PDA

View Full Version : AUSTRALIA PROPERTY MARKET

DC33_2008
15-07-12, 11:15
Just returned from Brisbane and realized that Singapore's cost of living is quite reasonable if not lower than them. There are lots of nice development at A$900-1000psf next to the brisbane river which offers great view. It has a very serene and relax environment.

Anyone bought properties here?

yowetan
15-07-12, 11:30
How and where to kick-start the Australia property purchase?

phantom_opera
15-07-12, 11:31
Currency risk if recession come u double whammy if econ improves u pay interest like shit

indomie
15-07-12, 12:25
Australian property cheap to buy and cheaper to sell. I missed perth property boom. I sell too soon. But no regret now. Buy closer too home... Malaysia, Bangkok or even better our own. If u die die want to buy, but sydney cbd apartment.

Laguna
15-07-12, 14:59
High borrowing cost
capital gain tax

Rysk
15-07-12, 17:54
Singapore - a plate of Hor-fun S$3-4 at hawker centre
Australia - the same plate of Hor-fun A$7-8 at road side stall

After returned to Singapore, missed for all the cheap & nice food at hawker centre / coffeeshop .. eat till you shiok shiok.. no give chance! :D

stl67
16-07-12, 11:24

After returned to Singapore, missed for all the cheap & nice food at hawker centre / coffeeshop .. eat till you shiok shiok.. no give chance! :D

A lot of SG always think OZ very good, education and health care is free.
This is true for Education but most parents sent their kids to Private school and it will cost min 10k per year up from lower primary to High School. University is heavily subsidise though.
As for health care, most still have to cough up extra every year to buy health insurance. So it is not that cheap in the end.
With high income tax, how much can aussies save to enjoy some luxuries for ordinary folks?
The good thing is that quality of life in OZ is a lot more better in terms of work life balance.

I have a friend who migrated there and this is what he told me. Not much money left to save but quality of life is more relax. Another friend also migrated to Toronto, salary there is low but life also very relax (government will give 1k pension when one retire after > 65 yrs). For me no money, how to relax, maybe i am the Kan Cheong type.

Latio
16-07-12, 13:52
Aud now too ex...
SG still e best

:spliff:

DC33_2008
16-07-12, 14:17
A pint of beer in a Pub in city centre of brisbane cost A$11. A bottle of 300mlCoke is A$3. :doh:

focus
16-07-12, 16:01
A lot of SG always think OZ very good, education and health care is free.

The good thing is that quality of life in OZ is a lot more better in terms of work life balance.

I have a friend who migrated there and this is what he told me. Not much money left to save but quality of life is more relax. Another friend also migrated to Toronto, salary there is low but life also very relax (government will give 1k pension when one retire after > 65 yrs). For me no money, how to relax, maybe i am the Kan Cheong type.

You are very right! :)

You don't need much to enjoy a higher standard of living in australia compared to singapore.
In Aud
1) $15K - $20k, 1 new korea sedan or $2.5k for 10yr old japan 2L auto.
2) $300-500k for Landed or apartment(up to you) or $1mil for beautiful view

I think that more or less took care of the necessities :)

Weekday nights, wine and dine at home with buddies or families. Very popular.
Weekends , drive your car to all the suburbs and moutains to enjoy or go pubs.

The stress is zero or minimal. You can see those people start drinking or knocking off at 4.30pm.

phantom_opera
16-07-12, 16:16
You are very right! :)

You don't need much to enjoy a higher standard of living in australia compared to singapore.
In Aud
1) $15K - $20k, 1 new korea sedan or $2.5k for 10yr old japan 2L auto.
2) $300-500k for Landed or apartment(up to you) or $1mil for beautiful view

I think that more or less took care of the necessities :)

Weekday nights, wine and dine at home with buddies or families. Very popular.
Weekends , drive your car to all the suburbs and moutains to enjoy or go pubs.

The stress is zero or minimal. You can see those people start drinking or knocking off at 4.30pm.

House is only cheap in the suburb ... how much is petrol price, insurance and all these car related expenses?

There is no free lunch in this world, the recent shake-down btn CEO and union within Qantas is already showing you that it is NOT SUSTAINABLE ... recently they fired 10% of workforce

The Australian lifestyle appears to be too good to be true because of natural resources ... without that .. how long can it last?? The garmen is heavily in debt, they need to dig even more minerals to sell to China to sustain

http://www.debtclock.com.au/

amk
16-07-12, 20:05
...like we say in the office, in Auz only the kangaroos are working..

Tis is a lucky country. Does absolutely nothing but dig and sell. Dun even bother to process. And Gillard even got the cheeks to tell EU "this is the way u should do it to solve ur debt problem" :rolleyes:

All of these are of a model that the society can take care of itself by natural progression of private capitalism. in reality now the whole western world is supported by credit, no longer private enterprises. it's too late for SG to follow this style now.

DC33_2008
16-07-12, 21:23
Mining industry is up but not other industries.
House is only cheap in the suburb ... how much is petrol price, insurance and all these car related expenses?

There is no free lunch in this world, the recent shake-down btn CEO and union within Qantas is already showing you that it is NOT SUSTAINABLE ... recently they fired 10% of workforce

The Australian lifestyle appears to be too good to be true because of natural resources ... without that .. how long can it last?? The garmen is heavily in debt, they need to dig even more minerals to sell to China to sustain

hyenergix
16-07-12, 21:53

I think economic growth is always at the expense of the environment, directly or indirectly, because human needs to consume resources and a large part of GDP is calculated based on consumption.

Just look at Singapore, 1970s-1980s was the era of easy growth due to industralization. Forests and swamps were cleared to create cheap land for this purpose. Now GDP is driven by construction, and a large part comes from houses and factories built on newly cleared land.

Nothing is sustainable.

zzz1
16-07-12, 23:35
Mining industry is up but not other industries.
They have good reserve amount of oil and particular natural gas, one of the largest in world.. in western Aust.

that is why perth housing ex getting ex..

stl67
17-07-12, 09:13
...like we say in the office, in Auz only the kangaroos are working..

Tis is a lucky country. Does absolutely nothing but dig and sell. Dun even bother to process. And Gillard even got the cheeks to tell EU "this is the way u should do it to solve ur debt problem" :rolleyes:

All of these are of a model that the society can take care of itself by natural progression of private capitalism. in reality now the whole western world is supported by credit, no longer private enterprises. it's too late for SG to follow this style now.

in fact malaysia and indonesia are also so lucky.. abundance land and so much natural resources..

if the world leaders think like Gillard, jiat lat liao.
I sometime think the ang mo country are very smart. They just create debt and we are so stupid by saving and saving and with inflation, our saving cannot match. At the same time, the western world countries continue to enjoy life... are they clever or we are stupid?:simmering:

cnud
30-07-12, 16:34
How about Melbourne CBD? Looks interesting. Most Liveable City in the world..

Isn't it good that things are expensive there? If buy a unit to rent, the returns could be quite good..

Laguna
30-07-12, 21:57
U hv to consider the cost of borrowing is very high and taxes also high including capital gain tax

cnud
31-07-12, 12:24
There is possiblity to borrow from local banks or international banks at SGD rates. Have to check more..

How much is the capital gains tax in Australia?

sunnycarp
16-12-13, 11:33
Came across The Altus @ Melbourne (http://sgpropertyforsale.net/listings/altus/), with a Victoria Harbour view. Many Australian developers launching in Singapore now, seems like Singaporeans are heading toward Australian and other overseas properties...