PDA

View Full Version : Title Deed - Where to store it?

richwang
11-05-12, 16:31
If you have received your title deed, where should you store it?

1) Home;
2) Safe deposit box at CICSO;
3) With Lawyer;
4) ...

If you lost your title deed, can you ask SLA to re-issue it?
If yes, how much it will cost?

Thanks,
Richard

carbuncle
11-05-12, 16:55
I just keep in drawer.... If house burnt down all burn together lor

price
11-05-12, 17:09
I just keep in drawer.... If house burnt down all burn together lor
there's a chinese saying, the most dangerous place is the safest place. put in living room? frame it up on the wall?:D

carbuncle
11-05-12, 17:15
there's a chinese saying, the most dangerous place is the safest place. put in living room? frame it up on the wall?:D

Wa lan eh u houseproud to that extent????

Ok my To Do list refreshed: u now no. 1 target!!!

wannabe
11-05-12, 17:29
Safe deposit box

maisonjai
11-05-12, 17:31
I left it in the drawer too, scan a copy & left it in the cloud.

buttercarp
11-05-12, 17:35

Wow, TS..... you have subtly asked how many of us have cleared our housing loan.;)
Keep in the safe.
Good idea about storing in the cloud.
PDF is as good as original, right?

Replacing it will cost a few thousand dollars, i was told.

hyenergix
11-05-12, 17:37
Wow, TS..... you have subtly asked how many of us have cleared our housing loan.;)
Keep in the safe.

I suppose it is only as secure as e strength of e army?

maisonjai
11-05-12, 17:43
Keep in the safe.

sista, u own landed right? make a copy, ziplock & bury 1 set in ur garden....then u have 1 set each in "heaven & earth"...heehee

buttercarp
11-05-12, 17:48
sista, u own landed right? make a copy, ziplock & bury 1 set in ur garden....then u have 1 set each in "heaven & earth"...heehee

That's a good idea! Provided my pets don't dig it up.
But the problem is I am not in a landed yet and to get hold of the landed title deed will probably take many years.

carbuncle
11-05-12, 18:11
That's a good idea! Provided my pets don't dig it up.
But the problem is I am not in a landed yet and to get hold of the landed title deed will probably take many years.
Bro Blue just beat you to it.... But his neighbouring unit still available. You buy, then every chinese new year we all can come and take red packets wakakaka

carbuncle
11-05-12, 18:12
Keep in the safe.

Eh no wat. Every sale you get back the title deed also... Its useless so I just keep in drawer...

pinkpolkadot
11-05-12, 18:26
Just received a letter from HDB. You can either safekeep it yourself or the Legal Department will safekeep it on your behalf.

price
11-05-12, 18:29
Just received a letter from HDB. You can either safekeep it yourself or the Legal Department will safekeep it on your behalf.
with fees involved.

buttercarp
11-05-12, 18:37
Eh no wat. Every sale you get back the title deed also... Its useless so I just keep in drawer...

I tot title deed only given to you when u clear your housing loan?

M_Q
11-05-12, 18:37

Good idea to store up in cloud.. but will it still considered as original?

carbuncle
11-05-12, 19:02
Ya... Every sale have to fully redeem the loan isnt it.

pinkpolkadot
11-05-12, 19:56

Yes. Only when fully paid up.

pinkpolkadot
11-05-12, 19:58
with fees involved.

The letter didn't mention fee. It says: As an extra service to you Legal department will safekeep the Title Deed on your behalf."

zzz1
11-05-12, 20:12
If you have received your title deed, where should you store it?

1) Home;
2) Safe deposit box at CICSO;
3) With Lawyer;
4) ...

If you lost your title deed, can you ask SLA to re-issue it?
If yes, how much it will cost?

Thanks,
Richard

Make a copy and get the strata agency to certify thru copy.(they do that for a small fee)
Keep one in safe , other keep at home.

maisonjai
11-05-12, 20:58
The letter didn't mention fee. It says: As an extra service to you Legal department will safekeep the Title Deed on your behalf."
For hdb it's advisable to leave it with legal dept at hdb hub. When u decided to sell the flat it's more convenient too, save the hassle searching it. :2cents:

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 21:07
Just keep them in drawer at home. SLA already has record of them. Make multiple hardcopies and even keep softcopy of them in yahoo, gmail, cloud,etc if this makes you feel more comfortable.:)

irisng
11-05-12, 21:09
Keep in the safe.

Ya, I was told it cost a few thousand dollars too and is very troublesome.
Well, I put it on the the book shelves in my storeroom, haha.

KarenK
11-05-12, 21:13
die.........hubby redeemed the HL that day but now I can't remember where we put the title deeds. It's certainly not in the safe deposit box coz we haven't gone there for ages.....jialat...... :scared-5:

maisonjai
11-05-12, 21:20
For LH ppty the title deed is just air space. According to mr goh "They’re buying air!"
The master title deed for LH land is SLA forever...kekeke

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 21:22
So the best is to hold FH landed title deeds.
For LH ppty the title deed is just air space. According to mr goh "They’re buying air!"
The master title deed for LH land is SLA forever...kekeke

maisonjai
11-05-12, 21:23
die.........hubby redeemed the HL that day but now I can't remember where we put the title deeds. It's certainly not in the safe deposit box coz we haven't gone there for ages.....jialat...... :scared-5:
together with marriage cert?

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 21:24
Not forgetting the will too. :D
together with marriage cert?

maisonjai
11-05-12, 21:31
So the best is to hold FH landed title deeds.
In a way yes, once a lao jiao told me this, his dad passed on 20yrs ago & left the land to him. In 10~15yrs his time will come & pass on to his children. His exact words "my name is only 'temporary owner' of the land."
I was speechless for a moment.

land118
11-05-12, 21:37
In a way yes, once a lao jiao told me this, his dad passed on 20yrs ago & left the land to him. In 10~15yrs his time will come & pass on to his children. His exact words "my name is only 'temporary owner' of the land."
I was speechless for a moment.
Kinda of true, abit like PP watch slogan:

"You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation"

fafalulu
11-05-12, 21:41
Pay up until left 1 dollor loan and ask the bank / HDB to keep it for you:tongue3:

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 22:09
Landed property should not be sold and pass on. This is a legacy that one can pass it on when passes on.

"You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation"

land118
11-05-12, 22:35
Landed property should not be sold and pass on. This is a legacy that one can pass it on when passes on.
Sounds good...

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 22:39
It is worth it as forefathers will be remembered for generations.
Sounds good...

maisonjai
11-05-12, 22:54

"look after it" = time keeper.....I like it. :cheers4:

CondoInterested
11-05-12, 23:41
Err... Title Deed for HDB or PC or Landed?

If HDB, even paid up, just leave it at HDB, FOC somemore, lost or burnt can get free duplicate, want to sell also easy, just tell HDB it's with them, not need to bring that big piece of paper around.

PC and Landed, not sure if can keep at the bank when paid up? Maybe got charge.

If want to frame up, make a photo copy.

lifeline
12-05-12, 00:00
we left ours with the lawyer foc for many years after clearing hl, until they reminded us to collect recently. now i dun know where it is? maybe still at old place? :beats-me-man:

buttercarp
12-05-12, 01:48
we left ours with the lawyer foc for many years after clearing hl, until they reminded us to collect recently. now i dun know where it is? maybe still at old place? :beats-me-man:

Nowadays, I will snap a picture of where i store important things in my phone and store it in the cloud.
Actually all my photos now are also in the cloud.
If one day should the cloud disappear, then I dunno how.......

land118
12-05-12, 06:38
Perhaps SLA should make title deed paperless, just like shares is scripless with CDP...., SLA just send u a record whenever property tax is due

roly8
12-05-12, 09:25

lol!! :D:D:D

carbuncle
12-05-12, 11:05
Perhaps SLA should make title deed paperless, just like shares is scripless with CDP...., SLA just send u a record whenever property tax is due
Real estate, by nature of the term, is real and tangible. Likewise, most owners would like to have tangible proof of ownership, as anyone can eat sleep and shit in a physical property despite questionable ownership.

DC33_2008
12-05-12, 12:13
Enjoy taking out the original title deeds to look at them at times. :)

carbuncle
12-05-12, 12:21
Enjoy taking out the original title deeds to look at them at times. :)
Very regal and imperial feeling right... Esp those crest design

House
12-05-12, 12:46
What about Jacobs biscuit tin?:D

DC33_2008
12-05-12, 12:47
Sounds good...
The transferor's name will be on the title deeds for properties given as gifts. :D

carbuncle
12-05-12, 13:28
What about Jacobs biscuit tin?:D
Yeah good choice. Known to survive most fires... Always see it lying around relatively unscathed in the aftermath.... Heck. Wont be surprised if it survives even a nuclear attack. Wakakaka

price
12-05-12, 13:34
Yeah good choice. Known to survive most fires... Always see it lying around relatively unscathed in the aftermath.... Heck. Wont be surprised if it survives even a nuclear attack. Wakakaka
put in tin, put tin in bomb shelter.

House
12-05-12, 20:31
put in tin, put tin in bomb shelter.

:beats-me-man: Hello must be Jacobs brand....khong guan biscuit tin not known to survive nuclear hor:D

price
13-05-12, 00:15
:beats-me-man: Hello must be Jacobs brand....khong guan biscuit tin not known to survive nuclear hor:D
i wonder how strong are all the household shelters! :beats-me-man:

House
13-05-12, 00:21
i wonder how strong are all the household shelters! :beats-me-man:

jokes aside, was told the shelters will still stand while the rest of your house blasted into pieces - ala osama 911

price
13-05-12, 00:32
jokes aside, was told the shelters will still stand while the rest of your house blasted into pieces - ala osama 911
what kind of blasts? even atomic/nuclear???

Depends which developer? haha certain developers are known of using cheap lousy materials

maisonjai
13-05-12, 11:01
well it's definitely safest room within the unit, that's why some families put their domestic helper there.

There most dangerous place are the windows.

carbuncle
13-05-12, 12:44
well it's definitely safest room within the unit, that's why some families put their domestic helper there.

There most dangerous place are the windows.
I like your satire.... Leticia would be so proud

blackjack21trader
16-05-12, 17:14
aiyo... just loan a bit from bank and let them keep for you lor. if lost, u have to advertise in major newspaper..expensive hor.

blackjack21trader
17-05-12, 08:03
aiyo... just loan a bit from bank and let them keep for you lor. if lost, u have to advertise in major newspaper..expensive hor.

I noticed from TS's other thread that he is really serious about storing the original title deeds himself. Well, here's where you guys can go if you really want to store them on your own:

http://www.certissecurity.com/sg/business/logistics_sdb.php?pg=2&subpg=9

if you want to store them at home, make sure you have a fireproof safe hor- one that can tahan at least 15mins of intense heat hor.

richwang
18-08-12, 16:43
Finally got my title deed.

The HDB one is clearly stated as "Lease", and I am paying S$1 each year as rental even after I have "fully paid up the loans". Any idea where is the master title deed? With HDB or SLA?

The freehold condominium is stated as "subsidiary proprietor". Any idea where is the master title deed? With SLA?

For those who own landed, what does your title deed say? Can we really "own" a piece of land in Singapore?

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Payer Laber CISCO reported some disputes for loss in safe deposit items.

DC33_2008
18-08-12, 17:26
Title of PC states registered subsidiary proprietor of the estate in the land while title of landed states registered proprietor of the estate and land. :D The heading of PC cerificate is Subsidiary strata certificate of title while the landed prop is certificate of title only.
Finally got my title deed.

The HDB one is clearly stated as "Lease", and I am paying S$1 each year as rental even after I have "fully paid up the loans". Any idea where is the master title deed? With HDB or SLA?

The freehold condominium is stated as "subsidiary proprietor". Any idea where is the master title deed? With SLA?

For those who own landed, what does your title deed say? Can we really "own" a piece of land in Singapore?

Thanks,
Richard
PS. Payer Laber CISCO reported some disputes for loss in safe deposit items.