PDA

View Full Version : Luxurious apartment no longer exclusive to CCR?

Ringo33
08-05-12, 17:35
Are we seeing a trend whereby luxury apartments are starting to spread to OCR and this will eventually set a benchmark for condo lifestyle in OCR?

rattydrama
08-05-12, 17:38
ocr is doing a catch up now as ccr running too fast. the time ccr price to cheong will come.

Jonathan0503
08-05-12, 17:40
One of the criteria of luxurious condo is it must be in a prime and exclusive location.

Mass market condo in OCR or close to hdb will not fit the bill

teddybear
08-05-12, 17:44
Yes, you are right. We are seeing more sign of developers terming their OCR properties as "luxury condos" (as you can see, "term" only), with homongeneous tiles in living and dinning rooms, small piece parquets or "better" still laminates in the bedrooms, and very small bedrooms that are super cosy for 1 person's living-in, very big air-con ledges and balconies even for a 2 bedders of <900 sqft. All these are the benchmark of OCR "luxury condos" - luxury in terms of spaces in balconies, air-con ledge areas; and super "efficient" (so small that there are very little space to clean if you don't understand what is "efficient" here) for bedrooms & living room spaces. :p

Are we seeing a trend whereby luxury apartments are starting to spread to OCR and this will eventually set a benchmark for condo lifestyle in OCR?

Ringo33
08-05-12, 17:54
Yes, you are right. We are seeing more sign of developers terming their OCR properties as "luxury condos" (as you can see, "term" only), with homongeneous tiles in living and dinning rooms, small piece parquets or "better" still laminates in the bedrooms, and very small bedrooms that are super cosy for 1 person's living-in, very big air-con ledges and balconies even for a 2 bedders of <900 sqft. All these are the benchmark of OCR "luxury condos" - luxury in terms of spaces in balconies, air-con ledge areas; and super "efficient" (so small that there are very little space to clean if you don't understand what is "efficient" here) for bedrooms & living room spaces. :p

Space and size will of course be different between CCR and OCR and that is perhaps the reason why CCR properties are not moving. For own stay, I think most deep pocket buyers will still prefer CCR properties.

However with more higher end retails and shops, who previously are only available in CCR, moving towards OCR, i think it is a sign that the USP of CCR properties are beginning to be less obvious. OK, I must qualify that this doesnt include those really exclusive belts in CCR.

CCR
08-05-12, 20:34
If you visit condo in HKG, OCR ones are just as luxurious... in fact their lobby is SO NICE that it put ours to shame...

So I think if OCR prices stay at this elevated level or go up even more, then developers will have to up the X factors with luxury design and fittings.... so I expect more to come...

If you look at the overall property scene, their OCR condo are lux, their OCR mall in certain areas have branded stores like LV and Chanel...

If our population continues, and Jurong LD, Tampines, might move towards that direction, but it will probably take a while more...

Douk
08-05-12, 21:10
Luxurious condos come with luxurious maintenance.