PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Singapore? Are we getting lawless?

westman
18-07-12, 07:42
We have heard enough juicy comical court hearings all over the world but Sg...

However, the recent two days has been entertaining enough to watch the soap opera right in Singapore involving Ravi and LSS.....If you have been following non-MSM news reporting with insider news... I've never expect Sungapore to be this lawless or righteous (depending which camp you support) right inside the court chamber!

It involve doctor, AGC, LSS, auntie, KJ, judges, lawyers, PM, interpretation of constitution, election etc..

Statement was issued but then retracted, witness detailing what was happened, MSM barely touch on surface without giving much detail

This soap opera very juicy...

故事剧情精彩过无间道!

howgozit
18-07-12, 11:19
More drama than Ch8 TV...

LSS over-reacted, jumped the gun.

But then this Ravi character also one kind.... chasing after inconsequential matters wasting court's time and taxpayer's money... for his own good he should get some help... normal people don't barge into temples or mosques and make troble for no reason.

howgozit
18-07-12, 11:27
deleted--- double post

Regulators
18-07-12, 14:09
Ravi has always been against the death penalty and with the recent changes in the death penalty law against drug offenses, he is making headway in his fight against death penalty. Initially I find the plaintiff a bit bo liao to challenge pm, but if it is a constitutional matter, it needs to be addressed coz there are future elections and by elections to come.
More drama than Ch8 TV...

LSS over-reacted, jumped the gun.

But then this Ravi character also one kind.... chasing after inconsequential matters wasting court's time and taxpayer's money... for his own good he should get some help... normal people don't barge into temples or mosques and make troble for no reason.

howgozit
18-07-12, 14:45
I don't think you can credit the recent death penalty laxation to Ravi.

Challenging the PM is one thing, but going to the temple to stir up trouble for no reason is another matter.

I would think Ravi does need some help

Ravi has always been against the death penalty and with the recent changes in the death penalty law against drug offenses, he is making headway in his fight against death penalty. Initially I find the plaintiff a bit bo liao to challenge pm, but if it is a constitutional matter, it needs to be addressed coz there are future elections and by elections to come.

Regulators
18-07-12, 15:06
So are you saying that woffles is not suited to be a surgeon just because he commits a traffic violation? Which is more serious, killing someone on the road or creating a scene at a temple?
I don't think you can credit the recent death penalty laxation to Ravi.

Challenging the PM is one thing, but going to the temple to stir up trouble for no reason is another matter.

I would think Ravi does need some help

howgozit
18-07-12, 15:41
All I am saying is that Ravi clearly has a psychiatric issue... he has a recorded history of this and his own friends themselves think so too. His outbursts are indicative that this issue is not fully under control.

If he has a cause and something as high profile as what he is doing, it would be more prudent if he seeks some help. He is damaging his own credibility. If you are rooting for him and supporting his cause, you would want him to be more stable wouldn't you?

I don't understand how the Woffles case is similar to this case...

So are you saying that woffles is not suited to be a surgeon just because he commits a traffic violation? Which is more serious, killing someone on the road or creating a scene at a temple?

Regulators
18-07-12, 17:03
I think mental health is sometimes very subjective. Ppl that show their frustration are sometimes more sane than those who do not show. It is not uncommon for ppl to have a delinquent side to them, even ppl high up in society, so one has to segregate.
All I am saying is that Ravi clearly has a psychiatric issue... he has a recorded history of this and his own friends themselves think so too. His outbursts are indicative that this issue is not fully under control.

If he has a cause and something as high profile as what he is doing, it would be more prudent if he seeks some help. He is damaging his own credibility. If you are rooting for him and supporting his cause, you would want him to be more stable wouldn't you?

Regulators
18-07-12, 17:17
Moreover, just to illustrate my point, are you going to say that teachers should never use the f word in their lives and should never curse and swear n basically be an angel otherwise they are not fit to teach? I think just becoz news of somebody's wrongdoing goes public, the public tend to take the moral high ground and judge the person like they are saints. Also to me, smokers are all insane, does that really make them insane to the community of smokers?

westman
18-07-12, 21:29
Relax guys.. Chill...

Make love, no war!:cheers1:

howgozit
18-07-12, 22:28
What a person does in their private lives is none of anybody's business, whether they use the F- word, smoke, engage in extra-marital affairs
or even find prostitutes as long as they do not hurt anybody else in the process. These things are ongoing as we write in this forum. As long as nobody finds out and since most of us are not public figures, why would the media even be interested.

It is common sense that when Ravi decided to take on this case, it is clear he is thrusting himself into the limelight. In fact, that is the intention is it not? To make it high profile to get notice of the public.

If so, then it is very poor judgement of him to create a fracas the way he did because it is almost certain the media will bite onto it and possibly blow it out of proportion.

Unless of course, he couldn't help it... if he couldn't help it, then it is highly possible that he does have a psychiatric problem. The problem must be bad enough for his doctor(of his own choosing) which he went to consult on the advice of his (own) friends to take the drastic action of reporting him to the LSS.

Ravi would be better off if he had controlled his condition a bit better, don't you think? Like take medication...etc. It would make him more credible, better fight his cause, don't you think?

Anyway, you seem very worked up about this... so I apologise if you feel offended, but I think you are allowing your anti-government sentiment to over-ride your logic.

Moreover, just to illustrate my point, are you going to say that teachers should never use the f word in their lives and should never curse and swear n basically be an angel otherwise they are not fit to teach? I think just becoz news of somebody's wrongdoing goes public, the public tend to take the moral high ground and judge the person like they are saints. Also to me, smokers are all insane, does that really make them insane to the community of smokers?

august
18-07-12, 22:53

perverting the course of justice is more dangerous.

Regulators
18-07-12, 23:12
i am not worked up, just airing my views for the sake of discussion. I am definitely not condoning ravi's actions at the temple, but i still think he is a lawyer with a heart and serves as a voice for the minority. In fact a lot of work he does is pro bono, and if he is out for money, he would not have taken up those cases. i don't think singaporeans generally give a shit about constitutional matters and at least i am glad he and the cleaner lady cares, coz if you think about it, it is really something very fundamental. If ravi is really not of a sound mind, i do not think he would in the first place be representing a client in such a complicated area of the law, which is not as clear cut as it seems. There seems to be a reason behind why the media would want to report him in this light and who controls the media?

What a person does in their private lives is none of anybody's business, whether they use the F- word, smoke, engage in extra-marital affairs
or even find prostitutes as long as they do not hurt anybody else in the process. These things are ongoing as we write in this forum. As long as nobody finds out and since most of us are not public figures, why would the media even be interested.

It is common sense that when Ravi decided to take on this case, it is clear he is thrusting himself into the limelight. In fact, that is the intention is it not? To make it high profile to get notice of the public.

If so, then it is very poor judgement of him to create a fracas the way he did because it is almost certain the media will bite onto it and possibly blow it out of proportion.

Unless of course, he couldn't help it... if he couldn't help it, then it is highly possible that he does have a psychiatric problem. The problem must be bad enough for his doctor(of his own choosing) which he went to consult on the advice of his (own) friends to take the drastic action of reporting him to the LSS.

Ravi would be better off if he had controlled his condition a bit better, don't you think? Like take medication...etc. It would make him more credible, better fight his cause, don't you think?

Anyway, you seem very worked up about this... so I apologise if you feel offended, but I think you are allowing your anti-government sentiment to over-ride your logic.

Regulators
18-07-12, 23:19
the powers of the pm has to be clearly defined, this is not perverting the course of justice, this is an important aspect of constitutional law governing the pm's powers. no doubt nobody has lost anything to provoke such a case, but ravi and the cleaner are standing at the forefront to define the boundaries of the pm's freedom to act under constitutional law. If you ask me, this is such a fundamental aspect that affects every singaporean that i believe whethr or not a by-election is over, this question still has to be raised.

Regulators
18-07-12, 23:28
hear from the man himself better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJjqxSca8FQ&feature=player_embedded

howgozit
18-07-12, 23:29
I agree with this point of view and Ravi certainly deserves credit for his courage to fight the cause and what he believes in.

I expect that he would be competent in law as any certified lawyer would be. But mental state is another thing. There are many professionals with all kinds of mental disorders in varying degrees of severity... mental illness is just another kind of illness.. just needs to be properly treated to control it.

Btw, do you really think the cleaner lady (on her own) has awareness of constitutional issues? ....Just thinking aloud..

i am not worked up, just airing my views for the sake of discussion. I am definitely not condoning ravi's actions at the temple, but i still think he is a lawyer with a heart and serves as a voice for the minority. In fact a lot of work he does is pro bono, and if he is out for money, he would not have taken up those cases. i don't think singaporeans generally give a shit about constitutional matters and at least i am glad he and the cleaner lady cares, coz if you think about it, it is really something very fundamental. If ravi is really not of a sound mind, i do not think he would in the first place be representing a client in such a complicated area of the law, which is not as clear cut as it seems. There seems to be a reason behind why the media would want to report him in this light and who controls the media?

teddybear
18-07-12, 23:43
Is "persuading" (regardless of whatever ways) somebody (who may happen to be my employee or subordinate) to take the blame for my crime or after I breaking the law and then keeping quiet considered perverting the course of justice?

Usually, after I committed a traffic offence, I will receive a letter from traffic police. I am required to declare whether I am the driver or furnish the information of the person who was driving my car at that time. If I keep quiet, don't return the letter as requested by the traffic police and quietly persuade somebody to to go the traffic police and declare that he is the driver and the traffic police didn't get any signed declaration from me (and they didn't bother as in Wu's case (from what I read since he didn't give any statement to the police)), means I am not perverting the course of justice since I didn't give any under-taking / statement to the traffic police?

Food for thoughts on the above. :p

Regulators
18-07-12, 23:47
understand where you are coming from, but it is not for us to speculate. Just like when we break the law, we can't plead ignorance no matter how complicated the law is, can we? i may be wrong, but i think being in the opposition ward, the people would be well trained in certain aspects of constitutional law that other constituencies tend to take for granted lol

I agree with this point of view and Ravi certainly deserves credit for his courage to fight the cause and what he believes in.

I expect that he would be competent in law as any certified lawyer would be. But mental state is another thing. There are many professionals with all kinds of mental disorders in varying degrees of severity... mental illness is just another kind of illness.. just needs to be properly treated to control it.

Btw, do you really think the cleaner lady (on her own) has awareness of constitutional issues? ....Just thinking aloud..

gfoo
19-07-12, 13:59
wouldn't mind Lawless-ness

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jp2BcZtkRk8/Tjz2rjpOMRI/AAAAAAAAAbg/-2ZxlLWVqOw/s1600/lucy-lawless.jpg

august
19-07-12, 15:53
Is "persuading" (regardless of whatever ways) somebody (who may happen to be my employee or subordinate) to take the blame for my crime or after I breaking the law and then keeping quiet considered perverting the course of justice?

yes it is.

howgozit
19-07-12, 17:20
yes it is.

Ok... I am not defending Woffles but there is more than meets the eye in his case. I am afraid I can't divulge much as it is in the hands of the police.

It has something to do with a criminal case involving a trusted employee embezzling huge sums of money on several occasions from his clinic some years ago.

Remember, this driving incident happened in 2005/6... how would such a charge materialise when the old employee and Woffles himself kept quiet about it

Like I said, there is more than meets the eye in this incident. Don't be too quick to judge or witch hunt.

Btw, the offence was carried out before the penal code tightening in 2008. Prior to 2008, this was a Road Traffic offence rather than a penal offence.

teddybear
19-07-12, 20:39
Prior to 2008, if a person perverts the cause of justice related to a traffic offence, does it mean he also can be fined only?

Why the traffic police didn't find anything strange about car owner not wanting to make any statement and return the form he is supposed to sign and declare who drive the car and then suddenly somebody just jump out to so eagerly announce that he is the culprit driver who committed the traffic offence especially when he happen to be an employee of the person whose rice bowl depend on that person? Did they try to extract any statement after the person blow the whistle to see whether he is willing to tell the truth? Whose fault?

Ok... I am not defending Woffles but there is more than meets the eye in his case. I am afraid I can't divulge much as it is in the hands of the police.

It has something to do with a criminal case involving a trusted employee embezzling huge sums of money on several occasions from his clinic some years ago.

Remember, this driving incident happened in 2005/6... how would such a charge materialise when the old employee and Woffles himself kept quiet about it

Like I said, there is more than meets the eye in this incident. Don't be too quick to judge or witch hunt.

Btw, the offence was carried out before the penal code tightening in 2008. Prior to 2008, this was a Road Traffic offence rather than a penal offence.

maisonjai
19-07-12, 22:53
http://justwoman.asiaone.com/print/Just%2BWoman/News/Women%2BIn%2BThe%2BNews/Story/A1Story20080917-88285.html (http://justwoman.asiaone.com/print/Just%2BWoman/News/Women%2BIn%2BThe%2BNews/Story/A1Story20080917-88285.html)

'Woffles is always, to some, eccentric. But to me, he is just different,' she says. 'He is so full of energy that you feel you are constantly being challenged. Actually, I kind of like challenges.'

Was it intimidating marrying a former Tatler's Most Eligible Bachelor, whose relatives include the late President Ong Teng Cheong and Ms Tina Tan-Leo, owner of high-end boutique The Link?

She worked as the press secretary for the then-Minister for Health George Yeo, and at Singapore General Hospital and the National Medical Research Council before joining A*Star in 2003.

Has she ever regretted not doing clinical work?

'No. What I do is rewarding as you really have an impact on health care in the country. On top of it, you have better working hours,' she says.

Law Minister explains Woffles Wu sentencing
Jun 17, 2012

......As for why it took six years for Dr Wu to be prosecuted, Mr Shanmugam said the police were unaware of the offences at that time.

成功的男人背后都有一个女人 ....wah my chinese improving. haha

Regulators
20-07-12, 14:53
A pastor got two weeks jail term just for breaching the 3/4 tank rule and woffles got away with $1000 for getting someone to take the rap for a traffic offence. Which is more serious, the 3/4 tank rule or impeding the course of justice by getting someone to take the rap?

gn108
20-07-12, 15:13
Woffles is no Paster ...and with Kong Hee...pasters are the hunted.
Comestic surgeons are still worshipped esp with by the public-facing segements of society...

A pastor got two weeks jail term just for breaching the 3/4 tank rule and woffles got away with $1000 for getting someone to take the rap for a traffic offence. Which is more serious, the 3/4 tank rule or impeding the course of justice by getting someone to take the rap?

Regulators
20-07-12, 15:49
we are talking about offense and punishment, not occupation.

Woffles is no Paster ...and with Kong Hee...pasters are the hunted.
Comestic surgeons are still worshipped esp with by the public-facing segements of society...

hopeful
20-07-12, 16:14
3/4 tank rule more serious la.
government losing tax revenue from oil companies.

because no matter who drive, still kena sentence and fined. whether person A or person B kena fined and/or jailed, doesnt matter as long as govt earn money from the offence committed.

And why do you say impede he impede the course of justice.
didnt you know that the old man take the keys without permission?
just like this case
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1203584/unlicenced_driver_jailed.html
"At 1am on Dec 6, See, his friend Sow Zhi Hao, 23, and Mr Heng had met in the void deck of See’s block in Tampines Street 11 for alcoholic drinks and to chat. Mr Heng drove there in the car.

About 31/2 hours later, he felt that he had had too much to drink and decided against driving. He left the void deck with his wallet and house keys but accidentally left the key to the car in a bag, which was how See came to have it."

so you see, that's how old man can have the keys to the car.
too bad woffles story break out first before this, if not, can use this story. how come AG and woffles have no imagination?

if woffles jailed, government lose a lot of income tax and more importantly the elite have to wait long long for their plastic surgery.
if old man kena jailed, government lose very little income tax.

gn108
20-07-12, 16:23
Bro, you get it ...

if woffles jailed, government lose a lot of income tax and more importantly the elite have to wait long long for their plastic surgery.

gn108
20-07-12, 16:28
I wasn't talking of occupation ...more of status.

High status can committ offence but punishment is limited to fine (which you can afford). Reason: As a business owner, you are more valuable to society.

So why talk abt offence and punishment? Wrong tree...

we are talking about offense and punishment, not occupation.

hopeful
20-07-12, 16:37

High status can committ offence but punishment is limited to fine (which you can afford). Reason: As a business owner, you are more valuable to society.

1) ya, just look at south korea. chaebol owners very rarely go to jail.
2) just look at reservist system. very few high salary workers ever got called up for reservist right?

gn108
20-07-12, 16:49
“You cannot make men good by law: and without good men you cannot have a good society (http://thinkexist.com/quotation/you_cannot_make_men_good_by_law-and_without_good/184557.html)” C.S. Lewis

Regulators
20-07-12, 17:16
I heard people drive in regularly with less than half tank also never gee caught, someone even told me they are sometimes quite relaxed about it. A person cannot be punished more severely just because it involves money to the government right? Moreover how much tax would the government lose for that one tank of petrol in that instance? Looking at the offense alone, is driving a car with less than 3/4 tank more serious or getting someone to take the blame for your offense? Isn't the answer obvious?

because no matter who drive, still kena sentence and fined. whether person A or person B kena fined and/or jailed, doesnt matter as long as govt earn money from the offence committed.

And why do you say impede he impede the course of justice.
didnt you know that the old man take the keys without permission?
just like this case
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1203584/unlicenced_driver_jailed.html
"At 1am on Dec 6, See, his friend Sow Zhi Hao, 23, and Mr Heng had met in the void deck of See’s block in Tampines Street 11 for alcoholic drinks and to chat. Mr Heng drove there in the car.

About 31/2 hours later, he felt that he had had too much to drink and decided against driving. He left the void deck with his wallet and house keys but accidentally left the key to the car in a bag, which was how See came to have it."

so you see, that's how old man can have the keys to the car.
too bad woffles story break out first before this, if not, can use this story. how come AG and woffles have no imagination?

howgozit
20-07-12, 20:06
If you look at the news lately, it doesn't matter what your occupation, status, wealth or worth to society is...

Principals, SCDF boss, CNB boss, Shaw empire heir, scholars.... etc all kena the heavy hand of the law... never give chance.

Woffles Wu case is a bit different lah... anyway like I said there is more than meets the eye.

teddybear
20-07-12, 20:53
You referring to below news?
Think he didn't learn the smart way? He can get somebody to jump out later to confess that he tempered with this pastor's fuel gauge because he is angry with the pastor, and hence the pastor didn't ly right? :p
But make sure this person don't later blow the whistle, but then it will be 6-7 years later and may be can get off with a fine? But too bad he was forced to give a statement, he should just keep quiet and act mute, don't give any statement and don't sign anything and sign any statement can? :blueball:

Pastor jailed two weeks for tampering with fuel gauge and lying to officer

AsiaOne
Friday, Jul 20, 2012
A church pastor tampered with his car's fuel indicator, and lied to an immigration officer about it.
For giving false information under the Customs Act, Steven Yang Suan Piau, 47, was sentenced to two weeks' jail.
Yang tried to drive to Malaysia with about a quarter tank of fuel in his car.
His car indicator, however, showed that he had a three-quarter tank of petrol.
There is a three-quarter tank rule for vehicles leaving Singapore.
At around midnight on Jan 3 at the Woodlands Checkpoint, an immigration officer questioned Yang about the indicator, and Yang said twice that the indicator was correct and that the fuel gauge had not been tampered with.
Another charge of failing to comply with the three-quarter tank rule was also considered.
The pastor at Eternal Life Baptist Church in Kim Keat Road is appealing against the sentence and is out on $15,000 bail until the appeal hearing.

I heard people drive in regularly with less than half tank also never gee caught, someone even told me they are sometimes quite relaxed about it. A person cannot be punished more severely just because it involves money to the government right? Moreover how much tax would the government lose for that one tank of petrol in that instance? Looking at the offense alone, is driving a car with less than 3/4 tank more serious or getting someone to take the blame for your offense? Isn't the answer obvious?

hopeful
20-07-12, 22:46

Woffles Wu case is a bit different lah... anyway like I said there is more than meets the eye.

anybody still remember this?
Famous plastic surgeon sued by patient over 'nude' photos
http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20110119-259042.html

what is woffles has nude photos of the elites :rolleyes:. he uploaded all over the net, encrypted, with dead man's switch. if he dont regularly reset the timer, the nude photos will automatically be send to all the news media, porn sites.

howgozit
20-07-12, 22:49
Haha...:ashamed1:

anybody still remember this?
Famous plastic surgeon sued by patient over 'nude' photos
http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20110119-259042.html

what is woffles has nude photos of the elites :rolleyes:. he uploaded all over the net, encrypted, with dead man's switch. if he dont regularly reset the timer, the nude photos will automatically be send to all the news media, porn sites.

howgozit
23-07-12, 11:06
Lawyer M Ravi in bizarre tirade at Speaker’s Corner

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/eEBNuYSdBvKvk0AAYr856A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9NDAwO2NyPTE7Y3c9NjMwO2R4PTA7ZHk9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD00MDA7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/249/2012/07/22/630ravi3-jpg_144558.jpg (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/photos/m-ravi-performing-a-dance-at-speaker-s-corner-photo-1342968365.html;_ylt=An7BIz3WhasE2s.sqiz3yTMBV8d_;_ylu=X3oDMTQ1aThqY2JhBG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIFJlbGF0ZWQgTGVhZARwa2cDMDYxODYxNTktZjk2Yi0zMzE0LTkwNDctMzQzMGFjZmU4NTdkBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNNZWRpYUFydGljbGVMZWFkBHZlcgNmNzgxNzIxMC1kNDBiLTExZTEtYmYzMy01MWRhNzVmYzBkZDM-;_ylg=X3oDMTJzMmFjOHU0BGludGwDc2cEbGFuZwNlbi1zZwRwc3RhaWQDZGYzY2MyY2EtYTE0ZS0zOGY2LWJiZjYtYzJmZTIwMWM0OGZlBHBzdGNhdANzaW5nYXBvcmUEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3) Yahoo! Photos - M Ravi performing a dance at Speaker's Corner
Human rights lawyer M Ravi (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/lawyer-m-ravi--my-biggest-weakness-even-until-today-is---.html) danced, prayed, and made numerous accusations peppered with expletives during a two-hour “party” at Hong Lim Park on Sunday afternoon.

Heavily made-up, barefoot and wearing jeans with a black t-shirt as well as an ornate gold belt, scarves, and flower garlands, Mr Ravi danced three Indian traditional dances that involved him kneeling on the ground, lying prostrate on a small stage, and embracing a nearby tree.

At one point, the 43-year-old flung an orange flower garland into the air and attempted to slice it with a fake silver sword in front of an audience of about 30 people, made up mostly of several supporters, Bangladeshi workers and journalists.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/bll6CboGZGxOIg1w64qbqw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/249/2012/07/22/630ravi1-jpg_145308.jpgAt one stage, M Ravi flung a flower garland into the air and attempted to slice it with a fake silver sword. (Yahoo! …

Ravi, who suffers from bipolar disorder, a condition of severe mood swings, had invited the media to his Speakers’ Corner “party” to, amongst other things, demonstrate against the Law Society of Singapore, with whom he had a highly publicized run-in last week.
Last week in court, Law Society representative Wong Siew Hong had attempted to prevent Ravi from acting for his client, Mdm Vellama Marie Muthu, on the grounds that Ravi had suffered a “manic relapse” from bipolar disorder and was therefore professionally unfit to practice.
Wong’s request was thrown out by presiding judge Justice Philip Pillai, who called his intrusion “unprecedented” and said that if Ravi had a valid certificate, he was free to act in Court.

Ravi then said he would also be filing a complaint with the Singapore Medical Council against his doctor Dr Calvin Fones, who had submitted his medical records to the Law Society, and said that his behaviour had been “slightly ignorant”.

In an interview with Singapore blog publichouse.sg (http://publichouse.sg/) after the complaint, Ravi assured the public that he was feeling “a little stressed” but fine (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/doctor%E2%80%99s-letter-%E2%80%9Cridiculous%E2%80%9D--says-m-ravi-.html%20).

On Sunday, Ravi said that he would be suing Wong and the Society on Monday for an apology and for damages against his reputation that will “exceed hundreds thousands of dollars, or millions” because he had a “huge reputation internationally”.

Calling Wong a “cow dung lawyer from Law Society” who had “sh*t in his pants”, he said that he would “forgive but will never forget”.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/LGjuxwYSYFZKxnML9d03bQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/249/2012/07/22/630ravi2-jpg_145104.jpgM Ravi's 'party' was witnessed by about 30 people. (Yahoo! photo)

Ravi also launched into several other bizarre rants, reserving choice words for several prominent politicians and the Law Society.

“I come from a generation of samurais, 369,” said Ravi, before challenging former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew to meet him “one-on-one”, “go fly kite” and telling the 30-member crowd to “stand up for Singapore.”

He also expressed his anger with opposition politicians, calling Workers Party’s Low Thia Kiang, Sylvia Lim, and Chen Show Mao “cow dungs” for what he said was their “lack of support” for his client, Mdm Vellama Marie Muthu.

Ravi is representing Muthu in her campaign for the Court to declare that the Prime Minister does not have unfettered discretion in deciding when to call by-elections.

Ravi's talk at the Speakers Corner started at about 3pm and finished shortly after 5pm, despite an earlier media invite stating it would go on until 8pm. Most of his time was spent talking about his history and childhood.

Claiming to be from a secret society called “Jalan Kayu 369”, Ravi told the audience he had a Taiwanese father who looked like notorious Hong Kong pop star Edison Chen before ranting about abusive Indian fathers and the suffering of his late mother, whom he credits as his inspiration.

He also peppered his speeches with strange statements, announcing at one point that “Hot is cold, cold is hot, Yin is Yang, and I look young – that is why Hallelujah and Praise the Lord”, eliciting strange looks from curious passers-by.

Ravi also spoke of his intention to “return to New York” where there are “vampires in the Empire State Building”.

When reporters asked about his mental condition at the end of his talk, Ravi asserted that he was “fine”, calling the media “stupid” for raising the issue and refused to take any more questions.

It is not the first time the prominent lawyer has lashed out at the media. In 2010, Ravi called a press conference to defend his comments over a criminal case, but ended up smashing a glass, spewing vulgarities and yelling at journalists to leave his office.

gn108
23-07-12, 11:26
Bro, their is a bigger/high reason for the events you correctly observed.

But you're correct in that these recent offenders will be dealt with severely.

If you look at the news lately, it doesn't matter what your occupation, status, wealth or worth to society is...

Principals, SCDF boss, CNB boss, Shaw empire heir, scholars.... etc all kena the heavy hand of the law... never give chance.

hopeful
23-07-12, 11:59
Bro, their is a bigger/high reason for the events you correctly observed.

But you're correct in that these recent offenders will be dealt with severely.

what is the bigger/higher reason? people very interested to know.

i think housecleaning before 2016 GE, or when they are approached by opposition and their sin is they entertained the opposition.
pap loyalist involved in brompton bike case should not have any problem.

howgozit
23-07-12, 21:34
Whichever way one leans politically, it is important to note that Ravi does not speak for all opposition.

zzz1
25-07-12, 10:24
Lawyer M Ravi in bizarre tirade at Speaker’s Corner

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/eEBNuYSdBvKvk0AAYr856A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9NDAwO2NyPTE7Y3c9NjMwO2R4PTA7ZHk9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD00MDA7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/249/2012/07/22/630ravi3-jpg_144558.jpg (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/photos/m-ravi-performing-a-dance-at-speaker-s-corner-photo-1342968365.html;_ylt=An7BIz3WhasE2s.sqiz3yTMBV8d_;_ylu=X3oDMTQ1aThqY2JhBG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIFJlbGF0ZWQgTGVhZARwa2cDMDYxODYxNTktZjk2Yi0zMzE0LTkwNDctMzQzMGFjZmU4NTdkBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNNZWRpYUFydGljbGVMZWFkBHZlcgNmNzgxNzIxMC1kNDBiLTExZTEtYmYzMy01MWRhNzVmYzBkZDM-;_ylg=X3oDMTJzMmFjOHU0BGludGwDc2cEbGFuZwNlbi1zZwRwc3RhaWQDZGYzY2MyY2EtYTE0ZS0zOGY2LWJiZjYtYzJmZTIwMWM0OGZlBHBzdGNhdANzaW5nYXBvcmUEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3) Yahoo! Photos - M Ravi performing a dance at Speaker's Corner
Human rights lawyer M Ravi (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/lawyer-m-ravi--my-biggest-weakness-even-until-today-is---.html) danced, prayed, and made numerous accusations peppered with expletives during a two-hour “party” at Hong Lim Park on Sunday afternoon.

Heavily made-up, barefoot and wearing jeans with a black t-shirt as well as an ornate gold belt, scarves, and flower garlands, Mr Ravi danced three Indian traditional dances that involved him kneeling on the ground, lying prostrate on a small stage, and embracing a nearby tree.

At one point, the 43-year-old flung an orange flower garland into the air and attempted to slice it with a fake silver sword in front of an audience of about 30 people, made up mostly of several supporters, Bangladeshi workers and journalists.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/bll6CboGZGxOIg1w64qbqw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/249/2012/07/22/630ravi1-jpg_145308.jpgAt one stage, M Ravi flung a flower garland into the air and attempted to slice it with a fake silver sword. (Yahoo! …

Ravi, who suffers from bipolar disorder, a condition of severe mood swings, had invited the media to his Speakers’ Corner “party” to, amongst other things, demonstrate against the Law Society of Singapore, with whom he had a highly publicized run-in last week.
Last week in court, Law Society representative Wong Siew Hong had attempted to prevent Ravi from acting for his client, Mdm Vellama Marie Muthu, on the grounds that Ravi had suffered a “manic relapse” from bipolar disorder and was therefore professionally unfit to practice.
Wong’s request was thrown out by presiding judge Justice Philip Pillai, who called his intrusion “unprecedented” and said that if Ravi had a valid certificate, he was free to act in Court.

Ravi then said he would also be filing a complaint with the Singapore Medical Council against his doctor Dr Calvin Fones, who had submitted his medical records to the Law Society, and said that his behaviour had been “slightly ignorant”.

In an interview with Singapore blog publichouse.sg (http://publichouse.sg/) after the complaint, Ravi assured the public that he was feeling “a little stressed” but fine (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/doctor%E2%80%99s-letter-%E2%80%9Cridiculous%E2%80%9D--says-m-ravi-.html%20).

On Sunday, Ravi said that he would be suing Wong and the Society on Monday for an apology and for damages against his reputation that will “exceed hundreds thousands of dollars, or millions” because he had a “huge reputation internationally”.

Calling Wong a “cow dung lawyer from Law Society” who had “sh*t in his pants”, he said that he would “forgive but will never forget”.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/LGjuxwYSYFZKxnML9d03bQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/249/2012/07/22/630ravi2-jpg_145104.jpgM Ravi's 'party' was witnessed by about 30 people. (Yahoo! photo)

Ravi also launched into several other bizarre rants, reserving choice words for several prominent politicians and the Law Society.

“I come from a generation of samurais, 369,” said Ravi, before challenging former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew to meet him “one-on-one”, “go fly kite” and telling the 30-member crowd to “stand up for Singapore.”

He also expressed his anger with opposition politicians, calling Workers Party’s Low Thia Kiang, Sylvia Lim, and Chen Show Mao “cow dungs” for what he said was their “lack of support” for his client, Mdm Vellama Marie Muthu.

Ravi is representing Muthu in her campaign for the Court to declare that the Prime Minister does not have unfettered discretion in deciding when to call by-elections.

Ravi's talk at the Speakers Corner started at about 3pm and finished shortly after 5pm, despite an earlier media invite stating it would go on until 8pm. Most of his time was spent talking about his history and childhood.

Claiming to be from a secret society called “Jalan Kayu 369”, Ravi told the audience he had a Taiwanese father who looked like notorious Hong Kong pop star Edison Chen before ranting about abusive Indian fathers and the suffering of his late mother, whom he credits as his inspiration.

He also peppered his speeches with strange statements, announcing at one point that “Hot is cold, cold is hot, Yin is Yang, and I look young – that is why Hallelujah and Praise the Lord”, eliciting strange looks from curious passers-by.

Ravi also spoke of his intention to “return to New York” where there are “vampires in the Empire State Building”.

When reporters asked about his mental condition at the end of his talk, Ravi asserted that he was “fine”, calling the media “stupid” for raising the issue and refused to take any more questions.

It is not the first time the prominent lawyer has lashed out at the media. In 2010, Ravi called a press conference to defend his comments over a criminal case, but ended up smashing a glass, spewing vulgarities and yelling at journalists to leave his office.

reading from this new reports, it don do good to him...the more he speak, the more he may ended with more troubles.. or making troubles to the whole world..:doh: :doh:

zzz1
25-07-12, 10:27
Whichever way one leans politically, it is important to note that Ravi does not speak for all opposition.
he could felt being 'played out' by opps...end up din get any support by doing them a favour...

howgozit
25-07-12, 10:41
Yes.. this is how he feels.

Leading opposition groups likewise also see him as a liability... he does have psychiatric problems which very often manifests itself publicly.

However, I personally feel that LSS was wrong to intervene in court which was unprecedented and uncalled for.

he could felt being 'played out' by opps...end up din get any support by doing them a favour...

zzz1
25-07-12, 10:54
Yes.. this is how he feels.

Leading opposition groups likewise also see him as a liability... he does have psychiatric problems which very often manifests itself publicly.

However, I personally feel that LSS was wrong to intervene in court which was unprecedented and uncalled for.

unless there is a compelling reason to do so to intervence..well it will be up to the judge's call of the day...

he has very good merit initially but looking at the later, he had literally done his profession suicide stunt.!

hopeful
25-07-12, 11:05
unless there is a compelling reason to do so to intervence..well it will be up to the judge's call of the day...

he has very good merit initially but looking at the later, he had literally done his profession suicide stunt.!

you all underestimate ravi.
he is putting on an act, so that his opponents lower down their guard.

he is pretending to be a pig, in order to eat the tiger.
this ravi remembers me of king guo jian of yue state.

zzz1
25-07-12, 11:54
you all underestimate ravi.
he is putting on an act, so that his opponents lower down their guard.

he is pretending to be a pig, in order to eat the tiger.
this ravi remembers me of king guo jian of yue state.

i hope so this is the case too....

see the extract from the news..
""Calling Wong a “cow dung lawyer from Law Society” who had “sh*t in his pants”, he said that he would “forgive but will never forget”.

properly there more then reported....