PDA

View Full Version : YOUNG INVESTORS

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
25-06-12, 12:07
Price? Graveyard? Send u story next...

» An opportune moment to take risk Business Times: Mon, Jun 25

UNLIKE his peers, Justin Koh Zhi-Ren doesn't spend much on games, wild partying or branded apparel. Instead, like a true-blue Singaporean, he would rather splurge on food.

But the 24-year-old Economics major at the Singapore Management University (SMU) still manages to save a large portion of his allowance, even after spending quite a bit to satisfy his tummy.

Of the $75 he received as weekly allowance during his days as a student at Anglo-Chinese Junior College, Justin saved between $30 and $50.

This habit has followed Justin through his army and undergraduate days, and is what the young investor has built his investment portfolio on. "I am definitely a saver. I always enjoyed watching my bank account grow, but never knew about other alternatives where I could place my money in besides the bank," Justin said.

Q: When did you start investing?

A: I started investing just after army in 2009, when the economy started to pick up.

I used the savings I had from my army days, about $20,000 to $30,000. At that time, it was just blind luck, but I managed to buy many quality counters at low prices. But I wouldn't consider this investing.

Only after I entered SMU did I start investing properly. By that time, I had a lot more knowledge from my readings from school.

Q: What got you interested in investing?

A: Independence, mainly. I've always believed in not putting all my eggs in one basket.

I've learnt that it's important to have a safety net. Times are bad and people who expect to work for a long time can get fired in an instant. It would be unwise of me to risk everything on one job. At least this way, I can spread the risks around.

Also, passive income is important because there's only so much you can earn.

For example, even if you earn $200 an hour, there's no way you can earn millions at the end of the year. Smart investments would help me get more income - it's all about working less and earning more.

Q: What do you currently invest in, and what strategies do you follow?

A: I try to diversify my investments and not put all my money in one industry.

I've also heard that it's wise to break down investments into different classes, like property, bonds, equities or stocks. But with a smaller portfolio like mine, it's a bit difficult to do that.

Currently, I buy Reits (real estate investment trusts). Their allure is that I get to play the property market, although I feel it's a bit overpriced now. There are minimal dividends but still enough for a decent meal.

I also invest in water and food. I believe that water treatment and food scarcity are two pressing issues. The water company I'm investing in can be quite volatile now, but I believe it will be profitable in the long run.

It's a macro way of thinking, but it's these trends that define where the world is moving towards.

Q: Are there other factors you would take into account before investing in a company?

A: Yes. Ethical concerns may not be so important in the past, but today, it defines whether a company succeeds. People are becoming smarter, and with the Internet, a small misdeed can go viral and destroy the brand.

It's important that a company goes out of its way to give back. The returns may not be astronomical, but it makes you feel good too.

Q: Do you use credit cards?

A: Yes I do. I have three credit and three debit cards. I get credit cards for the perks but 95 per cent of my spending is only on one card.

I prefer using credit cards over cash as it allows me to track my spending. In fact, I try to charge 100 per cent of my expenditure to my credit card.

When I pay cash, I don't keep the receipts and may get a shock at the end of the month. With credit cards, the statements show me exactly where I have been spending my money. If this month the statement shows that most of my expenditure is on food, I'd know what to cut down on the next month.

Q: How would you describe your risk appetite?

A: Very large. Not because I like to gamble, but because I feel that this is the opportune moment to learn about investing, when I can afford to make mistakes.

I'm still a student, my parents still support me. I don't have other responsibilities except to study and learn more about the world.

If I were to make serious mistakes, it's still cheaper to make them now, compared to the future. Ultimately, costly lessons will still cost less now than in the future.

Q: Any tips to share from your experience in investing?

A: Information is power. Read widely, see what suits you, and stick to it! Many people want to invest, but won't stick to it. They are influenced by external factors, even though the company is fundamentally good.

I would advise new investors to read the local papers. If you want more, there's always Bloomberg and CNBC, and to go further, read some finance books.

For example, I once read about Peter Lynch and his concept of investing only in what you understand. It sounds simple, but not everyone understands this.

Doing all this would give someone a good overview on finance, but it would not teach you about investing itself.

Investing itself is more of a thought process, so it differs for everyone - whether long-term or short- term investors - everybody has their own style.

If you're between the ages of 17 and 30 and wish to share your investing story too, e-mail [email protected] with "Starting Young" in the subject heading now. Views shared by young investors in this space are their own, and not endorsed by BT.

Source: Business Times © Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.

Vincegoh
25-06-12, 13:28
sounds like a good head on a young shoulder. good for him... :spliff:

wad's the link to price and graveyard? Flamingo valley? :p

UNLIKE his peers, Justin Koh Zhi-Ren doesn't spend much on games, wild partying or branded apparel. Instead, like a true-blue Singaporean, he would rather splurge on food.

But the 24-year-old Economics major at the Singapore Management University (SMU) still manages to save a large portion of his allowance, even after spending quite a bit to satisfy his tummy.

Of the $75 he received as weekly allowance during his days as a student at Anglo-Chinese Junior College, Justin saved between $30 and $50.

This habit has followed Justin through his army and undergraduate days, and is what the young investor has built his investment portfolio on. "I am definitely a saver. I always enjoyed watching my bank account grow, but never knew about other alternatives where I could place my money in besides the bank," Justin said.

A: I started investing just after army in 2009, when the economy started to pick up.

I used the savings I had from my army days, about $20,000 to $30,000. At that time, it was just blind luck, but I managed to buy many quality counters at low prices. But I wouldn't consider this investing.

Only after I entered SMU did I start investing properly. By that time, I had a lot more knowledge from my readings from school.

A: Independence, mainly. I've always believed in not putting all my eggs in one basket.

I've learnt that it's important to have a safety net. Times are bad and people who expect to work for a long time can get fired in an instant. It would be unwise of me to risk everything on one job. At least this way, I can spread the risks around.

For example, even if you earn $200 an hour, there's no way you can earn millions at the end of the year. Smart investments would help me get more income - it's all about working less and earning more.

I've also heard that it's wise to break down investments into different classes, like property, bonds, equities or stocks. But with a smaller portfolio like mine, it's a bit difficult to do that.

Currently, I buy Reits (real estate investment trusts). Their allure is that I get to play the property market, although I feel it's a bit overpriced now. There are minimal dividends but still enough for a decent meal.

I also invest in water and food. I believe that water treatment and food scarcity are two pressing issues. The water company I'm investing in can be quite volatile now, but I believe it will be profitable in the long run.

It's a macro way of thinking, but it's these trends that define where the world is moving towards.

Q: Are there other factors you would take into account before investing in a company?

A: Yes. Ethical concerns may not be so important in the past, but today, it defines whether a company succeeds. People are becoming smarter, and with the Internet, a small misdeed can go viral and destroy the brand.

It's important that a company goes out of its way to give back. The returns may not be astronomical, but it makes you feel good too.

A: Yes I do. I have three credit and three debit cards. I get credit cards for the perks but 95 per cent of my spending is only on one card.

I prefer using credit cards over cash as it allows me to track my spending. In fact, I try to charge 100 per cent of my expenditure to my credit card.

When I pay cash, I don't keep the receipts and may get a shock at the end of the month. With credit cards, the statements show me exactly where I have been spending my money. If this month the statement shows that most of my expenditure is on food, I'd know what to cut down on the next month.

A: Very large. Not because I like to gamble, but because I feel that this is the opportune moment to learn about investing, when I can afford to make mistakes.

I'm still a student, my parents still support me. I don't have other responsibilities except to study and learn more about the world.

If I were to make serious mistakes, it's still cheaper to make them now, compared to the future. Ultimately, costly lessons will still cost less now than in the future.

A: Information is power. Read widely, see what suits you, and stick to it! Many people want to invest, but won't stick to it. They are influenced by external factors, even though the company is fundamentally good.

I would advise new investors to read the local papers. If you want more, there's always Bloomberg and CNBC, and to go further, read some finance books.

For example, I once read about Peter Lynch and his concept of investing only in what you understand. It sounds simple, but not everyone understands this.

Doing all this would give someone a good overview on finance, but it would not teach you about investing itself.

Investing itself is more of a thought process, so it differs for everyone - whether long-term or short- term investors - everybody has their own style.

If you're between the ages of 17 and 30 and wish to share your investing story too, e-mail [email protected] with "Starting Young" in the subject heading now. Views shared by young investors in this space are their own, and not endorsed by BT.

zzz1
25-06-12, 13:52
I had an old friend whom can save and very very thrifty even on a cup of kopi.

I remember blanja him when ever we go for lunch, I also don Know why then .

But one thing for sure ,he much richer then me now..Yes, usually stingy guys are rich...:D :D

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
25-06-12, 14:16
sounds like a good head on a young shoulder. good for him... :spliff:

wad's the link to price and graveyard? Flamingo valley? :p

No la. They so young, ask them to send in their stories next.

dtrax
25-06-12, 15:30
There are still many young chewren who are freaking rich:
http://static.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1171912/these_young_adults_prove_that_being_successful.html

hyenergix
25-06-12, 20:20
Most successful entrepreneurs I know have strong backing, either customers of their ex-companies or relatives with (contacts/cash) as mentors or angel investors.

House
25-06-12, 20:49
another cooked up story.

how to have $20-30k savings if your parents aint rich enough to give you HUGE pocket money? :doh:

Laguna
25-06-12, 20:54
My girl did very very much better than this guy...
but, she will not make her success story in the public....

low profile is important...

hyenergix
25-06-12, 21:48

Seriously no help from you? :rolleyes:

House
25-06-12, 21:58
father a bus driver
mom a sales assistant

kid has a savings of $5k after NS

this is what i call WOW!!!

other that this, all such news are just NOT news worthy at all.

hopeful
25-06-12, 22:02

Can see that u r proud of ur daughter and her achievements.

Just curious, if daughter so good, why plan to keep ur properties in a trust?
Seems to me like cannot trust children to take care of grandchildren.

Now singapore no estate duty, cant be tax savings ?

roly8
25-06-12, 22:06

jin li hai...
:D
hope can learn from your daughter :D

hopeful
25-06-12, 22:16
another cooked up story.

how to have $20-30k savings if your parents aint rich enough to give you HUGE pocket money? :doh:

Y not?
Jc 2 yrs 40/wk x 50wk x 2yr = 4000
Ns allowance 2 yrs 500 x 12 x 2 = 12000
Total = 16000.
Plua other savings should be able to reach 20k.

evergreen
25-06-12, 22:17
father a bus driver
mom a sales assistant

Agree. That guy's pocket money was $75 a week when he was in JC. I got $75 a month when in Uni, so you can imagine how little I got while in JC! :2cents: By age 24, I'd already paid up my 25-30k study loan in full (repaid to dad's CPF to use for my sis' education). I think I should be in the news :o

hyenergix
25-06-12, 22:18
Y not?
Jc 2 yrs 40/wk x 50wk x 2yr = 4000
Ns allowance 2 yrs 500 x 12 x 2 = 12000
Total = 16000.
Plua other savings should be able to reach 20k.

Pls dun bluff chewren like me with your numbers. No need to eat meh?

House
25-06-12, 22:20
Agree. That guy's pocket money was $75 a week when he was in JC. I got $75 a month when in Uni, so you can imagine how little I got while in JC! :2cents: By age 24, I'd already paid up my 25-30k study loan in full (repaid to dad's CPF to use for my sis' education). I think I should be in the news :o

YAY!!!

:D :D :D

House
25-06-12, 22:22

can!!! every meal ride bicycle to 居寺林

:D :D :D

evergreen
25-06-12, 22:25

Mother cook mah. FOC!
When in NS, just eat whatever they provide!

hopeful
25-06-12, 22:25
Didnt the guy said he saved 30-50/week during jc?

Sorry i wasnt aware that ns men have to pay for their food.

hyenergix
25-06-12, 22:30

Not all NS men sign confinement throughout their NS and get free meals on weekends. You go canteen break just water parade with your water bottle while your platoon mates drink kopi and eat snacks meh? You got go NS or not?

evergreen
25-06-12, 22:30

They have to pay for their food if they get posted to some place that don't provide free food! But my friend who got posted to that sort of place still managed to save enough money for a holiday to HK! (No money from parents)

hyenergix
25-06-12, 22:32
Mother cook mah. FOC!
When in NS, just eat whatever they provide!

NS field camp equipment not cheap hor. Sure got things missing and need to buy. Last time still can pay premium to buy missing M16 parts.

stiook
25-06-12, 22:38
Not all NS men sign confinement throughout their NS and get free meals on weekends. You go canteen break just water parade with your water bottle while your platoon mates drink kopi and eat snacks meh? You got go NS or not?

I spent my NS fortune at the range titbit stall or the ice cream uncle riding into training area.

hopeful
25-06-12, 22:40

Well i was denied the priviliege to serve ns.
Anyway, the issue is whether the guys figures are credible or not.
Low 20s is achievable going by the figures he quoted, but to save 30k is farfetched.

hyenergix
25-06-12, 22:42
Low 20s is achievable going by the figures he quoted, but to save 30k is farfetched.

Story is too far fetch. You need rich parents and good family background to achieve that. Else you are likely to be one of the nameless and faceless person in the crowd.

Most likely you are either a local girl or a foreigner.

House
25-06-12, 22:45

Credible? of cos a big YES provided with rich parents.
Newsworthy? NOPE!

Richard Li "saved" a few millions when he graduate from kindergarden. Remember? :D

evergreen
25-06-12, 22:49
NS field camp equipment not cheap hor. Sure got things missing and need to buy. Last time still can pay premium to buy missing M16 parts.

i know that even the camouflage paste (or whatever it's called) is very expensive! quite unfair to make the guys buy it themselves.

hyenergix
25-06-12, 22:49
Before I sound too negative, I have to highlight that these news do serve as a source of inspiration.

evergreen
25-06-12, 23:02
Inspiration for those who have worked for >5 years but don't have >20k liquid assets! (not referring to silicon or saline implants!) :D

dtrax
26-06-12, 00:17
Perhaps it could be generation gap, I have seen many chewren in early 20ies during school days, family not rich started their own biz with the advent of internet, stock trading etc..it is really not that hard to become a millionaire at a young age if you pia hard enough even when you are schooling in university. I used to recall I can easily remember a few friends giving tuition during uni days can easily earn 4-5k p.m on average, yr 1 can already self-sufficient and buy car already. Well this is obviously for a small fraction of students who are working hard and studying at the same time. It is not impossible but there are such cases. Also I think a low 5 figure ~10K+ is easily attainable with 2 decades of angbao money and pocket money savings from parents

phantom_opera
26-06-12, 09:01
no money can buy health, a biz friend of mine coma for 2y already after stroke due to high blood, nowadays 30+ high bp quite common, the road of no return

Youngsters today not as strong as their ah kong both physically and mentally, entrepreneurs do require excellent health conditions

roly8
26-06-12, 09:16
no money can buy health, a biz friend of mine coma for 2y already after stroke due to high blood, nowadays 30+ high bp quite common, the road of no return

Youngsters today not as strong as their ah kong both physically and mentally, entrepreneurs do require excellent health conditions

so true!! :o:o

phantom_opera
26-06-12, 09:42
father a bus driver
mom a sales assistant

5k not enough even to pay for stamp duty for an MM

it is not worth imo, when I was young I spent all pocket $$ to travel, as far as Tanzania, Ireland, Greece, Turkey, Arizona, Nepal, India .... it opens my eyes about how Europeans enjoying their life while African/Indian slums struggling to meet day ends .. miles of miles of slums with huge pile of rubbish near Delhi / Calcutta

roly8
26-06-12, 09:50
5k not enough even to pay for stamp duty for an MM

it is not worth imo, when I was young I spent all pocket $$ to travel, as far as Tanzania, Ireland, Greece, Turkey, Arizona, Nepal, India .... it opens my eyes about how Europeans enjoying their life while African/Indian slums struggling to meet day ends .. miles of miles of slums with huge pile of rubbish near Delhi / Calcutta
i thought you are in late 20s only?

Laguna
26-06-12, 10:29
Just curious, if daughter so good, why plan to keep ur properties in a trust?
Seems to me like cannot trust children to take care of grandchildren.

Now singapore no estate duty, cant be tax savings ?

There are couples of reasons for setting up the Trust :

1. protect the assets when the children get divorce. My assets will not go to their ex-spouse. I view the Gen Y has taken divorce as a norm..

2. protect the assets from creditors if the children go into bankruptcy

3. let the children know that the parents' money is not available to them, so they must stand on their own feet.

4. let the children know that there is no easy money from parents. See many young ones, once got the monies, just spend and within few years...all gone..

5. Will take better care of them if they are in trouble.

roly8
26-06-12, 10:31
There are couples of reasons for setting up the Trust :

1. protect the assets when the children get divorce. My assets will not go to their ex-spouse. I view the Gen Y has taken divorce as a norm..

2. protect the assets from creditors if the children go into bankruptcy

3. let the children know that the parents' money is not available to them, so they must stand on their own feet.

4. let the children know that there is no easy money from parents. See many young ones, once got the monies, just spend and within few years...all gone..

5. Will take better care of them if they are in trouble.

GOOD post!

i do agree with the divorce rate among the young couple..
really ridiculous..

:doh:

Laguna
26-06-12, 10:39
jin li hai...
:D
hope can learn from your daughter :D

Just a few pointers to share :

1. your child need not be the best in the class, dun need to study a lot, but study the right subjects at the right college. but of course, must get a good result.

2. business communication is very critical, presentation, personality etc are the important factors in addition to work smart.

3. pick up investment skills and made decisive moves.

In fact, my girl is very small built, very gentle and soft spoken, dress poorly. She is a great saver.

Laguna
26-06-12, 10:50

life is getting more and more difficult....
my FIL, 95, just retired, still swim and walk everyday...

roly8
26-06-12, 10:53

1. your child need not be the best in the class, dun need to study a lot, but study the right subjects at the right college. but of course, must get a good result.

2. business communication is very critical, presentation, personality etc are the important factors in addition to work smart.

1. very very TRUE!! i am one good example . eg. small biz only though. hehe. never in the rat race ever since..

2 & 3: nice advice!! :D:D

In fact, my girl is very small built, very gentle and soft spoken, dress poorly. She is a great saver.

her habit seem sound so similar to mine.... :D

life is getting more and more difficult....
my FIL, 95, just retired, still swim and walk everyday...

WOW!! 95
my grandma & grandpa can fight with him also.. still can walk around everyday...

last time old pple are indeed incredible!! duno what they eat & drink to grow so strong. :ashamed1:

hopeful
26-06-12, 11:14

How abt ur other kids? My impression is that u r only proud of her and not the others. Sorry a bit kaypo.
I think that ur daughter may have hard time to get a spouse as many spore men would feel intimidated by her achievements - i dont mean it in a negative way, like roughing it alone with bodyguard in sahara, now how many men have done that? Also starting salary more than yt's family income. If still single, myself would be too intimidated to want to know her. Just be aware of sponges.

hopeful
26-06-12, 11:23
1. very very TRUE!! i am one good example . eg. small biz only though. hehe. never in the rat race ever since..

Dont be so obvious le.
Trying to get into laguna's good shoes so that he recommend you to his daughter ;)

Laguna
26-06-12, 11:27
How abt ur other kids? My impression is that u r only proud of her and not the others. Sorry a bit kaypo.
I think that ur daughter may have hard time to get a spouse as many spore men would feel intimidated by her achievements - i dont mean it in a negative way, like roughing it alone with bodyguard in sahara, now how many men have done that? Also starting salary more than yt's family income. If still single, myself would be too intimidated to want to know her. Just be aware of sponges.

My son is doing his final year.
My son-in-law to be is not a Singapore man.

roly8
26-06-12, 11:38
Dont be so obvious le.
Trying to get into laguna's good shoes so that he recommend you to his daughter ;)

:D:D:D make friend only.

My son is doing his final year.
My son-in-law to be is not a Singapore man.

no chance already :beats-me-man:

hopeful
26-06-12, 12:21
:D:D:D make friend only.

no chance already :beats-me-man:
Only son-in-law to be. If divorces so common, what more break engagements.
So u still have chance:)
Submit more intelligent posts, not 1 or 2 liners, but essays on property market and life. Brush up on ur mandarin and start posting mandarin poems.
And u may win laguna's backing. :)

My thinking is, laguna not so happy with son-in-law to be, but he respect his girl'a decision. I think in terms of wealth and social status, the guy is much lower,
Hence this is part of the reason why he use a trust to safeguard in case of divorce.
Logically speaking, if my child marry a billionaire, it is the billionaire who would ask for pre-nuptial agreement and not my child asking since no pre-nuptial is better for the poorer party. Lastly i think bodyguard in sahara desert is the son-in-law to be.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
26-06-12, 12:27
Only son-in-law to be. If divorces so common, what more break engagements.
So u still have chance:)
Submit more intelligent posts, not 1 or 2 liners, but essays on property market and life. Brush up on ur mandarin and start posting mandarin poems.
And u may win laguna's backing. :)

My thinking is, laguna not so happy with son-in-law to be, but he respect his girl'a decision. I think in terms of wealth and social status, the guy is much lower,
Hence this is part of the reason why he use a trust to safeguard in case of divorce.
Logically speaking, if my child marry a billionaire, it is the billionaire who would ask for pre-nuptial agreement and not my child asking since no pre-nuptial is better for the poorer party. Lastly i think bodyguard in sahara desert is the son-in-law to be.
ya la... dun do until so 'out face'...have more class will hav more chance

Laguna
26-06-12, 12:33
糟糕,越描越黑
拜托,拜托
到此为止

roly8
26-06-12, 13:02
糟糕,越描越黑
拜托,拜托
到此为止
LOL!!

ignore hopeful la... he is also 'potential' rubbish poster here. but still lose to our famous YWtan. :D:D

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
26-06-12, 13:08
LOL!!

ignore hopeful la... he is also 'potential' rubbish poster here. but still lose to our famous YWtan. :D:D
roly makes for a really nice son... always so jolly and positive

hopeful
26-06-12, 13:17
LOL!!

That's the way. Always have to backup ur potential father-in-law.:)
U know laguna detest yt, so have to whack yt hard hard ok, however have to use logic to back up ur whackings.:)

roly8
26-06-12, 13:37
That's the way. Always have to backup ur potential father-in-law.:)
U know laguna detest yt, so have to whack yt hard hard ok, however have to use logic to back up ur whackings.:)

LOL!! bro hopeful know me well. :cool::cool:

Laguna
27-06-12, 20:07
roly makes for a really nice son... always so jolly and positive

I hv a couple of god sons, no problem to hv another one...

Rules :
1. Big angbo from u every CNY
2. Drink with me

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
27-06-12, 23:19

Rules :
2. Drink with me

lim wat i wunder... lim kopi, lim teh, lim jiu or lim beer....

roly8
28-06-12, 09:43
lim wat i wunder... lim kopi, lim teh, lim jiu or lim beer....

my initial impression is alcohol drink leh.. :o

me only know how to drink tea, coffee & water .. good boyboy here :o

phantom_opera
28-06-12, 09:55
Why Laguna daughter is making handsome $$$, this guy is struggling to pay his rent, let the foreign talent pay pay pay:

Prem Bhagat, 36, a human resources manager at Cisco Systems Inc. (CSCO), said he wants to buy a home in Singapore to reduce the S$3,200 he currently pays every month in rent for his east Singapore condominium. When he buys, he intends to restrict his monthly payments to S$2,800 to S$3,000, he said.
“The current interest rates are way too low, the CPF takes care of a large portion of the monthly payments, and there’s not too much of a risk of property prices coming down in Singapore over the longer term,” said Bhagat.

Should let Mr B know lol

maisonjai
28-06-12, 10:17

Rules :
2. Drink with me

3. recite chinese poems

roly8
28-06-12, 10:40
3. recite chinese poems wah biang :doh:

HAHAHAA:D:D:D

phantom_opera
28-06-12, 13:31
我从山中来带着兰花草
种在小园中希望花开早
一日看三回看得花时过
兰花却依然苞也无一个

眼见秋天到移兰入暖房
朝朝频顾惜夜夜不能忘
但愿花开早能将宿愿偿
满庭花簇簇开得许多香

我从山中来带着兰花草
种在小园中希望花开早
一日看三回看得花时过
兰花却依然苞也无一个

roly8
28-06-12, 13:53
remind me of one of my favourite oldie singer ..

劉文正 - 蘭花草

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGkIeMFx2I4&feature=related

Laguna
28-06-12, 15:26
他有很多首漂亮的歌令人难以忘怀

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-06-12, 16:10
His voice is very unique. The only 晚辈 that comes remotely close is 林志铉.

stl67
28-06-12, 17:13
我从山中来带着兰花草
种在小园中希望花开早
一日看三回看得花时过
兰花却依然苞也无一个

眼见秋天到移兰入暖房
朝朝频顾惜夜夜不能忘
但愿花开早能将宿愿偿
满庭花簇簇开得许多香

我从山中来带着兰花草
种在小园中希望花开早
一日看三回看得花时过
兰花却依然苞也无一个
looks like we are almost same era.. i heard this song secondary school

Laguna
28-06-12, 20:47
Why Laguna daughter is making handsome $

We got a 100 -years old man to give her the name to make up what is short of in the five elements.

phantom_opera
28-06-12, 21:58
The Housing and Development Board ("HDB") has issued S$585 million, 12-year Fixed Rate Notes (the “Notes”) under its S$22 billion Multicurrency Medium Term Note ("MTN") Programme.

The Notes have a coupon of 2.505% per annum payable semi-annually in arrear. The Notes were issued on 27 June 2012 and will mature on 27 June 2024.

=> Holy shit, 2.5% return for 12y ... but still better than CPF OA lah :D

Come to think about it, the auditors of City Harvest should be fired, how can so much money go into 2 unknown companies for bond investment ... any financial person would have just question what sort of companies and/or any bond rating issued

House
28-06-12, 22:26
The Housing and Development Board ("HDB") has issued S$585 million, 12-year Fixed Rate Notes (the “Notes”) under its S$22 billion Multicurrency Medium Term Note ("MTN") Programme.

The Notes have a coupon of 2.505% per annum payable semi-annually in arrear. The Notes were issued on 27 June 2012 and will mature on 27 June 2024.

=> Holy shit, 2.5% return for 12y ... but still better than CPF OA lah :D

Come to think about it, the auditors of City Harvest should be fired, how can so much money go into 2 unknown companies for bond investment ... any financial person would have just question what sort of companies and/or any bond rating issued

after reading christopher balding's articles - i smell greekish

zzz1
29-06-12, 10:55
3. recite chinese poems
So cultured meh?

zzz1
29-06-12, 10:57
我从山中来带着兰花草
种在小园中希望花开早
一日看三回看得花时过
兰花却依然苞也无一个

眼见秋天到移兰入暖房
朝朝频顾惜夜夜不能忘
但愿花开早能将宿愿偿
满庭花簇簇开得许多香

我从山中来带着兰花草
种在小园中希望花开早
一日看三回看得花时过
兰花却依然苞也无一个

This is not Chinese poems la...

phantom_opera
29-06-12, 13:05
This is not Chinese poems la...

兰花草 can be your children, you nurture them and keep hoping ;)

眼见秋天到移兰入暖房
朝朝频顾惜夜夜不能忘
但愿花开早能将宿愿偿
满庭花簇簇开得许多香

=> nowadays parents pamper their children just like 兰花草 isn't it?

I post it because Laguna talking about children, nothing to do with reciting Chinese poems

hopeful
06-07-12, 13:15
They have to pay for their food if they get posted to some place that don't provide free food! But my friend who got posted to that sort of place still managed to save enough money for a holiday to HK! (No money from parents)

i know that even the camouflage paste (or whatever it's called) is very expensive! quite unfair to make the guys buy it themselves.
it just struck me. that's why bring up this old post.

do you think NS men are partially subsidising the government ?

it reminds me of the way plantation companies ask workers to subsidise the companies :)
in remote areas, food supplies are hard to come buy and/or companies forbid outsiders to sell inside the plantations. the companies set up canteen or grocery stores to supply food to the workers. of course the supplies are sold at cost + markup. the markup help reduce cost of the plantations.
easiest to sell is cigarettes.

quite a number also the workers to provide their their own harvesting equipment, PPE etc. if workers don't have, company will supply them and deduct from their salary.

similarly for ns, the army rent out the stalls and sell supplies. If you buy camouflage paint, you are paying the government to be tortured.

zzz1
06-07-12, 17:02
兰花草 can be your children, you nurture them and keep hoping ;)

眼见秋天到移兰入暖房
朝朝频顾惜夜夜不能忘
但愿花开早能将宿愿偿
满庭花簇簇开得许多香

=> nowadays parents pamper their children just like 兰花草 isn't it?

I post it because Laguna talking about children, nothing to do with reciting Chinese poems
I like this song but nn clue of the meaning ... Now understand, and quite true.

:)

Vincegoh
06-07-12, 17:38
We got a 100 -years old man to give her the name to make up what is short of in the five elements.

is the hundred year old man still alive? maybe shld ask him to help me take a look at my son and daughter's name.

actually i do believe in name change.. i myself had a name change when i was 12 yrs old. and boy did i feel that my life took a big big change in a positive way.

Vincegoh
06-07-12, 17:39
it just struck me. that's why bring up this old post.

do you think NS men are partially subsidising the government ?

it reminds me of the way plantation companies ask workers to subsidise the companies :)
in remote areas, food supplies are hard to come buy and/or companies forbid outsiders to sell inside the plantations. the companies set up canteen or grocery stores to supply food to the workers. of course the supplies are sold at cost + markup. the markup help reduce cost of the plantations.
easiest to sell is cigarettes.

quite a number also the workers to provide their their own harvesting equipment, PPE etc. if workers don't have, company will supply them and deduct from their salary.

similarly for ns, the army rent out the stalls and sell supplies. If you buy camouflage paint, you are paying the government to be tortured.

all NS men are given SAF credits that can be used at e-marts... so garmen never ask sgeans to subsidize them lar.

but hor, we subsidize the army market agents at golden mile. lol.. i used to always buy from there as lazy to go down army camp to buy the barang barang. :ashamed1:

singhousepro
05-04-21, 22:47
Real estate investment is often an excellent investment if you're taking the time to teach yourself about the method and therefore the best ways to urge great returns. However, most of the people who have an interest in buying rental properties or the best real estate property land as an investment never do so.The sooner you get into the important estate game, the earlier you'll succeed. Rental properties build equity over time and therefore the longer they need to understand, the larger your portfolio is going to be. After all, passive income is vital to life-long wealth.

thearticlereview
21-04-21, 11:00
Range boosters are very good for every type of domain you have, and it only consists of improving your interaction algorithm. You must increase the popularity of your website using legendary SEO techniques that solve your life in weeks. You can know and use a good number of techniques at no cost or hire the most profitable one.
Find Out How Quickly You Can Rank High In Your Business
VoIP virtual phone number (https://www.thearticlereview.com/voipphone)

giibqzrs
08-05-21, 00:05

Many a times, we are always looking and publicising success stories. Little do we know that there are abundance who had get sucked in the black hole and nvr got back up.

COTDS
20-06-21, 20:13
Yes totally agree that media just makes things look wonderful. But there are some very good projects that is would looking at like pasir ris 8 condo. Integrated condo with great potential. Probably one of the lowest psf. simple google can get it https://www.pasir-ris8-officialsite.com (https://www.pasir-ris8-officialsite.com/home)

But my idea. is still people with no money just get EC and wait for it to MOP! Now Parc greenwich worth the look! https://parcgreenwich-officialsite.com

At least from here we know the couple trying to make more money! so lets do it to!!