PDA

View Full Version : If you have 2 PC..........

irisng
10-05-12, 08:34
Which PC will you consider to sell:-
1) 20 yrs old condo
a) 1,400 sq ft
b) Suburban
c) LH
d) 3 bedrooms
e) lots of amenities but no MRT
f) North/South facing

2) 1 yr's old apartment
a) 500+ sq ft
b) city fringe
c) FH
d) 2 bedrooms
e) lot of amenities and MRT within 600m
f) West facing

Lets put aside the number of occupants in the family first.

rattydrama
10-05-12, 08:37
I will consider selling the OCR condo as it is too old and get a newer one near to MRT at about 1100 sqft thereabout.

DC33_2008
10-05-12, 08:40
Sell the OCR if you look at all the new condos coming on stream in the next few years. :scared-5:

mantrix
10-05-12, 09:01
OCR of course, lease is running low with 70+ years left (i took into account the construction time)

buttercarp
10-05-12, 09:11
Definitely sell the old one.
So old most likely need extensive reno.
Other things like potential pipe leakage, water proofing issues are likely to appear.
Also loan problem for the future buyer as the leasehold gets shorter and shorter.

roly8
10-05-12, 09:14
sell the old one..

but how come your 500+ sq ft can hold 2 bedroom?
like too squeeze hor?

DC33_2008
10-05-12, 09:15
Keep properties that are near epic centre.

roly8
10-05-12, 09:20
Keep properties that are near epic centre.

D9,D10 area is it?

DC33_2008
10-05-12, 09:23
Where do you think garment is pumping money into in the next 10-20 years?
D9,D10 area is it?

Laguna
10-05-12, 09:36
what is the enbloc potential of the old one?

rattydrama
10-05-12, 09:51
what is the enbloc potential of the old one?OCR got en bloc potential?

roly8
10-05-12, 09:56
btw, the PC is for own stay or investment?

if it is investment, keep the one near MRT :D:D

DC33_2008
10-05-12, 09:57
Got to be near good mall, canal, mrt, etc.
OCR got en bloc potential?

Ringo33
10-05-12, 09:58
1) 20 yrs old condo
a) 1,400 sq ft
b) Suburban
c) LH
d) 3 bedrooms
f) North/South facing

2) 1 yr's old apartment
a) 500+ sq ft
b) city fringe
c) FH
d) 2 bedrooms
f) West facing

question to ask

1) How old are you? (as this will affect how many years of loan you can take if you are going to buy a replacement property for your family)
2) Have you fully paid up the LH property? What is the rental yield?

august
10-05-12, 10:11
wow 500 sqft can squeeze 2 bedrooms. :scared-4:

rattydrama
10-05-12, 10:13
Got to be near good mall, canal, mrt, etc.

what I can think of is sun plaza which is about 15 years +/-.. 20 years old cannot think of any now...I am still not old enough:p

ysyap
10-05-12, 10:16
Selling older LH PC seems to be the way to go but need to ask what is your plan after your liquidate the cash from this sale? Buy another PC or just put cash aside? If buy another PC, price will higher for newer PC (all else being the same like size, proximity to amenities, etc) so do you have cash for that? If just put cash aside, then I'd rather keep the old PC and continue to get rental income while waiting for enbloc. If invest spare cash in other portfolios, then must consider the potential returns, is it more than the current rental yield? :cheers3:

rattydrama
10-05-12, 10:17
wow 500 sqft can squeeze 2 bedrooms. :scared-4:
can lah if layout efficient. parents + 1 kid + 1 toilet..acutally promenade @ pikalet D19 layout pretty efficient.

but no storage space, like hotel stay.

land118
10-05-12, 10:25
Sell the old one, unless tis old OCR got enbloc potential and already started process provided the project asking price is below S$200m, if not confirm sell this old one. Chances for enbloc is slim for project >$200m in the near term as the recent enblocs in the last 1-2 years have shown. :2cents:

minority
10-05-12, 10:32
I will sell the MM 500sqf 2 bed room. Keep the old apt. With the possibility there are more MM there might be oversupply.

Buy a 1000sqf with the proceed and rent out the old unit. As big size units will be priced later.

Fleur
10-05-12, 10:35
But your MM 2 bedroom PC is in Geylang, right? I would sell that a resale leasehold property near the MRT. Not necessarily city fringe.

Fleur
10-05-12, 10:36
Sorry, I meant I would sell that MM and buy another resale leasehold properly sized property near a MRT station.

rattydrama
10-05-12, 10:39
Sorry, I meant I would sell that MM and buy another resale leasehold properly sized property near a MRT station.

Geylang rental is good n freehold why need to sell? I believed should have cap appreciation now.

PropertyNewbie
10-05-12, 11:11
Sell both, especially the west facing FH one first. Oversupply looming for MM.

Sell LH will get you maybe 1.15 Mil
Sell FH will get you maybe 700 to 800 K

Then you can borrow 80% again. This time, go whack a newer FH 3 bedroom 1200 sq ft and above Condo Near MRT or in D9/10 and live happily with your family.

Examples - City Square Residences
Twin Regency
Regency at Tiong Bahru

proper-t
10-05-12, 11:21
Sell both. If you have no more property loans, you can get 80% financing. With the proceeds, use it as downpayment (20%) and buy a FH/999 yr landed. Avoid LH or cluster. Use the remaining balance for reno/loan servicing.

Choices

Serangoon gardens/Braddel Heights - near Lor Chuan MRT

Jalan Pemimpin - near Bishan MRT

Thomson area - future TSL

East Coast - Future ERL

Bedok - near Bedok MRT

Kembangan area - newar Kembangan MRT

ysyap
10-05-12, 11:25
Sell both. If you have no more property loans, you can get 80% financing. With the proceeds, use it as downpayment (20%) and buy a FH/999 yr landed. Avoid LH or cluster. Use the remaining balance for reno/loan servicing.

Choices

East Coast - Future ERL

Bedok - near Bedok MRT

Kembangana area - newar Kembangan MRTDepending on how old our friend is. If too old, getting a mortgage loan will not be an incentive coz monthly servicing amount will be very high... :D

maisonjai
10-05-12, 11:40
Selling ur 1400sqft & shift to 500+sqft will compromise ur lifestyle leh. Unless u cashing out 1400sqft & reinvest another medium size unit slightly nearer to epic centre. ;)

roly8
10-05-12, 11:49

Choices

East Coast - Future ERL

Bedok - near Bedok MRT

Kembangan area - newar Kembangan MRT

landed is good if TS want to multi generation living together..:p

hyenergix
10-05-12, 12:43
landed is good if TS want to multi generation living together..:p

Sounds good but can destroy family relations if not manage well. Juz like those long ago Hong Kong and Taiwanese movies based on big families under one roof n got young masters rape maids or mother in law scheming against wife, or siblings fighting over control of business or inheritance.

House
10-05-12, 13:38
Sounds good but can destroy family relations if not manage well. Juz like those long ago Hong Kong and Taiwanese movies based on big families under one roof n got young masters rape maids or mother in law scheming against wife, or siblings fighting over control of business or inheritance.

Wah? Very imaginative leh :D

But must agree, also need to add in - what if pet cat screw the pet dog?:scared-4:

ikan bilis
10-05-12, 13:41
very soon 500+sqft geylang mm more expensive than 1400sqft chestervale...

mm cheong at 2-3%/month... :cutedoggy:

:scared-4: :scared-4:

ysyap
10-05-12, 13:45
Wah? Very imaginative leh :D

But must agree, also need to add in - what if pet cat screw the pet dog?:scared-4:Yup... u are more imaginative... :47:

carbuncle
10-05-12, 15:41
Familiarity breeds contempt. Better to keep a distance and have personal space sometimes. Even with spouse...

carbuncle
10-05-12, 15:46
My advice to TS - unless either is giving you big headache, hold on to both. You will never find new property at that price... Ever...

sh
10-05-12, 16:06
My advice to TS - unless either is giving you big headache, hold on to both. You will never find new property at that price... Ever...

If you're holding on to both, I'll sell the LH one and buy another FH one. Value of aging LH will decline at a increasing rate as it gets even older... unless there's hope of enbloc is the plot ratio is under-utilised.:2cents:

ysyap
10-05-12, 16:10
If you're holding on to both, I'll sell the LH one and buy another FH one. Value of aging LH will decline at a increasing rate as it gets even older... unless there's hope of enbloc is the plot ratio is under-utilised.:2cents:Can buy new LH and sit on it for 15 years no problem... FH might be asking high high and very rare to have one FH near MRT for better rental yield anyway. As such LH near MRT better investment option... Lol!

carbuncle
10-05-12, 16:18
If you're holding on to both, I'll sell the LH one and buy another FH one. Value of aging LH will decline at a increasing rate as it gets even older... unless there's hope of enbloc is the plot ratio is under-utilised.:2cents:
LH if big units will still have chance of enbloc....

ZeeWee
10-05-12, 16:37
Where do you think garment is pumping money into in the next 10-20 years?

District 1? CBD, Marina areas, Shenton area?

zeamybro
10-05-12, 16:48
Depends on whether you are keeping the house for own stay or rental.

Although i tend to agree with most here that the value of the old LH ppty will not be able to catch up with inflation and will 'depreciate' over time, large units are hard to come by in the future. So if its for own stay, it may not be a bad idea to keep it for the comfort esp it has lots of amenities and is NS facing. I find the old condos like Bayshore Park and Mandarin Garden (no MRT) very well maintained and appealing.

On the contrary, i thought its not that difficult to find 500sf FH units near MRT. And if you have already made a tidy sum from your purchase price (assuming you bought in 2008-9), it may be a good idea to sell it off and use the money for whatever investment you intend to. Otherwise, just keep both and earn on the rentals if you are not in urgent need of the cash.

irisng
10-05-12, 21:50
Wow, thank you so much for all the valuable feedback. I must admit, each and everyone has your points.:santana:

I'm not young anymore, going to retire liao, sign......:old-chinese-guy: (sorry, don't have middle-aged woman logo leh)

There's no sign of enbloc yet.:(

We had already fully paid our 1st condo and have borrowed 80% loan from the bank for our 2nd ppty in Geylang. When we first bought our 2nd ppty, it is meant for investment but now, there is a slight change in our plan:-
a) thought of staying in our 2nd ppty and rent out the older one or
b) if in worst scenerio, I need to sell away one of the ppty, which one should I sell? Older ppty will depreciate its value as it gets older and older but nowadays it is very difficult to get back the same floor area without paying a hefty sum. 2nd ppty is FH and might have capital appreciation. :mad:

rattydrama
10-05-12, 21:53
one thing for sure, LH property value will drop faster then FH property in down circle.

LH ppty not near amenities and mrt will be harder to get tenant.

hyenergix
10-05-12, 21:54
one thing for sure, LH property value will drop faster then FH property in down circle.

LH ppty not near amenities and mrt will be harder to get tenant.

Very old LH condo not near MRT still got pp want to buy meh?

carbuncle
10-05-12, 22:21
Wow, thank you so much for all the valuable feedback. I must admit, each and everyone has your points.:santana:

I'm not young anymore, going to retire liao, sign......:old-chinese-guy: (sorry, don't have middle-aged woman logo leh)

There's no sign of enbloc yet.:(

We had already fully paid our 1st condo and have borrowed 80% loan from the bank for our 2nd ppty in Geylang. When we first bought our 2nd ppty, it is meant for investment but now, there is a slight change in our plan:-
a) thought of staying in our 2nd ppty and rent out the older one or
b) if in worst scenerio, I need to sell away one of the ppty, which one should I sell? Older ppty will depreciate its value as it gets older and older but nowadays it is very difficult to get back the same floor area without paying a hefty sum. 2nd ppty is FH and might have capital appreciation. :mad:

Aiyo rent out both and use part of the money to rent somewhere else ideal for you!!

irisng
10-05-12, 22:27
Aiyo rent out both and use part of the money to rent somewhere else ideal for you!!

Aiyo yo, it is so inconvenience lah, with so many "barang barang" following me.:D

carbuncle
10-05-12, 22:31
Aiyo yo, it is so inconvenience lah, with so many "barang barang" following me.:D

Barang2? U mean u hubby n kids ah

Komo
10-05-12, 22:41
don't sell any....rent out and get cash!:p

jwwpc88
10-05-12, 22:54
And....what would be a better deal, in terms of capital gain or at least no loss, for own stay with future capital gain...regent heights vs evergreen park vs an EC..budget around 800k...small hdb fully paid.....tks. My apology for hijacking this post as I'm new member and after so many days so can't figure out how to create a new post...:ashamed1:

new2mondrian
10-05-12, 23:01
1) 20 yrs old condo
a) 1,400 sq ft
b) Suburban
c) LH
d) 3 bedrooms
f) North/South facing

2) 1 yr's old apartment
a) 500+ sq ft
b) city fringe
c) FH
d) 2 bedrooms
f) West facing

How much can your LH condo fetch at current market price? If you sell, would you be looking for a replacement property? If you are, then maybe a good way to go through the thought process is to look at what kind of replacement property you can get with the sum from the sale of the LH (after deducting agent fees, legal fees etc), and then factor in the stamp duty arising from the fresh sale.

Personally, I do not think that either property is ideal. 20 year LH has very limited upside, and if you keep for another 20-25 years, chances are you may have difficulty finding a buyer given the financing granted by banks on a condo with 60 years left on its lease may be constrained. Chances of enbloc may also be limited especially if there are many units involved. However, the saving grace of the LH is that it is a good sized unit, and as time goes by, such units would get fewer. With some refresh given to it every few years, you should be able to find tenants.

The second FH property is very small and west facing. Tough enough to stay in a small unit with small rooms (which means it may be tough to find tenants), not to mention that it faces west. The west sun is really formidable. Coupled with a small unit, the heat can be stifling (I grew up in a 5 room HDB that faces west). Even at 1300sqft, it felt like being baked in an oven on most days.

Personally I would sell both, and hold a FH in CCR (or RCR at best) that is of a good size of 1200sqft or more. But it makes sense to have a constant stream of income after you retire. Hence it may not be a bad idea to still hold onto the LH and rent it out for a steady source of income (if the sums do not work out). As for the FH, if you can swop it for something better, that may be a good idea.

maisonjai
10-05-12, 23:55
irising cannot :sleep: liao. Since most encourage u to sell LH, if u hoot another ppty of a higher value then u will be saddle with 2 loans although someone may "help" ease 1 of ur loan. Ur a) is not a bad option for the time being until u think it's the right time to offload.

When u start packing all ur barangs in ur 1400sqft, u may end up staying put. Start from storeroom first..kekeke

hyenergix
11-05-12, 06:01
And....what would be a better deal, in terms of capital gain or at least no loss, for own stay with future capital gain...regent heights vs evergreen park vs an EC..budget around 800k...small hdb fully paid.....tks. My apology for hijacking this post as I'm new member and after so many days so can't figure out how to create a new post...:ashamed1:

Fully paid HDB means most likely in 40s. Left abt 40 years until go heaven. I will go for a new 99LH near amenities since I'm getting older n rent out HDB. Old 99 LH might need major reno n hard to dispose if u decide to change house after 10-20 years.

Komo
11-05-12, 06:54
old just renovate loh...$20k can do the job and get back within a few months:D

hyenergix
11-05-12, 06:56
old just renovate loh...$20k can do the job and get back within a few months:D

The piping and common areas will be very old after 20-30 years. Need $ to rejuvenate leh. If left 70+ years of lease I will be very heart pain.

land118
11-05-12, 07:23
The piping and common areas will be very old after 20-30 years. Need $ to rejuvenate leh. If left 70+ years of lease I will be very heart pain.
If u are particular about common areas, many 20year old condo do not have enough sinking fund to rejuvenate the such areas, only do the normal maintenance, minor repairs and a fresh coat of paint every few years. Even if renovate the interior very nice, once step out your unit, back to reality...surrounding is different....

ysyap
11-05-12, 07:44
Iris, you mentioned your family plans have changed and you guys might be thinking of selling one property. What is the basis of your change? Coz some say keep both and get rent which might not be your plan. Some say sell LH but if your plan is to get another newer property, then your LH must be able to fetch the price of your new acquisition plus with some spare cash to help with your 2nd FH unit. We are just throwing in suggestions which might not even be near your new plans. Do share more!!! :cool:

Allthepies
11-05-12, 07:46
sell both pc, apply for a new ec and enjoy ur retirement with spare cash on hand and to go for holidays.

ysyap
11-05-12, 07:57
If it helps, take an equity loan on your LH property and get another smaller and cheaper FH. Rent out 2 units and stay in 1 yourself. Get 2x rental to service 2 properties.... :cheers1:

irisng
11-05-12, 08:25
Barang2? U mean u hubby n kids ah

No lah, how can I treat my hubby and kids as "barang barang".:D I mean those household things etc lor.

chiaberry
11-05-12, 08:30
sell both pc, apply for a new ec and enjoy ur retirement with spare cash on hand and to go for holidays.

If it were me, I would do the above.....perhaps a dual-key EC so that you can rent the sub-unit or let your children and their spouse stay if needed.

Or else a 3 or 4-room HDB and use the balance to invest another private condo with better attributes than those you have.

irisng
11-05-12, 08:44
How much can your LH condo fetch at current market price? If you sell, would you be looking for a replacement property? If you are, then maybe a good way to go through the thought process is to look at what kind of replacement property you can get with the sum from the sale of the LH (after deducting agent fees, legal fees etc), and then factor in the stamp duty arising from the fresh sale.

Personally, I do not think that either property is ideal. 20 year LH has very limited upside, and if you keep for another 20-25 years, chances are you may have difficulty finding a buyer given the financing granted by banks on a condo with 60 years left on its lease may be constrained. Chances of enbloc may also be limited especially if there are many units involved. However, the saving grace of the LH is that it is a good sized unit, and as time goes by, such units would get fewer. With some refresh given to it every few years, you should be able to find tenants.

The second FH property is very small and west facing. Tough enough to stay in a small unit with small rooms (which means it may be tough to find tenants), not to mention that it faces west. The west sun is really formidable. Coupled with a small unit, the heat can be stifling (I grew up in a 5 room HDB that faces west). Even at 1300sqft, it felt like being baked in an oven on most days.

Personally I would sell both, and hold a FH in CCR (or RCR at best) that is of a good size of 1200sqft or more. But it makes sense to have a constant stream of income after you retire. Hence it may not be a bad idea to still hold onto the LH and rent it out for a steady source of income (if the sums do not work out). As for the FH, if you can swop it for something better, that may be a good idea.

Currently, my LH ppty can fetch about $800+k. Actually I'm looking for a replacement also but my husband dislike the idea. He said we are no longer young, he doesn't want to commit any further loan. His idea is either to rent out or sell away our LH ppty and stay at our FH, which is smaller as he said no point staying in such a big space when there are only 2 of us in future.

irisng
11-05-12, 08:46
If it were me, I would do the above.....perhaps a dual-key EC so that you can rent the sub-unit or let your children and their spouse stay if needed.

Or else a 3 or 4-room HDB and use the balance to invest another private condo with better attributes than those you have.

I'm not eligible to apply any more flats direct from HDB as I had already applied twice.

chiaberry
11-05-12, 09:22
Currently, my LH ppty can fetch about $800+k. Actually I'm looking for a replacement also but my husband dislike the idea. He said we are no longer young, he doesn't want to commit any further loan. His idea is either to rent out or sell away our LH ppty and stay at our FH, which is smaller as he said no point staying in such a big space when there are only 2 of us in future.

Are your kids so close to getting married? What are you going to do with them in the meantime? Very squeezy for you in the MM unless you already have no kids at home now.

rattydrama
11-05-12, 09:25
If u are particular about common areas, many 20year old condo do not have enough sinking fund to rejuvenate the such areas, only do the normal maintenance, minor repairs and a fresh coat of paint every few years. Even if renovate the interior very nice, once step out your unit, back to reality...surrounding is different....

base on your experience, would it be better to buy condo with more units say 500units and above then able to accumulate more sinking funds to fund those one off maintenance? eg. changing of pumps etc and facade repair.

rattydrama
11-05-12, 09:28

Yes, EC location is good for some and layout is nice and ease to pocket :-) cannot get FH at least nr to amenities and mrt... value still can preserve somehow.

chiaberry
11-05-12, 09:30
I'm not eligible to apply any more flats direct from HDB as I had already applied twice.

If you sell both properties, then you can buy HDB resale right?

I believe you still might be able to get decent size 4-room HDB for ard 500K+ in Bishan (Sin Ming Avenue blocks 44x). These are the older type HDB ard 103 sq m. The location is central in Singapore and you and your kids can get anywhere easily with public transport. Some of them are door-to-door units and they are undergoing lift upgrading. The environment is not as "rough" as some other HDB estates as there are lots of families there with kids attending sch in the vicinity. In my opinion, these are reasonably priced compared to other areas in Bishan and other areas in Singapore.

Maintenance of HDB flats is cheaper/easier than an ageing PC.

chiaberry
11-05-12, 09:35
base on your experience, would it be better to buy condo with more units say 500units and above then able to accumulate more sinking funds to fund those on off maintenance? eg. changing of pumps etc and facade repair.

I think you cannot generalise on this. It is possible for big and old PC estates have large sinking fund but unless the Management Committee vote unanimously on the improvements, they will not get off the ground. There could be a lot of in-fighting in the MC.

land118
11-05-12, 09:39
base on your experience, would it be better to buy condo with more units say 500units and above then able to accumulate more sinking funds to fund those on off maintenance? eg. changing of pumps etc and facade repair.
Personally, I prefer condo between 100 to 300 units. Too few units, no economy of scale. Anything spoilt, ask contractors, they may charge u higher price if job is small. If too many units in condo, high usage of facilities,etc, surely one would expect more frequent maintenance and repair work, faster wear and tear. Personally, I avoid condo more than 500 units, just feel that too many people and crowded especially on weekend.

As for management of sinking fund, it is important that the right people are voted into the Management committee and they prudent with the funds.:2cents:

rattydrama
11-05-12, 09:42
I think you cannot generalise on this. It is possible for big and old PC estates have large sinking fund but unless the Management Committee vote unanimously on the improvements, they will not get off the ground. There could be a lot of in-fighting in the MC.

in-fighting yes agree, it happens often from what I read. Mandarin garden is the classic case but its a different issue.

it might be a complex issue as some owner might be waiting for en-bloc so voted against it.

chiaberry
11-05-12, 09:47
If the estate is big (500+) and old, then the situation is v. difficult. There will be a divide between owners who wish to go en-bloc and those who wish to stay (bigger units/good location). In the end it's a stalemate between the 2 camps. Those who are waiting for en bloc will not vote for using maintenance fund to upgrade estate and those who wish to stay will not vote for en bloc.

ysyap
11-05-12, 09:47
Currently, my LH ppty can fetch about $800+k. Actually I'm looking for a replacement also but my husband dislike the idea. He said we are no longer young, he doesn't want to commit any further loan. His idea is either to rent out or sell away our LH ppty and stay at our FH, which is smaller as he said no point staying in such a big space when there are only 2 of us in future.Why not take equity loan and let the rent of 2 properties service 2 mortgage loan, one from equity, one from your current FH. No commitment in that sense from own pocket. Then when you guys decide its time to cash out coz market is good, then just elope with the cash... lol. In the mean time, just live on your current income. No worries on the loans coz taken care already... :cheers5: The $8xxk valuation of your LH can maybe get $600k loan. Buy a studio lor. Just my opinion! :cool:

roly8
11-05-12, 10:17

if you are 50yr old, can be in the half-retirement mood.. probably work for fun & also have a condo to collect rent.. enjoy the fruit of your labour..

then when you hit 65 or more, you can relax and take care of your grandson/daughter.. :D

many forumers here are obsess with material but remember we can't bring anything with us when we die... :o

probably leave something for your children but not everything..do not spoonfeed your children.. look at how warren buffet treat his children..never give a single cent to his children in his will. :D

carbuncle
11-05-12, 12:32

Oh household plans change means u kids get married off?....????? Congrats leh

carbuncle
11-05-12, 12:34
base on your experience, would it be better to buy condo with more units say 500units and above then able to accumulate more sinking funds to fund those one off maintenance? eg. changing of pumps etc and facade repair.

I tink the magic number is ard 200++ units. Decent funds, econ of scale, not too crowded....

ikan bilis
11-05-12, 12:37
alamak... heard quite some very cham people who cannot afford hdb flats... sigh... :scared-3:
but hor, owns 2 condos also can give headache ??... :banghead:

carbuncle
11-05-12, 12:37
if you are 50yr old, can be in the half-retirement mood.. probably work for fun & also have a condo to collect rent.. enjoy the fruit of your labour..

then when you hit 65 or more, you can relax and take care of your grandson/daughter.. :D

many forumers here are obsess with material but remember we can't bring anything with us when we die... :o

probably leave something for your children but not everything..do not spoonfeed your children.. look at how warren buffet treat his children..never give a single cent to his children in his will. :D

I not even 40 and already this stage leh.... How....

I see my peers still fighting hard at work in their careers or for money i feel a bit useless leh....

Too early arrive also got problem.... Haiz

I really need to learn to stop comparing and be less competitive (sorry la SAP sch upbringing self induced stressful competition in everything i do)

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 14:09
Why start to downgrade from PC to HDB when one is ageing? One should be enjoying given the limited no. of years ahead.
If you sell both properties, then you can buy HDB resale right?

I believe you still might be able to get decent size 4-room HDB for ard 500K+ in Bishan (Sin Ming Avenue blocks 44x). These are the older type HDB ard 103 sq m. The location is central in Singapore and you and your kids can get anywhere easily with public transport. Some of them are door-to-door units and they are undergoing lift upgrading. The environment is not as "rough" as some other HDB estates as there are lots of families there with kids attending sch in the vicinity. In my opinion, these are reasonably priced compared to other areas in Bishan and other areas in Singapore.

Maintenance of HDB flats is cheaper/easier than an ageing PC.

carbuncle
11-05-12, 14:16
Why start to downgrade from PC to HDB when one is ageing? One should be enjoying given the limited no. of years ahead.

Thought process goes like this...

When u too old:

1. Treadmill walk 5 mins only u chuan liao
2. Swimming pool u cant really swim even one lap
3. Tennis ur joints pain pain or creaking better not risk breaking more stuff
4. Security u gave everything to ur children... Nothing much left to be stolen
5. Carpark u cant even see further than 5m, how to drive

So do u really need or have use for a condo?

A bit extreme i know haha... Coz many still fit n strong into their 70s....

rattydrama
11-05-12, 14:33
If the estate is big (500+) and old, then the situation is v. difficult. There will be a divide between owners who wish to go en-bloc and those who wish to stay (bigger units/good location). In the end it's a stalemate between the 2 camps. Those who are waiting for en bloc will not vote for using maintenance fund to upgrade estate and those who wish to stay will not vote for en bloc.

sometimes, its better to take whatever in the pot now and invest elsewhere rather than waiting matters to settle that is beyond our control.

rattydrama
11-05-12, 14:35
Why not take equity loan and let the rent of 2 properties service 2 mortgage loan, one from equity, one from your current FH. No commitment in that sense from own pocket. Then when you guys decide its time to cash out coz market is good, then just elope with the cash... lol. In the mean time, just live on your current income. No worries on the loans coz taken care already... :cheers5: The $8xxk valuation of your LH can maybe get $600k loan. Buy a studio lor. Just my opinion! :cool:

good idea, but need to buy the right ppty where these days its harder to find. the price also din drop much..

chiaberry
11-05-12, 14:56

You won't be using the facilities much when you're ageing. Somemore the facilities in the ageing condo also maybe cmi.

ysyap
11-05-12, 14:58
good idea, but need to buy the right ppty where these days its harder to find. the price also din drop much..Hard to find but not impossible. Saw quite a few MM at about $600k at ok location... no harm trying lor... :)

ysyap
11-05-12, 15:00
You won't be using the facilities much when you're ageing. Somemore the facilities in the ageing condo also maybe cmi.The pool is good enough for aging folks. If not enough, then climb the stairs... no need for gym or the likes... :cheers5:

ikan bilis
11-05-12, 15:00
Thought process goes like this...

When u too old:

1. Treadmill walk 5 mins only u chuan liao
2. Swimming pool u cant really swim even one lap
3. Tennis ur joints pain pain or creaking better not risk breaking more stuff
4. Security u gave everything to ur children... Nothing much left to be stolen
5. Carpark u cant even see further than 5m, how to drive

So do u really need or have use for a condo?

A bit extreme i know haha... Coz many still fit n strong into their 70s....

:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

nah!... you better stay in condo...
1. Easier to move you around when you are on wheel chair
2. You do not have the strength to shout "help! loan shark harrassment"
3. You got memory problem and more worried of forgotten to lock door, off the kitchen stove
4. Every time you see funerals below at your hdb void deck, you have that feeling of your day is coming closer and closer
5. You cannot find happy old folks relaxing at pool side, at hdb void deck you only listen to old folks complaining about health, inflation, family problems..
6. your grand kids never want to visit you bcoz you got no swmming pool and bbq pit...

... sigh... now me already have that feeling of "my day" coming closer... :scared-3: :scared-3:

carbuncle
11-05-12, 15:06
:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

nah!... you better stay in condo...
1. Easier to move you around when you are on wheel chair
2. You do not have the strength to shout "help! loan shark harrassment"
3. You got memory problem and more worried of forgotten to lock door, off the kitchen stove
4. Every time you see funerals below at your hdb void deck, you have that feeling of your day is coming closer and closer
5. You cannot find happy old folks relaxing at pool side, at hdb void deck you only listen to old folks complaining about health, inflation, family problems..
6. your grand kids never want to visit you bcoz you got no swmming pool and bbq pit...

... sigh... now me already have that feeling of "my day" coming closer... :scared-3: :scared-3:

I like ur avatar.... Is that a killer ikanbilis????

carbuncle
11-05-12, 15:07
The pool is good enough for aging folks. If not enough, then climb the stairs... no need for gym or the likes... :cheers5:

Climb steps bad for joints and heart..

Use the gym stepper machine safer. Can choose ur own elevation and better grip...

Aiyoyyo .... Can u imagine in 30yrs time this forum become SilverHairCondoSingapore.com for us old timers then..l.

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 15:10
I do not see it that way. Imagine anyone can come to your doorstep. A good example will be bogus salesman knocking on your door and selling crystals that give you longer life or healthier life. It make sense to move a smaller unit like a two bedder of about 900sqft but not MM unit. Can get part-time helper to clean up home on alternative weekends. :p Read or surf the net / ipad version x by the pool / park. :D Go to another PC overseas if gets board over here. Rental from all PCs to pay for lifestyle.

You won't be using the facilities much when you're ageing. Somemore the facilities in the ageing condo also maybe cmi.

ikan bilis
11-05-12, 15:11
I like ur avatar.... Is that a killer ikanbilis????

fish also got mutant-X ... :cool:

land118
11-05-12, 16:38
fish also got mutant-X ... :cool:
Bro ikan bilis your avatar pic super fierce, look like have teeth of piranha la..:scared-3:

ikan bilis
11-05-12, 18:03
ok,ok,.... later on me will go dr house's clinic, teeth grinding a bit, come back and re-take picture... ;)

irisng
11-05-12, 21:22
alamak... heard quite some very cham people who cannot afford hdb flats... sigh... :scared-3:
but hor, owns 2 condos also can give headache ??... :banghead:

Haven't really own 2 condos yet lah, still "struggling" away to pay for the 2nd one leh.:ashamed1:

irisng
11-05-12, 21:31
Are your kids so close to getting married? What are you going to do with them in the meantime? Very squeezy for you in the MM unless you already have no kids at home now.

That's is just our plan only, won't put into "action" yet, it is nice to get people's opinion. My both children are already 20+ but I prefer them to be financially sound first before setting up a family.

irisng
11-05-12, 21:42

Just like my colleague, she told me that her husband wants to donate all his money to the charity when he dies. I am just wondering, if he dies young, then who is going to take care of his wife (low income) and his 2 schooling daughters.

irisng
11-05-12, 22:02
Why not take equity loan and let the rent of 2 properties service 2 mortgage loan, one from equity, one from your current FH. No commitment in that sense from own pocket. Then when you guys decide its time to cash out coz market is good, then just elope with the cash... lol. In the mean time, just live on your current income. No worries on the loans coz taken care already... :cheers5: The $8xxk valuation of your LH can maybe get $600k loan. Buy a studio lor. Just my opinion! :cool:

Hmm, not bad hor, but will the equity loan interest rate higher than the housing loan?

You mean buy studio direct from the HDB, I don't think I'm eligible leh.

Actually our initial plan is :-
1) keep both ppty, rent out the FH and stay in the LH
2) sell away the FH and still stay in the LH, so that we have lesser commitment.

Now, plans change :-
1) rent out the LH and stay in FH if one of my children get married, then left with 3 of us, so it won't be so squeezy lor.
2) stay in FH and sell away the LH (because LH is getting older) and have some cash in hand to enjoy our retirement like going for a long holidays.
3) like some of the suggestions here, sell both properties and get a better one with good locations.

carbuncle
11-05-12, 22:11
That's is just our plan only, won't put into "action" yet, it is nice to get people's opinion. My both children are already 20+ but I prefer them to be financially sound first before setting up a family.
Still early la.... You too anxious. A good another 10yrs man...

irisng
11-05-12, 22:48
Still early la.... You too anxious. A good another 10yrs man...

Aiya, since my husband told me about his new idea, so no harm trying to discuss and get opinions from all of you lor.:D

Not 10 yrs, maybe 3 to 5 yrs later. Time passes very fast, I can only remember when I was 20+, never realise that I'm so old now, sign......:scared-3: How time flies! But not to worry, I'm still young at heart, haha.:cheers4:

ysyap
11-05-12, 23:01
Hmm, not bad hor, but will the equity loan interest rate higher than the housing loan?

You mean buy studio direct from the HDB, I don't think I'm eligible leh.

Actually our initial plan is :-
1) keep both ppty, rent out the FH and stay in the LH
2) sell away the FH and still stay in the LH, so that we have lesser commitment.

Now, plans change :-
1) rent out the LH and stay in FH if one of my children get married, then left with 3 of us, so it won't be so squeezy lor.
2) stay in FH and sell away the LH (because LH is getting older) and have some cash in hand to enjoy our retirement like going for a long holidays.
3) like some of the suggestions here, sell both properties and get a better one with good locations.In answering your questions, the equity loan will be at similar rates as prevailing housing loans (this is what my banker told me). Also, I'm not suggesting you buy studio direct from HDB. Get a studio PC for about $600k, which is what your LH can provide in terms of equity (80% of current market value). Then rent out 2 units and stay in third unit. 2 rental income to service 2 mortgage loans with maybe a bit of spare cash every month for saving/spending (your choice). Then when the market is right, let go and take $x00 k of profit (although at today's price its highly unlikely but maybe got $150k after 5 years?) for 2 months Euro tour (estimated cost of $30k to $40k) and then come back buy a big car (COE system scrapped by then... :D) and drive to coffee shop for kopi every morning... wah... I also want such a lifestyle! :rolleyes:

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 23:06
Just a thought:

a. Own a few fully-paid up properties to generate passive income to sustain lifestyle when retires (whether early retire or follows national retirement age).

b. Let kids stay in one of them until they get married. Retires in neighbouring country (Malaysia) on the MM2M scheme with passive income from rental of these properties. Can own car at a fraction of the the singapore COE and drive back to Singapore from time to time.

c. Children must buy HDB flats as their first home unless they are not eligible which is good news for them as they are doing well.

d. When pass on, leave the properties to children to supplement their montly salary.

e. These properties are not to be sold.

Is the whole strategy from (a) to (e) viable?

maisonjai
11-05-12, 23:13
I am gunning for (a):gun1:

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 23:15
Sorry, I did not make it clear enough. It is the whole strategy and not just one point only.
I am gunning for (a):gun1:

ysyap
11-05-12, 23:16
Just a thought:

a. Own a few fully-paid up properties to generate passive income to sustain lifestyle when retires (whether early retire or follows national retirement age).

b. Let kids stay in one of them until they get married. Retires in neighbouring country (Malaysia) on the MM2M scheme with passive income from rental of these properties. Can own car at a fraction of the the singapore COE and drive back to Singapore from time to time.

c. Children must buy HDB flats as their first home unless they are not eligible which is good news for them as they are doing well.

d. When pass on, leave the properties to children to supplement their montly salary.

Is the whole strategy from (a) to (e) viable?(a) might be tough for the general public. How many is a few? (c) and (d) will be impossible if one has no children... can pass on to other family members? :rolleyes:

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 23:19
Looking of at least 5 properties. I am talking about those with children.
(a) might be tough for the general public. How many is a few? (c) and (d) will be impossible if one has no children... can pass on to other family members? :rolleyes:

maisonjai
11-05-12, 23:31
If can achieve (a) then MM2H (b) not necessary liao right. I will never promise (d) to my kiddo.
You guys ever though this, we plan so much but 1 day if ur son grow up & fall for a foreign meimei, cheated out of everything. Kaboom everything vanished. :scared-4:
Don't say never hor, many uncles cpf also evaporated.

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 23:36
There is something call the TRUST.
If can achieve (a) then MM2H (b) not necessary liao right. I will never promise (d) to my kiddo.
You guys ever though this, we plan so much but 1 day if ur son grow up & fall for a foreign meimei, cheated out of everything. Kaboom everything vanished. :scared-4:

carbuncle
11-05-12, 23:42
Aiya, since my husband told me about his new idea, so no harm trying to discuss and get opinions from all of you lor.:D

Not 10 yrs, maybe 3 to 5 yrs later. Time passes very fast, I can only remember when I was 20+, never realise that I'm so old now, sign......:scared-3: How time flies! But not to worry, I'm still young at heart, haha.:cheers4:
Say... Were you an NUSAF? You sound like someone I knew...

maisonjai
11-05-12, 23:45
There is something call the TRUST.
Ya but it also mean we don't trust their judgement. Anyway still some time to go, worry later.

carbuncle
11-05-12, 23:47
Looking of at least 5 properties. I am talking about those with children.
For me single 2 fully paid is more than enough... I live a kopitiam lifestyle...

DC33_2008
11-05-12, 23:49
We cannot control a lot of things. There are always risks but just to reduce them. It is never early to plan as life is unpredictable. It is better to plan than wait for surprises especially bad ones.
Ya but it also mean we don't trust their judgement. Anyway still some time to go, worry later.

maisonjai
11-05-12, 23:55
For me single 2 fully paid is more than enough... I live a kopitiam lifestyle...
2 enough very vague leh, if that "1" is a GCB generating a lot of milk / mth wor.

carbuncle
11-05-12, 23:58
2 enough very vague leh, if that "1" is a GCB generating a lot of milk / mth wor.
I am lactose intolerant.

maisonjai
11-05-12, 23:59
We cannot control a lot of things. There are always risks but just to reduce them. It is never early to plan as life is unpredictable. It is better to plan than wait for surprises especially bad ones.
Fully agree. :cheers4:
Sekali I am the one that fall for a china meimei..kekeke

maisonjai
12-05-12, 00:08
I am lactose intolerant.
hope u are pulling my leg & not a medical condition. ;)

carbuncle
12-05-12, 00:15
hope u are pulling my leg & not a medical condition. ;)
Most Asian adults are what... By right.

fclim
12-05-12, 00:46

You may need ur bigger unit to accommodate ur extended family when they come home for dinner once or twice a month...Or grandchildren stay over during school hols.

roly8
12-05-12, 09:29
Just like my colleague, she told me that her husband wants to donate all his money to the charity when he dies. I am just wondering, if he dies young, then who is going to take care of his wife (low income) and his 2 schooling daughters.

can always adjust the will from time to time as your children grow up lor...
:o

if children < 20yr , still keep some money for them as backup

if children started working, then can probably re-adjust will again :D

newbie11
12-05-12, 09:51

equity loan int rate depends on the prevailing package you take up with the bank.

irisng
12-05-12, 13:18
In answering your questions, the equity loan will be at similar rates as prevailing housing loans (this is what my banker told me). Also, I'm not suggesting you buy studio direct from HDB. Get a studio PC for about $600k, which is what your LH can provide in terms of equity (80% of current market value). Then rent out 2 units and stay in third unit. 2 rental income to service 2 mortgage loans with maybe a bit of spare cash every month for saving/spending (your choice). Then when the market is right, let go and take $x00 k of profit (although at today's price its highly unlikely but maybe got $150k after 5 years?) for 2 months Euro tour (estimated cost of $30k to $40k) and then come back buy a big car (COE system scrapped by then... :D) and drive to coffee shop for kopi every morning... wah... I also want such a lifestyle! :rolleyes:

Wow, what a beautiful dream! Buying 3rd ppty have to pay extra stamp duty leh.:banghead: BTW, what is the difference between studio PC and MM units?

irisng
12-05-12, 13:21
Just a thought:

If I have extra money, I'll invest in ppty but money not enough leh.:scared-3:

BTW, does the HDB ceilling income includes the monthly commission or just based on basic pay?

irisng
12-05-12, 13:30
Just a thought:

(d) & (e). Who knows by the time when we are not around, they sold off the ppty immediately. I met a few cases, once their parents not around, they sold the ppty straight away and shared among the siblings (if no will written who to take over the ppty) or keep all the cash himself (if he is the only child) as everyone of them has their own ppty.

irisng
12-05-12, 13:39

That I agree, never promise anything until your last day and don't let them know your plan for them . Let them "strike" for their own careers if possible:2cents: . My uncle was a very good example, kenna chased out after his son taken possession of his ppty and his son was a "U" graduate. In this world, anything can happen.

new2mondrian
12-05-12, 13:41
Hi Iris,

My view just for your reference:

1) if your 1400sqft LH can fetch about $800+k, my advice is don't sell. After deducting agent and conveyancing fees for the sale, and including stamp duty arising from the fresh purchase of the replacement property, what you can buy is at best a $700k property. Based on today's prices, it will still be a studio in the OCR. Doesn't make sense really to trade a OCR 1400sqft property for a OCR studio. For the former, you should be able to find tenants readily, given unit sizes will only shrink over time. Your tenant pool will also be more diverse. You can accomodate families with kids, tenants who are co-sharing with friends. I am not sure about the rentability of smallish studio units over the longer term. The supply will go up, but the demand from expats may be stagnant.

2) your 500+ sqft is already an investment property. Why not try tenanting that out for a while. My view is that capital preservation is important post-retirement. If your hubby has his reservations over committing a further loan, i think it would be good to have an honest conversation between the 2 if you think otherwise. A marriage is a long term partnership. It may cause unnecessary tension/friction if you take on further loans (eg an equity loan) for purchase of more properties or a larger property, only to have the market going down after that decision and see yourselves saddled with loans and worse still, be in a negative equity position. If you are in your 30s, I'd say it is fine to take a long term view with a higher risk appetite after balancing out your current fiscal position and commitments. But if you are near retirement, maybe a shorter term view and a lower risk appetite may be wise. After all, at current housing prices, there may be very limited upside whilst downside risks remain more significant.

Hope the above helps.

irisng
12-05-12, 13:50
Say... Were you an NUSAF? You sound like someone I knew...

Don't pretend lah.

Tell you 1 joke, when I was at my late 20s', one day, while walking on the street towards the MRT, a man approached me and asked me whether my name was "so and so", instead of telling him "no", I told him that I was married, he quickly said "oh, sorry, I got the wrong person", haha.

irisng
12-05-12, 13:56
You may need ur bigger unit to accommodate ur extended family when they come home for dinner once or twice a month...Or grandchildren stay over during school hols.

Haha, let's what I told my husband too,:cheers4: but I missed out the grandchildren part.:banghead:

carbuncle
12-05-12, 13:57
Don't pretend lah.

Tell you 1 joke, when I was at my late 20s', one day, while walking on the street towards the MRT, a man approached me and asked me whether my name was "so and so", instead of telling him "no", I told him that I was married, he quickly said "oh, sorry, I got the wrong person", haha.
No la... I really worked alongside a Mdm Iris back in NS la and you sound like her... Anyway late 20s already got MRT, you cant be too old ba wakakakaka definitely 40plus

price
12-05-12, 14:06
No la... I really worked alongside a Mdm Iris back in NS la and you sound like her... Anyway late 20s already got MRT, you cant be too old ba wakakakaka definitely 40plus
40+ is young, how old is old? :D

minority
12-05-12, 14:12
What if u have 4 PC?

irisng
12-05-12, 14:21

The 1st MRT station started in 1987 (if I'm not wrong), my son was born in the same year, hehe.

price
12-05-12, 14:42
The 1st MRT station started in 1987 (if I'm not wrong), my son was born in the same year, hehe.
omg ur son is as old as me. maybe we know each other? which school was he from?:scared-1:

irisng
12-05-12, 14:56
Hi Iris,

My view just for your reference:

1) if your 1400sqft LH can fetch about $800+k, my advice is don't sell. After deducting agent and conveyancing fees for the sale, and including stamp duty arising from the fresh purchase of the replacement property, what you can buy is at best a $700k property. Based on today's prices, it will still be a studio in the OCR. Doesn't make sense really to trade a OCR 1400sqft property for a OCR studio. For the former, you should be able to find tenants readily, given unit sizes will only shrink over time. Your tenant pool will also be more diverse. You can accomodate families with kids, tenants who are co-sharing with friends. I am not sure about the rentability of smallish studio units over the longer term. The supply will go up, but the demand from expats may be stagnant.

2) your 500+ sqft is already an investment property. Why not try tenanting that out for a while. My view is that capital preservation is important post-retirement. If your hubby has his reservations over committing a further loan, i think it would be good to have an honest conversation between the 2 if you think otherwise. A marriage is a long term partnership. It may cause unnecessary tension/friction if you take on further loans (eg an equity loan) for purchase of more properties or a larger property, only to have the market going down after that decision and see yourselves saddled with loans and worse still, be in a negative equity position. If you are in your 30s, I'd say it is fine to take a long term view with a higher risk appetite after balancing out your current fiscal position and commitments. But if you are near retirement, maybe a shorter term view and a lower risk appetite may be wise. After all, at current housing prices, there may be very limited upside whilst downside risks remain more significant.

Hope the above helps.

Thank you so much everybody for all the precious advise. I gather quite a lots of opinions and views from this thread. It will definitely help me with my decisions.

Wa, my husband has the same idea as you, he also said we are not longer young, don't want to take the risk to commit any more loan. Buying a 3rd ppty is impossible given our age now unless we strike lottery lor, hehe. :spliff:

Don't worry, if my husband can't give way to me, then I'll give way to him.:cool:

irisng
12-05-12, 14:58
omg ur son is as old as me. maybe we know each other? which school was he from?:scared-1:

Wow, you are so young ah!:scared-1: Very capable leh, have you own ppty already, my son haven't even stepped into "this world" yet.:ashamed1:

roly8
12-05-12, 15:00
Wow, you are so young ah!:scared-1: Very capable leh, have you own ppty already, my son haven't even step into "this world" yet.:ashamed1:

he will be shocked to know he need 30yr to pay for a hdb box :D
unless he earn $10k/mo la

irisng
12-05-12, 15:13
he will be shocked to know he need 30yr to pay for a hdb box :D
unless he earn $10k/mo la

That's right and given the current balloting system, don't know when you will be able to get the flat unless you are very lucky. My son thought of applying for Clementi BTO but seeing that the price is so high, he went for Bt Batok instead, but unfortunately, he didn't get it, needs to pay another $10 for the next ballot. Don't know he needs to pay how many more $10 before he can get a chance to select the flat. It is like a gambling game.:D

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:48
That's right and given the current balloting system, don't know when you will be able to get the flat unless you are very lucky. My son thought of applying for Clementi BTO but seeing that the price is so high, he went for Bt Batok instead, but unfortunately, he didn't get it, needs to pay another $10 for the next ballot. Don't know he needs to pay how many more $10 before he can get a chance to select the flat. It is like a gambling game.:D
Bt Batok... I would say, FORTUNATELY he did not get it. ;-)

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:52
75 lor. Retirement age.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:54
You rabbit!!??? Omg so cute and fluffy (and euphemism for gay...)

new2mondrian
12-05-12, 17:15
Wow, you are so young ah!:scared-1: Very capable leh, have you own ppty already, my son haven't even stepped into "this world" yet.:ashamed1:

I am impressed! My sister is born ard 87 as well, and she has just started work and haven't got any savings yet! And for you guys, your kid or yourself are already getting your first property! That's fast!

carbuncle
12-05-12, 18:02
i actually think mediacorp can make a sell out sitcom movie about the forummers here... so colorful characters n all so lively

irisng
12-05-12, 23:31
Bt Batok... I would say, FORTUNATELY he did not get it. ;-)

Mind to share the reason?

He likes the design and balcony and also the carpark below the blocks.

price
12-05-12, 23:45
I am impressed! My sister is born ard 87 as well, and she has just started work and haven't got any savings yet! And for you guys, your kid or yourself are already getting your first property! That's fast!
I started my official work not too long ago too! Did my degree during army to save time.

irisng
12-05-12, 23:46

When I was in my 20+ and if someone mentioned to me that he was already in his 40+, I would think that he is old but when I reached 40+, then I realised that actually at this age, it was not really that old leh. When I reach my current age and saw my colleague in their mid 40, still so energetic and lively, so I can conclude that 40+ is not really that old lor.:cheers1:

price
12-05-12, 23:48

IF i can qualify to buy BTO, i will go for the recent launched Macpherson ones (greatest potential i feel). Get a 3-room HDB clear the 5 years MOP and start buying PCs again.

caruncle probably thinks bt batok is too far. cap gain is limited.

price
12-05-12, 23:49
When I was in my 20+ and if someone mentioned to me that he was already in his 40+, I would think that he is old but when I reached 40+, then I realised that actually at this age, it was not really that old leh. When I reach my current age and saw my colleague in their mid 40, still so energetic and lively, so I can conclude that 40+ is not really that old lor.:cheers1:
thats great! i have a long way more! hopefully by 40+ i am still alive and healthy investing in more properties! even overseas one :D:cheers5:

irisng
12-05-12, 23:56
IF i can qualify to buy BTO, i will go for the recent launched Macpherson ones (greatest potential i feel). Get a 3-room HDB clear the 5 years MOP and start buying PCs again.

caruncle probably thinks bt batok is too far. cap gain is limited.

Is that the one that is near to Kallang, but everytime has to pass by the gantry isn't it.:ashamed1:

irisng
12-05-12, 23:58
thats great! i have a long way more! hopefully by 40+ i am still alive and healthy investing in more properties! even overseas one :D:cheers5:

Good luck to you.:)

kane
13-05-12, 00:06

Encourage your son either go for punggol that is up and coming or the mature estates. 1 cent money 1 cent goods.

price
13-05-12, 00:34
Is that the one that is near to Kallang, but everytime has to pass by the gantry isn't it.:ashamed1:
yes, outside Macpherson MRT! after paya lebar hub is complete + MOP ends, just nice to rent out and buy new PC! :D:cheers5:

Kane is right, stick to matured estates unless punggol. Even punggol, dont get the LRT ones.

irisng
13-05-12, 00:40
yes, outside Macpherson MRT! after paya lebar hub is complete + MOP ends, just nice to rent out and buy new PC! :D:cheers5:

Kane is right, stick to matured estates unless punggol. Even punggol, dont get the LRT ones.

Thank you.

carbuncle
13-05-12, 00:49

Unless very near mrt, I think the hdb there value never really rose a lot...

price
13-05-12, 00:53
Unless very near mrt, I think the hdb there value never really rose a lot...

Bt Batok / Bt Gombak seldom hear much about that area. any potential development? buy lakeside better!

chiaberry
13-05-12, 00:54
I started my official work not too long ago too! Did my degree during army to save time.

Wow you are really enterprising! If I were younger and single, I would ask you for a date! Surprised you are still free to come to this forum and not having a queue of SYT tempting you to go out with them. ;)

price
13-05-12, 01:02
Wow you are really enterprising! If I were younger and single, I would ask you for a date! Surprised you are still free to come to this forum and not having a queue of SYT tempting you to go out with them. ;)
im seeing someone! :D just came home from my date

chiaberry
13-05-12, 01:13
im seeing someone! :D just came home from my date

Congrats. :D You have exceeded the ceiling for a BTO already or not? (if you manage to find someone to apply with)

price
13-05-12, 01:20
Congrats. :D You have exceeded the ceiling for a BTO already or not? (if you manage to find someone to apply with)
when i started property investment, i didnt think i will get married anytime soon (was single when i started to research). so now i guess BTO is out of the question. if i sell anything i'll incur hefty SSD :banghead:

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 07:38
when i started property investment, i didnt think i will get married anytime soon (was single when i started to research). so now i guess BTO is out of the question. if i sell anything i'll incur hefty SSD :banghead:
You are not alone.:beats-me-man:

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:51
when i started property investment, i didnt think i will get married anytime soon (was single when i started to research). so now i guess BTO is out of the question. if i sell anything i'll incur hefty SSD :banghead:That means you bought your properties only in the last 1.5 years?

rattydrama
13-05-12, 12:51
That means you bought your properties only in the last 1.5 years?

Got profit liao. haha... in fact 1.5 years ago, pple are also saying ppty will drop further.

roly8
13-05-12, 12:52
me got no pc and no bto..

consider very virgin :ashamed1::ashamed1:

rattydrama
13-05-12, 15:18

pls make the best use of your virginity when young. :p :p if too old, bank loan tenure could be effected.

irisng
13-05-12, 20:01

But have landed is it?:cool:

irisng
13-05-12, 20:06
pls make the best use of your virginity when young. :p :p if too old, bank loan tenure could be effected.

Yup, a bit regret, didn't invest in ppty when young, no guts lor.

roly8
13-05-12, 21:15
But have landed is it?:cool:

think too highly of me la...

dream is still landed lor..

me going to hit 30 soon ..:o

GForce
13-05-12, 21:53
think too highly of me la...

dream is still landed lor..

me going to hit 30 soon ..:o
never too late to start ! worst case scenario or most regrettable is never start at all!

irisng
14-05-12, 08:57
never too late to start ! worst case scenario or most regrettable is never start at all!

But still have to buy within your means. Don't stretch too hard.:2cents:

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 09:08
Some people are gunho if you look at the dead Ferrari driver from PRC who probably a muli-millionaire lin early 30s thru property & stock investments. Important to be a smart investor & know when to halt or even pull-back.

hyenergix
14-05-12, 09:15
A lot of stories how e rich PRCs got e money in e 1st place to invest. Becoming a multimillionaire in Singapore in early 30s is quite impossible for a guy unless u r born into a rich family.

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 11:21
It is true but it is not impossible. It is how badly you want to be a millionaire. Are you having a mindset of a millionaire. It will be uncomfortable & challenging. How many of such people with such attitude. We are actually all winners as we have fought with millionaire of sperms before swimming to the egg and conceived. It is the environment that shapes us besides our DNA. :)
A lot of stories how e rich PRCs got e money in e 1st place to invest. Becoming a multimillionaire in Singapore in early 30s is quite impossible for a guy unless u r born into a rich family.

proper-t
14-05-12, 12:14
It is true but it is not impossible. It is how badly you want to be a millionaire. Are you having a mindset of a millionaire. It will be uncomfortable & challenging. How many of such people with such attitude. We are actually all winners as we have fought with millionaire of sperms before swimming to the egg and conceived. It is the environment that shapes us besides our DNA. :)

Haha...so we are all 'RICH' because we have a few billion in our sperm Bank....

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 12:15
Well! If yours are quality ones. :)
Haha...so we are all 'RICH' because we have a few billion in our sperm Bank....

carbuncle
14-05-12, 12:41
钱生钱。没钱生屁!!!

ysyap
14-05-12, 12:47
钱生钱。没钱生屁!!!Those who are careless can also money lose money... Lol!

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 12:51
Someone gains is someone losts, Most investments eg. Stocks, properties, etc., are like this.
Those who are careless can also money lose money... Lol!

GForce
14-05-12, 12:59
But still have to buy within your means. Don't stretch too hard.:2cents:
Totally agree! But I think current climate of low interest rate will get many people into a trap when the rate finally rises! Coz not all will pre-empt for that!

carbuncle
14-05-12, 13:48
Those who are careless can also money lose money... Lol!
没钱怎么输钱啊??!

irisng
14-05-12, 18:53
Totally agree! But I think current climate of low interest rate will get many people into a trap when the rate finally rises! Coz not all will pre-empt for that!

To be very frank, when I bought my 1st ppty, I didn't look at the interest rate, I'm only interested in the final purchase price to make sure that I could afford it.:ashamed1: You know, I paid 5% interest for my 1st housing loan, never know so high at that time.:banghead:

amk
14-05-12, 20:17
Becoming a multimillionaire in Singapore in early 30s is quite impossible for a guy unless u r born into a rich family.

Not true. U dun need to be born into a rich family. U need a very good paying and steady job at the very early stage, and have the guts to take positions. Especially properties. Those born around 77/78 in fact had a very good time window to get rich via properties. The entire period of 2001 to 2006, almost any private pty bought then can have a huge profit in 2007, and now

carbuncle
14-05-12, 20:22
To be very frank, when I bought my 1st ppty, I didn't look at the interest rate, I'm only interested in the final purchase price to make sure that I could afford it.:ashamed1: You know, I paid 5% interest for my 1st housing loan, never know so high at that time.:banghead:
I was paying 4.5%.... But very very happy and thinking will live there die there.

ysyap
14-05-12, 20:35
没钱怎么输钱啊??!父母留下来的钱. :D

ysyap
14-05-12, 20:42
I was paying 4.5%.... But very very happy and thinking will live there die there.So I assume you are still staying in that property? :spliff:

carbuncle
14-05-12, 21:28
So I assume you are still staying in that property? :spliff:
Cashed out long ago....

hyenergix
19-05-12, 07:34

Some juicy rumours for u, in response to ur reply on e Ferrari driver's capability in investment. Rumours only :p

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?94020-PRC-journalist-Ma-Chi-is-a-son-of-Ma-Kai-a-senior-communist-official-in-China