PDA

View Full Version : The Sennett - Next to Potong Pasir MRT, LH 99, Tuan Sing Holdings Limited

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

henryhk
18-12-12, 07:30
With shopping mall just opposite and mrt just in front, and freehold there reaching 2k psf, it is definitely a good buy for own stay.....if not wait until the 810 units @ shopping mall, and price to escalate to 1.8k then buy👎
I don't tink senette is less than echelon, at least there is a shopping mall at potong pasir and the mrt is underground.....and too many units at redhill, metropolitan, ascential sky, tangling regency, and new projects....alot land there for future development......recently I am forced to sell a caspian unit because the mrt noise is unbearable, every 3 mins , 2 mrts passes by........I will nver buy a mrt project!

cnud
18-12-12, 07:57
I don't tink senette is less than echelon, at least there is a shopping mall at potong pasir and the mrt is underground.....and too many units at redhill, metropolitan, ascential sky, tangling regency, and new projects....alot land there for future development......recently I am forced to sell a caspian unit because the mrt noise is unbearable, every 3 mins , 2 mrts passes by........I will nver buy a mrt project!

You mean above-ground MRT. Underground ones should command higher premium.

ekl2ekl2
18-12-12, 08:17

For rental investments, one word of caution since a lot of us may be getting carried away about Sennett/PP area. There will be 12-15 condo projects, both old and new within walking distance of each other and within PP/Woodsville MRTs stations, when all these projects are completed. Where are all the tenants going to come from? from the American sch?

In fairness, redhill/tanglin area is a proven area for rentals.

For MRT over ground, unless your unit directly faces the track level, like expressways, one may get used to the noise after some time.

henryhk
18-12-12, 08:30
For rental investments, one word of caution since a lot of us may be getting carried away about Sennett/PP area. There will be 12-15 condo projects, both old and new within walking distance of each other and within PP/Woodsville MRTs stations, when all these projects are completed. Where are all the tenants going to come from? from the American sch?

For MRT over ground, unless your unit directly faces the track level, like expressways, one may get used to the noise after some time.
Not really lei, in caspian, only inside the swimming pool then I have quietness....Tats why the price didn't move up after hitting 1.1k psf....in fact jurong has the highest rental compared to redhill, because of low psf, but my unit is left vacant, so sad.

Estrangable
18-12-12, 10:34

How to get used to noise from MRT??? my current apartment is facing the MRT tracks and it's bloody noisy esp in the early morning....after staying there for more than 10 years, i am telling you....i still havent got used to it at all! Agreed that shd never get a place facing in front of the mrt tracks

henryhk
18-12-12, 10:49
How to get used to noise from MRT??? my current apartment is facing the MRT tracks and it's bloody noisy esp in the early morning....after staying there for more than 10 years, i am telling you....i still havent got used to it at all! Agreed that shd never get a place facing in front of the mrt tracks
Then if make $ then sell, no point tahan the mrt noise, I believe there are better projects elsewhere tat u can call home!

cnud
18-12-12, 12:04

Agreed. Those facing expressways more jialat! 24 hours. Either must on aircon all the time and double glazed windows or get NID (Noise Induced Deafness) over time. You will speak louder because you cannot hear yourself..

Tenants hate noise.

bakasa2002
18-12-12, 12:45
Agreed. Those facing expressways more jialat! 24 hours. Either must on aircon all the time and double glazed windows or get NID (Noise Induced Deafness) over time. You will speak louder because you cannot hear yourself..

Tenants hate noise.

Reminds me of Cityscape. ;)

cnud
18-12-12, 12:48
Reminds me of Cityscape. ;)

Many developments in fact.

Drive PIE near Eunos, Thomson.

AYE near Hong Leong Gardens.

CTE near Thomson.

But still got people buy la.

Noexit
18-12-12, 12:51
Wonder anyone had any pics of how this project will look like and more information to post here? :cheers1:

gwlip
23-12-12, 14:01
I hear that where the MRT is and Wan Tho Road, there are a lot of those extremely noisy birds particularly in the early morning... anyone knows about this?

ekl2ekl2
23-12-12, 15:16
I hear that where the MRT is and Wan Tho Road, there are a lot of those extremely noisy birds particularly in the early morning... anyone knows about this?

Wan Tho road is the road within Sennett Estate that is just next to the old cementry. There are naturally birds in morning and evening in the trees in the vicinity. Noisy or not is very relative.

bakasa2002
23-12-12, 21:02
Many developments in fact.

Drive PIE near Eunos, Thomson.

AYE near Hong Leong Gardens.

CTE near Thomson.

But still got people buy la.

Euhabitat?

wendytan
24-12-12, 11:11
Wan Tho road is the road within Sennett Estate that is just next to the old cementry. There are naturally birds in morning and evening in the trees in the vicinity. Noisy or not is very relative.

Good mah...Got FREE GHOST to accompany !! :doh:

henryhk
24-12-12, 18:37
Good mah...Got FREE GHOST to accompany !! :doh:
Graveyard is a sacred place....is a blessing to stay near😃

henryhk
29-12-12, 11:09
Everyting is quiet at senette residence? With the superb take up rate at $1700 psf early bird, I begin to wonder wat is the pricing psf at tis location?? Anybody got any targets 😜

Noexit
29-12-12, 11:54
Even Echelon@Redhill is selling at average of $1800/psf and slimlar to this project close distance to MRT and few MRT stop to town, what do you think will this project cost? :money-faced2: Anyway beside this beside, the next two plot of coming soon project will be higher then this project, still there a advantage of buying this project. :millie:

Everyting is quiet at senette residence? With the superb take up rate at $1700 psf early bird, I begin to wonder wat is the pricing psf at tis location?? Anybody got any targets ��

DC33_2008
29-12-12, 16:34
I suppose this place should be around $1350-1550psf for first phase, ie the not so good facing units.

ekl2ekl2
30-12-12, 13:42
Just went for site visit.

The main carpark outside showroom is now ready. The palmtrees nicely planted around this carpark.

Show room at ground level does not appear to be ready anytime soon. So think will be another 2-4 weeks at least.

gwlip
04-01-13, 08:34
Any indication when is the TOP for this project?

ekl2ekl2
09-01-13, 19:23
Heard launch has been delayed. Anyone can confirm?

Adverts for the plot San Ritz next door can be seen in bustop stands already.

taggy
09-01-13, 19:36
Heard launch has been delayed. Anyone can confirm?

Adverts for the plot San Ritz next door can be seen in bustop stands already.

delay and delay, like 吊起来卖 !

Lovelle
09-01-13, 19:57
heard this one intentionally delayed...ask agent and you will know why

timmy
09-01-13, 20:02

Waiting for the record prices to be achieved in other launches?

taggy
09-01-13, 20:21

any sennett agent here? tell/pm me the reason and i will submit my cheque thru u :D

henryhk
10-01-13, 11:52
I tink they waiting for Coe to pass 100k ah! Then all the people will cheong for condos at mrt ......hahaha.....now a few launches everywhere!!

taggy
10-01-13, 12:59
I tink they waiting for Coe to pass 100k ah! Then all the people will cheong for condos at mrt ......hahaha.....now a few launches everywhere!!

so confirm is 吊起来卖, garmen quick go tax this developer :D

bargain hunter
10-01-13, 13:30
1) buy the developer's stock in the stock market instead? :D
2) in 2007 CCR boom, some developers did the same for their projects, in the end, they missed the boat to sell instead. :ashamed1:

so confirm is 吊起来卖, garmen quick go tax this developer :D

taggy
11-01-13, 18:04
1) buy the developer's stock in the stock market instead? :D
2) in 2007 CCR boom, some developers did the same for their projects, in the end, they missed the boat to sell instead. :ashamed1:

with the new cm, developer's turn to MTB liao

azeoprop
11-01-13, 18:51
Greedy developers shall be punished.
Lelong lelong 388k thank you. :rolleyes:

bargain hunter
11-01-13, 21:09
hehehe. orbi good. deliberately delay launch lah? orbi good. hahaha

with the new cm, developer's turn to MTB liao

DC33_2008
11-01-13, 21:11
Ready to go in if drop price. :D

bargain hunter
11-01-13, 21:39
but bohua leh, need to pay zeng hu 7% more than before. discount has to be at least that amount.

ekl2ekl2
11-01-13, 21:39

Unless they drop>10%, if not probably will pay more and with more cash upfront required. For foreigners, need >20% drop.

DC33_2008
11-01-13, 21:42
Parents are looking for units around that area.
but bohua leh, need to pay zeng hu 7% more than before. discount has to be at least that amount.

Congress
11-01-13, 21:52
Unless they drop>10%, if not probably will pay more and with more cash upfront required. For foreigners, need >20% drop.
Why need 20% drop for foreigners? Those who are willing to pay 10% more just need to pay 5% more, drop 5% is good enough.

ekl2ekl2
12-01-13, 15:52
Why need 20% drop for foreigners? Those who are willing to pay 10% more just need to pay 5% more, drop 5% is good enough.

20% taking into consideration the total cost of stamp duties.
1m ppty, they will need to sell at least 1.25m after 4 years just to even out.

Having said that, developers got Sennett at very cheap price, so attractive pricing with discounts would still attract buyers.

curio
14-01-13, 20:20
Any news in launch date?

henryhk
14-01-13, 20:41
I pity those who waited for senette and missed other opportunities till the CM came up. I think it is still in hiding and wait for everyone to forget about tis project!

price
14-01-13, 23:31
Property buying is always about location location location. I doubt Tuan Sing would price their units any lower. It's only 300+ units anyway. They'd probably still launch at 1.5-1.8kpsf and hold it till TOP if the units dun move:beats-me-man:

DC33_2008
31-01-13, 12:53
At last.

Special Invitation to Gallery: 15-24 Feb.
VVIP Preview: 2 March

ecimbew
31-01-13, 15:00
At last.

Special Invitation to Gallery: 15-24 Feb.
VVIP Preview: 2 March

BUY :spliff2: :spliff2: :spliff2: :spliff2:

4wheels
31-01-13, 18:23
Expected psf??????

ecimbew
31-01-13, 23:52
The Sennett – Proposed Condominium Housing Development Comprising 5 blocks of 18-storey residential flats with Swimming Pool, Ancillary Facilities (Total 338 Units) beside Patong Pasir MRT Station

http://developersales.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sennett-residence-map.jpg

kane
01-02-13, 00:10
what's the price point?

ekl2ekl2
01-02-13, 06:58
Everyone asking, what are the indicative prices?

1500pfs less 20% discount?

price
01-02-13, 07:06
Maybe 1500-1700 after discount?

Kanarazu
01-02-13, 07:15
Maybe 1500-1700 after discount?

I think so too. Floor plans out yet?

price
01-02-13, 07:49
I think so too. Floor plans out yet?
They have been so secretive about it. Launch delayed since July last year:sleep:

willow
01-02-13, 07:58
They have been so secretive about it. Launch delayed since July last year:sleep:

I waited until so sian liow

01-02-13, 08:01
This one or saint ritz which one better :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

taggy
01-02-13, 08:02

i waited until confirmed become MTB liao :mad:

ekl2ekl2
01-02-13, 12:31
This one or saint ritz which one better :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

Difference probably lies within 20-30 steps.

Need to see the site plan, show flats if not hard to compare eventhough sennett is bigger

St Ritz showflat under construction now.

ecimbew
01-02-13, 17:31
http://www.newlaunchproperty-sg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/[email protected]

ecimbew
01-02-13, 17:33
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KhyJWQx5tMM/UKZquRbm8VI/AAAAAAAAAn8/Sh4Uf3bp7gA/s1600/LandCost.jpg

price
01-02-13, 18:05
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KhyJWQx5tMM/UKZquRbm8VI/AAAAAAAAAn8/Sh4Uf3bp7gA/s1600/LandCost.jpg

And the mixed development opposite lets make a guess how much will it be sold at? 900psf?:eek:

DC33_2008
01-02-13, 20:09
My question is what will $ppr for PCs at Bidadari?

scsc
06-02-13, 16:27

Wow.. so fast into action?
U sure there are going to be PCs?
(May end up to be ECs rather than PCs... Hmm.. they do end up as PCs eventually though.. after MOP)

One thing I'm sure is that all will be height restricted

ZeeWee
06-02-13, 19:12
average psf.. likely around $1450

tomorrow is finally the briefing.. not for all agents though

newlaunchproperty
07-02-13, 00:44
Hi DC33_2008,

If you are referring to the Mount Vernon residential site won by a consortium comprising Hong Leong Group, City Developments Ltd and TID Pte Ltd (a joint venture between Hong Leong and Mitsui Fudosan) early last year with the highest bid of $388.1 million. The unit land price is $495 psf ppr. The PC is launching soon in Mid March 2013!

scsc
07-02-13, 13:26
I believed DC33 referring to open land plots along North-East line ;)

gwlip
07-02-13, 22:44
Any new info for the preview after agent briefing?

ZeeWee
08-02-13, 07:55
Hi all,

some updates for Sennett Residences

Showflat should be open to public viewing from 15th Feb thereabout
Preview sales should be 2nd Mar if not 9th

Typical units ceiling height is 2.85m. For those 1st level and 5th level units at the 5 storey block, it will be 3.6m. And for Penthouses (from the model, looks very very nice) will be 5.9m

Showflat is showcasing a 1 bedroom (581sqft), 2 bedroom (850sqft) and 3+S (1292sqft). All will be open concept kitchens. No washer provided for all and only 1 bedroom will come with Fridge (integrated). Personally felt its pretty spacious as compared to other showflat, especially the Master bedroom. And also noticed that the 2 bedroom Common Bedroom seems to be slightly larger than the 3+S Common Bedroom where a bookshelf is put beside the Queensize bed

Swimming Pool (50m x 6.5m), Jacuzzi, Clubhouse and BBQ Pits will all be located on the rooftop of the 5 storey Block. Gym will be on the 7th floor as well along the linkway that links up all 4 blocks

The Basement Carpark links all the building together at B2. There seems to be a drainage system under the 5 storey block thus cant link through B1. Also don't expect 1 unit to 1 carpark lot.

3 shops within the development will not be for sale. And the sidegate(go to MRT one) near the shops will not be sheltered

Anyway no floorplans and no details in black and white given by Developer yet so all might still change...

Anything just ask.. I try find out or remember

mcmlxxvi
08-02-13, 07:59
Hi all,

Showflat is showcasing a 1 bedroom (581sqft)

I want to see!!!!! But not buying myself.... Will you entertain me? :ashamed1: :D

DC33_2008
08-02-13, 08:03
I will go to showflat after mid march.

ZeeWee
08-02-13, 08:04
I want to see!!!!! But not buying myself.... Will you entertain me? :ashamed1: :D

u bojio me go QBay!! Sis Laguna asked me why I no attend lor....

sure can entertain you~~ don't mind substandard presentation hor

mcmlxxvi
08-02-13, 08:45
u bojio me go QBay!! Sis Laguna asked me why I no attend lor....

sure can entertain you~~ don't mind substandard presentation hor

Have more confidence in yourself la. You follow up very well.

I will contact you for maybe 16 Feb viewing...

azeoprop
08-02-13, 09:02
Har? So near MRT but no sheltered walk way?? :doh:

henryhk
08-02-13, 09:12
Hi all,

Preview sales should be 2nd Mar if not 9th

Typical units ceiling height is 2.85m. For those 1st level and 5th level units at the 5 storey block, it will be 3.6m. And for Penthouses (from the model, looks very very nice) will be 5.9m

Showflat is showcasing a 1 bedroom (581sqft), 2 bedroom (850sqft) and 3+S (1292sqft). All will be open concept kitchens. No washer provided for all and only 1 bedroom will come with Fridge (integrated). Personally felt its pretty spacious as compared to other showflat, especially the Master bedroom. And also noticed that the 2 bedroom Common Bedroom seems to be slightly larger than the 3+S Common Bedroom where a bookshelf is put beside the Queensize bed

Swimming Pool (50m x 6.5m), Jacuzzi, Clubhouse and BBQ Pits will all be located on the rooftop of the 5 storey Block. Gym will be on the 7th floor as well along the linkway that links up all 4 blocks

The Basement Carpark links all the building together at B2. There seems to be a drainage system under the 5 storey block thus cant link through B1. Also don't expect 1 unit to 1 carpark lot.

3 shops within the development will not be for sale. And the sidegate(go to MRT one) near the shops will not be sheltered

Anyway no floorplans and no details in black and white given by Developer yet so all might still change...

So how is the pricing psf?

taggy
08-02-13, 09:13
Har? So near MRT but no sheltered walk way?? :doh:

is this the reason, why delay launch again and again ? :D

ZeeWee
08-02-13, 09:20
Pricing details not out yet..

As for the delay.. maybe because of the floorplans ba... more than 20 different layout I think

taggy
08-02-13, 09:22
Pricing details not out yet..

As for the delay.. maybe because of the floorplans ba... more than 20 different layout I think
based on today's standard, 850sqft for 2 room is a bit generous hor :cool:
how big is the balcony and aircon ledge huh ?

if 850 x 1450psf = $1.23m
debate of comparing this to 8rs 3room compact start again :D

ZeeWee
08-02-13, 09:24
based on today's standard, 850sqft for 2 room is a bit generous hor :cool:
how big is the balcony and aircon ledge huh ?

eh.. cant comment yet.. the markings for the balcony not done for the showflat yet.. and also no floorplans for us to reference

price
08-02-13, 10:50
1 bedder 581sqft!? Lowest quantum will be 8xxk then

Cyberknight
14-02-13, 12:24
Agt updated show flat preview this wkend postponed again.

sunboy77
14-02-13, 13:18
Agt updated show flat preview this wkend postponed again.
Wahlan eh.... :doh:

august
14-02-13, 14:50
not enough cheques collected? :p

azeoprop
14-02-13, 16:06
Greedy developers shall be punished. :rolleyes:

Actually with their bid price, they can still make good profit selling the same price as Nin residences. :p

henryhk
14-02-13, 16:33
I tink they are waiting to compete neck to neck with San ritz....Huat ah!!!

price
14-02-13, 16:46
Greedy developers shall be punished. :rolleyes:

Actually with their bid price, they can still make good profit selling the same price as Nin residences. :p
I guess their quality and materials used would be better than Chinese developers? Higher costs? :beats-me-man:

ironmanpower
14-02-13, 20:16
Here's the info I have from my agent.

Developer:
Clerodendrum Land Pte Ltd
(Tuan Sing Holdings Limited)
Tenure: 99 Yrs Leasehold
Site Area: 8,663.5sqm (Est)

Description:
Proposed Erection of 3 Blks of 18-Sty & 1 Blk of 5-Sty Condo Housing Dev with 2 Basement Carparks

Total Units: 335 (Inclusive of 3 Shops which are not for sale)
Architect: MKPL
Expected TOP:*14 Jul 2017

Unit Mix:
1Br - 87 Units
2Br - 140 Units
2Br+Study - 1 Unit
3Br - 29 Units
3Br+Study - 33 Units
4Br - 31 Units
PH - 11 Units

henryhk
14-02-13, 21:47
Nin residence 2014 top, after delay,... senette will top in 2018 Liao.....Huat ah!!

gwlip
15-02-13, 00:23
when is showflat open for viewing?

ZeeWee
15-02-13, 00:30
when is showflat open for viewing?

Waiting for approval from relevant Authories....... Yawns

ZeeWee
15-02-13, 07:51
Here's the info I have from my agent.

Developer:
Clerodendrum Land Pte Ltd
(Tuan Sing Holdings Limited)
Tenure: 99 Yrs Leasehold
Site Area: 8,663.5sqm (Est)

Description:
Proposed Erection of 3 Blks of 18-Sty & 1 Blk of 5-Sty Condo Housing Dev with 2 Basement Carparks

Total Units: 335 (Inclusive of 3 Shops which are not for sale)
Architect: MKPL
Expected TOP:*14 Jul 2017

Unit Mix:
1Br - 87 Units (484-914sqft)
2Br - 140 Units (742-1539sqft)
2Br+Study - 1 Unit (1248sqft)
3Br - 29 Units (936-1765sqft)
3Br+Study - 33 Units (1184-2346sqft)
4Br - 31 Units (1345-2346sqft)
PH - 11 Units
2br+RT 2217sqft
3br+RT 2637sqft
4br+RT 2281 & 2884sqft
4br+S+RT 3153 & 3239sqft
5br+RT 3670sqft
5br+S+RT 3390 & 3444sqft
6br+S+RT 4197 & 4251sqft

don't mind I 'hijack' your post :p

price
15-02-13, 14:09
don't mind I 'hijack' your post :p
Wow 6 bedders!?

mcmlxxvi
15-02-13, 15:40
Two words describe this project.

Duodedum conundrum.

sunboy77
16-02-13, 22:13
Two words describe this project.

Duodedum conundrum.

Meaning ??

Edit: I googled and it's some gall bladder medical terms that I totally don't understand...

The_Way_I_See_It
17-02-13, 09:50
Meaning ??

Edit: I googled and it's some gall bladder medical terms that I totally don't understand...

Twisted and convoluted. I simple meaning .. all kind of weird odd shape and sizes. IN short all kind of Rojak layouts available.

gwlip
18-02-13, 18:52
Showflat not ready still?

repanse71
24-02-13, 17:20
Went jogging in cemetery, took a quick look at the showflat from outside.

I reckon the ID is all done and reception room all setup.
95%? Some cleanup & touch up, they should be ready for 1st batch of VIP.

Regards

Showflat not ready still?

mcmlxxvi
25-02-13, 10:52
Went jogging in cemetery, took a quick look at the showflat from outside.

I reckon the ID is all done and reception room all setup.
95%? Some cleanup & touch up, they should be ready for 1st batch of VIP.

Regards

Thanks for sharing.

price
25-02-13, 20:04
They are waiting for sant ritz to launch first:beats-me-man:

fan
25-02-13, 20:20
They are waiting for sant ritz to launch first:beats-me-man:
Tuan Sing's strategy 敌不动 我不动?

henryhk
25-02-13, 20:24
They are waiting for other launches to start first, they have only 300+ units, unlike trilinq 800 + units, and senette is right infront of the mrt,not affected by noise.....I dont see why they need to worry.......

price
25-02-13, 20:38
They are waiting for other launches to start first, they have only 300+ units, unlike trilinq 800 + units, and senette is right infront of the mrt,not affected by noise.....I dont see why they need to worry.......
agreed. even after CDL launch + sale of opposite mix D plot, it is still not too late for them :D:cheers4:

DC33_2008
26-02-13, 07:56
More CMs may be implemented when Trilliq sells well this month. SR will be stucked.
agreed. even after CDL launch + sale of opposite mix D plot, it is still not too late for them :D:cheers4:

mcmlxxvi
26-02-13, 13:23
Just received SMS.

Showflat open 1 March.

chngz
26-02-13, 16:45
Heard that one before... they say show flat opening since sept last yr... wouldnt be surprise if its delay again.

ZeeWee
26-02-13, 18:52
Heard that one before... they say show flat opening since sept last yr... wouldnt be surprise if its delay again.

ya more or less confirmed liao.. tomorrow will be the briefing for all the agents..

so this weekend something for everyone to do.. can visit D'Nest or Sennett Residences :D

ZeeWee
27-02-13, 17:17
Perspective just out

Showflat opens from 1st Mar from 4pm till late. Weekend will be opened from 930am onwards. Next week 9th Mar should be the preview sales

Draft floorplans are available as well. If you need, just pm me your email acct

http://sgnewcondolaunch.com/sale/sennett-residences-by-tuan-sing/

mcmlxxvi
28-02-13, 08:24
Tomorrow evening going showflat you know...

Anyone keen to join pm me.

azeoprop
28-02-13, 10:36
Most of the 1 bedders are in the middle low rise block, facing the mrt structure. :beats-me-man: Wonder if that thing emits exhaust gases from underground?

:beats-me-man:

azeoprop
28-02-13, 10:59
Some 1 bedders floor plans to share. :D

Clearvision
28-02-13, 11:13
Any 2 or 3 bedder layout to share please. Thanks

price
28-02-13, 11:36
wow the 6 bedder is amazing. is that a private pool on level 3?:eek:

mcmlxxvi
28-02-13, 11:39
Some 1 bedders floor plans to share. :D

Very functional layouts. I like.

But best if bathroom outside bedroom.

azeoprop
28-02-13, 12:02
2 bedroom floor plans to share. :D

price
28-02-13, 12:10

tuansing never fail to impress :D

azeoprop
28-02-13, 12:13

I like the LA3 layout with big long windows and balcony....too bad it is low floor and face mrt + main road. :( If only this is facing reservoir or the sea haa haa. :rolleyes:

juayster
28-02-13, 12:40
Some of the entrance are at the kitchen? Bad Fengshui.

ZeeWee
28-02-13, 13:26
wow the 6 bedder is amazing. is that a private pool on level 3?:eek:

All PH will have a private pool on the roof terrace.. don't think will be able to see at the model unless they install a platform for buyers to go up see

azeoprop
28-02-13, 14:49
Thanks to this new CM, I can only 望梅止渴 .... :o

Laguna
28-02-13, 15:36
where most of walls are so thick?

timmy
28-02-13, 15:40
Some of the entrance are at the kitchen? Bad Fengshui.

But I thought that is a very common design nowadays, no? If I am not wrong, it is only bad when the entrance is facing the stove directly.

juayster
28-02-13, 15:44
But I thought that is a very common design nowadays, no? If I am not wrong, it is only bad when the entrance is facing the stove directly.

Yes. As long as dun open the main door n able to see ur stove directly. Stove = your wealth.

sunboy77
28-02-13, 16:55
I heard someone chope #15-11 at $1.55m. 3-br 1077 sqft facing pool and landed properties. $1439 psf. Ok?

DC33_2008
28-02-13, 17:02
Anyone has a location map with all the stacks?

ZeeWee
28-02-13, 17:47
Siteplan with stack numbers

mcmlxxvi
28-02-13, 18:13
tuansing never fail to impress :D

Tua neh sing?

duanehnehchiobu dunno related not...

DC33_2008
28-02-13, 19:50
Stacks 15, 18, 19 and 20 will be taken up first. :)
Siteplan with stack numbers

price
28-02-13, 23:40
Stacks 15, 18, 19 and 20 will be taken up first. :)
but those stacks are not the smallest

juayster
01-03-13, 00:03
anyone knows of the estimated psf? 1500?

ZeeWee
01-03-13, 06:16
anyone knows of the estimated psf? 1500?

Pretty vague even to us... $14xxpsf avg

Noexit
01-03-13, 07:24
Wonder anyone of you going down this weekend to view the showroom? :im-so-happy:

DC33_2008
01-03-13, 08:03
They are the 1 bedder.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/SennettResidencesUnitSiteplan_zps822506d3.jpg

but those stacks are not the smallest

price
01-03-13, 08:37
They are the 1 bedder.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/SennettResidencesUnitSiteplan_zps822506d3.jpg
stack 22 and 23 will be snapped up first albeit the bad facing i feel. lowest quantum always win! :D bro going down tonight? im meeting shoebox king

DC33_2008
01-03-13, 08:44
My advice is not to choose stacks 22 and 23. Noise from roads plus infront of bus-stop coupled wiht afternoon sun! Not forgetting the dust and fumes from the buses. :scared-4:
stack 22 and 23 will be snapped up first albeit the bad facing i feel. lowest quantum always win! :D bro going down tonight? im meeting shoebox king

price
01-03-13, 08:52
My advice is not to choose stacks 22 and 23. Noise from roads plus infront of bus-stop coupled wiht afternoon sun! Not forgetting the dust and fumes from the buses. :scared-4:

true that but the price difference will be in terms of almost 50k-100k. would your rental yield be worthwhile to get the 500+sqft 1 bedders?

DC33_2008
01-03-13, 09:10
The highrise block will be better than the 5-storey block on the same facing. But still prefer the east facing low floor units which will be quieter and cleaner. Never choose stack 27 eventhough it is north facing but early morning track will be noisy unless you are on high floors at least with a view towards bidadari. Be prepared from morning prayer.
true that but the price difference will be in terms of almost 50k-100k. would your rental yield be worthwhile to get the 500+sqft 1 bedders?

Trigger
01-03-13, 09:41
Looks like the pool will be above the lowrise block 35, so level 5 would be just under the pool. Level 4 should clear the rooftop of the landed.

ahchee
01-03-13, 09:51
Looks like the pool will be above the lowrise block 35, so level 5 would be just under the pool. Level 4 should clear the rooftop of the landed.
Live under the pool, safe or not? wat if water seeps? Heard of any such problem?

Trigger
01-03-13, 10:06
Live under the pool, safe or not? wat if water seeps? Heard of any such problem?

I asked the same question a few months ago! Search for my thread.

ahchee
01-03-13, 10:08
I asked the same question a few months ago! Search for my thread.
Thanks Trigger!

price
01-03-13, 10:38
The highrise block will be better than the 5-storey block on the same facing. But still prefer the east facing low floor units which will be quieter and cleaner. Never choose stack 27 eventhough it is north facing but early morning track will be noisy unless you are on high floors at least with a view towards bidadari. Be prepared from morning prayer.
very good analysis! :D

DC33_2008
01-03-13, 11:38
Have also thought of going down today. But it makes no sense for me to invest in this one after the last CM. Choose wiselynot just for rental yield but potential given the large no. of choices if you are to sell it later. It is really a good area with great potential.
very good analysis! :D

mcmlxxvi
01-03-13, 11:50
Good to go down to get a feel of market sentiment.

sh
01-03-13, 17:11
where most of walls are so thick?

They are probably structural. So no hacking of walls to join units...

mcmlxxvi
01-03-13, 20:38
Thanks for hosting us ZeeWee. Nice to meet some of the forummers.

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/886728_10152587936175244_236161504_o.jpg
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/856721_10152587936950244_428820233_o.jpg
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/885762_10152587936495244_1783805391_o.jpg

mcmlxxvi
01-03-13, 21:01
Cheapest 1bedder 485sf $770k

Wynyard
01-03-13, 21:25
Cheapest 1bedder 485sf $770k
Maintenance fee $230 ;)

mcmlxxvi
01-03-13, 21:57
Maintenance fee $230 ;)

Yes. Already huge paper profit vs 18woodsville 1800psf. :)

bargain hunter
01-03-13, 21:58
price already out but they are not selling yet today?

when will they start to sell?

Yes. Already huge paper profit vs 18woodsville 1800psf. :)

mcmlxxvi
01-03-13, 22:05
price already out but they are not selling yet today?

when will they start to sell?

9 march I believe. Now can submit cheques. Price is indicative. MAY be adjusted depending on response. Heard before 6pm already over 150 pax preview by appt.

Some interesting pts to note.

- flooring is Stone finish tiles
- there are two double vol 5.9m units
- switches are waist level
- shower head is armpit level!
- hansgrohe, gerberit, bosch
- built in fridge only for 1bedder
- huge balcony
- nice wardrobes
- 3.6m for ground floor and top flr units on low rise blk, normal 2.85m
- 50m pool but sky 'garden' is laughable
- two lifts per floor
- midair suspended gym

bargain hunter
01-03-13, 22:16
did u ask whether shower head got some gimmick is it? surely for such quality, should be something special? :ashamed1:

for double vol 5.9m units, the sq ft is double charged for the airspace and psf should be lower.

9 march I believe. Now can submit cheques. Price is indicative. MAY be adjusted depending on response. Heard before 6pm already over 150 pax preview by appt.

- huge balcony
- nice wardrobes
- two lifts per floor
- midair suspended gym

Noexit
01-03-13, 22:40
did u ask whether shower head got some gimmick is it? surely for such quality, should be something special? :ashamed1:

for double vol 5.9m units, the sq ft is double charged for the airspace and psf should be lower.

District 13 will be a busy year .

Wynyard
02-03-13, 08:46

Asked liao, agent said wheelchair friendly mah, so armpit level lah :D

DC33_2008
02-03-13, 09:00
Showflat will be packed today since car purchase needs higher cash now.

Noexit
02-03-13, 10:25

Agree:tongue3:

RCT
02-03-13, 11:31

Then buy house need even more cash downpayment right? If can even pay 50% for car how to pay for house downpayment?

sunboy77
02-03-13, 12:07

- huge balcony
- nice wardrobes
- two lifts per floor
- midair suspended gym

- All units come with open kitchen
- Almost all units has got no utility and yard
- Stone finish tiles? Na bei the salesman told me natural marble ley....
- 300+ units but 65 different floor plans. :doh:

price
02-03-13, 12:11
i expect all the smaller 1 bedders to be sold out in 1 day :scared-4:

Noexit
02-03-13, 12:15
i expect all the smaller 1 bedders to be sold out in 1 day :scared-4:

True :tongue3:

DC33_2008
02-03-13, 13:37
You pay $200,000 for a car with 50% cash and the rest by loan. Likewise, if you use the cash of $100k for the downpayment of a unit here. $200,000 will depreciate the day you collect your car key while the $100k may still have a chance of positive return.
Then buy house need even more cash downpayment right? If can even pay 50% for car how to pay for house downpayment?

Learner
02-03-13, 14:29
Just came back from the showflat. Jam packed! So much so that power also tripped :D

I thought the location is good. Just on top of MRT and there will also be a mall opposite. Not sure true or not... agent told me.

Layout also squarish and no bay windows. only thing is balcony quite big.

Pug
02-03-13, 14:39
hi all,

appreciate if you could shed some light on what kind of pricing are we talking about for this one? say a 2/3 bedder, ard 1000sf+-. what's the jump per level? thanks!

Autonomy
02-03-13, 15:27
Just came back from showflat. For smallest 2 bedder was quoted around 1.6k psf after discount, around 711sqft. But agent say price not confirmed, depends on response.

hi all,

appreciate if you could shed some light on what kind of pricing are we talking about for this one? say a 2/3 bedder, ard 1000sf+-. what's the jump per level? thanks!

DC33_2008
02-03-13, 16:01
There will be a mall opposite and another smaller one below CDL just opposite of siemen down the road. The real huge ones will be in bidadari.
Just came back from the showflat. Jam packed! So much so that power also tripped :D

I thought the location is good. Just on top of MRT and there will also be a mall opposite. Not sure true or not... agent told me.

Layout also squarish and no bay windows. only thing is balcony quite big.

DC33_2008
02-03-13, 16:03
Wow. 1 bedder will be 1700psf depends on facing and level.
Just came back from showflat. For smallest 2 bedder was quoted around 1.6k psf after discount, around 711sqft. But agent say price not confirmed, depends on response.

chngz
02-03-13, 16:32
Just came back from the showflat as well. I think the project is pretty decent. Small and compact which is the downside, and the usual open kitchen concept that we all will try to get acustom to.

Kissing the MRT will never go wrong. Pricing on the high side, show flat is pretty busy as usual, and with only 335 units, this should sell out pretty fast.

One thing i must say though, this developer is damn bloody slow. Sales for this delay almost a year, nothing is done to the area yet, i think it will really TOP in late 2017, no chance of this place coming up earlier. Building underground basement carpark no small feat considering mrt station below.

1.35 million for a 850 sqft 2 bedders....... hmmmmmmmmm... probably can get a bigger size unit somewhere else, and not have to wait 4 years? Any thoughts?

DC33_2008
02-03-13, 18:00
Carpark looks pack even at 630pm. This project is about $250psf more. Buyers of nin should be pretty happy.

Noexit
02-03-13, 19:13
Went to the showroom this afternoon and was not quite impress by the finding. Only 290 parking lots for total of 330 units there !!!!
The interior material was so so and not as impress by what the ppls commented here especially only one bedder come with the built in fridge and the rest none !!!

1 Bedder 485sqft at Stack 22 & 23 lowest floor start at estimated $770k.
1 bedder for 582sqft at stack 04 & 27 lowest floor at $860k
2 bedder 711sqft at stack 08 lowest floor at $1.1mil
2 bedder 819sqft at stack 16 & 17 lowest floor at $1.2mil
2 bedder 851sqft at stack 25 & 26 lowest floor at > $1.2mil plus !!!

Worst of all the stack 8 and stack 7, block to block facing 13.5meter and taken the distance of the balcony into consideration both unit just 4.5 meter apart only!! :banghead: :doh:

Just the best part a foot step away from mrt other then that I think only one word to say , " :jaw-dropping: "

henryhk
02-03-13, 19:53
Carpark looks pack even at 630pm. This project is about $250psf more. Buyers of nin should be pretty happy.

Hurray:cheers4:

Kanarazu
02-03-13, 19:53
Went to the showroom this afternoon and was not quite impress by the finding. Only 290 parking lots for total of 330 units there !!!!
The interior material was so so and not as impress by what the ppls commented here especially only one bedder come with the built in fridge and the rest none !!!

Worst of all the stack 8 and stack 7, block to block facing 13.5meter and taken the distance of the balcony into consideration both unit just 4.5 meter apart only!! :banghead: :doh:

Just the best part a foot step away from mrt other then that I think only one word to say , " :jaw-dropping: "

How will they decide who gets the car park lots? Will the 1 bedders not entitled to car park lots?

rymccondo77
02-03-13, 20:17
Won't be surprised to find more and more developers with developments close to MRT stations cutting down on the number of car park lots and making them (much) fewer than the number of units.

Close to MRT is an excuse for the developers to reduce the number of car park lots - recall that A Treasure Trove PC having less car park lots than units and read that the reason for this is that the PC is close to Punggol MRT so no need to drive.

The new restrictions on car loans and increased car taxes will be another excuse for developers to reduce the number of car park lots!

Gone are the days when developments can easily cater to 2 cars per unit and/or have sufficient lots for visitors' cars.

Noexit
02-03-13, 20:39
But I think Treasure Trove is still not that serious to have so many shortage of car park lots. After all I think as a consumer/buyer their mentally is to pay for something they had pay for especially this not about buying fish or meat in the market. If I could recall their maintenance fee is higher then other big project and they don't even have tennis court! So I was wondering with so many units units sharing for a facilities that lesser then any normal project was it worth the price? Although the developer had bid the land cheap and fully built to max and utilise the land but for home buyer I think there too much of negative through. They might drove investors to re-considered 8RS would be a better choice :ashamed1:

Won't be surprised to find more and more developers with developments close to MRT stations cutting down on the number of car park lots and making them (much) fewer than the number of units.

Close to MRT is an excuse for the developers to reduce the number of car park lots - recall that A Treasure Trove PC having less car park lots than units and read that the reason for this is that the PC is close to Punggol MRT so no need to drive.

The new restrictions on car loans and increased car taxes will be another excuse for developers to reduce the number of car park lots!

Gone are the days when developments can easily cater to 2 cars per unit and/or have sufficient lots for visitors' cars.

Noexit
02-03-13, 20:47
[QUOTE=Kanarazu]How will they decide who gets the car park lots? Will the 1 bedders not entitled to car park lots?[/QUOTE

It depends they will only advise you when top . Mostly will be draw lots I think . But I feel that paying maintance fees fee $230 1 bedder $290 2 bedder . Don't entitle and parking lots abit odd . And you still have to pay for the same amount for those having a parking lot.

rymccondo77
02-03-13, 21:09
But I think Treasure Trove is still not that serious to have so many shortage of car park lots. After all I think as a consumer/buyer their mentally is to pay for something they had pay for especially this not about buying fish or meat in the market. If I could recall their maintenance fee is higher then other big project and they don't even have tennis court! So I was wondering with so many units units sharing for a facilities that lesser then any normal project was it worth the price? Although the developer had bid the land cheap and fully built to max and utilise the land but for home buyer I think there too much of negative through. They might drove investors to re-considered 8RS would be a better choice :ashamed1:

Smaller developments like Sennett will usually sacrifice the tennis court since it takes up a lot of space. Nin Residence closeby also does not have a tennis court.

alamak
02-03-13, 21:32
Smaller developments like Sennett will usually sacrifice the tennis court since it takes up a lot of space. Nin Residence closeby also does not have a tennis court.
Now a day developers want to maximise the no of living units in a given area than to think about amenities and communal facilities such as tennis courts swimming pools, function room and landscapes features etc. Even where such facilities are provided they are built on top of vertical airspace and not sacrificed valuable land space such also roof top lap pool, rooftop tennis court etc.

In the P P area, only One leicester (FH) is a full-fledge condo with full facilities with a 50m adult and kid ground pool and tennnis court on ground level, built on an area of same size as sennette residence but with merely 194 units. The maintenance with sinking fund included for a 2-rooms is abt the same as 2-bedder in Sennette with 332 units.

Noexit
02-03-13, 21:46

Tennis court is not the main issue , carpark not enough is weird , they can build so many unit , y can't not enough carpark lots short of 50 lots . They can build up one level up for the carpark instate of units . Why this happen because developer are greedy build more unit to sell .

Pug
02-03-13, 22:00
Greedy developer. That's prob why it's share price has risen ard 25% over past 6 mths.

Tennis court is not the main issue , carpark not enough is weird , they can build so many unit , y can't not enough carpark lots short of 50 lots . They can build up one level up for the carpark instate of units . Why this happen because developer are greedy build more unit to sell .

propertychap
02-03-13, 22:02
2 bedders at 1.1m is crazy price. I might as well consider Bedok residences with integrated mall and interchange and mrt

price
02-03-13, 22:06
2 bedders at 1.1m is crazy price. I might as well consider Bedok residences with integrated mall and interchange and mrt
bedok is better than this area? :scared-4:

Noexit
02-03-13, 22:07

True now we can feel that bedok residence now is cheap ! :ashamed1:

Noexit
02-03-13, 22:09
bedok is better than this area? :scared-4:

Depends on individual which area you like . :D

price
02-03-13, 22:11
Depends on individual which area you like . :D

i'll take the closer to town 1 :D

therayo
03-03-13, 00:37
what do u guys think of the floor plans?
http://www.the-sennett-residence.net/brochure/

Anybody of you guys registered for the preview?

The only thing is that is hesitating me is the price. any comments?

Kenshinto80
03-03-13, 04:26

Hi NoExit, thanks for your post and highlights especially on the parking.... I am shocked by the under built carpark lots....it should at least be 1 to 1. Makes it difficult for visiting relatives and friends to find parking in future. Not to mention that buyers who can afford a unit here will most likely be able to afford buying a car. This leads to carparking woes in future and is a major flaw in this project.

I am sure there will be some excited buyers who will purchase a unit only to realize the full implication afterwards. Good post by NoExit to share and highlight.

alamak
03-03-13, 07:59

Yo Yo Yo .. 40 car parks short is no big deal n no problem in this development given that almost all 1 or 2 bedders are for rental with the MRT walking steps just below the Condo.

Even One leicester with 194 units and 194 parking lots have at last spare 50 lots any one time and some resident have 2/3 cars too. That's the power of City-fringe living (rental) and next to a MRT stn. Every developer understand this stuff of location - rental - MRT.

There would not be any quarrel over this car park matter especially in P P area what's more at Sennette Residences with P P MRT just below the condo. Tuan Sing surely have done their homework by studying the car park situation in this area. Car parks is a non-issue.

alamak
03-03-13, 08:33

Visit the show flay yesterday. From agents comment (either lack of info ), seems that developer is non-committal on quite few items especially those built-in stuff including kitchen top. Show flat id is also quite bare minimum unlike the typical show flat. Tuan Sing is non-committal especially on the price as they are gauging the response based on cheques collection.

There is a also a future mixed development (GLS this year) directly on the other side of the P P MRT entrance. So the presence of commercials n mall is also a big factor apart from the walking door-step MRT below the condo. Jaw dropping or not it is a city-fringe condo ideally located with NE line n CC Line in sight and CTE/PIE/KPE accessibility. Those are the selling points. Folks who mentioned Bedok Residences .. IMHO Bedok residences cannot even be compared to this P P areas ..

Kenshinto80
03-03-13, 09:15
Yo Yo Yo .. 40 car parks short is no big deal n no problem in this development given that almost all 1 or 2 bedders are for rental with the MRT walking steps just below the Condo.

Even One leicester with 194 units and 194 parking lots have at last spare 50 lots any one time and some resident have 2/3 cars too. That's the power of City-fringe living (rental) and next to a MRT stn. Every developer understand this stuff of location - rental - MRT.

There would not be any quarrel over this car park matter especially in P P area what's more at Sennette Residences with P P MRT just below the condo. Tuan Sing surely have done their homework by studying the car park situation in this area. Car parks is a non-issue.

...I do not think the issue is Tuan Sing have done their homework....it is purely to exploit the rules on developments near MRT to MAXIMISE profits.

Who can guarantee the future needs of residents? We cannot base on historical trend alone. Look at Nin Residences, Woodsville 28 and One Leicester...their ratio of lots all higher than Tuan Sing. This should be the minimum for a luxury condominium project. I am sure Tuan Sing will not dare put into their S&P to guarantee no parking woes in future else to pay damages.

See below extracts (Tuan Sing is just making use of the 2005 rule to make money...the last thing on their mind is the future needs of their buyers-if they are really concern,they would have gave a one to one...this is a private condominium costing S$1400psf ++ afterall)

Apr 18, 2010
The condo carpark crunch
Parking woes hit condos that do not have enough parking spaces to meet the demands of car-owning residents
By Goh Chin Lian

Car-owning condominium residents can get into lots of trouble.

That happens when the number of cars owned exceeds the number of parking spaces allocated to them.

A recent dispute involved a family unhappy with new condo rules that forbid them to park all four of their cars on-site. They live in Hillington Green in Hillview Avenue.

They had faced no such limit when they moved into their penthouse in 2002, said a family member who wanted to be known as Mrs Lim.

The dispute escalated last month when security guards turned away their Mercedes S-Class. Police were called in to mediate.

Managing agents of condos said they increasingly have to find ways to accommodate residents with two or more cars.

In the past, after allocating each family a space, they still had enough for those with more than one car.

But more families became multiple car owners as the price of certificates of entitlement to own a car stayed below $20,000 in recent years.

Mr Derek Soh, a regional director at real estate firm Jones Lang LaSalle, said a common practice now is to charge residents a fee to park their second or third vehicle.

Some residents may then think twice about owning more cars, or find another place to park.

The Sunday Times understands the monthly charge can be $50 to $100. The Centris, above Jurong Point shopping centre in Boon Lay, charges $270.

Balloting was used by one condo in Bukit Timah that Mr Soh's firm previously managed. About 40 people vied for 30 spaces for their additional cars.

'We balloted every quarter but people felt there was no certainty because for one quarter they had a space; for the next quarter, they didn't,' he said.

Allowing residents to park overnight along some driveways in the estate is another solution, said Mr Chan Kok Hong, managing director of CKH Strata Management.

A handful of the 105 condominiums it manages does so.

He also proposed a device that can stack cars vertically.

He estimates one machine occupying one parking space would cost about $10,000, excluding maintenance. The cost could be recouped by charging residents a fee to use it.

However, he is not aware of any condo here doing this.

While some older condos have 15 per cent more parking spaces than homes, those built in the past five years just meet the government standard of one space for each home.

A rule change in 2005 allowed condos within 400m of an MRT or LRT station, or in the Central Business District, to have up to 20 per cent fewer spaces.

Centro Residences, near Ang Mo Kio MRT station, will have 260 spaces for 329 units.

Waterbank @ Dakota, near Dakota MRT station, will have 554 spaces for 616 units.

Both are due to be ready in the next five years.

Some industry observers question the 2005 rule: Home buyers may choose to live near an MRT station not because they do not want to own a car, but for the convenience of their children. Such projects may face parking woes in the future.

For those who want worry-free parking, Mr Chan suggests condos popular with expatriates. They tend not to own cars.

The Lims, however, are staying put in Hillington Green and have engaged a lawyer. Their condo has 480 units and 492 parking spaces.

The new rules passed internally last September allow each home to have only one space. Those who have a second car, can park it in the estate until they sell it.

Mrs Lim said her family is prepared to give up one car and pay for the additional spaces.

[email protected]

Balloting woes

'We balloted every quarter but people felt there was no certainty because for one quarter they had a space; for the next quarter, they didn't.'

MR DEREK SOH, a regional director at real estate firm Jones Lang LaSalle

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 09:34
Condos by FEO at Bukit panjang already sold at 1300-1400psf. What do you expect from this one that is near a large plot land at bidadari with potential.

mcmlxxvi
03-03-13, 09:35
Visit the show flay yesterday. From agents comment (either lack of info ), seems that developer is non-committal on quite few items especially those built-in stuff including kitchen top. Show flat id is also quite bare minimum unlike the typical show flat. Tuan Sing is non-committal especially on the price as they are gauging the response based on cheques collection.

There is a also a future mixed development (GLS this year) directly on the other side of the P P MRT entrance. So the presence of commercials n mall is also a big factor apart from the walking door-step MRT below the condo. Jaw dropping or not it is a city-fringe condo ideally located with NE line n CC Line in sight and CTE/PIE/KPE accessibility. Those are the selling points. Folks who mentioned Bedok Residences .. IMHO Bedok residences cannot even be compared to this P P areas ..

Bedok Residences is in HDB enclave. Sennett Residences is in private landed enclave. No point comparing at all.

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 10:07
Are you going in for the kill?
Bedok Residences is in HDB enclave. Sennett Residences is in private landed enclave. No point comparing at all.

alamak
03-03-13, 10:38
...I do not think the issue is Tuan Sing have done their homework....it is purely to exploit the rules on developments near MRT to MAXIMISE profits.

Who can guarantee the future needs of residents? We cannot base on historical trend alone. Look at Nin Residences, Woodsville 28 and One Leicester...their ratio of lots all higher than Tuan Sing. This should be the minimum for a luxury condominium project. I am sure Tuan Sing will not dare put into their S&P to guarantee no parking woes in future else to pay damages.

See below extracts (Tuan Sing is just making use of the 2005 rule to make money...the last thing on their mind is the future needs of their buyers-if they are really concern,they would have gave a one to one...this is a private condominium costing S$1400psf ++ afterall)

Apr 18, 2010
The condo carpark crunch
Parking woes hit condos that do not have enough parking spaces to meet the demands of car-owning residents
By Goh Chin Lian

Car-owning condominium residents can get into lots of trouble.

That happens when the number of cars owned exceeds the number of parking spaces allocated to them.

A recent dispute involved a family unhappy with new condo rules that forbid them to park all four of their cars on-site. They live in Hillington Green in Hillview Avenue.

They had faced no such limit when they moved into their penthouse in 2002, said a family member who wanted to be known as Mrs Lim.

The dispute escalated last month when security guards turned away their Mercedes S-Class. Police were called in to mediate.

Managing agents of condos said they increasingly have to find ways to accommodate residents with two or more cars.

In the past, after allocating each family a space, they still had enough for those with more than one car.

But more families became multiple car owners as the price of certificates of entitlement to own a car stayed below $20,000 in recent years.

Mr Derek Soh, a regional director at real estate firm Jones Lang LaSalle, said a common practice now is to charge residents a fee to park their second or third vehicle.

Some residents may then think twice about owning more cars, or find another place to park.

The Sunday Times understands the monthly charge can be $50 to $100. The Centris, above Jurong Point shopping centre in Boon Lay, charges $270.

Balloting was used by one condo in Bukit Timah that Mr Soh's firm previously managed. About 40 people vied for 30 spaces for their additional cars.

'We balloted every quarter but people felt there was no certainty because for one quarter they had a space; for the next quarter, they didn't,' he said.

Allowing residents to park overnight along some driveways in the estate is another solution, said Mr Chan Kok Hong, managing director of CKH Strata Management.

A handful of the 105 condominiums it manages does so.

He also proposed a device that can stack cars vertically.

He estimates one machine occupying one parking space would cost about $10,000, excluding maintenance. The cost could be recouped by charging residents a fee to use it.

However, he is not aware of any condo here doing this.

While some older condos have 15 per cent more parking spaces than homes, those built in the past five years just meet the government standard of one space for each home.

A rule change in 2005 allowed condos within 400m of an MRT or LRT station, or in the Central Business District, to have up to 20 per cent fewer spaces.

Centro Residences, near Ang Mo Kio MRT station, will have 260 spaces for 329 units.

Waterbank @ Dakota, near Dakota MRT station, will have 554 spaces for 616 units.

Both are due to be ready in the next five years.

Some industry observers question the 2005 rule: Home buyers may choose to live near an MRT station not because they do not want to own a car, but for the convenience of their children. Such projects may face parking woes in the future.

For those who want worry-free parking, Mr Chan suggests condos popular with expatriates. They tend not to own cars.

The Lims, however, are staying put in Hillington Green and have engaged a lawyer. Their condo has 480 units and 492 parking spaces.

The new rules passed internally last September allow each home to have only one space. Those who have a second car, can park it in the estate until they sell it.

Mrs Lim said her family is prepared to give up one car and pay for the additional spaces.

[email protected]

Balloting woes

'We balloted every quarter but people felt there was no certainty because for one quarter they had a space; for the next quarter, they didn't.'

MR DEREK SOH, a regional director at real estate firm Jones Lang LaSalle

Ok ... he he .. I think you rite on this matter. But I think those developments with MRT near down town has lesser issue than one in Pasir Ris or Punggol. :D

Kanarazu
03-03-13, 11:03
For Centro Residences, 260 out of 329 lots is not even a full 80%.

Xan
03-03-13, 13:40
Somewhat I feel Bartley ridge is a better buy compared to Sennett, after studying the price, floor plan of Bartley ridge. Sennett is better located though.
Not sure what you guys think?

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 13:46
One is a tail while the other is the head. Which one will you choose? Investor focus on potential upside first while owner look at price first. :)
Somewhat I feel Bartley ridge is a better buy compared to Sennett, after studying the price, floor plan of Bartley ridge. Sennett is better located though.

Xan
03-03-13, 13:52
One is a tail while the other is the head. Which one will you choose? Investor focus on potential upside first while owner look at price first. :)

The question is how far apart is the head and the tail. If not too far off, I will take the tail. That's why interested to gather some perspectives from others.

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 13:58
It is not far when you measure across, ie go through mount Vernon road (up and down the hill. But if you measure the perimeter of the arc, it can be really far. :)
The question is how far apart is the head and the tail. If not too far off, I will take the tail. That's why interested to gather some perspectives from others.

Xan
03-03-13, 14:05
It is not far when you measure across, ie go through mount Vernon road (up and down the hill. But if you measure the perimeter of the arc, it can be really far. :)

Hey thanks. :)
1 bedder between both were ard 100k plus difference.
2 bedder between both were ard 200k plus difference.
As size gets larger, the dif in price amplifies.

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 14:08
Friend, get the FH landed around there. They mar raise the plot ratio in new concept plan 2013. LH has a llife span. :rolleyes:
Hey thanks. :)
1 bedder between both were ard 100k plus difference.
2 bedder between both were ard 200k plus difference.
As size gets larger, the dif in price amplifies.

viosrider
03-03-13, 14:29
After yesterday Sennett viewing, the prices quoted are NETT, i.e. dun think got further disc or ABSD rebate from Tuan Sing. 1 Bdr 485 sqft at $770k, 2 Bdr 711sqft $1.1m @1550psf, etc. We sufferers, slapped with 7% ABSD will have to cough out $77k and $110k respectively, to the garment, meant a lot to us:doh: .I dun think upcoming Sant Ritz will be much lower psf. Was told today 8pm VVIP cheque submission will close.

I am switching my focus to Bartley Ridge with much lower psf. However, mount vernon has zero amenities, that is a real concern, although 400m to Bartley MRT.

Xan
03-03-13, 14:38
After yesterday Sennett viewing, the prices quoted are NETT, i.e. dun think got further disc or ABSD rebate from Tuan Sing. 1 Bdr 485 sqft at $770k, 2 Bdr 711sqft $1.1m @1550psf, etc. We sufferers, slapped with 7% ABSD will have to cough out $77k and $110k respectively, to the garment, meant a lot to us:doh: .I dun think upcoming Sant Ritz will be much lower psf. Was told today 8pm VVIP cheque submission will close.

I am switching my focus to Bartley Ridge with much lower psf. However, mount vernon has zero amenities, that is a real concern, although 400m to Bartley MRT.

My sentiments shares.
I was seriously looking how far off both project in terms of location, price, floor and site plans. My feeling tend more towards Bartley Ridge. Abt 200 to 300 psf diff.
But I will reccee one more time again.

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 14:39
Are u buying for investment or own stay?

Xan
03-03-13, 14:40
Friend, get the FH landed around there. They mar raise the plot ratio in new concept plan 2013. LH has a llife span. :rolleyes:

Recent climate, CMs buy high quantum FH landed bor hua leh.

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 14:40
Have u considered one leicester pool facing units?
My sentiments shares.
I was seriously looking how far off both project in terms of location, price, floor and site plans. My feeling tend more towards Bartley Ridge. Abt 200 to 300 psf diff.
But I will reccee one more time again.

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 14:41
I have been asking people to buy more than a year ago. :doh:
Recent climate, CMs buy high quantum FH landed bor hua leh.

Xan
03-03-13, 14:45
Have u considered one leicester pool facing units?

I did consider one Leicester in 2006 before but in the end bought Kovan melody. :)
Kovan melody 3 bedder was ard 650k that time while one Leicester 3 bedder was ard 740k at that time.

juayster
03-03-13, 14:47

Yes. 0 amenities is a big concern. That's my concern as well. No food n retail shops nearby. Probably have to take mrt just to buy a packet of chicken rice.

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 14:51
I believe the one Leicester cost about 1.4 mil now. How about kovan melody?
I did consider one Leicester in 2006 before but in the end bought Kovan melody. :)
Kovan melody 3 bedder was ard 650k that time while one Leicester 3 bedder was ard 740k at that time.

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 14:52
Walk through the rows of landed and come to the 2 storey shop house to get bak kut teh.
Yes. 0 amenities is a big concern. That's my concern as well. No food n retail shops nearby. Probably have to take mrt just to buy a packet of chicken rice.

Xan
03-03-13, 14:54
I believe the one Leicester cost about 1.4 mil now. How about kovan melody?

About 1.3mil here there.
Both projects appreciate 2x.
But FH projects definitely more time withstanding lah.
Anyway, sold off KM a few years back.

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 14:57
The upper serangoon road leading to kovan has traffic jam. Good to sell it off.
About 1.3mil here there.

mcmlxxvi
03-03-13, 14:59
Are you going in for the kill?

Nah. Even if I have money I don't do big projects (>100 units).

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 15:03
Why? How about 200-300 units?
Nah. Even if I have money I don't do big projects (>100 units).

mcmlxxvi
03-03-13, 15:09
Why? How about 200-300 units?

Can consider if plot is big. Dont like crowded la.

viosrider
03-03-13, 15:34
Are u buying for investment or own stay?
Am buying for self stay with my tiny nest family, but may sell in future if price is right:) .
Apart from future Bidadari park, there's nothing special around to shout about. Behind is flanked by Gurhas camp, sides surrounded by Bartley Sec sch and Maris Stellar, & front is open to main busy road. Mmm, compared with bartley resi BR, this locality is not on high ground:(. Am thinking if get a unit there, may need to cycle to nearest kopitiam abt 500m at Jln Bunga Rampai(Paya Lebar) to get a cup of kopi or drink:scared-3:

sunboy77
03-03-13, 18:46
I actually placed a cheque for #09-11 (3br 1077 sqft). But still thinking hard about it because honestly, the layouts of most of the units are terrible and that is my biggest objection.

Open kitchen (even for 3-bedder) is my biggest peeve. And the washing machine faces the living room? Goodness...
No utility room is the other. Yes some 3-bedders come with utility room but I was told min. $1.7m so it is out of my budget.
If only they give me a utility room but a smaller balcony? Haii....

The general feel I have of this project is: it seems like the architect can't really decide what they want. So they just find spaces here-and-there to plonk in something - henceforth the 65 different floor plans....

sunboy77
03-03-13, 18:51
Haii... if only the layout of Bartley Ridge comes here, it will make my decision easier. Damn sweet location but the floor plans are one of the worst I have seen.

I am surprised that a high-end developer like TS accepts such designs from the architect. It seems like location good means no need to put much effort into the design... :(

sunboy77
03-03-13, 18:56
- duplicate post -

timmy
03-03-13, 19:15
I actually placed a cheque for #09-11 (3br 1077 sqft). But still thinking hard about it because honestly, the layouts of most of the units are terrible and that is my biggest objection.

Open kitchen (even for 3-bedder) is my biggest peeve. And the washing machine faces the living room? Goodness...
No utility room is the other. Yes some 3-bedders come with utility room but I was told min. $1.7m so it is out of my budget.
If only they give me a utility room but a smaller balcony? Haii....

The general feel I have of this project is: it seems like the architect can't really decide what they want. So they just find spaces here-and-there to plonk in something - henceforth the 65 different floor plans....

Hi sunboy, can u share what is the indicative psf for a mid floor 3-bedder in this project?

sunboy77
03-03-13, 19:40
Hi sunboy, can u share what is the indicative psf for a mid floor 3-bedder in this project?

I understand that #15-11 (highest floor 1077 sqft but huge huge balconies + pool view + landed view) is approx. $1.55m. So maybe you minus $5000 per floor. But take note that to get pool view, minimum 8th floor.

sunboy77
03-03-13, 19:41
Prices are not fantastic but I feel that they're quite ok, no doubt.

Kanarazu
03-03-13, 19:48

Bartley Ridge side gate should be just 115m to MRT entrance,main gate is around 230m which is considered super near already.

sunboy77
03-03-13, 19:49
Bartley Ridge side gate should be just 115m to MRT entrance,main gate is around 230m which is considered super near already.
Biggest concerns about Bartley Ridge are:
Zero amenities.
More than 800 units in that small land.
And yet prices are not very much less that Sennett

Layout is VERY good though...

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 20:12
Are you willing to add another $450k to give you a D1 unit with similar floor area , longer than 99LH and satisfy all your needs like 3 mins walk to mrt?
I understand that #15-11 (highest floor 1077 sqft but huge huge balconies + pool view + landed view) is approx. $1.55m. So maybe you minus $5000 per floor. But take note that to get pool view, minimum 8th floor.

Khng8
03-03-13, 20:21
Are you willing to add another $450k to give you a D1 unit with similar floor area , longer than 99LH and satisfy all your needs like 3 mins walk to mrt?
Yeah ! Go EG go EG go!

DC33_2008
You can get a FH 3 bedder at one Leicester with a yard and no kitchen in living room with a floor area of about 1261sqft. .
Biggest concerns about Bartley Ridge are:
Zero amenities.
More than 800 units in that small land.
And yet prices are not very much less that Sennett

Layout is VERY good though...

sunboy77
Sorry bro. $2m is totally out of my budget.
But just curious what is this property that you are referring to? Seems interesting for other people with deeper pockets...

DC33_2008
03-03-13, 20:23
Khng8 has said it.
But just curious what is this property that you are referring to? Seems interesting for other people with deeper pockets...

sunboy77
03-03-13, 20:25
Yeah ! Go EG go EG go!
Sorry what is EG? The only EG I know comes from Honda. :D

price
03-03-13, 20:29
I find it really strange that everyone seems to be missing out the mixed development coming up opposite. Bartley doesn't give u a huge shopping mall. Just thru a tunnel and you'll be at a compass point sized mall..

august
03-03-13, 21:23

emerald garden, old project, but 999y LH.

sunboy77
03-03-13, 21:54
emerald garden, old project, but 999y LH.
Isn't that in Tanjong Pagar???

kirchhoff_liz
04-03-13, 13:31
About 1.3mil here there.

Traffic at KM is so heavy. Wanted to buy but saw the traffic both day and night..........lots of heavy vehicles

ZeeWee
04-03-13, 15:42
Preview may be on 7th Mar Thurs 5pm... Setting up tentage Liao

ZeeWee
05-03-13, 22:31
Pricing looks set to be even lower than quoted by abit... Should make a lot potential buyers happy especially the 1 & 2 bed

bargain hunter
05-03-13, 23:07
just <2 days left? starts thurs 5pm?

Pricing looks set to be even lower than quoted by abit... Should make a lot potential buyers happy especially the 1 & 2 bed

ZeeWee
05-03-13, 23:13
just <2 days left? starts thurs 5pm?

Hmm yup.. Thurs 5pm...

star
06-03-13, 02:50
Those who are going to buy this better pray hard PAP continue to win in this ward. If lose, future mall also don't have.

Kanarazu
06-03-13, 04:50
Those who are going to buy this better pray hard PAP continue to win in this ward. If lose, future mall also don't have.

Should be fine as long as the construction of mall starts before 2016. LOL

henryhk
06-03-13, 05:45
Wat is the price and psf of a ground floor unit at senette? Read from business times tat for a 485sf 2nd floor is at $700k

Lovelle
06-03-13, 09:27
Tuan Sing is expected to begin sales at the Sennett Residence on Saturday, and entry into the showflat will be through balloting. The average price is likely to be around $1,400 psf. Absolute prices start from the low $700,000 region for a one-bedroom unit of 485 sq ft on the second floor.

after absd will still be abt 1600psf

Noexit
06-03-13, 09:30
Heard they are giving extra 1 percent discount for Vvip 1 bedder lowest floor is 734k+ -- 485sf 794k+---582 sf .

bargain hunter
06-03-13, 09:34
Sennett Residence will have 332 apartments and three shop units housed in four blocks linked by a sky terrace. A 50-metre infinity pool and a sky-gym will be built on top of the sky terrace. Unit sizes will range from 485 sq ft to 4,252 sq ft - comprising one, two, three and four-bedroom apartments and duplex penthouses. The priciest penthouse could be around $5-6 million, BT understands.

Tuan Sing is expected to begin sales at the Sennett Residence on Saturday, and entry into the showflat will be through balloting. The average price is likely to be around $1,400 psf. Absolute prices start from the low $700,000 region for a one-bedroom unit of 485 sq ft on the second floor.

after absd will still be abt 1600psf

alamak
06-03-13, 15:12
Should be fine as long as the construction of mall starts before 2016. LOL

GLS for the mixed development will go on as usual. Gahment need the $$$$ from land sales from every available land plots.

sunboy77
06-03-13, 17:13
Haha I just called developer and they say prices has INCREASED!
Specifically, Stack 11 (3br 1077 sqft) has gone up by $120k from last Fiday that he quoted me!!

dtrax
06-03-13, 17:18
Tuan Sing so like to Tua pple.. one moment cheap, one moment exp. So which is which?

jacelynchia
06-03-13, 17:19
Specifically, Stack 11 (3br 1077 sqft) has gone up by $120k from last Fiday that he quoted me!!

I am a bit confused, have they started selling officially?

Are their sales doing so well causing prices to increase?

sunboy77
06-03-13, 17:26
I am a bit confused, have they started selling officially?

Are their sales doing so well causing prices to increase?

They will start selling from tomorrow 5pm. But indicative prices were dished out by them already.

Straits Times reported today that they are over-subscribed!

jacelynchia
06-03-13, 17:29
They will start selling from tomorrow 5pm. But indicative prices were dished out by them already.

Straits Times reported today that they are over-subscribed!

CM7 is not doing any harm after all. hahha

For investment wise , The sennett or Trillinq?

henryhk
06-03-13, 17:44
Are u sure so much? Let's see tomorrow outcome!

ZeeWee
06-03-13, 17:50
Aiyo... Let me clarify...

That particular stack 11 will be more expensive and some of the units which they consider premium... Otherwise the starting price for 1 & 2 are lowered..

Info gotten as of this morning...

iridrium
06-03-13, 20:22
I don't know if they will selling well or not but I'm pretty sure the construction will take longer than typical due to the Underground mrt station and the complexity of the layout and unit mix.

Architect see already also blur.

DC33_2008
06-03-13, 20:24
Mrt tunnel is not really that near with the setback? Furthermore the foundation will not be so deep nearer to the entrance of the station as it is only 5 storey.
I don't know if they will selling well or not but I'm pretty sure the construction will take longer than typical due to the Underground mrt station and the complexity of the layout and unit mix.

Architect see already also blur.

chngz
07-03-13, 16:06
can someone update the pricing there?

price
07-03-13, 16:44
1 bedder 726k :D

bargain hunter
07-03-13, 16:45
r u there? who's our 'live' reporter today? how's the response?

1 bedder 726k :D

RCT
07-03-13, 16:51
If really sold out within first day, u can expect new CM after it...