PDA

View Full Version : ECO at Bedok South near Tanah Merah MRT (FEO)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

bakasa2002
24-09-12, 22:13
Any views on the other old project along tanah merah kechil rd? Can en bloc?
Passed by it along the way to Eco... Land is not as big as Bedok Court... Plot ratio 2.1 still I think

The Tanamera? That one site on a small plot and isn't that old. If there is a enbloc, Bedok Court should be more attractive, though expensive. :)

Tripp
24-09-12, 22:29
Altogether now... Wo Yao Mai eCO ~~~

Laguna
24-09-12, 22:35
Tower G stack 29 only left 13-29. Stack 28 open. Left 04, 06, 07, 09, 10, 13, 14.

Super hot

oda
25-09-12, 10:17
one of the worst development ever.

phantom_opera
25-09-12, 10:33
one of the worst development ever.

partially correct, one of the worst if choose the wrong stack and pay the wrong price :scared-3:

imo SSD is helping the developer to up prices without worrying about competition from flippers, if not because of SSD, Laguna will flip his OTP already after 10% up in a few days (or flip in 6m time for 20% profit)

Laguna
25-09-12, 10:41
partially correct, one of the worst if choose the wrong stack and pay the wrong price :scared-3:

this is the universal rule #1 in property investment, pay the wrong price and buy something wrong.

imo SSD is helping the developer to up prices without worrying about competition from flippers, if not because of SSD, Laguna will flip his OTP already after 10% up in a few days (or flip in 6m time for 20% profit)

How I wish!!!!! if that could happen, I will buy 10 units instead of 1 lor! and spin my money as good as Fed in printing $

East Lover
25-09-12, 10:46
Only Laguna's unit and 04 will likely get unblock view, the rest will sure get block or partly block, the other factor for me to consider is how close is one block is to the other. Some blocks are about 20m apart with a pool, I personally don't feel that comfortable with that kind of proximity, esp in a high rise condo development. :)
Laguna is super good in picking up best unit with best price within the best timeline! :D

bakasa2002
25-09-12, 10:51
Laguna is super good in picking up best unit with best price within the best timeline! :D

That's why he/she is a savvy investor mah ... :)

phantom_opera
25-09-12, 10:52
20m block to block will become a norm ... unblocked view will command even more premium next time

and today's poolview is like a prison without cross ventilation

Caspian is a good example

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/0/6/e/a/06ea6f25807377_1_V550.jpg

say hi to lewd ah pek

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/9/2/6/5/9265b025904604_1_V550.jpg

and this 8@W facing is ultimate

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/6/b/3/0/6b306225339466_1_V550.jpg

East Lover
25-09-12, 11:06
20m block to block will become a norm ... unblocked view will command even more premium next time

I went to cascadia for house viewing before, the pool is surrounded by all the blocks, i can't breath well while walking there.... :D Chamber of Secrets phobia :D :D :D
Cascadia (D21, Freehold,... (http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=795)

bakasa2002
25-09-12, 11:43

Wah, the top picture shows signs that we are reaching hk apt standards soon! The bottom picture remind me of Parc Seabreeze!

phantom_opera
25-09-12, 11:58
Wah, the top picture shows signs that we are reaching hk apt standards soon! The bottom picture remind me of Parc Seabreeze!

that's why Archi is considered very livable .... why not buy a townhouse bro bakasa?? :p

phantom_opera
25-09-12, 12:02
now u understand why the Bishan HDB owners are so unhappy ... privacy lost

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/story-gallery-featured/nnhbishan1e.jpg

MOH to proceed with nursing home in Bishan
It found 5 suggested alternative sites unfeasible but will tweak design

eng81157
25-09-12, 14:45

say hi to lewd ah pek

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/9/2/6/5/9265b025904604_1_V550.jpg

whoa!!! :banghead: :banghead: can sun-tan and watch cars zipping by

bakasa2002
25-09-12, 15:08
that's why Archi is considered very livable .... why not buy a townhouse bro bakasa?? :p
bro, you see me too up already lah ... If I had that kind of $$$, I would buy a D15 landed already. No point serving 2 yr of NS and fight tooth and nail with our FT friends over strata house.

Btw, Archi is about 25m for most units too, just a bit better than eCO, but low-rise lah. :)

bakasa2002
25-09-12, 15:10

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/story-gallery-featured/nnhbishan1e.jpg

Is this 20m like eCO or less than that?

Laguna
25-09-12, 15:29
真是天时,地利,人和
i was just being fortunate to have someone to help me.

Laguna
25-09-12, 15:33
I went to Archi on the VVIP launch day but no agent care for me as I was so poorly addressed.

The rows facing the townhouse is only about 10m facing the townhouse

pinkpolkadot
25-09-12, 15:34
真是天时,地利,人和
i was just being fortunate to have someone to help me.

Laguna,

So your son will not be applying for new HDB flat when he get married as he has a private property under his name now?

buttercarp
25-09-12, 17:46
Laguna,

So your son will not be applying for new HDB flat when he get married as he has a private property under his name now?

Laguna couldn't care less about son applying for HDB.
Cos she said not worth the wait between application to TOP to fulfilling the MOP.
Sorry Laguna.... I kaypoh n become ur spokeswoman n answer for u.

august
25-09-12, 18:21

of course unhappy and must make noise, so freaking cramped... and the height of the trees are exaggerated.

radha08
25-09-12, 19:55
bro, you see me too up already lah ... If I had that kind of $$$, I would buy a D15 landed already. No point serving 2 yr of NS and fight tooth and nail with our FT friends over strata house.

Btw, Archi is about 25m for most units too, just a bit better than eCo , but low-rise lah. :)

BRO u Will never fight alone...but I served 6 years ns as a regular...:D ...but we have a
Common enemy....:simmering:

radha08
25-09-12, 20:00
That's why he/she is a savvy investor mah ... :)

He is a seasoned player la....this kind of game must be fast hand fast leg....cannot think one...if think too much by the time war over happened to me so many time I give up liao...:doh:

Laguna
25-09-12, 20:23
Laguna,

ya, butter is correct that in the waiting time.

But there are more reasons to it
1. if apply BTO / EC...most likely ended up in Punggol, what do u think of the upside there?
2. $30,000 grant is a lot of monies, but if u miss a property cycle, that will even cost u more
3. hopefully, with a PC on hand, my son can find a much better wife. Girls are getting more down to earth nowadays
4. It is good to keep the children aim high, so let him upgrade rather than downgrade (currently we stay in a quite good PC)
5. I need to balance between my two children's wealth. The girl is too fast in accumulating her wealth that my boy has problem in catching up.
6. no matter how fast is my boy's saving, cannot never catch up with the inflation and price increase
7. my money is their money...
8. make my son indebted to me...

buttercarp
25-09-12, 20:28

1. if apply BTO / EC...most likely ended up in Punggol, what do u think of the upside there?
2. $30,000 grant is a lot of monies, but if u miss a property cycle, that will even cost u more
3. hopefully, with a PC on hand, my son can find a much better wife. Girls are getting more down to earth nowadays
4. It is good to keep the children aim high, so let him upgrade rather than downgrade (currently we stay in a quite good PC)
5. I need to balance between my two children's wealth. The girl is too fast in accumulating her wealth that my boy has problem in catching up.
6. no matter how fast is my boy's saving, cannot never catch up with the inflation and price increase

More down to earth.....LOL.....wanna stay in landed!

Wow Laguna, your gal is powerful!

What did you feed them when they were young?

Laguna
25-09-12, 20:32
He is a seasoned player la....this kind of game must be fast hand fast leg....cannot think one...if think too much by the time war over happened to me so many time I give up liao...:doh:

Laguna = shrew investor la!
ur right...need to be decisive
In fact, I had a very urge to buy this property..if the price is right, and the unit I want is there...
just listen to the heart....don't give up

Laguna
25-09-12, 20:41
What did you feed them when they were young?

I feed them with lots of love.....
I gave up a promising career cos them...but no regrets!!!!

hyenergix
25-09-12, 21:02
I feed them with lots of love.....
I gave up a promising career cos them...but no regrets!!!!

Only a loving mum wld do this.

DC33_2008
25-09-12, 21:25
Beware of Point 3. Wife will share half of your property if got wife for the wrong reason.

Laguna
25-09-12, 21:39
Beware of Point 3. Wife will share half of your property if got wife for the wrong reason.

I tot thru this issue.
I will put this property under a trust and me as the beneficiary.
In the event of divorce, if happens during my life time, I can prove the source of fund, that that is save. Provided my DIL did not contribute.
If not in my life time, than, nothing to see and say....

BTW, I need to make sure my DIL does not hv a bro like Ah Tan

buttercarp
25-09-12, 21:41

Better to get a working wife.
She will have her own property.
But she stay in her husband's property as an occupant and not as joint tenancy or tenancy in common.

Presuming Laguna's future DIL assumes joint tenancy of the unit, then the 4y SSD will restart again :scared-3: ?

DC33_2008
25-09-12, 21:42
But I thought you have used your son's name to purchase this condo. Stamp fee payment if change or add name. ;)
I tot thru this issue.
I will put this property under a trust and me as the beneficiary.
In the event of divorce, if happens during my life time, I can prove the source of fund, that that is save. Provided my DIL did not contribute.
If not in my life time, than, nothing to see and say....

Laguna
25-09-12, 22:37
But I thought you have used your son's name to purchase this condo. Stamp fee payment if change or add name. ;)

ya, under his sole name.
But if add wife's name into it, then there is no need to pay additional stamp duty.

Laguna
25-09-12, 22:38

LOL, Mr Laguan vs Mrs Laguna again.
Don't under-estimate the earning power of women nowadays!

So, it is ok for the husband to be a "HOUSEMAN" or "stay-in-dad"

DC33_2008
25-09-12, 22:43
I have bought a PC before got married and tried to add my spouse name but lawyer said must pay stamp duty too. My spouse is not quite happy with that. So, have to buy another one with spouse name.
ya, under his sole name.
But if add wife's name into it, then there is no need to pay additional stamp duty.

buttercarp
25-09-12, 22:49
ya, under his sole name.
Add wife's name then will the 4 y SSD re start again?

Laguna
25-09-12, 22:54
I have bought a PC before got married and tried to add my spouse name but lawyer said must pay stamp duty too. My spouse is not quite happy with that. So, have to buy another one with spouse name.

Ooops, ur right
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=1974

radha08
25-09-12, 22:56

Forum Info

Posts Total Posts: 1,957 (1.74 posts per day) Find all posts by Laguna (http://forums.condosingapore.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=35191) Find all threads started by Laguna (http://forums.condosingapore.com/search.php?do=process&showposts=0&starteronly=1&exactname=1&searchuser=Laguna)

Additional Information Group Memberships
Sex:
Male

Laguna is not a member of any public groups

:D:D:D

Laguna
25-09-12, 23:04
Forum Info

Find all posts by Laguna (http://forums.condosingapore.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=35191) Find all threads started by Laguna (http://forums.condosingapore.com/search.php?do=process&showposts=0&starteronly=1&exactname=1&searchuser=Laguna)

Additional Information Group Memberships
Sex:

Male

Laguna

HAHHA, I just changed to DON'T KNOW, neither male nor female

radha08
25-09-12, 23:27

:cheers5:...Suspense No 1 did YT buy FV
:cheers5:...Suspense N0 2 is Laguna M/F

.....:D:D:D

price
26-09-12, 00:42
Laguna,

whats the point of BTO when 1 can afford a private condo at 23?

bakasa2002
02-10-12, 20:37
Today ST state 400+ units sold ... Scary!

yowetan
02-10-12, 21:11
:cheers5:...Suspense No 1 did YT buy FV
:cheers5:...Suspense N0 2 is Laguna M/F

.....:D:D:D

Hi.. I am keen in D05 The Parc condominium now.

buttercarp
02-10-12, 21:15

Wow, did someone leave you an inheritance?

price
02-10-12, 21:19
i used to think u are a genuine nice chap. now i am swaying to how the others look at you :beats-me-man:

Laguna
02-10-12, 21:23

don't come and dirty my eCO please....
I created a separate thread for u on this subject

radha08
02-10-12, 21:29

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:...life is getting back to normal....:cheers5:..in the forums:D

yowetan
02-10-12, 21:29
Wow, did someone leave you an inheritance?

Hi. I am thinking instead giving up and say "unaffordable". I am raking my brain to find ways to get a 2 bedder in Parc condominium if possible.

East Lover
02-10-12, 21:40
Haha 又男又女,忽男忽女,不男不女,:D 不如we call our dear Laguna 东方不败!?:D :D :D
So glad to come back to forum! Nice to "see" all of u again :cheers4:

bakasa2002
02-10-12, 22:47
Haha 又男又女,忽男忽女,不男不女,:D 不如we call our dear Laguna 东方不败!?:D :D :D
So glad to come back to forum! Nice to "see" all of u again :cheers4:

Ya, it's like I haven't 'talk' to Laguna, Radha, Buttercarp and so on for days!

phantom_opera
02-10-12, 23:33
new price list in FEO site

08-55 549sqft list price 878,340

if 10% discount then about 800k

Laguna
02-10-12, 23:53
new price list in FEO site

08-55 549sqft list price 878,340

if 10% discount then about 800k

cannot recall offhand
either Optima or Casa is alr doing $1,600.
The tender for the land opp Optima will be closed in mid Oct, expecting 11 bidders, price around 700-720.

So eCO cheap cheap

kane
03-10-12, 00:20
howmuch did FEO bid for the land where ecositson?

bakasa2002
03-10-12, 00:27
howmuch did FEO bid for the land where ecositson?

Less than 550ppr in Jan

easteast
03-10-12, 01:58
too many units .. , sure will become another cc or public swimming pools..not nice for own stay

easteast
03-10-12, 02:10

yup this thread is for somebody to show off ....lol

Laguna
03-10-12, 05:28
yup this thread is for somebody to show off ....lol

me ???hahaha
only when I am as rich as ur or own as many properties as you are...

u SHOW OFF? what? Optima u own?

phantom_opera
03-10-12, 07:13
in HK 1000+ project is considered better ... in Singapore 3xx units normally is lack of facilities / landscaping, I would say 5xx-7xx units are the best to strike a balance

buttercarp
03-10-12, 08:08
too many units .. , sure will become another cc or public swimming pools..not nice for own stay

Initially maybe, especially weekends, but later should become ok.
Also not everyone will be swimming at the same time.

The MC has to make sure that they do not approve swimming instructors to conduct lessons all at one time. This happened in my condo. But later they came up with some rules on swimming lessons on weekends.

phantom_opera
03-10-12, 13:56
FEO can reduce discount by 1% now :cool:

FedEx opens new $97m regional hub at Changi airport

carbuncle
03-10-12, 15:13
Initially maybe, especially weekends, but later should become ok.
Also not everyone will be swimming at the same time.

The MC has to make sure that they do not approve swimming instructors to conduct lessons all at one time. This happened in my condo. But later they came up with some rules on swimming lessons on weekends.

If the instructors are hot studs and young and fit... I don't mind drooooooooooooooooool

easteast
03-10-12, 18:12
me ???hahaha
only when I am as rich as ur or own as many properties as you are...

u SHOW OFF? what? Optima u own?

Hah? U admit u show off? 心虚?Sorry lo Since when i say "laguna"is showing off?

azeoprop
03-10-12, 19:20
Wonder if cyndi lauper has a free unit here? :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/LPn0KFlbqX8

buttercarp
03-10-12, 19:36

Nothing wrong with showing off lah.
I really admire Laguna.
Retired already can still buy condo for kids.
At this moment, I bet he/ she is having a scrumptious dinner in Hong Kong.

dtrax
03-10-12, 19:40
Nothing wrong with showing off lah.
I really admire Laguna.
Retired already can still buy condo for kids.
At this moment, I bet he/ she is having a scrumptious dinner in Hong Kong.

Wow that means 40% down with <15yrs loan. Singaporeans so cashrich no wonder new grads feel so priced out unless they have parent home purchase assistance scheme

Laguna
03-10-12, 21:49

I have already earned the respect of others, and there is no need for me to show off at all.

YOU entitle to your own opinion, it does not bother me at all.

Emma
04-10-12, 13:02
hi all. for the eco buyers, does anyone of you have any suggestions for the selections of flooring etc?
I was told that the full list of options will be out in about 6 months time. so will we get to see all the options in the showflat?

Emma
04-10-12, 13:05
hahha yes we don't mind if that's the case do we??

If the instructors are hot studs and young and fit... I don't mind drooooooooooooooooool

Emma
04-10-12, 13:19
why must the loan be < 15 years?

Wow that means 40% down with <15yrs loan. Singaporeans so cashrich no wonder new grads feel so priced out unless they have parent home purchase assistance scheme

dtrax
04-10-12, 13:30
why must the loan be < 15 years?

Based on the max age the bank can loan. But anw, house is bought under another owner of younger age, the bank loan period can be increased

Laguna
04-10-12, 22:08
hi all. for the eco buyers, does anyone of you have any suggestions for the selections of flooring etc?
I was told that the full list of options will be out in about 6 months time. so will we get to see all the options in the showflat?

I was told 4 months

I think the showflat for this project should be around for another 6 months.
But I strongly suggest u take pictures of all showflats.

I will pick marble flooring, but will go back to study again.

price
04-10-12, 22:28
I was told 4 months

I think the showflat for this project should be around for another 6 months.
But I strongly suggest u take pictures of all showflats.

I will pick marble flooring, but will go back to study again.

What are your thoughts on 50 years loan tenor for <30 years old buyers like ur son?

Laguna
04-10-12, 22:38
What are your thoughts on 50 years loan tenor for <30 years old buyers like ur son?

u asked a Q that I nvr tot of as I calculate that with 30% cash payment, the rental income should be enough to serve the mortgage of a 30 years loan.

Also, there is an element of forced saving for a shorter term as well.

gadiny
07-10-12, 17:12
Accompanied my friend to eco show flat around 2 plus just now. Update as follows for anyone who is interested :)

- Showroom still crowded
- 248 condo units all sold out! Condo showflat to be replaced by Soho showflat
- In total, about 450 units sold stated at the entrance (do not know was its yesterday number or updated to today sales as today's Lian He Zhao Bao mentioned 450 sold based on yesterday sale)
- FEO is giving 2% of purchase price as furniture voucher for yesterday and today to buffer the MAS regulation impact.
- Furniture voucher redeemable when progressive payment for the next 10% for foundation is called for (likely in 2013)

Laguna
07-10-12, 17:22
Accompanied my friend to eco show flat around 2 plus just now. Update as follows for anyone who is interested :)

This thread has been so quite
what is the discount now?

DC33_2008
07-10-12, 17:24
More CMs :scared-3:

- Showroom still crowded
- In total, about 450 units sold stated at the entrance (do not know was its yesterday number or updated to today sales as today's Lian He Zhao Bao mentioned 450 sold based on yesterday sale)
- FEO is giving 2% of purchase price as furniture voucher for yesterday and today to buffer the MAS regulation impact.
- Furniture voucher redeemable when progressive payment for the next 10% for foundation is called for (likely in 2013)

Laguna
07-10-12, 17:26
More CMs :scared-3:

pl lah! don't be like that la!

gadiny
07-10-12, 17:48
This thread has been so quite
what is the discount now?

Think its 12% quoted to my friend (10% base +2% HDB). Agent said
- can 'fight' another 1% as vicinity discount though my friend stay in Toa Payhoh ha subject to developer's approval
- 10% base discount to reduce to 9% from tomorrow

Laguna
07-10-12, 17:50
- can 'fight' another 1% as vicinity discount though my friend stay in Toa Payhoh ha subject to developer's approval

Thanks
I will look up for the returned units. Perahps stack 4 and 5

fiat500
07-10-12, 18:09
All these discount here discount there are all bullshit lah.
Prices already factored in. Its all marketing tactics!
Eventually what u are paying for won't be cheap..

phantom_opera
07-10-12, 18:12
can someone explain this furniture voucher redeemable upon foundation completed thingy, how does it help to offset a lower LTV or less loan tenure? ... i remember if give 5% FV upon TOP, end up you borrow even less from the bank

coolchoc
07-10-12, 20:46

- Showroom still crowded

Have they opened all Towers? Last I know was SOHO Tower D & part of Suite Tower H still not launched.

Laguna
07-10-12, 20:53
can someone explain this furniture voucher redeemable upon foundation completed thingy, how does it help to offset a lower LTV or less loan tenure? ... i remember if give 5% FV upon TOP, end up you borrow even less from the bank

Tthe LTV is computed based on net of all discount including FV, which comes in as a form of cheque.
FV and all discounts are stated in the S&P and OTP

gadiny
07-10-12, 21:44
Have they opened all Towers? Last I know was SOHO Tower D & part of Suite Tower H still not launched.

Hi, when I was there today, all suite units (ie Tower H) released.

Soho Tower D and some of C (stake 15 and 16) still not release. Soho seems to be lagging in sales compared to Condo and Suite ...

phantom_opera
08-10-12, 18:57
We the citizens of Singapore, buy properties as one united people

http://www.fareast.com.sg/en/Residential/For-Sale/Properties-By-Name/~/media/Images/FEO/eCo/eCOBanner17.ashx

vip
08-10-12, 22:58
http://propertysoul.com/2012/10/08/the-fear-of-losing-out-part-ii-eco-showflat/ (http://propertysoul.com/2012/10/08/the-fear-of-losing-out-part-ii-eco-showflat/)

The fear of losing out (part II: eCO showflat) (http://propertysoul.com/2012/10/08/the-fear-of-losing-out-part-ii-eco-showflat/)

October 8, 2012

One Sunday afternoon hubby and I drove past the second property that I bought in 2003 (http://propertysoul.com/2011/09/02/story-of-my-second-property-a-bank-sale-part-i/).

Next to it, we were surprised to see the carpark almost full at the eCO showflat.

The site of eCO is an empty slope right in front of Bedok Court. I remember the grass on this slope has been replanted at least twice in three years, probably to hold the loose soil.

On the left of the site is a whole stretch of land built with Terraces and Semi-Detached houses, extending all the way to the coastline.

Mentioned in his book Secrets of Property Millionaires, this is also where property investor Rayney Wong bought three Semi-Detached houses at $1.8 to 1.9 million at the peak of the property market in 1996, and later forced to sell at a loss of $1.3 million.

We were greeted by a Far East sales representative. As you may know, an in-house sales is usually less experienced than an agency representative.

So when the Far East staff commented that Bedok Court is an HUDC, I quickly bit my lower lip not to let out a giggle.

He was also convinced that we would come back after driving around the neigborhood. Unfortunately, he forgot to take down our contacts before we left.

Anyway, the first showflat showcased a 2-bedder with basic finishings, tiny rooms and no bathtub.

The 3-bedder showflat was no better. It claims to have 1,270 sq ft but looks at most 900 sq ft, losing the precious space for the big balconies. The combined living and dining room is so small that it can only fit a long (rather than round-shaped) dining table. The kitchen is much smaller than the ones in all the 1-bedders I’ve purchased before. The crowd there made the place look even more crammed.

The sales representative told us that there were only two units of 3-bedders left (really?). They are selling at $1.8 million and $1.83 million (i.e. $1,417 psf and $1,441 psf respectively) after discount. The condo blocks are facing each other with no view at all. And the units won’t be ready until 2017.

What? For $1.8 million, I can buy a 2,400 sq ft full seaview 3-bedder at nearby Bedok Court with less than $750 psf. And even a 600 sq ft 1-bedder is asking over $1 million (over $1,700 psf).

He asked us to be fast, hinting at a few group of buyers at the discussion tables ready to place a deposit.

I could vaguely recall when I went to view my nearby second property in 2003 (http://propertysoul.com/2011/09/02/story-of-my-second-property-a-bank-sale-part-ii/), the 1-bedder was also close to 1,200 sq ft. Unlike the eCO, it came with huge living/dining room and bedroom. And it was asking for only $300 psf!

During the two viewings, I was the only buyer there. The agent almost begged me to buy.

I remember looking out of the window at the breath-taking seaview, wondering why no other buyer came to fight with me for this big ‘gem’ here.

Now thinking back, I am grateful for this. For over the years, the property had generated very good rental return. At the end, I managed to sell it for a 119 percent profit.

At this moment, with this crowd of enthusiastic buyers hustling before my eyes, I couldn’t help but wondering what’s on their mind.

Are they hoping that this property can still give them a reasonable rental return at $1,400 to 1,700 psf? Or it can miraculously double in value when they sell it in a few years’ time?

Do they have the need for accommodation so imminent that there is no other alternative but to buy right now?

Or is it simply the Singapore kiasu culture that makes the fear of missing the boat more frightening than making a big loss?

Laguna
09-10-12, 10:14
In response to the above posting, I think the writer has only seen one new project. If he has the opportunities to see more, he will realise all the new developments are of the about same standard in term of space usage.

Next, I searched up and down the entire price list of these two units mentioned, sorry to say, there are no such units.

phantom_opera
09-10-12, 10:15
In response to the above posting, I think the writer has only seen one new project. If he has the opportunities to see more, he will realise all the new developments are of the about same standard in term of space usage.

Next, I searched up and down the entire price list of these two units mentioned, sorry to say, there are no such units.

just ignore the article, it is written by Mr B and gang ... total rubbish

Laguna
09-10-12, 10:31
just ignore the article, it is written by Mr B and gang ... total rubbish

Bro ghost....due respect
someone needs to point out when there is misleading statement being made.

carbuncle
09-10-12, 10:58
I think bro ghost just dissed sis VIP. she owns that blog. did you click on it? you would have added on to the click through ... lol

oda
09-10-12, 11:39
did anyone notice the floor tiles cracked for the soho and 3 bedroom?

can someone tell those far east agent stop saying everything is cheap! omg please la, if everything so cheap why not shut yr mouth and buy it yourself no need to be agent mah.

KAOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Laguna
09-10-12, 12:13
can someone tell those far east agent stop saying everything is cheap! omg please la, if everything so cheap why not shut yr mouth and buy it yourself no need to be agent mah.

KAOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Only time and Mr Market will tell u it is cheap or expensive

Amber Woods
09-10-12, 12:27
I was at the show flat on Sunday nearing 6 pm. Lots of agents standing outside the show flat waiting to serve walk-in customers like me.

There was music and servers serving package drinks througout the show flat. After asking what I was looking for, the agent suggested that I should look at the higher floor SOHO unit at Tower H. Those single floor 3-beeded had all been sold out. The floor plan given to me did not even show the unit area for all the units. I was told the unit at the 15th floor was about 850 sqft with 1 bedroom on ground floor and two other above with a huge balcony and smaller aircon ledge. Meaning to say, the actual floor area for the ground floor is no more than 500 sqft which includs the bedroom, kitchen, staircase,living/dinning, balcony and aircon ledge. When the price was finally reviewed, it was $1.8m.

For this price at 850 sqft, I could buy a FH apartmet in D15 such as The Seaview, The Esta (relatively new) for a 1300 sq ft apartment in the Amber area. Why would I want to squeeze my family in a 850 sqft apartment for the same price and 99 LH status. It makes no sense at all.

I think Ms VIP has some valid points in her writing about buying into this development at today's price. We must give merit when due and not brush it off just because her writing was inconsistent with ours.

Laguna
09-10-12, 12:30
When the price was finally reviewed, it was $1.8m.

For this price at 850 sqft, I could buy a FH apartmetn at D15 such as The Seaview, The Esta (relatively new) for a 1300 sq ft apartment in the Amber area.

I think u have not been updated of the price at The Seaview alr.
I was told the smallest unit of 560 sf is now at $1.2m

Amber Woods
09-10-12, 12:33
I think u have not been updated of the price at The Seaview alr.
I was told the smallest unit of 560 sf is now at $1.2m

Go for bigger unit and psf is cheaper. The Esta is about $1200 to $1300 psf.

Laguna
09-10-12, 12:39
Go for bigger unit and psf is cheaper. The Esta is about $1200 to $1300 psf.

these are the units of not so good facing
In The Seaview, good facing big units are now $1,600psf+ at least

Amber Woods
09-10-12, 12:50

We look at the big picture and make comparison. A ten-year FH unit in D15 for $1300 psf vs a LH (under-construction) unit in D16 for more than $2000 psf? No right or wrong answer. It is a matter of choice of course.

Like Ms VIP said in her blog; The pros play the money game to win. The amateurs play the money game not to lose out.

Laguna
09-10-12, 12:55
We look at the big picture and make comparison. A ten-year FH unit in D15 for $1300 psf vs a LH (under-construction) unit in D16 for more than $2000 psf? No right or wrong answer. It is a matter of choice of course.

Like Ms VIP said in her blog; The pros play the money game to win. The amateurs play the money game not to lose out.

can u help me to find a 10 years FH in D15 with psf of $1,300, Amber area. I am looking to buy. and u mean eCO is now doing at $2,000?

Amber Woods
09-10-12, 13:00
can u help me to find a 10 years FH in D15 with psf of $1,300, Amber area. I am looking to buy. and u mean eCO is now doing at $2,000?

I have done my visits and searches and please do yours as you appear doubtful. It is rewarding to be resourceful when buying property.

DC33_2008
09-10-12, 13:02
You can get 999LH in D1 at this $psf but w/o seaview. ;)

Laguna
09-10-12, 13:05
I have done my visits and searches and please do yours as you appear doubtful. It is rewarding to be resourceful when buying property.

hahaha, i think it is good for you to share your findings.

yowetan
09-10-12, 13:07
Flamingo Valley is the best catch.

eng81157
09-10-12, 13:15
Flamingo Valley is the best catch.

Isn't it Trizon @ Mt Sinai?! :doh:

you were raving about it only a couple of weeks ago

Amber Woods
09-10-12, 13:26
hahaha, i think it is good for you to share your findings.

can u help me to find a 10 years FH in D15 with psf of $1,300, Amber area.

I find these lines very familiar when discussing or negotiating with housing agents. I shall fade away from this thread for obvious reasons.

For those who are more resourceful, go to URA's website or Square Foot Research's website. Your efforts will be rewarded.

phantom_opera
09-10-12, 14:12
@Amber Woods .... why compare to SOHO?? SOHO is 3.4m high ceiling ... personally I will not buy too

Just put it this way, at preview, 1152sqft 3br cost 1200psf ... that should be the reference for comparison ... not SOHO prices

Emma
09-10-12, 14:53
hi fellow forumers - any new launch you guys think are worth keeping a lookout for for the rest of the year? please share ?

all my paperwork with eco purchase is finally completed !

Tripp
09-10-12, 15:02
http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14576

105/107 Tampines Road (FH) by Wing Tai

yowetan
09-10-12, 15:17
Isn't it Trizon @ Mt Sinai?! :doh:

you were raving about it only a couple of weeks ago

It is not my ideal catch though.

Laguna
09-10-12, 16:26
I find these lines very familiar when discussing or negotiating with housing agents. I shall fade away from this thread for obvious reasons.

For those who are more resourceful, go to URA's website or Square Foot Research's website. Your efforts will be rewarded.

And this is what you wrote in Dec 2011.

Can still get 15 yrs loan tenure. Currently staying with my extended family so is free lodging.

So I understand....

Amber Woods
09-10-12, 17:00
And this is what you wrote in Dec 2011.

So I understand....

SIgh!

Instead of criticisig my writing in this thread, you are now trying to confuse readers with a SINGLE QUOTE from another thread on a different subject and said you understand.

I am usually polite with my writing and hence I have no wish to engage you any further. Readers will decide the credibility of your doing.

Amber Woods
09-10-12, 17:19
@Amber Woods .... why compare to SOHO?? SOHO is 3.4m high ceiling ... personally I will not buy too

Just put it this way, at preview, 1152sqft 3br cost 1200psf ... that should be the reference for comparison ... not SOHO prices

You bring up a very good point. SOHO is 3.4m high so it is different.

The developers are selling this idea but I don't. They (the developers) are laughting their way to the bank if more people buy into their idea.

DC33_2008
09-10-12, 17:36
SOHO of only 3.4m cannot do much. It has to be at least 4.3m to have a mezzanine floor.

phantom_opera
09-10-12, 17:39
SOHO of only 3.4m cannot do much. It has to be at least 4.3m to have a mezzanine floor.

Already said ... the SOHO layout of ECO is a mistake ... u open door see kitchen and toilet :banghead:

For me SOHO is the biggest con of the years

Laguna
09-10-12, 17:40
SIgh!

Instead of criticisig my writing in this thread, you are now trying to confuse readers with a SINGLE QUOTE from another thread on a different subject and said you understand.

I am usually polite with my writing and hence I have no wish to engage you any further. Readers will decide the credibility of your doing.

u quoted "I find these lines very familiar when discussing or negotiating with housing agents. I shall fade away from this thread for obvious reasons"

There is nothing wrong of being housing agents, they put in their hard work to earn their livings. And in fact, there are many successful ones as well.

I find your statements are rather insulting to me, when I asked u to share, u cannot share at all, just pointing to the web links and ask people to do their research and saying the lines I wrote very familiar.

I read your past postings to understand you better.

Pikachu1245
09-10-12, 21:52
Already said ... the SOHO layout of ECO is a mistake ... u open door see kitchen and toilet :banghead:

For me SOHO is the biggest con of the years

Believe SOHO,Townhouse,compact 2/3 bedroom residential properties will each have its own preferred buyers in addition to the usual 3/4 bedroom & PH units. That's why there are more of them in the markets being built by developers now and most are selling rather well.

One man's meat is another man's poison. One need to know that diversity is strength. All of them (SOHO/Townhouse/Compact) can live happily ever after in the same development with shared resources(pool/Gym/tennis court etc.)...........:D

phantom_opera
09-10-12, 21:59
Believe SOHO,Townhouse,compact 2/3 bedroom residential properties will each have its own preferred buyers in addition to the usual 3/4 bedroom & PH units. That's why there are more of them in the markets being built by developers now and most are selling rather well.

One man's meat is another man's poison. One need to know that diversity is strength. All of them (SOHO/Townhouse/Compact) can live happily ever after in the same development with shared resources(pool/Gym/tennis court etc.)...........:D

u bought one ... if for own stay no comment ... i am only commenting based on rental perspective (i.e how to justify much higher rental with only 0.5m higher ceiling)

Pikachu1245
09-10-12, 22:00
http://propertysoul.com/2012/10/08/the-fear-of-losing-out-part-ii-eco-showflat/ (http://propertysoul.com/2012/10/08/the-fear-of-losing-out-part-ii-eco-showflat/)

The fear of losing out (part II: eCO showflat) (http://propertysoul.com/2012/10/08/the-fear-of-losing-out-part-ii-eco-showflat/)

October 8, 2012

One Sunday afternoon hubby and I drove past the second property that I bought in 2003 (http://propertysoul.com/2011/09/02/story-of-my-second-property-a-bank-sale-part-i/).

Next to it, we were surprised to see the carpark almost full at the eCO showflat.

The site of eCO is an empty slope right in front of Bedok Court. I remember the grass on this slope has been replanted at least twice in three years, probably to hold the loose soil.

On the left of the site is a whole stretch of land built with Terraces and Semi-Detached houses, extending all the way to the coastline.

Mentioned in his book Secrets of Property Millionaires, this is also where property investor Rayney Wong bought three Semi-Detached houses at $1.8 to 1.9 million at the peak of the property market in 1996, and later forced to sell at a loss of $1.3 million.

We were greeted by a Far East sales representative. As you may know, an in-house sales is usually less experienced than an agency representative.

So when the Far East staff commented that Bedok Court is an HUDC, I quickly bit my lower lip not to let out a giggle.

He was also convinced that we would come back after driving around the neigborhood. Unfortunately, he forgot to take down our contacts before we left.

Anyway, the first showflat showcased a 2-bedder with basic finishings, tiny rooms and no bathtub.

The 3-bedder showflat was no better. It claims to have 1,270 sq ft but looks at most 900 sq ft, losing the precious space for the big balconies. The combined living and dining room is so small that it can only fit a long (rather than round-shaped) dining table. The kitchen is much smaller than the ones in all the 1-bedders I’ve purchased before. The crowd there made the place look even more crammed.

The sales representative told us that there were only two units of 3-bedders left (really?). They are selling at $1.8 million and $1.83 million (i.e. $1,417 psf and $1,441 psf respectively) after discount. The condo blocks are facing each other with no view at all. And the units won’t be ready until 2017.

What? For $1.8 million, I can buy a 2,400 sq ft full seaview 3-bedder at nearby Bedok Court with less than $750 psf. And even a 600 sq ft 1-bedder is asking over $1 million (over $1,700 psf).

He asked us to be fast, hinting at a few group of buyers at the discussion tables ready to place a deposit.

I could vaguely recall when I went to view my nearby second property in 2003 (http://propertysoul.com/2011/09/02/story-of-my-second-property-a-bank-sale-part-ii/), the 1-bedder was also close to 1,200 sq ft. Unlike the eCO, it came with huge living/dining room and bedroom. And it was asking for only $300 psf!

During the two viewings, I was the only buyer there. The agent almost begged me to buy.

I remember looking out of the window at the breath-taking seaview, wondering why no other buyer came to fight with me for this big ‘gem’ here.

Now thinking back, I am grateful for this. For over the years, the property had generated very good rental return. At the end, I managed to sell it for a 119 percent profit.

At this moment, with this crowd of enthusiastic buyers hustling before my eyes, I couldn’t help but wondering what’s on their mind.

Are they hoping that this property can still give them a reasonable rental return at $1,400 to 1,700 psf? Or it can miraculously double in value when they sell it in a few years’ time?

Do they have the need for accommodation so imminent that there is no other alternative but to buy right now?

Or is it simply the Singapore kiasu culture that makes the fear of missing the boat more frightening than making a big loss?

Believe some are long term investors looking at rental or own stay. If these people can hold onto this property even if there is a crisis, why dicourage them from buying? For those who want to speculate property, then have to watch out as nothing is for sure.

Judging from past inflation (e.g. price of coffee in 2003 vs 2012(now)), will property price go up or down over long term(10yrs or more). You can judge for yourself........

radha08
09-10-12, 22:49
alamak 2003 is the sars year of course nobody come and view property la...u go and do viewing and agent suddenly take out tissue paper...Ah Ah Ahhhh Choooo" u dive on the floor take cover how to sign OTP...:doh::doh:

http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_1529_2009-06-03.html

2003 u dare to buy sure win ma....:D

CP5211
10-10-12, 14:32

@Laguna,
So the 1.8 million for the 2 units of 3 bedrooms is FAKE?
I recall Mrs Soh bought at this price:
Retiree Soh Poh Neo, 56, said she bought a 1,152 sq ft three-bedder for
> $1.37 million, or $1,188 psf, as an investment for her son.

Laguna
10-10-12, 15:39
@Laguna,
So the 1.8 million for the 2 units of 3 bedrooms is FAKE?
I recall Mrs Soh bought at this price:
Retiree Soh Poh Neo, 56, said she bought a 1,152 sq ft three-bedder for
> $1.37 million, or $1,188 psf, as an investment for her son.

I think so...I went to eCO yesterday to take picture before the closing of the 3 -bedroom showflat...and after checking, there is no such units at such prices....

gadiny
11-10-12, 20:19
Thought all condos are sold but per latest price list, 2 condos (15-31 and 15-30) still available ... Effect of the MAS regulation ...

kane
11-10-12, 20:46
What's the price tag on those 2 units?

Kanarazu
11-10-12, 20:59

3.4m SOHO can sell better in the middle earth.

gadiny
11-10-12, 21:11
What's the price tag on those 2 units?

Per price list on website, before discount its around

a. 15-31 = $2,340K for 1,356 sqf and
b. 15-30 = $2,240K for 1,367 sqf

After discount of 14.5% (assuming 10% base+2% vicinity+1%vicinity +1.5% FV)

a. 15-31 = $2,000K for 1,356 sqf ($1,475psf) and
b. 15-30 = $1,915K for 1,367 sqf ($1,401 psf)

kane
11-10-12, 21:39
$2m for a 3 bed, are the units that alluring??

Laguna
11-10-12, 22:01
$2m for a 3 bed, are the units that alluring??

These two should be the loft units

perhaps these are the two units referred by vip

kane
11-10-12, 22:22
Ok that explains the $2m price tag. At 1300 including loft area, effective built in should be 1050sqft?

Laguna
11-10-12, 22:25
Per price list on website, before discount its around

a. 15-31 = $2,340K for 1,356 sqf and
b. 15-30 = $2,240K for 1,367 sqf

After discount of 14.5% (assuming 10% base+2% vicinity+1%vicinity +1.5% FV)

a. 15-31 = $2,000K for 1,356 sqf ($1,475psf) and
b. 15-30 = $1,915K for 1,367 sqf ($1,401 psf)

This is quoted by
http://propertysoul.com/2012/10/08/the-fear-of-losing-out-part-ii-eco-showflat/
The sales representative told us that there were only two units of 3-bedders left (really?). They are selling at $1.8 million and $1.83 million (i.e. $1,417 psf and $1,441 psf respectively) after discount.

cannot reconcile the numbers lah....

Khng8
11-10-12, 22:31
This is quoted by
http://propertysoul.com/2012/10/08/the-fear-of-losing-out-part-ii-eco-showflat/
The sales representative told us that there were only two units of 3-bedders left (really?). They are selling at $1.8 million and $1.83 million (i.e. $1,417 psf and $1,441 psf respectively) after discount.

cannot reconcile the numbers lah....
The discounts are removed, lowered so the list price though remain unchanged but effective price has increased.

My guess only lah.

Laguna
11-10-12, 23:12
Ok that explains the $2m price tag. At 1300 including loft area, effective built in should be 1050sqft?
There about
especially when u exclude the staircase and the double volume for the loft

Laguna
13-10-12, 22:01
482 units done
so far, no unit been returned

carbuncle
13-10-12, 22:17
482 units done
so far, no unit been returned

0 return rate, thats amazing

Laguna
13-10-12, 22:21
0 return rate, thats amazing
Looking at the timeline
should hv better view next week

GSLJ
15-10-12, 21:24
Top seller in Sept. :cheers5:

gadiny
16-10-12, 17:29
The new upper changi road site (beside tanah merah) is closed!

Highest bid is by Keppel Land at $8,518.75 psm of GFA which is even higher than Fragrance/worldclass site and Eco of $7,277 psm and $5,750 psm respectively!!!!

Eco chiong!

Laguna
16-10-12, 17:35
$791psf
FEO is going to up the price
HUAT

Laguna
16-10-12, 17:43
$791psf
FEO is going to up the price
HUAT

gadiny
16-10-12, 17:47
Btw Far east and gang did bid for this land at $7,151 psm, ranking 4th in term of bid value!

blackpepperj
16-10-12, 17:50
Congratulations. Is this be the 2nd highest psf bid of OCR?

Tripp
16-10-12, 17:51
Fragrance bidded aggressively as well, lost out to Keppel by a margin... bidded $739 psf.

Really bang balls...

gadiny
16-10-12, 17:56
Although itgood news for me as I do own Eco but seriously $800psf for tanah merah is madness!!!!!

Emma
16-10-12, 18:01
so how much do they need to sell in the future to make a decent profit or break even?
eco 3 bedroom compact - the price of this layout really went up after preview.

Tripp
16-10-12, 18:06
With these kind of bidding prices, very slim chances of returned units for eCO...

gadiny
16-10-12, 18:12
Per the eco agent who seizes the sky high bid px by keppel to promote eco awhile ago via sms, breakeven cost and selling px for keppel should be 1.4k psf and 1.65k psf!! Gasp!

Laguna
16-10-12, 18:16
There was a two bedder returned and available at noon and it was gone in 20 mins

gadiny
16-10-12, 18:18
Very excited about eco sales this week! Chiong!

leftfield
16-10-12, 18:51
Per the eco agent who seizes the sky high bid px by keppel to promote eco awhile ago via sms, breakeven cost and selling px for keppel should be 1.4k psf and 1.65k psf!! Gasp!

I thought construction cost usually between 300-400 psf? So breakeven shld be 1.2K at most?

Laguna
16-10-12, 19:20
I thought construction cost usually between 300-400 psf? So breakeven shld be 1.2K at most?

U should notice CapLand and Keppeland, always engage very ex architects...

I think, those track facing units will be around $1400,
and those facing the landed, high floor, could even as high as $1700.

What I was told, eCO highest done was alr $1700

Leeds
16-10-12, 20:30
At $791 psf ppr, breakeven for mass market condo is about $250-$350 psf ppr. So breakevem for Kep Land is about $1,100. psf. Even if Kep Land will to sell at 15% profit margin, selling price will be about $1,265 psf. This is still cheaper than what FEO's pricing for ECO. I think Kep Land has done their sum and believe they could still compete with FEO or Fragrant even at this price.

Laguna
16-10-12, 20:37
At $791 psf ppr, breakeven for mass market condo is about $250-$350 psf ppr. So breakevem for Kep Land is about $1,100. psf. Even if Kep Land will to sell at 15% profit margin, selling price will be about $1,265 psf. This is still cheaper than what FEO's pricing for ECO. I think Kep Land has done their sum and believe they could still compete with FEO or Fragrant even at this price.

I think u hv read Keppel Land wrongly. There is no cheap product from them. Their brand name is very important. U should notice, Keppel Land hardly participate in GLS.

Normally, a gross profit margin is around 5%pa over about 4 years, so gross profit margin is at least 20-25%

Leeds
16-10-12, 20:40
I think u hv read Keppel Land wrongly. There is no cheap product from them. Their brand name is very important. U should notice, Keppel Land hardly participate in GLS.

Normally, a gross profit margin is around 5%pa over about 4 years, so gross profit margin is at least 20-25%

Lets' make it 20% margin for Kep Land and selling price should be $1320 psf. Still can compete with FEO. If things turn bad, Kep Land can always sell at cost to cut loss at $1100 psf. So not a bad deal for Kep Land.

Laguna
16-10-12, 20:44
Somehow, I could not understand
1. why FEO did not launch after today, instead one month before the tender closing
2. why FEO launched the best towers (A and B) first? this is not their style
3. why FEO tower A&B lower than Casa and Optima?

anyway....just wonder...
case closed afterall

BTW, $791 still need to add 3% stamp duty

buttercarp
16-10-12, 20:49

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/10/16/keppel-land-idINL3E8LG39820121016

Oct 16 (Reuters) - A Keppel Land unit made the top bid of S$434.55 million ($355.5 million) for a residential site in eastern Singapore, beating 10 other bidders in an auction that shows developers remain confident about the property market.
The other bidders for the the land parcel at New Upper Changi Road include units of Singapore's Far East Group and Malaysia's Kuok Group, according to the Urban Redevelopment Authority.
Singapore earlier this month took additional measures to prevent a bubble in its housing market and ensure more prudent lending by banks. The new steps included a maximum tenure of 35 years for residential loans.
Singapore's private home sales in September surged 83.7 percent over the previous month to the highest level in over three years, official data showed on Monday.
Joseph Tan, executive director for residential at consultancy CBRE, said Keppel Land's breakeven price is likely to be around S$1,200 per square foot (psf) and that it may be able to sell the units for over S$1,300 psf when launched.
Keppel Land said in a statement it plans to develop about 700 apartment units ranging from 500 to 1,400 square feet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, may I know where is this land parcel?

gadiny
16-10-12, 21:00
From square foot for this keppel's land at TM. Anyway just an estimate, we will all know the real selling price when it is launched next year!

Land ($m)434.6 Construction ($m)164.7 Land Financing ($m)30.4 Professional / Legal / Taxes ($m)45.8 Marketing / Others ($m)8.1 Est. Total Cost ($m)683.6 Est. Breakeven ($psf)1,245.0

Leeds
16-10-12, 21:01
I remember when the Ng family donated $250m toward the building of the then Jurong Hospital after the death of Ng senior, then Health Mininster Mr KBW announced that the hospital to be name as Ng Teng Fong Hospital. Dr Tan Cheng Bock who was running for President last year spoke strongly against the naming of the hospital after him for reason we all know.

As a private company, FEO is known for its overpriced properties. The ECO is just one example. Amazingly, they are still able to sell ECO at this very high price; credit to its excellent marketing tactics.

I hope FEO is pround to be a son of SIngapore and provides more "affordable" housing to fellow Singaporeans.

leftfield
16-10-12, 21:22
Btw, may I know where is this land parcel?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/sales/NewUppChngi/CL/images-others/NewUppChngi-intro(L).jpg

Opposite Optima, between the MRT station & Stratford Court.

Laguna
16-10-12, 21:25
From square foot for this keppel's land at TM. Anyway just an estimate, we will all know the real selling price when it is launched next year!

Land ($m)434.6 Construction ($m)164.7 Land Financing ($m)30.4 Professional / Legal / Taxes ($m)45.8 Marketing / Others ($m)8.1 Est. Total Cost ($m)683.6 Est. Breakeven ($psf)1,245.0

land cost $791 psf
stamp duty 3%
property tax till TOP (say 4 years) 5% pa x4x $791
Interest cost for land and construction is about 5% pa

gross profit 4% pa for 4 years...all these added up selling price...$1,400 minimum for track facing units.

bakasa2002
16-10-12, 21:36
1. why FEO did not launch after today, instead one month before the tender closing

This one I can answer ... Agent was telling me during the early presentation that FEO is using the TM plot that Fragrance won as benchmark, guess they didn't want to wait for this cos' they didn't expect Keppel to come storming into the East w their financial might ... :)

Come to think of it, Keppel rarely compete for suburban plots? Last that I rem they were marketing is The Luxurie, which they did quite badly?

bakasa2002
16-10-12, 21:38
land cost $791 psf
stamp duty 3%
property tax till TOP (say 4 years) 5% pa x4x $791
Interest cost for land and construction is about 5% pa

gross profit 4% pa for 4 years...all these added up selling price...$1,400 minimum for track facing units.

Laguna how many storeys are they allow to build on this plot? 1.6 GPR?

Laguna
16-10-12, 21:42
Laguna how many storeys are they allow to build on this plot? 1.6 GPR?

15 storey

or more blocks of 12 storey...
as this one got town house, so can go up to 15 floor

gadiny
16-10-12, 21:44
Table 1: Standard GPR/Storey Height Typology for Residential Developments

Gross Plot Ratio Storey Height Control
1.4 5
1.6 12
2.1 24
2.8 36
>2.8 >36

bakasa2002
16-10-12, 21:50
15 storey

eh, you mean eco or the one Keppel just bidded for?

bakasa2002
16-10-12, 22:00
Table 1: Standard GPR/Storey Height Typology for Residential Developments

Gross Plot Ratio Storey Height Control
1.4 5
1.6 12
2.1 24
2.8 36
>2.8 >36

Oki. Thanks. :)

Laguna
16-10-12, 22:01
eh, you mean eco or the one Keppel just bidded for?

eCO lah

similarly for Kovan Regency

Tripp
16-10-12, 22:10
eCO cannot launch too late...

- cos early birdie catches all the BUYERS...
- competition with Kovan Regency
- wanna be top seller of the month
- already got Fragrance as benchmark

Anyway, TM area huat already!

buttercarp
16-10-12, 22:12
Hi leftfield

Thanks.
The portion of land is elevated, right?

If so I wonder will that affect the number of storeys (Laguna said 15 floors) they can built?

Tripp
16-10-12, 22:14
By the way, the Fragrance project is known as "URBAN VISTA".

Laguna
16-10-12, 22:18
Hi leftfield

Thanks.

If so I wonder will that affect the number of storeys (Laguna said 15 floors) they can built?

Two tower blocks at eCO are 15 storey instead of 12 as there are MCP below.
And other towers are 15 storey as well instead of 12 becos of the townhouses.

so within the GFA, a few blocks can go into 15 storey.

buttercarp
16-10-12, 22:18

LOL.... isn't Tanah Merah suburban?

Laguna
16-10-12, 22:22

Fragrance's standard

Clim1688
16-10-12, 22:36
15 storey

I really didn't anticipate optima owners will have their Seaview blocked so soon after TOP

This new keppel project will have fantastic south and easternly view..

leftfield
16-10-12, 22:40

Oh dear, that sounds awful. :scared-4:

leftfield
16-10-12, 22:43
Hi leftfield

Thanks.

There's a small road right behind the plot going up into a private estate of terrace houses. You can see the elevation from the road.

buttercarp
16-10-12, 22:46
Oh dear, that sounds awful. :scared-4:

Yup, sounds like a pub or something.......

kane
16-10-12, 23:00
2. why FEO launched the best towers (A and B) first? this is not their style
3. why FEO tower A&B lower than Casa and Optima?

anyway....just wonder...
case closed afterall

BTW, $791 still need to add 3% stamp duty

their loss your gain.

bakasa2002
16-10-12, 23:13
I had always thought that it will be low rise on the new plot that Keppel just bidded. :)

leftfield
16-10-12, 23:19
I had always thought that it will be low rise on the new plot that Keppel just bidded. :)

Believe Bedok road is the boundary. Beyond that, seems like GPA only allows no more than 5 storeys.

carbuncle
17-10-12, 09:28
LOL.... isn't Tanah Merah suburban?

Vista means View. Urban Vista means view of the urban.

You can't view the whole urban if you are in it.

buttercarp
17-10-12, 09:47
Vista means View. Urban Vista means view of the urban.

You can't view the whole urban if you are in it.

Oic....... LOL.
So if can't get whole urban view, then it should be suburban view then :p .

Tripp
17-10-12, 10:04
http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Property/Story/A1Story20070829-23530.html

Remember this article? :D

gadiny
17-10-12, 10:07
Housing site near Tanah Merah MRT gets S$434.6m top bid
04:45 AM Oct 17, 2012

SINGAPORE - The tender for a housing site in New Upper Changi Road attracted 11 bids by the close yesterday, with Keppel Land unit Sherwood Developments submitting the top bid of S$434.6 million, the Urban Redevelopment Authority said.

Located within an established private housing estate and close to Tanah Merah MRT Station, the 99-year leasehold site has an area of 343,171 sq ft and a maximum gross floor area of 549,078 sq ft.

"When awarded the site ... Keppel Land plans to develop about 700 homes ranging from 500 to 1,400 sq ft in one- to four-bedroom configurations," said the developer, whose bid translates to S$791 per sq ft per plot ratio.

Mr Lee Sze Teck, Senior Manager of Training, Research and Consultancy at DWG, noted that Sherwood's bid was 7.1 per cent higher than the second best bid from Bayfront Land, a joint venture between Fragrance Group and World Class Land.

The latter two won a tender for a housing site in nearby Tanah Merah Kechil in August at S$676 psfppr, and the higher prices bid for the New Upper Changi Road site underlined the confidence of developers in the property market, he said.

The estimated breakeven is between S$1,150 and S$1,200 psf, while the selling price could be in the range of S$1,400 to S$1,450 psf, higher than the average selling price of S$1,300 to S$1,400 psf at eCO at Bedok South, he added.

kane
17-10-12, 10:20
Laguna bought below the average price. Heh.

carbuncle
17-10-12, 10:38
Oic....... LOL.
So if can't get whole urban view, then it should be suburban view then :p .

Jokes aside, probably lack of imagination just pull reference from the new Vista 8 hdb blocks nearby.

Laguna
17-10-12, 12:11
Laguna bought below the average price. Heh.

thanks to the power of networking :cheers1:

bakasa2002
17-10-12, 23:53
Housing site near Tanah Merah MRT gets S$434.6m top bid
04:45 AM Oct 17, 2012

SINGAPORE - The tender for a housing site in New Upper Changi Road attracted 11 bids by the close yesterday, with Keppel Land unit Sherwood Developments submitting the top bid of S$434.6 million, the Urban Redevelopment Authority said.

Located within an established private housing estate and close to Tanah Merah MRT Station, the 99-year leasehold site has an area of 343,171 sq ft and a maximum gross floor area of 549,078 sq ft.

"When awarded the site ... Keppel Land plans to develop about 700 homes ranging from 500 to 1,400 sq ft in one- to four-bedroom configurations," said the developer, whose bid translates to S$791 per sq ft per plot ratio.

Mr Lee Sze Teck, Senior Manager of Training, Research and Consultancy at DWG, noted that Sherwood's bid was 7.1 per cent higher than the second best bid from Bayfront Land, a joint venture between Fragrance Group and World Class Land.

The latter two won a tender for a housing site in nearby Tanah Merah Kechil in August at S$676 psfppr, and the higher prices bid for the New Upper Changi Road site underlined the confidence of developers in the property market, he said.

The estimated breakeven is between S$1,150 and S$1,200 psf, while the selling price could be in the range of S$1,400 to S$1,450 psf, higher than the average selling price of S$1,300 to S$1,400 psf at eCO at Bedok South, he added.

Wah, 676ppr vs 791ppr v big diff leh ... Keppel gonna build a reflections at TM??? Help me recall a bit what is the price for Sky Habitat ah?

Laguna
17-10-12, 23:55
Wah, 676ppr vs 791ppr v big diff leh ... Keppel gonna build a reflections at TM???

this translates into 55% annualised inflation for the eCO and this site.

bakasa2002
17-10-12, 23:57
Your Q no. is single digit? :D

Laguna
18-10-12, 18:36
Your Q no. is single digit? :D

u meant there is a physical Q number given?
I was not given a number at all...perhaps, given to my agent, but I dunno..
I was just told to reach there by what time with cheque

I know there are a few Qs, but dunno what is going on.

bakasa2002
18-10-12, 21:22
u meant there is a physical Q number given?
I was not given a number at all...perhaps, given to my agent, but I dunno..
I was just told to reach there by what time with cheque

I know there are a few Qs, but dunno what is going on.

I think you must have be given priority check in while the others are queuing ... :)

kane
18-10-12, 21:50

Moral of the story is to wire oneself to the network.

Laguna
19-10-12, 10:40
Moral of the story is to wire oneself to the network.

Yes, right network
This is another universal rule....

eg, one of the reasons why parents want to send their children to TOP schools, pre-schools is also the networking.

BTW, no returned unit for Tower A and B and also so far, I only know of one returned unit.

buttercarp
19-10-12, 11:45
Yes, right network

eg, one of the reasons why parents want to send their children to TOP schools, pre-schools is also the networking.

Yes, agree.
This is very important and it should start from young.

yowetan
19-10-12, 12:29
Henry Park Primary is the obvious choice to kick start networking.

leftfield
19-10-12, 12:36
Yes, right network

BTW, no returned unit for Tower A and B and also so far, I only know of one returned unit.

While I admit this is very real, I have to say that this is very elitist. :tsk-tsk:

So the poor will always remain poor?

Emma
19-10-12, 12:47
very elitist and I hate for kids to think that way too.
for people without networks, just have faith that there are plenty of self made people out there and networking can only get someone so far. hard work and talent still matter alot.
but honestly how many of us still stay in touch with your primary school friends ?

While I admit this is very real, I have to say that this is very elitist. :tsk-tsk:

So the poor will always remain poor?

yowetan
19-10-12, 12:57
for people without networks, just have faith that there are plenty of self made people out there and networking can only get someone so far. hard work and talent still matter alot.
but honestly how many of us still stay in touch with your primary school friends ?

Hi.. I am still in touch with one/two primary school friends.

I am also in touch with several secondary school friends.

I am still keeping in touch with my polytechnic friend, army friends and university friends.

They are all doing much better than me now.

buttercarp
19-10-12, 12:57

That's where the difference is.
In schools with long and rich heritage, the students tend to keep in touch and their society is close knit.

Laguna
19-10-12, 13:02
They are all doing much better than me now.

so, why all of them do much better than U?

leftfield
19-10-12, 13:03
That's where the difference is.
In schools with long and rich heritage, the students tend to keep in touch and their society is close knit.

I was like the only poor kid when I got into a SAP secondary school where a donation to the school with guarantee you a place.

It was damn stressful to see many of classmates being chauffeured to school everyday while I have to take the bus (and the cheapest City Shuttle Service one for that matter!)

And while many of my classmates have become very successful in their respective professional fields, i have never relied on the network in my own career advancement.

carbuncle
19-10-12, 13:16
One needs to have a balance of both. If you are good, and you don't network, nobody's gonna know how good you are.

And while you're at it, ask yourself, truly, what can you really bring to the table as value add?

You won't survive very long if you only TAKE TAKE TAKE from the network and never give back.

Leeds
19-10-12, 13:20
This is how networking works in the civil service. The scholar Director from one agency could call up his/her counter part (also a acholar) in another agency and they could get things done much easier. I heard this from a civil servant friend. So now we know the effect of "group think".

Emma
19-10-12, 13:29
an illumination will never be concealed haha...true true balance is the operative word.
some people take the networking concept too far and become like a social butterfly. you still need to keep your day job and do whatever you are doing. networking can only complement your talent and hard work and make a difference to a certain extent.

One needs to have a balance of both. If you are good, and you don't network, nobody's gonna know how good you are.

And while you're at it, ask yourself, truly, what can you really bring to the table as value add?

You won't survive very long if you only TAKE TAKE TAKE from the network and never give back.

Emma
19-10-12, 13:41
has anyone gone to the eCO show flats recently? Are the show flats just showing the soho and town house units now?

bakasa2002
19-10-12, 14:04
has anyone gone to the eCO show flats recently? Are the show flats just showing the soho and town house units now?

Condo are all sold out barring returned units. :)

Tripp
19-10-12, 14:07
Saw the eCO advertisement yesterday night...

The ticker mentioned new release of Suite & SOHO units, starting from $796,000.

Condo units are all sold out. You can check with the agent for any returned units.

Emma
19-10-12, 14:13
ok thanks cos I am thinking of visiting the show flats but it's just to see the layouts of the soho. and they may find me quite strange to keep going back to see after i have bought hahahah.

eng81157
19-10-12, 14:20

this sounds like the matrix :eek: :eek:

Tripp
19-10-12, 15:02
Good to take the pics of the showflats...

I reckon you may need to choose the colour/style scheme for your unit later. Study each scheme carefully (different schemes for every type of show unit), to see which one you really like.

I don't think you can mix-and-match the schemes in the various show units. Things like floor type, cabinet colours, toilet types etc.

carbuncle
19-10-12, 16:17
this sounds like the matrix :eek: :eek:

bro engeng really crack me up sometimes with your warped interpretations

eng81157
19-10-12, 16:45
bro engeng really crack me up sometimes with your warped interpretations

eh, where got warped? all you need is some active imagination. taking and giving to the network - doesn't it remind you of humans being used as fuel cell for the network in Matrix?

eng81157
19-10-12, 16:46
matrix aside, i'm thankful for keppel land that is propping up prices in that area. :D :D

gadiny
19-10-12, 19:05
Eco has sold more than 490 units!!
Should be able to clear 500 over weekends.
Still have room to grow as about 160 units of soho and townhouse not release yet.

Lets see hows the performance for tomorrow and sun, the 1st weekend after Keppel's record bidding!

Extract from Maybank Kim Eng on Keppel's bid for your reading pleasure:

AggressiveBid for Tanah Merah site

Beefingup suburban landbank.

In a URA tender for a 3.2ha residentialplot that closed on 15 Oct, KepLand put in a top bid of SGD434.6m, or SGD791 psf ppr.Located beside the Tanah Merah MRT Station, the site drew keen attention,attracting eleven bids in all.

With a total GFA of 549,082 sq ft,KepLand intends to build around 700 units, each ranging from 500 to 1,400 sqft.

Surprisinglybullish.

We are quite surprised by KepLand’sbullish bid for the site, given that it was the first tender to close since thelatest round of residential cooling measures. On a psf, Keppel’s bid is 17%higher than a nearby plot sold in August to Fragrance/World Class Land and awhopping 48% higher than the site sold in February, which is now being launchedby Far East Organization as eCO.

Marginsappear thin.

We estimate the breakeven pricefor KepLand's site at approximately $1,250 psf, which is comparable to what eCO(just launched in Sep) is commanding now. The median price for secondary transactionsat Optima on the other side of the road is also at around $1,200 psf.

We expect KepLand to try and pricethe project at close to $1,400 psf, for an 11% pre-tax margin, but that leavesvery little room for error. We estimate the RNAV accretion from thisacquisition at just 4 cents/share.

azeoprop
19-10-12, 23:18
The "True Colors" advertisement is getting rather irritating appearing on every single commercial break on TV. :doh:

bakasa2002
20-10-12, 01:09
The "True Colors" advertisement is getting rather irritating appearing on every single commercial break on TV. :doh:

Totally agreed...feo bought too many slots...

kane
20-10-12, 01:17
FEO's unique advertising. the last time at watertown they were blaring chinese new year over the speaker system at their showroom. ha. but it seems to work.

carbuncle
20-10-12, 09:59
This is called

Spamarketing.

Congress
20-10-12, 10:07
FEO marketing is really No. 1 in Singapore.

carbuncle
20-10-12, 10:54
FEO marketing is really No. 1 in Singapore.

Not rocket science. Catch you at every and any channel. Online, mobile, billboard, papers, tv, radio......... and then blast high volume repeat ad nauseum.

Anybody can do it as long as got $$$$$.

Since they are not listed, nobody can gasp at the marketing spend of this co.

bargain hunter
20-10-12, 11:32
they want you to see FEO's TRUE COLORS mah. :ashamed1:

gadiny
20-10-12, 16:55
True colors of Eco shining through:
>500 units sold within a month of release!

phantom_opera
20-10-12, 20:46
2012-10-02 #06-XX 592 1,359psf $804,776

almost same as BR :simmering:

the new bid by Keppel Land confirms one thing ... land near MRT is as precious as gold .... I thought JLD at 700psf was high enough

latour
20-10-12, 21:42
Further land bid there will cross $800 /psf, and its land only.

propertychap
20-10-12, 22:19
So will land at Bedok Central be even more expensive? Now Bedok residences look like a cheap deal?

bakasa2002
21-10-12, 02:56
So will land at Bedok Central be even more expensive? Now Bedok residences look like a cheap deal?

Ya, really look like value. More so when Keppel launch the proj nx yr. no way cheaper than BR...

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 09:51
Buy BR. Risk is quite low with capitalmall managing the retail mall.

Laguna
21-10-12, 10:00
Ya, really look like value. More so when Keppel launch the proj nx yr. no way cheaper than BR...

wait for Fragance to launch first.
But Frangance may have a different quality in fininshing

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 10:04
There will be stiff rental competition in this region with so many new condos added to the existing condos. Proximity to shopping malls and transport will be important attributes.

Laguna
21-10-12, 10:08
There will be stiff rental competition in this region with so many new condos added to the existing condos. Proximity to shopping malls and transport will be important attributes.

I can see overall, with so many properties TOP, the stiff competition is everywhere.

So it depends on the 6m population to come true in the NEAR FUTURE.

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 10:13
You are season enough to know location and amenities are the key attributes for rental demand. Each location has its cap on rental price.
I can see overall, with so many properties TOP, the stiff competition is everywhere.

So it depends on the 6m population to come true in the NEAR FUTURE.

phantom_opera
21-10-12, 10:21
If MM, Just leave one or two empty, safer than holding physical gold

Laguna
21-10-12, 10:27
You are season enough to know location and amenities are the key attributes for rental demand. Each location has its cap on rental price.

yes, fully agreed
even within the same project, some are of very good rentability and some are not...

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 10:56
Maybe becos of good view or invested money in an ID to do up the place. I always believe giving a bare unit. A good unit will sell or secure good rental with some quality lighting and curtain.
yes, fully agreed
even within the same project, some are of very good rentability and some are not...

zeamybro
21-10-12, 11:33
Buy BR. Risk is quite low with capitalmall managing the retail mall.

Yes I have full confidence in capitalmall, just look at how they revived illumma, IMM, BPP and PS ... Lets see if they can similar wonders for the future Bedok Mall

DC33_2008
21-10-12, 11:34
Was at illuma last weekend. It is really crowded. :D So better bet to buy BR if investing in that area.
Yes I have full confidence in capitalmall, just look at how they revived IMM, BPP and PS ... Lets see if they can similar wonders for Illuma and the future Bedok Mall

kane
21-10-12, 14:52
Capitaland is very good at managing malls.

propertychap
21-10-12, 15:38
br left only 3 and 4 bedrooms leh

price
21-10-12, 15:50
wait for Fragance to launch first.
But Frangance may have a different quality in fininshing
Fragrance been buying a lot of land / enbloc projects. wonder which 1 will launch next.

cbsh38584
21-10-12, 15:53
br left only 3 and 4 bedrooms leh

This site is a former Cemetery over 40 years ago.

kane
21-10-12, 16:04
so was taka. cemetary land all huat. lol.

cbsh38584
21-10-12, 17:11
so was taka. cemetary land all huat. lol.

You will not able to have any upside if U buy it for investment. When it is T.O.P 3 years later. You will start to pay your property tax (3k/yr plus) , maintenance fee (3k plus/yr) & mortgage loan (est 24k plus/yr assume low rate). All add will be >30k/yr. If U cannot rent out, it will be a liablities.

Do U think U can rent out by the time it is T.O.P in 3 yrs time? Do U think after 5 yrs , your property can sell @ $1500 psf if U decide to sell it ?

This is a former cemetery site & the site is a triangular shape. Not worth the risk to buy @ this price.

rdgs,
Vic

kane
21-10-12, 17:33
It was a tongue in cheek comment. As we speak, centro at amk central is transacting at $1700psf. I may not be a fan of $1.3-1.6k psf for these town centre projects but there seems to be lots of eager beavers who are.

amk
21-10-12, 17:37
Do U think after 5 yrs , your property can sell @ $1500 psf if U decide to sell it ?

5yrs is a long time...any thing is possible .

kane
21-10-12, 17:46
5% inflation per year compounded after 5 years is 27.6%.

Kanarazu
21-10-12, 18:21

Interesting.. because the 1958 and 1980 maps didn't show it as a cemetery.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp80/mp80map_index.htm
http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp58/mp58map_index.htm

buttercarp
21-10-12, 18:36
Interesting.. because the 1958 and 1980 maps didn't show it as a cemetery.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp80/mp80map_index.htm
http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp58/mp58map_index.htm
Sorry, don't quite follow the story.
BR I assume it means bedok residences, not Bartley residence?
If bedok, then I agree...... Haven't heard of cemetery there before.

Kanarazu
21-10-12, 18:45
Sorry, don't quite follow the story.
BR I assume it means bedok residences, not Bartley residence?
If bedok, then I agree...... Haven't heard of cemetery there before.

I thought "triangular site" refers to eCo.. anyway, be it bedok R, bartley R or eCo.. the maps didnt show as cemeteries. However, Lucky Heights/Garden there is a cemetery, and that's also where sook ching took place I guess?

Laguna
21-10-12, 19:59
The cemetery is at the end if Bedok Road and Upper Changi Road.

zeamybro
21-10-12, 20:58
I thought "triangular site" refers to eCo.. anyway, be it bedok R, bartley R or eCo.. the maps didnt show as cemeteries. However, Lucky Heights/Garden there is a cemetery, and that's also where sook ching took place I guess?

I think cbsh referring to Eco and not either of the BRs.... Even if it was a cemetery, I would think cemeteries in the past usually occupied the fengshui di ... The rich were v particular with where they would be buried, so they usually get the best lands like bishan

cbsh38584
21-10-12, 22:51
I think cbsh referring to Eco and not either of the BRs.... Even if it was a cemetery, I would think cemeteries in the past usually occupied the fengshui di ... The rich were v particular with where they would be buried, so they usually get the best lands like bishan

Yes. I am referring to Eco. The summit condo is also a former cemetery site.
Do all of U ever heard that some units are hunted? My friend who lived at Bedok south told me.

Opp the Eco condo,there are two block of HDB all rented out to foreigners. Not sure why HDB did not tear down & rebuild. Instead HDB used it to collect rent. I am not sure what is HDB plan for this 2 block of HDB. It is less than 20 yrs old yr.

rdgs,
Vic

Kanarazu
21-10-12, 23:03
Yes. I am referring to Eco. The summit condo is also a former cemetery site.
Do all of U ever heard that some units are hunted? My friend who lived at Bedok south told me.

Opp the Eco condo,there are two block of HDB all rented out to foreigners. Not sure why HDB did not tear down & rebuild. Instead HDB used it to collect rent. I am not sure what is HDB plan for this 2 block of HDB. It is less than 20 yrs old yr.

rdgs,
Vic

Found this on internet about Summit/Lucky Heights/Kew... yes, that area is where the Sook Ching took place, 700+ were rounded and executed there.
http://goodmorningyesterday.blogspot.tw/2009/12/world-war-two-at-upper-east-coast-road.html