PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Malaysia properties

hyenergix
14-06-12, 06:35
BETTER OR WORSE: Has the BN govt succeeded in fighting crime effectively?

Recent article - serious crimes seem to be increasing.

http://malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=34839:better-or-worse-has-the-bn-govt-succeeded-in-fighting-crime-effectively?&Itemid=2

House
14-06-12, 09:33
Properties in Malaysia good leh - before you collect keys already got people staying in your house :D

roly8
14-06-12, 09:35
there is another forumer open a thread about his 2 johor properties..
the house still get ransack even though it is gated via 2 layers of security :o

gfoo
14-06-12, 13:09

4 layers. Perimeter barrier > Precint electronic barrier > main gate > main door

roly8
14-06-12, 14:05
4 layers. Perimeter barrier > Precint electronic barrier > main gate > main door
omg..
:scared-3::scared-3::scared-3:

property_finder
14-06-12, 15:21

For crimes to happen even with this many layers of security could mean the guards are in cahoots with the robbers, or even worse, are the robbers themselves in their off time or when no one is looking.

In one expands this thought, other Malaysian properties with similar layered security will be similarly affected.

Kelonguni
14-06-12, 15:30
For crimes to happen even with this many layers of security could mean the guards are in cahoots with the robbers, or even worse, are the robbers themselves in their off time or when no one is looking.

In one expands this thought, other Malaysian properties with similar layered security will be similarly affected.

My Malaysian friend says that you should buy there only if you are staying in the house. Else, really not too wise.

V. low / no rental demand as well.

hyenergix
14-06-12, 17:54

U missed an impt barrier n man's best friend - dogs.

hyenergix
14-06-12, 17:55
My Malaysian friend says that you should buy there only if you are staying in the house. Else, really not too wise.

Later got raped how?

Komo
14-06-12, 22:07
Later got raped how?
without even knowing:scared-4:

Trapping-bird
14-06-12, 22:10

Ask Yowetan and whole family to buy landed in jb.. Think he can buy 2 there..

fiat500
14-06-12, 22:56
do u know which project in johor?

ocean80
15-06-12, 01:10
Properties in Malaysia good leh - before you collect keys already got people staying in your house :D

LOL :D

Got previous cases whereby the security guard housebreak the condo/bungalow unit ! :banghead:

Beebot
15-06-12, 01:23
Such cases of rape/robbery also happen in Singapore. I thought I read in the papers recently that a condo guard raped a Japanese resident. Happened in Singapore.

Rysk
02-07-12, 10:23
http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/kidnapped-singaporean-family-now-safely-back-home

Anyway, just be very very careful when you are in there.. they have guns..

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
02-07-12, 11:11
U missed an impt barrier n man's best friend - dogs.

Dogs should be extra relevant in Johor given the high proportion of Muslims, in terms of anti theft mechanism. however, will not work on Chinese, Indian and other races burglars, which are plenty to go around too.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
02-07-12, 11:14
With the recent spate of kidnapping, burglary, atm machine snatching etc it is only additional negative publicity. Perhaps the media intended to sway upgraders and retirees away from greener (pun intended) pastures at neighbours. otw nobody gonna buy the avalanche of BTO coming up....

hyenergix
02-07-12, 12:34
With the recent spate of kidnapping, burglary, atm machine snatching etc it is only additional negative publicity. Perhaps the media intended to sway upgraders and retirees away from greener (pun intended) pastures at neighbours. otw nobody gonna buy the avalanche of BTO coming up....

After exploring e prop mkt there, I can only conclude u either get robbed legally here (e.g. ABSD, high psf, useless air con ledge) or illegally snatch thieves there.

mygeemeel
02-07-12, 13:42
After exploring e prop mkt there, I can only conclude u either get robbed legally here (e.g. ABSD, high psf, useless air con ledge) or illegally snatch thieves there.

I prefer to know what i will be robbed of (ABSD etc) than to be pointed with a gun.

mygeemeel
02-07-12, 13:45
Your security can be as many layers as a kweh lapis, you are still in danger because you need to travel out of your house eventually. :banghead:

hyenergix
02-07-12, 13:56
So many pp here r so concerned abt my safety :D

roly8
02-07-12, 14:24
lol:D:D:D..........

gfoo
02-07-12, 20:16
http://www.mrbrown.com/.a/6a00d83451b52369e2016768117804970b-pi

hopeful
02-07-12, 20:29
Dogs should be extra relevant in Johor given the high proportion of Muslims, in terms of anti theft mechanism. however, will not work on Chinese, Indian and other races burglars, which are plenty to go around too.

U r joking right? muslims wont rob a house becoz they scared to touch dog?:doh:

teddybear
02-07-12, 21:29
Dogs become delicious dog meat?
Dogs useless one lah!

teddybear
02-07-12, 21:32
Think he wrote wrong, "dog" should be "pig"? :beats-me-man:
So to avoid getting rob by Indians, must rear a cow?
Then how won't to get rob by Chinese, Bangla and Paki? :doh:

hyenergix
02-07-12, 21:48
An old news:

Woodlands slasher faces three additional charges of attempted murder
Posted: 29 October 2010 2106 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1090229/1/.html

SINGAPORE: A National Serviceman accused of slashing a woman to death in Woodlands last month, now faces three additional charges of attempted murder.

He allegedly slashed and injured three other women between January and May this year.

Soh Wee Kian looked dazed when the additional charges were read out to him in court on Friday.

In September, he was charged with the murder of 32-year-old clerk Hoe Hong Lin at a basketball court at Woodlands Drive 50.

He will be remanded for a psychiatric evaluation at the Changi Prison Complex Medical Centre and will be back in court on November 19. - CNA/fa

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
02-07-12, 23:02

of coz it was half in jest. however, dogs are tainted to Muslims thus they will never keep them as pets but cats, as they cant touch them.

mygeemeel
02-07-12, 23:30
of coz it was half in jest. however, dogs are tainted to Muslims thus they will never keep them as pets but cats, as they cant touch them.

No true lei. The Indonesian security guards have dogs at hotel entrance. They are Muslims.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-07-12, 11:37
No true lei. The Indonesian security guards have dogs at hotel entrance. They are Muslims.

ah!! gee.. then I have been fooled bigtime for over twenty yrs eh?

pls read up more ba. r u local? I m quite surprised u dont know such.

http://guide.muslimsinbritain.org/guide9.html

but u do hv a pt on the indo guards wif dogs. perhaps they r indo but not Muslim, or relly hv to go thru thorough washing before each prayer they make. or perhaps if due to job or profession cant avoid is acceptable... no idea man.

hyenergix
03-07-12, 12:23
An old news:

Woodlands slasher faces three additional charges of attempted murder
Posted: 29 October 2010 2106 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1090229/1/.html

SINGAPORE: A National Serviceman accused of slashing a woman to death in Woodlands last month, now faces three additional charges of attempted murder.

He allegedly slashed and injured three other women between January and May this year.

Soh Wee Kian looked dazed when the additional charges were read out to him in court on Friday.

In September, he was charged with the murder of 32-year-old clerk Hoe Hong Lin at a basketball court at Woodlands Drive 50.

He will be remanded for a psychiatric evaluation at the Changi Prison Complex Medical Centre and will be back in court on November 19. - CNA/fa

Just tested the pyschology of the forummers here. Nobody commented on this news. We only like to hear nice things.

carbuncle
03-07-12, 14:37
Just tested the pyschology of the forummers here. Nobody commented on this news. We only like to hear nice things.

I did read ur post. but I couldnt see the link with the thread topic. woodlands is close to jb. but the perpetrator is local no? unless u saying no need to step into jb orady kena on the way...

hyenergix
08-07-12, 11:11
Carjacking suspects 'were on drugs' [O'rly? :confused: ]
Johor police say gang which abducted S'pore family may be linked to 14 other crimes
Published on Jul 8, 2012
http://www.straitstimes.com/News/Home/Story/STIStory_819993.html

By Jalelah Abu Baker

The suspects believed to have hijacked a Singapore family's car in Johor could have been high on the drug methamphetamine at the time of the carjacking, Johor police said yesterday.

At a press conference called at the Johor police headquarters in Johor Baru for reporters from Malaysia and Singapore, police chief Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said the trio were nabbed in a raid on Wednesday. Another two suspects linked to the July 1 carjacking are at large. All five are Malaysians, aged 30 to 47.

He said the gang is believed to have been behind 14 other crimes in Johor, including vehicle theft, robbery and drug offences.

The seven-hour raid on three homes in Felda Ulu Tebrau, a village in Ulu Tiram, yielded several items that were put on display yesterday. These included a pump gun with three bullets, two pistols, credit cards, identification cards, driving licences and cellphones.

Among those present yesterday was the victim of the July 1 carjacking, businesswoman Rita Zahara, accompanied by her family.

The case has been classified as one of abduction and extortion, instead of kidnap, because no ransom was demanded or paid.

Ms Zahara's car, a white Nissan Sunny, has been recovered; yesterday, she also reclaimed a cellphone and laptop. Speaking to reporters, the 37-year-old mother of two said: 'I am appreciative of the hard work of the Malaysia police. They did it very quickly, in just three days.'

Referring to information from the police that the suspects may have been on drugs, she said they sounded 'normal' when they spoke on the phone with her after making off with her family and car.

She said she was driving her family back to Singapore at about 1am when she stopped near Jalan Tun Abdul Razak to buy fruit from a roadside stall while her children, sister and maid waited in the car.

She returned to find the car and its occupants gone, but was reunited with them three hours later, after many tense phone conversations with the suspects. The occupants of the car were unharmed.

Another Singaporean victim of Johor crime present yesterday was Mr Affandi Mahat, 50, who was in Jalan Tebrau at about 2am on Monday when two men got into his

Hyundai Sonata and ordered him at gunpoint to drive.

Mr Affandi, a planner in the aviation industry, was then in a brightly lit petrol kiosk just across the road from the police headquarters.

He said: 'They pointed the gun at my waist and a knife at my neck. After about 200m, they took over the driving.'

He said they tied his hands with cable ties and left him - minus his car - by at a roadside near Kota Tinggi, nearly 140km away.

He contacted the police by walking to a restaurant nearby.

His car has also been recovered, but he has lost his cellphone, camera equipment and credit cards.

Mr Mokhtar had harsh words to describe the suspects: 'These retarded and moronic criminals do not target any particular nationality.

'They are parasites of society. They will do whatever they want to perpetrate their stupid acts. In this case, they are drug addicts.'

His department also released figures on the number of crimes against Singaporeans: There were 413 in 2009, 320 in 2010, and 400 last year; in the first six months of this year, there were 216 cases.

He noted, however, that of the two million visits made by Singapore residents to Johor every month, less than 1 per cent were the victims of criminal acts.

Larkin, where Ms Zahara's car was taken, is now more heavily patrolled, he said.

He said of her case: 'There was a lot of publicity. This will affect the investment climate, the confidence of Singaporeans coming here. We don't want all this.'

Shin Min Daily News yesterday reported another incident on Thursday night in which Singaporean part-time tutor David Lim, 24, was robbed at gunpoint in Johor Baru. It happened at 10.45pm when he met three men who appeared to be interested in buying the laptop he was selling online.

[email protected]

hyenergix
08-07-12, 21:37
This lady is more daring than most men (maybe boys) here :p I still find it hard to accept Malaysia captured Mas Salamat when our ex-Minister was still scratching his head and wondered either he was in Singapore or he was not.

I'll visit Malaysia again, says Singaporean woman in car hijack

Published on Jul 8, 2012
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/ANN/Story/STIStory_820061.html

JOHOR BARU (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Former Singaporean television journalist Rita Zahara will visit Malaysia again despite being involved in a recent extortion and robbery case here.

'This bad experience won't deter me from visiting Johor again. Crime happens anywhere and it is unfair to label Johor and Malaysia as a crime haven. My family and I are not scared to visit again,' she said during a press conference by the police to announce the arrest of three men in connection to the case here on Saturday.

'I applaud the Malaysian police for their professionalism and how they acted swiftly to nab the suspects within three days,' she said.

It was reported that Ms Rita, 37, had stopped her Nissan Sunny to buy some fruits in Jalan Susur Larkin at 12.45am on July 1. When she returned, the vehicle with her 19-year-old sister, two children aged 11 and six as well as her maid were missing.

When Rita called her sister's mobile phone, the suspect answered and allegedly asked for money in return for her family. The suspect later released the group at a residential area in Ulu Tiram and drove away with the car and valuables inside worth RM200,000 (S$80,175).

Ms Rita said her two young children were, however, still traumatised by the incident.

Earlier, state police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said besides recovering some of Rita's stolen items, police seized a pump gun with three live bullets, two pistols and a fake police emblem.

'The men were nabbed during raids at three separate houses in Felda Ulu Tebrau between 5am and noon on Wednesday,' he said.

Along with some of Ms Rita's stolen items, police also recovered two cars a Hyundai Optima and a Proton Perdana which were reported stolen on July 2 and June 25 in Jalan Tebrau and Taman Austin Perdana.

The three men have been remanded until July 10.

teddybear
08-07-12, 23:21
Ha ha ha! Malaysia Police so good and efficient!
But then why they still cannot crack many of the crimes that already happened and the perpetrators are still at large? You mean they purposely didn't want to catch these perpetrators? Are they related or shielding these perpetrators? I pity these people dying without even knowing why they die and dying so long without even "seeing" (from hell) their killers being brought to justice so that they can be reborned (as heard people died from murder will go to hell until perpetrators are brought to justice and then they can reborn?) :rolleyes:

This lady is more daring than most men (maybe boys) here :p I still find it hard to accept Malaysia captured Mas Salamat when our ex-Minister was still scratching his head and wondered either he was in Singapore or he was not.

I'll visit Malaysia again, says Singaporean woman in car hijack

Published on Jul 8, 2012
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/ANN/Story/STIStory_820061.html

JOHOR BARU (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Former Singaporean television journalist Rita Zahara will visit Malaysia again despite being involved in a recent extortion and robbery case here.

'This bad experience won't deter me from visiting Johor again. Crime happens anywhere and it is unfair to label Johor and Malaysia as a crime haven. My family and I are not scared to visit again,' she said during a press conference by the police to announce the arrest of three men in connection to the case here on Saturday.

'I applaud the Malaysian police for their professionalism and how they acted swiftly to nab the suspects within three days,' she said.

It was reported that Ms Rita, 37, had stopped her Nissan Sunny to buy some fruits in Jalan Susur Larkin at 12.45am on July 1. When she returned, the vehicle with her 19-year-old sister, two children aged 11 and six as well as her maid were missing.

When Rita called her sister's mobile phone, the suspect answered and allegedly asked for money in return for her family. The suspect later released the group at a residential area in Ulu Tiram and drove away with the car and valuables inside worth RM200,000 (S$80,175).

Ms Rita said her two young children were, however, still traumatised by the incident.

Earlier, state police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said besides recovering some of Rita's stolen items, police seized a pump gun with three live bullets, two pistols and a fake police emblem.

'The men were nabbed during raids at three separate houses in Felda Ulu Tebrau between 5am and noon on Wednesday,' he said.

Along with some of Ms Rita's stolen items, police also recovered two cars a Hyundai Optima and a Proton Perdana which were reported stolen on July 2 and June 25 in Jalan Tebrau and Taman Austin Perdana.

The three men have been remanded until July 10.

hyenergix
09-07-12, 06:41
Ha ha ha! Malaysia Police so good and efficient!
But then why they still cannot crack many of the crimes that already happened and the perpetrators are still at large? You mean they purposely didn't want to catch these perpetrators? Are they related or shielding these perpetrators? I pity these people dying without even knowing why they die and dying so long without even "seeing" (from hell) their killers being brought to justice so that they can be reborned (as heard people died from murder will go to hell until perpetrators are brought to justice and then they can reborn?) :rolleyes:

Maybe pay is not high enough to motivate them to put in extra effort to catch the criminals. Perhaps only those high profile ones that have potential for promotion or bonus after cracking the case. Catching speeding S-plate drivers may be more lucrative. But you have to admit that they are very fast in solving this case. Our police can't even catching a limping Mas Salamat.

felicia_sg
09-07-12, 09:29
I am not concerned about MAS Salamat since he still has not actually commit a physical crime.
I am only concern about the inability of the Malaysia police to solve any crime (regardless of whether it is unwillingness or not) that is not high profile (since 99% of all crimes in Malaysia will fall into this category) & no justice brought to all those people who got robbed, kidnapped, slash, shot, killed, left paralyzed by these crooks through physical crimes. :scared-3:

Maybe pay is not high enough to motivate them to put in extra effort to catch the criminals. Perhaps only those high profile ones that have potential for promotion or bonus after cracking the case. Catching speeding S-plate drivers may be more lucrative. But you have to admit that they are very fast in solving this case. Our police can't even catching a limping Mas Salamat.

stl67
09-07-12, 10:04
In malaysia and countiries around the region, there is no renewal of leadership in the police/defence force to inject new ideas. The generals and supretendent with big stomach budlging are still sitting at the top shiok shiok. All become contented and lazy. With corruption, it makes it worse.

carbuncle
11-07-12, 09:29
http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20120709-358072.html

phantom_opera
11-07-12, 12:25
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_821046.html

Land reclamation :scared-1: ...... if you cannot beat them, join them ....

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1231/lidoboulevardimagegt5.jpg

carbuncle
11-07-12, 23:07
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_821046.html

Land reclamation :scared-1: ...... if you cannot beat them, join them ....

Pls tell me those are not HDB blocks...

hyenergix
11-08-12, 07:51
Just sharing not on crimes but on others:

1. On lease: Medini Iskandar has a lot of 99 years leasehold properties - certainly not the place to look for if you intend to hold for long term.

2. Vacant Possession (TOP) requires an accompanying Certificate of Completion and Compliance (CCC) - it does not explicitly state quality must be achieved to certain standard like BCA's CONQUAS. Hence quality depends very much on the whims and fancies of the developers i.e. you get a wall as in the SPA (Sales & Purchase Agreement) but CCC does not spell out the wall must be straight/plastered properly as long as it does not pose safety and health issue and it is structurally sound. Some developers are handing keys over without CCC and this can be hazardous to owners.

http://www.rehdainstitute.com/research-a-resources/property-development/ccc.html

I'm still learning. Good to have more views from the experts out there.

Beebot
11-08-12, 10:12
I am not concerned about MAS Salamat since he still has not actually commit a physical crime.
I am only concern about the inability of the Malaysia police to solve any crime (regardless of whether it is unwillingness or not) that is not high profile (since 99% of all crimes in Malaysia will fall into this category) & no justice brought to all those people who got robbed, kidnapped, slash, shot, killed, left paralyzed by these crooks through physical crimes. :scared-3:

Although Mas Selamat has not personally commit any crimes, what he has in mind, if carried out, will be far more destructive than what a lone criminal can do. The effect is far more devastating. No?

Beebot
11-08-12, 10:21

My late uncle (mum's younger brother), who was retarded and living alone in Penang, was brutally robbed and murdered in Penang in the late 70s. He was in his 30s or 40s, I think. Up till today, his murders were never caught. My mum has since passed away and on her death bed, she was filled with sorrow that justice had not been done for her brother.

My late uncle was earning a miserable living as a fishmonger's assistant. He slept and worked in the fishmonger's stall in the market. His murderers took whatever little money that he had in his pocket, killed him and dumped his body in a well. I can still remember the day my mum received the news in Singapore. My eldest sister had to accompany my mum to Penang to settle the funeral. I was only in primary school then.

Rysk
12-08-12, 20:09
Just returned from a short trip to Kukup..
Over there, had a chat with some of the M'sian Chinese frens about my interest in buying one house in msia at 2nd link..
All told me not to buy for stay as the crime rate at Johor, even up to today.. Still very high..

hyenergix
12-08-12, 20:44
My late uncle (mum's younger brother), who was retarded and living alone in Penang, was brutally robbed and murdered in Penang in the late 70s. He was in his 30s or 40s, I think. Up till today, his murders were never caught. My mum has since passed away and on her death bed, she was filled with sorrow that justice had not been done for her brother.

My late uncle was earning a miserable living as a fishmonger's assistant. He slept and worked in the fishmonger's stall in the market. His murderers took whatever little money that he had in his pocket, killed him and dumped his body in a well. I can still remember the day my mum received the news in Singapore. My eldest sister had to accompany my mum to Penang to settle the funeral. I was only in primary school then.

Sorry to hear abt tt. Let's hope things get better.

DC33_2008
12-08-12, 20:52
Is Prince Andrew and Princess Kate going to iskandar to open the malbosough school?
Sorry to hear abt tt. Let's hope things get better.

hyenergix
12-08-12, 22:18
Is Prince Andrew and Princess Kate going to iskandar to open the malbosough school?

Not sure real or not: http://www.princess-diana-remembered.com/4/post/2012/2/kate-to-open-66-million-marlborough-college-in-nusajaya.html

NU (UK) is also there. Most likely to lend support to these major overseas investments.

graveyard
12-08-12, 23:54

Sorry to hear that too. My condolences.

This incident happened in 70s. I believe the situation is better now in Penang. Today, Penang has one of the lowest crime rate among the malaysian states and is also one of the well-managed and prosperous state in Malaysia. That is why properties there are so expensive compared to that in other states, with exception of KL

carbuncle
13-08-12, 10:00
beebot, am sure your mum is happily reunited with your uncle in a joyous place. :-)

hopeful
13-08-12, 14:16
beebot, am sure your mum is happily reunited with your uncle in a joyous place. :-)

you sure about that? those who died a violent death usually linger on. neither here nor there.

oda
14-08-12, 11:24
My good friend who boasted about his JB property just got robbed worth SG $200,000 which includes cash, valuables and cars.

Good luck for those who thinks Malaysia is a safe place LOL

hyenergix
14-08-12, 11:33
Yup, please buy with eyes wide open ;)

eng81157
14-08-12, 12:31
My good friend who boasted about his JB property just got robbed worth SG $200,000 which includes cash, valuables and cars.

i assume your friend is living in JB? If not, why on earth would he keep $200k worth of valuables there????!!!!! :scared-4:

kskong2000
14-08-12, 12:56
As a Malaysian, I am not so tempted to buy the property in JB for the time being for the following reasons:

1. High interest rate which will be higher in future. Has viewed some shop houses and realised that the rental is not even enough to cover the interest. In Iskandar area, the shop houses were cost around 700K 4 years ago but now cost around 2 mil with a poor location (mean not located in a location where people can easily notice). The rental of such property is only 7K.

2. The JB economic is simply too reliant on Singaporeans or those Malaysian who work in Singapore. The internal demand is not there. When the economic crash. JB will get hit badly which we have experienced it during SARS.

3. For residential, to be frank, there are not many expat in JB. All Japanese and other foreigners only stay at specific areas. As such, property with a price of 800K, I doubt there is anyone will pay good rental for it. And you are competing with thousand of other investors who also want to rent out.

4. Malaysia election is coming. Better to wait till the result is out although the chance of change in government is slim. But, if it happens, thing can turn negative.

Despite the above reasons, I really don't think crime rate is a big issue. Please bear in mind that you guys always compare it to Singapore (which is the safest country in the world). Also, the cases are always get highlighted in the social media. So, even just 1 or 2 cases, people will feel that the place is not safe. Just imagine that there are more opportunities in developing country. If JB is as safe as Singapore, the prices will be at par as those properties in Singapore. Risk vs reward....

However, if you really plan for retirement in JB, you may considered to buy in JB as you wont get cheap property in good location in future given the effect of global inflation. But please buy with eye open. I do have friend get their finger burn but some of them make million of dollar from the property. If you brought JB properties 4 years ago, you are definitely laughing to the bank now.

Anyway, this is just my 2 cents view which might not be right. Good luck and selamat hari raya....

hyenergix
14-08-12, 13:34
As a Malaysian, I am not so tempted to buy the property in JB for the time being for the following reasons:

1. High interest rate which will be higher in future. Has viewed some shop houses and realised that the rental is not even enough to cover the interest. In Iskandar area, the shop houses were cost around 700K 4 years ago but now cost around 2 mil with a poor location (mean not located in a location where people can easily notice). The rental of such property is only 7K.

2. The JB economic is simply too reliant on Singaporeans or those Malaysian who work in Singapore. The internal demand is not there. When the economic crash. JB will get hit badly which we have experienced it during SARS.

3. For residential, to be frank, there are not many expat in JB. All Japanese and other foreigners only stay at specific areas. As such, property with a price of 800K, I doubt there is anyone will pay good rental for it. And you are competing with thousand of other investors who also want to rent out.

4. Malaysia election is coming. Better to wait till the result is out although the chance of change in government is slim. But, if it happens, thing can turn negative.

Despite the above reasons, I really don't think crime rate is a big issue. Please bear in mind that you guys always compare it to Singapore (which is the safest country in the world). Also, the cases are always get highlighted in the social media. So, even just 1 or 2 cases, people will feel that the place is not safe. Just imagine that there are more opportunities in developing country. If JB is as safe as Singapore, the prices will be at par as those properties in Singapore. Risk vs reward....

However, if you really plan for retirement in JB, you may considered to buy in JB as you wont get cheap property in good location in future given the effect of global inflation. But please buy with eye open. I do have friend get their finger burn but some of them make million of dollar from the property. If you brought JB properties 4 years ago, you are definitely laughing to the bank now.

Anyway, this is just my 2 cents view which might not be right. Good luck and selamat hari raya....

My JB property has already appreciated almost $100k MYR since I bought 2 months ago (developer raised the price) :D

buttercarp
14-08-12, 14:13

I suppose you are quite used to the crime there and know how to take precaution.
I suppose the burglars target the houses which are vacant?
I have relatives in KL who either got their houses burglared or robbed at knife point in their own houses despite the development having security.

irisng
14-08-12, 16:49
I suppose you are quite used to the crime there and know how to take precaution.
I have relatives in KL who either got their houses burglared or robbed at knife point in their own houses despite the development having security.

Aiyo, so terrible leh.

hyenergix
14-08-12, 20:30

Pls be informed that recently there were several burglary cases of landed properties e.g. Toh Yi Drive, Li Hwan Drive etc

buttercarp
14-08-12, 20:37
Pls be informed that recently there were several burglary cases of landed properties e.g. Toh Yi Drive, Li Hwan Drive etc

This is a living proof of the slogan by the national crime prevention council that Low crime does not mean No crime.

A few years ago, my friend said her house (near Thomson Plaza) got burgled.
She did not have expensive things in her house.
She just lost a few casio/ seiko watches and a kettle and a few dollars.

How to decrease the risk of burglary?

@hyenergix - do you know if these houses had alarm system or dogs?

teddybear
14-08-12, 20:40
May be safer than Pakistan, Syria, Agfanistan since that is what they can afford?

hyenergix
14-08-12, 20:44
This is a living proof of the slogan by the national crime prevention council that Low crime does not mean No crime.

A few years ago, my friend said her house (near Thomson Plaza) got burgled.
She did not have expensive things in her house.
She just lost a few casio/ seiko watches and a kettle and a few dollars.

How to decrease the risk of burglary?

@hyenergix - do you know if these houses had alarm system or dogs?

Not too sure for these recent cases, but most past cases I came across the owners did not have dogs.

You may notice not many GCBs have dogs inside but they do not have that many burglary cases (not that I know of). In these areas, usually the police cars patrol more often particularly at night (I verified myself at different places).

hyenergix
14-08-12, 20:45
May be safer than Pakistan, Syria, Agfanistan since that is what they can afford?

CCR is the safest :p

eng81157
14-08-12, 20:52
CCR is the safest :p

WRONG! Live beside the Lee family, confirm plus double-chop S-A-F-E

hyenergix
14-08-12, 20:55

Rochalie and Namly are not bad areas too ;)

teddybear
14-08-12, 21:40
Isn't that at the real hardcore CCR (beside Orchard Road) (not fake CCR)? :cheers5:

kskong2000
14-08-12, 22:44
I am not "used to" the crime there. Regardless where we are, we just need to know where to go (where not to go) and what to do (what not to do). As i say, risk vs reward.

Anyway, i live in both singapore and malaysia. My 2 pairs of shoe get stolen in Singapore...:doh: haha

I am not tempted to buy is not due to the crime. But i more feel that the timing is the key factor. The room for downward is slightly more than the room for upward...

I am an acoountant who is kia si (my client always say i super kia si). So congra to those who make money...its always happy to see ppl make money rather lose $, right..

graveyard
14-08-12, 23:31
I am not "used to" the crime there. Regardless where we are, we just need to know where to go (where not to go) and what to do (what not to do). As i say, risk vs reward.

Anyway, i live in both singapore and malaysia. My 2 pairs of shoe get stolen in Singapore...:doh: haha

I am not tempted to buy is not due to the crime. But i more feel that the timing is the key factor. The room for downward is slightly more than the room for upward...

I am an acoountant who is kia si (my client always say i super kia si). So congra to those who make money...its always happy to see ppl make money rather lose $, right..

Yes i think the property market in JB is undergoing a similar cycle to that in Spore. Those who bought in 2009 at certain locations (bukit indah, taman molek, austin etc) would have made a killing. Now new condos are springing up all over JB in prime locations commanding RM600 psf onwards. Well some may argue there's potential for gain since KL condos are priced steeper and back in 2009 in SG, ppl used to complain 6++psf for condo in non prime area is too much to ask for. Look at the situation now ..

Still i believe the older properties are still good investment with reasonable price tags while the new ones have been overpriced

hopeful
15-08-12, 09:23
are you sure?
the guards look only after Lee family.

if next door house kena robbed, they will ignore it since they are trained to ignore diversionary and distraction tactics, ie they won't left their post.

you want to try this scenario?
have an old lady pretend to collapse by the road side, see whether the guards left their post to help the old lady.

and if left their post, they are charged for dereliction of duty.
and since an old lady collapsing right in front is an extraordinary event, they immediately go on high alert.

eng81157
15-08-12, 10:49
are you sure?
the guards look only after Lee family.

if next door house kena robbed, they will ignore it since they are trained to ignore diversionary and distraction tactics, ie they won't left their post.

you want to try this scenario?
have an old lady pretend to collapse by the road side, see whether the guards left their post to help the old lady.

and if left their post, they are charged for dereliction of duty.
and since an old lady collapsing right in front is an extraordinary event, they immediately go on high alert.

any old lady that manage to get so close would have been screened from far liao....robbers, suspicious characters wouldn't have a chance getting close to your unit, if you live beside the LEEs

hopeful
15-08-12, 11:09
any old lady that manage to get so close would have been screened from far liao....robbers, suspicious characters wouldn't have a chance getting close to your unit, if you live beside the LEEs

you are right since the road leading to their house is private road.
ok, you can try that tactic with SM Goh's house, i heard staying near SIM correct, so road is open to public, or other ministers' house.

if SM Goh's guards leave their post and help old lady, then MAYBE LKY's guard will leave their post to help his neighbours.
If SM Goh's guards dont leave their post, then definitely LKY's guards wont leave their post.

eng81157
15-08-12, 11:21
ok, you can try that tactic with SM Goh's house, i heard staying near SIM correct, so road is open to public, or other ministers' house.

if SM Goh's guards leave their post and help old lady, then MAYBE LKY's guard will leave their post to help his neighbours.
If SM Goh's guards dont leave their post, then definitely LKY's guards wont leave their post.

wah piang.......if i do this, i sure get charged for being a terrorist and lim kopi at some unknown dungeon till 70yrs old. :scared-3:

Laguna
15-08-12, 11:59
Just read the Property Report issue 95 Aug 2012.
Couple of good lessons to share. Sori, no soft copy, so did an extract
Title : Investor woes in Malaysia
Property : Nexus Residence in Kota Kinabalu
Party : 129 investors in HK
Issues:
1. Lease back rental or commonly known as rental guarantee, in arrear for 18 months
2. Still under one master title, no legal stratatitle, and thus taking legal action is very complicated
3. Must seek clearance from the Malaysian banksgiving the facilities before taking legal action
4. Sought help from many authorities, but nothinghave happened
5. Very inferior quality, poor maintenance and management

hyenergix
15-08-12, 12:14
Issues:
1. Lease back rental or commonly known as rental guarantee, in arrear for 18 months
2. Still under one master title, no legal stratatitle, and thus taking legal action is very complicated
3. Must seek clearance from the Malaysian banksgiving the facilities before taking legal action
4. Sought help from many authorities, but nothinghave happened
5. Very inferior quality, poor maintenance and management

Leaseback is a very strange arrangement. Why should developers be so kind to help the owners make money? Avoid at all costs.

hopeful
15-08-12, 16:17
wah piang.......if i do this, i sure get charged for being a terrorist and lim kopi at some unknown dungeon till 70yrs old. :scared-3:
actually you can ask SDP for help to video the old women falling down opposite SM Goh's house, right in fullview of guardhouse.

SDP and TR Emeritus funny sia.
http://www.tremeritus.com/2012/07/20/elderly-couple-walks-1-km-home-after-visiting-polyclinic/

if guards dont help, SDP can make noise about "damn" foreigners (gurkhas) not helping old singaporean lady.
if guards help, SDP can quietly erase video.

so then we know whether stay next to VIPs' houses more safe or not.

hopeful
15-08-12, 16:20
Issues:......
wow, 129 HK investors.
can singapore investors also kena conned investing in other countries?

here's the link
http://www.property-report.com/leading-edge-investor-woes-in-malaysia-23823

Leading Edge: Investor woes in Malaysia (http://www.property-report.com/leading-edge-investor-woes-in-malaysia-23823)

Matthew Booth (http://www.property-report.com/author/matthew) | Jul 25, 2012 | Comments 0 (http://www.property-report.com/leading-edge-investor-woes-in-malaysia-23823#comments)
By Khalil Adis
http://www.property-report.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Nexus-Residences-300x150.jpg (http://www.property-report.com/leading-edge-investor-woes-in-malaysia-23823/nexus-residences-2)Nexus Residences

In June, Property Report South East Asia received an email from an owners’ group in Hong Kong, alerting us that some 129 investors into Nexus Residence in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia are owed almost one year in arrears on the “lease back” rental payments.
“Our attempts to find an amicable solution have afforded [the developer] plenty of time to improve the situation,” said Julian Hyland, director of Nexus Property Owners Association (NPOA), a company registered in Hong Kong. “Since then we’ve appealed to several government ministries, the consul general in Hong Kong, and numerous other Malaysian departments including PEMANDU, who have been understanding of our position but done little that has effected any change”.
{+++}
The disgruntled investors are now faced with several hurdles before they can take the developer to arbitration over the alleged non-payment. They have been told they must seek clearance from the Malaysian based banks from which loan facilities were taken before any sort of legal action can ensue. In addition, they say they have yet to receive their land titles, further complicating the arbitration process.
Lawyers that Property Report spoke to said the only way forward is for investors to check the status of their application with Sabah’s land department. “If what they claim is true, for the issuance of individual titles, they will have to seek confirmation with the relevant land office to check the status of the sub-division of the Master Title. Only knowing the status of the application, can they consider their next course of action,” said Andrew CK Sin, advocate & solicitor, of Messrs. K.Jeyaraj Fadhli Sin in Kuala Lumpur.
Falling short of standards
The “Malaysian My Second Home” programme or MM2H was created to draw international investors to retire or buy a home in Malaysia with a minimum investment sum of RM500,000 (US$156,923). Offered as part of the programme, the Karambunai Integrated Resort City (KIRC) fact sheet, which is supported by PEMANDU, describes Nexus Residence Karambunai as “a project featuring 243 units of luxury beachfront resort villas costing about RM270 million (US$85 million)”. The information also states that it achieved “a record price of over RM1,000 (US$313) per sqft in the Kota Kinabalu property market”.
However, investors armed with photographic evidence, said the workmanship fell far short of what they had expected of a luxury resort property. “Essentially, with 18 plus months rent in arrears, inferior build quality, hopeless resort management, inadequate maintenance and no land titles, this investment demonstrates the pitfalls of making Malaysia my second home,” said Chris Fordhamm, another investor.
When contacted, a representative of the company, which is listed on the main board of the Malaysian Stock Exchange, referred to a statement it released recently on Bursa Malaysia, which simply said that the it is still “in discussion with the owners”.
Meanwhile, CEO of Malaysia Property Incorporated (MPI), Kumar Tharmalingam, tasked with marketing Malaysia as an attractive investment destination overseas, told Property Report that not all developers in Sabah have a bad reputation.

Rysk
15-08-12, 19:02

If is in Malaysia.. maybe not just 2 pairs of shoe get stolen.. additionally a pair of parang will be placed over your neck too!! :D

teddybear
15-08-12, 21:13
Don't think any robber, burglar, kidnapper will even try getting into the sight of their guards... :p

hopeful
16-08-12, 00:03
Don't think any robber, burglar, kidnapper will even try getting into the sight of their guards... :p

like that malaysia thieves boleh

http://my.news.yahoo.com/another-ex-ministers-house-robbed-082215231.html

hyenergix
16-08-12, 06:51
My suggestion is to buy and hold the freehold land and property if you are concerned about crime. Land will be exhausted one day, especially near premium location. This applies to Singapore also. Nothing lasts forever. Wish those who buy properties in Malaysia or overseas do more research. This is my last posting on JB properties :)

yyly1327
16-08-12, 10:48
Wish those who buy properties in Malaysia or overseas do more research.

I agreed with what hyenergix has quoted. We recently placed a booking thru a roadshow to purchase a unit in Bangkok. Was told by the agent that this project is in an area with good transportation & infrastructure so we placed a $3K deposit. During the long weekend holiday, we took the opportunity to visit this place. To our horry, it was next to a highway, nothing around, and it look us more then 15 minutes to reach the place,battling ourselves thru busy roads, instead of the 5 minutes written on the sales brochure. We purchased a unit on the 16 storey, 2nd horry came - to the thais no. 6 is a jinx!! So beware, if you want to purchase BKK properties please do not buy anything with 6/4/13 (or in their context 12B, they normally renumber 13 to 12B). When we came back, we cancelled our booking, lost $3K but learnt our lesson. Well, Singapore property is still the best!! :2cents: :(

maisonjai
16-08-12, 11:36
If u wana buy bkk condo go for those around Phrom Phong BTS station, min 3 bedders for Jap expats. For BUC, reputable developers very impt. :cheers6: :cheers6:

radha08
18-08-12, 20:49
illegal tenants...:scared-1:

azeoprop
19-08-12, 22:19
Any comments for this one?
http://www.spsetia.com.my/bukit_indah_johor/pfs.htm

carbuncle
20-08-12, 10:30
this that same developer who did super high psf 18 woodsville rite?

DC33_2008
20-08-12, 10:45
SP setiat is one of the more established developers in Malaysia.
this that same developer who did super high psf 18 woodsville rite?

kskong2000
21-08-12, 13:26
Indeed...pls go to see the exact location and unit in "original condition" before place deposit..

this developer has a few project in Bukit Indah now..anyway, try to avoid apartment despite the price look attractive. Just my personal view.

SP setiat is one of the more established developers in Malaysia.

fiat500
21-08-12, 14:14
I agreed with what hyenergix has quoted. We recently placed a booking thru a roadshow to purchase a unit in Bangkok. Was told by the agent that this project is in an area with good transportation & infrastructure so we placed a $3K deposit. During the long weekend holiday, we took the opportunity to visit this place. To our horry, it was next to a highway, nothing around, and it look us more then 15 minutes to reach the place,battling ourselves thru busy roads, instead of the 5 minutes written on the sales brochure. We purchased a unit on the 16 storey, 2nd horry came - to the thais no. 6 is a jinx!! So beware, if you want to purchase BKK properties please do not buy anything with 6/4/13 (or in their context 12B, they normally renumber 13 to 12B). When we came back, we cancelled our booking, lost $3K but learnt our lesson. Well, Singapore property is still the best!! :2cents: :(
Its the mark u were referring to in makkassan area bangkok right?
that location is not good at all according to the thais.
If buy in bangkok,go for location like sathon,silom or sukhumvit (soi 10+ - 20+).