PDA

View Full Version : Progressive payment for Under Constructing development

yowetan
22-07-12, 13:52
Hi all. May I know how is the current Progressive Payment works and behaves for U/C projects and developments?

Is it the mechanism of PP process that encourages Singaporean to get new developments to re-sales/TOP completed projects instead?

Please advise and enlighten me. TIA.

Laguna
22-07-12, 14:03
Hi all. May I know how is the current Progressive Payment works and behaves for U/C projects and developments?

Is it the mechanism of PP process that encourages Singaporean to get new developments to re-sales/TOP completed projects instead?

u hv visited FV showflat and still come and ask about the progress payment.
This shows what sort of ppl ur

yowetan
22-07-12, 14:05
u hv visited FV showflat and still come and ask about the progress payment.
This shows what sort of ppl ur

The agent did explained, however I think he is also unsure as my case can be 60% LTV or 80/90% LTV. The explanation is pretty confusing.

Thus, I like to seek a clearer understanding through here.

Arcachon
22-07-12, 14:15

I have a choice of PC sold by developer and PC completed in 2011. Decided to get a new PC instead, the reason are.
1. The capital gain are minimum and for 99 years lease hold the number of years since TOP is your lost if you buy. e.g. a PC which is 10 years since TOP the lost will be the rental income for the 10 years or you enjoyment on the unit if for self stay.
2. The condition of the market. The market was due for correction and if buy a completed PC then when the correction is too huge cut lost is not easy, if buy from developer can cut lost or wait for the market to recover.
3. The money you pay need to generate positive income else buy new PC for capital appreciation.

yowetan
22-07-12, 14:19
I have a choice of PC sold by developer and PC completed in 2011. Decided to get a new PC instead, the reason are.
1. The capital gain are minimum and for 99 years lease hold the number of years since TOP is your lost if you buy. e.g. a PC which is 10 years since TOP the lost will be the rental income for the 10 years or you enjoyment on the unit if for self stay.
2. The condition of the market. The market was due for correction and if buy a completed PC then when the correction is too huge cut lost is not easy, if buy from developer can cut lost or wait for the market to recover.
3. The money you pay need to generate positive income else buy new PC for capital appreciation.

Hi. Thanks for the input.

Do you by any chance knows how's today progressive payment mode works?

ikan bilis
22-07-12, 14:19
http://www.ura.gov.sg/lad/HBG/progressPayments.htm

yowetan
22-07-12, 14:23
http://www.ura.gov.sg/lad/HBG/progressPayments.htm

Hello.Many thanks for clearing my doubts.

So, this is a legal payment mode as of now.

I like the table showing the level of payments. No wonder new launch projects are so welcoming.

One question - when the foundation work payment be receivable? Usually the agents would comment 6 to 9 months, but with reference to which date?

ikan bilis
22-07-12, 14:34
ask developer, only developer knows work progress... architect/bca will certify the foundation done (or any other stages) and you pay accordingly....

if your developer run road or collapses after collecting your 20%.... then forever you no need to pay for next 10% foundation work done lor.... haha...

buttercarp
22-07-12, 22:32
ask developer, only developer knows work progress... architect/bca will certify the foundation done (or any other stages) and you pay accordingly....

if your developer run road or collapses after collecting your 20%.... then forever you no need to pay for next 10% foundation work done lor.... haha...

I don't think this has ever happened in Singapore?
Mine has not asked for the first 10% yet:scared-3: .
It has been one year since I placed my down payment.

Beebot
22-07-12, 23:17

Which condo is that?

Astronotus oscellatus
22-07-12, 23:17
Very slow.
I have paid nearly 30% within one yr of signing option...TOP targetted for 2015...

samuelk
23-07-12, 08:15
you should be more worried about build quailty then the payment for pabilion park instead.

buttercarp
23-07-12, 09:23
Which condo is that?

It is Pavilion Park inter terrace.

you should be more worried about build quailty then the payment for pabilion park instead.

So what you mean is that I don't need to worry about the delay :) ?
But the delay in payment should not affect the build quality, right?

yowetan
23-07-12, 10:55

Hi all... This is to say the progressive payment schedule is random and unpredictable? It is something which we cannot plan ahead and it varies among the developers and constructors?

Is there any general guideline/min. period that the payment schedule should obliged?

mshlin
23-07-12, 12:04
I was called for the 10% payment for foundation completion, only after 1 year I signed the contract.

Hello.Many thanks for clearing my doubts.

So, this is a legal payment mode as of now.

I like the table showing the level of payments. No wonder new launch projects are so welcoming.

One question - when the foundation work payment be receivable? Usually the agents would comment 6 to 9 months, but with reference to which date?

Vincegoh
23-07-12, 12:32
Hi all... This is to say the progressive payment schedule is random and unpredictable? It is something which we cannot plan ahead and it varies among the developers and constructors?

Is there any general guideline/min. period that the payment schedule should obliged?

u worried about the interest for your loan? :confused: before u exercise your option u will already have the bank loan to cover wad.. so why u so gan jeong about the payment disbursements?

anyway, as long as the completion is before legal TOP, the developer can pace the building of the project as per their comfort zone. so there's certainly no fixed dates for when certain phases need to be completed.

yowetan
23-07-12, 13:58
u worried about the interest for your loan? :confused: before u exercise your option u will already have the bank loan to cover wad.. so why u so gan jeong about the payment disbursements?

anyway, as long as the completion is before legal TOP, the developer can pace the building of the project as per their comfort zone. so there's certainly no fixed dates for when certain phases need to be completed.

The main reason for asking is I will surely love to reduce my loan load from 90% to the original 60% sipulated by government. If I am aware and fully control of the payment schedule, I will able to figure out ways to squeeze the remaining 20-30% adjoining to the progressive payment schedule.

Vincegoh
23-07-12, 14:05
The main reason for asking is I will surely love to reduce my loan load from 90% to the original 60% sipulated by government. If I am aware and fully control of the payment schedule, I will able to figure out ways to squeeze the remaining 20-30% adjoining to the progressive payment schedule.

for a 1.3mil ppty, you will need to squeeze out an additional 400k in separate tranches over a period of less than 3 years. wow i'm impressed.

yowetan
23-07-12, 14:11
for a 1.3mil ppty, you will need to squeeze out an additional 400k in separate tranches over a period of less than 3 years. wow i'm impressed.

Based on your forecasted figure, it is achievable within 3 years, total of 36 months with average figure of 10kSGD.

Based on my parents and in-law HDBs, we are able to deliver a secured disposal rental income of 7000SGD +/- every month, and with extra secured part-time job of additional 1000 SGD.

This figure is based on the assumption of without touching our current household base income of 7000SGD+.

It is achievable.

East Lover
23-07-12, 14:23
Based on your forecasted figure, it is achievable within 3 years, total of 36 months with average figure of 10kSGD.

Based on my parents and in-law HDBs, we are able to deliver a secured disposal rental income of 7000SGD +/- every month, and with extra secured part-time job of additional 1000 SGD.

This figure is based on the assumption of without touching our current household base income of 7000SGD+.

It is achievable.
which project have you finally selected? FV?

yowetan
23-07-12, 14:24
which project have you finally selected? FV?

Hi. Nothing at the moment.

I am still searching hard for Mt Sinai area.

Vincegoh
23-07-12, 14:29

It is achievable.

no need pay taxes meh? your parents and parents in law all have full time jobs right?

are all of them staying with u currently at your tiong bahru flat? :confused:

yowetan
23-07-12, 14:30
no need pay taxes meh? your parents and parents in law all have full time jobs right?

are all of them staying with u currently at your tiong bahru flat? :confused:

They are all retired and beyond 55 years old. I am claiming full tax rebates from the government since they all staying with me.

My wife is working and we are claiming baby and parenthood rebates etc.

ikan bilis
23-07-12, 15:07
bro yowetan....

have you ever analyse why yourself keep having that big "urge" to upgrade to condo (some more mid-range condo) ??...

i got 2x tenants and my condo's previous owner all downgraded to hdb and keep $$ proceed shiok shiok... and all of them are staying in big hdb-ea now...

what's wrong with staying in hdb ah ??... 80% of population are in hdb...

focus
23-07-12, 15:19
They are all retired and beyond 55 years old. I am claiming full tax rebates from the government since they all staying with me.

My wife is working and we are claiming baby and parenthood rebates etc.

It's time you consider mobilizing the two fathers (ur one and in-law) to share a rental taxi. One take night shift, one take day shift, you take graveyard shift.
Make sure car is running almost 24hrs daily to make your daily taxi rental worth it.

This one is optional since I believe the taxi income will be ALOT! But just a suggestion, the two mothers (ur one and in-law) will have to go Mustafa or some supermarket become cashiers.

For the kids, those that can start working, ask them go Macdonalds.

I'm sure you can get your dream house! :)

yowetan
23-07-12, 16:12
bro yowetan....

have you ever analyse why yourself keep having that big "urge" to upgrade to condo (some more mid-range condo) ??...

i got 2x tenants and my condo's previous owner all downgraded to hdb and keep $$ proceed shiok shiok... and all of them are staying in big hdb-ea now...

what's wrong with staying in hdb ah ??... 80% of population are in hdb...

I am seeing to get one to weather the eroding value of Singapore dollars and to the benefits of my children in future.

As mentioned, different people different perspective different valuation of situation. I feel staying in Mt Sinai nearing to Henry Park primary is tranquil way of living. Again, this is personal choice and preference.

yowetan
23-07-12, 16:14
It's time you consider mobilizing the two fathers (ur one and in-law) to share a rental taxi. One take night shift, one take day shift, you take graveyard shift.
Make sure car is running almost 24hrs daily to make your daily taxi rental worth it.

This one is optional since I believe the taxi income will be ALOT! But just a suggestion, the two mothers (ur one and in-law) will have to go Mustafa or some supermarket become cashiers.

For the kids, those that can start working, ask them go Macdonalds.

I'm sure you can get your dream house! :)

My part time taxi driving experience is more than enough; the liability of being a taxi owner is huge and certainly not worth the effort.

My father(s) will be helping out in taking care of the kids.

Kids will have to stay focus and grow well as I am preparing them for Henry Park primary.

ikan bilis
23-07-12, 18:58
I am seeing to get one to weather the eroding value of Singapore dollars and to the benefits of my children in future.

As mentioned, different people different perspective different valuation of situation. I feel staying in Mt Sinai nearing to Henry Park primary is tranquil way of living. Again, this is personal choice and preference.

alamak !!... don't just let your brain keep stay-tuned to your immediately need, satisfaction, or what people said is correct...

try thinking a few layers deeper lah.... for e.g.,...
- any pressurised by peers, wife, relative ??..
- this forum telling you too many nice stories ?? painting you all the colorful pictures ??..
- greedy for easy $$ from property market ??...
- too much 人比人 , e.g. keep comparing yourself and others on achievement ??...

and etc & etc... all the possible reasons that giving you that big "urge" to upgrade to condo...

eng81157
23-07-12, 21:15
alamak !!... don't just let your brain keep stay-tuned to your immediately need, satisfaction, or what people said is correct...

try thinking a few layers deeper lah.... for e.g.,...
- any pressurised by peers, wife, relative ??..
- this forum telling you too many nice stories ?? painting you all the colorful pictures ??..
- greedy for easy $$ from property market ??...
- too much 人比人 , e.g. keep comparing yourself and others on achievement ??...

and etc & etc... all the possible reasons that giving you that big "urge" to upgrade to condo...

on the contrary, i believe most forummers, with well intentions, are advising otherwise.

moving to a 3BR (or is it a 2BR) condo and squeeze 3 families - 6 adults and 1 kid is madness

yowetan
23-07-12, 21:19
on the contrary, i believe most forummers, with well intentions, are advising otherwise.

moving to a 3BR (or is it a 2BR) condo and squeeze 3 families - 6 adults and 1 kid is madness

Hi. Our family is 6 adults with 2 kids and a dog.

stiook
23-07-12, 21:41
Alamak... not again.

Vincegoh
23-07-12, 22:16
What dOg do u have?

yowetan
23-07-12, 22:46
What dOg do u have?
Shetland. We have her for years.

buttercarp
24-07-12, 00:01
Shetland. We have her for years.

Wow.... I would love to have a sheltie!
I didn't know u have a dog.
It is not cheap to own one. It is like having another child!

Lilyput
24-07-12, 08:24
Actually sgd is one of the best currencies to have now... It's practically appreciating against all the majors. Combating inflation by going into debt is one thing. Depreciating sgd value is definitely not true. If it's a property for own stay you're already giving up its future income for vanity sake. More prudent to buy jumbo hdb and condo to rent out... Pretty sure with large family size there are appeals out there that'd get you more space.

Lilyput
24-07-12, 08:24
Double posted.

Anyway think the developers usually gives a schedule? Roughly how many months to first payment etc. Mine is 9 months to complete foundation work :-) I am working along the same line of thought as well...The schedule is the best estimate I guess. Developers tend to be overly optimistic right?

samuelk
24-07-12, 08:55
It is Pavilion Park inter terrace.

So what you mean is that I don't need to worry about the delay :) ?
But the delay in payment should not affect the build quality, right?
yes n no. Yes means there maybe labour shortage or contractor too many jobs so moving same group of tired workers around. Then after that chiong n cut corner to complete-.

no means they have not forgotten about you. Sometimes the QS tske their osn time as well. So may not be true what I say above. You free drive by look look see see n if you die die want to have a look, see if there are people around go in talk to them check quality n buy kopi lah. May help you put yr mind at ease

buttercarp
24-07-12, 09:05
yes n no. Yes means there maybe labour shortage or contractor too many jobs so moving same group of tired workers around. Then after that chiong n cut corner to complete-.

no means they have not forgotten about you. Sometimes the QS tske their osn time as well. So may not be true what I say above. You free drive by look look see see n if you die die want to have a look, see if there are people around go in talk to them check quality n buy kopi lah. May help you put yr mind at ease

Thanks for your suggestion.
It is perhaps wishful thinking on my part, as at the site there is a board which reads TOP in May 2013, but developer told me TOP Dec 2014.
So according to the agent, the developer is building both phases together which are both slated to TOP in Dec 2014.

Yes, I have been visiting the site once in 3 months and taking photos for my memorabilia :) .

I am tempted to talk to the workers but then I find it hard to approach them. Perhaps I will get my husband to come along the next time.

yowetan
24-07-12, 09:14
Wow.... I would love to have a sheltie!
I didn't know u have a dog.
It is not cheap to own one. It is like having another child!

This is one of the reason why I wanted to get a landed initially. However, it exceeds my budget.

buttercarp
24-07-12, 09:16
This is one of the reason why I wanted to get a landed initially. However, it exceeds my budget.

LOL.... for me, I am getting a dog in preparation for landed living.
Otherwise I consider a dog an additional expenditure.

ay123
24-07-12, 09:22

aim higher and hoot one now. or regret when die. now yr income increase to 7k rental plus 7k salary. with 14k monthly income you can easily afford a big big landed. better get it done fast before price up again.

zzz1
24-07-12, 11:25
LOL.... for me, I am getting a dog in preparation for landed living.
Otherwise I consider a dog an additional expenditure.
That is a very good reason...:D
Ppl later asked, if, why make u stay/like landed ? Cos I have a dog...lol

eng81157
24-07-12, 11:46

i apologize for underestimating your insanity. 6 adults, 2 kids and a sheltie squeezing into a 2-bedder.

good luck to your asylum style of living:doh:

samuelk
24-07-12, 12:47
Thanks for your suggestion.
It is perhaps wishful thinking on my part, as at the site there is a board which reads TOP in May 2013, but developer told me TOP Dec 2014.
So according to the agent, the developer is building both phases together which are both slated to TOP in Dec 2014.

Yes, I have been visiting the site once in 3 months and taking photos for my memorabilia :) .

I am tempted to talk to the workers but then I find it hard to approach them. Perhaps I will get my husband to come along the next time.
yeah... Probably yr hubby will do a better job. Also ask them if thry canvass on the side as your plsce may neec painters and minor retro fit that cost little to fix but a lot if it is hsndle by yr contractor

buttercarp
24-07-12, 13:37
yeah... Probably yr hubby will do a better job. Also ask them if thry canvass on the side as your plsce may neec painters and minor retro fit that cost little to fix but a lot if it is hsndle by yr contractor

You mean ask the workers there to do the minor works after I get the keys?
Ok... thanks that's a good idea.
But may I know what type of painting and minor works are you referring to?

princess_morbucks
24-07-12, 13:46

OMG..... you have space in the house for a dog!
What other pets do you have?

samuelk
24-07-12, 13:48
You mean ask the workers there to do the minor works after I get the keys?
Ok... thanks that's a good idea.
But may I know what type of painting and minor works are you referring to?
if you buying to stay, the first coat rather crappy. But I wouldn't tell that to the workers for fear it gets worst.

you probably be doing some minor reno like build in wall feature n touch up of rear backyard tiling up. They most likely know how to get it cheaper n cost that to you.

interior works will be the paint n they are after all in this job, it'd like doing ot but at a higher rate.

unless you are talking about wall paper then you save one part of the wall unpainted.

buttercarp
24-07-12, 13:53
if you buying to stay, the first coat rather crappy. But I wouldn't tell that to the workers for fear it gets worst.

you probably be doing some minor reno like build in wall feature n touch up of rear backyard tiling up. They most likely know how to get it cheaper n cost that to you.

interior works will be the paint n they are after all in this job, it'd like doing ot but at a higher rate.

unless you are talking about wall paper then you save one part of the wall unpainted.

That is interesting..... wow. Good idea!
I approach the supervisor? or the foreign workers?

pengful
24-07-12, 14:16
yowetan, it is always interesting to reply to your threads.

Progressive payment works in the same manner the bank disburses the payments to the developers at various stages of the construction. At the same time, the bank asks you for money and this amount is added to your loan quantum. However, since you are looking at Mt Sinai and I would guess that you are looking at completed projects, this will mean nothing to you. Furthermore, since bank disbursement to developers are fixed, based on the initial loan you have taken up, there is nothing that you can do to "squeeze" any benefit from trying to beat the progressive payment schedule.

Good luck.

howgozit
24-07-12, 16:03
IMHO,

it is better to find your own contractor... after TOP these workers will be scooted off to another project elsewhere by the main contractor, those that will be left behind are the skeleton crew to attend to defect rectification for the warranty period.

They won't be so dedicated to your unit and you cannot legally deal with them since you are technically contracting them on the sly. How much can you save? might as well get a reliable recommendation for a good contractor to carry out the jobs for you and they are answerable to you directly.

ay123
24-07-12, 16:45

Progressive payment works in the same manner the bank disburses the payments to the developers at various stages of the construction. At the same time, the bank asks you for money and this amount is added to your loan quantum. However, since you are looking at Mt Sinai and I would guess that you are looking at completed projects, this will mean nothing to you. Furthermore, since bank disbursement to developers are fixed, based on the initial loan you have taken up, there is nothing that you can do to "squeeze" any benefit from trying to beat the progressive payment schedule.

Good luck.

he works in bank should know how the bank function. he is also aiming to get 90% funding becos he is a "banker" status. on the other hand yowetan is a very "filial" guy. can you imagine he can get his parents, parent-in-law to stay together. if possible he will also want his grandparent and grandparent-in-law to squeeze too......provided they have rental income :D

howgozit
24-07-12, 17:10
I think Yowetan's story is too far fetched to be believed.

6 adults, 2 kids and 1 Shetland?... that's a sheepdog... a wooly furry dog (that is not exactly small) all squeezed into a HDB?

Anybody who wants to know how progress payment works can easily ask any agent at any showflat... last person that needs to ask is a person that works in a bank (that also drives a taxi on weekends)

... while I believe Yowetan is really looking for a place, his circumstances are much better than he decribes it to be... he must be chuckling as he adds more of these layers to his persona... I wonder what will he think of next...

There is a Chinese saying that says something like "act like pig to eat tigers"

East Lover
24-07-12, 17:25
he works in bank should know how the bank function. he is also aiming to get 90% funding becos he is a "banker" status. on the other hand yowetan is a very "filial" guy. can you imagine he can get his parents, parent-in-law to stay together. if possible he will also want his grandparent and grandparent-in-law to squeeze too......provided they have rental income :D
I like it! :rolleyes:

yowetan
24-07-12, 17:27

Good luck.

Hi. Thanks for providing a clear, concise and sincere reply to my query.

Yes, I am watchful on the FEO project in Mt Sinai - Henry Park apartments which have enbloc by FEO. If it really happens within this year or next, I may have an opportunity to exercise this progressive mode.

By then, my savings and disposal amount would have attain an ample level for the initial 5% booking fees.

East Lover
24-07-12, 17:28

6 adults, 2 kids and 1 Shetland?... that's a sheepdog... a wooly furry dog (that is not exactly small) all squeezed into a HDB?

Anybody who wants to know how progress payment works can easily ask any agent at any showflat... last person that needs to ask is a person that works in a bank (that also drives a taxi on weekends)

... while I believe Yowetan is really looking for a place, his circumstances are much better than he decribes it to be... he must be chuckling as he adds more of these layers to his persona... I wonder what will he think of next...

他不但扮猪吃老虎,还把大家逗得团团转。人才啊!

yowetan
24-07-12, 17:29

Hi. Our (myself and wife) grandparents are in Heaven now. If not, I will also rope them in, and add their HDB to my disposal rental income equation as well.

buttercarp
24-07-12, 20:28
IMHO,

it is better to find your own contractor... after TOP these workers will be scooted off to another project elsewhere by the main contractor, those that will be left behind are the skeleton crew to attend to defect rectification for the warranty period.

They won't be so dedicated to your unit and you cannot legally deal with them since you are technically contracting them on the sly. How much can you save? might as well get a reliable recommendation for a good contractor to carry out the jobs for you and they are answerable to you directly.

Yup.... You r rite.
How much can I save, that's the question.
I think better not be penny wise pound foolish.
I was thinking of the condo setting where I call the condo technician to small fix things like tap etc..... Forgot that in future is landed.
There are do many things I need to learn.

Looks like landed living can be a culture shock for me.

howgozit
24-07-12, 21:01
See what I mean?
Hi. Our (myself and wife) grandparents are in Heaven now. If not, I will also rope them in, and add their HDB to my disposal rental income equation as well.

gfoo
24-07-12, 21:19

8 pax to farm out as part-timers at night! Dog can sell for stew. sure can afford now!

jonathann80
24-07-12, 21:27

how about brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties? can they also rent out their house and contribute to your household income too?

That may also help.

yowetan
24-07-12, 21:31
how about brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties? can they also rent out their house and contribute to your household income too?

That may also help.

Hi. I am the only son. My wife's elder brother is bunking with us and his income is around 1.5k. I have requested him to help out with the utilities bill.

jonathann80
24-07-12, 21:34
Hi. I am the only son. My wife's elder brother is bunking with us and his income is around 1.5k. I have requested him to help out with the utilities bill.

if you actually rope in your parents' brothers and sisters, i believe you all can live in a landed in quick time.

yowetan
24-07-12, 21:40
if you actually rope in your parents' brothers and sisters, i believe you all can live in a landed in quick time.

They have their respective commitments and liabilities.

I am responsible for my parents and in-laws.

Estella83
24-07-12, 23:18
U mentioned your wife is the only child in your previous post. :sleep:

hopeful
24-07-12, 23:31
U mentioned your wife is the only child in your previous post. :sleep:

wife's elder brother is wife's sworn brother, thus wife is still the only child.

Laguna
24-07-12, 23:45
wife's elder brother is wife's sworn brother, thus wife is still the only child.
Look like this is the main reason u married her, to take over her parents' wealth and also make them as your slave。

samuelk
25-07-12, 08:23
normally the worksite has a sipervisor. But sometimes he takes a cut as well.

what I did was during the course of moving in, some workers would ssk if you have any additional work you need.

my response is what kind of work do you do.

I then check with the superisor on other engagement that the worker have n how long have they been with the company.

if there are contiuation of work at the site for the next 2 years n the worker are pretty much tie in to the company you can play it by ear n see how fast the job can be done. Pay or provide for the material. Then pay base on progress of the place if for example painting. First coat done, pay 20% of agreed amount n so on and if after 2nd week everything in order as well as quality , pay another 5%. That way you still have control. Else you can terminate as it pure labour cost n material is still within what you wanted. Move on with a vontractor if it does not pan out. Savings about 1k. If you want peace of mind then pay for the contractor. Then again, that does not gtd quality work.

buttercarp
25-07-12, 08:48
8 pax to farm out as part-timers at night! Dog can sell for stew. sure can afford now!

How can you eat the dog!
Maybe put up for adoption if he really needs the money and free himself from the extra expenditure.

yowetan
25-07-12, 08:58

Hi. He is indeed my wife's brother. Adopted sibling from my in-laws. Hence, technically speaking my wife is the only child as the asset etc still belongs to my wife entirely.

buttercarp
25-07-12, 09:16
Hi. He is indeed my wife's brother. Adopted sibling from my in-laws. Hence, technically speaking my wife is the only child as the asset etc still belongs to my wife entirely.

Nope....no guarantee.
Depends on whether your in laws adopted him legally or not.
Also depends on whether your in laws have a will.

yowetan
25-07-12, 10:28
Nope....no guarantee.
Depends on whether your in laws adopted him legally or not.
Also depends on whether your in laws have a will.

Hi. Thanks for highlighting this. I am unsure if the adoptation is legal or not.

Being said, if the parents have not start a will, but have made a nomination will that be suffice in court to prove my wife is the sole person to have the exclusive rights to the inheritance of the assets and CPFs?

buttercarp
25-07-12, 10:42
Hi. Thanks for highlighting this. I am unsure if the adoptation is legal or not.

Being said, if the parents have not start a will, but have made a nomination will that be suffice in court to prove my wife is the sole person to have the exclusive rights to the inheritance of the assets and CPFs?

CPF is CPF... must make nomination.
Belongings other than CPF will be governed by the will.

yowetan
25-07-12, 11:10
CPF is CPF... must make nomination.
Belongings other than CPF will be governed by the will.

What if there is no will? For example, the HDBs and the parent's personal assets and belonging(s)?

Estella83
25-07-12, 11:15
You never take M9 papers:sleep:

buttercarp
25-07-12, 11:32
What if there is no will? For example, the HDBs and the parent's personal assets and belonging(s)?

Hey.... how come you dunno?
I tot you work in bank, you should know all these?

zzz1
25-07-12, 11:37
if adopted legally, in the eye of the law shares the same right as the natural birth sibling.
don hope too much....

yowetan
25-07-12, 11:38

It will be good if you share the information here. This thread will be read by many people.

Yes, I am kinda aware of what will happen if will is not set up instead a nomination.

It is always good to have unbiased view(s) in the thread.

zzz1
25-07-12, 11:44
we are seeing in-consistence part and pcs of the details now...
but any way...no body will tell the whole truth in forum...

take it with entertainment and amusement while skiving during work is stress relieving...

hopeful
25-07-12, 11:44
technically speaking your wife is the only biological child.
if your wife's brother has been adopted legally, then technically speaking, he is your PIL's child, entitled to inheritance.

proceeds from your PIL HDB will be split between your wife and her adopted brother is no will have been made by PIL.
so quickly ask your PIL to make a will to leave everything to your wife.

buttercarp
25-07-12, 11:50
if your wife's brother has been adopted legally, then technically speaking, he is your PIL's child, entitled to inheritance.

proceeds from your PIL HDB will be split between your wife and her adopted brother is no will have been made by PIL.

You are assuming both PIL go together.
If one goes first, then without will, the estate will be distributed 50% to spouse, then to legal children in equal portions.

yowetan
25-07-12, 12:52

Hi. Thanks for clarifying this.

So, will is a must to avoid such circumstances then. It is informative and good to have view(s) and discussion(s) since it just pops up along in the thread.

Vincegoh
25-07-12, 17:26
Hi. Thanks for clarifying this.

So, will is a must to avoid such circumstances then. It is informative and good to have view(s) and discussion(s) since it just pops up along in the thread.

adopted child is also a child. why deny him the right to inheritance if he supported his parents and is filial? :tsk-tsk: :simmering:

yowetan
25-07-12, 19:38
adopted child is also a child. why deny him the right to inheritance if he supported his parents and is filial? :tsk-tsk: :simmering:

Hi. I am just seeking for clarification and made a generalized statement. I am sorry if it mislead you.

ysyap
25-07-12, 19:45
If he's only earning 1.5k/mth, I think he might need the inheritance more than you if he is currently married with kids or going to marry and have kids. :cheers1: Having said that, its not respectful to your PIL to keep dwelling on this from your perspective. Leave it to your PIL to decide lor. :)

Trapping-bird
25-07-12, 23:26
Hi. I am just seeking for clarification and made a generalized statement. I am sorry if it mislead you.

Aiming pil Hdb , their cpf just to fulfill your own dreams are totally selfish.

Trapping-bird
25-07-12, 23:28

People making use of parents and in law will never make it big. Even if they do, it won't last long.

Laguna
26-07-12, 11:07
If he's only earning 1.5k/mth, I think he might need the inheritance more than you if he is currently married with kids or going to marry and have kids. :cheers1: Having said that, its not respectful to your PIL to keep dwelling on this from your perspective. Leave it to your PIL to decide lor. :)

As far he is concerned, do u think he will respect them when come to money?

jonathann80
26-07-12, 21:42
worse than those honey trapper from Batam

westman
26-07-12, 22:00
we are seeing in-consistence part and pcs of the details now...
but any way...no body will tell the whole truth in forum...

take it with entertainment and amusement while skiving during work is stress relieving...

Haha... True...

Initially, troll + wife + Parents (4 ppls)
After a while, troll + wife + baby + parents + pils (7 ppls)
One two days ago, troll + wife + baby + parents + pils + 2 dogs (7pples + 2 pets)
Today, troll + wife + baby + parents + pils + BIL + 2 dogs (8 ppls + 2 dogs)
Tomorrow, + grandparents + aunties + uncles + xiao qiang, gold fish, etc...

Very soon one whole village to live under one 3 brs...

Estella83
27-07-12, 00:40
Haha... True...

One two days ago, troll + wife + baby + parents + pils + 2 dogs (7pples + 2 pets)

Erm.. Should be babies

buttercarp
27-07-12, 09:06
Haha... True...

Erm.... I tot he oni have 1 dog?
Now become 2 dogs, izzit the dog give birth?

Btw.... got addition, later may have subtraction too.

insigina
27-07-12, 10:35

With so many people and dog/s...sometimes can lose count hor:)

howgozit
27-07-12, 10:48

Yowetan is a troll lah.... he is just having a bit of a fun with forummers with his outlandish suggestions. He re-invents his story to keep up with the numbers he is spewing.

So no need to get worked up or upset with the things he is writing. Like I have said before... they are too far-fetched to be true..

yowetan
27-07-12, 10:54

Hi buttercarp. My family consists of my parents, my in-laws, wife, infant boys (02 persons) and my wife's brother. We also have a dog only.

This is our family establishment. I am equally confuse when people commented otherwise.

Vincegoh
27-07-12, 10:57
Hi buttercarp. My family consists of my parents, my in-laws, wife, infant boys (02 persons) and my wife's brother. We also have a dog only.

This is our family establishment. I am equally confuse when people commented otherwise.

honestly speaking, you change your family establishment too often. beggars belief.

yowetan
27-07-12, 11:02
honestly speaking, you change your family establishment too often. beggars belief.

Did I? I did not change though I do add a dog and a brother as the discussion evolves. When discussion extended, there bound to have more information. However it is certainly not contradicting.

buttercarp
27-07-12, 11:02

Thanks for clarifying.
Btw.... infants are children less than 1 year old.

I tot you have one older child and an infant?
Or is it you have 2 infants now, ie twins?

yowetan
27-07-12, 11:11
Thanks for clarifying.
Btw.... infants are children less than 1 year old.

I tot you have one older child and an infant?
Or is it you have 2 infants now, ie twins?

Oh Yes, thanks for correcting my mistakes.

When I start sharing, my elder son was around 11-12 months old. My elder son is currently 14 months old reaching 15 months. He was born in May 2011. My younger son was born in June and he is around 1 month + close to 2 month old. Being said, I still regard both of them as infant kids. I tend to permutate the word between child, children, kids, and even infant kids.

Hence, I apologize for the confusing part. The reality is I have two lovely sons and I am intending to put them into Henry Park Primary if possible.

buttercarp
27-07-12, 11:29

When I start sharing, my elder son was around 11-12 months old. My elder son is currently 14 months old reaching 15 months. He was born in May 2011. My younger son was born in June and he is around 1 month + close to 2 month old. Being said, I still regard both of them as infant kids. I tend to permutate the word between child, children, kids, and even infant kids.

Hence, I apologize for the confusing part. The reality is I have two lovely sons and I am intending to put them into Henry Park Primary if possible.

Yes..... they are both at a cute and tender age and it can be quite a waste if you can't afford the time with them as you are holding 2 jobs now.

Can I make a bold suggestion which can be quite unfilial to some......
Live apart from your parents and PIL.
Buy a small condo within your means eg 2+1 BR get a maid to look after your boys and the dog.
In that way you can work less and spend more time with your family.

yowetan
27-07-12, 11:35
Yes..... they are both at a cute and tender age and it can be quite a waste if you can't afford the time with them as you are holding 2 jobs now.

Can I make a bold suggestion which can be quite unfilial to some......
Live apart from your parents and PIL.
Buy a small condo within your means eg 2+1 BR get a maid to look after your boys and the dog.
In that way you can work less and spend more time with your family.

I do consider that, however my parents and in-laws love to be with their grandchildren. This is why we decided to have the second one, as they are actually "fighting" over one. Now they are diverted and have each grandchild to look after.

Adding to that, I am still pin my hope in Mt Sinai or Opera estate.

buttercarp
27-07-12, 11:42
I do consider that, however my parents and in-laws love to be with their grandchildren. This is why we decided to have the second one, as they are actually "fighting" over one. Now they are diverted and have each grandchild to look after.

Adding to that, I am still pin my hope in Mt Sinai or Opera estate.

Hey... then another bold suggestion......
Get your parents and PIL to baby sit your kids at their home.
You be a weekend parent.
Buy a small unit in FV.

yowetan
27-07-12, 11:56
Hey... then another bold suggestion......
Get your parents and PIL to baby sit your kids at their home.
You be a weekend parent.
Buy a small unit in FV.

Yes, I will have enough budget for Flamingo Valley smaller units. However it is near to the cemetery? I will discuss with my wife.

Estella83
27-07-12, 13:25
I thought bank back office operation very busy one. Most of the time need to OT to 10pm, why are you so free? They don't even have time for lunch. :sleep:

carbuncle
27-07-12, 13:57
I thought bank back office operation very busy one. Most of the time need to OT to 10pm, why are you so free? They don't even have time for lunch. :sleep:

mayB its Barclays

ay123
27-07-12, 14:03

GO FOR IT bro......this is the very very basic thing that you as a father should do for your child at any cost. despite ppl calling you unfillial, no pride, useless man talking big......you should take up yr responsibility as a good father to get your child into henry park school. if you cant even contribute such tiny thing to your own child, you should be ashame of yrself.
so stop asking for opinion. GO FOR IT!!!! grab yr chequebook and sign the dotted line.....or u fail as a father!!!! support u all the way!!! :D yr child will be very proud to have such a loving father

yowetan
27-07-12, 15:25

I am in consumer market, though it is busy I am effective and efficient. I do not OT most of the time, I will try to leave by 6pm.

Vincegoh
27-07-12, 16:20
I am in consumer market, though it is busy I am effective and efficient. I do not OT most of the time, I will try to leave by 6pm.

how come u got by passed for promotion if you are so good? :confused:

Estella83
27-07-12, 16:35
Bcos the rest leave at 5 pm, more efficient? :confused:

yowetan
27-07-12, 17:15

I am probably bypass because the rest are willing to go extra-mile to earn recongition and visibility while earning the taxi-claim working after 8pm.

I prefer to go home early and see my kids.

hopeful
27-07-12, 17:27
I am probably bypass because the rest are willing to go extra-mile to earn recongition and visibility while earning the taxi-claim working after 8pm.

but now you drive taxi, so how to see your kids?

so u think you can earn money part-time taxi driver rather than spend more time in office and be promoted?

Laguna
27-07-12, 18:00
If ur effective and efficient,
why ur pay is so low?
U dun do OT becos u do moonlighting

buttercarp
27-07-12, 18:27
but now you drive taxi, so how to see your kids?

so u think you can earn money part-time taxi driver rather than spend more time in office and be promoted?

Ya hor..... yowetan would be better off working later in his office than driving taxi after work.
How much can he earn as a part time taxi driver?
Perhaps he should be more willing to do more work at his bank and stand a higher chance of promotion instead.

limfc
27-07-12, 20:53
a senior colleague told me recently:
"work smarter, work harder when you're young, then when older can enjoy the fruits...and go read 'Never Wrestle with a Pig' when you have time..."

By the way, I am reading the book and the full title is : "Never Wrestle with a Pig and Ninety Other Ideas to Build Your Business and Career - Mark H. McCormack (Author)".

It's quite an interesting book, first advice is "The person who will change your life is not in it now." :D