PDA

View Full Version : THE RED HOUSE @ FORMER RED HOUSE BAKERY (By Warees Investment)

rc_koh
21-05-12, 00:06
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/rc_koh/RedHouseLogo.jpg

Launching Soon!
THE RED HOUSE
- Former Red House Bakery
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/rc_koh/TheRedHousePerspective1.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/rc_koh/TheRedHousePerspective2.jpg

Total: 42 Residential Units
5 Commercial (For Lease Only)
1 Bakery
Expected TOP: Q4 2014
Facilities: Pool + Gym + Carpark

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/rc_koh/Slide7.jpg

Red House Residences
- 1- and 2- Bedders in Annex Block (28 Units)
- 1 BR from 441 - 484sqft
- 2 BR from 721 - 753sqft
- 2/3BR Penthouses

Red House Suites –
- Studios Above Conservation Shophouses (10 Units)
- Studios from 495 - 829sqft
- Studio Lofts

Red House Lofts
- Studios In the “Red House” (4 Units)
-Studios Lofts from 764 – 915sqft

Excellent Location:
- Mins to Major Shopping Malls (I12 Katong, Parkway Parade, Katong SC)
- Close to reputable schools like Tao Nan School, Kong Hwa, Geylang Methodist, Haig Girls, TKGS, TKSS, Chung Cheng High, Dunman High, Canadian International
- Walk to East Coast Park
- Future MRT - Upcoming Eastern Region Line

For more updates and plans, please register with Rachel @ 94318113

Developer's Sales Team
Rachel Koh
[email protected]
R006385E

carbuncle
21-05-12, 00:22
Oh they retained the one bakery, nice touch.

dtrax
21-05-12, 00:40
the price????

CondoInterested
21-05-12, 01:07
Red House Bakery, the icon of East Coast Road. Cool.

Near Marshall Road.

phantom_opera
21-05-12, 07:42
i miss it too ... the kopi and bread and cake from this little outlet

nice touch to conserve this building ... right thing to do

MMs again :doh:

eng81157
21-05-12, 09:06
is the old ah pek coming back? miss the dark, crumpy place

DC33_2008
21-05-12, 10:01
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/rc_koh/RedHouseLogo.jpg

Launching Soon!

THE RED HOUSE
- Former Red House Bakery

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/rc_koh/TheRedHousePerspective1.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/rc_koh/TheRedHousePerspective2.jpg

Total: 42 Residential Units
5 Commercial (For Lease Only)
1 Bakery
Expected TOP: Q4 2014
Facilities: Pool + Gym + Carpark

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/rc_koh/Slide7.jpg

Red House Residences

- 1- and 2- Bedders in Annex Block (28 Units)
- 1 BR from 441 - 484sqft
- 2 BR from 721 - 753sqft
- 2/3BR Penthouses

Red House Suites –
- Studios Above Conservation Shophouses (10 Units)
- Studios from 495 - 829sqft
- Studio Lofts

Red House Lofts
-
Studios In the “Red House” (4 Units)
-Studios Lofts from 764 – 915sqft

Excellent Location:
- Mins to Major Shopping Malls (I12 Katong, Parkway Parade, Katong SC)
- Close to reputable schools like Tao Nan School, Kong Hwa, Geylang Methodist, Haig Girls, TKGS, TKSS, Chung Cheng High, Dunman High, Canadian International
- Walk to East Coast Park
- Future MRT - Upcoming Eastern Region Line

For more updates and plans, please register with Rachel @ 94318113

Developer's Sales Team
Rachel Koh
[email protected]
R006385E

It is an interesting design. Different perspective at different angle. Better from road level. Another development with MMs.

Wild Falcon
21-05-12, 10:03
This must be the epitome of ugliness. Why do they build a apt block attached behind a shophouse? Just let the row of shophouse be a row of shophouse lah. Imagine the rest of the shophouses next time will have one glass block behind. Wah lau eh. Even shophouse also cannot let go. Worse still is all surrounded shophouses - cramped like crazy. Got space for parking or not? And all MMs some more.

DC33_2008
21-05-12, 10:07
No more setback. It is rather dangerous if fire breakout at those shophouses. Furthermore those facing the roof of the shophouses will get lots of heat reflected from the pitched roof. Good Luck to owners.
This must be the epitome of ugliness. Why do they build a apt block attached behind a shophouse? Just let the row of shophouse be a row of shophouse lah. Imagine the rest of the shophouses next time will have one glass block behind. Wah lau eh. Even shophouse also cannot let go. Worse still is all surrounded shophouses - cramped like crazy.

Wild Falcon
21-05-12, 10:09
Not sure worth conserving the hardware without the software. And half hearted conservation attaching ugly glass blocks behind "conserved" facade is usually a bad idea - like Cathay.

i miss it too ... the kopi and bread and cake from this little outlet

nice touch to conserve this building ... right thing to do

MMs again :doh:

phantom_opera
21-05-12, 10:16
Not sure worth conserving the hardware without the software. And half hearted conservation attaching ugly glass blocks behind "conserved" facade is usually a bad idea - like Cathay.

agree, garmen should mandate that the builders make the whole project coherent i.e. it should not look like a monster of mixing old / modern

Pizza88
21-05-12, 11:08
Where is the ugly overhead bridge?

eng81157
21-05-12, 11:11
Where is the ugly overhead bridge?

airbrushed, of course.

Pizza88
21-05-12, 11:21
is the old ah pek coming back? miss the dark, crumpy place

Last time I saw the old Ah Pek working in the internet cafe beside the Red House.

carbuncle
21-05-12, 11:24
I quite firmly believe this will turn out way better than Heritage East. Warees have track record in conservation projects.

http://www.warees.com

The office is housed in a prominent and interesting building at junction of Bendemeer and Lavender rd.

phantom_opera
21-05-12, 11:24
Last time I saw the old Ah Pek working in the internet cafe beside the Red House.

really, what a shame ... Ah Pek from bakery to cybercafe :beats-me-man:

carbuncle
21-05-12, 11:26
MUIS looking to form Islamic real estate investment trust
By Priyia Paramajothi, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 06 March 2007 2004 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (MUIS) is looking into the possibility of forming an Islamic real estate investment trust (REIT).

MUIS currently has some S$250 million worth of assets being managed by its unit Warees Investments.

These assets – mainly in property – are being held in trust on behalf of members of the Muslim public to generate income for the Muslim community at large.

MUIS is seeking to increase the returns on the assets being managed by its Warees Investments unit.

Currently, Warees manages some 200 properties in Singapore under a waqf fund.

To Muslims, 'waqf' is a gift to god, in the form of fixed or capital assets.

The money generated from these assets is used for the development of the community.

The returns from the waqf fund are about 4 percent to 5 percent annually.

But MUIS is hoping to do better by spinning the assets into an Islamic REIT.

Mohammad Alami Musa, President, MUIS, said: "MUIS has been looking into the possibility of Islamic REITS and we would want to collaborate with an established player in the property market in Singapore to do a joint study on the Islamic REITS."

No names were given, but according to sources, CapitaLand is seen as a potential partner.

The property developer has worked before with MUIS to develop waqf properties.

CapitaLand has said that it plans to introduce more Shariah-compliant real estate funds.

According to the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) the potential of waqf properties as an income generating investment is underdeveloped globally.

IDB said there is a huge, untapped property market worth about US$100 billion which financial institutions can step into.

Ahmed S Hariri, Regional Director, Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah Saudi Arabia, said: "Roughly, it's about US$100 billion worth of properties throughout the Islamic world, or even in non-Islamic countries, such as in Singapore here, so there is a great deal of opportunity for the Islamic financial institutions to develop and invest in these resources."

Singapore is hoping to tap into this growth.

It is seeking to be a key player in the global Islamic financial sector and is seen as having a legal framework that is conducive to trusts.

Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong said: "The environment required to ensure the growth of waqf is similar to conventional charitable trusts. Singapore has established itself as a strong centre for the administration of charities and trusts. We have introduced several initiatives to make Singapore a more conducive jurisdiction for trusts - a vehicle commonly used for philanthropic purposes. This includes measures to modernise our trust laws, update our regulatory framework and make our tax regime more conducive for the establishment of trusts."

The senior minister said this would help Singapore become a centre for the development of waqf.

- CNA/so

carbuncle
21-05-12, 11:29
really, what a shame ... Ah Pek from bakery to cybercafe :beats-me-man:

Ah pek oso need to get wit da times. Who know he may be high level player in DOTA

Pizza88
21-05-12, 11:35
Ah pek oso need to get wit da times. Who know he may be high level player in DOTA

I remember there were 2 Ah Peks, 1 of them always behind the cashier and the other 1 has a slight hunchback who is the "kopi Kia" taking orders. The kopi kia work at the cybercafe after Red House was closed.

phantom_opera
21-05-12, 11:41
when Muslim REIT is listed and working with CAPL to enhance its assets ... u know it is in a bubble

carbuncle
21-05-12, 11:45
when Muslim REIT is listed and working with CAPL to enhance its assets ... u know it is in a bubble

That was in 2007 the report

eng81157
21-05-12, 14:04

oh dear. this is sad!!!!

phantom_opera
05-09-12, 18:23
why is this project not launched yet?

none is sold according to URA :confused:

carbuncle
05-09-12, 19:08
They are busy finishing up the Hari Raya celebrations....

minority
06-09-12, 02:09
the place will everyday have cooking exhaust smell... look like another "east heritage" project.

carbuncle
06-09-12, 08:44
I have a feeling this will be way better executed than Heritage East....

Newbie23
06-09-12, 09:32
why is this project not launched yet?

none is sold according to URA :confused:

Why was the launch delayed? Anyone got any idea?

callenaw
19-08-14, 15:38
Any idea what happened to this development? Pros and Cons?

leesg123
19-08-14, 18:16
Any idea what happened to this development? Pros and Cons?
Leasehold on FH land?

minority
20-08-14, 09:30
Overhead bridge right in front of the unit. basically everyone can look into that unit. thats one big CON.

vboy
20-08-14, 10:03
Overhead bridge right in front of the unit. basically everyone can look into that unit. thats one big CON.

Someone should appeal to LTA to have the overhead bridge removed
Its badly maintained and an eyesore as it covers up the beautiful shophouse architecture

minority
20-08-14, 13:52
Someone should appeal to LTA to have the overhead bridge removed
Its badly maintained and an eyesore as it covers up the beautiful shophouse architecture

Then the people who need the cross the road how? They have to walk a very big round leh.. Then people will KPKB say favour the rich marginalised the poor.

jonathann80
22-08-14, 08:53
Then the people who need the cross the road how? They have to walk a very big round leh.. Then people will KPKB say favour the rich marginalised the poor.

Mmm build a traffic light there then. So drivers can stop and admire the red house while people can still cross. Those waiting to cross can admire the red house too.

callenaw
23-08-14, 00:25
Mmm build a traffic light there then. So drivers can stop and admire the red house while people can still cross. Those waiting to cross can admire the red house too.

Good suggestion but so far like not much interest for this development?

SQ008
26-09-14, 21:45

Yup, people can look into the red house and see them making ....cakes.:scared-5:

Patrickstar
26-09-14, 23:07
I heard some units have no windows, can anyone verify?