PDA

View Full Version : CONDOsingapore MOST ELIGIBLE BACHELOR/ETTE OF 2012

carbuncle
12-05-12, 13:22
Inspired by the Facebook FT young upstart, as well as a certain local mag... Now we have our own. Criteria: Age below 35 for men and below 30 for women. Owns at least two properties. Size or type does not matter. And single of course. Pls add your nick below if you qualify. Thanks!

1. price

Laguna
12-05-12, 14:35
LOL
to add

Bullman
Eastboy

price
12-05-12, 14:43
Inspired by the Facebook FT young upstart, as well as a certain local mag... Now we have our own. Criteria: Age below 35 for men and below 30 for women. Owns at least two properties. Size or type does not matter. And single of course. Pls add your nick below if you qualify. Thanks!

1. price
:ashamed1: :eek:

price
12-05-12, 14:45
LOL
to add

Bullman
Eastboy
devilplate? he owns 50 properties?

bargain hunter
12-05-12, 15:54
mcmlxxvi
azeoprop (bro, u taken liao boh?)

the rest of u guys, i dunno if u r married or not. :ashamed1:

hyenergix
12-05-12, 16:05

1. price

Very dangerous to be added into *your* list.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:09
I think he over 35yo ba not eligible sorry dp shelf life expired liao.... Like myself wakakakaka

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:10
mcmlxxvi

Isnt mcmlxxvi born 1976.... Then he also just missed the cut off age

hyenergix
12-05-12, 16:11
Better to add qualifier that properties must be bought with own money hor... Parents' money or with shareholdings should not be counted.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:12
Very dangerous to be added into *your* list.
Does that response count as you are eligible? I add you ok...

hyenergix
12-05-12, 16:13
Does that response count as you are eligible? I add you ok...

Not counted. I'm a 30 year + 1 day old girl.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:14
Better to add qualifier that properties must be bought with own money hor... Parents' money or with shareholdings should not be counted.
Correcto....!!!!! But eh... If say parent gave big ang bao of 100k on my last yr birthday, subsequently I invest and turn it into 200k, and bought a property with it. Count bo?

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:15
Not counted. I'm a 30 year + 1 day old girl.
I didnt know..... Sorry sis!!!!!!!!!! But hey. The contest is open to both guy and gal leh.... Bachelorette!!!!! Unless you married or dont own property... You are eligible!!!!!

hyenergix
12-05-12, 16:18
Correcto....!!!!! But eh... If say parent gave big ang bao of 100k on my last yr birthday, subsequently I invest and turn it into 200k, and bought a property with it. Count bo?

Not too sure. Many people can huat if given the monetary gift for down payment. I think even the Facebook guys got seed funding from their parents to sustain the initial years of cashburn. In another words, you should treat your list as a fun list. I'm not sure about perhaps another purpose though.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:21
mcmlxxvi

Anyone knows those regular like Regulator, solsys, phantomopera, bargainhunter wannabe, teddybear, basic, etc whether 35 and below not

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:24
1. price
2. Bullman
3. Eastboy
4. azeoprop
5. hyenergix

hyenergix
12-05-12, 16:30
1. price
2. Bullman
3. Eastboy
4. azeoprop

:doh: .

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:33
:doh: .
Ok... Sorry..:'(

PN
12-05-12, 16:36
Wow. Carbuncle 做媒人啊。
After pair up can be very power. Can become property tycoon liao. :)

Who pair with who?

carbuncle
12-05-12, 17:14
Wow. Carbuncle 做媒人啊。
After pair up can be very power. Can become property tycoon liao. :)

Who pair with who?
Wait la... First day of polling only. Maybe results finalised on Polling Day wakakakaka

carbuncle
12-05-12, 17:17
BTW I 做媒人 because 做没人啊 (nobody wanna do with me) ok !!!!!

Laguna
12-05-12, 17:45
my girl is being rejected by Price
so can I add her here?

evergreen
12-05-12, 17:45
All guys... Matching gays? :D

carbuncle
12-05-12, 18:04
All guys... Matching gays? :D

no lor... i added one sis but she self delete.. Arent there any Eligible sis out there???

carbuncle
12-05-12, 18:05
so can I add her here?

sure welcom welcom... but does she own at least 2 properties WITHOUT YOUR HELP already?

carbuncle
12-05-12, 18:08
i need 10 guys 10 gals... quick....!!!

if not by hougang polling day not enuf will have to make do 5 each...

i no confidence to even find 5 gals!!!! LADIES!!!! PLS STAND UP PLS STAND UP

Laguna
12-05-12, 18:13
sure welcom welcom... but does she own at least 2 properties WITHOUT YOUR HELP already?

ya, of course
she will be in Sg late May for a month

Laguna
12-05-12, 18:14

need pictures, IC, bank statement and title deeds to prove

carbuncle
12-05-12, 18:18
ya, of course
she will be in Sg late May for a month

ok. can park her under ur nick then? laguna girl

carbuncle
12-05-12, 18:19

yes the 'prom' king and queen will need to show me the neutral party as proof...

evergreen
12-05-12, 19:01
Criteria: Age below 35 for men and below 30 for women. Owns at least two properties. Size or type does not matter. And single of course.
Cos in our culture, a woman having private property limits her options to only men who can afford private property (unless she will willing to directly or indirectly support him). If she is not in the "elite" circle and already knows many eligible guys, it's unlikely for her to sign on this dotted line.

Also, your criteria requires the woman to accumulate wealth twice as fast as men. Ignoring marital status, the top 5% of men in Singapore fulfil the criteria while women need to be in the top 2%. ;)

so can I add her here?
Why rejected?

no lor... i added one sis but she self delete.. Arent there any Eligible sis out there???
You sure she is eligible? :D

chiaberry
12-05-12, 19:05

Woah asking for dowry?

radha08
12-05-12, 20:02

and 50 NiCKS...wakakaka:D:D:D:D

PN
12-05-12, 20:28

5 couples that could potentially become formidable property tycoon.

If that happens, carbuncle will the most famous and successful 媒公 :D

House
12-05-12, 20:34

No FREE hearing aid and porridge nobody wants to stand up lah:D

sh
12-05-12, 20:55
When did condo forum become dating forum. Become SDU too. Garment will support:D

But your criteria for bachelorettes quite difficult. Single, with 2 properties by 30? And without parent's money. Must have super earning power! Will scare the bachelors off!:scared-3:

carbuncle
12-05-12, 21:01
Cos in our culture, a woman having private property limits her options to only men who can afford private property (unless she will willing to directly or indirectly support him). If she is not in the "elite" circle and already knows many eligible guys, it's unlikely for her to sign on this dotted line.

Also, your criteria requires the woman to accumulate wealth twice as fast as men. Ignoring marital status, the top 5% of men in Singapore fulfil the criteria while women need to be in the top 2%. ;)

Why rejected?

Women generally mature faster than men. Plus they have had 2.5yrs of headstart or more due to NS. So its entirely fair. I am not sexist ok.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 21:04
When did condo forum become dating forum. Become SDU too. Garment will support:D

But your criteria for bachelorettes quite difficult. Single, with 2 properties by 30? And without parent's money. Must have super earning power! Will scare the bachelors off!:scared-3:
You do gave a point... But many property agents already fulfil the criteria.... So people like banker, financial advisor or those with own business etc sure no problem... Plus must think of some of the guys here on the list 25yo only. Surely they wont wanna be matched to a 35yo woman...

carbuncle
12-05-12, 21:06
5 couples that could potentially become formidable property tycoon.

If that happens, carbuncle will the most famous and successful 媒公 :D
Tanks everybirdy tanks... In advance...

carbuncle
12-05-12, 21:07
No FREE hearing aid and porridge nobody wants to stand up lah:D
Whats this... Catch no ball. Is it re-election gimmick?

bargain hunter
12-05-12, 22:04
aiyoh, men where got expire one? over 35 even more valuable?! :ashamed1:

I think he over 35yo ba not eligible sorry dp shelf life expired liao.... Like myself wakakakaka

carbuncle
12-05-12, 22:36
Looks like need to revise criteria!

carbuncle
12-05-12, 22:41
Age below 55
for men and below 35 for
women. Owns at least two
properties by own means and not by inheritance, gift etc. Size or type does not
matter. And single of course.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 22:56
1. price
2. bullman
3. Eastboy
4. azeoprop
5. devilplate
6. Laguna's gal

Any more? Ladies?

price
12-05-12, 23:20
1. price
2. bullman
3. Eastboy
4. azeoprop
5. devilplate
6. Laguna's gal

Any more? Ladies?
oh my bro, just came back and this thread already 5 pages! i dont have title deeds leh all on loan. not counted. so please remove my name :D:cheers5:

evergreen
12-05-12, 23:21
5 men to 1 woman :p. And the woman isn't even in this forum

price
12-05-12, 23:21

Why rejected?

I didnt reject her lar, was just saying I think im younger than her.

evergreen
12-05-12, 23:28
I didnt reject her lar, was just saying I think im younger than her. I see you like SYT :D

Age below 55
for men and below 35 for
women. Owns at least two
Revise the criteria ah... might as well say for women, just sexy can already...

price
12-05-12, 23:38
I see you like SYT :D
More like which girl will like an older man?

carbuncle
12-05-12, 23:40
oh my bro, just came back and this thread already 5 pages! i dont have title deeds leh all on loan. not counted. so please remove my name :D:cheers5:
Aiya no need listen to old man :-p just SLA caveat can liao...

carbuncle
12-05-12, 23:44
I see you like SYT :D

Revise the criteria ah... might as well say for women, just sexy can already...
Sexy anywhere can find what... But own two property independent young woman... Rare

evergreen
12-05-12, 23:47
More like which girl will like an older man?
You mean which girl will like a younger man?

evergreen
12-05-12, 23:56
Sexy anywhere can find what... But own two property independent young woman... Rare
Ya... rare. It's our culture to encourage men to invest and make money, and to encourage women to find a man to marry and raise kids with. I have female friends who earn more and have more (monetary) assets - usually cash - than their husbands, but they wouldn't dare invest in property on their own.

I don't know any single, young woman who owns/bought 2 properties on her own with her own earned money. Need to be intelligent, lucky and a rebel. Guys like meh?

bargain hunter
13-05-12, 00:03
sis evergreen, u want to add urself to the list?

there was another bachelorette lady who bought a MM unit at braddell. can't recall her nick offhand, evergreen, u remember?

5 men to 1 woman :p. And the woman isn't even in this forum

evergreen
13-05-12, 00:10
I don't qualify :(

price
13-05-12, 00:17
You mean which girl will like a younger man?
oh yes, sorry. which girl will like xiao didi? too tired, wasnt thinking

price
13-05-12, 00:18

there was another bachelorette lady who bought a MM unit at braddell. can't recall her nick offhand, evergreen, u remember?
Suites @ Braddell?

evergreen
13-05-12, 00:28
oh yes, sorry. which girl will like xiao didi? too tired, wasnt thinking
As long as xiao didi behaves in a mature manner, many women like :D
Anyway, over 21 not didi already.

price
13-05-12, 00:30
As long as xiao didi behaves in a mature manner, many women like :D
Anyway, over 21 not didi already.
haha we'll see! :cool:

evergreen
13-05-12, 00:37
Post your photo and ask all the women here to rate it :p

carbuncle
13-05-12, 00:41
He sure photoshop heavily or steal from Eastboy wakakaka

price
13-05-12, 01:00
prefer to stay anonymous :D:cheers5:

bargain hunter
13-05-12, 01:45
that IS sis evergreen. :ashamed1:

think another lady is irisng?

Suites @ Braddell?

carbuncle
13-05-12, 03:51
that IS sis evergreen. :ashamed1:

think another lady is irisng?
Married not eligible. Heck she already two kids right... You leh uncle? Married also ah

carbuncle
13-05-12, 03:52

One prop only not eligible. Unless you tell me fully paid... Then can make exception. But Laguna will check the title deed wakakaka

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 07:32
Older men prefer younger women (at least 5 years younger) but also worried that they have to share their wealth with them when marriage ends. Two properties will end up with one. One will become half.:scared-3: Choose wisely for those young, wealthy & eligible onesJ
Age below 55
for men and below 35 for
women. Owns at least two

ysyap
13-05-12, 08:35
He sure photoshop heavily or steal from Eastboy wakakakaEastboy is this forum's eligible bachelor's representative... :)

richwang
13-05-12, 10:10
I've once shared this story with a lady. She then got married in 6 months, and is a mother now. The story is from a branch of mathematics: Game Theory.
========================================================
Title: 1/3 Rule
Objective: Find the largest Fruit in the garden
Rules: 1) You are only allowed to pick ONE Fruit;
2) You can only travel in one direction, cannot travel backwards.
Lady A
When she arrived in the garden (Eden?), she was so excited to see so many fruits. She started to walk in one direction as instructed, enjoying the colorfulness and she can even smell the fruits. Suddenly, a BIG fruit jumped into her eyes, she quickly grab it at her first sight.
She continued to travel, and to her surprise, there are even BIGGER fruits awaiting there. But Rule No. 1 says you have only ONE chance, so she completed her journey with so much regrets for acting too early.
Lady B
Learnt the lesson from Lady A, she is careful to make her choice. Excited to see BIG fruit in the first 1/3 of her journey, he didn't take action. She then saw BIGGER fruit and continued searching. She knew there must be even bigger ones waiting ahead.
And suddenly she realized she was almost towards the end of the journey.
But Rule No. 2 says you cannot travel backwards, so she had to pick a fruit which was not really that big. She wished to take an earlier action.

Lady C

Learnt the lessons from Lady A and B, she has discovered the problem of the objective itself. If you are trying to look for THE biggest fruit, you are more likely to settle into disappointment. This is her strategy:

Divide the journey roughly into 3 parts.

For the first 1/3 of the journey, do nothing, just observe what is called "BIG" fruits;
For the 1/3 to 2/3 of the journey, she will pick a fruit which is reasonably big.
For the last 1/3 of the journey, she will just enjoy what she has, and don't even bother about looking.

Guess what, Lady C got the biggest fruit among the three ladies.

=======================================================
Thanks,
Richard
PS. If you have a loving heart, people will feel it, sooner or later.

roly8
13-05-12, 10:14
I've once shared this story with a lady. She then got married in 6 months, and is a mother now. The story is from a branch of mathematics: Game Theory.
Lady A
When she arrived in the garden (Eden?), she was so excited to see so many fruits. She started to walk in one direction as instructed, enjoying the colorfulness and she can even smell the fruits. Suddenly, a BIG fruit jumped into her eyes, she quickly grab it at her first sight.
She continued to travel, and to her surprise, there are even BIGGER fruits awaiting there. But Rule No. 1 says you have only ONE chance, so she completed her journey with so much regrets for acting too early.
Lady B
Learnt the lesson from Lady A, she is careful to make her choice. Excited to see BIG fruit in the first 1/3 of her journey, he didn't take action. She then saw BIGGER fruit and continued searching. She knew there must be even bigger ones waiting ahead.
But Rule No. 2 says you cannot travel backwards, so she had to pick a fruit which was not really that big. She wished to take an earlier action.

Lady C

Learnt the lessons from Lady A and B, she has discovered the problem of the objective itself. If you are trying to look for THE biggest fruit, you are more likely to settle into disappointment. This is her strategy:

For the first 1/3 of the journey, do nothing, just observe what is called "BIG" fruits;
For the 1/3 to 2/3 of the journey, she will pick a fruit which is reasonably big.
For the last 1/3 of the journey, she will just enjoy what she has, and don't even bother about looking.

Thanks,
Richard

thanks for sharing..:o

hyenergix
13-05-12, 10:48
Lady A
Lady B

Lady C

Thanks,
Richard

Old story. Nowadays pp divorce n re-marry.

rattydrama
13-05-12, 11:07
Married not eligible. Heck she already two kids right... You leh uncle? Married also ah
Can divorcee be counted? :D :D

bargain hunter
13-05-12, 11:09
bargain hunter is already taken. :ashamed1:

the other bargain_hunter, now known as wannabe, is also taken i think. :)

rattydrama
13-05-12, 11:19
Some even ditch the old one if a better one come. There are some always on a lookout for a better ones and don't committee. Those who married should try to make it better for both in the marriage. Changing partner just like selling away property very costly. Should be kept n nver be sold. :D

Also don't give birth if not so sure in the marriage as the kid will be greatly affected.

PN
13-05-12, 11:21

5 couples quite difficult to find with the stringent entry requirements.
Carbuncle, you may want to relax the criteria to avoid disappointment.

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 11:21
Know of quite a lot of successful people, eg ex MP, senior civil servant, businessmen,ex minister, etc, divorce when kids grown up, and find another partner. It is a common problem in Japan where the men hardly at home when t hey working. However, once they are retired, the spouse always nag at him. Therefore, ended up in divorce. Better sign an agreement otherwise will be 50% poorer.

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:28
Most people here advocate divorce when the going gets tough... no one mention about resolving and mediating when conflicts and disagreements arise... most people prefer to have back door always opened. Think a study (not too sure of reliablity though) revealed that if couples enter into marriage with one eye on a possible divorce, the probability of ending up in divorce is much higher than another couple who enter into marriage determined to live together all the way... :o

Laguna
13-05-12, 11:35
why did not see Eastboy here?

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:37
why did not see Eastboy here?He's busy in the gym tonning his 8 packs! :D

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 11:39
Always have breakfast with spouse everyday and one trip with spouse at leat one a year minus children.
Most people here advocate divorce when the going gets tough... no one mention about resolving and mediating when conflicts and disagreements arise... most people prefer to have back door always opened. Think a study (not too sure of reliablity though) revealed that if couples enter into marriage with one eye on a possible divorce, the probability of ending up in divorce is much higher than another couple who enter into marriage determined to live together all the way... :o

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:43
Always have breakfast with spouse everyday and one trip with spouse at leat one a year minus children.Especially tough when kids are still young. Not only need to ask parents for help but kids will insist on tagging along for those overseas trip. However agree that spouse time together has to be diligently scheduled coz it will not just appear... :)

carbuncle
13-05-12, 12:04
Older men prefer younger women (at least 5 years younger) but also worried that they have to share their wealth with them when marriage ends. Two properties will end up with one. One will become half.:scared-3: Choose wisely for those young, wealthy & eligible onesJ
Thats exactly why I wanted to match with equal standing one and not free loader types.

carbuncle
13-05-12, 12:07
Eastboy is this forum's eligible bachelor's representative... :)
Got money. Body is bit overdo. He would definitely spend more time maintaining himself than his partner. Face is a question mark... Character? Sounds decent and sensible so far. Just IMO....

maisonjai
13-05-12, 12:09
Some even ditch the old one if a better one come. There are some always on a lookout for a better ones and don't committee. Those who married should try to make it better for both in the marriage. Changing partner just like selling away property very costly. Should be kept n nver be sold.
u made it sound like wife is FH, mistress is LH. haha

Know of quite a lot of successful people, eg ex MP, senior civil servant, businessmen,ex minister, etc, divorce when kids grown up, and find another partner. It is a common problem in Japan where the men hardly at home when t hey working. However, once they are retired, the spouse always nag at him. Therefore, ended up in divorce. Better sign an agreement otherwise will be 50% poorer.
that's the reason why men are conditioned to lose our hearing as we aged. kekeke

carbuncle
13-05-12, 12:12
thanks for sharing..:o
I love love love bro rich story. Its so true. But hor I ate so many fruits all kinds shapes and sizes until vomit and even indigestion so now more happy on fruitless diet... I never seen myself as a fruit person (definitely am INFJ or INTJ) from young anyway...

carbuncle
13-05-12, 12:13
u made it sound like wife is FH, mistress is LH. haha

999 is gay then...

carbuncle
13-05-12, 12:16
As long now single, whether divorced, spouse died, all eligible. History does not matter. Except if you had sex reassignment, then guess is only fair to state upfront, but still eligible. This is a forward looking poll...

carbuncle
13-05-12, 12:19
We will see how it goes. This is only Day 2 and I already revised criteria once... We still have until Nomination Day to finalise criteria. Then voting is on Polling Day itself.... Wakakakaka I will say we are in the Heats stage now...

carbuncle
13-05-12, 12:20
Now guy age 55 and below. PN you qualify? Or taken also...

carbuncle
13-05-12, 12:28
Criteria: Age 55 and below for men and 35 and below for women. Must own at least 2 properties by own means, whether in SG or overseas. Marital status Single currently regardless of history.

M1. price
M2. bullman
M3. Eastboy
M4. azeoprop
M5. devilplate
F1. Laguna's gal
M6. mcmlxxvi (forgot to add back after criteria revision)

Pls nominate generously. Esp on the ladies. Ideal is 10 of each gender.

maisonjai
13-05-12, 12:36
GeylangOKT ? nong nong time never see his avatar :p

rattydrama
13-05-12, 12:39
only one girl so far. should just open up more and say, girls if you are single and owning 2 pros, pls join the club.

chiaberry
13-05-12, 12:40
Must be a heterosexual match? Maybe some of the guys are looking for guys and not gals.......

devilplate may not be a guy, may be a gal.......or could be bisexual wakaka.......

evergreen
13-05-12, 13:01
The moral of the fruit story is: at the end of the day, a man is still judged by the size of his fruit.

If both have $, there's no need to get married! Don't need those government subsidies and tax breaks.
Age is just a number and marriage is just a piece of government-issued paper.

PN
13-05-12, 13:08

I wish I can but will get disqualified :D

bargain hunter
13-05-12, 13:13
have auntie berry but long taken. :)

only one girl so far. should just open up more and say, girls if you are single and owning 2 pros, pls join the club.

ysyap
13-05-12, 13:18
Got money. Body is bit overdo. He would definitely spend more time maintaining himself than his partner. Face is a question mark... Character? Sounds decent and sensible so far. Just IMO....Yup.... just on food alone he once mentioned he spends $1xxx/mth just for himself... :rolleyes: Restuarant dining daily!

evergreen
13-05-12, 13:40
To build muscles, he needs to eat lotsa meat. To stay lean, need to eat low-GI carbs. Meat is not cheap. And when eating out, the low-GI carbs aren't cheap either.

carbuncle
13-05-12, 14:05
Must be a heterosexual match? Maybe some of the guys are looking for guys and not gals.......

devilplate may not be a guy, may be a gal.......or could be bisexual wakaka.......
If non straight also allow I nong time put my own name inside liao. But I am the only gay in the village. Match with what??? Better not waste time here.

carbuncle
13-05-12, 14:06
To build muscles, he needs to eat lotsa meat. To stay lean, need to eat low-GI carbs. Meat is not cheap. And when eating out, the low-GI carbs aren't cheap either.
His kind of body... Dunno... So hard. Not nice to lie on, even for a gay... I wont choose.

august
13-05-12, 14:14
lol :D

richwang is old man mah..

rattydrama
13-05-12, 15:41
If non straight also allow I nong time put my own name inside liao. But I am the only gay in the village. Match with what??? Better not waste time here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2d3h_TgU0

carbuncle
13-05-12, 16:50

maybe he everyday eat birds nest and sharks fin leh and use ginseng concentrate to rinse mouth? some are genetically well endowed eat kfc everyday also can have such body....

carbuncle
13-05-12, 16:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2d3h_TgU0

yep. ya know... but yeah but noo but yeah but noo but yeah .... u know the good stuff

richwang
14-05-12, 02:38
lol :D

richwang is old man mah..

I was born in 1965 - the same year Singapore was born.
47 years old now, so 2 years older than the revised requirement.

I was hoping to retire in another 8 years (55 years old - that's the retirement age when I arrived in Singapore 19 years ago).
But Government also revise the age requirement to withdraw CPF to 62 (soon 65?), so another 18 years to go.
If the taxi driver's 75 years retirement age is of any guide, I will have another 28 years to work.

Should I feel 20 years younger?

Thanks,
Richard

Laguna
14-05-12, 08:52

I was hoping to retire in another 8 years (55 years old - that's the retirement age when I arrived in Singapore 19 years ago).
But Government also revise the age requirement to withdraw CPF to 62 (soon 65?), so another 18 years to go.
If the taxi driver's 75 years retirement age is of any guide, I will have another 28 years to work.

Thanks,
Richard

ur the one to decide your retirement age and not the Govt.
I hv frns retire at 30+, 40+ and enjoying life...

ysyap
14-05-12, 09:18
ur the one to decide your retirement age and not the Govt.
I hv frns retire at 30+, 40+ and enjoying life...Half right... sometimes you can plan and prepare for early retirement but an unforeseen accident not within your plan can just delay your retirement plans, like your parents suddenly become your dependent, etc so you need more cash to support them, etc. :scared-4:

Laguna
14-05-12, 09:40
Half right... sometimes you can plan and prepare for early retirement but an unforeseen accident not within your plan can just delay your retirement plans, like your parents suddenly become your dependent, etc so you need more cash to support them, etc. :scared-4:

Nowadays, all generations are having their problems.

It is not only the parents, u may also know, one day, u may also need to support your children and your grandchildren.

I cannot understand, why we end up the life as such.

Old one cannot retire happily
Mid age one stress over work, money, and family
youny one stress over school work

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 10:00
Hence, we have to plan for our retirement & ffamily. This is necessary as mentioned by you. Life will get more competitive at higher cost of living. Quite a lot of Wealthy ones do not these problems because their forefathers have passed on a legacy to them.

It is not only the parents, u may also know, one day, u may also need to support your children and your grandchildren.

youny one stress over school work

hopeful
14-05-12, 10:03

Thanks,
Richard
Why do you want to retire so early? Do you know that because of people wanting to retire early, the government has to import FT/FW to support the growing number of retirees. Why not get a job working as security guard at Parc Imperial?
Then the ratio of working adults to retirees would be higher, so no need to import FT/FW.

This is another example that government is kicking can down the road. 19 years ago, government import FT to boost GDP, and to support ageing population. Just recently, the government wants to import more working FT/FW (25000-30000 a year) in order to support this FT (now converted to SC), who himself was imported 19 years ago. :)

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 10:17
Retirement has different definitions to different people. My definition is: doing what you like to do at a less stressful pace & still maintain the same lifestyle. Most importantly has option or choices - freedom to choose w/o constraints.:)

chiaberry
14-05-12, 10:24
I am not sure that retiring "early" is the best thing to do. I have seen people tend to deteriorate in their mental faculties after retiring (even though they still keep active with volunteer work, surfing around the internet etc). Since Singapore professes to be short of manpower, why not continue to contribute to the workforce? After all, once the kids are in tertiary education, they are independent and don't need you to hang around so you might as well continue working.

In the first place, people should choose a profession that they enjoy doing and don't mind doing for the rest of their lives. The problem with Singaporeans is that they force themselves or their parents force them into professions that can make $$$ rather than what they enjoy doing. After some years in the corporate RAT RACE they are burnt out and can't wait to "retire". More thought should be given to career choice for the youngsters in order not to get into this rut.

stl67
14-05-12, 10:36
Retirement has different definitions to different people. My definition is: doing what you like to do at a less stressful pace & still maintain the same lifestyle. Most importantly has option or choices - freedom to choose w/o constraints.:)

Same here. I wish to 'retire' from my current job and do something I like in 4 years time. Now is 3 years and 10 months.

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 10:37
We may enjoy the work but not the people around in the work environment who play politics as it is getting more intense. The societ that we are in has evolved and will continue. Look at the recent survey on the girls in Singapore on sex. Willing to do it to exchange for branded goods, etc. :doh:
I am not sure that retiring "early" is the best thing to do. I have seen people tend to deteriorate in their mental faculties after retiring (even though they still keep active with volunteer work, surfing around the internet etc). Since Singapore professes to be short of manpower, why not continue to contribute to the workforce? After all, once the kids are in tertiary education, they are independent and don't need you to hang around so you might as well continue working.

In the first place, people should choose a profession that they enjoy doing and don't mind doing for the rest of their lives. The problem with Singaporeans is that they force themselves or their parents force them into professions that can make $$$ rather than what they enjoy doing. After some years in the corporate RAT RACE they are burnt out and can't wait to "retire". More thought should be given to career choice for the youngsters in order not to get into this rut.

evergreen
14-05-12, 10:44

Brainwashed by the government and idealism.

Why do you want to retire so early? Do you know that because of people wanting to retire early, the government has to import FT/FW to support the growing number of retirees. Why not get a job working as security guard at Parc Imperial?
Then the ratio of working adults to retirees would be higher, so no need to import FT/FW.

This is another example that government is kicking can down the road. 19 years ago, government import FT to boost GDP, and to support ageing population. Just recently, the government wants to import more working FT/FW (25000-30000 a year) in order to support this FT (now converted to SC), who himself was imported 19 years ago. :)

Don't people have better ideas for jobs for the elderly??
You are also brainwashed by the government.

We may enjoy the work but not the people around in the work environment who play politics as it is getting more intense. The societ that we are in has evolved and will continue. Look at the recent survey on the girls in Singapore on sex. Willing to do it to exchange for branded goods, etc. :doh:

Their preferred profession is to be mid-class whore. Easy job. Just lie there, moan a bit. Not just the girls but guys would do it too if anybody wanted to pay.

ysyap
14-05-12, 10:47

youny one stress over school workI'll gladly choose school work stress over other types of stress... :D

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 10:49
Quite a lot of them are graduates too.

Don't people have better ideas for jobs for the elderly??
You are also brainwashed by the government.

Their preferred profession is to be mid-class whore. Easy job. Just lie there, moan a bit. Not just the girls but guys would do it too if anybody wanted to pay.

chiaberry
14-05-12, 10:54

You are too sceptical. I have never worked for the government and I am not young enough to be idealistic.

carbuncle
14-05-12, 13:33

Thanks,
Richard
您宝刀未老啦!加油加油!继续奴隶!哇咔咔咔咔

carbuncle
14-05-12, 13:39
You are too sceptical. I have never worked for the government and I am not young enough to be idealistic.
小朋友们,你们离题啦!!!言归正传!

Kanarazu
14-05-12, 19:52
小朋友们,你们离题啦!!!言归正传!

是不是您鍵盤「卡崩了」打不了英文?

carbuncle
14-05-12, 21:08
是不是您鍵盤「卡崩了」打不了英文?
I like you... More and more every day. :ashamed1:

carbuncle
16-05-12, 11:26
Criteria: Age 55 and below for
men and 35 and below for
women. Must own at least 2
properties by own means,
whether in SG or overseas.
Marital status Single currently
regardless of history.
M1. price
M2. bullman
M3. Eastboy
M4. azeoprop
M5. devilplate
F1. Laguna's gal
M6. mcmlxxvi

Pls nominate generously. Esp on
the ladies. Ideal is 10 of each
gender.
Today is Nomination Day. Hit it!!!!!

Laguna
16-05-12, 11:35
To Carbuncle

Look like u enjoy this so much.....
I will give a big angbo if job well done

carbuncle
16-05-12, 11:56
To Carbuncle

Look like u enjoy this so much.....
I will give a big angbo if job well done
Tanks tanks... Your gal very the fortunate. So many guys to CHOOse from...

carbuncle
19-05-12, 15:19
Today is Rally Day. I also must do my part here. Pls nominate more (ladies) and support!!!! Ki Chiu for more ladies!