PDA

View Full Version : Cost of maid will go up 3X in next few years

phantom_opera
29-05-12, 19:58
(THE JAKARTA POST/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Indonesia's Manpower and Transmigration Minister Muhaimin Iskandar says the government is preparing to stop sending domestic workers abroad as of 2017.

'We will do our best to provide comprehensive trainings so that they will be ready to enter more competitive industries when the time comes,' Mr Muhaimin said on Tuesday.

He said if the ministry still encountered domestic workers by 2017 then stricter requirements would be applied.

'Our domestic workers will be available for employment again once the host countries agree to implement numerous requirements, such as fixed working hours, holidays and insurance,' he said.

azeoprop
29-05-12, 20:29
700sqft MM 3 bedrooms will become popular...less cleaning to do, can live without maids. :rolleyes:

rattydrama
29-05-12, 20:38
700sqft MM 3 bedrooms will become popular...less cleaning to do, can live without maids. :rolleyes:
slowing it will be moving towards that goal.

ysyap
29-05-12, 20:40
Will Philippines follow too? Anyway, this will not affect those who are wealthy. Anyway, the Indonesia side merely wanted fair employment for their maids so give the mandatory 1 day off/wk and more rest time during work. Better still no need to stay in employer's house.. ask maid to rent outside just like any foreigners coming to work here, like those working in hair salons, coffeeshops, part time maids, etc... :D They may get better working hours but spend more in the end so see if the authorities will revert back to old system... :rolleyes:

hyenergix
29-05-12, 20:47
It will drive up OCR n RCR property prices even further as cpuples will get their parents to take care of kids. Day care centers will also flourish. Indonesia is known to flip flop policies. Not sure if their own pp need overseas jobs or e govt provides for them.

House
29-05-12, 20:54
myanmar will export maids 3 times

DC33_2008
30-05-12, 10:12
Keep my domestic helper happy with pay rise. Difficult to find another good ones these days.

roly8
30-05-12, 10:16
wa...

indo gonna upgrade their maids' quality..

good thing but all those requirements do really see a alot rise in the pay for them..

:o

buttercarp
30-05-12, 10:23
So mabbe that's why last nite I dreamt of maid issue.
I dreamt a neighbour's maid trying to get a copy of my IRAS form but my maid prevented her from doing so!

Keep my domestic helper happy with pay rise. Difficult to find another good ones these days.

Yup, I agree with you.

Laguna
30-05-12, 16:17
ya, it is so difficult to find a good helper now...
Criteria :
Honest, hardworking, trustworthy, independent, cook well, wake up early to wash car, sleep late late, dun eat much, don't fall sick, do everything I want dun even for me to tell, dun talk back,

where to find...

land118
30-05-12, 16:24
ya, it is so difficult to find a good helper now...
Criteria :
Honest, hardworking, trustworthy, independent, cook well, wake up early to wash car, sleep late late, dun eat much, don't fall sick, do everything I want dun even for me to tell, dun talk back,

where to find... dun like to go for day off, dun like men, give all her salary to employer to safekeep/save, dun like to make-up, dress conservatively, & the list goes on...

azeoprop
30-05-12, 17:30
Sounds more like a personal slave....:doh:

phantom_opera
30-05-12, 17:34
Maid salary needs to be at least SGD1000 ... the current $500 is still too low

This will really encourage some people to become homemakers

DC33_2008
30-05-12, 17:44
Spouse to become a homemaker or finance minister can be a disaster.

buttercarp
30-05-12, 18:07
My maid has most of the qualities that were mentioned.
She is truly a gem.
Btw, can a peidu mama work as a housekeeper without incurring levy?

land118
30-05-12, 20:41

Cost to employer is much higher. If MOM remove levy and impose 1 time admin /registration charge, sure can pay higher.....:2cents:

Laguna
30-05-12, 22:07
There was one fine day, I asked my helper, "do u hv a boy friend here?"

Answer : "yes" and she started to describe him...
I said : dun get pregant....else, I will send u back

I dare not ask further...what else can I do?

I watched this CNA programme on the same topic. It was featured free condom was given away to these helpers and foreign workers at Orchard Road....

buttercarp
30-05-12, 22:43
There was one fine day, I asked my helper, "do u hv a boy friend here?"

Answer : "yes" and she started to describe him...
I said : dun get pregant....else, I will send u back

I dare not ask further...what else can I do?

I watched this CNA programme on the same topic. It was featured free condom was given away to these helpers and foreign workers at Orchard Road....

Have you advised her on contraception?
Can consider those type of injection that last for 3 months.