PDA

View Full Version : Bayou Water Village, Malaysia

richwang
27-05-12, 13:11
Just came back from my friend's house warming in Bayou.
He has bought a semi-D from the resale marekt with less than RM 1M.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-overseas-properties/29/leisure-farm-resort-bayou-water-village

Beautiful place!

The side effect: I would see myself as a fool to buy property paying X5 times the price just 30 minutes driving distance away.

Now I have better understanding of what is called "affordable".

Thanks,
Richard
PS. He also bought a decent 2nd hand car for his wife: RM 15K.

Rysk
27-05-12, 14:20
Just came back from my friend's house warming in Bayou.
He has bought a semi-D from the resale marekt with less than RM 1M.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-overseas-properties/29/leisure-farm-resort-bayou-water-village

Beautiful place!

The side effect: I would see myself as a fool to buy property paying X5 times the price just 30 minutes driving distance away.

Now I have better understanding of what is called "affordable".

Thanks,
Richard
PS. He also bought a decent 2nd hand car for his wife: RM 15K.

Any side effect over there like security concern: kena rob, kena rape, family member will kena kidpnap, hand kena chop down, etc.. cos my M'sia friends told me that Gelang Patah is not a safe place too..

Will it be a fool just because is cheap & forget about security, esp. for the family??
So is like what you pay what you get kind of thing.. ??

Allthepies
27-05-12, 14:39
I always believe in, "Cheap thing no good, good thing cannot be cheap"
Who is the fool only time can tell....

ikan bilis
27-05-12, 14:53
RM1Mil is only S$400K... enough for 3rm hdb, a bit hard for 4rm hdb.... when will sgp merge with m'sia in future ??... :D ,... or never ??... :(

Laguna
27-05-12, 15:16
Ya, this is a nice place, but very very boring or super boring.

I was thinking of buying land there at only M$60 psf, and build my dream house. After counting left and right, find that it is not my life style.

If u hv time, visit the UE's project, the bungalow..so nice and cheap.....

DC33_2008
27-05-12, 15:22
Spore & Mal may will not merge but not surprised more people will stay in iskandar's region with the rising house, car & medical cost.

phantom_opera
27-05-12, 15:41
Nearest shops at bukit indah

hyenergix
27-05-12, 16:58
Ya, this is a nice place, but very very boring or super boring.

I was thinking of buying land there at only M$60 psf, and build my dream house. After counting left and right, find that it is not my life style.

If u hv time, visit the UE's project, the bungalow..so nice and cheap.....

Tot of buying one n retiring there for more peace n savings. But when I'm old, getting ard will b tough n dangerous, n i will need good medical care. So it is back to Singapore.

richwang
27-05-12, 20:14
If you read from newspaper, you will always imagine the other side is less safe.
Leisure Farm is guarded. Insider Bayou, it is another layer of guard.
My friend is not that super rich type, so nothing much to be robbed.
Frankly I definitely feel safer taking a walk inside Leisure Farm than walking under the highway bridge outside Pasir Laba Camp which is very near the foreign workers' apartments.

My friend's neighbors are westerns. Not sure when they pick up a newspaper reading a floating body INSIDE sentosa house pool, what is their comment on the safety level for a place so near to two vice places.

Thanks,
Richard

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
27-05-12, 20:32
The artist impressions all look very the nice...

Wonder if the actual goods will turn out anything close...

hyenergix
27-05-12, 21:29
If you read from newspaper, you will always imagine the other side is less safe.
Leisure Farm is guarded. Insider Bayou, it is another layer of guard.
My friend is not that super rich type, so nothing much to be robbed.
Frankly I definitely feel safer taking a walk inside Leisure Farm than walking under the highway bridge outside Pasir Laba Camp which is very near the foreign workers' apartments.

My friend's neighbors are westerns. Not sure when they pick up a newspaper reading a floating body INSIDE sentosa house pool, what is their comment on the safety level for a place so near to two vice places.

Thanks,
Richard

We can't be living in protected castle all the time. Even my Malaysian colleagues don't feel safe in JB.

richwang
28-05-12, 00:44
Buying land to build house is the next thing my friend will be doing since his family is now living there. (40 mins drive to work at Science Park - door to door.)
The land cost has gone up to around RM100 psf now. Still "affordable".

Thanks,
Richard

Laguna
28-05-12, 08:30
Tamesak and E&O have jointly bot a big piece of land there at M$25psf.

I visited Bayou late last year, visited an unsold unit from the developer, the quality is rather poor.

rogerang
28-05-12, 10:12
If you are interested in a corner terr for this project, sms me 90030188.

Renovated unit.

Laguna
28-05-12, 11:04
Should take up MM2H ...Make Malaysia your Second Home
the price of a BMW 5 series is the price of our COE....

I was thinking very hard to retire in Penang, but still prefer to stay in Sg...
for many reasons

richwang
30-05-12, 11:28
My friend only spent RM 4k to do ID including curtains.
But some spend RM 200K to redo the tar, etc.

It must be my HDB taste. I need to go for some high end show flat.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. My wife's friend bought a decent condo in Singapore, but she decides to spend S$200K to redo doors, etc. So must be even higher standard.

richwang
30-05-12, 11:32
Some photos.

The ducks are just under the balconcy.

Some of friend complain the water seems mudy.
But I can asure you it is not smelling, at least not now.

Thanks,
Richard

roly8
30-05-12, 14:47
Should take up MM2H ...Make Malaysia your Second Home
the price of a BMW 5 series is the price of our COE....

I was thinking very hard to retire in Penang, but still prefer to stay in Sg...
for many reasons

penang food ROCKS! :D

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
30-05-12, 15:01
Some photos.

The ducks are just under the balconcy.

Some of friend complain the water seems mudy.
But I can asure you it is not smelling, at least not now.

Thanks,
Richard

The 鸭子s look bright and white and cheery. I'm sure the water is safe and clean. I like 鸭子 and 兔子. Wahahahaha

Shoeboxsupporter
30-05-12, 15:11
The 鸭子s look bright and white and cheery. I'm sure the water is safe and clean. I like 鸭子 and 兔子. Wahahahaha

Can Singaporean stay in Iskandar without VISA or any immigration permit ?
Do we need to apply any permit ?

roly8
30-05-12, 15:21
Can Singaporean stay in Iskandar without VISA or any immigration permit ?
Do we need to apply any permit ?
it is just like travel from sg to malaysia
must have passport etc:o

Shoeboxsupporter
30-05-12, 15:36
it is just like travel from sg to malaysia
must have passport etc:o

It means I don any any travel document except passport to stay in Malaysia ? So good ?

Laguna
30-05-12, 16:27
if u stay is less than 90 days (I think so), then visa is not needed.

The best is to apply for the "Make Malaysia your Second Home MM2H", with 10 years renewal visa. ie u can stay there 10 years without coming back to Sg or apply for visa.

On top, u can buy a BMW 5 series there at the same price of our COE.

Also, have a helper without paying levy.

Shoeboxsupporter
30-05-12, 18:42
if u stay is less than 90 days (I think so), then visa is not needed.

The best is to apply for the "Make Malaysia your Second Home MM2H", with 10 years renewal visa. ie u can stay there 10 years without coming back to Sg or apply for visa.

On top, u can buy a BMW 5 series there at the same price of our COE.

Also, have a helper without paying levy.

It means I only need to come back Singapore at least once for 90 days then I can continue to stay there. Then it is really a good place for retirement. If really so, I will lazy to apply the MM2H visa. Just come back once every 3 months are not big deal.

richwang
30-05-12, 20:25
Just checked my Singapore passport, it is 30 days visa free.
If you are considering retirement there, it is better to get MM2H.
You don't want to be in bed and yet being chased out as illegal immigrants.

There are other benefits, such as buying local car, and discounted gasoline, etc.
But there are some requirements.
Here are the details. Just noticed for property investment they are talking about RM 1M now.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
30-05-12, 20:39
My friend has already paid the previous owner in full.
My friend has also moved into the house.
But the transfer is still pending state to approve after 3 months.
So things are indeed different.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Is it common practice there to pay some coffee money to speed things up?

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
30-05-12, 20:39
Just checked my Singapore passport, it is 30 days visa free.
If you are considering retirement there, it is better to get MM2H.
You don't want to be in bed and yet being chased out as illegal immigrants.

There are other benefits, such as buying local car, and discounted gasoline, etc.
But there are some requirements.
Here are the details. Just noticed for property investment they are talking about RM 1M now.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/

Thanks,
Richard

Not only that, you need to show proof that you have monthly bank balance of at least RM$500k, if age below 50 prior to application. After approval, you need to maintain a FD account there with minimum 300k.

richwang
30-05-12, 20:45
The RM 500K liquidity asset can be offshore (in Singapore bank).

But you do need RM 300K hard cash deposit in Malaysia after approval.

Upon Approval : Aged Below 50 years old http://www.mm2h.gov.my/images/spacer.gif
* Open a fixed deposit account of RM300,000.00.
* After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to RM150,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
* Must maintain a minimum balance of RM150,000.00 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this programme.
Approved participants who have purchased and own property which were bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may comply with the basic fixed deposit requirement of RM 150,000 on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation in MM2H programme.

Thanks,
Richard

DC33_2008
30-05-12, 20:53
Buy a RM1 million property and just need deposit about RM150,000 in a bank to qualify on the MM2M scheme. Best part can buy car w/o tax. C180 Merc is about SGD90k.Richwang is more detail.
Not only that, you need to show proof that you have monthly bank balance of at least RM$500k, if age below 50 prior to application. After approval, you need to maintain a FD account there with minimum 300k.