2. property & solid asset like gold

your views?
:o

rattydrama
13-06-12, 14:31
buy commodity stock.

latour
13-06-12, 14:35
1. Lifestyle - simple and low cost, dun need high-end stuff and expenditure. Semi-retire now, going retire(plan).

2. Property - vested for own-stay and rental income.
Gold - get in and out of gold funds (dun hold solid gold or certificates).

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
13-06-12, 15:45
1. Hook up with top guy in govt stat board and succor all day long
2. See no. 1

Poloclub
13-06-12, 15:53
for me the best thing to do during bad times is to exercise and keep yourself fit. Running in a park is free and the reward is priceless.

DC33_2008
13-06-12, 16:13
Affects everyone and no escape from it. Buying properties is not just about hedging against inflation but create capital.

House
13-06-12, 16:22
buy commodity stock.

Buy good yield stocks. Never buy commodity, at least not now.

House
13-06-12, 16:24
1. Lifestyle - simple and low cost, dun need high-end stuff and expenditure. Semi-retire now, going retire(plan).

2. Property - vested for own-stay and rental income.
Gold - get in and out of gold funds (dun hold solid gold or certificates).

I miss the boat on gold last time, won't miss it nx time :D :tongue3:

Poloclub
13-06-12, 16:30
Affects everyone and no escape from it. Buying properties is not just about hedging against inflation but create capital.

if you have the money, it will be foolish not to do so because Singapore property is like the gold standard today, not just because land is limited but because we have a strong government, economy and healthy rental market.

rattydrama
13-06-12, 16:53
Buy good yield stocks. Never buy commodity, at least not now.

Hoping to catch silver at the right price. it has gone down quite a fair bit. But yes, hit and run.

rattydrama
13-06-12, 16:55
I miss the boat on gold last time, won't miss it nx time :D :tongue3: So, what will be your entry price for gold?

Poloclub
13-06-12, 16:57
Hoping to catch silver at the right price. it has gone down quite a fair bit. But yes, hit and run.

Silver is hit and run, but if you consider that amount of money that is being printed by EU, USA and soon China, I think the better option will be to stick with gold because for developing countries, gold is still the preferred commodity to silver. Dont as me why, but I think that has got something to do with what people have been doing for the past thousands years.

House
13-06-12, 17:05
So, what will be your entry price for gold?

Gold
Low $1500, if drop further buy in more. Cos nx resistance is at $1200

Silver
$22-24 I will go in.

-----------

Gov from oct this yr will remove gst from gold. Donno which type it will affect, if physical gold no gst, will most likely get physical instead of certs.

House
13-06-12, 17:17
Silver is hit and run, but if you consider that amount of money that is being printed by EU, USA and soon China, I think the better option will be to stick with gold because for developing countries, gold is still the preferred commodity to silver. Dont as me why, but I think that has got something to do with what people have been doing for the past thousands years.

1) USA n Europe Bo lui liao - they will be buying a lot of ink and print like no tomorrow, their problems will last another 10-15 yrs.

2) especially the usd, more countries are doing biz without the usd - direct exchange. In future sgd$1 = usd$0.80 is a possibility.

3) hit n run not recommended - should at least hold 3-7 yrs depending on market.

Poloclub
13-06-12, 17:29
1) USA n Europe Bo lui liao - they will be buying a lot of ink and print like no tomorrow, their problems will last another 10-15 yrs.

2) especially the usd, more countries are doing biz without the usd - direct exchange. In future sgd$1 = usd$0.80 is a possibility.

3) hit n run not recommended - should at least hold 3-7 yrs depending on market.

with the EURO crisis that is going on, i honest dont think that SGD can afford to rise (appreciate) any further against the USD. And i think that SGD will eventually hit 1.3+ in order to keep the export activities alive because Yuan will eventually have to devalue in order to keep their economy going.

So all in all, this is pointing toward an era of high inflations.

rattydrama
13-06-12, 17:34
1)

3-7 years to me is quite long. Silver from $18 to $40 in less than 2 year. We might miss few cycle.

Poloclub
13-06-12, 17:37
:hell-hath-no-fury:
3-7 years to me is quite long. Silver from $18 to $40 in less than 2 year. We might miss few cycle.

do you have reason to believe you are able to catch the peak and bottom of the cycle. If you think you do, then you are as good as gambling.

House
13-06-12, 17:45

It really depends on how you want to go in as
1) investor?
2) speculator?

House
13-06-12, 17:49
with the EURO crisis that is going on, i honest dont think that SGD can afford to rise (appreciate) any further against the USD. And i think that SGD will eventually hit 1.3+ in order to keep the export activities alive because Yuan will eventually have to devalue in order to keep their economy going.

So all in all, this is pointing toward an era of high inflations.

Yes, sg export will be affected. My assumption is that sg gov won't control/limit the exchange. Cos USD has really no future, no value, zilch!

In times of high inflation, I m sure you do know what to buy:D

House
13-06-12, 17:52
:hell-hath-no-fury:

do you have reason to believe you are able to catch the peak and bottom of the cycle. If you think you do, then you are as good as gambling.

An old honky saying 有早知,莫蛤衣(no beggars):D

We are just small fishes trying to follow the RIGHT tide, wrong wind wrong tide we are just food to the big sharks.:tongue3:

Poloclub
13-06-12, 17:57
Yes, sg export will be affected. My assumption is that sg gov won't control/limit the exchange. Cos USD has really no future, no value, zilch!

In times of high inflation, I m sure you do know what to buy:D

we all know that USD has no future, but as long as commodity and international trade are still conducted in USD, we will have no choice but to stick with USD. EURO was an alternative, but not it is no longer the case. As for YUAN?. there is still a long way to go.

House
13-06-12, 18:01
we all know that USD has no future, but as long as commodity and international trade are still conducted in USD, we will have no choice but to stick with USD. EURO was an alternative, but not it is no longer the case. As for YUAN?. there is still a long way to go.

Agree not much changes in the near future but more n more countries are dumping usd n opt for direct exchange, cutting their dependent on usd.

China n Japan just made that announcement a few days ago.

Poloclub
13-06-12, 18:05
Agree not much changes in the near future but more n more countries are dumping usd n opt for direct exchange, cutting their dependent on usd.

China n Japan just made that announcement a few days ago.

without a strong euro, I dont think anyone dare to dump USD in the near future. If you notice Iran is no longer vocal about having a replacement currency for oil, and instead they are not focusing on oil production level among OPEC member,

Having said that I think a time will come when we will have a global currency.

House
13-06-12, 20:26
without a strong euro, I dont think anyone dare to dump USD in the near future. If you notice Iran is no longer vocal about having a replacement currency for oil, and instead they are not focusing on oil production level among OPEC member,

think both of us followed the news closely :D

the usd is having a lot less influence nowadays - diminishing :D :cheers1:

DC33_2008
13-06-12, 20:36
Fortunately did not invest in Universal Life in US$. Not much left for next generation. :rolleyes:

House
13-06-12, 21:57
Fortunately did not invest in Universal Life in US$. Not much left for next generation. :rolleyes:

call me a paranoid, i rather put my $ in jacobs biscuit tin than to put them in
1) insurance co
2) bonds.
3) funds that got something to do with USD or USA.
:D