PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy property now the Eurozone problem is brewing?

bakasa2002
05-06-12, 16:38
Checking out how many of the bro/sis belong to the gungho type and the general sentiments of this round of problems? :)

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 16:49
No... Sell when eveyone chionging to buy - you guaranteed a buyer. Buy when everyone chiong to sell - you guaranteed to find good deals.

phantom_opera
05-06-12, 16:52
If HK centalene index can hold above 100 this summer, buy 100X, at least 30-40% upside

http://hk.centadata.com/cci/images/ccli_chart.png

Poloclub
05-06-12, 18:37
Checking out how many of the bro/sis belong to the gungho type and the general sentiments of this round of problems? :)

If you have spare cash, this is a good time to consider as sellers today are more willing to accept lower price and there are also more good units available on the market. For me, I will go for freehold, MRT and CCR.

Anyway with 4 years SSD, the earliest you can sell will be 2016, so hopefully by then it will be during a major bull period

Laguna
05-06-12, 20:19
If HK centalene index can hold above 100 this summer, buy 100X, at least 30-40% upside

HK is now in the record high, it was up again last week. I was looking at HK properties since Feb, but think and think due to change of Govt.

Now I have to think twice..anyway, I am now parking my cash into bonds first.

I see there is no problem to hold above 100 by end of summer.

dtrax
05-06-12, 20:22
watingggggg....

DKSG
05-06-12, 21:31
Sometimes you wonder, why do experts here like TOGV, dtrax, phantom, etc, bother to answer silly questions like this one, and the bamboo one with such zealousness ?

I suspect these random people are just here for fun. And we spent meaningful time answering them instead of discussing amongst ourselves views of the property market.

Right?

DKSG

CP5211
05-06-12, 21:42
Sometimes you wonder, why do experts here like TOGV, dtrax, phantom, etc, bother to answer silly questions like this one, and the bamboo one with such zealousness ?

I suspect these random people are just here for fun. And we spent meaningful time answering them instead of discussing amongst ourselves views of the property market.

Right?

DKSG
Haven't hear from mcmlxxvi, teddy bear etc for quite some time. I have learnt a lot from them

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 21:46

Right?

DKSG

Well, i am no expert, but my mentor mcmlxxvi is bery much alive. I think when he reaches Community Service X of X he probably have something shocking to announce.

Eg. He is actually a minister, MP or maybe one of the Directors of a developer or something. I dunno....

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
05-06-12, 21:49

Right?

DKSG

I think it was clear from my answer, the bamboo one i bothered because i am vested in the same condo. Dont ask me also how i know which condo the Aunty is referring. I hope i didnt scare her off.

extremme
05-06-12, 22:25
Haven't hear from mcmlxxvi, teddy bear etc for quite some time. I have learnt a lot from them
DP also MIA a long time ...

kane
05-06-12, 22:48

http://hk.centadata.com/cci/images/ccli_chart.png

i thought HK already cross 1997 levels?

CCR
05-06-12, 22:58
Where is BJ21

samuelk
06-06-12, 08:41
Where is BJ21
I thot he mention he got recall to work on project athens ?

kane
06-06-12, 08:44
Those at river isles last weekend seem to think it's a great tine to buy whilst euro woes is brewing. But the common wisdom advocates buying when people are fearful. Just need to see if one has the guts for it.

Laguna
06-06-12, 10:21
i thought HK already cross 1997 levels?

Yes, HK property price index is now at all time high..

radha08
06-06-12, 10:50
watingggggg....

you will never wait alone...:scared-1::D:scared-1:

latour
06-06-12, 11:00
you will never wait alone...:scared-1::D:scared-1:

radha08 bro, right on right on... you will never wait alone!

phantom_opera
06-06-12, 11:10
Don't laugh at River Isles buyers.. they may know that QE3 is coming

http://media.pimco.com/PublishingImages/TuesdayComes_Fig1.JPG

gn108
06-06-12, 11:14
DP left ...said so.
But he's near...very near...

DP also MIA a long time ...

Blue
06-06-12, 11:56
If you have spare cash, this is a good time to consider as sellers today are more willing to accept lower price and there are also more good units available on the market. For me, I will go for freehold, MRT and CCR.

Anyway with 4 years SSD, the earliest you can sell will be 2016, so hopefully by then it will be during a major bull period

Freehold, MRT, CCR => Everyone oso know. But nothing less than $1500 psf. Buy already eat grass?

Komo
06-06-12, 12:26
if planning to buy property for investment...wait for collapse to happen first:D

Poloclub
06-06-12, 13:07
Freehold, MRT, CCR => Everyone oso know. But nothing less than $1500 psf. Buy already eat grass?

$1500psf for CCR consider expensive for you?

minority
06-06-12, 13:11

many are hoping to go back to the Era of $1000psf. in CCR.

dtrax
06-06-12, 13:18

!!! the great BasicLee Era

Poloclub
06-06-12, 13:21

If CCR hit $1000, OCR $500psf?

Jonathan0503
06-06-12, 13:48

No, RCR $500psf. OCR $250psf

may2012
06-06-12, 13:55
Will still buy but factor in the risk. 10-15% off asking.

DKSG
06-06-12, 14:02
Will still buy but factor in the risk. 10-15% off asking.

Good try! Many already grabbed at 8% off!

You must be one of those trying to undercut Ah B!

DKSG
PS : I got nothing to sell in CCR. So not say trying to defend the Region.

radha08
06-06-12, 14:13
DP left ...said so.
But he's near...very near...

he is watching....:D

radha08
06-06-12, 14:14
Good try! Many already grabbed at 8% off!

You must be one of those trying to undercut Ah B!

DKSG
PS : I got nothing to sell in CCR. So not say trying to defend the Region.
Ah B = 2015 > 50%....:doh:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
06-06-12, 15:05
Those at river isles last weekend seem to think it's a great tine to buy whilst euro woes is brewing. But the common wisdom advocates buying when people are fearful. Just need to see if one has the guts for it.

They interpret as

Buy CONDO when fearful about STOCKMARKET. :doh:

DKSG
06-06-12, 18:35
They interpret as

Buy CONDO when fearful about STOCKMARKET. :doh:

These aunties damn smart ok ?
They know, feaful about stockmarket will soon become fearful in property market (time lag).

So they hoot it in now and is one step ahead of the rest !

All the way Serangoon Aunties!

DKSG

ysyap
06-06-12, 19:22
Me tracking PC prices over last 9 months... quite obvious its up up and away. However, my latest records reveal that there are some projects (2 in my radar) whose buyers (not all but maybe only 1 or 2) are actually asking lower than last transacted price... so hopefully this is sign of gradual weaker asking... :cheers6:

kane
06-06-12, 19:50

If it's not QE3 or QE2+ etc, it'll be LTRO2, BOE asset buying program. Different names but similar outcome.

Poloclub
06-06-12, 19:55
If it's not QE3 or QE2+ etc, it'll be LTRO2, BOE asset buying program. Different names but similar outcome.

Am I the only one thinking that governments around the will just continue to print themselves out of the problem and there will not be a complete meltdown like most are anticipating. At least not in the near term.

hyenergix
06-06-12, 22:01

We r already quite near e end if Op Twist but stocks markets r already trending either flat or downwards. Looks likely there wl b another round of easing.

CCR
06-06-12, 22:55
they will print until economy recovers or inflation shoot up.... then they will up interest rates and mop up the liquidity... till then enjoy the ride of free money....

i hope interest rates stay at current level till 2016

radha08
06-06-12, 23:04

HDB $200psf...NO WAY HOSEI...:cool:

Blue
07-06-12, 01:47

The issue is not abt affordability. It's whether there is any capital gain thereafter. Orchard Rd? Yes. Little India? Forget it! :D

hyenergix
07-06-12, 06:52
The issue is not abt affordability. It's whether there is any capital gain thereafter. Orchard Rd? Yes. Little India? Forget it! :D

U seem to have a dislike for a particular nationality.

roly8
07-06-12, 09:23
No... Sell when eveyone chionging to buy - you guaranteed a buyer. Buy when everyone chiong to sell - you guaranteed to find good deals.

good one, bro!

buy low sell high... - winner

radha08
07-06-12, 09:34

BMW Yes...SUZUKI no..:p

eng81157
07-06-12, 09:38
good one, bro!

buy low sell high... - winner

that's common knowledge. in the thick of action when skies are falling, it takes guts to lay $$ on the table and take the plunge. moreover, if you only have one property over your head, selling high would also mean buying high.

Blue
07-06-12, 11:25

I thot Suzuki cars in Sg almost extinct liao :p

A better term to use is: Porsche Boxster Yes.....Toyoto MR2 No....:D

minority
07-06-12, 11:48
that's common knowledge. in the thick of action when skies are falling, it takes guts to lay $$ on the table and take the plunge. moreover, if you only have one property over your head, selling high would also mean buying high.

Buy now! Coz many former here want to sell!

Poloclub
07-06-12, 11:52
I thot Suzuki cars in Sg almost extinct liao :p

A better term to use is: Porsche Boxster Yes.....Toyoto MR2 No....:D

Boxster is a poor man 911 lah.

Blue
07-06-12, 13:41
Boxster is a poor man 911 lah.

Toyota MR2:

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Toyota/toyota_mr2_tf300_manu-06_01.jpg

Porsche Boxster:

http://motoburg.com/images/porsche-boxster-s-03.jpg

Looks similar? But a ton of difference.

Just like Little India vs Orchard Rd :D

Poloclub
07-06-12, 14:05
Toyota MR2:

Porsche Boxster:

Looks similar? But a ton of difference.

Just like Little India vs Orchard Rd :D
But whats the point of doing that comparison?

Honestly if you like to stack every property against the best and most expensive in Singapore why not compare your little sub $3m landed property in outskirt Singapore to say a GCBs in Nassim.

From an rental investment point of view, I would rather get a unit in Mount Sophia area for rental then say in prime orchard area.

Vincegoh
07-06-12, 14:24
Me tracking PC prices over last 9 months... quite obvious its up up and away. However, my latest records reveal that there are some projects (2 in my radar) whose buyers (not all but maybe only 1 or 2) are actually asking lower than last transacted price... so hopefully this is sign of gradual weaker asking... :cheers6:

can PM the names of the 2 projects? kam siah many many :)

Blue
07-06-12, 18:17
But whats the point of doing that comparison?

Honestly if you like to stack every property against the best and most expensive in Singapore why not compare your little sub $3m landed property in outskirt Singapore to say a GCBs in Nassim.

From an rental investment point of view, I would rather get a unit in Mount Sophia area for rental then say in prime orchard area.

Live in a box and got stucked in the box? Cannot think out of the box as a result. :doh:

Poloclub
07-06-12, 18:34
Live in a box and got stucked in the box? Cannot think out of the box as a result. :doh:

Stuck is already a past tense. There is no such word as STUCKED.

If you wish to convince PC investors like us that landed property will generate better returns and yield, then SHOW US THE MONEY.

Blue
08-06-12, 18:24
Stuck is already a past tense. There is no such word as STUCKED.

If you wish to convince PC investors like us that landed property will generate better returns and yield, then SHOW US THE MONEY.

Yawnz....:sleep:

Poloclub
08-06-12, 18:47
Yawnz....:sleep:

please keep it that way.

radha08
08-06-12, 21:31

ON THE ROAD

BMW Driver....:cool:(Cool Sial)
Suzuki Driver....:banghead:(Damm SIANZ...)

End of the Month when pay Installment/Visa petrol Bill

Suzuki Driver...:spliff:(Cool Sial)
BMW Driver....:banghead:(Damm SIANZ)

:D:D:D:D:D

samuelk
09-06-12, 06:32
ON THE ROAD

BMW Driver....:cool:(Cool Sial)
Suzuki Driver....:banghead:(Damm SIANZ...)

End of the Month when pay Installment/Visa petrol Bill

Suzuki Driver...:spliff:(Cool Sial)
BMW Driver....:banghead:(Damm SIANZ)

:D:D:D:D:D
Suzuki Driver .. siong .. must pay bill :confused:
BMW driver .. easy peasy company car ..:cheers1:

Kelonguni
09-06-12, 08:11
I think both landed and non-landed are investible, depends on how long you like to look for tenants and price.

Singaporeans attach a strong price tag with landed but overseas it's actually the reverse in many cities.

So really depends on what you use it for...

hyenergix
09-06-12, 08:31

You never read in BMW forum that BMW drivers usually kenna chop carrot big time during servicing and changing parts by after warranty period.

ysyap
09-06-12, 08:49
When people are selling, you'll buy... :)

NorthernStar
09-06-12, 12:16
Based on previous threads:
Suzuki driver : Tenant in Little India
BMW driver : Tenant in Orchard

How many BMW drivers are belong to this company car category?

so, if crisis come, BMW drivers will disappear faster?