PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Properties

Pages : [1] 2

Laguna
16-07-12, 11:20
I have finally visited quite a good number of properties inPenang, KL (Including CyberJaya, PutraJaya), Malacca, Ipoh and Iskandar. I have compiled a short summary for sharingand wish to invite more forummers here to share view.
I was very impressed by PutraJaya, the PM residence is atM$800m. I think their PMO should be in the region of M$2b.
1. Taxation and Currency etc
Net rental income is taxed at a flat rate of 26%.
Interest is about 4.3%, with LTVat 70% in general. Good credit can get 80%.
M$ is still weakening against S$.If Malaysia decides to lower their interest rate, then M$ will drop further.
For Penang, foreigners can onlybuy properties >M$1m, KL is still at M$500,000 (soon to be M$1m), Malacca M$250,000 (this is to be confirmed)
2. Deals by Developers
Most developers absorb legal fee(which is very high in Malaysia), deferred payment, developers absorb interestduring construction period.
Offer good rebate, discount etc.Some of these rebates are taken as part of the purchase price in order toreduce the down payment and get bank loan.
3. Supply
In general, supply is very huge. Theland supply in Greater KL and Iskandar is unthinkable.
Mt Kiara is about 40% - 50%vacant, KLCC is around 30%. Must avoidservice apartments in KL, the supply is too huge.
Rental yield is very poor.
Inoted the buyers are generally weak buyers. They aim to sell at a profit whenTOP especially those under the deferred payment scheme and low down payment.

Risk of buying off the plan is very high. Mustbuy from reputable developers.

For commercial properties, sellers are askingfor a cap rate of 5%. As such, heavy negative cash flow is expected.

hyenergix
16-07-12, 12:00
I think you are referring to condos. The supply of condos is quite high in Malaysia in general and many buyers are flippers. I do not recommend condos in Malaysia unless they are very near the administrative centers or have excellent views.

On the other hand, landed properties supply is still quite small and psf wise they offer the best value for $. Most buyers use them for own stay or as weekend homes. Prices should continue to go up based on my knowledge of the next few launches.

I recommend buying landed properties that are near TOP if you don't mind some price increase as you can see the quality. Even developers with track records elsewhere may not mean they are adopting the same high standard for the current project. Buying Malaysia properties now represents better value at SGD strengthens and inflation pushes Singaporeans to stretch their dollars in JB.

graveyard
16-07-12, 13:34
I think you are referring to condos. The supply of condos is quite high in Malaysia in general and many buyers are flippers. I do not recommend condos in Malaysia unless they are very near the administrative centers or have excellent views.

On the other hand, landed properties supply is still quite small and psf wise they offer the best value for $. Most buyers use them for own stay or as weekend homes. Prices should continue to go up based on my knowledge of the next few launches.

I recommend buying landed properties that are near TOP if you don't mind some price increase as you can see the quality. Even developers with track records elsewhere may not mean they are adopting the same high standard for the current project. Buying Malaysia properties now represents better value at SGD strengthens and inflation pushes Singaporeans to stretch their dollars in JB.

it depends on which area - KL and Penang has many condos while JB has lesser, though the numbers are creeping up. Many condos in msia are mismanaged so potential investors should go for those with good track record. Its a well known fact many condos in Penang have excellent sea view and many of them are spacious units (>2000 sqf) costing over RM 1M. Property over there is highly valued as the state has limited land, has a vibrant healthy economy due to the many plants and factories, high literacy rate (many speak English over there), security (lower crime rate compared to that in other states)

in JB, generally popular condos fetch higher rent than most landed houses. These are typically located in prime locations and has good views. Thesse popular condos include Molek Pine, Prime Regency, Straits View and Aloha Towers. I am vested in Aloha Towers and main attraction of this condo is its spacious units (1700sqf standard up to 3000+ for penthouse), good view (high units get unblocked view of city (the clock) and strats of johor), nice environment (windy even for low floors as the condo is on high ground), high security and proximity to Spore (5mins car ride to CIQ), international schools and the govt hospital which brings in potential tenants by season. other condos listed here are quality and most can fetch >RM2000 in mth rent while landed in clustered locations can barely fetch RM2000

Several condos have sprung up recently in JB (Tropez Residence by Dijaya - a reputable developer specializing in buidling luxurious apartments in KL) and a few including one which will integrate with KSL city and one nearby DP Plaza, Zion Hotel. These new condos average >RM600 psf whcih is a big jump from the older condos whch average RM350 psf

For landed, investors can look at nusajaya, bukit indah, horizon hill, east ledang.
many sporeans are familiar with horizon hill with beautiful landscape and a well maintained golf course. those with bigger budgets can go for east ledang villas which can cost RM2M above

hyenergix
16-07-12, 13:53
U r v well versed there. I'm a novice in Malaysia prop. I only studied e landed ones in JB. Condos supply can b more easily ramped up. The landed ones u mentioned r def v much in demand. I settled for one beside Bt Indah malls n Bestari shops for e amenities. I noted e security issue though.

graveyard
16-07-12, 14:06
U r v well versed there. I'm a novice in Malaysia prop. I only studied e landed ones in JB. Condos supply can b more easily ramped up. The landed ones u mentioned r def v much in demand. I settled for one beside Bt Indah malls n Bestari shops for e amenities. I noted e security issue though.

its my hometown so i know a bit more :) I never used to pay attention to the JB properties till i saw the advetised prices of new condos, houses few months ago. The profit that owners who have bought properties in prime locations in JB a few year back could reap is comparable to the >SGD200psf owners of spore properties bought in 2009 could reap, dollar for dollar

Oh. Yours is nearer to the Giant/Tesco side. I have one near to Jusco side. yes security is still an issue - gated and guarded should be safer. Bukit Indah is one of the more prosperous district due to the large number of msian residents working in Spore and this could have attracted crimes. However, it is still safer than districts like tampoi, skudai and tmn sentosa

DC33_2008
16-07-12, 14:13
It is good for those Singaporeans who have bought and still have not started making progress payment since SGD is strengthening against the MYR.
I have finally visited quite a good number of properties inPenang, KL (Including CyberJaya, PutraJaya), Malacca, Ipoh and Iskandar. I have compiled a short summary for sharingand wish to invite more forummers here to share view.
I was very impressed by PutraJaya, the PM residence is atM$800m. I think their PMO should be in the region of M$2b.
1.Taxation and Currency etc
Net rental income is taxed at a flat rate of 26%.
Interest is about 4.3%, with LTVat 70% in general. Good credit can get 80%.
M$ is still weakening against S$.If Malaysia decides to lower their interest rate, then M$ will drop further.
For Penang, foreigners can onlybuy properties >M$1m, KL is still at M$500,000 (soon to be M$1m), Malacca M$250,000 (this is to be confirmed)
2.Deals by Developers
Most developers absorb legal fee(which is very high in Malaysia), deferred payment, developers absorb interestduring construction period.
Offer good rebate, discount etc.Some of these rebates are taken as part of the purchase price in order toreduce the down payment and get bank loan.
3.Supply
In general, supply is very huge. Theland supply in Greater KL and Iskandar is unthinkable.
Mt Kiara is about 40% - 50%vacant, KLCC is around 30%. Must avoidservice apartments in KL, the supply is too huge.
Rental yield is very poor.
Inoted the buyers are generally weak buyers. They aim to sell at a profit whenTOP especially those under the deferred payment scheme and low down payment.

Risk of buying off the plan is very high. Mustbuy from reputable developers.

For commercial properties, sellers are askingfor a cap rate of 5%. As such, heavy negative cash flow is expected.

hyenergix
16-07-12, 14:37
It is good for those Singaporeans who have bought and still have not started making progress payment since SGD is strengthening against the MYR.

I could wrong as I'm still learning. My latest research indicated that G&G landed and some well-located condos (particularly those near the coastal areas) in Iskandar zone B (Nusajaya) are doing well. I think it is in the mid-stage of a bull run that started somewhere in early 2011. I will be making payments very soon, so strong SGD against MYR is indeed a blessing.

graveyard
16-07-12, 14:49
I could wrong as I'm still learning. My latest research indicated that G&G landed and some well-located condos (particularly those near the coastal areas) in Iskandar zone B (Nusajaya) are doing well. I think it is in the mid-stage of a bull run that started somewhere in early 2011. I will be making payments very soon, so strong SGD against MYR is indeed a blessing.

I am still learning too. Nusajaya is def heating up with the Legoland, hello kitty coming up and the landed and condos at Puteri Harbor where the rich park their yacht are catching up too. the coastal area developments are always in demand - this is true everywhere. Was told 40% of buyers of Tropex Residence at Danga Bay are sporean - I wanted to buy the 2 bedders that will be facing straits of Johor but all sold out.

Santro
16-07-12, 20:45
Thanks Laguna for the summary.
I have been hearing in so many property talks about 0% down and huge profits in Malaysia properties. They say can loan upto 90% and developer give 10% discount hence 0% down. Atleast now I know what the reality is.
Do you intend to to invest based on what you have seen till now. Heard that its very common to negotiate additional group discounts.

graveyard
16-07-12, 21:17
Thanks Laguna for the summary.
I have been hearing in so many property talks about 0% down and huge profits in Malaysia properties. They say can loan upto 90% and developer give 10% discount hence 0% down. Atleast now I know what the reality is.
Do you intend to to invest based on what you have seen till now. Heard that its very common to negotiate additional group discounts.

I think 90% LTV applies only to msian. Mine is on 90% - 2nd property will be on 70%.

The 10% developer discount is to offset the stamp duty/legal fees if offered

DC33_2008
16-07-12, 21:29
Congratulation!

hyenergix
16-07-12, 21:44
Thanks. Hopefully I hope I have made the right choice and wish more people can join me - safety in numbers!

DC33_2008
16-07-12, 21:48
There is a jb Singapore association in jb for the Singapore community.
Thanks. Hopefully I hope I have made the right choice and wish more people can join me - safety in numbers!

hyenergix
16-07-12, 21:54
Yup. I will be joining MM2H too :p

Laguna
17-07-12, 14:49
1. Appreciation of S$ against M$.
Investors always like to invest in a country with strong currency. ie after making all the progress payment/ bank instalments, u will be stucked with M$. When u sell the properties, u will bring back a very much smaller S$.

2. Landed properties
I looked into many landed in PutraJaya, Penang and Iskandar.
Ooops, I love to stay in the big landed house in Iskandar. But a house is not a life style.
The rental yield is extremely poor for landed properties. Of course, over the long term, the capital appreciation is there. But for the meantime, u are stucked with interest, poor yield. As an investment class, I can find better opportunites.

DC33_2008
17-07-12, 15:13
Do you see MYR weakened further in the next 10 years against the SGD?
Investors always like to invest in a country with strong currency. ie after making all the progress payment/ bank instalments, u will be stucked with M$. When u sell the properties, u will bring back a very much smaller S$.

2. Landed properties
Ooops, I love to stay in the big landed house in Iskandar. But a house is not a life style.
The rental yield is extremely poor for landed properties. Of course, over the long term, the capital appreciation is there. But for the meantime, u are stucked with interest, poor yield. As an investment class, I can find better opportunites.

maisonjai
17-07-12, 15:57
Cheap Malaysian Property Riddled With Risks, as Singapore Investors Find Out
Published: Monday, 16 Jul 2012 | 11:09 PM ET
By: Bianca Mascarenhas
CNBC Asia-Pacific

Singaporean Deepak Gurnani has spent the past couple of years trying to recover an investment gone wrong in Malaysia. The 51-year-old businessman spent $66,000 on a property in the popular beach destination Port Dickson, Malaysia in 1993. It functioned as a fuss-free home away from home until two years ago, when the developer defaulted on the payment of the property's maintenance fees.

"This resulted in Coco Bay Condominium's Management chasing us for recovery," says Gurnani, who now pays RM400 ($126) every quarter as maintenance and another RM150 for water, quit rent and property tax every quarter. All expenses considered, Gurnani has lost an estimated $150,000 and is expected to salvage only $30,000 of the holding cost, if he is lucky.
Gurnani is one of a rising number of Singaporeans who have been burnt investing in real estate in Malaysia. In a recently reported case, 129 disgruntled investors, which included some Singaporeans, of Nexus Residence - a luxury development in Sabah - took local developer Karambunai Corp into arbitration for not paying almost one year in arrears on its "lease back" rental payments due to them.

Faced with skyrocketing property prices in Singapore, property investors have turned to Malaysia's real estate for opportunities in recent years.

Singapore's property prices have surged to an all-time high in 2011, according to the Private Property Index compiled by Urban Redevelopment Authority, the local body that governs land planning. The average price of a luxury property in Singapore was valued around US$2,518 per sq. foot, according to the 2011 Wealth Report , published by property consultant Knightfrank. This makes properties in Malaysia approximately five to six times cheaper in comparison.

The rising value of the Singapore dollar, which currently exchanges for about 2.5 Malaysian ringgits, also means that Singaporeans get more bang for their buck. The Singapore dollar has risen almost three percent against Malaysia's currency since the start of the year.

"There has been an increase in Singaporeans investing in Malaysian property over the past 5 years due to high property prices in Singapore and the favorable exchange rate," says Khalil Adis, Singapore Editor for Property Report.

According to the Southeast Asia property website www.property-report.com (http://www.property-report.com/), China, Singapore, Japan and South Korea are said to be the biggest foreign investors in the Malaysian property market, with Singaporeans the biggest buyers in the state of Nusajaya, Johor, just across the border.

Government incentives also help explain a trend in the rising number of Singaporeans buying Malaysian property. According to Eric Chan, Deputy Managing Director of property developer Eastern & Oriental Berhad, the government's "Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) program" that grants foreigners easy entry via a renewable Social Visit Pass, with a multiple-entry visa that is valid for 10 years, has made Malaysian property attractive to Singapore investors.

"Added to this mix is Malaysia's friendly lending terms, which are also extended to foreigners and if conditions are met, margins of financing can be as high as 90 percent," Chan said.
Despite the incentives, risks remain for those property investors who do not carry out enough research before investing in Malaysian property, analysts say.

They add that a lack of transparency in the Malaysian real estate market is one of the key risks faced by foreign investors. According to the 2012 Global Real Estate Transparency Index, a proprietary Jones Lang LaSalle survey, Malaysia ranks 23rd on the index, ten spots lower than Singapore.

The index ranks countries in terms of the ease of comparison of occupancy costs, the ability to provide more options for strategic action (such as the execution of sale and leasebacks) and the efficiency of transactions.
News that the Malaysia government is contemplating raising the minimum property purchase price for foreign investors from RM500, 000 to RM1 million, in the lead up to elections next year, could also be a risk factor, analysts say. The move may win over voters, especially by young middle-class Malaysians who have been burdened by fast rising home prices, but could reduce the lure of Malaysia as a venue for affordable property market.
Location, Reputation Are Key

What seems to determine successful investment in Malaysian property as such largely revolves around the location and the credibility of the developer, experts say.
"A reputable developer and good location is the mantra in property investment and it is no different in Malaysia. Research therefore, is imperative in buying a property," Chan, said.

For projects where these criteria are met, it is not uncommon for purchasers to enjoy capital appreciation of close to 30 percent upon completion, he added.

Kuala Lumpur (KL), Penang and Iskandar, which is part of the southern state of Johor, rank among the top hot locations for investment in Malaysia for foreign investors.

Locations like Malacca, on the other hand, are likely to see very low returns on their investment. David Neubronner, Head of Residential Project Sales, of Jones Lang LaSalle told CNBC that "KL being the capital city and key business center would have a much wider appeal, more potential and possibly better returns on investments in the medium to long term."

On the other hand, Malacca is a historical town and appeals more to locals. "The type of options and opportunities are also more restrictive and I suspect much of the buying interest is hinged more on sentiments than investment," said Neubronner.

Local investors looking to invest in Malaysian property need to tread more carefully, says Gurnani.

He says that living in Singapore tends to give investors a false sense of security and makes them more prone to invest without thinking about the particular risks involved in overseas property markets.

"Malaysia is one place where I will never put money again," he said

graveyard
17-07-12, 17:21
In Msia. always safer to invest in completed projects, condos with good management track record or those bullt by only reputable developers like Dijaya, Setia Group

Laguna
17-07-12, 17:30
Do you see MYR weakened further in the next 10 years against the SGD?

I duno how old ru? When we went independence, the exchange was at par. Now is 2.51

Looking into interest rate aspect, S$ interest can only go up in the long term. M$ may come down as it is still very high.

I would say M$ is undervalued, and it will still be under-valued.

My answer is YES, unless there is a drastic change in the political front.

hyenergix
17-07-12, 17:34

2. Landed properties

U r prob in a diff league as an investor with a need for cashflow n fast returns.

Laguna
17-07-12, 17:38
U r prob in a diff league as an investor with a need for cashflow n fast returns.

I think I have given a very fair evaluation and comments on the knowledge I have gained.

Once u buy a property, be it for own stay or yield, ur an investor.

I went to Bukit Indah as well where u had invested in.

My view, to make Iskandar a great success, the Johore Govt must grant tax free status, like the free trade zone in Penang, tax free for CyberJaya and Technology Park of Malaysia. However, I doubt the state Govt is bold enough for this move.

Iskandar is working to attract the money from Sg....

hyenergix
17-07-12, 17:54
I think I have given a very fair evaluation and comments on the knowledge I have gained.

My view, to make Iskandar a great success, the Johore Govt must grant tax free status, like the free trade zone in Penang, tax free for CyberJaya and Technology Park of Malaysia. However, I doubt the state Govt is bold enough for this move.

I suspect the JB government is giving tax free status and privileges for certain projects, much like what EDB is doing selectively. Some companies I know in Singapore are also choosing to expand in JB instead of Singapore. I din probe exact reasons but I'm sure they must have done cost-benefit analysis.

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/73537

Laguna
17-07-12, 18:02
I suspect the JB government is giving tax free status and privileges for certain projects, much like what EDB is doing selectively. Some companies I know in Singapore are also choosing to expand in JB instead of Singapore. I din probe exact reasons but I'm sure they must have done cost-benefit analysis.

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/73537

yes, cheap land given.....
But so far, i cannot see anything on tax issue.....

hyenergix
17-07-12, 18:08
yes, cheap land given.....
But so far, i cannot see anything on tax issue.....

I suppose not officially yet. Right now oil n gas seems to b given priority. Land is already a critical cost n factor. Singapore is having a v hard time now due to insufficient land.

DC33_2008
17-07-12, 19:29
What has interest got to do with exchange rate. I thought a change in garment will be worst.
I duno how old ru? When we went independence, the exchange was at par. Now is 2.51

Looking into interest rate aspect, S$ interest can only go up in the long term. M$ may come down as it is still very high.

I would say M$ is undervalued, and it will still be under-valued.

My answer is YES, unless there is a drastic change in the political front.

graveyard
17-07-12, 20:01
What has interest got to do with exchange rate. I thought a change in garment will be worst.

high interest rate in SG = high demand to hold SGD to earn the interest = lower supply of SGD floating in market = SGD appreciate

DC33_2008
17-07-12, 21:30
How high can interest rise in Singapore? We will not be able to see a 5-8%growth in our economy for a long time to come. Too strong dollar will affect our competitiveness in exporting our products and even tourism.
high interest rate in SG = high demand to hold SGD to earn the interest = lower supply of SGD floating in market = SGD appreciate

teddybear
17-07-12, 22:04
=> = Less people take risk to invest SGD in businesses and stock market => Less entrepreneurs and risk takers, Singapore stock market & SGX DEAD => Less jobs created => More people can't find jobs! => More people switch to vote opposition? :doh:

graveyard
17-07-12, 22:33
I was only trying to define the link between interest rate and exchange rate as asked by DC33 la. the govt is aware the high SGD will hurt exports and increase business operating costs esp for MNC. MAS has been targeting a low inflation and SG has been primarily using interest rate as part of its monetary policy tool to achieve that so it depends on how the govt play the game in regards to the direction that interest rate here heads towards

hyenergix
17-07-12, 23:29
For those interested, some of the better developers that I have found with gated and guarded landed projects near the 2nd link.

IJM: http://www.ijmland.com/property_details/property_details.aspx?pID=281
SP Setia: http://www.spsetia.com.my/corporate/our-products.asp
KSL: http://www.ksl.my/bestariheights/site/

Horizon Hill and East Ledang prices have shot up dramatically. Be careful of security though. Look for gated and guarded. Just sharing. Decide properly what you want before jumping in.

teddybear
17-07-12, 23:43
Gated and guarded? False security. Security guards ganging up with thieves & robbers are so common in Malaysia (yes, they are also the robbers)! :simmering:
Even the police can slash, shoot and burn, what more you expect from just a condo security guard? :doh:

For those interested, some of the better developers that I have found with gated and guarded landed projects near the 2nd link.

IJM: http://www.ijmland.com/property_details/property_details.aspx?pID=281
SP Setia: http://www.spsetia.com.my/corporate/our-products.asp
KSL: http://www.ksl.my/bestariheights/site/

Horizon Hill and East Ledang prices have shot up dramatically. Be careful of security though. Look for gated and guarded. Just sharing. Decide properly what you want before jumping in.

hyenergix
17-07-12, 23:46
Uncle teddy, only CCR for you :p

graveyard
18-07-12, 01:16
Well, its a fact security remains a key issue in Msia. It's also a fact that houses in districts like Bukit Indah, Horizon Hill, East Ledang etc have appreciated much in value. For those who are concerned with security, you may want to consider buying for investment (capital gain) rather than for own stay. After all, these properties are freehold and can hold out even after years. Looking at the trend, I think prices will continue to rise. Those properties at prime locations with links to major highways that have been built around Iskandar project region and to Tuas, causeway have registered the greatest increase in value

Laguna
18-07-12, 08:57
Well, its a fact security remains a key issue in Msia. It's also a fact that houses in districts like Bukit Indah, Horizon Hill, East Ledang etc have appreciated much in value. For those who are concerned with security, you may want to consider buying for investment (capital gain) rather than for own stay. After all, these properties are freehold and can hold out even after years. Looking at the trend, I think prices will continue to rise. Those properties at prime locations with links to major highways that have been built around Iskandar project region and to Tuas, causeway have registered the greatest increase in value

yes, investors looking for gain.
Appreciation is a matter of relative.
If u take the price gain in Iskandar, together with the depreciation of M$, what is the effective gain? and compare to those in Singapore and HK, or even other asset class, the result is that, investment there may not be so attractive.

BTW, do u have the number of the gain in that area? I only have the Johor property price index in general but not Iskandar?

DC33_2008
18-07-12, 09:06
Looking at the downside, losses from malaysian properties may not be so bad as compared to properties in Singapore when recession comes.
If u take the price gain in Iskandar, together with the depreciation of M$, what is the effective gain? and compare to those in Singapore and HK, or even other asset class, the result is that, investment there may not be so attractive.

BTW, do u have the number of the gain in that area? I only have the Johor property price index in general but not Iskandar?

kane
18-07-12, 09:21
You just hope you don't get an abandoned project.

DC33_2008
18-07-12, 09:45
Risk is always there. Cash Rich and Reputable developer is important.

phantom_opera
18-07-12, 09:59

+Like :old-chinese-guy:

hyenergix
18-07-12, 10:30
+Like :old-chinese-guy:

Developers in Malaysia are very loaded now, thanks to past 2-3 years of frenzy buying by foreigners, so unlikely to see developers bankrupt and run off with money. Anyway stick to better developers.

graveyard
18-07-12, 11:05

I think prices in Iskandar now are a bit too high now to get a decent capital gain if you were to buy now - still can buy but the capital gain may not be as attractive compared to properties bought few years back when Iskandar project is still in infancy stage. The previous owner of the condo I purchased made a cool RM180K profit and he made the purchase in 2010.
this is what i can offer as an example to illustrate the kind of gain for properties at prime locations in JB. i dont have the iskandar gain info too - one thing i dislike abt msia property is the lack of transparency and details like transaction info whcih frustrates potential investors

Laguna
18-07-12, 13:17
I am waiting for the E&O landed properties in Iskandar. Their land cost is M$25 psf.

Should be around end of the year.

graveyard
18-07-12, 13:26
I am waiting for the E&O landed properties in Iskandar. Their land cost is M$25 psf.

which area? reputable developer!

DC33_2008
18-07-12, 13:39
Developer will mark up the price even higher with so much publicity of Iskandar in the last couple of years: Legoland, educity, medical hub, cleantech hub, etc. Surprise to know that legoland has sold so many annual passes.

gfoo
18-07-12, 13:40
prices for new units have shot up yes. you try selling resale to local buyers, minus off all the hidden and changed tax structures, fees, stamp duties, commissions, legal fees first, exchange rate losses, and see how much you can make. there's a reason why i still have to hold on to one horizon hill unit - can't even buy a decent watch with the profit

hyenergix
18-07-12, 13:55

Do you mean this?

http://www.easternandoriental.com/download/8Feb2012%20-%20E&O%20to%20bring%20wellness%20development%20to%20Johor%20(Property%20Report%20Online).pdf

hyenergix
18-07-12, 13:59
prices for new units have shot up yes. you try selling resale to local buyers, minus off all the hidden and changed tax structures, fees, stamp duties, commissions, legal fees first, exchange rate losses, and see how much you can make. there's a reason why i still have to hold on to one horizon hill unit - can't even buy a decent watch with the profit

There are a lot of middle class Singaporeans now looking forward to own a landed property in a pleasant surround either as weekend homes, retirement homes or an everyday home to lower cost of living. Unfortunately, these properties in Singapore are rare and usually are the extremely expensive GCB. Even small normal inter-terraces are in the region of S$2mil. I believe profit is not the main thrust of the current demand.

graveyard
18-07-12, 13:59
Developer will mark up the price even higher with so much publicity of Iskandar in the last couple of years: Legoland, educity, medical hub, cleantech hub, etc. Surprise to know that legoland has sold so many annual passes.

Demand for the pass is quite high. The price has been revised from original SGD80 tag to SGD100+ if u purchase from SISTEC. SGD80 admits you to USS only once while it admits you to Legoland for one year
so ppl see it as good value. That is, if it opens as scheduled

hyenergix
18-07-12, 14:12

You got bumi unit?

Regulators
18-07-12, 14:15
I was initially thinking of buying something in iskandar, but the prospect for capital appreciation not fantastic n the crime there is getting more jialat by the day. I have switched my focus on klcc. Went up kl recently to recce the place

graveyard
18-07-12, 14:25
I was initially thinking of buying something in iskandar, but the prospect for capital appreciation not fantastic n the crime there is getting more jialat by the day. I have switched my focus on klcc. Went up kl recently to recce the place

how abt Penang? If you are concerned abt crime rate, its lower in Penang but foreigners have to buy properties >RM1 M in Penang. Heftier capital requirement

phantom_opera
18-07-12, 15:01
Investors must learn to do nothing and just enjoy life :cheers5:
Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something :2cents:

Laguna
18-07-12, 15:26
Do you mean this?

http://www.easternandoriental.com/download/8Feb2012%20-%20E&O%20to%20bring%20wellness%20development%20to%20Johor%20(Property%20Report%20Online).pdf

yes, E&O provides good quality products
Unfortunately there is no detacted houses, only Semi-D and terrace...
I saw their landed in Penang, the detacted....dream house...

gfoo
18-07-12, 15:42
You got bumi unit?

not bumi, terrace, kena from foreign buyer law rejig. my other one coz can sell to anyone so that was easier.

gfoo
18-07-12, 15:43
There are a lot of middle class Singaporeans now looking forward to own a landed property in a pleasant surround either as weekend homes, retirement homes or an everyday home to lower cost of living. Unfortunately, these properties in Singapore are rare and usually are the extremely expensive GCB. Even small normal inter-terraces are in the region of S$2mil. I believe profit is not the main thrust of the current demand.

from this perspective you are right.

hyenergix
18-07-12, 15:55
yes, E&O provides good quality products
Unfortunately there is no detacted houses, only Semi-D and terrace...
I saw their landed in Penang, the detacted....dream house...

It doesnt seem cheap from the write-up. I expect launch price from $1.5mil RM and up possibly rivalling the luxurious ones in Horizon Hill and East Ledang, not to mention the hefty maintenance fee for the surrounding.

By the way, Singaporeans are not conditioned to live near mangrove but manicured golf courses. And there is a good health reason to avoid mangrove.

lajia
18-07-12, 18:06

To me, it is still an attraction but not an ideal place to stay....:2cents: :2cents:

Can't imagine the robber can just sneak into your house anytime and this thought has always scare ppl off. Besides, the thought of the traffic JAM also put ppl off...

My opinion. KLCC/Penang would be a better bet. :o

gfoo
18-07-12, 19:06

one of my friends - and he's a very smart and successful property investor - just bought banyan tree next to pavilion/klcc. he and you could be on to something

DC33_2008
18-07-12, 20:31
I heard even high-end houses also turned into house with illegal activities like vice and illegal betting centre. How to conduct spot checks when you are so far away.
one of my friends - and he's a very smart and successful property investor - just bought banyan tree next to pavilion/klcc. he and you could be on to something

Laguna
18-07-12, 21:03

ya, if u count the number of service apartments coming into the market, u will know the situation.

DC33_2008
18-07-12, 21:36
MM2H may be more viable now for singaporean to buy car in malaysia and hire malaysian to fetch them to Singapore when needed with Coe hitting higher today.
Yup. I will be joining MM2H too :p

DC33_2008
18-07-12, 21:48
Singapore Raffles Corporation to open International American School on Iskandar Educity. They expect lots of American expats from the oil and gas industry from eastern Johor. Good news for investors there.

hyenergix
18-07-12, 21:50
MM2H may be more viable now for singaporean to buy car in malaysia and hire malaysian to fetch them to Singapore when needed with Coe hitting higher today.

You seem to be interested in Malaysia properties also :p

I had postponed my initial plan for a new car and went to buy a property instead :D

My car still has 7 years of life-span left, I can wait for COE dip opportunities to buy one ;)

hyenergix
18-07-12, 21:53
Singapore Raffles Corporation to open International American School on Iskandar Educity. They expect lots of American expats from the oil and gas industry from eastern Johor. Good news for investors there.

Once the new refineries are up, usually the down-stream petrochemical companies and logistic companies will go in. That will probably in 3-4 years' time. Our EDB has not been working hard enough and losing investments to JB.

DC33_2008
18-07-12, 21:58
My car has another 4 years to go. It incredible with the new COE. Bought my Car at $49k then. Car to me is just another mode of transport. Will invest in property than in a car.
You seem to be interested in Malaysia properties also :p

I had postponed my initial plan for a new car and went to buy a property instead :D

My car still has 7 years of life-span left, I can wait for COE dip opportunities to buy one ;)

DC33_2008
18-07-12, 21:59
That is why Singapore has to set up Natural Gas station.
Once the new refineries are up, usually the down-stream petrochemical companies and logistic companies will go in. That will probably in 3-4 years' time. Our EDB has not been working hard enough and losing investments to JB.

hyenergix
18-07-12, 22:06
That is why Singapore has to set up Natural Gas station.

The LNG is for energy n water security. A large portion of our water will be from energy intensive sea water purification. I expect electricity n water bills to go up a lot if our water n NG contracts r not renewed w our neighbours.

hyenergix
23-07-12, 07:19

I hope this completes the tax incentive (among others) here completes the puzzle: http://www.iskandarmalaysia.com.my/faqs

6. What are the tax incentives available for an IDR-Status company?

The tax incentives are:

* Exemption from corporate income tax for a period of 10 years in respect of statutory income derived from qualifying activity carried out within the approved node for customers situated within the approved node and outside Malaysia or wholly for customers outside Malaysia. Such activities must commence on or before 31 December 2015; and

* Exemption from compliance with the withholding tax provisions on payment of royalty and services fee to non-residents for a period of 10 years from commencement of operations.

If you haven't noticed, Singapore's crime rate seem to be increasing as well. A lot of them are just classified under civil cases. It is just our controlled media at work.

carbuncle
23-07-12, 12:45
More S'poreans cross Causeway to buy homes Straits Times: Sun, Jul 22

When Ms June Chan first went to Johor Baru to scout for potential properties in February, she spotted a villa going for a pretty price.

Built on a sprawling 16,000 sq ft compound was a single-storey bungalow with three rooms and a swimming pool. It was in the Leisure Farm development, in Johor's Iskandar region. The price: RM3.8 million ($1.52 million).

Within two months, Ms Chan, 52, decided it was a good deal and plunged in.

'It's a second home for living in while my Singapore house is for rental,' said Ms Chan, who is single and retired from a multinational corporation two years ago. She is now doing humanitarian work.

With property prices rising in Singapore, more Singaporeans have begun looking to Malaysia for investment or to buy their second homes. The weakening Malaysian ringgit, the lure of owning landed property and familiarity with the country are reasons they cite for looking north.

The Malaysian property market has been heating up in recent years, much like in the rest of Asia.

Official figures from Malaysia Property Inc - an agency that promotes Malaysia's real estate internationally - the total transaction value of real estate in Malaysia was RM137.8 billion last year, up 28 per cent from RM107.4 billion in 2010.

About 2 per cent of that figure is foreign investment.

Johor has seen the strongest surge in interest from foreign investors in the past year, according to the agency.

In the first half of 2010, foreigners made up only 4 per cent of Johor property transactions, for properties priced above RM1 million. In the corresponding period last year, however, that figure shot up to 25 per cent.

Much of the demand has been generated by the buzz over the Iskandar region, earmarked by the Malaysian government as a major growth area for the country.

There are also now big Singapore companies investing in Iskandar.

Temasek Holdings has a joint-venture project with Malaysia's sovereign wealth fund Khazanah Nasional to develop land in Iskandar. CapitaLand has been appointed project manager for a 2ha urban wellness project in Medini North, a region in Iskandar.

Growing interest

Property agents have also been pulling out the stops to get Singaporeans interested by advertising, conducting roadshows and taking busloads of potential investors on property tours.

Ms Donna Lim, property agency HSR's overseas department head, said the number attending its property exhibitions has risen sharply from last year. Agents say the number of transactions by Singaporeans has also risen.

While there is no official data, agents like Propnex say that Singaporeans bought 50 units in the second quarter of the year, compared to around 25 units in the first three months. It is marketing five projects there in total, located in Johor, Kuala Lumpur and Cyberjaya.

Mr Peter Lim, head of Leisure Farm Singapore, which arranges free trips for buyers, said Singaporeans had bought 35 units in the development over the past two months, compared to about a dozen in the first two months of the year.

Mr Edwin Tan, director of the Paragon Residences @ Straits View Malaysia project, also in Iskandar, said Singaporeans booked 116 units at a roadshow earlier this month, compared with 54 bookings from Malaysians.

Apart from Singaporeans, Malaysians living in Singapore have also been buying property there.

Lecturer Jude Nesa Rajah, 51, bought his first JB property on impulse eight years ago after seeing the developer's promotional booth at a shopping centre. He paid RM100,000 for the 1,016 sq ft unit in Bukit Indah. It is now worth RM220,000.

A Singapore permanent resident and father of two, he said: 'My investment is literally paying for itself... we've been renting out the place for seven years now, for RM1,000 a month.'

He said he is looking to invest in more properties when the market cools, adding that he hopes to retire there with his 48-year-old wife, a teacher.

While Johor properties have always seen demand, now Singaporeans are also heading further north, scouting for potential investments in Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Malacca.

Ms Lily Tan, senior marketing and sales manager at Hunza Properties, said Singaporeans were the top buyers of Hunza's newest condominium Gurney Paragon in Penang, making up about 15 per cent of total unit sales.

But unlike those who buy property in Johor as their second or retirement homes, Singaporeans who buy in Kuala Lumpur and Penang tend to view purchases as investments, said PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail.

Ms Goh Yu Ming, 32, bought a 4,000 sq ft condominium unit in Kuala Lumpur's main shopping district, Jalan Bukit Bintang, last year for RM2 million. Ms Goh, who works in investor relations, believes she can get a rental yield of 6 to 8 per cent.

Rental yields in commercial hubs like Kuala Lumpur and Penang range from 5 per cent to 6 per cent, while in Johor they are typically 4 per cent to 6 per cent. In contrast, Singapore residential properties generally yield 2 per cent to 3per cent, consultants said.

The weakening of the ringgit against the Singapore dollar is expected to further stimulate demand. It has fallen by 2.7 per cent in the past year to reach a 14-year low against the Singapore dollar.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Hot property

Singaporeans booked 116 units at a roadshow this month, compared with 54 bookings from Malaysians, said Mr Edwin Tan, director of the Paragon Residences @ Straits View Malaysia project in Iskandar.

WHAT BUYERS NEED TO KNOW

Q: How can a buyer get financing?

As in Singapore, a buyer will be referred to a banker through property agents, sales executives working for the developer, lawyers, or via walk-ins at bank branches.

Q: What is the rate for a home loan?

Rates range from 4 per cent to 5 per cent.

Q: What loan-to-value (LTV) ratio can buyers get?

For foreigners, most financial institutions grant loans of 70 per cent to 80 per cent of the purchase price.

Q: What is the minimum purchase amount?

That depends on the state. It ranges from RM250,000 (S$99,700) in Johor to RM1 million in Penang.

The minimum is half a million ringgit in Kuala Lumpur.

Q: Is there stamp duty?

Locals and foreigners pay stamp duty from 1 per cent to 3 per cent for purchases.

Q: What other fees are there?

There is a tax of 5 per cent if Singaporeans sell the house after holding it for less than five years. The tax is 10 per cent if the house is sold within two years.

Buyers also have to pay property tax. This is generally 6 per cent of the annual rental value of residential properties and payable in two instalments.

Answers by Coreen Kwan, head of retail banking at CIMB Bank Singapore

hyenergix
23-07-12, 22:20
ST article was quoted in Malaysia media. Interesting comments by Malaysians.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/singaporeans-snap-up-malaysian-property-as-ringgit-weakens/

ctng78
29-11-12, 08:57
it depends on which area - KL and Penang has many condos while JB has lesser, though the numbers are creeping up. Many condos in msia are mismanaged so potential investors should go for those with good track record. Its a well known fact many condos in Penang have excellent sea view and many of them are spacious units (>2000 sqf) costing over RM 1M. Property over there is highly valued as the state has limited land, has a vibrant healthy economy due to the many plants and factories, high literacy rate (many speak English over there), security (lower crime rate compared to that in other states)

in JB, generally popular condos fetch higher rent than most landed houses. These are typically located in prime locations and has good views. Thesse popular condos include Molek Pine, Prime Regency, Straits View and Aloha Towers. I am vested in Aloha Towers and main attraction of this condo is its spacious units (1700sqf standard up to 3000+ for penthouse), good view (high units get unblocked view of city (the clock) and strats of johor), nice environment (windy even for low floors as the condo is on high ground), high security and proximity to Spore (5mins car ride to CIQ), international schools and the govt hospital which brings in potential tenants by season. other condos listed here are quality and most can fetch >RM2000 in mth rent while landed in clustered locations can barely fetch RM2000

Several condos have sprung up recently in JB (Tropez Residence by Dijaya - a reputable developer specializing in buidling luxurious apartments in KL) and a few including one which will integrate with KSL city and one nearby DP Plaza, Zion Hotel. These new condos average >RM600 psf whcih is a big jump from the older condos whch average RM350 psf

For landed, investors can look at nusajaya, bukit indah, horizon hill, east ledang.
many sporeans are familiar with horizon hill with beautiful landscape and a well maintained golf course. those with bigger budgets can go for east ledang villas which can cost RM2M above

Hi Sir, I intend to buy Aloha Tower Johor for investment, easy to rent out?

ctng78
29-11-12, 09:00

Sorry your mailbox full. I intend to ask you.

hyenergix
29-11-12, 12:17
Sorry your mailbox full. I intend to ask you.

Bubble in condos is forming, go for G&G FH landed.

roly8
29-11-12, 12:32

is this G&G FH landed in johor?
:o

ctng78
29-11-12, 12:41
Thank for the respond. What is G&G?

hyenergix
29-11-12, 12:43
Thank for the respond. What is G&G?

Gated AND guarded.

Just to add, I'm not a guru here. Best is to research and judge yourself. It only worries me when I read from forums in recent months that many investors are buying new expensive condos intending to sub-sale or rent out.

Shanhz
29-11-12, 13:24
Gated AND guarded.

Just to add, I'm not a guru here. Best is to research and judge yourself. It only worries me when I read from forums in recent months that many investors are buying new expensive condos intending to sub-sale or rent out.

my Malaysian friends tell me rental in m'sia sucks. they themselves also very very selective if they want to invest for rental. be very careful.

pool100
16-04-13, 01:30
my Malaysian friends tell me rental in m'sia sucks. they themselves also very very selective if they want to invest for rental. be very careful.

You're right.

The prices in Iskandar are priced for foreigners. Like it or not, it's probably going to be close to impossible to rent to locals based on the selling price of the property. Will the locals buy at Iskandar too? I doubt there will be many who can afford.

So that leaves the target tenant pool to expats. Sub-sale market is also non-existent now. At least KL is proven and tested.

It's a very, very risky game at iskandar.

latour
16-04-13, 09:06
You're right.

The prices in Iskandar are priced for foreigners. Like it or not, it's probably going to be close to impossible to rent to locals based on the selling price of the property. Will the locals buy at Iskandar too? I doubt there will be many who can afford.

So that leaves the target tenant pool to expats. Sub-sale market is also non-existent now. At least KL is proven and tested.

But I heard there are projects going to be launch soon, selection of unit is via ballot, and its already about 2 to 3 times over-subscribed from expression of interest registration? Some ppl says Iskandar is so big it depends on where?

yaozong7
16-04-13, 14:25
You're right.

Malaysians/PRs working in SG are also a potential tenant pool. This tends to consist of malaysians whose hometowns are in faraway areas like Klang Valley, Negri Sembilan, Ipoh, Sarawak. A few friends share to rent the entire house & they will park at CIQ to travel by bus into SG.

As for the local buyers, do not underestimate the PRs. In fact, they form one of the biggest group of property buyers in Johor, more than Singaporeans.

hyenergix
17-04-13, 07:36
You're right.

Sub-sales and prices are going up, because prime land is exhausting. Many recent property investors are finding launches in those areas fully or nearly fully sold. Next year we should see more SMEs shifting over to JB, which will lead to greater demand for housing for workers. The new found prosperity by the Johoreans due to higher paying jobs or strong factory orders will prompt them to invest in properties. There should be another big wave of buying next year driven by these two groups, on top of current growing demand by Singaporeans and PRs. Rem to go for G&G FH landed near 1st and 2nd link.

lajia
17-04-13, 09:33
I would be very keen to find out about the subsale and up rising price u mentioned, do u have more eg? Or where we can find such data base? What prime land are u talking about? mrt at doorstep or shopping mall? i would assume 10 out of 10 property owners would own a car and are u willing to pay extra 100k? 200k to be in what u call prime land? Or stay 1-2km away to save that amount? There will be more SMEs moving over and that's the garmen objective. Labour intensive industries. So u think all these workers would be able to rent your foreigner priced property? What rental yield is that?

Just my opinion, as many said, untested market...

Sub-sales and prices are going up, because prime land is exhausting. Many recent property investors are finding launches in those areas fully or nearly fully sold. Next year we should see more SMEs shifting over to JB, which will lead to greater demand for housing for workers. The new found prosperity by the Johoreans due to higher paying jobs or strong factory orders will prompt them to invest in properties. There should be another big wave of buying next year driven by these two groups, on top of current growing demand by Singaporeans and PRs. Rem to go for G&G FH landed near 1st and 2nd link.

eng81157
17-04-13, 09:53
just to share a story

X bought a semi-d in Iskandar region at $300k+, and now value has risen to about $600k. Sounds good eh? But reality is there is no buyer in spite putting the unit up for sale.

this is just anecdotal evidence and may not be a true picture of the market

yaozong7
17-04-13, 10:06
just to share a story

X bought a semi-d in Iskandar region at $300k+, and now value has risen to about $600k. Sounds good eh? But reality is there is no buyer in spite putting the unit up for sale.

Bro, if its a freehold gated & guarded semi-d in chinese areas near 1st & 2nd link, there's no way it wont go for RM$600K. The new inter-terraces launches are already at this level now.

Semi-d are going way above >RM 1m now for new launches, in chinese areas near 1st & 2nd link (eg near Bukit Indah, Sutera Utama, Molek, Austin, Permas Jaya).

hyenergix
17-04-13, 10:17
just to share a story

$600k RM is the price for a run-down terrace at these prime areas. Most semi-Ds (not cluster semi-D) are easily more than $1mil RM range. Your information is out-dated by 2-3 years.

hyenergix
17-04-13, 10:21
I would be very keen to find out about the subsale and up rising price u mentioned, do u have more eg? Or where we can find such data base? What prime land are u talking about? mrt at doorstep or shopping mall? i would assume 10 out of 10 property owners would own a car and are u willing to pay extra 100k? 200k to be in what u call prime land? Or stay 1-2km away to save that amount? There will be more SMEs moving over and that's the garmen objective. Labour intensive industries. So u think all these workers would be able to rent your foreigner priced property? What rental yield is that?

Just my opinion, as many said, untested market...

Don't look down on JB. Be always on guard. Singapore's manufacturing is not doing very well. Many big SMEs are also shifting there. Even our traditiona strong hold in marine, petrochemicals and pharmaceutical industries and the new aerospace industries are being challenged. You will get a better picture in 1-2 years when they start up.

lajia
17-04-13, 10:34
Im not looking down on JB. Do you know what is the most important for a corp to setup in a region?
Human resources....it take so many years for singapore to do that do you realise or you have forgotten??
So for Iskandar, very clear, for the next 5 to 10 yrs or maybe even more, like it or not, it is going to be those labour intensive industries. u think our garmen so silly to setup something to compete with ourselves?? what we want is complementary to each other, not competition. So as I already said, what category of workers are mostly there and you think they can afford to rent your property?
why do you think we want to setup rail or even mrt to Iskandar?? to make it convenient for Singaporean to come home my friend...the more convenient it is, the more they will not buy property there, it is reverse of what you are thinking...:o :2cents:

Don't look down on JB. Be always on guard. Singapore's manufacturing is not doing very well. Many big SMEs are also shifting there. Even our traditiona strong hold in marine, petrochemicals and pharmaceutical industries and the new aerospace industries are being challenged. You will get a better picture in 1-2 years when they start up.

hyenergix
17-04-13, 10:34
why do you think we want to setup rail or even mrt to Iskandar?? to make it convenient for Singaporean to come home my friend...the more convenient it is, the more they will not buy property there, it is reverse of what you are thinking...:o :2cents:

MRT will do the exact opposite of what you predicted.

eng81157
17-04-13, 10:37
Bro, if its a freehold gated & guarded semi-d in chinese areas near 1st & 2nd link, there's no way it wont go for RM$600K. The new inter-terraces launches are already at this level now.

Semi-d are going way above >RM 1m now for new launches, in chinese areas near 1st & 2nd link (eg near Bukit Indah, Sutera Utama, Molek, Austin, Permas Jaya).

the issue isn't about the selling price or location. it's the chasm between a paper gain and the difficulty of getting a buyer in spite of the booming market.

hyenergix
17-04-13, 10:40
the issue isn't about the selling price or location. it's the chasm between a paper gain and the difficulty of getting a buyer in spite of the booming market.

You are right. Sub-sale is just catching up. Give it 1-2 more years.

yaozong7
17-04-13, 10:43

MRT is not to make it more convenient for Singaporeans to come home lah. It is to make it more convenient to attract Malaysians to live in JB & work in SG. Many companies have quotas for Malaysian workers but not for PRC. But the companies cant find enuff malaysian workers now.

The idea is that Malaysians are better attuned to the Singapore culture. This is shown by the new HDB rental policy on foreigners, which specifically excludes Malaysians. At the same time, while we need these workers to work for SMEs & MNCs, we do not want them to compete for living space in SG. Hence the MRT is a great solution to the problem of living space.

hyenergix
17-04-13, 10:45
Too bored today. Come in to TCSS :D

SG property for investment is almost dead. Iskandar is more interesting :p

Election is coming. Hopefully things become even better.

hyenergix
17-04-13, 10:48
MRT is not to make it more convenient for Singaporeans to come home lah. It is to make it more convenient to attract Malaysians to live in JB & work in SG. Many companies have quotas for Malaysian workers but not for PRC. But the companies cant find enuff malaysian workers now.

The idea is that Malaysians are better attuned to the Singapore culture. This is shown by the new HDB rental policy on foreigners, which specifically excludes Malaysians. At the same time, while we need these workers to work for SMEs & MNCs, we do not want them to compete for living space in SG. Hence the MRT is a great solution to the problem of living space.

My neighbours are actually PRs from Malaysia who shifted back to JB to stay at night and over the weekend while still working in Singapore during weekdays. They take advantage of the lower cost of living in JB and higher purchasing power of SGD. Best of both world. This is the model many PRs and Singaporeans will adopt in the next few years.

lajia
17-04-13, 10:51
many ppl think about safety, cost secondary....you are just reverse which i did not say you are wrong. you just valued different things in life...
if you have children, wife or even have to be on business trip often, you will never want to stay there. anyway, just offering my views, i could be wrong about the MRT thingy...

MRT will do the exact opposite of what you predicted.

hyenergix
17-04-13, 10:55
many ppl think about safety, cost secondary....you are just reverse which i did not say you are wrong. you just valued different things in life...
if you have children, wife or even have to be on business trip often, you will never want to stay there. anyway, just offering my views, i could be wrong about the MRT thingy...

Just TCSS only. Don't take it too seriously.

lajia
17-04-13, 11:04
i also tcss....:D

Just TCSS only. Don't take it too seriously.

hyenergix
17-04-13, 11:06
i also tcss....:D

I'm renovating my JB house now. But seriously it is really a nice change from the crowded and expensive Singapore. I'm looking forward to plant some fruit trees and flowering shrubs and orchids in my little garden :D

eng81157
17-04-13, 11:12
My neighbours are actually PRs from Malaysia who shifted back to JB to stay at night and over the weekend while still working in Singapore during weekdays. They take advantage of the lower cost of living in JB and higher purchasing power of SGD. Best of both world. This is the model many PRs and Singaporeans will adopt in the next few years.

while there are nice stories, i've got a bad one to share as well.

ex colleague, an Ang moh PR, married a Jap and has two kids. shifted to JB, near the 2nd link, to take advantage of the cheaper living costs. kids studied in singapore and relied on the dad to ferry them

shortly after the shift, he died in his sleep. family was in a new, alien environment and wife can't drive or make her way around and had to struggle with a death in the family.

to point is, there are trade-offs too

hyenergix
17-04-13, 11:18
while there are nice stories, i've got a bad one to share as well.

ex colleague, an Ang moh PR, married a Jap and has two kids. shifted to JB, near the 2nd link, to take advantage of the cheaper living costs. kids studied in singapore and relied on the dad to ferry them

shortly after the shift, he died in his sleep. family was in a new, alien environment and wife can't drive or make her way around and had to struggle with a death in the family.

to point is, there are trade-offs too

Death of a husband and bread-winner is a drastic change to a family. Please rem to buy insurance and learn to drive. They are not native to Singapore in the first place.

lajia
17-04-13, 11:20
i know, i also want to have big piece of land and have a garden. most of us can easily afford a house there. but many just cant do it because of family safety...and also, friends, relatives, and your memories....:D i dont mind paying more for safety then anything else....money can earn back, but there are many things money cannot buy....

I'm renovating my JB house now. But seriously it is really a nice change from the crowded and expensive Singapore. I'm looking forward to plant some fruit trees and flowering shrubs and orchids in my little garden :D

eng81157
17-04-13, 11:22
Death of a husband and bread-winner is a drastic change to a family. Please rem to buy insurance and learn to drive. They are not native to Singapore in the first place.

while they aren't native to singapore, you can't deny it is easier to live in SG compared to JB

hyenergix
17-04-13, 11:44
while they aren't native to singapore, you can't deny it is easier to live in SG compared to JB

I think it is opposite. SG is just easier for kids to study and for adults to make money that's all. The quality of life is actually lower in SG for the lower and middle income.

hyenergix
17-04-13, 11:45
i know, i also want to have big piece of land and have a garden. most of us can easily afford a house there. but many just cant do it because of family safety...and also, friends, relatives, and your memories....:D i dont mind paying more for safety then anything else....money can earn back, but there are many things money cannot buy....

I'm not sure. I kenna robbed by SG government everyday. The big income tax is coming :(

eng81157
17-04-13, 12:43
I think it is opposite. SG is just easier for kids to study and for adults to make money that's all. The quality of life is actually lower in SG for the lower and middle income.

how can it be opposite when you agree it is easier to live in SG???!!!! :banghead:

latour
17-04-13, 13:00
Agree, SG property excitment is like dead. This forum is getting more interesting... and I'm still thinking!

Rosy
17-04-13, 13:15
It will be interesting to hear if anyone managed to cash out their iskandar properties recently?

teddybear
17-04-13, 13:20
I think he said it's easier to find job and work here and the children can have good education in Singapore. Other that, everything is good in Malaysia. Let respect his view.

how can it be opposite when you agree it is easier to live in SG???!!!! :banghead:

Rosy
17-04-13, 13:22
Many are lured to the landed dreams.

leesg123
17-04-13, 13:46
Many are lured to the landed dreams.Or would it turn out as nightmare on iskandar street? :scared-1:

hyenergix
17-04-13, 14:00
Many are lured to the landed dreams.

You are right. It is cheaper than cars in Singapore that have only 10 years lease. At least the landed there are spacious don't have the stupid neighbours' or visitors cars parking along the road and blocking your way in/out like in Singapore.

hyenergix
17-04-13, 14:02
I think he said it's easier to find job and work here and the children can have good education in Singapore. Other that, everything is good in Malaysia. Let respect his view.

You are very right, except the need to take a bit more precaution in public places ;)

hyenergix
17-04-13, 14:09
End of TCSS :p

yaozong7
17-04-13, 14:54
End of TCSS :p

So which projects did you buy? I am into 'little japan' area. 1 already TOP & the other in 1 year's time. Me not greedy. 25% capital gain can liao lah. :)

hyenergix
17-04-13, 15:27
So which projects did you buy? I am into 'little japan' area. 1 already TOP & the other in 1 year's time. Me not greedy. 25% capital gain can liao lah. :)

In Nusa Bestari (beside Bukit Indah) and in Desa Tebrau (beside Tebrau Jusco) :p The first one has already TOP end of last year and the second one will be ready end of next year. I think Japanese are buying properties and gold as their yen is depreciating. I expect more Japanese to buy in and near Molek.

TMATT
17-04-13, 17:22
Just some sharing on Malaysia property ( although we are vett too)

1. Search Malaysia Iproperty or property guru, lot of units was renting out after TOP in KL, will it be a day Iskandar got 300 condo project with 240,000 unit rent out by 2018? :scared-4:
Question is - who rent from us? :beats-me-man:

2. KL condo rental is about $2-$3psf, while in Johor is untested market, we even see M$2000 monthly for a 2500sqft unit .... :doh:
( anyone know Malaysia got similar URA type of information that show all true transaction , sale & rent , ???)

3. Be aware of the SOME developer / agent promoting Malaysia property.
They block up all the good unit, they raise price higher compare to those sell at Malaysia. Some even want you to spend few thousand join their investor club to " promise" you can get the good unit "that already be sold".
( Just wonder do MAS aware such illegal way of doing business)

Of course, using S$300K to buy a 4000sqft semi D with nice garden is a good decision, as long for self stay with good security!
However, for investment ... We will be extra caution. Tks

star
17-04-13, 19:20
It is about prestigious, the more expensive, more exclusive and limited. In Singapore if u live in a landed property it is a big deal but in malaysia if u stay in landed property no big deal. Singapore land is limited like limited watches, limited model cars and everyone sought after.

hyenergix
18-04-13, 23:30
It is about prestigious, the more expensive, more exclusive and limited. In Singapore if u live in a landed property it is a big deal but in malaysia if u stay in landed property no big deal. Singapore land is limited like limited watches, limited model cars and everyone sought after.

Most buyers of landed in Malaysia r buying an alternative cheaper n better quality lifestyle to Singapore. It is not abt prestige.

teddybear
18-04-13, 23:56
How is it better quality lifestyle when you have to be always on the guard and the chance of your house being burglared and you being mugged/robbed on the road and at home is a few times higher hah?

Most buyers of landed in Malaysia r buying an alternative cheaper n better quality lifestyle to Singapore. It is not abt prestige.

hyenergix
19-04-13, 07:14
How is it better quality lifestyle when you have to be always on the guard and the chance of your house being burglared and you being mugged/robbed on the road and at home is a few times higher hah?

In Singapore you rob yourself first everyday and give the money to the government. Less traumatic but kenna robbed more in the end.

lajia
19-04-13, 08:03
Bro, it is quite a pity that u think our tax system is robbing u or that some of the things u paid are overly priced....we don't have the best system, but, we are not the worst. In ASEAN, or even ASIA per se, we are in fact among the top in my opinion.
Getting rob at gun point and being taxed, or paying for services are not totally different thing...
I mean if u really think this way, my suggestion is leave the country ASAP to be a happy man for u....
:2cents:

In Singapore you rob yourself first everyday and give the money to the government. Less traumatic but kenna robbed more in the end.

teddybear
19-04-13, 08:47
Will we see more and more of this :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2308344/Petronella-Wyatt-Its-hell-posh-poor.html

:scared-1:

Laguna
19-04-13, 11:06
I met my chartist earlier this week and he was very keen to buy into Iskandar. So I posted to him a few questions and ask him to give answers to himself

SME :
1. If you are a worker in JB, you prefer to work in SG or Iskandar? (this is the potential issue for SME to hire workers from JB).
2. No deep sea port and international airport
3. When the machine breakdown, who can repair?

Medical Hub
1. If you are poor, would you seek your medical treatment in C class in SGH or Iskandar ?
2. If you are rich/average income, would you go Iskandar for medical treatment?
3. If you have emergency illness or flu, would you go Iskandar?

Edu Hub
1. Would the rich send their children to Iskandar for their international school? (security and safety)
2. Would the average send their children for education ?

Demand and Supply of property
1. What is the supply of property there especially condo? (unlimited)
2. Who are the buyers ? Marginal / weak buyer
3. can they afford the mortagage payment upon TOP?
4. Who is going to buy from you or rent from you?
5. How often you will use it as second home?
6. What is their interest rate?

lajia
19-04-13, 13:56
unfortunately, these are not in those minds who vest in Iskandar....or i should say less effect on them...
u know what they think??

>> wa cheap le...lose also wont lose much. furthermore, now 500K RM, by the time 3 yrs later TOP, other development will be selling 1mil RM....

cheong eh...:D

I met my chartist earlier this week and he was very keen to buy into Iskandar. So I posted to him a few questions and ask him to give answers to himself

SME :
1. If you are a worker in JB, you prefer to work in SG or Iskandar? (this is the potential issue for SME to hire workers from JB).

Medical Hub
1. If you are poor, would you seek your medical treatment in C class in SGH or Iskandar ?

Edu Hub
1. Would the rich send their children to Iskandar for their international school? (security and safety)

yaozong7
19-04-13, 14:09
unfortunately, these are not in those minds who vest in Iskandar....or i should say less effect on them...
u know what they think??

>> wa cheap le...lose also wont lose much. furthermore, now 500K RM, by the time 3 yrs later TOP, other development will be selling 1mil RM....

cheong eh...:D

You do realise that the overwhelming bulk of buyers are locals right? For the higher-end properties, a lot of them are purchased by Malaysians/PR working in SG. Many such locals buy SG cars and commute daily to SG, including bankers and engineers. I personally know of a banker who commutes daily to raffles place in his bmw. And yes, he's a PR.

As for the SMEs, do you know that our dear govt agencies are bringing companies on iskandar tours, actively marketing them to the SME towkays?

What can the SME lose? Just pay the skilled workers close to SGD rates and bring in foreigners for the unskilled jobs. The bigger SME already save 2-3 million (at least) on factory cost without considering utilities & salaries. Most importantly, at least there is space for them to expand their factory, unlike in SG.

Rysk
19-04-13, 17:05
You do realise that the overwhelming bulk of buyers are locals right? For the higher-end properties, a lot of them are purchased by Malaysians/PR working in SG. Many such locals buy SG cars and commute daily to SG, including bankers and engineers. I personally know of a banker who commutes daily to raffles place in his bmw. And yes, he's a PR.

As for the SMEs, do you know that our dear govt agencies are bringing companies on iskandar tours, actively marketing them to the SME towkays?

What can the SME lose? Just pay the skilled workers close to SGD rates and bring in foreigners for the unskilled jobs. The bigger SME already save 2-3 million (at least) on factory cost without considering utilities & salaries. Most importantly, at least there is space for them to expand their factory, unlike in SG.

Just recently had a meeting with JTC with regard to the renewal of lease for industrial land.. And the latest direction by the gov is clear.. they are tightening and controlling for letting companies continue occupying on a big piece of land.
And in fact, all new development for new leasing are all on smaller plot of land

And this is what she told me:

"Due to the scarcity of land in Singapore, lease renewal is not automatic. As a developmental agency, JTC is entrusted to ensure that Singapore’s limited industrial land resources are put to the best possible use. Every application for lease renewal is subjected to Singapore’s long term planned use of the land in question, as well as its capability to support economic growth and advancement of the nation... blah blah blah"

phantom_opera
19-04-13, 17:08
Just recently had a meeting with JTC with regard to the renewal of lease for industrial land.. And the latest direction by the gov is clear.. they are tightening and controlling for letting companies continue occupying on a big piece of land.
And in fact, all new development for new leasing are all on smaller plot of land

"Due to the scarcity of land in Singapore, lease renewal is not automatic. As a developmental agency, JTC is entrusted to ensure that Singapore’s limited industrial land resources are put to the best possible use. Every application for lease renewal is subjected to Singapore’s long term planned use of the land in question, as well as its capability to support economic growth and advancement of the nation... blah blah blah"

thanks for update ... property price (no matter industrial, commercial or residential) in deed moving in the RIGHT direction

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/190413epaper.jpg

NorthernStar
19-04-13, 17:22
http://www.jobstreet.com.my/jobs/2013/4/default/10/1905603.htm?fr=21&src=12

Salary catching up...

Rysk
19-04-13, 19:31
If you wanted to renew your current industrial land lease which is occupying on a big piece of land.. it will be tough now.. and heard later JTC will increase the rate$ further due to better economy prospect looking ahead.

Some companies already moved & some have the intention to relocate to Johor.. whereby they can get the size (land) they need for their nature of work requirement or expansion.. yet is cheaper

lajia
19-04-13, 19:47
Sme relocate can get the land they want, but not the human resources and the infrastructure. In the end they need to lower their expectation in doing business as well as spending more to attract the right ppl. Gain might be less than losses....

If you wanted to renew your current industrial land lease which is occupying on a big piece of land.. it will be tough now.. and heard later JTC will increase the rate$ further due to better economy prospect looking ahead.

Some companies already moved & some have the intention to relocate to Johor.. whereby they can get the size (land) they need for their nature of work requirement or expansion.. yet is cheaper

hyenergix
19-04-13, 20:44
JB properties r like durains. U either love it v much or u hate it v much. But u cannot have too much bcoz u might fall sick (more risky).

teddybear
19-04-13, 22:13
I already said i perceived that they think property price for industrial, commercial & retail indeed moving in the RIGHT direction, up up up, still very cheap, so that is why no CM Mahmud! :rolleyes:

thanks for update ... property price (no matter industrial, commercial or residential) in deed moving in the RIGHT direction

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/190413epaper.jpg

hyenergix
19-04-13, 23:41
Will we see more and more of this :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2308344/Petronella-Wyatt-Its-hell-posh-poor.html

:scared-1:

Middle income squeeze. It will get a lot more worse in a few years time in SG. Some numbers don't seem to balance. Someone has to pay e bill. Someone's income is pegged partially to lower income group salary growth. It will b rob Peter to pay Paul.

teddybear
20-04-13, 00:17
Looks like the middle-income group will be made to pay more taxes, in the name of progressive tax... They like to tax people who may not even have income, the old, the sick, and the young rather than people who are making big money? Otherwise how to explain implementing GST so that they can cut top income earners' tax by 5% and now more "progressive" tax that taxes wealth on the way but yet abolish estate duty (the great great grandfather of the real tax on wealth)?
To me, there is only 1 reasonable tax - tax on income. All other taxes are simply unreasonable. Why tax people who don't have any income? :doh:

Middle income squeeze. It will get a lot more worse in a few years time in SG. Some numbers don't seem to balance. Someone has to pay e bill. Someone's income is pegged partially to lower income group salary growth. It will b rob Peter to pay Paul.

minority
20-04-13, 08:53
Looks like the middle-income group will be made to pay more taxes, in the name of progressive tax... They like to tax people who may not even have income, the old, the sick, and the young rather than people who are making big money? Otherwise how to explain implementing GST so that they can cut top income earners' tax by 5% and now more "progressive" tax that taxes wealth on the way but yet abolish estate duty (the great great grandfather of the real tax on wealth)?
To me, there is only 1 reasonable tax - tax on income. All other taxes are simply unreasonable. Why tax people who don't have any income? :doh:

rich consume more pay more tax. thats fair.

minority
20-04-13, 08:55

SME :

Medical Hub

Edu Hub

precisely thats why I dont like JB projects.

minority
20-04-13, 08:58

Well JB u get more than robbed. proberlky sodomized too.

hyenergix
20-04-13, 09:01
Well JB u get more than robbed. proberlky sodomized too.

Possible :scared-4:

hyenergix
20-04-13, 09:24

SME :

Medical Hub

Edu Hub

Your info is getting out-dated. Singaporeans and PRs are going up to help Johor expand. Companies are going in also. Singapore government has a big stake in it too. The part on condo supply is still true though. Malaysians are generally hardworking, and given the right transplant of system/process and availability of land (which is suffocating Singapore now), Iskandar will flourish.

hyenergix
20-04-13, 09:30
Senai Airport: http://www.senaiairport.com/press.asp?rootid=100003&menuid=100076&linkid=252

PTP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Tanjung_Pelepas

Medical center: http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20110417-274068.html

and many more...

phantom_opera
20-04-13, 17:41
I already said i perceived that they think property price for industrial, commercial & retail indeed moving in the RIGHT direction, up up up, still very cheap, so that is why no CM Mahmud! :rolleyes:
if u look at US history there is period of high inflation that allows to rich to get richer by financial repression and we are back now with Japan also doing it

of course imagine if china suddenly increase oil import to get rid if using coal as fuel oil price will be 200usd n food price will double

would pollution make this happen faster?

that's why cash is risky

teddybear
20-04-13, 18:30
I believe so too!
Not only that, it is time to convert S$ to other currencies because S$ has peaked. :(

if u look at US history there is period of high inflation that allows to rich to get richer by financial repression and we are back now with Japan also doing it

of course imagine if china suddenly increase oil import to get rid if using coal as fuel oil price will be 200usd n food price will double

would pollution make this happen faster?

that's why cash is risky

Rosy
20-04-13, 18:56
I believe so too!
Not only that, it is time to convert S$ to other currencies because S$ has peaked. :(
Mind sharing which currencies?

I am thinking of Oz and canadian dollar as both are natural resource rich countries. China yuan will be better IF it is fully convertible.

felicia_sg
20-04-13, 19:29
High income earners pay less tax because of 5% income tax cut & abolish of estate duty even after GST & all other tax on wealth included while all others earning so much less have to pay more tax is called fair? :tongue3:

rich consume more pay more tax. thats fair.

felicia_sg
20-04-13, 19:32
Resource-rich countries currencies are good bet, but how are you going to monetize & use them? Don't convert & still put in cash, because cash is depreciating in value! Please invest in income-generating assets.....

I am thinking of Oz and canadian dollar as both are natural resource rich countries. China yuan will be better IF it is fully convertible.

teddybear
20-04-13, 19:48
Invest in currencies of strongest countries in the world should be right.

Komo
20-04-13, 20:34
my take is those hubs there will attract the locals or other foreigners as a cheaper alternative to Singapore... extremely good opportunities for Singapore businesses. :D
As for property, either for retirement there or sell higher to fellow Singaporean lor:D :D

phantom_opera
20-04-13, 22:22
massive urbanization of China will be very inflationary

we are lucky out of BRICS, Russia is net exporter of energy, India is stuck with lousy infra / protectionism and Brazil is agriculture exporter

if all are net importers ... we will be paying even higher oil/food prices

teddybear
20-04-13, 22:31
inflation in Sg has been partially reduced due to high inflated S$, but we know that will not last long... :beats-me-man:

massive urbanization of China will be very inflationary

we are lucky out of BRICS, Russia is net exporter of energy, India is stuck with lousy infra / protectionism and Brazil is agriculture exporter

if all are net importers ... we will be paying even higher oil/food prices

leesg123
21-04-13, 01:09
I wanna laugh when I see the postings.

Malaysia, iskandar, kl, penang, malacca bullish will defend like crazy.

those hate msia to the core will carry on being a bear.

argue for what? if bullish, then keep buying lah. if bearish, then dont buy lah.

who right who wrong, only time will tell lah!

Shanhz
21-04-13, 12:37
just to share a story

My fren bot his detached house for 900 k and now sitting on 600k profit at bukitindah. Where his price come from, im sure its from recent sales. His neighbours house behind him, just sold. There are probably not many buyers but they are basing this price on recent sales. Maybe, ten house will sell one.

Shanhz
21-04-13, 12:41

Indeed, malaysian pr working in sgp and staying in jb is the best deal. Cheap hse, cheap petrol and shopping. Only need to buy one s plate car to commute. My fren is doing just that.

For me, the deal killer is probably facilities that we need for kids .. Childcare, supplementary classes, even gd primary schools. If these are set up in iskandar, it will really fly.

teddybear
21-04-13, 12:47
Try putting on the resale market & see how long to sell at same or better price to most recent highest price transacted?
As it is, there are very few buyers.
Locals mostly can't afford.
Foreigners will be very selective, rather buy new from developers directly.
You don't know when MY gov will flip-flop on their property policy for foreigners, just like SG. (if SG can do it, MY can be even worst!)

It is the same as landed properties in SG. Try to put on market & see how long it will take to sell At most recent highest price in $psf transacted? :banghead:

My fren bot his detached house for 900 k and now sitting on 600k profit at bukitindah. Where his price come from, im sure its from recent sales. His neighbours house behind him, just sold. There are probably not many buyers but they are basing this price on recent sales. Maybe, ten house will sell one.

Shanhz
21-04-13, 12:47

Tis is true. I know of a few co renewing their lease and jtc force them to invest like 20mil on new warehouse in order to get approval. For sme, 20m on new wh is freaking alot of money.

Rysk
21-04-13, 13:10
Tis is true. I know of a few co renewing their lease and jtc force them to invest like 20mil on new warehouse in order to get approval. For sme, 20m on new wh is freaking alot of money.
Yes, so yours is just an example that no more "auto" renewal of JTC lease.. They want to see your business proposal, investment in plant & machinery, etc to prove that you are maximizing the use of your existing land blah blah blah..

The_Way_I_See_It
21-04-13, 16:39
Try putting on the resale market & see how long to sell at same or better price to most recent highest price transacted?
As it is, there are very few buyers.
Locals mostly can't afford.
Foreigners will be very selective, rather buy new from developers directly.
You don't know when MY gov will flip-flop on their property policy for foreigners, just like SG. (if SG can do it, MY can be even worst!)

It is the same as landed properties in SG. Try to put on market & see how long it will take to sell At most recent highest price in $psf transacted? :banghead:

Precisely !! In every kind of investments, know the rules and when .and political risks .... especially in foreign land. Many foreigners bought Singapore properties precisely b'cos they know gahment don't flip flop policy .and the supply/dd conditions .local nad foreigner can buy/sell except for the CM now .. not too sure about..foreign land Scarli JB landed can only be sold to JB natives only ... like that jiaklao liao .and local not interested to spent that kind of money on houses .you are siao in Singapore .. does'nt meant they are also siao in the same way in M'sia :If you think they say Singaporean are smart .. they say you a stupid .. waste 10 years COE money on car .... doh::doh:

hyenergix
21-04-13, 21:07
Precisely !! In every kind of investments, know the rules and when .and political risks .... especially in foreign land. Many foreigners bought Singapore properties precisely b'cos they know gahment don't flip flop policy .and the supply/dd conditions .local nad foreigner can buy/sell except for the CM now .. not too sure about..foreign land Scarli JB landed can only be sold to JB natives only ... like that jiaklao liao .and local not interested to spent that kind of money on houses .you are siao in Singapore .. does'nt meant they are also siao in the same way in M'sia :If you think they say Singaporean are smart .. they say you a stupid .. waste 10 years COE money on car .... doh::doh:

I used to think locals cannot afford big houses in JB too. The more launches I visited, the more I realised that I was wrong. Typical launches restrict foreigners to 20-30% of total units, yet many bungalows and semi-Ds around $1 mil RM are fully sold within months of launch. The locals buying power are far stronger than what I earlier thought, particularly the Chinese businessmen or those working in SG but living in JB (you can see their S-plate and J-plate cars parked in the car porch).

My guess is in the past, JB property prices were stagnant and economy wasn't so good, so many didn't see the benefit of buying a property, now the PRs and Singaporeans are generating the fear that they might not be able to afford one in future, and economy is booming, so more locals are buying for themselves and their children. Sub-sales are picking up because land in good location is getting scarce ;)

teddybear
21-04-13, 21:14
Those >RM 1 Millions mostly bought by foreigners especially Singaporeans lah! Those locals mostly bought waiting to flip lah! How I know? Ha ha ha! I am laughing all the way to the bank.
Heed my words, be developers in Malaysia, not the property buyers!

I used to think locals cannot afford big houses in JB too. The more launches I visited, the more I realised that I was wrong. Typical launches restrict foreigners to 20-30% of total units, yet many bungalows and semi-Ds around $1 mil RM are fully sold within months of launch. The locals buying power are far stronger than what I earlier thought, particularly the Chinese businessmen or those working in SG but living in JB (you can see their S-plate and J-plate cars parked in the car porch).

hyenergix
21-04-13, 21:18
Those >RM 1 Millions mostly bought by foreigners especially Singaporeans lah! Those locals mostly bought waiting to flip lah! How I know? Ha ha ha! I am laughing all the way to the bank.
Heed my words, be developers in Malaysia, not the property buyers!

True for Nusajaya. It is designed to attract spill-over from Singapore.

I din know u r my fan here bcoz u have been following and answering my comments :D

new2mondrian
21-04-13, 23:21
I wanna laugh when I see the postings.

Malaysia, iskandar, kl, penang, malacca bullish will defend like crazy.

those hate msia to the core will carry on being a bear.

argue for what? if bullish, then keep buying lah. if bearish, then dont buy lah.

who right who wrong, only time will tell lah!

I guess that's the same with every thing that involves a choice, Singapore properties included. It is the diversity of views and constructive sharing that moves everyone to a better state of informed decisions. I guess that's the single most valuable asset of this forum - the diversity of views from its own members.

Chill lah bro, everyone is simply here to TCSS. No right or wrong. Just have an open mind to learn. :)

new2mondrian
21-04-13, 23:22
True for Nusajaya. It is designed to attract spill-over from Singapore.

I din know u r my fan here bcoz u have been following and answering my comments :D

Sis, I think we are neighbours! One day we can pop into each other's house to TCSS!

All the best in your renovation!

hyenergix
22-04-13, 07:32
Sis, I think we are neighbours! One day we can pop into each other's house to TCSS!

All the best in your renovation!

You are welcome! Just minor reno to make it a holiday house :)

hyenergix
23-04-13, 12:45
Iskandar, a South-east Asian success story
It's an example of what makes emerging Asia an exciting investment destination
By mark mobius (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/reporter/mark-mobius)

OUR emerging markets team isn't too keen on following crowds. Part and parcel of Templetons' contrarian approach is travelling to places others don't and thinking about the long-term potential in specific industries and companies that aren't even on others' radar screens. One place we've had our eye on for several years now is Iskandar Malaysia, which has been attracting more investor attention recently. I think it is becoming a success story in South-east Asia.

Iskandar is an economic development zone covering 221,634 hectares (2,216.34 sq km) within the southern-most part of Johor, Malaysia, and is named after the late Sultan of Johor, Sultan Iskandar. The region, which includes the city of Johor Baru, encompasses an area about three times the size of Singapore and twice the size of Hong Kong. A product of Malaysian government planning, it contains five development zones and includes a vision for a city that incorporates the latest environmentally friendly or "green" technology in its buildings and landscapes, including renewable energy sources. By 2025, it's expected that about three million people will be living in the area.

In 2012, Legoland opened its first Asian theme park within the region and a diverse variety of business, education and entertainment venues from petrochemicals to food processing to a motor-speedway are opening or in development. It's encouraging that demand is spread across retail, residential and industrial properties. The latter should particularly help bring more economic and job growth to the area.

Of course, when people - particularly foreign investors - flock to a place, it can drive up real estate prices beyond the reach of local residents, but we don't see a bubble building up in Iskandar and property prices are currently reasonable. In the long run, local people in Johor who currently own property could benefit from a rise in their assets.

We think Iskandar is a good example of diligent planning and foresight on the part of the Malaysian government and that the area has now reached what could be described as a "take-off" point. Developments should start to become self-generating, creating a virtuous circle. Singapore, located across a narrow waterway, has a vested interest in Iskandar's success. We think that as long as the close cooperation between Malaysia and Singapore continues, it will be a win-win situation for both countries.

Recently, the two nations announced plans to strengthen economic ties via plans that included further cooperation developing Iskandar, and a high-speed rail link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. We think there's great potential for intra-regional trade and development in South-east Asia, and this is a prime example of that trend.

I've been to Iskandar many times over the past few years, and I've seen an incredible change in the area since the government built a new complex there and the Legoland theme park opened, which really put the area on the map. More than a million visitors are expected to visit the park in 2013, and plans are in the works for a nearby hotel and waterpark.

Iskandar is an example of why we find emerging Asia to be an exciting investment destination. If you look at Asian economies' growth rates versus the developed markets generally, you'll see the divergence. For 2013, the International Monetary Fund projects GDP growth in developing Asia at 7.1 per cent, versus 1.4 per cent for developed markets. In the long run, we believe strong economic growth should eventually translate into higher earnings growth in developing Asia.

Encouraging trend

Inter-Asian trade is on the rise, which we also find to be an encouraging trend. We're seeing increased exports from Asia to China, with exports to the US falling as a percentage of the total, meaning there is less dependence on the US for export growth, and buoyant demand from emerging economies could offset the influence of weakness in the developed world.

Demographics represent another interesting trend which creates a variety of potential investment opportunities, particularly related to the consumer sector. If you examine population pyramids, you'll see that the demographics of emerging Asia indicate a great number of young people, which equates to a lower dependency ratio. As at
2010, the pyramid was skewed younger, whereas in Japan and the US the elderly formed a larger percentage of the total population. These trends are expected to continue diverging.

An issue that could be a double-edged sword for Malaysia and its Asian neighbours is Japan's recently more aggressive policy stance to reinflate its economy. Some believe a weaker yen could create a so-called "currency war" as other nations try to devalue their own currencies to remain competitive in the export market.

However, a weaker yen could also dive investor flows in emerging Asia. We are already seeing stock markets around the world absorbing the impact of all this central bank money printing, and Japan is adding more fuel to the fire. So, as equity investors, we view these actions as positive for regional stock markets, at least in the short run. We believe that the fundamentals support our optimism about emerging Asia broadly, but I have to emphasise that we don't generally apply a top-down approach in our stock selection process. Iskandar is just one example of how we've literally seen a city grow from the ground up and, with it, investment possibilities.

The writer is a leading emerging markets fund manager

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/editorial-opinion/opinion/iskandar-south-east-asian-success-story-20130423

teddybear
01-05-13, 19:02
I's lurking into Malaysian website to find out more about the Malaysian election. Wow! really impressed with their freedom of speech now!

Also, this is a good quality of video especially on the part of the demographic changes of social status! Not sure if Singapore will follow suit in no time?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=459456910805758&set=vb.190023501018234&type=2&theater

leesg123
01-05-13, 20:14
I's lurking into Malaysian website to find out more about the Malaysian election. Wow! really impressed with their freedom of speech now!

Also, this is a good quality of video especially on the part of the demographic changes of social status! Not sure if Singapore will follow suit in no time?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=459456910805758&set=vb.190023501018234&type=2&theaterW

We also got freedom of speech what...
1. Hong Lim park protest
2. TREmeritus
3. Yahoo Singapore article comments.

dare2
01-05-13, 20:56

SME :

With tightening labour restriction in SG, do the workers have a choice?....Penang and KL also depend on out-state migrant workers...

http://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/News.aspx?ElementId=48526a9d-6b4f-4f46-9bca-a3a312b3ceaa

Medical Hub

Many Singaporean are now seeking Medical services in JB and even Malacca..
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/3/31/nation/20130331075430&sec=nation

Why would you if you are in SG, but if you are in Iskandar why would you want to come back to SG for flu treatment?????

Edu Hub

Expatriates here in SG are doing that....and the fees is no cheaper
http://www.marlboroughcollegemalaysia.org
http://www.eis.org.my
Frankly speaking the campus there are better than many International Schools here: purpose built from scratch there vs small old school buildings here except for UWC.

depends on location....we have OCR and CCR and whatever here.....their OCR casn be really outside.....

SPR, PRC and Indo and Japanese are flocking there too.....

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/foreign-property-news/johor-may-double-floor-price-for-foreign-buyers/a/101030

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/3/29/business/12901660&sec=business

http://www.starproperty.my/index.php/property-news/kuoks-investment-may-spur-more-foreign-interest-in-iskandar/

.....renting out your HDB already can finance a landed...

...where are the people going to stay as more industries open up? Expatriates in teh Film industries, Petroleum industries...?

Even those who do not own a 2nd home are shopping there...met 2 colleagues in one afternoon I was there....

What is the inflation rate in Sg? Do money in the bank yield any interest or appreciate in capital value?

....some answers.....

hyenergix
02-05-13, 07:34
Singapore is excellent but things are getting over-priced for the man in the street. Things look normal on the surface but I suspect that the saving rates are on the sharp decline. I project that 10 years from now the situation will not seem to be as rosy.

The problems that will surface when the average person wants to retire are: (i) he finds that the CPF has been used up for property installment for past 30 years, (ii) the savings has not been accumulating fast enough due to high cost of living, education and property down-payment for his children, and perhaps for his own medical treatments, and (iii) whatever savings left are not enough due to inflation.

It is good to have a backup plan for cheaper retirement elsewhere, while it is still cheap to do so at the moment.

teddybear
02-05-13, 08:35
When they are old, they have no job no income (want to work also nobody will employ them), they need more medicine, need to see doctors more often, need to go hospital etc, need all basic necessities to eat and live, they end up needing to pay 7% GST !!!

We are told that most Singaporeans don't have enough money for retirement. That was even before we have 7% GST. Now that there is 7% GST, it is no brainer what is the effect right? And do you think 10 years later GST is still at 7% or higher? I suppose most people probably would have got the right answer (except a few idiots or in denials or with super self-interests)?

So, these people's life have been made worst by 7% GST!
Are these people given rebates by govt to make up for the 7% GST they pay? The answer is obvious. No INCOME, need to pay 7% GST!

Singapore is excellent but things are getting over-priced for the man in the street. Things look normal on the surface but I suspect that the saving rates are on the sharp decline. I project that 10 years from now the situation will not seem to be as rosy.

The problems that will surface when the average person wants to retire are: (i) he finds that the CPF has been used up for property installment for past 30 years, (ii) the savings has not been accumulating fast enough due to high cost of living, education and property down-payment for his children, and perhaps for his own medical treatments, and (iii) whatever savings left are not enough due to inflation.

It is good to have a backup plan for cheaper retirement elsewhere, while it is still cheap to do so at the moment.

hyenergix
02-05-13, 09:08
When they are old, they have no job no income (want to work also nobody will employ them), they need more medicine, need to see doctors more often, need to go hospital etc, need all basic necessities to eat and live, they end up needing to pay 7% GST !!!

We are told that most Singaporeans don't have enough money for retirement. That was even before we have 7% GST. Now that there is 7% GST, it is no brainer what is the effect right? And do you think 10 years later GST is still at 7% or higher? I suppose most people probably would have got the right answer (except a few idiots or in denials or with super self-interests)?

Are these people given rebates by govt to make up for the 7% GST they pay? The answer is obvious. No INCOME, need to pay 7% GST!

Okay, noted your 7% GST. Let's go JB. No GST :p

new2mondrian
02-05-13, 22:34
Spoke with a senior exec working in the Starwood chain today.

He was sharing that Southeast Asia is one of the strongest global growth markets, and in recent years, their properties in Malaysia are experiencing unprecedented growth at the high end business segment. Basically we are looking at C suite execs who are prepared to pay US400 and above in the business segment.

Starwood is entering Malaysia aggressively. St Regis is opening in KL by 2014, W Hotel is opening in 2016. Maybe it's time to take a look at KL.

sgbuyer
02-05-13, 23:12

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=459456910805758&set=vb.190023501018234&type=2&theater

Whole South East Asia is progressing, even Myanmar. Yet Singapore still doing things like chasing after cartoonist.

:p

dare2
04-05-13, 06:48
Whole South East Asia is progressing, even Myanmar. Yet Singapore still doing things like chasing after cartoonist.

....got CM for cartoonist also ....Cartoon Moderation........Cartoon Measure....

Rysk
04-05-13, 11:23

S'pore is progressing also.. going to have a tallest residential block at 290m..
10m more over the current tallest building at 280m :D
http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/guocoland-unveils-tanjong-pagar-plans/a/117023

new2mondrian
04-05-13, 13:48
S'pore is progressing also.. going to have a tallest residential block at 290m..
10m more over the current tallest building at 280m :D
http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/singapore-property-news/guocoland-unveils-tanjong-pagar-plans/a/117023

Looks good, but probably not cheap.

Some of my friends are looking at Astaka as a holiday home. 3.6m ceilings, Gaggenau and Bosch kitchen appliances, full marble floors, full seaview units, Hans Grohe bathroom fittings. Units start from SGD 1M, all units are good sized ones from 2200sqft onwards. But I cannot bring myself to pay S$1M even for a freehold in Iskandar. Though the view should be breathtaking from 50 storeys onwards.

http://newlaunchguru.com/astaka

alamak
04-05-13, 17:39

Remember on National TV the exhortation " GST is to help the Poor" so we must bite the bullet and taste the bitter medicine ..." :banghead: :banghead:

hyenergix
05-05-13, 10:43
Looks good, but probably not cheap.

Some of my friends are looking at Astaka as a holiday home. 3.6m ceilings, Gaggenau and Bosch kitchen appliances, full marble floors, full seaview units, Hans Grohe bathroom fittings. Units start from SGD 1M, all units are good sized ones from 2200sqft onwards. But I cannot bring myself to pay S$1M even for a freehold in Iskandar. Though the view should be breathtaking from 50 storeys onwards.

http://newlaunchguru.com/astaka

Nice but expensive condo at prime location. Average should be $2 mil RM for high floor units with view. Still cheap relative to Singapore's 99LH condos in ulu places.

Finally election time :cheers5:

lionhill
05-05-13, 11:12
Nice but expensive condo at prime location. Average should be $2 mil RM for high floor units with view. Still cheap relative to Singapore's 99LH condos in ulu places.

Finally election time :cheers5:
Wow, 1M.

even if people have a condo in such a prime locaion, they still need a shelter at a ULU place in SG right? otherwise, the tranport time each day is a torture.

if that's the case, isn't it better to use the 1M to upgarde from a Ulu place to a good place in SG?

it means that malaysian property is only for those who have spare money after buying at least one property in SG.

hyenergix
05-05-13, 12:06
Wow, 1M.

even if people have a condo in such a prime locaion, they still need a shelter at a ULU place in SG right? otherwise, the tranport time each day is a torture.

if that's the case, isn't it better to use the 1M to upgarde from a Ulu place to a good place in SG?

it means that malaysian property is only for those who have spare money after buying at least one property in SG.

Surprisingly the big buyers are Malaysians, including the PRs in Singapore. Many Singaporean buyers are buying as 2nd or 3rd property for weekend or retirement use.

latour
06-05-13, 23:02
http://www.starproperty.my/index.php/property-news/mah-sing-to-private-preview-maiden-iskandar-project-near-legoland/

Saw this, there are 4000 expression of interest for this project at Medini Iskandar?

new2mondrian
07-05-13, 16:08
Wow, 1M.

Yup, it's all those people with spare cash now looking at it. I have a couple of friends who sold their landed this year, moved into condos, and pocketed capital gains of $1.5-$2m. All these people are now looking at Astaka. Their parents as well, after having withdrawn their cpf. Everyone is thinking of it as a retirement home. Being in the tallest residential building (301m) has its advantages where it comes to view I suppose.

http://www.theastakaiskandar.com/

But I cannot bring myself to get one, no matter how attractive it seems. At this price, I can get three freehold landed in prime downtown locale of iskandar, or a studio in sgp and a landed in iskandar. Lol.

sunnycarp
07-05-13, 16:50
then how about something super affordable? from only SGD $1xxk. Upfront cash only SGD $10+k. Live in the future central business district of Iskandar at a really affordable price

d'Residences at Medini Iskandar (http://sgpropertyforsale.net/listings/dresidences-medini-iskandar-malaysia/)

Pinball
08-05-13, 07:34
nice project! good view, facilities, living space.

seems to be marketed at high-end and mainly atas living

40% of parking lots are extra-size for rolls-royce??!

Yup, it's all those people with spare cash now looking at it. I have a couple of friends who sold their landed this year, moved into condos, and pocketed capital gains of $1.5-$2m. All these people are now looking at Astaka. Their parents as well, after having withdrawn their cpf. Everyone is thinking of it as a retirement home. Being in the tallest residential building (301m) has its advantages where it comes to view I suppose.

http://www.theastakaiskandar.com/

But I cannot bring myself to get one, no matter how attractive it seems. At this price, I can get three freehold landed in prime downtown locale of iskandar, or a studio in sgp and a landed in iskandar. Lol.

newbie11
08-05-13, 08:20
Why would rich sg stay this condo and park rolls Royce? Not as if they don't have big condos here. Private tunnel still means they have to LL queue in ciq waiting for their turn. Wrong target buyer profile I think

new2mondrian
11-05-13, 12:55
Why would rich sg stay this condo and park rolls Royce? Not as if they don't have big condos here. Private tunnel still means they have to LL queue in ciq waiting for their turn. Wrong target buyer profile I think

Yup. Even if I had S$1M to spare in properties overseas, I'd go for London or New York. For developing countries, only infrastructural equities ought to be considered. But anyway, all these people have $$$ to burn. They are looking at self stay, not investment perspective. From a self stayer view, I can understand why Astaka is attractive. Replicating the same in Sgp will cost at least 8-10 times more. Different folks, different strokes. Lol.

Nonetheless, the trend of the moderately well off with $$$ to burn buying second homes in iskandar is catching on. The sme towkays, the retirees, the avid golfers are the initial wave of my acquaintances now making moves into iskandar. How it pans out, remains to be seen.

hyenergix
11-05-13, 20:20
Many middle class just wants to convert their spare cash into something tangible n potentially useful in future like a weekend or retirement home in a cheaper n less crowded environment rather than seeing their hard-earned cash being inflated away. Most other investment instruments r too complex n risky. This is e key driving force behind Iskandar property boom now.

Rysk
12-05-13, 10:41
Yup. Even if I had S$1M to spare in properties overseas, I'd go for London or New York. For developing countries, only infrastructural equities ought to be considered. But anyway, all these people have $$$ to burn. They are looking at self stay, not investment perspective. From a self stayer view, I can understand why Astaka is attractive. Replicating the same in Sgp will cost at least 8-10 times more. Different folks, different strokes. Lol.

Nonetheless, the trend of the moderately well off with $$$ to burn buying second homes in iskandar is catching on. The sme towkays, the retirees, the avid golfers are the initial wave of my acquaintances now making moves into iskandar. How it pans out, remains to be seen.

For me, I do not have any intention to buy any pty which is far far away just for investment purpose which I can't do much esp. if the pty mkt over there happens to be bad.. just can't help it

I would prefer to buy something with more "choices".. Be it for self stay.. .. weekend holiday home.. or for retirement home.. Investment will be the last in my mind for now.. So my "risk" is much lower in that sense

That why I bought into Iskandar too

rosnyus
12-05-13, 10:42
bestari heights any good?

hyenergix
12-05-13, 10:50
Almost sold out. Location wise it is good.

rosnyus
12-05-13, 10:59
Almost sold out. Location wise it is good.

thanks for the reply! considering to get it for my retirement. price range?

hyenergix
12-05-13, 11:02
thanks for the reply! considering to get it for my retirement. price range?

$1.1 mil RM. Price will be increased by 10% v soon.

hyenergix
12-05-13, 15:59
$1.1 mil RM. Price will be increased by 10% v soon.

Shd b 5%. Prob by next week.

new2mondrian
12-05-13, 17:46

Hey sis, the standard discounts for Bestari still on? My friend is keen, but still thinking. Yeah agree the location is good. Landed yet walkable to Giant and amenities. Nusa Duta is also good, but too bad all sold out.

new2mondrian
12-05-13, 17:49
For me, I do not have any intention to buy any pty which is far far away just for investment purpose which I can't do much esp. if the pty mkt over there happens to be bad.. just can't help it

I would prefer to buy something with more "choices".. Be it for self stay.. .. weekend holiday home.. or for retirement home.. Investment will be the last in my mind for now.. So my "risk" is much lower in that sense

From a self stay perspective, Iskandar makes most sense. My husband was keen on Penang or KL, but both locales are much further from Singapore. We can go there and lim kopi together one day.

hyenergix
12-05-13, 18:46
Hey sis, the standard discounts for Bestari still on? My friend is keen, but still thinking. Yeah agree the location is good. Landed yet walkable to Giant and amenities. Nusa Duta is also good, but too bad all sold out.

Left bumi lots, pending conversion to international lots. But can book first. Shd be less than 20 units left. Discount shd b on. Rumour price increase is next week.

Rysk
12-05-13, 19:30
From a self stay perspective, Iskandar makes most sense. My husband was keen on Penang or KL, but both locales are much further from Singapore. We can go there and lim kopi together one day.

Ya sure.. :cheers4:
Cos Iskandar is near.. So I can choose to stay (be it a weekend home now or future retirement home)
If can't rent out.. is no problem for me..

Sometime I just want to take a break from this noisy & crowded city..

new2mondrian
12-05-13, 20:10
Left bumi lots, pending conversion to international lots. But can book first. Shd be less than 20 units left. Discount shd b on. Rumour price increase is next week.

The location of the Bumi lots are good. If indeed it's those Bumi lots, then paying 5% more is not significant.

By the way, how long did the State of Johor take to approve your FH landed purchase? My purchase request had been lodged for 5 months, still no approval, but only further questions like what's my occupation, my religion blah blah blah. Sigh. 99yr leasehold condos seem to be processed much faster.

Yours approved?

new2mondrian
12-05-13, 20:12
Cos Iskandar is near.. So I can choose to stay (be it a weekend home now or future retirement home)

Sometime I just want to take a break from this noisy & crowded city..

Yup same here. It's a different lifestyle. More laid back. Intend to get a Malaysian car after my place has TOP. Can drive ard Malaysia during school hols. Not bad as a holiday home.

hyenergix
12-05-13, 20:18
The location of the Bumi lots are good. If indeed it's those Bumi lots, then paying 5% more is not significant.

By the way, how long did the State of Johor take to approve your FH landed purchase? My purchase request had been lodged for 5 months, still no approval, but only further questions like what's my occupation, my religion blah blah blah. Sigh. 99yr leasehold condos seem to be processed much faster.

Yours approved?

1st one 1 month+, 2nd one 3 weeks. U got to chase ur (lazy) lawyer.

new2mondrian
12-05-13, 20:36
1st one 1 month+, 2nd one 3 weeks. U got to chase ur (lazy) lawyer.
Omg... Yeah I should write a love letter again to the lawyer. Sigh. Whenever I wrote to him and asked him, he would come back with new questions. Also dunno what's happening. :(

hyenergix
12-05-13, 20:39
Omg... Yeah I should write a love letter again to the lawyer. Sigh. Whenever I wrote to him and asked him, he would come back with new questions. Also dunno what's happening. :(

No such thing as asking religion. Everything is based on e SPA. He is trying to smoke u.

yowetan
12-05-13, 21:00
Hi hyenergix,

Could you share with me how to get a malaysia property?

You can PM me. TIA.

hyenergix
12-05-13, 21:07
Hi hyenergix,

Could you share with me how to get a malaysia property?

You can PM me. TIA.

Good to change job n stabilise financially first before committing to a property. Mt Sinai is a much better property.

yowetan
12-05-13, 21:14
It is a pity that you can't share with me...

Pinball
12-05-13, 21:25
Can advice your thoughts on plus and minus for resi properties between idr zone a and b?

rosnyus
13-05-13, 04:08

wow! must be very hot! was asking around and was told there's a 10% discount? which can be used to pay for the downpayment and hence only 5% needed?

rosnyus
13-05-13, 05:55
some agent told me not to touch bestari heights but look at east ledang.

east ledang super expensive right?:doh:

hyenergix
13-05-13, 07:13

Yes, 10% discount is like Singapore's meaningless 10%+3%+2% VVIP type. Net price is more important. East Ledang is closer to Singapore and density is lower, so naturally it is more expensive. It all depends on your own budget and objective. Supply at prime area over there is running low and prices are getting higher. Check my earlier posts last year on Iskandar and you can validate what if I projected then are correct now. Based on current momentum and potential, there is still a lot of room for appreciation for landed.

Rysk
13-05-13, 08:04
Can advice your thoughts on plus and minus for resi properties between idr zone a and b?

Well, the best person to give advice is hyenergix..

I had chosen Zone B which is Nusajaya.. due to new town.. lots of open & greenery space that Zone A.. more happening with Puteri Harbour, Medini, Educity, Legoland, Motorsport, etc etc.. & much nicer environment than Zone A.. etc
And Zone A is just too messy for me

hyenergix
13-05-13, 09:09
Well, the best person to give advice is hyenergix..

I had chosen Zone B which is Nusajaya.. due to new town.. lots of open & greenery space that Zone A.. more happening with Puteri Harbour, Medini, Educity, Legoland, Motorsport, etc etc.. & much nicer environment than Zone A.. etc
And Zone A is just too messy for me

TCSS I can. Give advice I'm not qualified :ashamed1:

Zone A only has mostly condo launches so far. For landed, there are still hidden gems (i.e. undervalued ones) in good tamans but they are 5-10 min drive outside zone A.

Zone B sub RM $1 mil landed launches are getting lesser but more condos are coming up. > RM $2mil landed still have but they are also quite hot items.

hyenergix
13-05-13, 09:11
wow! must be very hot! was asking around and was told there's a 10% discount? which can be used to pay for the downpayment and hence only 5% needed?

Yes, phase 2 is almost fully sold after 6 months of launch, and they are at least RM $1.1 mil each. 10% should be used to offset one of the installments. I'm not too clear about the payment schedule but definitely need 20% payment first.

hyenergix
13-05-13, 09:23
I have to add that Iskandar high growth is very unusual. I attribute it to the Singapore factor i.e. overcrowding and inflation in Singapore (due to recent policies). The growth is achieved via the urbanisation of the previously forested or mangrove areas i.e. destruction of the natural flora and fauna, at low apparent cost.

I doubt this can be repeated again in future once the greenery is gone like Singapore. The true environmental cost has not been factored in. In another words, this is the last boat of easy explosive growth like Singapore in 1970s-1980s via the urbanisation of Jurong and outlying areas.

Sometimes this makes me uncomfortable, but human race is a pest to nature and is destructive afterall.

latour
13-05-13, 09:52
Indeed, those new launches in Iskandar Flagship B, Medini and Puteri Harbour is getting very hot. Interest parties are not just locals, Singaporean but also Taiwan, Japs, Koreans and China... understand that within May and June about 5 to 6 are line-up for registered/soft launches.

Rysk
13-05-13, 12:11

Yours approved?

Mine took 1-month to obtain the State Consent.. is a FH.. not 99yr LH landed pty
(no question at all) ;)

sunnycarp
13-05-13, 23:33
new launch at Medini, future Financial District of Iskandar Malaysia, just 7 mins from Tuas, mins from Legoland & Puteri Harbour. From only SGD $190k

Medini is slated to be the up and coming business district, with Educity and brand Universities like Newcastle, Southampton, Marlborough College, University of Southern California, plus Pinetree Studios (studios that produced James Bond), Legoland and more!

d'Residences (http://sgpropertyforsale.net/listings/dresidences-medini-iskandar-malaysia/)

rosnyus
14-05-13, 04:32
hi all!

need advise, if i need to be near supermarkets, which development should i choose?

i probably can afford around RM4K OR SGD1.6-2K in monthly installments

dare2
14-05-13, 05:21

Bestari is marketed by Hutton exclusively, if your agent is not form there, its obvious why he /she said that....I doubt Hutton agent would do that hahaha....

rosnyus
14-05-13, 06:00
hi all!

need advise, if i need to be near supermarkets, which development should i choose?

no other major liabilities too. no car (too expensive, not worth to buy) and HDB fully paid for.

hyenergix
14-05-13, 07:52
hi all!

Supermarkets/ malls like AEON, TESCO, Giant, Carrefour n IKEA (future) are at e prime locations. Ur budget allows for a $1 mil RM cluster semi D at best assuming 80% loan. Just google earth their locations n around them might have new units still available.

rosnyus
15-05-13, 04:55
Supermarkets/ malls like AEON, TESCO, Giant, Carrefour n IKEA (future) are at e prime locations. Ur budget allows for a $1 mil RM cluster semi D at best assuming 80% loan. Just google earth their locations n around them might have new units still available.

i did that but very difficult to navigate.. haha! perhaps i'm a digital dinosaur!
any recommendations?

newbie11
15-05-13, 09:30
Bestari is marketed by Hutton exclusively, if your agent is not form there, its obvious why he /she said that....I doubt Hutton agent would do that hahaha....

while I dont know Bestari, I really doubt huttons has exclusive. even so, exclusive is probably in singapore only. suggest to look harder and u may find johor agencies marketing it too.

newbie11
15-05-13, 09:36
hi all!

bukit indah. u can go to setia office in harbor front.

newbie11
15-05-13, 09:57
Indeed, those new launches in Iskandar Flagship B, Medini and Puteri Harbour is getting very hot. Interest parties are not just locals, Singaporean but also Taiwan, Japs, Koreans and China... understand that within May and June about 5 to 6 are line-up for registered/soft launches.

indeed hot. look at meridin launch last week

latour
15-05-13, 10:12
indeed hot. look at meridin launch last week

Its hot yes! this thread as well! look where are the investors going...

Few launches going on (soon), and this is only at FlagshipB, zoneA;
D'Residences
D'Pristine
Afiniti
MediniSignature(1 last tower)
Meridin(Tower B not release yet)
The land behind 1Medini/MediniSignature by the chinese developer
Another at Puteri Harbour

Lots to look at and compare, take your time :cheers1:

hyenergix
15-05-13, 13:34
i did that but very difficult to navigate.. haha! perhaps i'm a digital dinosaur!
any recommendations?

I bought in areas near Bukit Indah and Desa Tebrau. I may be wrong but I like them very much. The landed there are almost fully sold out and prices have since increased. Other foreigners particularly the Chinese are rushing in now. Enjoy the fun :D

hyenergix
15-05-13, 14:05

D'Residences
D'Pristine
Afiniti

rosnyus is more likely to be buying for own use. Landed is recommended due to limited supply (note the strong discussions on landed in this forum) and inherently safer from investment point than condo.

Overseas investment is a lot more risky and much more detailed study is needed, unlike Singapore where time can erase property investment mistake easily. So it is better not to follow the herd.

rosnyus
15-05-13, 14:12
I bought in areas near Bukit Indah and Desa Tebrau. I may be wrong but I like them very much. The landed there are almost fully sold out and prices have since increased. Other foreigners particularly the Chinese are rushing in now. Enjoy the fun :D

haha, i think i will definitely have fun.. dodging from my hubby. planning to buy with my mum (her name but my money) as hubby is so risk-adverse or some might say have no foresight?? :ashamed1:

hyenergix
15-05-13, 14:19
haha, i think i will definitely have fun.. dodging from my hubby. planning to buy with my mum (her name but my money) as hubby is so risk-adverse or some might say have no foresight?? :ashamed1:

You probably need to move in faster than the Chinese and other foreigners, and before iconic developments like Afiniti is launched. You also need a car to access JB since distance is longer.

latour
16-05-13, 09:27
Heard MediniSignature last tower is going for interest expression and launch in end May/June, with indicative of RM750 to RM800+ psf. Anybody know details?

latour
16-05-13, 09:29
You probably need to move in faster than the Chinese and other foreigners, and before iconic developments like Afiniti is launched. You also need a car to access JB since distance is longer.

From some source there are already expression of interest collect and its much more then the units available, indicative around RM1k psf maybe more.

hyenergix
16-05-13, 09:36
From some source there are already expression of interest collect and its much more then the units available, indicative around RM1k psf maybe more.

The Temasek projects should be very hot, given the branding and proximity to 2nd link. I heard the lease have been extended 129 years instead of 99 years. Might worth a second look if one is going for condos there. These projects will push up the value of freehold landed in Iskandar :D

latour
20-05-13, 16:30
Zhuoyuan Iskandar
http://www.zhuoyuaniskandar.my/ (http://www.zhuoyuaniskandar.my/)

D'Pristine @ Medini
Developer - MCT
http://dpristine.com/ (http://dpristine.com/)

Medini Square
http://www.medinisquare.com/ (http://www.medinisquare.com/)
http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prope...r-sale-2361467 (http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prope...r-sale-2361467)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...43426145_n.jpg (https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248318_10151616733752040_1643426145_n.jpg)

D'Residences
D'Pristine
Afiniti

DC33_2008
20-05-13, 16:56
May 17, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my

http://cdn-my1.pgimgs.com/images/icons/table_add.gif Comment (http://www.propertyguru.com.my/login?redirect=http://www.propertyguru.com.my/en/property-news/2013/5/9317/Units%20at%20Meridin@Medini%20sell%20like%20hot%20cakes) http://cdn-my1.pgimgs.com/images/icons/email_go.gif E-mail to friend (http://www.propertyguru.com.my/en/property-news/2013/5/9317/Units%20at%20Meridin@Medini%20sell%20like%20hot%20cakes#) http://cdn-my1.pgimgs.com/images/icons/share.gif Bookmark & Share (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php)

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/images/thumb/4/2/2/1/42210c7524170_1_V235.jpg By Farah Wahida (https://plus.google.com/104225638062784646148/about):

The Meridin@Medini in Iskandar Malaysia sold 446 units with a collective value of RM261 million during its recent preview, reported The New Straits Times.

Astoundingly, 75 percent of the units were sold within just five hours. Out of this figure, 65 percent were purchased by Malaysians, while the rest were bought by foreigners from Singapore, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan and Japan.

“This reflects investors’ confidence in the product, concept, location and our Mah Sing brand name. We shall certainly create a new icon in Medini,” said Tan Sri Datuk Sri Leong Hoy Kum, Group Managing Director cum Group Chief Executive of Mah Sing.

Also sold were 30 lifestyle retail units measuring from 850 sq ft and priced from RM1,000 psf. Most of the buyers were firms that commence qualifying activities before 31 December 2015 as they will be able to register for IDR Status. This grants many incentives such as royalties, income tax, import duty, sales tax, real property gains tax and withholding tax for services.

Developed by Mah Sing Bhd, Meridin@Medini is a purpose-built integrated project located along Persisiran Pantai JB-Nusajaya.

Farah Wahida, Editor of PropertyGuru, wrote this story. To contact her about this or other stories email [email protected] (http://www.propertyguru.com.my/Mail%20to:%[email protected])

badzman
20-05-13, 23:08
I went to survey puteri harbour but damn far from JB.... rather get danga bay but too bad out of my budget.

newbie11
21-05-13, 00:19
It's selling point is proximity to medini, Lego, ciq and second link. U want jb, look at zone a

DC33_2008
21-05-13, 08:55
Do your research before going for danga bay area.
I went to survey puteri harbour but damn far from JB.... rather get danga bay but too bad out of my budget.

badzman
21-05-13, 09:59
so u guys suggest danga bay not a better area..... can u guys tell me where can I find the showflats in puteri harbour.

leesg123
21-05-13, 10:23

Sometime I just want to take a break from this noisy & crowded city..Just dont be surprised when you return back to this holiday home with all furniture and appliances gone. :cheers5:

minority
21-05-13, 11:30
Interesting if someone breaks into your property is ur own fault.. hmm

Unfazed by car break-in

Mr Fahmi Rais, 45, who lives closer to Johor Baru, is not worried about crime.

His 4,000 sq ft home - which he bought 18 months ago for RM550,000 - sits in the suburb of Taman Daya, a 20-minute drive from the Woodlands checkpoint.

The managing director of communications company Raistar Media sold his condominium unit in Geylang for $820,000 last year after his family fell in love with the Taman Daya house.

He now lives in the sprawling Johor house with wife Sulaimah Abdul Kadir, 36, and their four children, three of whom are studying in schools in the eastern part of Singapore.

Commuting to Singapore each day is not a problem for the family, he says.

Says Mr Fahmi, who was the vice-president of Malay TV channel Suria until 2007: "I love my home, even if my place is not guarded or gated."

He says: "We have alarm systems installed so I can sleep in peace but my car was broken into recently."

Still, he adds: "Honestly, I have only myself to blame for that break-in because I parked my car outside my house.

"As long you don't create an environment for criminals, you don't have to worry about living here."

At a press conference on Sunday, Johor police chief Deputy Commissioner Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff told reporters that in the first half of this year, there were 216 crime cases committed against Singaporeans.

Last year, there were 400 such cases, he added.

But he pointed out that there are about 2 million Singaporean visitors to Johor Baru each month and these cases affected only a small fraction of the visitors.

newbie11
21-05-13, 13:49
so u guys suggest danga bay not a better area..... can u guys tell me where can I find the showflats in puteri harbour.

leave your contacts with developers. many projects are so hot that they sell out without showflat. u can visit uem show gallery at east ledang, beside big roundabout. horizon hills never have showflat.

Rysk
21-05-13, 16:30
Just dont be surprised when you return back to this holiday home with all furniture and appliances gone. :cheers5:

I have no worry with that.. cos mine is gated & guarded.. & my unit is close to the guard house.. & will be installing full security & alarm system..

If still can be gone.. then lan lan & buy again lor.. no big deal lah

yaozong7
22-05-13, 16:10
I have no worry with that.. cos mine is gated & guarded.. & my unit is close to the guard house.. & will be installing full security & alarm system..

If still can be gone.. then lan lan & buy again lor.. no big deal lah

If it's gated & guarded, complete with web enabled CCTV & 24 hr monitored ADT alarm, no way will you find your furniture & appliances missing one lah. The cost of the service is only RM 75-80 per mth.

Also, those who say the burglars can cut the power supply wires to deactivate the alarm probably dont understand and have never installed burglar systems in their house before..... haha

lot286
23-05-13, 07:24
hmm...so many condo launches happening. all TOP around 2016?

leesg123
23-05-13, 08:33
If it's gated & guarded, complete with web enabled CCTV & 24 hr monitored ADT alarm, no way will you find your furniture & appliances missing one lah. The cost of the service is only RM 75-80 per mth.

Also, those who say the burglars can cut the power supply wires to deactivate the alarm probably dont understand and have never installed burglar systems in their house before..... haha
heard of the term "inside job"?

vboy
23-05-13, 10:29
Thursday, 23 May 2013 08:54
Johor, S'pore firms can complement one another

The lure of Iskandar Malaysia as a business destination among companies will not hollow out industries in Singapore, said Senior Minister of State for Trade & Industry Lee Yi Shyan.
Recently, some firms have been shifting part of their operations across the causeway to take advantage of lower costs there.
Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of an SME seminar, Mr Lee said the move, in fact, can help local firms stay internationally competitive.
He said: "Maybe some of the manufacturing will go over. But... I hope they will also replace their activities in Singapore with some of the higher value-add, some of the R&D, some of the product development, some of the regional management functions.
"In that way, we can be complementary and in that way, our firms can remain internationally competitive. I think it is a good thing."
Mr Lee said Singapore and the Iskandar region offer different propositions to businesses.
He noted that Singapore is expensive, but it is highly-skilled and offers a variety of infrastructure and a deep talent pool. Meanwhile, Iskandar is in the midst of building up infrastructure and talent base, including mid-level workers.
Like Singapore, Iskandar also plans to tap opportunities in the healthcare and education sectors, and Mr Lee said such initiatives complement what Singapore is doing.
He added that both Malaysia and Singapore will have a bigger pie to share collectively if there is seamless integration between the two economies.
On the issue of productivity and innovation, Mr Lee said the government will continue to help firms upgrade and it has a "certain level of confidence" that companies can make productivity improvements.
However, more needs to be done to drive awareness and determination among companies to make the change.
- CNA/al

yaozong7
23-05-13, 10:44

Then it has to be a collusion between ADT monitoring centre (U.S. MNC) & your residence's guards. This 'inside job' would be a really complex job....

Rysk
23-05-13, 11:12

My only concern is my full infrabeam & motion sensors will triggers the alarm.. & will disturb the whole taman..
I'm not too concern whether my electrical applicance will gone.

If they can bypass without triggering the alarm.. & can break into my house.. I salute them lor

rosnyus
23-05-13, 19:24
seri austin heights good?

Rysk
23-05-13, 19:36
Can you elaborate more what you mean by "inside job"?... Is like what..

lot286
24-05-13, 12:01
Anyone got any opinion of Ledang heights? heard residential land there around 170-200 liao..it was 100 psf only in January this year? +100% in 5 months?

leesg123
24-05-13, 18:02
The more gated, more security, more attractive the robbers i think. Is like telling people i have so much precious at home hence need all these high security. headache.
http://www.hba.org.my/news/2007/207/residents.htm

lot286
24-05-13, 18:16
from what i know, Ledang Heights is the only bungalow residential area with CCTV every 500m along the entire perimeter of its surroundings. Even Leisure Farm doesnt have it. I only wish they would hire the Gurkhas though :tongue3:

this Senai place...wonder what residential estate this is?:banghead:

dare2
24-05-13, 20:40
The more gated, more security, more attractive the robbers i think. Is like telling people i have so much precious at home hence need all these high security. headache.
http://www.hba.org.my/news/2007/207/residents.htm

Residents living in fear after robberies in exclusive resort
18/02/2007 The Star By Farik Zolkepli

Wah go dig so deep till 2007 archive to prove your point ah? ...like some lawyer is it?........ to look for precedence......Singapore landed break-ins are at all-time high also ......just look at the crime alert all over the island especially at landed estates....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/number-of-break-ins-up-50/603882.html btw this is more current news.....not so dusty one....