PDA

View Full Version : Landed house less than 2 mil

buttercarp
06-05-12, 22:49
This looks quite good for a small family.
But built in area only 1300sq ft and land only 885 sq ft.
Built in area like the size of old 5 rm HDB flat.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9633386/for-sale-macpherson-garden-estate

buttercarp
06-05-12, 22:53
OMG..... look at this one.:scared-5:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9548957/for-sale-terraced-house-for-sale-opera-estate

How to buy one unit and do A&A when the rest of the units in the same row remain in their original condition!

buttercarp
06-05-12, 22:57
This one not bad.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9592679/for-sale-37-dafne-street

buttercarp
06-05-12, 23:07
This one at Jalan Chegar now negotiable.
Saw this advert a while ago.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8988306/for-sale-31-jalan-chegar

evergreen
06-05-12, 23:17
This looks quite good for a small family.
But built in area only 1300sq ft and land only 885 sq ft.
Built in area like the size of old 5 rm HDB flat.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9633386/for-sale-macpherson-garden-estate

Yellow, yellow, dirty fellow. :tongue3:

This one not bad.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9592679/for-sale-37-dafne-street
The interior design is very ugly :eek:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9548957/for-sale-terraced-house-for-sale-opera-estate

How to buy one unit and do A&A when the rest of the units in the same row remain in their original condition!
My friend bought a very old landed house a few years ago (bought to own the land). The roof collapsed after 1 month.

Lovelle
07-05-12, 08:52
Mulberry oasis adv last fri. 1.2m. Maybe typo

buttercarp
07-05-12, 09:04

Did not see that one!
Likely typo error.
Developer hold on so long already.

bullman
07-05-12, 09:56
Just to update, did not manage to get the Detached for my sister as owner withdrew the unit after I match the asking price. Its been a norm nowadays with landed owners.

bullman
07-05-12, 09:59

This unit is in my watch list for its good value for money, but I prefer more than 2500 sqft land. . I have no vested interest but I think its a good buy given the relatively low quantum of around 1.5M with a reasonable sized land. From what I understand, some developer bought up the whole row for development already. I don't think that it will continue to stay in that condition for long..

bullman
07-05-12, 10:01

Its a "typo". I checked out that unit as well. Just an opportunistic agent trying to get buyers' contacts.

eng81157
07-05-12, 10:29
Yellow, yellow, dirty fellow. :tongue3:

The interior design is very ugly :eek:

My friend bought a very old landed house a few years ago (bought to own the land). The roof collapsed after 1 month.

whoa piang.....no joke. was anyone hurt? your friend didn't get a building guy to evalute the place before purchase?

land118
07-05-12, 10:47
Just to update, did not manage to get the Detached for my sister as owner withdrew the unit after I match the asking price. Its been a norm nowadays with landed owners.Many just test water only...; some owners kena pestered by Agents to list their unit when they don't really have intention to sell...

stl67
07-05-12, 13:12
Its a "typo". I checked out that unit as well. Just an opportunistic agent trying to get buyers' contacts.

i went to see the remaining Oasis units. I am a bit puzzled that the built-in seems small eventhough the agent said the land is 1700+sqft.
my parents-in-law place at villa verde is definitely bigger. some inter only have 4 bed rooms.

buttercarp
07-05-12, 13:29
i went to see the remaining Oasis units. I am a bit puzzled that the built-in seems small eventhough the agent said the land is 1700+sqft.
my parents-in-law place at villa verde is definitely bigger. some inter only have 4 bed rooms.
I tot it looked ok for its size.
Oh, so still have inter terrace. I tot left with corner terrace.
This developer won't budge when it comes to price.
To think they can hold on for so many years!

stl67
07-05-12, 13:47
I tot it looked ok for its size.
Oh, so still have inter terrace. I tot left with corner terrace.
This developer won't budge when it comes to price.
To think they can hold on for so many years!

yah they hold on for 8 yrs. the last time i went to see is about 3mths back.

roly8
07-05-12, 13:49
my dream is a landed and yet near MRT.. ( <500m)

because i don;t like to drive car in small sg:D:D

buttercarp
07-05-12, 13:54
yah they hold on for 8 yrs. the last time i went to see is about 3mths back.

I went there about 1.5 years ago.
The people who went to view drove atas cars like beemer and merc and the ladies carried branded goods.
I was the only one with a humble japanese car.

radha08
07-05-12, 14:05
This one at Jalan Chegar now negotiable.
Saw this advert a while ago.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/8988306/for-sale-31-jalan-chegar

At least agent is honest he says good for a couple

radha08
07-05-12, 14:07
The people who went to view drove atas cars like beemer and merc and the ladies carried branded goods.

Next time call me i join u in my japanese car....:D

radha08
07-05-12, 14:10

But seriously these landed people are RICH my current rented place
Both side neighbour driving porsche in front beemer audi...until today
Never say hi also....see me NO UP
:simmering:

Lovelle
07-05-12, 14:13
the oasis agent is ought to get complaint to the CEA...

buttercarp
07-05-12, 14:14
But seriously these landed people are RICH my current rented place
Both side neighbour driving porsche in front beemer audi...until today
Never say hi also....see me NO UP
:simmering:

You mean the people staying in landed so unfriendly?
Or maybe they tot you won't say hi, so the vicious cycle continue?

Actually in my future place, I already made a future friend. I said hi to the family who bought it on the same day as me. I intend to drop by their place in future to say hi again.:)

evergreen
07-05-12, 15:47
whoa piang.....no joke. was anyone hurt? your friend didn't get a building guy to evalute the place before purchase?
Fortunately, nobody was hurt. :scared-3: That was the only property that they thought was worth buying and they could afford.

radha08
07-05-12, 15:59
You mean the people staying in landed so unfriendly?
Or maybe they tot you won't say hi, so the vicious cycle continue?

Actually in my future place, I already made a future friend. I said hi to the family who bought it on the same day as me. I intend to drop by their place in future to say hi again.:)

ha ha if i can TALK so much in condo forum...i think i am not so unfriendly...anyway...its not as if i be staying here for life...so doesnt bother me..from my experience HDB folks are the warmest and most approachable...but HDB does have its fair share of WEIRDOS...:scared-1:

buttercarp
07-05-12, 17:55
ha ha if i can TALK so much in condo forum...i think i am not so unfriendly...anyway...its not as if i be staying here for life...so doesnt bother me..from my experience HDB folks are the warmest and most approachable...but HDB does have its fair share of WEIRDOS...:scared-1:

No, I think the problem lies with them.
Izit got to go with driving Japanese car?
Some of my neighbours also like that, drive big big car and they never say hi one.
Everytime in lift, head just up in the air.

radha08
07-05-12, 18:54
No, I think the problem lies with them.
Izit got to go with driving Japanese car?
Some of my neighbours also like that, drive big big car and they never say hi one.
Everytime in lift, head just up in the air.

No la actually when i first moved in one of my neighbour asked me how much you bought the house...i told him i RENTING...after that day he never talked to me....:hell-hath-no-fury: ...hope his house price drop to $1PSF...:D :scared-1: :tongue3:

howgozit
07-05-12, 23:01
Don't say like that leh... staying landed and driving a big car does not mean a person is very snobbish. Many staying in private property (esp landed) like it to be just like that... private.

Sometimes being over neighbourly can come across as intrusive. While I think I am a friendly enough person I won't go out of the way to go over to my neighbour's house (whether rented or owned) for a chit chat. The usual "Hi" and "Bye" routine works well enough for me in my neighbourhood.

Too cold?... its ok... I like it just like that. Maybe I am just not that sociable... but it doesn't mean I look down on anybody or anybody is looking down on me (not that I care anyway)

roly8
08-05-12, 10:14
No la actually when i first moved in one of my neighbour asked me how much you bought the house...i told him i RENTING...after that day he never talked to me....:hell-hath-no-fury: ...hope his house price drop to $1PSF...:D :scared-1: :tongue3:

you are not my permanent neighbor meh :D

realestates1
08-05-12, 12:41
Hi
This unit is in my watch list for its good value for money, but I prefer more than 2500 sqft land. . I have no vested interest but I think its a good buy given the relatively low quantum of around 1.5M with a reasonable sized land.
welcomes

ysyap
08-05-12, 15:05
ha ha if i can TALK so much in condo forum...i think i am not so unfriendly...anyway...its not as if i be staying here for life...so doesnt bother me..from my experience HDB folks are the warmest and most approachable...but HDB does have its fair share of WEIRDOS...:scared-1:HDB indeed have many weirdos... Lol!

ysyap
08-05-12, 15:06
No la actually when i first moved in one of my neighbour asked me how much you bought the house...i told him i RENTING...after that day he never talked to me....:hell-hath-no-fury: ...hope his house price drop to $1PSF...:D :scared-1: :tongue3:Yup.. then you offer to buy it from them... :cheers5:

ysyap
08-05-12, 15:10
Don't say like that leh... staying landed and driving a big car does not mean a person is very snobbish. Many staying in private property (esp landed) like it to be just like that... private.

Sometimes being over neighbourly can come across as intrusive. While I think I am a friendly enough person I won't go out of the way to go over to my neighbour's house (whether rented or owned) for a chit chat. The usual "Hi" and "Bye" routine works well enough for me in my neighbourhood.

Too cold?... its ok... I like it just like that. Maybe I am just not that sociable... but it doesn't mean I look down on anybody or anybody is looking down on me (not that I care anyway)Different people have different disposition on such matters. What Radha08 said was his neighbor don't even say hi bye to him... anyway, good to be friendly neighbor coz you never know when you need them. As the Chinese saying goes, 'A far off relative cannot be compared to a nearby neighbor.' :)

bullman
08-05-12, 16:46
Hi
This unit is in my watch list for its good value for money, but I prefer more than 2500 sqft land. . I have no vested interest but I think its a good buy given the relatively low quantum of around 1.5M with a reasonable sized land.
welcomes

Why are you repeating my comments? I guess your intentions are too subtle as I do not get it at all. :beats-me-man:

carbuncle
08-05-12, 17:18

Too cold?... its ok... I like it just like that. Maybe I am just not that sociable... but it doesn't mean I look down on anybody or anybody is looking down on me (not that I care anyway)

I avoid talking to neighbours unless really necessary eg

your panty dropped in my ac ledge, i have picked up and washed with bleach, when u want it back? Can i drop it into your mailbox?

or your doggie is ok? She keep barking late at night... I have good vet to recommend...

or your hubby alright? He looks kind of tired lately, he could use a massage, i m very good at russian massage....

buttercarp
08-05-12, 19:35
I guess in a condo, it is easier to talk to neighbours as the opportunity arises when we take the same lift, or happen to wait for school bus which drop our kids etc.
Also condo got common property, so some issues may prompt us to talk to the neighbours.
However, I can't think of what to talk to then when staying in a landed.
There is hardly anything in common. So maybe radha08, that's why your neighbours do not talk to you.

Blue
10-05-12, 13:44
my dream is a landed and yet near MRT.. ( <500m)

because i don;t like to drive car in small sg:D:D

Got my semi-d (brand new) near MRT (550m or 7 mins walk) :cheers2:

hyenergix
10-05-12, 14:19

Congrats to u. Buy semi-D n take MRT? :scared-5:

bullman
10-05-12, 14:22

Bought from a builder/developer in D19/20? They are the most realistic and genuine landed sellers in the market now.

stl67
10-05-12, 17:06
Bought from a builder/developer in D19/20? They are the most realistic and genuine landed sellers in the market now.

may i guess. is it sunhuan or something? i saw a few development in D19 and D28.

proper-t
10-05-12, 17:34

Congrats bro....good decision !!!

carbuncle
10-05-12, 18:50

Pictures pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

roly8
10-05-12, 19:25
congrat!!

show pix if you want.. see how is your furnishing like :D

Blue
11-05-12, 13:43
Thanks Bros for the congrats! To answer some of the questions but not with precision:

1) D19
2) One of the reasonably priced developer
3) A pair is newly rebuilt, furnishing wise, can see developer's sincerity eg. marble for living, dining, dry kitchen and bathrooms, lightings, wardrobes, blinds, cabinets, electrical appliances, plants (sky garden), koi pond, granite for carporch are all included...compared with other developers, some dont give marble and granite, not to mention wardrobes, lightings, plants, blinds which are not common to be provided
4) Next door is still up for sale in the region of $4m if any bro keen can pm me for agent contact. Can become neighbours wor
5) Only thing is no pool and lift, but these are high maintenance items too

chiaberry
11-05-12, 13:51
Thanks Bros for the congrats! To answer some of the questions but not with precision:

1) D19
3) A pair is newly rebuilt, furnishing wise, can see developer's sincerity eg. marble for living, dining, dry kitchen and bathrooms, lightings, wardrobes, blinds, cabinets, electrical appliances, plants (sky garden), koi pond, granite for carporch are all included...compared with other developers, some dont give marble and granite, not to mention wardrobes, lightings, plants, blinds which are not common to be provided
4) Next door is still up for sale in the region of $4m if any bro keen can pm me for agent contact. Can become neighbours wor

:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Could you be new neighbours of my parents? My parents's house is in D19. Next door neighbour sold to developer and built a pair of semi-Ds. If the road your semi is on is a cul-de-sac (no through road), then it is very likely......those neighbours are very ngiao. I once got a "love note" on my car when I parked it next to the side of our house telling me not to park there in the future. As if that road belongs to them.

bullman
11-05-12, 14:21

1) D19

I guess that you bought one of the pair at Tai Keng gardens. That's a good buy IMO, developer is definitely reasonable in asking and generous in fittings. Hopefully, you managed to secure a good price.

ysyap
11-05-12, 15:13
:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Could you be new neighbours of my parents? My parents's house is in D19. Next door neighbour sold to developer and built a pair of semi-Ds. If the road your semi is on is a cul-de-sac (no through road), then it is very likely......those neighbours are very ngiao. I once got a "love note" on my car when I parked it next to the side of our house telling me not to park there in the future. As if that road belongs to them.Just say Rochdale Road lah... some neighbors there are indeed q ngiao! My brother in law's car kana scratched when he parked at where some people just like to find fault... :scared-4:

chiaberry
11-05-12, 15:22
Just say Rochdale Road lah... some neighbors there are indeed q ngiao! My brother in law's car kana scratched when he parked at where some people just like to find fault... :scared-4:

Bro Blue better make sure you park your car inside your compound and tell your guests to park elsewhere in case kana scratched. :tongue3:

ysyap
11-05-12, 15:51
Bro Blue better make sure you park your car inside your compound and tell your guests to park elsewhere in case kana scratched. :tongue3:The scratched incident did not happen along that road but inside at Tai Keng Gardens... :rolleyes:

land118
11-05-12, 16:08
Bro Blue, if your neighbours are also 'ngiao', be prepared to arm yourselves with those dustbins and "chope" space outside your house. Best also get another recycle bin, so u have 2 bins...:D

chiaberry
11-05-12, 16:19
I don't think there's anywhere you can safely chope unless it's in your own driveway. Your neighbour could be a gangster/triad member/ah-long. :scared-4:

land118
11-05-12, 16:29
I don't think there's anywhere you can safely chope unless it's in your own driveway. Your neighbour could be a gangster/triad member/ah-long. :scared-4:
Maybe need to get fierce dog like Rottweiler to guard the bins...:D

Blue
11-05-12, 17:02
Hello bros, u all damn hilarious, i had the experience b4 at Rochdale when i parked my car along the road of the opp hse when the old man came out of his hse shouting and demanding my car to be moved away. I was there to view the new pair of semi-ds. And no, i didnt get Rochdale bec of lack of amenities plus developer didnt give marble, cabinets, wardrobes which shld be a standard nowadays. Further it is not within 550m walk to mrt. :)
i wont face parking issues with neighbours as there are no hses opposite! Neither does any other car dare to park near my hse as it is guarded by double yellow lines!

land118
11-05-12, 17:17
Hello bros, u all damn hilarious, i had the experience b4 at Rochdale when i parked my car along the road of the opp hse when the old man came out of his hse shouting and demanding my car to be moved away. I was there to view the new pair of semi-ds. And no, i didnt get Rochdale bec of lack of amenities plus developer didnt give marble, cabinets, wardrobes which shld be a standard nowadays. Further it is not within 550m walk to mrt. :)
i wont face parking issues with neighbours as there are no hses opposite! Neither does any other car dare to park near my hse as it is guarded by double yellow lines!
Bro, perhaps Kovan Heartland mall will be your closest new hangout...:D

carbuncle
11-05-12, 17:19

1) D19

I know liao.... Tampines Rd/Jln Teliti area

buttercarp
11-05-12, 17:57
OMG.... are landed people so ngiao and petty over carpark?
U all make me so scared to live in landed property.:scared-5:

land118
11-05-12, 18:04
U all make me so scared to live in landed property.:scared-5:Normally, landed inside park 1-2 cars, and depending on the length/width of your frontage, u probably can park another 1-2 cars outside. So if u want to leave the space in front of your gate clear so that carS parked inside can drive out w/o shifting, mean outside u less 1 car. So normally if u have 6 or more driving guests to your place..., no choice they may have to park outside your neighbours' house frontage..., so good to at least be a "hi" and "bye" neighbour, so when your guests, they won't be so ngiao and vice versa...

lajia
11-05-12, 18:11

U drive and yet u want to be near to MRT....u like the noise??:D

Get another 500m to 1km away and maybe with the money saved u can buy an Audi or VW for your family who needs it...:p

pinkpolkadot
11-05-12, 18:27

Congrats! Is it < 2 mil?

carbuncle
11-05-12, 18:34
You forgot the famous Everitt saga?

buttercarp
11-05-12, 18:41
You forgot the famous Everitt saga?

I tot that is one of the few.

carbuncle
11-05-12, 19:04
I tot that is one of the few.
Neighbourly spats are more common than you think. Esp if you neighbour retired or work from home type - always around to pick fights at the slightest provocation....

Blue
14-05-12, 12:54
U drive and yet u want to be near to MRT....u like the noise??:D

Get another 500m to 1km away and maybe with the money saved u can buy an Audi or VW for your family who needs it...:p

The MRT line is underground, so no noise. Further away from MRT doesn't mean the price is cheaper in today's market. All depends on the developer's appetite and holding power.

Near to MRT and amenities are bonus so maids and children can use em. U can't expect them to drive right? It goes the same for condos.

As the saying goes: It's good to have it and choose not to use it, than not to have it and can't even choose at all!!!

Blue
14-05-12, 12:56
Congrats! Is it < 2 mil?

I wish, but it's not. Just that a bro here mentioned abt landed near MRT..

DC33_2008
14-05-12, 13:06
Good to be driven at times when we are sick driving an stuck in jams. We have a choice for Volvo, Mercedes, etc.
The MRT line is underground, so no noise. Further away from MRT doesn't mean the price is cheaper in today's market. All depends on the developer's appetite and holding power.

Near to MRT and amenities are bonus so maids and children can use em. U can't expect them to drive right? It goes the same for condos.

As the saying goes: It's good to have it and choose not to use it, than not to have it and can't even choose at all!!!

stl67
14-05-12, 14:03
I know liao.... Tampines Rd/Jln Teliti area

I saw the 2 semi-d a few months back.. very big. i remember the corner house with a lot of nicely trimmed bamboo very nice.

i was there to view 1 bungalow. seller asking 6mio (close to 1000psf):scared-1: some more face the tampines road leh...

carbuncle
14-05-12, 14:41
I saw the 2 semi-d a few months back.. very big. i remember the corner house with a lot of nicely trimmed bamboo very nice.

i was there to view 1 bungalow. seller asking 6mio (close to 1000psf):scared-1: some more face the tampines road leh...
One still in the market. 4.5mio only nego

Blue
15-05-12, 13:26
U mean this one?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6788143/for-sale-jalan-teliti

carbuncle
15-05-12, 14:16
U mean this one?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/6788143/for-sale-jalan-teliti
Yesh yesh....

lajia
15-05-12, 15:01
Yesh yesh....

out of context...we talking about less then 2mil right? :o

Blue
15-05-12, 15:41
Aside from out of context, <$2M landed is going to be extinct soon! :D

carbuncle
15-05-12, 16:43
What they say about landed lovers/owners being super ngiao is indeed true. A bit out of context only and kp liao... Bye to this thread.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
31-05-12, 16:16
Bro radha, thought of u when i saw this

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4995444/for-sale-beacon-heights

I know is not east side nor real landed... But...close i guess.

jumbopanther
02-06-12, 22:32
Mine at $1.6M, 999, 1000 psf

Komo
03-06-12, 08:37
I guess in a condo, it is easier to talk to neighbours as the opportunity arises when we take the same lift, or happen to wait for school bus which drop our kids etc.
Also condo got common property, so some issues may prompt us to talk to the neighbours.
However, I can't think of what to talk to then when staying in a landed.
There is hardly anything in common. So maybe radha08, that's why your neighbours do not talk to you.
what is happening to Singapore? we should at least be kind to each other...need to help keep a lookout especially when away or no body in the house:)

DC33_2008
03-06-12, 10:37
It varies from landed estate to landed estate. I have no problem with my neighbours. I realise it Is some of those new neighbours who are rather stuckup.
what is happening to Singapore? we should at least be kind to each other...need to help keep a lookout especially when away or no body in the house:)

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 11:43

Yes. If dunno what to talk, talk about the gardening or the plants. If no plants, talk about weed, if no weed talk about car, no car ask about the family if all is well, if no family ask about the house, building, maintenance issues, if no issue talk about the weather. ;)

See, always something to talk about. Plus, in British Royal circles, it is polite to just talk about the weather and nothing else...

After the ice is broken, more and more topics will surface.

Whatever happened to the Art of Conversation!!???? Do people MSN or Whatsapp instead?

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 11:45
It varies from landed estate to landed estate. I have no problem with my neighbours. I realise it Is some of those new neighbours who are rather stuckup.

Try once, if no response just move on. There are certain people i will prefer not to have anything to do with them, i will just never look them in the eye when cross path. That always works. If they suddenly call out to me, whether i respond depends on the tone of voice and term used.

If say Hey yandao!!! I will respond with smile and reply.

If say Hey faggot!!! I will respond with a punch.

If say Hey uncle!!!! Or worse auntie!!! I will pretend i never hear anything and walk on.

If the typical singaporean rude Hello!!!! Or Ey!!!! Or Wei!!!! I will turn, stare disapprovingly, ignore, then continue on my business.

howgozit
03-06-12, 12:38
Talking for the sake of talking is very fake. No good conversation comes out of a forced conversation.

Btw, the British have curtailed excessive courtesy in their speech and talking about the weather is considered a circumlocution of awkwardness and/or boredom.

Yes. If dunno what to talk, talk about the gardening or the plants. If no plants, talk about weed, if no weed talk about car, no car ask about the family if all is well, if no family ask about the house, building, maintenance issues, if no issue talk about the weather. ;)

See, always something to talk about. Plus, in British Royal circles, it is polite to just talk about the weather and nothing else...

After the ice is broken, more and more topics will surface.

Whatever happened to the Art of Conversation!!???? Do people MSN or Whatsapp instead?

howgozit
03-06-12, 12:44
In casting aspersions on other Singaporeans, most people like to use the term "typical Singaporean" without realising that they themselves are guilty of the critcism they heap on people. And they themselves fall into the profile of the "typical Singaporean"

Try once, if no response just move on. There are certain people i will prefer not to have anything to do with them, i will just never look them in the eye when cross path. That always works. If they suddenly call out to me, whether i respond depends on the tone of voice and term used.

If say Hey yandao!!! I will respond with smile and reply.

If say Hey faggot!!! I will respond with a punch.

If say Hey uncle!!!! Or worse auntie!!! I will pretend i never hear anything and walk on.

If the typical singaporean rude Hello!!!! Or Ey!!!! Or Wei!!!! I will turn, stare disapprovingly, ignore, then continue on my business.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 14:31
In casting aspersions on other Singaporeans, most people like to use the term "typical Singaporean" without realising that they themselves are guilty of the critcism they heap on people. And they themselves fall into the profile of the "typical Singaporean"

Aiya why so anal on a Sunday? :cheers4:

I also typical Singaporean what... Thats why i can say this without danger of being labelled nationalist.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
03-06-12, 14:34
Talking for the sake of talking is very fake. No good conversation comes out of a forced conversation.

Btw, the British have curtailed excessive courtesy in their speech and talking about the weather is considered a circumlocution of awkwardness and/or boredom.

U do have a point abt the fake... Sometimes though people have this "you start first" mentality so starting out on "fake" topics i guess is ok if just to get the engine started.

On the British "talking about weather is safe if you dont have anything else to talk about" i saw it in a docu on cable, perhaps it could be dated 1997 i not sure. So it may not be relevant anymore in the royal family circles.

samuelk
04-06-12, 09:03
not really. I used to stay in a landed where neighbour provide cny visiting schdules and spare gate remote so that visitors can park their car.

buttercarp
04-06-12, 09:13
not really. I used to stay in a landed where neighbour provide cny visiting schdules and spare gate remote so that visitors can park their car.

Wow, you mean the neighbours allow their neighbours' guests to park in their compound?

roly8
04-06-12, 09:28

where u stay now?

why don't stay landed anymore?:o

samuelk
04-06-12, 13:27
where u stay now?

why don't stay landed anymore?:o
can only afford one prop so move when the other TOP.

din like the risk. Looking at the situation, should have held on

DC33_2008
04-06-12, 14:21
Should have held on especially if it is in the CCR or City fringe and FH.

Blue
04-06-12, 16:33

I have another frd like u, sold his landed back in 2009, thinking that price may fall due to the US financial crisis. Now he is still renting an apartment and forever waiting for price to fall. Probably gone for good.:doh:

Vincegoh
04-06-12, 16:46
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9942080/for-sale-inter-terrace-at-siglap-estate
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9753031/for-sale-opera-estate
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9927202/for-sale-opera-estate

cheap cheap at 1k psf. maybe add 3-500k for A&A. :cool:

Vincegoh
04-06-12, 16:58
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9870412/for-sale-urban-oasis-aesthetic-home-inspiring-desi

super chio... must have spent close to 700-900k for the asthetics! :eek: :D

Blue
04-06-12, 18:20
It pays to do up your house which translates to a higher price and faster sale!

My designer inter terrace sold at historical highs within a period of 4 mths. Thereafter, others sold at even higher...now it is no longer the highest....:banghead:

Komo
04-06-12, 21:17
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9870412/for-sale-urban-oasis-aesthetic-home-inspiring-desi

super chio... must have spent close to 700-900k for the asthetics! :eek: :D
look cheap at a nice location. :D but rather too close to the main road:beats-me-man:

Blue
06-06-12, 14:33
look cheap at a nice location. :D but rather too close to the main road:beats-me-man:

If u study fengshui, facing main road is prosperous! :)

focus
07-06-12, 10:24
If u study fengshui, facing main road is prosperous! :)
I thought only if your place is doing business, not if it's a home.

Santro
01-07-12, 12:06
Agree on this one bro. Good to keep all the options open. :cheers1: