PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe ........

irisng
14-06-12, 21:02
Is it safe to let the management and the security guards know that we will not be at home for 2 weeks?

ikan bilis
14-06-12, 21:16
heya... just stick a note on your front door...

"there isn't any 300 grams of gold kept inside this condo unit"...

;)

Komo
14-06-12, 21:50
not safe to let anyone know... tell them you changed mind, switch on light and fan while away:D

irisng
14-06-12, 22:11
heya... just stick a note on your front door...

"there isn't any 300 grams of gold kept inside this condo unit"...

;)

Aiya, don't joke lah. This is the longest holidays my family will be away so far since staying here. Our yard has no closing, it is open-aired, if a person is brave enough, he can make use of the staircase to climb into our unit or from the upper unit to our unit.

Normally when we went for our holidays, we don't inform the management or the security guards but this time is different. We didn't get the parking lot for our 2nd car during the last qtr (Apr-Jun'12) balloting, so we have to park somewhere else. Since we didn't get the parking lot for the last qtr, so automatically, this qtr (Jul-Sep'12), we will get a slot. But the problem is we will be away from 22nd June to 7th Jul, so thought of asking the management permission to park our car into the premises 1 week earlier, wonder whether is it possible and will pay the management in advance for the next qtr parking fees. Actually there are still a lot of parking slot available, don't understand why the management doesn't want to release it.

hyenergix
14-06-12, 22:24
Aiya, don't joke lah. This is the longest holidays my family will be away so far since staying here. Our yard has no closing, it is open-aired, if a person is brave enough, he can make use of the staircase to climb into our unit or from the upper unit to our unit.

Normally when we went for our holidays, we don't inform the management or the security guards but this time is different. We didn't get the parking lot for our 2nd car during the last qtr (Apr-Jun'12) balloting, so we have to park somewhere else. Since we didn't get the parking lot for the last qtr, so automatically, this qtr (Jul-Sep'12), we will get a slot. But the problem is we will be away from 22nd June to 7th Jul, so thought of asking the management permission to park our car into the premises 1 week earlier, wonder whether is it possible and will pay the management in advance for the next qtr parking fees. Actually there are still a lot of parking slot available, don't understand why the management doesn't want to release it.

Drive to lorong halus or lim chu kang n park for free there. I suppose no parking warden will go there no harass ur car.

ikan bilis
14-06-12, 22:29

somehow my yard has grill+lock from developer. if you have an opening at yard like that, may be should install grill or install some simple intruder alarm. alarm will generate siren and sms you if intruders detected. Also a big red color sounder/siren installed at outside your door is very "burglary deterrent". (You should be able to use sms to shut down any false alarms)... I do not think mcst and security guards can help much in taking care of your that "yard opening"...

i read from cna side that your condo is quite strict, all visitors' cars have to be out by 11pm... most ec have stricter regulations... good & bad...
;)

irisng
14-06-12, 22:46
somehow my yard has grill+lock from developer. if you have an opening at yard like that, may be should install grill or install some simple intruder alarm. alarm will generate siren and sms you if intruders detected. Also a big red color sounder/siren installed at outside your door is very "burglary deterrent". I do not think mcst and security guards can help much in taking care of your that "yard opening"...

i read from cna side that your condo is quite strict, all visitors' cars have to be out by 11pm... most ec have stricter regulations... good & bad...
;)

Thank you. I think this batch of security guards are quite strict unlike the earliest batch when we had just shifted in >10 yrs ago. Ya, stricter regulations have their good and bad points. Good = residents feel more secure. Bad = inconvenience to certain extent.

focus
15-06-12, 03:00
If got enough parking lots, why the committee refused to let everyone who needs the space to have another lot?

buttercarp
15-06-12, 08:27
I will let my immediate neighbours know.
They will keep a look out for me.
Like wise if they go on long holidays, they will let me know.
For me its a bit different cos my maid will be at home while we are away.
If I were you, I would not let the management nor security guard know.
It is like broadcasting to the whole condo that you are away.

Perhaps you like to ask your parents or in laws to pop in and out at your place randomly while you are away.

As for your second car, Singapre is rather safe.
You may want to buy a car lock to lock the steering wheel if you are worried.
Or you can park your car at your relative's place provided they stay in private estate.

zzz1
15-06-12, 11:18
Is it safe to let the management and the security guards know that we will not be at home for 2 weeks?

nn point to let them know...i don think that they will pay extra attention anyway...

gn108
15-06-12, 13:19
Get a guard dog ...mechanical version of course

irisng
15-06-12, 21:49
If got enough parking lots, why the committee refused to let everyone who needs the space to have another lot?

That's why it puzzles me too. Maybe the committee wants to reserve for the unexpected 1st car owner.

irisng
15-06-12, 22:22
[quote=buttercarp] If I were you, I would not let the management nor security guard know. It is like broadcasting to the whole condo that you are away.

I have thought of that too, a bit risky to let the management and the security guards know, 害人之心不可有,防人之心不可无. But what reason should I give when I pay them my parking fees in advance for the next quarter (Jul-Sep'12). Also thought of asking the management to allow our 2nd car to park in the premises 1 week earlier, otherwise we have to pay for another 1 week (1st Jul - 7th Jul) parking fees at somewhere else.