PDA

View Full Version : Wise man quotes (Old Bird Talking)

phantom_opera
05-06-12, 17:28
Starting a thread on useful tips from Old Bird aka Wise Man

American International Group Inc. (AIG) Chief Executive Officer Robert Benmosche said Europe’s debt crisis shows governments worldwide must accept that people will have to work more years as life expectancies increase.

一针见血

phantom_opera
05-06-12, 17:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV9wtU3eX4E

Wise men say ... only fools rush in

phantom_opera
05-06-12, 18:20
"I am not a homosexual myself but the population explosion is so dangerous that any device that cuts down the birth-rate without doing significant harm should be positively encouraged and defined as a right. Homosexuality is of these."

Asimov

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 18:40
"I am not a homosexual myself but the population explosion is so dangerous that any device that cuts down the birth-rate without doing significant harm should be positively encouraged and defined as a right. Homosexuality is of these."

Asimov

:not-worthy:

Poloclub
05-06-12, 19:31
Starting a thread on useful tips from Old Bird aka Wise Man

American International Group Inc. (AIG) Chief Executive Officer Robert Benmosche said Europe’s debt crisis shows governments worldwide must accept that people will have to work more years as life expectancies increase.

一针见血

which mean mortgage loan can stretch till you are 80 years old.

buttercarp
05-06-12, 20:41

Asimov

Now homo can have kids thru surrogacy.
So being gay does not mean reduction in population.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 20:45
I think diseases like AIDs probably result in higher attrition of worldwide population compared to the other 'disease' of homosexuality.

It is a fact that straight or bisexual people continue to form the bulk of those infected with HIV.

Perhaps for every baby born to turn out gay, two 'normal' men has died of AIDS.

hyenergix
05-06-12, 20:49
I think diseases like AIDs probably result in higher attrition of worldwide population compared to the other 'disease' of homosexuality.

It is a fact that straight or bisexual people continue to form the bulk of those infected with HIV.

Perhaps for every baby born to turn out gay, two 'normal' men has died of AIDS.

I think I asked this before but not sure if it was answered. How do you tell a guy is a gay at first glance?

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 21:39
I think I asked this before but not sure if it was answered. How do you tell a guy is a gay at first glance?

Personally, i believe women are able to tell more accurately. Other than that, lesbians are more readily identifiable.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120516115859.htm

Men of certain professions, like hair stylists, dancers, designers, etc tend to have men with slightly more gentle disposition due to their nature of work and heightened appreciation for the finer things in life and arts. However, many of them are actually straight. On the flipside, there are also gay construction workers, athletes, butchers but due to the more rough nature of their work they probably have non noticeable manners of gentleness which anyway would not be practical in their line of work which requires more raw strength.

hyenergix
05-06-12, 21:44
Personally, i believe women are able to tell more accurately. Other than that, lesbians are more readily identifiable.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/05/120516115859.htm

Men of certain professions, like hair stylists, dancers, designers, etc tend to have men with slightly more gentle disposition due to their nature of work and heightened appreciation for the finer things in life and arts. However, many of them are actually straight. On the flipside, there are also gay construction workers, athletes, butchers but due to the more rough nature of their work they probably have non noticeable manners of gentleness which anyway would not be practical in their line of work which requires more raw strength.

You seem to be the more gentle type.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 22:51
You seem to be the more gentle type.

Have we met unknowingly? :D

In any case i dont perform hard labor, in fact i dont even move much these days. So definitely gentle.

phantom_opera
06-06-12, 08:03
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FnH7UbIfPoQ/TvbC0Mz9OsI/AAAAAAAAAsU/fhQYULkFDQg/s408/Picture3.png

hyenergix
06-06-12, 08:40
Have we met unknowingly? :D

In any case i dont perform hard labor, in fact i dont even move much these days. So definitely gentle.

:p. .

phantom_opera
06-06-12, 10:05
In an inflationary environment with low growth, we need 'safe carry' to pay for bills

- Bill Gross

His suggestion of safe carry include:

1. Real assets
2. Short term financial asset e.g. dividend paying stocks / short term bonds
3. Commodities: favor inflation sensitive, supply constrained products.

gn108
06-06-12, 11:22
Cannot anyhow-ly buy...and cannot anyhow-ly let people buy.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
06-06-12, 14:19
Bonds can merge and pond
Stocks can go tick tock
Real estate stays real
Just need balls of steel

phantom_opera
07-06-12, 11:47
On a hindsight .. Mr Kwek Leng Beng is so right:

Kwek Leng Beng: ‘I would allot 50 per cent of my portfolio to property’

Your money in the bank, say, one year at 0.25 per cent. After four years, it is 1 per cent. If within four years, Singapore properties cannot increase by more than 1 per cent, then Singapore is not the right place for you to invest in anything at all.
Source : Today – 30 Jul 2010

Leeds
07-06-12, 13:02
The rich old man always tell his son; "son, please don't", and he always turn out right most of the time.

phantom_opera
11-07-12, 09:58
Mayor Michael Bloomberg in a February trip to his state capital to discuss pension funding told a legislator that “if I can give you one piece of financial advice, it’s: If somebody offers you a guaranteed 7% on your money for the rest of your life, you take it and just make sure the guy’s name isn’t Madoff."

phantom_opera
24-07-12, 10:35
Those who know don't tell and those who tell don't know.” ― Michael Lewis, Liar's Poker

hopeful
24-07-12, 13:06
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something - plato

so how many wise men and fools in the forum:beats-me-man:

carbuncle
27-07-12, 11:00
'Our golden years were during the early 1990s, when long queues formed outside our shop and we had to buy one more shop just to store the clothes,' said Madam Goh Bee Ban, 73.

'My husband once wanted me to have more sons, but I told him that buying more property is better.

'Now, I collect rent every first and 14th of the month. Even having a son does not guarantee that,' added Madam Goh, who has five children and a string of investments from the early prosperous days.

phantom_opera
02-08-12, 18:19
“女人的独立是从拥有自己的房间开始的”,英国作家伍尔芙

phantom_opera
14-12-12, 13:43
Bankruptcy, currency turmoil, higher interest rates and more inflation. It is going to appear a lot like the 1970`s. Back then, most world economies didn`t do very well. Stock markets went sideways, but the people who owned real assets made fortunes. The people who owned stocks and bonds went bankrupt.

Jim Rogers