PDA

View Full Version : HDB to consider holding inventory

wind30
03-06-12, 16:25
FINALLY, our minister has heard what some of us has been saying all along.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=145682&postcount=36

BTO with zero inventory is a totally wrong and stupid policy that led to todays supply crunch.

Without any inventory, there is no way HDB can do anything when supply spikes. Common sense right? I am surprised that it took so long for them to admit their failed policy.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 16:41
Some people arent known to be particularly fast. He *only* entered politics in 2001, give him a break. :beats-me-man:

lajia
03-06-12, 17:37
He is listening....;) with this factor I think at least there is a tap to turn off or on the supply when they need to. Good approach I hope....:2cents:

Still, they need to have a good prediction of demand and control the supply before the flood happen. :p

Arcachon
03-06-12, 18:32
FINALLY, our minister has heard what some of us has been saying all along.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=145682&postcount=36

BTO with zero inventory is a totally wrong and stupid policy that led to todays supply crunch.

Without any inventory, there is no way HDB can do anything when supply spikes. Common sense right? I am surprised that it took so long for them to admit their failed policy.
Talk is free, he is very good in talking. I think he learn a bit from Ben, inform the market in advance, whether do or not not important.

Market are created by a group of people who reacted with herd instinct. When everyone buy the rest follow, whether need or not not important. If so many people buy must be good, don't believe go to food court and see.

He show hand with just 25,000 unit of HDB in 1 year to satisfy 100,000 demand and follow with talk of 25,000 then put a few mature estate, tell the herd where the next town is and finally tell the herd he is going to store some for them.:cheers4:

Good Job, Well done.:cheers4:

roly8
03-06-12, 19:54
wind30, you must build HDB ahead of demand?

Allthepies
03-06-12, 20:25
Good for those wanting to buy new homes. HDB had walked this path before, tat time so many vacant units, tat was when BTO started. People forget easily. Tat time resale no value.

Arcachon
04-06-12, 02:44
Good for those wanting to buy new homes. HDB had walked this path before, tat time so many vacant units, tat was when BTO started. People forget easily. Tat time resale no value.

This time different, can parallel import. Don't need to wait for years to get the herd, just let them sign the dotted line. Don't need them just tell them PR cannot renew, so easy.

04-06-12, 08:55
Thot in some BTOs that are not fully subscribed (eg 70% subscribed) HDB will still go ahead and build would this not already form a buffer? Also not factoring the few pple who pull out midway (another buffer).

Anyway history always repeat itself and guess this is just one step closer. :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
04-06-12, 10:24
Thot in some BTOs that are not fully subscribed (eg 70% subscribed) HDB will still go ahead and build would this not already form a buffer? Also not factoring the few pple who pull out midway (another buffer).

Anyway history always repeat itself and guess this is just one step closer. :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

He is just doing what the masses kpkb wan him to do. Nothing wrong with that. This is politics.