PDA

View Full Version : What so good & excited about jurong gateway?

roly8
20-06-12, 13:03
what i see is another few new malls & hospitals..

-_-

westman
20-06-12, 13:05

-_-

More chio bu, perhaps? :D :D

roly8
20-06-12, 13:11
More chio bu, perhaps? :D :D

chio your head la

got alot of foreign girls for you to pick eh. china :D

ay123
20-06-12, 13:55

-_-

not enuff??

roly8
20-06-12, 13:59
not enuff??

too many malls around :o

i am alright with hospital though

Poloclub
20-06-12, 17:15
too many malls around :o

i am alright with hospital though

mall + commercial office space + hotels + hospital + existing IBP + F&B + family attractions + residential

House
20-06-12, 17:17
mall + commercial office space + hotels + hospital + existing IBP + F&B + family attractions + residential

+ all the pollution :D

roly8
20-06-12, 18:24

ok....

very crowded:o:o

Poloclub
20-06-12, 18:34
ok....

very crowded:o:o

that can only be a good thing

westman
20-06-12, 18:41
chio your head la

got alot of foreign girls for you to pick eh. china :D

Possible leh as there will be hotel near by... Hope H81 got it!!!!

Poloclub
20-06-12, 18:50
Possible leh as there will be hotel near by... Hope H81 got it!!!!

T&C of this hotel site will not be suitable for a typical H81 hotel.

westman
20-06-12, 21:03
T&C of this hotel site will not be suitable for a typical H81 hotel.

Why not? Got insider info?

teddybear
20-06-12, 23:55
No worry, with all the attractions, more people will live and work there and help to cleanse the polluted air with their lungs before the air gets diffuse outwards to other areas, making the air less polluted as they leave Jurong areas. Good news indeed! :p

+ all the pollution :D

hyenergix
21-06-12, 06:52

-_-

The west side has a virtual constricted neck around Jurong East. You can see this also from the distance between AYE and PIE, as compared to the rest of the island.

This is due to the Mindef restricted areas to the north west and the sea to the south. It is a physical constraint that restricts smooth traffic for people working in Jurong Island, Pioneer road and Tuas, which are still expanding. fact that NUS, NTU, SIM, NP, SP that are big tertiary institution that are also expanding helps a lot. PSA itself is also growing. To reduce travelling time, people will slowly gravitate towards Jurong East/Clementi.

A similar situation develops in the East. The Paya Lebar restricted area pushed activities towards the East coast. As not many people want to be pushed northwards towards Punggol and Pasir Ris in the past, the east becomes a narrow belt of development, thus pushing up the psf. Of course the attraction along the sea helps a lot too.

If Jurong East/Clementi were to develop further, the success will not be too far from the east coast belt.

Allthepies
21-06-12, 07:45
the only thing exciting to investor like us is climbing rental and psf : )

roly8
21-06-12, 09:16
If Jurong East/Clementi were to develop further, the success will not be too far from the east coast belt.

current jurong east MRT already very crowded..

cannot imagine how it will be like when those new buildings pop out.

lajia
21-06-12, 10:31
current jurong east MRT already very crowded..

cannot imagine how it will be like when those new buildings pop out.

to reduce the ppl traffic at the JE mrt and surrounding, maybe next yr master plan they will announce circle line that link JE mrt, Jurong West (gek poh area), NTU, Tengah, etc...who knows...this could be a way to help reduce the congestion during peak hrs. look at the current mrt map and u will realise they need something like that for the 2nd CBD...

just my opinion....:p

Kelonguni
21-06-12, 10:46
Excellent analysis. I hope to spend my working life in this region, but definitely retire in the East or Northeast. The hussle is excellent for work but not leisure and retirement. My opinions only.

The west side has a virtual constricted neck around Jurong East. You can see this also from the distance between AYE and PIE, as compared to the rest of the island.

This is due to the Mindef restricted areas to the north west and the sea to the south. It is a physical constraint that restricts smooth traffic for people working in Jurong Island, Pioneer road and Tuas, which are still expanding. fact that NUS, NTU, SIM, NP, SP that are big tertiary institution that are also expanding helps a lot. PSA itself is also growing. To reduce travelling time, people will slowly gravitate towards Jurong East/Clementi.

A similar situation develops in the East. The Paya Lebar restricted area pushed activities towards the East coast. As not many people want to be pushed northwards towards Punggol and Pasir Ris in the past, the east becomes a narrow belt of development, thus pushing up the psf. Of course the attraction along the sea helps a lot too.

lajia
21-06-12, 11:10
Excellent analysis. I hope to spend my working life in this region, but definitely retire in the East or Northeast. The hussle is excellent for work but not leisure and retirement. My opinions only.

actually what kind of entertainment or leisure does the east has besides east coast, downtown east or changi airport?? :D and how often do we go to places like downtown east, etc? for retirement, maybe LCK might be a very peaceful place in future if they develop into a kampong town :p

most attractions are in the west or north west. Science Centre, Discovery centre, bird park, zoo, here also got west coast park :D so developing JLD is long overdue and it does make sense to have hotels here...:2cents:

eng81157
21-06-12, 13:11
actually what kind of entertainment or leisure does the east has besides east coast, downtown east or changi airport?? :D and how often do we go to places like downtown east, etc? for retirement, maybe LCK might be a very peaceful place in future if they develop into a kampong town :p

most attractions are in the west or north west. Science Centre, Discovery centre, bird park, zoo, here also got west coast park :D so developing JLD is long overdue and it does make sense to have hotels here...:2cents:

i believe you forgot to mention heavy industries, refineries, shipyards, drydocks, army bases, etc etc. i'm sure these make the western region more attractive than east coast. i'm also pretty confident that you visit the bird park, science centre, discovery centre almost every other month too.

Poloclub
21-06-12, 14:46
i believe you forgot to mention heavy industries, refineries, shipyards, drydocks, army bases, etc etc. i'm sure these make the western region more attractive than east coast. i'm also pretty confident that you visit the bird park, science centre, discovery centre almost every other month too.

What heavy industry are you referring to?

The distant between jurong island to JLD is the same as Pulau Bukom to Sentosa.

Aviation and maritime pollution are just as bad and it is growing by the year. Have you ever smell those fumes from the aircraft before take off? have you consider all the fumes coming from those dirty bunker oil use by shipping vessel? And not to mention those seaview units in the east which is facing the ECP.

Poloclub
21-06-12, 15:10

there is no beach in the west though. But west do have the best seaview, which is at Tuas south or raffles marina area.

eng81157
21-06-12, 15:18
What heavy industry are you referring to?

The distant between jurong island to JLD is the same as Pulau Bukom to Sentosa.

Aviation and maritime pollution are just as bad and it is growing by the year. Have you ever smell those fumes from the aircraft before take off? have you consider all the fumes coming from those dirty bunker oil use by shipping vessel? And not to mention those seaview units in the east which is facing the ECP.

huh? there aren't heavy industries in Singapore or u don't know what heavy industries mean? Gul and Benoit is closer to JLD than east coast, period.

1. dirty bunker oil use by shipping vessel - i hope you are aware that our ports are all along the west coast. all things being equal, i would say a concentration of ships on the west coast is likely to make the air quality worse. before you differ, please go read up a module on environmental engineering
2. fumes from aircraft - nope, i don't live on changi airport's tarmac, camp by changi beach or anywhere close enough to smell em'

Poloclub
21-06-12, 15:37
huh? there aren't heavy industries in Singapore or u don't know what heavy industries mean? Gul and Benoit is closer to JLD than east coast, period.

1. dirty bunker oil use by shipping vessel - i hope you are aware that our ports are all along the west coast. all things being equal, i would say a concentration of ships on the west coast is likely to make the air quality worse. before you differ, please go read up a module on environmental engineering
2. fumes from aircraft - nope, i don't live on changi airport's tarmac, camp by changi beach or anywhere close enough to smell em'

I know there are many big factories along Gul and Benoi, but what exactly do you mean by heavy industry? A steel stockist is consider as heavy industry, but they dont emit toxic chemical.

yes ports are along tanjong pagar and west coast, but the vessels are all queuing along the east coast. If you look at the map on google earth, you can actually see more ships waiting along east coast than those docking at the port.

Air pollution from air craft can travel for many miles, you dont really need to be living in Changi to to effected by aviation pollution.

If you are living in the North or North East region, there will also be pollution coming from Pasir Gudang.

eng81157
21-06-12, 15:47
I know there are many big factories along Gul and Benoi, but what exactly do you mean by heavy industry? A steel stockist is consider as heavy industry, but they dont emit toxic chemical.

yes ports are along tanjong pagar and west coast, but the vessels are all queuing along the east coast. If you look at the map on google earth, you can actually see more ships waiting along east coast than those docking at the port.

Air pollution from air craft can travel for many miles, you dont really need to be living in Changi to to effected by aviation pollution.

If you are living in the North or North East region, there will also be pollution coming from Pasir Gudang.

no need to talk about steel and ore. check out the smell from the all-time favorite cocoa factory in the west.

while i agree ships are all along the entire southern coast of the island, the concentration and distance makes a huge difference in terms of air quality.

having new malls ain't exciting to me. noise and crowd aren't my definition of a good quality of life.

lajia
21-06-12, 15:50
having new malls ain't exciting to me. noise and crowd aren't my definition of a good quality of life.

you are right to say that...it all voice down to personal preference....just like i would not pay for another 200-400k just because the condo is near to mrt...:D everyone has something that they look out for. :o

roly8
21-06-12, 16:01

yea lor.
:doh::doh::doh:

all these malls & expensive hospitals are to make $$ for sg govt one.
:banghead:

Poloclub
21-06-12, 16:11
no need to talk about steel and ore. check out the smell from the all-time favorite cocoa factory in the west.

while i agree ships are all along the entire southern coast of the island, the concentration and distance makes a huge difference in terms of air quality.

The distant between the chocolate factory to JLD is around 3+km, while the shipping vessel along east coast to the shoreline is around 1.5km.

Chocolate doesnt emitt harmful gas, but shipping liner does.

Mall or no Mall, thats up to individual, but from property investment point of view, that can only be a good thing.

eng81157
21-06-12, 16:31
The distant between the chocolate factory to JLD is around 3+km, while the shipping vessel along east coast to the shoreline is around 1.5km.

Chocolate doesnt emitt harmful gas, but shipping liner does.

Mall or no Mall, thats up to individual, but from property investment point of view, that can only be a good thing.

is this akin to saying ALL shipping vessels are located at an equi-distant of 1.5km from our shorelines? going by your admission, concentration of ships along the west coast is bad.

fumes from the cocoa factory ain't not harmful? not too sure, since we don't have test results on it but it sure stinks. there are times when i can smell it from NTU, which is a good 3-4km away.

Poloclub
21-06-12, 16:37
is this akin to saying ALL shipping vessels are located at an equi-distant of 1.5km from our shorelines? going by your admission, concentration of ships along the west coast is bad.

fumes from the cocoa factory ain't not harmful? not too sure, since we don't have test results on it but it sure stinks. there are times when i can smell it from NTU, which is a good 3-4km away.

Since you are the one who talk about air pollution around JLD, then you should quantify the level of pollution.

Smell? I can tell you that my fart is worst. Does that mean that my family are in danger?

ay123
21-06-12, 16:37
there is no need to debate. there are ppl still think JLD is a dream despite so much happening. personally i think JLD is a potential gold mine when fully develop and it could happen within 10 yrs. requirement for site development is within 6 yrs. property investment is long term so JLD is just right for long term investment.

Poloclub
21-06-12, 16:55
there is no need to debate. there are ppl still think JLD is a dream despite so much happening. personally i think JLD is a potential gold mine when fully develop and it could happen within 10 yrs. requirement for site development is within 6 yrs. property investment is long term so JLD is just right for long term investment.

I wonder why?

http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/market-watch/rental-yield

Kelonguni
21-06-12, 17:00
My take on this issue is very different, or at least I think. The characteristics of people who choose to live in different parts of Singapore are different, according to my experience.

People from the west are very "no-nonsense", value-for-money, $-and-cents type. They walk fast to save time. They drive quite aggressively, whether its a sedan or company car. Almost military-style effective! Great for efficiency. Even the buildings are super tall and close to one another. Buildings in general are no-nonsense square or rectangle.

People from the East are very relaxed, easy-going, more friendly, and care more for the other aspects of life. The pace in the East is much slower. People walk slower. Cars in the sub-roads are also slower. Buildings are in general shorter and more spaced out (but could be due to flight restrictions on height as well). More creativty in building structure and a little more space in the parks and recreation areas as well.

I stereotype quite a bit, but my years of experience living in both sides of Singapore have shown a consistent trend so far. This is not something that Govt plans can really change.

ay123
21-06-12, 17:03
[quote=Poloclub]I wonder why?

missed the early boat....love turned hatred!!! :D

i think LF has potential but now the asking price also quite high

Poloclub
21-06-12, 17:10
[quote=Poloclub]I wonder why?

missed the early boat....love turned hatred!!! :D

i think LF has potential but now the asking price also quite high

perhaps. but whats the point?

Allthepies
21-06-12, 20:23
if u like natural vegetatioin and nature reserve, most r situated in central and central west of singapore.if u like a quiet place to cycle, west coast definitly win east coast(conjested and polluted with people like some forumers say).chinese garden is a very peaceful and serene place too, bukit batok guilin, bukit timah nature reserve, mandai area nature reserve, countless places.east got east coast park only.ha ha

Allthepies
21-06-12, 20:28
My take on this issue is very different, or at least I think. The characteristics of people who choose to live in different parts of Singapore are different, according to my experience.

People from the west are very "no-nonsense", value-for-money, $-and-cents type. They walk fast to save time. They drive quite aggressively, whether its a sedan or company car. Almost military-style effective! Great for efficiency. Even the buildings are super tall and close to one another. Buildings in general are no-nonsense square or rectangle.

People from the East are very relaxed, easy-going, more friendly, and care more for the other aspects of life. The pace in the East is much slower. People walk slower. Cars in the sub-roads are also slower. Buildings are in general shorter and more spaced out (but could be due to flight restrictions on height as well). More creativty in building structure and a little more space in the parks and recreation areas as well.

I stereotype quite a bit, but my years of experience living in both sides of Singapore have shown a consistent trend so far. This is not something that Govt plans can really change.
u refering to the famous joo chiat family u mean? fight until on tv;) it like saying the people in the east r shorter becos the building r shorter.

hyenergix
21-06-12, 20:41
if u like natural vegetatioin and nature reserve, most r situated in central and central west of singapore.if u like a quiet place to cycle, west coast definitly win east coast(conjested and polluted with people like some forumers say).chinese garden is a very peaceful and serene place too, bukit batok guilin, bukit timah nature reserve, mandai area nature reserve, countless places.east got east coast park only.ha ha

Two big condos coming up juz opp Mac at west coast. Also a huge one opp NUS too. Not sure y public fund is used to build condo for foreign staffs. Area is getting crowded.

phantom_opera
21-06-12, 21:29
what is the psf in JLD you guys think is potential in 5y, dun talk about 10y lah

1500psf or 1800psf or 2000psf? :D

roly8
21-06-12, 21:37
what is the psf in JLD you guys think is potential in 5y, dun talk about 10y lah

siao ah.

you think singaporean so rich? :scared-2:

Poloclub
21-06-12, 21:48

I think it will range from 1300 to 1800psf to new launches (If any). Resale, 1100 to 1500 psf.

phantom_opera
21-06-12, 21:59
I think it will range from 1300 to 1800psf to new launches (If any). Resale, 1100 to 1500 psf.

Caspian / LB MM already above 1300psf woh ... the Jurong East bid was 705psf so going to sell around 1300psf also ..... even buy 1300psf sell 1500psf in 5y time not that good return leh

Komo
22-06-12, 08:50
..at least there is one nice chinese restaurant near the gem:p
(is that area considered part of the "gateway":confused: )