-07-12, 21:27
never heard of him... but guessed the below sums it up

Posted by online_agasamwang on 2012-07-26 21:07:40.224

可惜! 会理财不会理命!!!
那个老 pesi-cola 什么都会理,chin歹死!

Posted by online_wearesingapore on 2012-07-26 18:30:35.649

有些人活了他的一倍(43X2=86)都还没死呢。真是天意弄人!

Posted by online_madelineahl on 2012-07-26 18:25:17.854

生命在于神手中!

Posted by online_tant8585 on 2012-07-26 17:07:32.125

人生真的不能以赚钱为生活目标,钱再多也要有命去花。

Posted by online_nomoretosay on 2012-07-26 17:00:43.014

天妒英才,英年早逝。感叹生命何其脆弱?
还没见证下一轮更严峻的金融风暴就走了?言犹在耳呢!一路走好吧!

flxcat
26-07-12, 21:28
Is saddening to hear the sudden pass away of Dennis Ng.

Just weeks ago was listening to his sharing on radio 938 with Kiev on financial managment discussion.

RIP Dennis.

Yes, absolutely agrees, we can all take about investment in this forum, but health is in fact the most valuable investment in one's life time.

carbuncle
26-07-12, 21:31
Everybody please take care of your health and go for medical check ups regularly. Many critical illnesses have no symptoms till the terminal stage. :scared-3:

my last check like 10 yrs ago... n i hv MVP :(

Vincegoh
26-07-12, 22:03
my last check like 10 yrs ago... n i hv MVP :(
Actually best to have a full body checkup at least once every 2-4 yrs once u cross 30. Just to have a peace of mind also. Else if any additional ailments at least find out early can cure earlier also.

Me also haven't done mine for very long. Actually supposed to go last yr cos its under Company insurance requirement but I didn't go so now only got minimal coverage. Think I will go for a checkup soon within this yr..

august
26-07-12, 22:43
43 years old only....for men, it is the prime age. So sudden.... so sad......
RIP.

He doesnt look prime. I think he lacks exercise.

evergreen
26-07-12, 22:51
Medical check ups are only attempts to detect existing problems. They are not preventive.
The prime reason for poor health and sudden death is consistently insufficient sleep over long periods of time. The body suddenly decides that it needs to sleep... for good. :sleep: 7-8 hours of sleep is just a guide for the average adult who engages in average mental and physical activities. Teenagers need 8-10 hours. Children need even more.
When we wake up naturally without any disturbance or using an alarm clock, that's enough sleep. If we can't get up without the help of an alarm clock daily, that means we are not getting enough sleep.
Most children in Singapore do not get enough sleep. That's why they have learning disability and require tutoring!

TKT
26-07-12, 23:49
Definitely contributed to the greater good and left the world a better place.

RIP!

:47:

reporter2
27-07-12, 00:16
http://blog.omy.sg/wbnews/files/2012/07/26-Jul12-cover.jpg

Blk 632 Veerasamy Road (off Jalan Besar) from tonight (26/7 Thur) till Saturday 28/7. Cremation and funeral will be on Sunday 29/7.

newbie11
27-07-12, 00:31
so young.. life is just like that.. unpredictable..

Beebot
27-07-12, 01:12
My best pal's niece died of an asthma attack this month. She was only in her mid 20s.

alamak
27-07-12, 07:08
Medical check ups are only attempts to detect existing problems. They are not preventive.
The prime reason for poor health and sudden death is consistently insufficient sleep over long periods of time. The body suddenly decides that it needs to sleep... for good. :sleep: 7-8 hours of sleep is just a guide for the average adult who engages in average mental and physical activities. Teenagers need 8-10 hours. Children need even more.
When we wake up naturally without any disturbance or using an alarm clock, that's enough sleep. If we can't get up without the help of an alarm clock daily, that means we are not getting enough sleep.
Most children in Singapore do not get enough sleep. That's why they have learning disability and require tutoring!

The mind and fragile body can only take so much ,,need all the rest and breaks .. achieve so much ,,running 3 company .. sometime too much to handle for one person.. stress level unimaginative ... at time we are so envious of person(s) who seems to achieve /reap so much but what we do not understand are that these folks are doing are at the expense of their /physical mental health .. peace of mind .. expectation to perform continously at super top level ,rush rush and then ka boom,)

All machines break down ..don't say the fragile human .. Sorry for saying this. practically work to death. This is happening in all fast materialistic success society.. :doh:

smallant
27-07-12, 08:33
Good & humble chap .. Rest in peace mate ...

gn108
27-07-12, 09:40
Don't know him personally but he sounded and looked humble.
May he Rest in Peace...

Vincegoh
27-07-12, 10:39
My best pal's niece died of an asthma attack this month. She was only in her mid 20s.

my condolences to your pal's loss.

It's always sad and tragic to see the loss of a young life who has so much in front of her. :(

Vincegoh
27-07-12, 10:44
The mind and fragile body can only take so much ,,need all the rest and breaks .. achieve so much ,,running 3 company .. sometime too much to handle for one person.. stress level unimaginative ... at time we are so envious of person(s) who seems to achieve /reap so much but what we do not understand are that these folks are doing are at the expense of their /physical mental health .. peace of mind .. expectation to perform continously at super top level ,rush rush and then ka boom,)

All machines break down ..don't say the fragile human .. Sorry for saying this. practically work to death. This is happening in all fast materialistic success society.. :doh:

the sad thing was Dennis had already intended to start handing over more of his work to his students later this year.. but alas his body couldn't wait any further.

good thing is he at least managed to take a vacation to europe with his family a couple of weeks back.

he is indeed overworked. :(

Vincegoh
27-07-12, 10:50
Dennis lives a very frugal life and don't even believe in buying cars (as he believes it to be a depreciating asset).

but what is different about him (from misers and stooges) is he gave freely and generously to charity and had a lot of compassion for the less fortunate. this is what made him a great man.

alamak
27-07-12, 14:56
the sad thing was Dennis had already intended to start handing over more of his work to his students later this year.. but alas his body couldn't wait any further.

good thing is he at least managed to take a vacation to europe with his family a couple of weeks back.

he is indeed overworked. :(

Heard from Chinese paper that his siblings/family has history of heart attack.. so should have prepared actually. Seem like he knew him personally.

buttercarp
27-07-12, 15:09
Dennis lives a very frugal life and don't even believe in buying cars (as he believes it to be a depreciating asset).

but what is different about him (from misers and stooges) is he gave freely and generously to charity and had a lot of compassion for the less fortunate. this is what made him a great man.

Didn't know about him previously but feel sad for his family.
From what you have described, he was a compassionate and charitable person. On his part, at least he did not suffer........

phantom_opera
27-07-12, 15:13
I have to admit I did not know this guy. Any story to share about his generosity and compassionate act?

carbuncle
27-07-12, 15:17
I have to admit I did not know this guy. Any story to share about his generosity and compassionate act?

Asked my parents, both know him. Guess it's only the more chinese ed people will hear of him. There's a reason why wanbao come out the news first and not TNP.

august
27-07-12, 15:24

he runs a seminar business that teaches financial planning and investment. Not free of course.

Vincegoh
27-07-12, 16:19
he runs a seminar business that teaches financial planning and investment. Not free of course.

yeah but he also provides free investment columns and radio talk shows etc.

his charitable work comes from supporting (through propagating the initiatives and through donating his own cash) charity foundations such as make a wish.. that was the key reason why he won my admiration.

zzz1
28-07-12, 20:04

in fact the human parts are the longest running machines , up and running up to avg 70-80 years. there is no other machine can last that..

and the human parts, when failing will tell tail and sign.. just that we fail to reconginse that...we should start to observe our human parts better..

Laguna
28-07-12, 21:26
Now, value health so much more than wealth.
When ur young, u use your health to earn your wealth, and when ur old, u can't use your wealth to buy back your health.

DC33_2008
29-07-12, 10:26
Better than those with no health and wealth.
Now, value health so much more than wealth.
When ur young, u use your health to earn your wealth, and when ur old, u can't use your wealth to buy back your health.

carbuncle
29-07-12, 10:33
in fact the human parts are the longest running machines , up and running up to avg 70-80 years. there is no other machine can last that..

and the human parts, when failing will tell tail and sign.. just that we fail to reconginse that...we should start to observe our human parts better..

i observe other pples 'human parts' on a daily basis

Laguna
29-07-12, 10:47
There is this woman, 46, same ward as my mother, full blown bone cancer, spread to liver.
生命儿何
好好珍惜

yowetan
29-07-12, 11:11
There is this woman, 46, same ward as my mother, full blown bone cancer, spread to liver.
生命儿何
好好珍惜

Read in several threads that your mum is recieving treatment in hospital.

I sincerely wishing her speedy recovery.

zzz1
29-07-12, 11:12
生命儿何
好好珍惜
Spread to liver , sad... Days are literally counting ,.. Hope that family members are coping well...

When illness strike and we are just become hopeless... Yeah , need to cherish ppl around us which we offen taken for granted...

zzz1
29-07-12, 11:17
i observe other pples 'human parts' on a daily basis

Alamak u only observe nia,,
some other observe and touch,,,blessed if u are gyne::cheers1:

Laguna
29-07-12, 11:26
I just sent in my Advanced Medical Directive.....

yowetan
29-07-12, 11:30

Which hospital? Restructured or parkway group hospital?

All the best.

zzz1
30-07-12, 11:02

that must be quite a evenful suituation which promted you to do so..

i must say that i concur to do so if event of such...we make our own decision. It will be never easy to decide for somebody else, especially your close one, to stop the treatment and letting them go...

Vincegoh
30-07-12, 12:18

sorry to hear this.. :(

propertychap
30-07-12, 14:20
Its a sad thing that such a learned person in finance passed away so suddenly. He actually looked healthy and no tell tale signs. And good looking too.

buttercarp
30-07-12, 14:30

sorry to hear this.. :(

May I know why are you sorry?
We are encouraged to do so.
By right, one should sign the AMD and after doing that, let one's spouse or children know that you have signed it or put a note in one's wallet, otherwise no one will know should one get admitted.

Laguna
30-07-12, 14:45
aiyo, I am still very fit and healthy, doing 40 laps a day.

What is advanced medical directive...this is a living will, that I dun want to live on life prolonging machines in the event of terminally sickness.

After signing, the authority will send confirmation to the ones I listed in the form.

I strongly encourage everyone to sign up. U can get the form from the Polyclinic.

I saw my frns and relatives, in the last stage of life, living on machines, and it is not only one machine. For a close relative of mine, age only 60, lived on at least 5 machines....and the immediate family, camped in the hospital lobby for many many days and nites.

I dun want my loved one to suffer from seeing me dying slowly and painfully. So two of us signed up. And my children have been informed.

Vincegoh
30-07-12, 15:32
aiyo, I am still very fit and healthy, doing 40 laps a day.

What is advanced medical directive...this is a living will, that I dun want to live on life prolonging machines in the event of terminally sickness.

After signing, the authority will send confirmation to the ones I listed in the form.

I strongly encourage everyone to sign up. U can get the form from the Polyclinic.

I saw my frns and relatives, in the last stage of life, living on machines, and it is not only one machine. For a close relative of mine, age only 60, lived on at least 5 machines....and the immediate family, camped in the hospital lobby for many many days and nites.

I dun want my loved one to suffer from seeing me dying slowly and painfully. So two of us signed up. And my children have been informed.

ahh good to hear that u are in the pink of health.. i thought u are feeling unwell. :doh: :p

Laguna
30-07-12, 22:00
ahh good to hear that u are in the pink of health.. i thought u are feeling unwell. :doh: :p

Thanks a lot....
It is not easy to support the aged parents and inlaw.
Go to eye centre, the ave time taken is 4 hours
A&E is 6-8 hours....or even 10 hours....
when they hospitalise, they expect daily visit....

buttercarp
30-07-12, 22:40
Thanks a lot....
It is not easy to support the aged parents and inlaw.
Go to eye centre, the ave time taken is 4 hours
A&E is 6-8 hours....or even 10 hours....
when they hospitalise, they expect daily visit....

It is true.
It is like having to take care of a baby/ babies all over again!
Wonder whether yowetan ever thought of these things he might encounter in the future.

Vincegoh
31-07-12, 10:42
It is true.
Wonder whether yowetan ever thought of these things he might encounter in the future.

have u watched the Brad Pitt movie "the curious case of benjamin button"? actually quite apt considering that humans need alot of care both during infancy and old age... but that's wad makes us human. the ability and want to take care of family and friends both young and old. :cheers3:

Laguna
31-07-12, 15:50
It is true.

Taking care of baby is lot of joyce
but taking care of old folks is a lot of saddness...see they aging, dying, trouble in walking, eating, bathing etc etc is heart breaking...

carbuncle
31-07-12, 15:50
I continue my weekly jog after my flu ... must keep healthy.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/8033_10151961185390244_1138987376_a.jpg

now resting...

Laguna
31-07-12, 15:56
I continue my weekly jog after my flu ... must keep healthy.

now resting...

nowadays, I go for Chinese massage....once every two weeks

carbuncle
31-07-12, 16:00
tui na is wonderful... the neck tension can relly release... but mine the effect usually last only like 3 days... :(

I used to go quan qi Dao. signed package... went like 30-40 over times

Vincegoh
31-07-12, 17:19
tui na is wonderful... the neck tension can relly release... but mine the effect usually last only like 3 days... :(

run liao then go foot spa/massage. heavenly. :D

Laguna
31-07-12, 23:03

ya, this one is good....
But I am very particular about the China lady doing the tulna.....
I am paying $100 for 2 hours.....with cupping if needed

buttercarp
31-07-12, 23:30
Taking care of baby is lot of joyce
but taking care of old folks is a lot of saddness...see they aging, dying, trouble in walking, eating, bathing etc etc is heart breaking...
It is true that it is sad to see them suffering.
But if you look at it positively, it is part n parcel of life n it is a privilege to live till old age.
Sometimes I wonder why most of us are so concerned that we look old when we are already old n go to extent of aesthetic procedures. Shouldn't we be proud of the wrinkles n saggy skin? Shouldn't we be happy that we can live n grow old?

Vincegoh
01-08-12, 10:03
It is true that it is sad to see them suffering.
But if you look at it positively, it is part n parcel of life n it is a privilege to live till old age.
Sometimes I wonder why most of us are so concerned that we look old when we are already old n go to extent of aesthetic procedures. Shouldn't we be proud of the wrinkles n saggy skin? Shouldn't we be happy that we can live n grow old?

come back and revisit your post in 30 years time. :rolleyes:

buttercarp
01-08-12, 10:15
come back and revisit your post in 30 years time. :rolleyes:

LOL..... can make it 50 years instead?

Vincegoh
01-08-12, 11:40
LOL..... can make it 50 years instead?

maybe by then technology so advanced we don't even need to type on computers.. juz need to think about it n the posting will automatically be made. :cheers1:

but 50 yrs down the road i think i can hardly squint at the screen liao. :o

Geylang OKT
02-08-12, 17:23
Dennis Ng used to fight with many forummers when he was in Shareinvestor.com

I believe it was over what constituted good debt and bad debt.

Just pointing out the facts.

RIP Dennis.

Vincegoh
02-08-12, 17:31
Dennis Ng used to fight with many forummers when he was in Shareinvestor.com

I believe it was over what constituted good debt and bad debt.

Just pointing out the facts.

RIP Dennis.

are you Fatb*stard from SI?

me too used to be one of his key online foes back in 2007-2008... those were the days.

but after knowing him personally as a person in recent years, he's a person who gained my respect (as stated, not from his viewpoint on financial affairs but for his compassion and humanity).

Geylang OKT
02-08-12, 17:34
are you Fatb*stard from SI?

me too used to be one of his key online foes back in 2007-2008... those were the days.

but after knowing him personally as a person in recent years, he's a person who gained my respect (as stated, not from his viewpoint on financial affairs but for his compassion).

Hi Bro, nope :D

I'm not FB. Another forumer Kbl used to be one of his major adversaries too.

I am neither of them and preferred to be in the background just reading their posts :D

Vincegoh
02-08-12, 17:37
Hi Bro, nope :D

I'm not FB. Another forumer Kbl used to be one of his major adversaries too.

I am neither of them and preferred to be in the background just reading their posts :D

haha ok.. i shall not reveal my SI nick then.. else u will know who i am. :p

Geylang OKT
02-08-12, 17:39
haha ok.. i shall not reveal my SI nick then.. else u will know who i am. :p

Hahahaha.... are you still in SI? :D

Vincegoh
02-08-12, 17:49
Hahahaha.... are you still in SI? :D

nah, long time stopped liao after michael retired from administration. most of the lao jiaos left so no pt for me to stay also.

Geylang OKT
02-08-12, 17:55
nah, long time stopped liao after michael retired from administration. most of the lao jiaos left so no pt for me to stay also.

Hahahaha..... re Oldman's widely publicised stock picks some years back.... I am still waiting for PM Data to cheong up :o

Vincegoh
02-08-12, 18:10
Hahahaha..... re Oldman's widely publicised stock picks some years back.... I am still waiting for PM Data to cheong up :o
Lol I bought and sold that a couple yrs back. Made teeny profits nia. Waste time actually.

Gd luck hope can huat for u!!