PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari, taxi and motorcycle crash kills 2

land118
12-05-12, 22:46
Read from Car forum that Ferrari driver is PRC in financial industry. Very jialat accident...:scared-1:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2678155

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20120512-345542.html

Ferrari, taxi and motorcycle crash kills 2

SINGAPORE - An accident involving a Ferrari, a taxi and a motorcycle has left two dead and three others injured.

The crash occurred in the wee hours of Saturday at the junction of Rochor Road and Victoria Street.

Witnesses say that the Ferrari crashed into a taxi when it ran a red light, causing the taxi to hit a passing motorcycle.

The impact was so hard that the taxi's engine was found 30m away from the vehicle, reported Shin Min Daily News.

The accident location is said to be a black spot with six accidents occurring over the past 12 days.

Police and SCDF received calls about the accident at about 4.15am.

Drivers of both vehicle were trapped and had to be extricated by SCDF personnel.

The Ferrari driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene by the paramedics. Shin Min Daily News reported that the driver was 31-year-old Chinese businessman Ma Chi.

The female passenger in the Ferrari, in her 20s, and the cabby, in his 40s, sustained head injuries.

The motorcyclist, in his 20s, sustained spinal injuries.

All three of them were sent to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

The taxi's passenger, also a woman in her 20s, died after she was found unconscious and sent to Singapore General Hospital, reported The Straits Times.

The police are investigating the accident and are appealing for eye-witnesses to call its hotline at Police 1800-5471818.

Mr Ma's family members were spotted at the mortuary on Saturday morning.

His mother needed relatives to support her into the morgue and was extremely distressed. She was seen falling down to the ground crying before she entered, reported Shin Min Daily News.

She kept calling out her son's name as well.

kane
12-05-12, 22:50
Bless their souls, particularly the female taxi passenger...

price
12-05-12, 23:24
Read from Car forum that Ferrari driver is PRC in financial industry. Very jialat accident...:scared-1:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2678155

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20120512-345542.html

Ferrari, taxi and motorcycle crash kills 2

SINGAPORE - An accident involving a Ferrari, a taxi and a motorcycle has left two dead and three others injured.

The crash occurred in the wee hours of Saturday at the junction of Rochor Road and Victoria Street.

Witnesses say that the Ferrari crashed into a taxi when it ran a red light, causing the taxi to hit a passing motorcycle.

The impact was so hard that the taxi's engine was found 30m away from the vehicle, reported Shin Min Daily News.

The accident location is said to be a black spot with six accidents occurring over the past 12 days.

Police and SCDF received calls about the accident at about 4.15am.

Drivers of both vehicle were trapped and had to be extricated by SCDF personnel.

The Ferrari driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene by the paramedics. Shin Min Daily News reported that the driver was 31-year-old Chinese businessman Ma Chi.

The female passenger in the Ferrari, in her 20s, and the cabby, in his 40s, sustained head injuries.

The motorcyclist, in his 20s, sustained spinal injuries.

All three of them were sent to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

The taxi's passenger, also a woman in her 20s, died after she was found unconscious and sent to Singapore General Hospital, reported The Straits Times.

The police are investigating the accident and are appealing for eye-witnesses to call its hotline at Police 1800-5471818.

Mr Ma's family members were spotted at the mortuary on Saturday morning.

His mother needed relatives to support her into the morgue and was extremely distressed. She was seen falling down to the ground crying before she entered, reported Shin Min Daily News.

She kept calling out her son's name as well.

:( i almost had an accident on that junction as well

evergreen
12-05-12, 23:34
That's sad :(
Really unlucky.

bargain hunter
12-05-12, 23:57
why bless the ferrari driver?! :simmering: :mad: he's the cause of it all. he think his ferrari very quick can beat the red light. (&*^($%&*^)!$#^

drive like f1 track, no concern for everyone else. :(

Bless their souls, particularly the female taxi passenger...

irisng
13-05-12, 00:35
My friend's brother was actually very lucky. Few months back, he survived from a serious accident but I don't think this was reported.

Two days before the accident happened, he bought a new helmet to replace his old one as the belt was spoilt.

The accident happened in the evening, he had just finished his work and was on his way home in his motorbike. A car suddenly cut into his lane and in order to avoid it, his motorbike became not stable and accidentally got into another lane and knocked against the back of the oncoming car. His head was stucked under the car, he was unconscious (approx 7 secs) until he heard "kok kok" sound that woke him up.

The most unbelievable part was the driver didn't know that there was someone under his car and kept on driving until the car behind him alerted him. The "kok Kok" sound actually came from his helmet knocking against the floor. When he was being pulled out from the car, his helmet was really in a bad shape that you could see the "inside". He was sent to hospital by the ambulance. He was very lucky that he only got an external injury, no internal injury. His left chest, both hands and knees were injured especially his chest, a big layer of skin had come out that you could see the flesh inside. I heard that he had a "pi-xu" with him before the accident but after the accident, the "pi-xu" disappeared, couldn't be found anywhere at the scene.

roly8
13-05-12, 10:06
My friend's brother was actually very lucky. Few months back, he survived from a serious accident but I don't think this was reported.

Two days before the accident happened, he bought a new helmet to replace his old one as the belt was spoilt.

The accident happened in the evening, he had just finished his work and was on his way home in his motorbike. A car suddenly cut into his lane and in order to avoid it, his motorbike became not stable and accidentally got into another lane and knocked against the back of the oncoming car. His head was stucked under the car, he was unconscious (approx 7 secs) until he heard "kok kok" sound that woke him up.

The most unbelievable part was the driver didn't know that there was someone under his car and kept on driving until the car behind him alerted him. The "kok Kok" sound actually came from his helmet knocking against the floor. When he was being pulled out from the car, his helmet was really in a bad shape that you could see the "inside". He was sent to hospital by the ambulance. He was very lucky that he only got an external injury, no internal injury. His left chest, both hands and knees were injured especially his chest, a big layer of skin had come out that you could see the flesh inside. I heard that he had a "pi-xu" with him before the accident but after the accident, the "pi-xu" disappeared, couldn't be found anywhere at the scene.

omG!!

just one step away from the death...
really scary:47:

M_Q
13-05-12, 10:40
funny.. i couldn't see from the pictures if the airbags are being deployed. taxi no airbag???

http://www.asiaone.com/static/motoring/gallery/120512_ferrariaccident/images/pic15.jpg

maisonjai
13-05-12, 11:57
Usually for side impact, front airbags won't be deployed coz sensors are mounted for front impact. Anyway I am not surprised if cabs opt out airbags to reduce cost.

ysyap
13-05-12, 12:02
The Ferrari driver is my colleague's distant friend... sigh! His careless driving cost him his life and took a 2nd innocent life along! You can never be too careful in life!

bargain hunter
13-05-12, 12:37
heard that accident happened at 430am? ferrari driver prob drunk?

u can reduce risk of bo tin tin mati by not staying out so late i guess?

The Ferrari driver is my colleague's distant friend... sigh! His careless driving cost him his life and took a 2nd innocent life along! You can never be too careful in life!

august
13-05-12, 13:16
thought super cars like ferrari are extremely tough and unbreakable?
so what is a safe car to drive? merc? bentley?

roly8
13-05-12, 13:19

fast & furious..

:hell-hath-no-fury::hell-hath-no-fury:

ysyap
13-05-12, 13:24
so what is a safe car to drive? merc? bentley?At that sort of speed, you need to be inside a tank to be protected but no tanks can ever achieve that sort of speed! :scared-4:

Worsty
13-05-12, 13:27
Not to mention, none of his friends 'know' who the 20+ year old girl in the car is....

carbuncle
13-05-12, 13:28
Does anyone know if the dead taxi passenger used a safety belt?

august
13-05-12, 13:49
At that sort of speed, you need to be inside a tank to be protected but no tanks can ever achieve that sort of speed! :scared-4:

doubt can really go that fast on that stretch and it is not even a highway. Christiano Ronaldo crashed his ferrari not long ago, the car completely mangled but he walked away unhurt. Did the china man buy a lemon?

roly8
13-05-12, 14:15
Does anyone know if the dead taxi passenger used a safety belt?

i think the safety belt doesn't matter for this accident since the ferrari bang into the left side of the taxi where the passenger is seated..:o

carbuncle
13-05-12, 14:17
i think the safety belt doesn't matter for this accident since the ferrari bang into the left side of the taxi where the passenger is seated..:o
Ok. Then if used could be worse as she would be immovable from the full brunt of the impact...

bargain hunter
13-05-12, 14:29
430am, if he was accelerating all the way through all the red lights, possible right?

doubt can really go that fast on that stretch and it is not even a highway. Christiano Ronaldo crashed his ferrari not long ago, the car completely mangled but he walked away unhurt. Did the china man buy a lemon?

land118
13-05-12, 14:44
Impact so great, engine dislodged and ended up like 50m-100m away..:scared-1:

ysyap
13-05-12, 15:09
i think the safety belt doesn't matter for this accident since the ferrari bang into the left side of the taxi where the passenger is seated..:oIf the impact is directly into the left side of the taxi where the passenger was seated, then how come the taxi motor was completely dislodged and skidded some distance away from the cab?

maisonjai
13-05-12, 16:26
Impact so great, engine dislodged and ended up like 50m-100m away..:scared-1:
This model already caught fire twice on the road, not surprising the engine "dismount".

land118
13-05-12, 16:28
Old Toyota Crown model that Ah Pek drivers drive still more reliable..

roly8
13-05-12, 21:26
If the impact is directly into the left side of the taxi where the passenger was seated, then how come the taxi motor was completely dislodged and skidded some distance away from the cab?
someone posted the video of the crash..

the ferrari is very fast..

and latest news say the taxi uncle passed away this afternoon... :(
and the female passenger is actually a japanese tourist ..

http://i.imgur.com/mN8aG.gif

hyenergix
13-05-12, 21:31
The driver who took the video must be very heng, as it could have been him if he were 1 second faster and in the middle of the junction. Looks like a speed of > 150 km/h prior to impact.

roly8
13-05-12, 21:54
The driver who took the video must be very heng, as it could have been him if he were 1 second faster and in the middle of the junction. Looks like a speed of > 150 km/h prior to impact.

quite common for driver to put 'video cam' on their car nowadays..

can use as evidence for any car touch car minor incident..:o

M_Q
13-05-12, 22:15
someone posted the video of the crash..

the ferrari is very fast..

and latest news say the taxi uncle passed away this afternoon... :(
and the female passenger is actually a japanese tourist ..

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_798519.html

So tragic, one action and 3 lives gone..

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 22:20
It is greenlight. PRC driver must be either drunk or talking to his girlfriend. Pity his pregnant wife with one 4 year old daughter. She still wonder what is this girl in her husband Ferrari.
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_798519.html

So tragic, one action and 3 lives gone..

ysyap
13-05-12, 23:03
It is greenlight. PRC driver must be either drunk or talking to his girlfriend. Pity his pregnant wife with one 4 year old daughter. She still wonder what is this girl in her husband Ferrari.Really disgusting... it could literally happen to anybody man.. it is green light in favor of the taxi driver who drove along as per normal and then this irresponsible driver comes along in super high speed that is not even permitted on that road... nothing less than tragic...

kane
13-05-12, 23:05
Taxi driver has passed away as well apparently.

House
13-05-12, 23:30
so what is a safe car to drive? merc? bentley?

nothing is TOUGH upon 200km/h impact

evergreen
13-05-12, 23:36
It is greenlight. PRC driver must be either drunk or talking to his girlfriend. Pity his pregnant wife with one 4 year old daughter. She still wonder what is this girl in her husband Ferrari.
Maybe she is happy that he is dead.
If there is anyone to pity, it is the taxi driver's family.

kane
14-05-12, 00:09
My deepest condolences to the taxi driver's family. Working hard at the wee hours to feed the family but was unfortunately called home... Sigh...

august
14-05-12, 00:10

would a SUV be safer? the impact will probably cause a SUV to flip over a few times.

kane
14-05-12, 00:23
Nowadays when i drive, even when green light, i tend to look out for gila drivers who might try to beat the light.

Regulators
14-05-12, 03:25
This is evidence of the accident in the horrific video, the ferrari driver shot the red light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UpqWxy3oY

ysyap
14-05-12, 06:39
How is the motorcyclist now?

fclim
14-05-12, 08:23

True. NHTSA and IIHS side impact crash test parameters are at speeds of about 62km/h and 50km/h respectively only.

kane
14-05-12, 08:32
How is the motorcyclist now?

I hope he makes a full and complete recovery.

roly8
14-05-12, 09:29
Nowadays when i drive, even when green light, i tend to look out for gila drivers who might try to beat the light.

drive during the day lor..

night time, everyone is like F1 driver:scared-3:

House
14-05-12, 09:31

Yes, nowadays there is no such thing as having THE RIGHT OF THE WAY in sg. Too many sotong drivers since 2-3 yrs ago that prompt me to install video cam.:doh:

azeoprop
14-05-12, 09:38
Take MRT safer :rolleyes:

carbuncle
14-05-12, 12:02
would a SUV be safer? the impact will probably cause a SUV to flip over a few times.
Monster car would be good. It may bounce until Lavender mrt...

carbuncle
14-05-12, 12:03
Take MRT safer :rolleyes:
Are you sure? Dont say so early. With the recent spate of breakdowns...

ysyap
14-05-12, 12:07
Yes, nowadays there is no such thing as having THE RIGHT OF THE WAY in sg. Too many sotong drivers since 2-3 yrs ago that prompt me to install video cam.:doh:Video cam does not protect you. It is more for security and any potential disputes that arises, etc. That taxi will not be any safer with or without the cam. :scared-4:

rymccondo77
14-05-12, 12:27
I hope he makes a full and complete recovery.

Good news is that he is likely to make a full and complete recovery. He was fortunate to be the least injured of the 5 persons involved in the accident.

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 12:30
How about the ferarri's passenger? She will be the most important witness of this case.
Good news is that he is likely to make a full and complete recovery. He was fortunate to be the least injured of the 5 persons involved in the accident.

kane
14-05-12, 12:35

That's good to know! Wish him speedy recovery.

bargain hunter
14-05-12, 12:37
is there news on him? i only read that its spinal injuries (sounds serious).:mad:

would be great if he makes a full and complete recovery.

bargain hunter
14-05-12, 12:39
very important. need to answer to the pregnant wife too.

How about the ferarri's passenger? She will be the most important witness of this case.

ysyap
14-05-12, 12:41
How about the ferarri's passenger? She will be the most important witness of this case.She will piece in the missing puzzle... sigh! How much of that man does she know prior to this whole episode?

rymccondo77
14-05-12, 12:52
is there news on him? i only read that its spinal injuries (sounds serious).:mad:

would be great if he makes a full and complete recovery.

There is a report about the motorcyclist on page A6 of the Straits Times today.

Injured his spine but overall, his injuries are relatively minor.

bargain hunter
14-05-12, 13:21
that's great news! :)

There is a report about the motorcyclist on page A6 of the Straits Times today.

Injured his spine but overall, his injuries are relatively minor.

carbuncle
14-05-12, 13:54
。。。狼才女猫。。。

Sleepyhead
14-05-12, 14:49
Straits Times talk about how poor thing his family etc...

In my opinion, his family will probably be well taken care of. It's the taxi uncle's family that we should all be sparing a thought for.

focus
14-05-12, 16:03
Any sedan/sports car will definitely be crashed at this speed..
But i think from now on, i will only buy european cars.
Maybe a volvo SUV or MPV will be good..

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 16:16
Get a landrover.
Any sedan/sports car will definitely be crashed at this speed..
But i think from now on, i will only buy european cars.
Maybe a volvo SUV or MPV will be good..

flagship74
14-05-12, 16:19
Get a tank lah..:D

fclim
14-05-12, 16:51
How safe are our taxis?

Isn't the Hyundai Sonata CRDi supposed to come with side impact protection and side curtain air bags for passengers? Are our taxis equipped with these? Should they?

august
14-05-12, 18:32
Get a landrover.

think only a bus won't flip under such impact. Now i feel so unsafe driving late at night.
perhaps compulsory speed limiter for these super cars is a good idea.

rattydrama
14-05-12, 19:02
driver below 35 should be prohibited and they should get additional certification before allowing them to drive fast car. Sometimes they just undermine the power of such machine.

roly8
14-05-12, 19:30
How safe are our taxis?

Isn't the Hyundai Sonata CRDi supposed to come with side impact protection and side curtain air bags for passengers? Are our taxis equipped with these? Should they?

majority of the car only have front air bag..

kane
14-05-12, 21:25
Only those age 50 and above allowed to drive supercars? That might help to slow these cars down.

flagship74
14-05-12, 22:26
All riding bicycle better still:D

kane
14-05-12, 22:41
All riding bicycle better still:D

How long to travel from amber to marina bay??

House
14-05-12, 22:46

bicycles with BIG wheels or with SMALL wheels?:D

flagship74
14-05-12, 22:48
Long but safe..:D

ysyap
15-05-12, 06:42
All riding bicycle better still:DSingapore roads are not meant for bicycles so if need to ride bicycle, still be on the roads coz people will scold you if you are driving along the busy walking pavement. Therefore still dangerous! :scared-3:

ysyap
15-05-12, 07:51
An outpouring of kindness marked the wake of the taxi driver who was caught in horrific car accident in Bugis in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

Members of the public paid their respects and made donations to help the family of cabby Cheng Teck Hock, who died in Tan Tock Seng Hospital on Sunday evening after a Ferrari crashed into the Comfort taxi he was driving.

One of them, a 61-year-old man named Tan who works in the finance industry, said he read about the tragedy in the papers and decided to donate some money to help Cheng’s family.

“His children are still young and studying and the driver who was the family’s sole breadwinner does not have insurance. They would need some money in the future,” Tan said.

“If everyone gives a little to help the family, it can help them tide over the difficult time,” he added.

Accountant Christopher Yai, 57, also visited the wake on Monday and made a donation to the family on behalf of a friend.

“My temporary employer was helping Cheng with some work about taxes, and when he heard about accident, he felt compelled to make a donation towards the family,” Yai said.

Cheng’s employer, ComfortDelGro, has set up a collection fund to assist the family with funeral arrangements and expenses.

“Besides working with the insurer to expedite the payout to the family, we will also assist them in seeking legal assistance going forward,” said Tammy Tan, ComfortDelGro’s group corporate communications officer.

It is believed that Cheng had no individual life insurance policy but had insurance cover as an employee of the taxi operator.

The spokesperson added that several members of the public have already contacted the company to indicate their intention to make donations to the family.

The 52-year-old father leaves behind his wife and three children – daughter Stephanie Cheng, 21; sons Cheng Dao Han, 19, and Cheng Dao Long, 17 – who are still going to school.

Legal action mulled

Cheng’s eldest son told Yahoo! Singapore that the family of Ma Chi, driver of the Ferrari involved in the accident, has not contacted his family.

The young Cheng said his family is waiting for the police investigation into his father’s death to be over before they decide whether to take any legal action.

The accident claimed the life of Ma as well as the female Japanese passenger in Cheng's taxi. It also seriously injured a young woman who was with Ma in the Ferrari.

Meanwhile, for those who want to help the Chengs, cash donations can be dropped off at the cashier located next to the general service counter on level 1 of ComfortDelGro’s office located in Sin Ming during office hours (Mondays-Fridays, 8am - 5.30pm) by end of this month.

Members of the public can also make cheques payable to "LIM CHOO ENG" and mail them to:

THE CHENG FAMILY
c/o Comfort Transportation Pte Ltd
383 Sin Ming Drive
Singapore 575717
Attn: Customer Service Centre

Donors should indicate their names on the back of their cheques, said ComfortDelGro’s Tan.

carbuncle
15-05-12, 10:24

Amber to Marina Bay best is row a boat .... row row row a boat ... gently down the stream....

carbuncle
15-05-12, 10:26
Members of the public can also make cheques payable to "LIM CHOO ENG" and mail them to:

THE CHENG FAMILY
c/o Comfort Transportation Pte Ltd
383 Sin Ming Drive
Singapore 575717
Attn: Customer Service Centre

Donors should indicate their names on the back of their cheques, said ComfortDelGro’s Tan.

Bro, matters like these better to quote the actual source URL.

In case people think you put your own name and 383 Sin Ming Dr is actually your home address.... LOL

They would still have to find the source in their due diligence anyway (they better!)

ysyap
15-05-12, 11:29
The mysterious female passenger of the red Ferrari involved in the Rochor Road crash is rumoured to be a popular hostess of a famous nightclub in Singapore.

The woman, a Chinese national in her twenties, is now receiving treatment at Tan Tock Seng Hospital for a broken right leg, Shin Min Daily News reported.

In the early hours of Sunday morning, the Ferrari is believed to have beaten a red light and crashed into a taxi (http://news.insing.com/tabloid/1-horrific-crash-3-dead-and-many-questions/id-a6483f00).

Three people have died and two are injured.

Among the dead is the driver of the sports car, Ma Chi, a financial investor from Sichuan, China. Taxi driver Cheng Teck Hock and his female Japanese passenger Ito Shigemi also died in the accident.

According to Mr Ma’s pregnant wife and friends, they have no idea who the Ferrari passenger is.

Rumours has spread that the female friend is a hostess that Mr Ma picked up at a nightclub just before the accident, Shin Min reported.

Some have also claimed to have seen the Ferrari outside the club several times.

However, when approached by a reporter, the valet staff at the night club said they have never seen the vehicle.

Mr Ma also appeared to be fond of driving fast, according to reports online.

His wife, known to reporters as Ms He, explained that her husband would sometimes take his $1.8 million car for a spin in the wee hours of the morning when the roads are deserted.

In October last year, a netizen has claimed that Mr Ma’s Ferrari was travelling too fast to be captured on camera, the newspaper said.

Under a thread where car enthusiasts post pictures of rare cars in Singapore, the netizen posted the car model and plate number, before commenting that “it was too fast for me to take a picture”, it added.

Mr Ma’s body was cremated today.

According to Lianhe Wanbao newspaper, his mother, wife and four-year-old daughter were present for the last rites, but did not follow the cortege to Mandai crematorium.

Meanwhile, the wife of the taxi driver said he died in hospital after being in intensive care ward for more than a day.

Lim Choo Eng told reporters that doctors in Tan Tock Seng hospital had already pronounced her husband brain dead.

But Mr Cheng, the sole bread winner of his family, apparently hung on because he wanted to let his family know what really happened, according to the newspaper.

His family told the cabbie to “go in peace, since your children are already grown up”, but Mr Cheng, who was seen shedding tears, hung on.

On Sunday evening, after the family found out how the accident happened, they repeated their plea to Mr Cheng.

“We know it was not your fault. You did not drive recklessly,” they told him.

On hearing this, Mr Cheng opened his eyes and his heartbeat slowly stopped, the newspaper said.

carbuncle
15-05-12, 11:40
Wow... Mr Cheng must really felt so tortured.... glad he could leave in peace finally.

Sidetrack a little, sharing very personal stuff... for me, since my mother still simply refuse to acknowledge that I'm M2M, if either of us go first, it will be torturing for both parties. It is so painful to have to acknowledge the fact only on the deathbed... but alas she does not seem to realise how painful a death that can be even though she is supposed to be old and wise...

But I guess knowing her, she will never acknowledge me even in death. :'-(

So I suppose for either of us, we rather just die without last words or last look.

ysyap
15-05-12, 11:50
Wow... Mr Cheng must really felt so tortured.... glad he could leave in peace finally.

Sidetrack a little, sharing very personal stuff... for me, since my mother still simply refuse to acknowledge that I'm M2M, if either of us go first, it will be torturing for both parties. It is so painful to have to acknowledge the fact only on the deathbed... but alas she does not seem to realise how painful a death that can be even though she is supposed to be old and wise...

But I guess knowing her, she will never acknowledge me even in death. :'-(

So I suppose for either of us, we rather just die without last words or last look.Managing such strong emotions is always never easy...

carbuncle
15-05-12, 11:55
Managing such strong emotions is always never easy...

What will you do if you find your kid is M2M or F2F? And he/she already of matured adult age?

Laguna
15-05-12, 12:01
What will you do if you find your kid is M2M or F2F? And he/she already of matured adult age?

As parent, I would find it extremely difficult to accept this. Extreme, extreme difficult and I doubt I can accept it. And I hope dun need to face such situation in my life. I suppose it is tradition and culture.

I sold a property at Meyer area to a M2M, both of them get along very well and seeing them here and there, living in a world of their own. Yes, they are happy, very happy. It is their freedom and happiness count to themselves.

carbuncle
15-05-12, 12:14
As parent, I would find it extremely difficult to accept this. Extreme, extreme difficult and I doubt I can accept it. And I hope dun need to face such situation in my life. I suppose it is tradition and culture.

I sold a property at Meyer area to a M2M, both of them get along very well and seeing them here and there, living in a world of their own. Yes, they are happy, very happy. It is their freedom and happiness count to themselves.

Can totally understand that. If I am a straight parent, and if it's my only son, being Chinese I would definitely wish for blood line to carry on...

There's a lot of M2M in happy relationship, they are blessed. I however have no luck on this as well... such is life. I do at least have a handful of nice apartments... will count my blessings.

ysyap
15-05-12, 12:16
What will you do if you find your kid is M2M or F2F? And he/she already of matured adult age?I have never asked myself that question and I guess whatever I say now will be biased and until I'm in that situation, my answer will be subjected to change...

carbuncle
15-05-12, 12:21
I have never asked myself that question and I guess whatever I say now will be biased and until I'm in that situation, my answer will be subjected to change...

I guess there is always a 'deadline' when such questions emerge... like when kid ages past 35 and still no mate... pushing 40 yet still spends time alone etc... most parents will 'don't ask don't tell'... as they are not sure themselves how they can deal with the truth. If you had watched The Wedding Banquet and especially Brokeback Mountain you will know what I mean....

Sorry really OFF TOPIC!!! My apologies.............

buttercarp
15-05-12, 12:23

There is nothing that I can do except to advise them to be faithful (like in any man and woman relationship).
I will continue to love my child.

august
15-05-12, 12:24
these reckless PRCs still think they are driving in china and if they get in trouble will shout "my old man is 李刚"

M_Q
15-05-12, 12:24
Bro, matters like these better to quote the actual source URL.

In case people think you put your own name and 383 Sin Ming Dr is actually your home address.... LOL

They would still have to find the source in their due diligence anyway (they better!)

found the source here http://sg.news.yahoo.com/family-of-cabby-in-ferrari-crash-receives-help.html

roly8
15-05-12, 12:35
full video of the crash..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bvn7kYh4J6s

me see already...ball shrink, heart beating very fast.. :scared-1::scared-1:
speechless...:o

carbuncle
15-05-12, 12:40
There is nothing that I can do except to advise them to be faithful (like in any man and woman relationship).
I will continue to love my child.

Sis buttercarp, you are open minded and wide heart indeed. Guess that has in part to do with your level of education as well and how much of other cultures you come into contact with to broaden the mindset...

carbuncle
15-05-12, 12:44

I HAD GOOSE PIMPLES!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

OMGOMGOMG it was really VERYVYVERYVERYVERY FAST SPEEDING!?!!!!!!!!

And the camera footage car owner, missed just by a second or two being the one to kena!!!!!!!!!

(the other car on the right quickly put hazard light and stopped as well, probably to check on what happened)

testtest
15-05-12, 12:53

OMG :scared-4:

M_Q
15-05-12, 12:56
:scared-4: I can't imagine the shock, trauma and the pain of the taxi driver and the Jap passenger went through..RIP.

rattydrama
15-05-12, 12:59

handsome yr mail box is full!

carbuncle
15-05-12, 13:00
:scared-4: I can't imagine the shock, trauma and the pain of the taxi driver and the Jap passenger went through..RIP.

It happened split second, I doubt they knew what happened until they were lying on stretcher en route to hospital. For Mr Cheng, I doubt he even knew what happened at all... nor that it was a reckless Ferrari driver who crashed into him. :(

carbuncle
15-05-12, 13:01
handsome yr mail box is full!

I BHB a bit... you meant me? I just cleared it...

roly8
15-05-12, 13:03

the jap passenger die INSTANTLY... less pain

but the taxis driver uncle is dieing slowly with ultra pain.... chinese saying is: sheng bu lu si...:scared-3:

focus
15-05-12, 13:14
bicycles with BIG wheels or with SMALL wheels?:D

All your methods won't work lah. :p
By car, PRC drivers will drive thru you.
By bike, PRC drivers will drive thru you.
By bicycle, PRC drivers will drive thru you.
By boat, PRC yatch drivers will drive thru you.
If you walk?... PRC walkers will walk right into you.. lol

You see..it's not the mode of transportation that is the problem. It's the person behind the wheels.

P/S : Just kidding. I'm sure I'm generalizing about PRCs like how they like to generalize about us.

ysyap
15-05-12, 13:33
:scared-4: I can't imagine the shock, trauma and the pain of the taxi driver and the Jap passenger went through..RIP.The family members even more shocked and traumatized. Saw the Orbituaries for the Japanese passenger in the papers today...

ysyap
15-05-12, 13:39
All your methods won't work lah. :p
By car, PRC drivers will drive thru you.
By bike, PRC drivers will drive thru you.
By bicycle, PRC drivers will drive thru you.
By boat, PRC yatch drivers will drive thru you.
If you walk?... PRC walkers will walk right into you.. lol

You see..it's not the mode of transportation that is the problem. It's the person behind the wheels.

P/S : Just kidding. I'm sure I'm generalizing about PRCs like how they like to generalize about us.(from Yahoo.sg news)...Disgruntled locals seized on the incident as another reason to attack the government's immigration policies and the presence of more than a million foreign workers and professionals in the crowded city-state.

Foreigners are blamed for pushing up living costs, straining public transport and stealing jobs, with mainland Chinese bearing the brunt of attacks.

The Straits Times newspaper said the Ferrari was a limited-edition model that Ma had bought for Sg$1.8 million ($1.43 million) for his 30th birthday last year.

Pictures from a video of the accident published in local newspapers showed Ma's car apparently ramming the taxi after he allegedly ran a red light following a night out with friends.

Hundreds of indignant comments were posted online.

"I hate to drag nationality into this tragedy but the stupidity of a single (Chinese) possibly drunkard driver has caused such catastrophic damage to so many people," Tan Wee Meng posted on Facebook.

Singapore's population grew from 4.4 million in 2006 to 5.2 million in 2011, largely the result of a higher intake of immigrants as well as guest workers and professionals.

The accident came two months after a Malaysian cleaner at Singapore's Changi Airport was killed after he was hit by a taxi hijacked by a Chinese guest worker.

The government's more open immigration policy was a hot issue during the general elections in May 2011 in which the ruling People's Action Party garnered an all-time low of 60 percent of the vote.

fclim
15-05-12, 14:20

OMG. The impact of the crash was so hard that it probably dislodged the brains in the skulls of those who died, causing massive brain haemorrhage Sad.....:(

ysyap
15-05-12, 14:36
OMG. The impact of the crash was so hard that it probably dislodged the brains in the skulls of those who died, causing massive brain haemorrhage Sad.....:(Save the details please. Its tragic enough by just reading the news!!! Don't even want to look at the video footage! V sad indeed!

silver023
15-05-12, 15:23
Sincerely hope they rest in peace and that their families and friends find solace.

roly8
15-05-12, 15:27
Save the details please. Its tragic enough by just reading the news!!! Don't even want to look at the video footage! V sad indeed!

haha.... the video is really scary... not for faint hearted :scared-3:

fclim
15-05-12, 15:48
haha.... the video is really scary... not for faint hearted :scared-3:

Very clear pictures. I am quite heavy footed and used to speed a lot since I drive a turbocharged car. Ever since this accident and after watching the video, I have been driving like an Ah Pek, slowing down at junctions to look out for oncoming cars, even though the lights may be in my favour.

From what has been reported, with the rise in the number of such cars on our roads and many drivers taking them out for a spin at unearthly hours, it is no longer safe to venture out in the middle of the night....Be home by 11 pm, like my mother used to say...

Better not let this happen on our roads...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y83ySFF3A_Y

fclim
15-05-12, 16:03
That's how fast it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ld_K-7-4Y

buttercarp
15-05-12, 18:23
Very clear pictures. I am quite heavy footed and used to speed a lot since I drive a turbocharged car. Ever since this accident and after watching the video, I have been driving like an Ah Pek, slowing down at junctions to look out for oncoming cars, even though the lights may be in my favour.

Now if I am first vehicle stopping at the traffic light junction, when the light turn green, I look left then right then left again before moving off.
Also have to listen for any signs of roaring engine.
If have then better look again to locate the origin of the noise pollution.

kane
15-05-12, 19:15

From what has been reported, with the rise in the number of such cars on our roads and many drivers taking them out for a spin at unearthly hours, it is no longer safe to venture out in the middle of the night....Be home by 11 pm, like my mother used to say...

Better not let this happen on our roads...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y83ySFF3A_Y

Time to trade in your turbocharged car for a luxury sedan. Since you probably won't need the turbo feature anymore.

buttercarp
15-05-12, 19:25
That's how fast it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ld_K-7-4Y

To me these luxury cars are meant to be admired from afar as I would be too scared stiff to ride in one.
If one like speed, go to the amusement park and ride the roller coaster.
Do not speed on Singapore road.

Komo
15-05-12, 21:08
Now if I am first vehicle stopping at the traffic light junction, when the light turn green, I look left then right then left again before moving off.
damned those people who horn at you instantaneously when the light turns green!! :simmering:

kane
15-05-12, 21:23

The way this junction was set up plus the divider and the width of the road, the taxi driver would never have been able to spot the ferrari.

Bless the 2 souks in that taxi... Sigh.

hyenergix
15-05-12, 22:21
If the Chinese family are PRs, I think can disappear from Singapore back to China to avoid the legal actions. Anyway the husband is already dead, so there is not much point for the family to stay here.

evergreen
15-05-12, 23:21
To me these luxury cars are meant to be admired from afar as I would be too scared stiff to ride in one.
If one like speed, go to the amusement park and ride the roller coaster.
Do not speed on Singapore road.

If driven by professional driver on proper race track, you dare? :D

The seat on roller coaster can fly off leh.

House
15-05-12, 23:48
damned those people who horn at you instantaneously when the light turns green!! :simmering:

this is actually defensive driving - NEVER to be the first to move off at the traffic junction. This ferrari-taxi accident is not the first, such accidents happened before.

carbuncle
15-05-12, 23:53
this is actually defensive driving - NEVER to be the first to move off at the traffic junction. This ferrari-taxi accident is not the first, such accidents happened before.
Every second counts for taxi... To maximise profit and save time. Most of the cabs I take are aggressive drivers and rarely defensive... Ever took some that drive like in Grand Prix, weave in and out of lanes without signalling. At time like 4am even defensive can turn aggressive...

hyenergix
16-05-12, 04:59

Taxi drivers are mostly F1 wannabes. Next r those Malaysia registered motorbikes. V dangerous groups to meet on e road.

Cyclists r getting less these days. I guess e fad is coming off.

House
16-05-12, 09:43
Ya. The types of cars I usually watch out for;

1) Hyundai sonata taxis - cos they are freaking fast.
2) red car plate - the most dangerous on the road, due to inexperience they always suka suka turn/change lane/brake like no biz.:doh:

Laguna
16-05-12, 09:54
When I took my turbo charged to Malaysia, at 160 kmph, Proton overtook me.

roly8
16-05-12, 10:15

malaysian cars's engine are impressive! seldom hear those kind of engine sound in singapore before..

must have modded their car until very power :D:D

ysyap
16-05-12, 11:09
Read that the Jap taxi passenger was just robbed prior to her death...

carbuncle
16-05-12, 11:13
Read that the Jap taxi passenger was just robbed prior to her death...
Ya all 300 plus bucks no less... Curse that f*****

fclim
16-05-12, 11:26
From the time the ferrari crossed the traffic junction white line to taxi impact, the time taken was about 0.1s. That distance is about 7 metres. Thus, the ferrari was going at 252km/h!:scared-1:

maisonjai
16-05-12, 11:29
Likely it's a Wiralution that Potong jalan u. :D

Laguna
16-05-12, 11:31
From the time the ferrari crossed the traffic junction white line to taxi impact, the time taken was about 0.1s. That distance is about 7 metres. Thus, the ferrari was going at 252km/h!:scared-1:

ya, if the PRC man saw the orange light at 300m away, at a speed of 200kmph, there is no way he can stop the car in time, so the only way he had was to beat the traffic light by accelerating to 250kmph.

roly8
16-05-12, 11:33

confirm 250km/h ??:scared-3::scared-3::scared-3:

maisonjai
16-05-12, 11:42
u guys really power. The driver accelerated his life expectancy from 73yrs to 31yrs & that was really fast.

fclim
16-05-12, 11:42
confirm 250km/h ??:scared-3::scared-3::scared-3:

Based on the video. I had to start/stop my stopwatch almost instantaneously. It registered 0.1s. Could be less cos my stopwatch can only measure up to 1/10 of a second only. The distance is an estimate.

roly8
16-05-12, 11:54
u guys really power. The driver accelerated his life expectancy from 73yrs to 31yrs & that was really fast.
he bring two strangers with him along..
how selfish is he? :mad:

buttercarp
16-05-12, 13:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bvn7kYh4J6s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bvn7kYh4J6s)

me
see already...ball shrink, heart beating very fast.. :scared-1::scared-1:

Actually if you watch the clip, there was a pedestrian who crossed the junction before the lights changed in his favour. Goodness knows what would have happened if he waited for the lights to change.
It also shows that the ferrari was travelling so fast that no one at the scene heard his engine.
Also there was a scrambler on the left.
His injured friend said usually this scrambler moterbiker will speed off once the lights change but that nite, he was admiring his motorbike so he did not do the usual and that saved his life and his other motorbike friends' life as they delayed moving off too.

roly8
16-05-12, 14:00
Actually if you watch the clip, there was a pedestrian who crossed the junction before the lights changed in his favour. Goodness knows what would have happened if he waited for the lights to change.
It also shows that the ferrari was travelling so fast that no one at the scene heard his engine.
His injured friend said usually this scrambler moterbiker will speed off once the lights change but that nite, he was admiring his motorbike so he did not do the usual and that saved his life and his other motorbike friends' life as they delayed moving off too.

yea... first few minutes are focusing on the pedestrian...
darn worry for him..:scared-3:

ay123
16-05-12, 15:59
Ya. The types of cars I usually watch out for;

1) Hyundai sonata taxis - cos they are freaking fast.
2) red car plate - the most dangerous on the road, due to inexperience they always suka suka turn/change lane/brake like no biz.:doh:

NEXT ONE IS THE BUS DRIVER!!!! ALMOST ALL BUS DRIVER ALWAYS GIVE SIGNAL AND CHANGE LANE AT THE SAME TIME!! AS IF EVERYONE MUST LET THEM GO FIRST. WANTED TO WRITE IN TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THESE DRIVERS :hell-hath-no-fury:

House
17-05-12, 13:01
NEXT ONE IS THE BUS DRIVER!!!! ALMOST ALL BUS DRIVER ALWAYS GIVE SIGNAL AND CHANGE LANE AT THE SAME TIME!! AS IF EVERYONE MUST LET THEM GO FIRST. WANTED TO WRITE IN TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THESE DRIVERS :hell-hath-no-fury:

Ya, especially now with so much prc drivers. They look left ONLY when turning left, also look LEFT only when turning right. :doh:

Laguna
17-05-12, 13:54
I take bus. I noticed there are some PRC drivers are so polite and greet everyone with smile. They are Aldo very patient as well.
不可以一竹竿打一船人

carbuncle
17-05-12, 14:02
I take bus. I noticed there are some PRC drivers are so polite and greet everyone with smile. They are Aldo very patient as well.
不可以一竹竿打一船人
只是在为同乡赎罪而已...多积点德.

irisng
17-05-12, 21:03
Happen to find this video while google for something else.

This is how the "China people" drive in their countries.

Maybe should get them to re-take the driving test in Singapore if they want to drive in our country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPxinqO3f8o

This is even worst, really unbelievable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAZCmaDm-2o&feature=player_embedded

ysyap
17-05-12, 21:10
His injured friend said usually this scrambler moterbiker will speed off once the lights change but that nite, he was admiring his motorbike so he did not do the usual and that saved his life and his other motorbike friends' life as they delayed moving off too.I also noted that the video showed the crashed taxi actually picked up real quick. The driver was all ready to speed off once the traffic light turned green in his favour. Sonata can really pick up fast. If the taxi driver picked up at normal pace, maybe he can avoid that disaster but some others down the road will be the victim then. Or his taxi front bumper will be smashed and the impact will not hit the taxi driver and passenger... wow!

maisonjai
17-05-12, 22:26
ysyap u are right, 3 cars on the line & the crashed cab was ahead of the other 2. Noticed the car on the right lane was luckier, both cars must have flew in front of his windscreen. It stopped only after crossing the junction, must be shock. :scared-5:

ysyap
18-05-12, 06:41
The padestrian crossing the road, the car which filmed the entire process, the car on the right which stopped way after crossing the junction and the motorcylist who was still in hospital are all counting their blessings...

hyenergix
18-05-12, 06:46
Ferrari driver must be really drunk. I suppose the driver's body has been cremated and probably the family members had already left Singapore.

House
18-05-12, 11:39
Ferrari driver must be really drunk. I suppose the driver's body has been cremated and probably the family members had already left Singapore.

Shit times said the Police statement say no alcohol.

But......i have never trust the shit times since I know abc.:D

maisonjai
18-05-12, 11:41
ComfortDelGro did not respond to Today's queries by press time but according to ComfortDelGro taxi drivers Today spoke to the transport operator's Hyundai Sonata taxis are not equipped with airbags.

A check with other taxi operators here showed that airbags are not an essential feature of most taxis here despite the fact that taxi drivers spend most part of a day in their vehicles.

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120518-0000082/No-airbags-in-most-taxis?

M_Q
18-05-12, 12:23
ComfortDelGro did not respond to Today's queries by press time but according to ComfortDelGro taxi drivers Today spoke to the transport operator's Hyundai Sonata taxis are not equipped with airbags.

A check with other taxi operators here showed that airbags are not an essential feature of most taxis here despite the fact that taxi drivers spend most part of a day in their vehicles.

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120518-0000082/No-airbags-in-most-taxis?

gee.. our taxis are not safe!!

fclim
18-05-12, 13:27
The padestrian crossing the road, the car which filmed the entire process, the car on the right which stopped way after crossing the junction and the motorcylist who was still in hospital are all counting their blessings...

In fact, the pedestrian was jaywalking! He crossed the road when the light was red. Had he crossed when the green man came on, he would have been hit!

richwang
18-05-12, 22:16
http://news.xinhuanet.com/ziliao/2002-02/28/content_295368.htm

国务委员兼国务院秘书长,国家行政学院院长,国务院西部地区开发领导小组办公室主任。

State Councilor and State Council Secretary-General, the President of the National School of Administration, Western Region Development of the State Council Leading Group Office.

Roughly ranked within the top 100 in the Chinese power structure.

Thanks,
Richard

House
18-05-12, 23:39
http://news.xinhuanet.com/ziliao/2002-02/28/content_295368.htm

国务委员兼国务院秘书长,国家行政学院院长,国务院西部地区开发领导小组办公室主任。

State Councilor and State Council Secretary-General, the President of the National School of Administration, Western Region Development of the State Council Leading Group Office.

Roughly ranked within the top 100 in the Chinese power structure.

Thanks,
Richard

old chinese saying - dirty money = no good ending

azeoprop
19-05-12, 00:58
In fact, the pedestrian was jaywalking! He crossed the road when the light was red. Had he crossed when the green man came on, he would have been hit!

Sometimes follow things by the book will lead to your own demise...:scared-3:

richwang
19-05-12, 04:20
Now we know where the (dirty) money is from. Can we have some good lawyer to come up with a Class Action?
Singapore road used to be relatively safe, now our sis needs to look left, look right, and look left before she can drive off when it is GREEN light.
Aren't we all victims because of this Foreign Trash (now literally trash).

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Now I understand why in China the angry citizens can go into the extreme of burning luxury car - I am not suggesting we need to do the same here, we have much better legal systems here.

roly8
19-05-12, 09:36

I see someone posted on internet that so fast cremated... to destroy evidence of alcohol ..:rolleyes:

hopeful
19-05-12, 09:53
that's not the only suspicious cremation.
david widjaja, indonesian undergrad who stab his professor was cremated very fast also.

anyway, any payouts from the ferrari's insurance policy?

carbuncle
19-05-12, 12:07
马驰 is the name of dead Ferrari driver. 快马奔驰 ma. So must drive fast. There is a repeat 马 in the second word so its redundant. He should have been named 马也.

roly8
19-05-12, 12:17
马驰 is the name of dead Ferrari driver. 快马奔驰 ma. So must drive fast. There is a repeat 马 in the second word so its redundant. He should have been named 马也.

nice 'chen yu' :D:D

azeoprop
19-05-12, 13:58

No wonder drive Ferrari...the 马 logo car...:scared-3:

Triple curse of 马. :scared-1:

House
19-05-12, 21:55

not forgetting the paper horses that usually seen on funerals.

House
19-05-12, 21:55

not forgetting the paper horses that usually seen on funerals.

buttercarp
19-05-12, 22:23
Now we know where the (dirty) money is from. Can we have some good lawyer to come up with a Class Action?
Singapore road used to be relatively safe, now our sis needs to look left, look right, and look left before she can drive off when it is GREEN light.
Aren't we all victims because of this Foreign Trash (now literally trash).

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Now I understand why in China the angry citizens can go into the extreme of burning luxury car - I am not suggesting we need to do the same here, we have much better legal systems here.
I don't know if I m imaging things but I feel that most drivers now tend not to speed off at traffic light junction. It is like everyone is waiting for someone to go first.

azeoprop
19-05-12, 22:37
I don't know if I m imaging things but I feel that most drivers now tend not to speed off at traffic light junction. It is like everyone is waiting for someone to go first.

Kia su become Kia si :rolleyes:

maisonjai
20-05-12, 00:28
Drivers practising Road Courtesy or they waiting for others to 去先. :p

ysyap
20-05-12, 07:32
I don't know if I m imaging things but I feel that most drivers now tend not to speed off at traffic light junction. It is like everyone is waiting for someone to go first.I no needt o imagine things. I know I'm more hesitant when I'm driving off from traffic light and more so when I'm turning right. I will move off slowly to ensure there's no on coming ferrari or the likes... :scared-4:

roly8
20-05-12, 10:29
hahaha...

all humji liao..

:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

carbuncle
20-05-12, 11:46
You all dont like that la. Human nature react that way after the horrible accident. For me i dont drive, so when crossing the road i make sure i cross when red man is on just like the jaywalker who narrowly escaped...

buttercarp
20-05-12, 12:02
You all dont like that la. Human nature react that way after the horrible accident. For me i dont drive, so when crossing the road i make sure i cross when red man is on just like the jaywalker who narrowly escaped...

LOL.......
Usually if do illegal thing then will be more guarded.

irisng
20-05-12, 21:01

Actually, it is also not very safe to use zebra crossing. Once I was at the zebra crossing preparing to cross the road, just about to step out on the road, a lorry suddenly drove pass me at a high speed and it was a turning corner. I quickly stepped back, if not I won't be in this forum already.:scared-4: After this experience, I always make sure that the road is cleared before I proceed to use the zebra crossing.

hyenergix
20-05-12, 21:12
I no needt o imagine things. I know I'm more hesitant when I'm driving off from traffic light and more so when I'm turning right. I will move off slowly to ensure there's no on coming ferrari or the likes... :scared-4:

When it is time to go, it is time to go. I still rem one driver got killed along Yio Chu Kang road when a tree fell on his car last year.

carbuncle
20-05-12, 21:23
Actually, it is also not very safe to use zebra crossing. Once I was at the zebra crossing preparing to cross the road, just about to step out on the road, a lorry suddenly drove pass me at a high speed and it was a turning corner. I quickly stepped back, if not I won't be in this forum already.:scared-4: After this experience, I always make sure that the road is cleared before I proceed to use the zebra crossing.

Even at zebra x, always make sure approaching vehicles stop before crossing.

ysyap
20-05-12, 21:28
When it is time to go, it is time to go. I still rem one driver got killed along Yio Chu Kang road when a tree fell on his car last year.Yes yes... when its time to report, its time to report but you don't have to aid in that process by being careless... Lol... furthermore, I'm more concerned for the passengers in the car on my left, both front and back seats! :)

House
20-05-12, 21:29

seems it doesnt has any effect on pedestrians...

I still see many walk blindly on green man.

azeoprop
20-05-12, 21:34
All taxis should have front and side airbags... I think it could have made a difference. :beats-me-man:

fclim
26-05-12, 22:27
Can't believe this. Same type of accident, same place, same day, almost same time. Very uncanny...:scared-1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8F0wPmbUW8&sns=em

maisonjai
26-05-12, 22:32
'Ferrari crash site' sees another accident
Posted: 26 May 2012 1427 hrs

SINGAPORE: A traffic accident involving two cars and a taxi occurred at the junction of Rochor Road and Victoria Street early Saturday morning.

That is the exact location where a Ferrari sports car crashed into a taxi and a motorcycle two weeks ago, killing three persons and injuring two others.

This time, the taxi driver was fortunate as the Lexus collided into the back of his vehicle.

Police said they were alerted to the Saturday incident at 3.15 am.

A video recording showed a Lexus beating the red light at the junction and crashing into the rear of the taxi and another car at 3.15am.

The taxi passenger was sent to the Singapore General Hospital and treated as an outpatient.

The Singaporean driver of the Lexus has been arrested for suspected drink-driving and dangerous driving.

The 30-year-old man was found to have 42 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath.

This exceeds the prescribed legal limit of 35 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath taken.

Police investigations are still ongoing.

If convicted of drink-driving, he will be disqualified from driving for at least a year.

First-time offenders can be fined between $1,000 and $5,000, or jailed up to six months. Repeat offenders face a fine of up to $30,000 and a maximum three years in jail.

They may also be given six strokes of the cane if the accident results in death or serious injury.

- CNA/wk/ac/de
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1203715/1/.html (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1203715/1/.html)

mmmm.........junction now "dirty" liao, luckily driver not ah tiong.

kane
26-05-12, 23:16
must be extra "vigilant and careful" when driving past that junction.

lifeline
26-05-12, 23:22
was discussing with friends...
someone wondered whether during road widening works, was any overhead traffic lights removed and not subsequently reinstated? seems like most traffic junctions have those overhead traffic lights. can this be another factor, if true?

dtrax
26-05-12, 23:28
that place is juz pure bad fengshui, beside is the land which no local developers dare to invest and throw to malaysia for the land exchange

buttercarp
26-05-12, 23:33
There should be speed bumps at this junction.
So scary!
This time the faster car was unscathed.
Imagine if the car had been side by side with taxi......:scared-3:

M_Q
26-05-12, 23:35
think i will not drive along that road once evening comes!

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
27-05-12, 03:52
Can't believe this. Same type of accident, same place, same day, almost same time. Very uncanny...:scared-1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8F0wPmbUW8&sns=em
Proven drunk driver this time. Go figure for the previous Ferrari case...
Is there a prominent watering hole or ktv further up the road??

ysyap
27-05-12, 07:21
Do a road diversion and close this junction altogether lah... so prone to accidents. :doh:

azeoprop
27-05-12, 08:27
Do many giant humps at that junction, cars no choice but to slow down. :rolleyes:

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
27-05-12, 08:35
Roster sexy babes a la F1 Grid Girls style 24/7... Then traffic sure slow down to a crawl and ultra safe.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
28-05-12, 13:25
Life passes by in a hurry
No time to savor the curry
Just beware of that Ferrari
Don't be turned into potpurri

House
28-05-12, 13:35
taxi company can afford to engage lawyer to sue for damages.
If private car.....owner suay liao cos can only claim himself.

lifeline
29-05-12, 04:23
was discussing with friends...
someone wondered whether during road widening works, was any overhead traffic lights removed and not subsequently reinstated? seems like most traffic junctions have those overhead traffic lights. can this be another factor, if true?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1204106/1/.html

LTA to change traffic light timings at Ferrari crash junction
By Evelyn Lam/Tan Qiuyi | Posted: 28 May 2012 2138 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said it would synchronise the timings of the traffic lights at an area where two accidents happened within a span of just two weeks.

The traffic signals at the junction of Rochor Road and Victoria Street and the pedestrian crossing linking Bugis Junction and Bugis Village will now turn green at about the same time.

LTA said it was implementing the change, based on suggestions from the public, describing it as an "added precautionary measure".

The junction of Rochor Road and Victoria Street was the scene of two accidents that saw three dead and three injured.

The first accident on May 12 involved a speeding Ferrari, while the second one on May 26 involved a Lexus. Both cars crashed into taxis.

Both accidents happened in the wee hours on a Saturday and involved cars travelling in the same direction.

Some suggested that the straight road and the close proximity between the sets of traffic lights at two different stretches - they are about 100m apart - encouraged reckless drivers to speed in the wee hours, to try and pass the consecutive sets of lights before they turn red.

Those Channel NewsAsia spoke with, however, said it may be a problem with the positioning of the traffic lights at the intersection, which may be confusing to drivers.

Along Victoria Street, the junctions just before and after the intersection with Rochor Road have overhead traffic lights. Only the intersection where the accidents took place does not overhead traffic lights.

"Many drivers think the traffic light is still far away, and don't realise there's actually an intersection there," said taxi driver Albert Ho.

Dr Lee Der-Horng, associate professor of civil engineering at the National University of Singapore, said the timing of the traffic signals might have been a factor in the accidents.

"One possibility is that at the pedestrian crossing, maybe, the driver tried to beat the yellow signal. So after he travelled the 50, 60 metres, when he reached the major intersection, the traffic signal already turned to red," he said. "So it becomes a case where he beat the red light; therefore, the accident happened."

Dr Lee said that besides the traffic signal timings, overhead traffic lights would give drivers a better view of the signal.

"This intersection is actually satisfactory, from the safety's point of view, from the sight distance," he said.

"The only thing that could possibly improve the safety for this particular intersection is, we can probably add one more cantilever type of traffic signal, or the overhead type of traffic signal at the major intersection."

However, the Land Transport Authority said its planning engineers found no issues with the existing traffic scheme at the location.

"Our traffic planning engineers have driven through the junction of Victoria Street and Rochor Road during the day and in the middle of the night, to film the line of sight from a driver's perspective," LTA said.

"The traffic planning engineers have conducted a careful evaluation of the traffic signal configuration, and assessed that there are no issues with the existing traffic scheme at that location."

LTA said the traffic lights at the junction are distinct and can be clearly seen by the driver, whichever lane they are driving on.

The Singapore Road Safety Council has said it will consider the need to tighten specific road safety measures, after police investigations into the two accidents are completed.

- CNA/wm

Komo
29-05-12, 06:54
Do many giant humps at that junction, cars no choice but to slow down. :rolleyes:
those at immigration checkpoint one good:D

M_Q
29-05-12, 10:52
those at immigration checkpoint one good:D

after that, that area will be traffic jam.. :p

august
29-05-12, 11:00
a few bad eggs does not mean the traffic system is a problem leh...

Rysk
29-05-12, 11:37
a few bad eggs does not mean the traffic system is a problem leh...

Totally agreed!!
This is totally the faulty of the driver of the Ferrari & the Lexus.. nothing wrong with the traffic light system

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
29-05-12, 11:53
Totally agreed!!
This is totally the faulty of the driver of the Ferrari & the Lexus.. nothing wrong with the traffic light system

系统是死的。人是活的。
Systems are dead. Humans are live (alive for limited time).

irisng
29-05-12, 22:00
Actually, there is 1 more site at the Rochor Road which I find it to be dangerous too. The site that is having construction now (just opposite Rochor Centre), no idea what are they going to build. It has blocked the view of the oncoming cars from Queens Street and pedestrians. If either one of them does not obey the traffic rule/light, accident may occur. :doh:

hyenergix
29-05-12, 22:10
Actually, there is 1 more site at the Rochor Road which I find it to be dangerous too. The site that is having construction now (just opposite Rochor Centre), no idea what are they going to build. It has blocked the view of the oncoming cars from Queens Street and pedestrians. If either one of them does not obey the traffic rule/light, accident may occur. :doh:

Stupid LTA engineers made many mistakes in road constructions and planning: E.g. The PIE towards Bukit Timah plaza where many accidents occur at a curved downward slope. Common sense engineering dictates the surface should angle inwards to increase tyres' grip. Following closely is the curved upward slope away from the Bukit Timah plaza and you can see the same mistake.

Laguna
09-06-12, 09:36
just met up with a China businessman.
He shared that this driver has superb sense in the share market and a lot of other things.
And he took up an insurance of >$10m in beneficial to his wife, and seems that he had six sense on this.

Also, his names implied that with a horse running, will end up in an accident with the car....

:scared-5:

hyenergix
09-06-12, 10:01
just met up with a China businessman.
He shared that this driver has superb sense in the share market and a lot of other things.
And he took up an insurance of >$10m in beneficial to his wife, and seems that he had six sense on this.

Also, his names implied that with a horse running, will end up in an accident with the car....

:scared-5:

I'm of the view that these guys are connected to the inner circle of CCP and know what steps the government will take, hence leveraging on the information.

DC33_2008
09-06-12, 10:22
Just check with a few people in the same line as him. This person is not with any investment house so you know where the $ is coming from. What is his main business focus.
I'm of the view that these guys are connected to the inner circle of CCP and know what steps the government will take, hence leveraging on the information.

hyenergix
09-06-12, 10:26
Just check with a few people in the same line as him. This person is not with any investment house so you know where the $ is coming from. What is his main business focus.

Wasn't he in laundry industry? :confused:

Can drive Ferrari not bad, I also want.

DC33_2008
09-06-12, 10:28
This is a large laundry setup that washes really dirty linen.
Wasn't he in laundry industry? :confused:

Can drive Ferrari not bad, I also want.

roly8
09-06-12, 10:34
This is a large laundry setup that washes really dirty linen.

"laundry" business!! nice term!!! :D:D:D:D

House
09-06-12, 13:58
"laundry" business!! nice term!!! :D:D:D:D

ya man.....laundry biz.:D