PDA

View Full Version : 17 share 3RM HDB flat

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 16:01
http://www.tnp.sg/content/17-people-share-three-room-flat

If this is allowed to happen under HDB rental scheme, shouldnt MND be doing something about these rather than attempting to talk and clamp down on private shoeboxes??

buttercarp
03-06-12, 17:27

If this is allowed to happen under HDB rental scheme, shouldnt MND be doing something about these rather than attempting to talk and clamp down on private shoeboxes??

This is sick!
How can this happen in Singapore.
Really like a squatter.
I feel so sorry for the young kids.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 17:36
Interim Rental Housing Scheme

Submitted by marshaismyname on March 14, 2012 - 11:22pm

Hi, im one of the tenant who stays in the Interim Rental Housing Scheme in Blk 46 Bedok South Ave 3..I've been living here since December 2011 while waiting for my 30mth debarrment from hdb to rent a flat..and now im waiting for a letter from HDB to give us a flat to rent on our own..
Well, im just sharing with the public what ive seen, went tru all these while im staying here.. My family of 5 were given a common room to stay with a monthly rent of $315 for the 1st 6mth and subsequently increase by $50-$80 after the 6 mth.. no doubt the rental prices were below market rates but living conditions were far beyond happy.. we are required to share the units with another family members which may consist of 2 people if your lucky or for my case, its 11 people in a family..so you can imagine how crowded the 3 room flat will be.ive seen so many quarrels and fights in this block.some end up injured or attempt to commit suicide due to the stress that we got to endure..the SP services bills were shared among 2 or 3 families.. yes there are even 3 families in a unit..so my questions to HDB or MCYS are.*
1) do you think the solutions that you've given us are the best for the families especially when there a childrens? whom might be one of the unlucky ones to get to see 2 families fighting and walloping each other due to some disagreements?
2) will HDB or MCYS start to do something when more dead bodies found in the block? meaning when things get out of hand?
3) do you think is a good environment, a safe and comfortable place for families?
4) is this the way for government to help those in needs? for your info, i think im not the only victims to be in these situations.. when we voice out our concern to the agency (EM services), we were advise to practice tolerancy and consideration..have mutual agreements between 2 or 3 families..have you tried living in these situations of ours??*
5)i hope government can change these scheme which we think are not working at all.. we do not live in peace, we lived in misery instead.. is it so difficult to give us a flat of our own be it rental or purchase? im just wondering sometimes, i saw many upcoming skyscrapers in town..but to give a proper shelter to us which we can called it a home..hmmm.. still a long way to go..

Permalink Submitted by desmondlui on April 18, 2012 - 3:41pm
Hello Marsha,

Due to the nature of my work, I've visited several interim housing flats around Singapore and Blk 46 Bedok South Ave3 is one of them. I'll like to find out more about this housing arrangement from the people who actually stay in one. If you'll be willing, please email me at the following address ([email protected])? Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!

Rgds,
Desmond

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 17:40
Where is his Blk 46 Bedok South Ave 3? It sounds suspiciously near to the upcoming condo project?? How does that affect the value and liveability perceived, of the condo? Luxury in one, and hell across the street?? Is Bedok South Ave 3 will be Singapore's version finally of the Berlin Wall?

hyenergix
03-06-12, 17:49
Nobody is forcing the writer to rent from HDB. He can always rent elsewhere.

buttercarp
03-06-12, 17:57
Nobody is forcing the writer to rent from HDB. He can always rent elsewhere.

I assume that the writer is financially handicapped.
So where else can he rent?

hyenergix
03-06-12, 18:10
I assume that the writer is financially handicapped.
So where else can he rent?

Don't they have parents' or relatives' place?

buttercarp
03-06-12, 18:14

Not all are privileged like yowetan to have such understanding parents.
Moreover I think in this case, his parents are most probably in the same plight or worse off than him.
Anyway, some people have their pride and won't rely on their parents no matter what.
Relatives....... I think they will run far far away from this kind of family.
Who wants to house a family with 5 kids!

hyenergix
03-06-12, 18:28
Not all are privileged like yowetan to have such understanding parents.
Moreover I think in this case, his parents are most probably in the same plight or worse off than him.
Anyway, some people have their pride and won't rely on their parents no matter what.
Relatives....... I think they will run far far away from this kind of family.
Who wants to house a family with 5 kids!

His parents and relatives don't even want him? I think there is more to his side of the story. Note the 30 month debarment. I'm not sure where the cash has gone to.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentDirectHDBEligibility?OpenDocument

buttercarp
03-06-12, 19:03
Where is his Blk 46 Bedok South Ave 3? It sounds suspiciously near to the upcoming condo project?? How does that affect the value and liveability perceived, of the condo? Luxury in one, and hell across the street?? Is Bedok South Ave 3 will be Singapore's version finally of the Berlin Wall?

It is opposite Bedok Court.
I lived in a rented flat there in Blk 48 many years ago for 6 months :o before my parents condo TOP.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 19:26
His parents and relatives don't even want him? I think there is more to his side of the story. Note the 30 month debarment. I'm not sure where the cash has gone to.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10323p.nsf/w/RentDirectHDBEligibility?OpenDocument

Yes. I am inclined to think for some of these so called 'hardship' cases, were just simply expecting govt to take care of them even after they cashed out of their first hdb. Remember the stories of some of these camping in East Coast Park?

buttercarp
03-06-12, 20:05
Yes. I am inclined to think for some of these so called 'hardship' cases, were just simply expecting govt to take care of them even after they cashed out of their first hdb. Remember the stories of some of these camping in East Coast Park?

Why would he want to cash out on his flat and jeopardize the comfort and safety of his family to stay in such cramped conditions?
He must be extremely desperate.

Douk
03-06-12, 20:47

Having a shelter is better than none.

Allthepies
03-06-12, 20:47
Difficult to comment based on little info.

Mr.Keh
03-06-12, 22:14

Is this what they call a modern day slum? How can HDB allow such things to happen in their own rental scheme? Absolutely unacceptable!

shellshox
03-06-12, 22:41
Not trying to be mean, but sometimes they can avoid the burden of too many kids by doing family planning. A little 'protection' goes a long way. Unfortunately some people can't think in the heat of the moment...

fan
03-06-12, 22:58
Hdb still got those 一房一厅 to rent out to families in need? Would be better than 2 families under 1 roof. Safer.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 23:40
Not trying to be mean, but sometimes they can avoid the burden of too many kids by doing family planning. A little 'protection' goes a long way. Unfortunately some people can't think in the heat of the moment...
We need them to ensure our replacement rate doesnt go too low.

rattydrama
03-06-12, 23:49
muslim are not allowed to have it protected. thats why they have so many kids.

rattydrama
03-06-12, 23:53
Hdb still got those 一房一厅 to rent out to families in need? Would be better than 2 families under 1 roof. Safer.

to Q for rental flat will take 8 months from last i heard from kbw. I dont know whats going on for this case but I guess this is a desperate move.

prior to kbw, housing planning for the basic was not done properly or authority underestimate the demand of the ultra poor...so now cost government alot of votes.

august
04-06-12, 09:39
they could have their own problems too.
at some point govt must step in to help, that is the responsibility of the govt.

august
04-06-12, 09:41
i see govt renting out those hdb flats at tanglin halt to foreign students and workers leh.

Beebot
04-06-12, 12:17
This is a complex issue that goes beyond housing. It involves social mobility, the empowerment of women, attitude towards family planning etc