PDA

View Full Version : Brooks collection @ Springside

yowetan
28-04-12, 10:04
I happened to see a brochure on this project while browsing through my daily morning papers.

I am tempted to buy. I will borrow from friends/relatives/company(bank).

Any view(s) on this project.

land118
28-04-12, 10:21
Very nice 2 page pullout in colour....

yowetan
28-04-12, 10:27
Very nice 2 page pullout in colour....

Yes. The layout and space(s) are impressive.

hopeful
28-04-12, 11:05
I happened to see a brochure on this project while browsing through my daily morning papers.

buy a FH condo instead of this project.

buttercarp
28-04-12, 11:07
Finally they advertised.
Was not aware of this project until recently.
Is the new phase facing the park?
This Brookes collection does not have a full roof terrace but an attic which is practical and I like it alot. The bulit up is very well utilised.
There is no household shelter.
Should cost about slightly more than 2.4 mil
Have not been down there yet.
But looks impressive.

yowetan
28-04-12, 11:07
buy a FH condo instead of this project.

What are the reason(s) then?

What are the issue(s) or foreseen problem(s) for this project?

yowetan
28-04-12, 11:09
Finally they advertised.
Was not aware of this project until recently.
Is the new phase facing the park?
This Brookes collection does not have a full roof terrace but an attic which is practical and I like it alot. The bulit up is very well utilised.
There is no household shelter.
Should cost about slightly more than 2.4 mil
Have not been down there yet.
But looks impressive.

I will dispose my HDB and go all out for this if possible.

buttercarp
28-04-12, 11:09

I don't think there is any issue with this project.
It is a lovely project (from the advert) and situated in a place of greenery.
It is ideal for those who are confident and comfortable in financing it.

azeoprop
28-04-12, 11:25
If u have young children, do note that there are no primary schools within 2km from this location.

But if u like peace and quiet then this is the place for u.

:)

yowetan
28-04-12, 11:28
If u have young children, do note that there are no primary schools within 2km from this location.

But if u like peace and quiet then this is the place for u.

I have 2 infant kids. However, singapore is small that Yishun/AMK primary schools are abundant.

This place is really serene and peaceful. I may plunge my whole fortune in it and take a 90% with my bank.

Astronotus oscellatus
28-04-12, 11:28
I don't think there is any issue with this project.
It is a lovely project (from the advert) and situated in a place of greenery.
It is ideal for those who are confident and comfortable in financing it.
Any problem with flooding in that area?
I remember an agent showing me a house near there years ago...and flooding was a problem in some of the nearby roads cos of topography, and if you are near bottom of slope or not.

phantom_opera
28-04-12, 11:35
Dun buy, u will regret

azeoprop
28-04-12, 11:35
I remember an agent showing me a house near there years ago...and flooding was a problem in some of the nearby roads cos of topography, and if you are near bottom of slope or not.

Not too sure about now, but the whole springside estate is in a low "valley" area between upper seletar and lower seletar reservoir.

hopeful
28-04-12, 11:40

well, it being landed, I cannot buy it.
When economy downturns, there will be many vultures circling around looking for firesales. You are a known weakhand (if what you declared in the forum is true, in reality, you may very well be a billionaire, laughing at us poor fools trying to get rich via real estate).

If you buy FH condo, I can buy it from you at 30% off. If you buy landed, even if you offer to sell me at 50%, I also cannot buy.

Furthermore, there is bigger pool of buyers for condo.
If the best price Singaporean offer to you is 50%, you have to accept.
If the best price foreigner offer to you is 30%, you can accept.
Generally, foreigners are richer and more willing to buy during downturn, so easier for you to sell when you firesale, you can get higher price.

As for project itself, the length is not proportional to the width. I am staying in shophouse and it is a hassle if width not wide. get something more squarish.

so please plunge your whole fortune and your friends/relatives/parents fortune into a FH condo now. Can start by sell your HDB, sell your parents property (the one that generate 2000 rental income)

yowetan
28-04-12, 11:42
well, it being landed, I cannot buy it.
When economy downturns, there will be many vultures circling around looking for firesales. You are a known weakhand (if what you declared in the forum is true, in reality, you may very well be a billionaire, laughing at us poor fools trying to get rich via real estate).

If you buy FH condo, I can buy it from you at 30% off. If you buy landed, even if you offer to sell me at 50%, I also cannot buy.

Furthermore, there is bigger pool of buyers for condo.
If the best price Singaporean offer to you is 50%, you have to accept.
If the best price foreigner offer to you is 30%, you can accept.
Generally, foreigners are richer and more willing to buy during downturn, so easier for you to sell when you firesale, you can get higher price.

As for project itself, the length is not proportional to the width. I am staying in shophouse and it is a hassle if width not wide. get something more squarish.

so please plunge your whole fortune and your friends/relatives/parents fortune into a FH condo now.

Thanks for the input. Good insight from your perspective.

evergreen
28-04-12, 11:43
Ulu place. Anyone who lives here must be able to afford one car for each family member.

I wonder how much was paid to develop the flash website. I hate it.

yowetan
28-04-12, 11:43
Which FH condo will be a good one these days then?

evergreen
28-04-12, 11:55
You are in a better financial health status than me. I am 35 year old this year.

I have two infant kids, one is 11+ months old, the other is coming soon. I have a 4.5 year old car too, but still financing with outstanding loan of 30kSGD.

Our family saving is around 100kSGD (cash/shares) in total, and our HDB flat in Central West area has an outstanding bank loan of 460kSGD.

Given the financial situation you wrote (and from what I recall, your household income is not high), I don't think you should buy private property.

hopeful
28-04-12, 11:56
Which FH condo will be a good one these days then?

buy river valley resale condos, because that is the area I am playing. Not too high class, not too low class, just right

Why resale condo in RV?
bigger area - no wasted space - just nice for your family
lower psf - lower quantum - just nice for your budget

phantom_opera
28-04-12, 12:01
Yowetan is the typical product of sg education, wait to be spoon fed

He always started by lamenting his 10k income, boasting about renting out his parents or parents in law hdb, dreaming to stay freehold big big house, continue asking for advice after forumers told him countless time that he can't afford freehold big condo or big house near bukit timah

Goodwill exhausted Liao

yowetan
28-04-12, 12:03
Given the financial situation you wrote (and from what I recall, your household income is not high), I don't think you should buy private property.

Chiaberry in other thread did commented that in days ahead the price can only goes up in view of inflation.

This is to say a dollar today may not get the same thing tomorrow.

I am taking a bold step to beat the inflation.

hopeful
28-04-12, 12:05

Yowetan, dont listen to the naysayers.
1) You want to follow the rich on how to be rich?
or 2) you want to follow people like yourself who currently CMI?

Albert Einstein definition of insanity:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

You expect to get rich by continuing the same way of doing things you have been doing for 15 years? You are insane indeed.

phantom_opera
Sigh try summer garden near tanah merah, my last post to u

yowetan
buy river valley resale condos, because that is the area I am playing. Not too high class, not too low class, just right

Why resale condo in RV?
bigger area - no wasted space - just nice for your family
lower psf - lower quantum - just nice for your budget

River Valley seems cluttered with old folks and sleaky businesses. It is in a good location but too urban; I prefer greenary and serene environment.

Nonetheless, I will scout around River Valley again to see if there is any opportunity there.

focus
28-04-12, 12:08
I have 2 infant kids. However, singapore is small that Yishun/AMK primary schools are abundant.

This place is really serene and peaceful. I may plunge my whole fortune in it and take a 90% with my bank.

Sound very scary from your last statement. You have to take 90% loan even when you plunge your whole fortune into a $2.4mil house?

You got only $240k ??

yowetan
28-04-12, 12:08
Sigh try summer garden near tanah merah, my last post to u

Your contribution is insignificant and unconstructive.

If you cannot see eye-to-eye with me, you can simply ignore me like I did.

Thanks for your kind consideration.

yowetan
28-04-12, 12:09
Sound very scary from your last statement. You have to take 90% loan even when you plunge your whole fortune into a $2.4mil house?

You got only $240k ??

I am intending to leveraging from my bank's staff loan scheme.

I am looking at loaning 35-40 years if possible. My wife is 30 years old.

buttercarp
28-04-12, 12:12

Not too sure about now, but the whole springside estate is in a low "valley" area between upper seletar and lower seletar reservoir.

Did not know about that.
Does that explain why the price is lower than Luxus Hills and Pavilion Park?
Or is it because it is in a relatively ulu area compared to the other 2 projects?
Got a friend who lives in Springleaf which is quite near springside.
He has been living there for 10 years with no issues of flooding.

focus
28-04-12, 12:12
I am intending to leveraging from my bank's staff loan scheme.

I am looking at loaning 35-40 years if possible. My wife is 30 years old.

Then I have to agree with hopeful. Rather you go looked at FH condo below $2mil and rent it out. You can beat inflation too with an investment condo instead of a landed for you to stay.

yowetan
28-04-12, 12:14
Then I have to agree with hopeful. Rather you go looked at FH condo below $2mil and rent it out. You can beat inflation too with an investment condo instead of a landed for you to stay.

This is why I thanked hopeful for his/her insight.

I am still sourcing for a place for my growing members, consolidating all family members under a roof, maximising and controlling the expenditure flow.

azeoprop
28-04-12, 12:20
How about those 4 bedroom dual key units? You can rent out the studio part and stay in the 3 bedroom part with your family.

The best option are the EC 4 bedroom dual key units. You can rent out the studio part as if renting a room like that, no restriction.

e.g.1
http://www.twinwaterfalls.com/downloads/twinwaterfalls-floor-plan.pdf
type DK2

e.g.2
http://www.onecanberra.sg/4bedroomdualkey.html

yowetan
28-04-12, 12:50
How about those 4 bedroom dual key units? You can rent out the studio part and stay in the 3 bedroom part with your family.

The best option are the EC 4 bedroom dual key units. You can rent out the studio part as if renting a room like that, no restriction.

e.g.1
http://www.twinwaterfalls.com/downloads/twinwaterfalls-floor-plan.pdf
type DK2

e.g.2
http://www.onecanberra.sg/4bedroomdualkey.html

I find dual key units space is actually "wasted" to cater for another kitchen allocation.

lajia
28-04-12, 12:51
My opinion here.
You need not go for freehold as there will always be a gap between FH and LH99. If u think that the price of FH will go up in 10 yrs time, then the LH99 will also go up in proportion. I assume that u are going for new projects. Try The Woods. Nice environment.

In this case u need not loan so much :2cents:

yowetan
28-04-12, 13:03
My opinion here.
You need not go for freehold as there will always be a gap between FH and LH99. If u think that the price of FH will go up in 10 yrs time, then the LH99 will also go up in proportion. I assume that u are going for new projects. Try The Woods. Nice environment.

In this case u need not loan so much :2cents:

The difference is not justifiable.

radha08
28-04-12, 13:18
yowetan i can understand how u feel...what you are experiencing is "Buyers syndrome"...this is a very rare syndrome that affects approximately 2 out of 99999999 buyers of property in singapore...the 2 person affected are you and ME..:D:D:D:D

fh/99/landed/condo/ec/sembawang/siglap/penthouse...everything also WE want to buy...in the END never buy COS we DONT need a house desperately....:D:D:D:D

i am trying to find a solution to this syndrome...so in the meantime please continue with your game plan i will continue with mine....

oh by the way as OF yesterday evening i wanted to buy a LH 99 penthouse at simei green condo..had visions of coming back to my lovely koi pond in the patio way above the hustle/bustle of city life...but after the viewing the unit which is facing AFTERNOON sun...i figured that when i come back after work every day my koi pond would be a pond of FISH SOUP...:scared-1:...thats HOW HOT the blady patio and unit are....:tsk-tsk:

so today MY GPS is ON and i still searching for signal....so far NO signal what kind of property i should buy today...fh/99/landed/pc/ec:confused:

So remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE....:D:D:D

lajia
28-04-12, 13:57
The difference is not justifiable.

Not sure which area u are talking about...
For eg. A inter terrace Westwood park cost say 1.5mil and for almost similar size terrace at Yunnan garden FH would be 2.5mil. Both are in D23. So isn't the gap very wide?? In 10 yrs time, if a Yunnan garden unit cost 3.5mil for eg, then likely the LH 99 Westwood park unit would likely be around 2.5mil...this is what I mean.

focus
28-04-12, 14:31
This is why I thanked hopeful for his/her insight.

I am still sourcing for a place for my growing members, consolidating all family members under a roof, maximising and controlling the expenditure flow.

Oh..desire for multi-generational living under a landed roof. So this one becomes an emotional purchase rather than a logical purchase. In that case, just planned your finances and ensure installment is covered. But I think it's better you keep one of your HDB just in case you cannot tahan the installment and need to rent out the landed and move back to the HDB.

Then..just CHIONG ah! Since even if prices fall after you purchase, you will at least be staying there for a good 10yrs?

yowetan
28-04-12, 18:01
Oh..desire for multi-generational living under a landed roof. So this one becomes an emotional purchase rather than a logical purchase. In that case, just planned your finances and ensure installment is covered. But I think it's better you keep one of your HDB just in case you cannot tahan the installment and need to rent out the landed and move back to the HDB.

Then..just CHIONG ah! Since even if prices fall after you purchase, you will at least be staying there for a good 10yrs?

I am already 35, and I am intending to see myself through with this house if it ever goes through.

It is not just multi-generation but with 2 families; My parents and my in-laws (4 members) with my wife's brother (Single), my wife, 2 infant kids and myself would be using all 5 rooms.

This is why I am also strategically intending to loan 35-40 years since I wouldn't know what would become of me then? By then, the price could be inflated to 10 mil and above?

lajia
28-04-12, 18:33
I am already 35, and I am intending to see myself through with this house if it ever goes through.

It is not just multi-generation but with 2 families; My parents and my in-laws (4 members) with my wife's brother (Single), my wife, 2 infant kids and myself would be using all 5 rooms.

This is why
I am also strategically intending to loan 35-40 years since I wouldn't know what would become of me then? By then, the price could be inflated to 10 mil and above?

so many ppl then very obvious landed is the only choice and the bigger the better. And since u buy to stay and stay until die, bro, mai tu liao. Just do it! Price drop or increase in short term doesn't affect u. :D

buttercarp
28-04-12, 18:50

This is why I am also strategically intending to loan 35-40 years since I wouldn't know what would become of me then? By then, the price could be inflated to 10 mil and above?

Wow.... you are so filial :) !
What about your bro in law..... will he be contributing?

If you don't want to struggle with the loan, then consider jumbo HDB flat.

danieltangtc
28-04-12, 19:05
if you're buying a home, then I guess even if prices rise or fall, it should not concern u. Since u will not sell anyhow.

It is apparent that our leaders plan to keep the property market active to generate activity for our economy.

Front page article about property short supply and about increasing foreigner immigration into Singapore (25,000/year). These are indicators of what is to come.

Things like that are published under instruction of the gov

If I were in your position, I too would look toward a private property.

But, I feel Springside and Brooks collection although nice are too overpriced as you are paying for a new house with new design.

Why not look at a resale landed house say 20 years old with some minor reno.

Price will be a lot cheaper and will have redevelopment potential in future.

Another point is that there are only 70000 landed houses in Spore. Its all about supply and demand. GCBs prices go up due to extreme limited supply. Nexts comes detached with about 10000 units, semi-ds with 20000 units and terr with 40000 units or so, then come private apts with about 150000 units or so.

Singapore is a small island, and what we short most is land. I dont think you are wrong looking at landed. But think you looking a bit overpriced ones

yowetan
28-04-12, 19:24
Wow.... you are so filial :) !
What about your bro in law..... will he be contributing?

If you don't want to struggle with the loan, then consider jumbo HDB flat.

HDB Flat is afterall belongs to government and is of leasehold.

I want something which I can call my own space.

yowetan
28-04-12, 19:26
if you're buying a home, then I guess even if prices rise or fall, it should not concern u. Since u will not sell anyhow.

It is apparent that our leaders plan to keep the property market active to generate activity for our economy.

Front page article about property short supply and about increasing foreigner immigration into Singapore (25,000/year). These are indicators of what is to come.

Things like that are published under instruction of the gov

If I were in your position, I too would look toward a private property.

But, I feel Springside and Brooks collection although nice are too overpriced as you are paying for a new house with new design.

Why not look at a resale landed house say 20 years old with some minor reno.

Price will be a lot cheaper and will have redevelopment potential in future.

Another point is that there are only 70000 landed houses in Spore. Its all about supply and demand. GCBs prices go up due to extreme limited supply. Nexts comes detached with about 10000 units, semi-ds with 20000 units and terr with 40000 units or so, then come private apts with about 150000 units or so.

Singapore is a small island, and what we short most is land. I dont think you are wrong looking at landed. But think you looking a bit overpriced ones

Thanks for the cautious reminder and encouragement.

Yes, I am probably finding one where I can stay for long.

Unit that is of >10 years old, I am worried of the additional cost in renovation, doing up the whole house and making it durable, and reliable for the next 20 years. This is why I am hopeful in getting a new one.

danieltangtc
28-04-12, 19:39
Thanks for the cautious reminder and encouragement.

Yes, I am probably finding one where I can stay for long.

Unit that is of >10 years old, I am worried of the additional cost in renovation, doing up the whole house and making it durable, and reliable for the next 20 years. This is why I am hopeful in getting a new one.

My friend, I have been staying in my fathers landed house for almost 30 years. Unless you buy a POS house built by PCK pte ltd, you will be surprised how durable these "old" houses are.

Look at older buildings like raffles hotel and thoses conservation houses. They are still standing. Anyhow, you should shop around for one of the best condition for psf

danieltangtc
28-04-12, 19:45
My friend, I have been staying in my fathers landed house for almost 30 years. Unless you buy a POS house built by PCK pte ltd, you will be surprised how durable these "old" houses are.

Look at older buildings like raffles hotel and thoses conservation houses. They are still standing. Anyhow, you should shop around for one of the best condition for psf

Also, I feel based on your monthly household income, such new overpriced house above 2m are a bit too ex for you. You should aim for a FH landed inter terrace less than 2m. That should easily house your whole family.

You should aim to bring down your debt to the bank as fast as possible. MY wife and I own a fh semi-d and prime condo, but we choose to rent them out and stay with parents. Try to keep flat for rental if u can

yowetan
28-04-12, 19:50
Also, I feel based on your monthly household income, such new overpriced house above 2m are a bit too ex for you. You should aim for a FH landed inter terrace less than 2m. That should easily house your whole family.

You should aim to bring down your debt to the bank as fast as possible. MY wife and I own a fh semi-d and prime condo, but we choose to rent them out and stay with parents. Try to keep flat for rental if u can

The problem/challenge is I am unable to locate/identify a reasonable unit that is less than 2 mil now.

Are your asset(s) fully paid, or still servicing the loan?

danieltangtc
28-04-12, 19:58
The problem/challenge is I am unable to locate/identify a reasonable unit that is less than 2 mil now.

Are your asset(s) fully paid, or still servicing the loan?

Here let me help you locate some houses
Our assets are still under finance, but not borrowing the way you plan to my friend. 80- 90% is crazy

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing?listing_type=sale&search_type=district&property_type=L&property_type_code%5B%5D=TERRA&property_type_code%5B%5D=DETAC&property_type_code%5B%5D=SEMI&property_type_code%5B%5D=CORN&property_type_code%5B%5D=LBUNG&property_type_code%5B%5D=BUNG&property_type_code%5B%5D=SHOPH&property_type_code%5B%5D=RLAND&property_type_code%5B%5D=TOWN&property_type_code%5B%5D=CON&school=&mrt=&address=&property_id=&distance=0.5&latitude=&longitude=&interest=&hdb_type_group=&minprice=&maxprice=2000000&minbed=&maxbed=&minsize=&maxsize=&minsize_land=1000&maxsize_land=&tenure%5B%5D=F&tenure%5B%5D=L999&freetext=&minpsf=&maxpsf=&listing_posted=&mintop=&maxtop=&sort=price&order=asc&min_latitude=&max_latitude=&min_longitude=&max_longitude=&submit=

buttercarp
28-04-12, 20:01
MY wife and I own a fh semi-d and prime condo, but we choose to rent them out and stay with parents. Try to keep flat for rental if u can

Your parents must be owning a huge house that you would rather stay with them than stay in your own semi D :) !

yowetan
28-04-12, 20:04
Here let me help you locate some houses
Our assets are still under finance, but not borrowing the way you plan to my friend. 80- 90% is crazy

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing?listing_type=sale&search_type=district&property_type=L&property_type_code%5B%5D=TERRA&property_type_code%5B%5D=DETAC&property_type_code%5B%5D=SEMI&property_type_code%5B%5D=CORN&property_type_code%5B%5D=LBUNG&property_type_code%5B%5D=BUNG&property_type_code%5B%5D=SHOPH&property_type_code%5B%5D=RLAND&property_type_code%5B%5D=TOWN&property_type_code%5B%5D=CON&school=&mrt=&address=&property_id=&distance=0.5&latitude=&longitude=&interest=&hdb_type_group=&minprice=&maxprice=2000000&minbed=&maxbed=&minsize=&maxsize=&minsize_land=1000&maxsize_land=&tenure%5B%5D=F&tenure%5B%5D=L999&freetext=&minpsf=&maxpsf=&listing_posted=&mintop=&maxtop=&sort=price&order=asc&min_latitude=&max_latitude=&min_longitude=&max_longitude=&submit=

I understand it is silly, however I have had no choice but to resort to this methodology if I am preparing to get a landed.

danieltangtc
28-04-12, 20:25
I understand it is silly, however I have had no choice but to resort to this methodology if I am preparing to get a landed.

No problems my friend, unlike some other forummers, i encourage you to get a landed for own stay.

But you should not be getting an expensive new landed that has factored in developers profits.

Get one that is cheaper and easier to finance, there are many inter-terr in the 1.Xm range I posted earlier.

Construction cost is about 300psf to build a new 3.5 storey house. Try to find a house which is more than 300psf cheaper than new developments in the vicinity. try to aim for more than 400psf cheaper than new. That way, even if you want to rebuild in future, it will still be cheaper than getting a new overpriced unit (ie brooks collection)

danieltangtc
28-04-12, 20:28
Your parents must be owning a huge house that you would rather stay with them than stay in your own semi D :) !

old house la...bought eons ago

yowetan
28-04-12, 20:38
No problems my friend, unlike some other forummers, i encourage you to get a landed for own stay.

But you should not be getting an expensive new landed that has factored in developers profits.

Get one that is cheaper and easier to finance, there are many inter-terr in the 1.Xm range I posted earlier.

Construction cost is about 300psf to build a new 3.5 storey house. Try to find a house which is more than 300psf cheaper than new developments in the vicinity. try to aim for more than 400psf cheaper than new. That way, even if you want to rebuild in future, it will still be cheaper than getting a new overpriced unit (ie brooks collection)

Thanks for the calculation(s) factoring the rebuild etc; the cost 300psf seems too attractive. I did asked around before, and cost given to me rounds around 400-500psf instead?

Yes, I will keep a look out and be watchful of any potential gem(s),if any.

azeoprop
28-04-12, 20:38
If you don't mind Jurong West, Yunnan Gardens is freehold, BIG land quite cheap psf and relatively new.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9042939/for-sale-yunnan-gardens

land118
28-04-12, 20:39

Good advice...:D

buttercarp
28-04-12, 20:42
If you don't mind Jurong West, Yunnan Gardens is freehold, BIG land quite cheap psf and relatively new.

Wah, can park 3 cars!
But that area is mixed lease, right?
Some FH, some 99 LH.... something like Pasir Ris, right?

azeoprop
28-04-12, 20:46
Wah, can park 3 cars!

I think so, must ask carefully regarding the house lease status. But the location is quite good, opposite the Jurong west recreation center and 10mins walk to mrt. Land psf less than 900 where to find now haa haa haa... :rolleyes:

danieltangtc
28-04-12, 20:50
Thanks for the calculation(s) factoring the rebuild etc; the cost 300psf seems too attractive. I did asked around before, and cost given to me rounds around 400-500psf instead?

Yes, I will keep a look out and be watchful of any potential gem(s),if any.

Erm, if you go to builders who are friends, 450psf can do you 3.5 story with basement using iranian marble and euro materials

Also, construction cost is on high side now. Construction cost follows economy. build during recession better price :)

yowetan
28-04-12, 20:56
Erm, if you go to builders who are friends, 450psf can do you 3.5 story with basement using iranian marble and euro materials

Also, construction cost is on high side now. Construction cost follows economy. build during recession better price :)

Thanks for the info. Do share with me the builder(s) contact if you have any, if and only if I finally get a landed.

danieltangtc
28-04-12, 20:56
Wah, can park 3 cars!

Yunnan gdns all FH. The LH99 side is Westwood just nearby.

danieltangtc
28-04-12, 20:59

This house not bad, somemore has 3 storey 'skeleton' so simple A&A can update the house if new owner desires ;)

This is one of the closest landed estates to the upcoming Jurong Lake District. So may fetch good rental and capital appreciation in future??

jonathann80
28-04-12, 21:12

I think its a good buy. Go all out man. U got our support.

Beebot
29-04-12, 00:15

Do you foresee any conflicts arising in future with both sides of the family staying in one house?

chiaberry
29-04-12, 15:36
Do you foresee any conflicts arising in future with both sides of the family staying in one house?

Agree. If your parents can't get along with your in-laws or your wife doesn't get along with your parents, it will be very difficult. You won't know until you live together. All weird habits will turn up. The grandparents may disagree about the upbringing of your kids and they may get jealous of each other if the kid is inclined to favour one or the other.

buttercarp
29-04-12, 15:58
Agree. If your parents can't get along with your in-laws or your wife doesn't get along with your parents, it will be very difficult. You won't know until you live together. All weird habits will turn up. The grandparents may disagree about the upbringing of your kids and they may get jealous of each other if the kid is inclined to favour one or the other.

Familiarity breeds contempt.
It is better to keep a distance and remain cordial.
That's why after I got married I was "disowned" by my parents.
Actually I wanted my mother in law to stay with me to supervise the maid but she politely refused.

wind30
29-04-12, 16:49
Familiarity breeds contempt.
It is better to keep a distance and remain cordial.
That's why after I got married I was "disowned" by my parents.
Actually I wanted my mother in law to stay with me to supervise the maid but she politely refused.

ya I agree.

Living with parents is a different lifestyle. In your own place, you and your spouse call the shots.

If you live with parents, it is quite different, like not your home. For me, I am the third kid so there is no pressure for me to stay with my parent.

Personally, I don't really mind staying with my parent but I would object staying with my in laws. My wife is the other way round so we settled for a place that is like 5 minutes drive from our parents place. Luckily, my parents and her parents live very close together :)

wind30
29-04-12, 16:50
One thing to note about the springside is that the new NS expressway cuts behind the estate....

you probably want to make sure it is far away because the expressway is a viaduct. It will really sucks if you have a flyover right in front of your house.

land118
29-04-12, 17:01
Do you foresee any conflicts arising in future with both sides of the family staying in one house?Wow, Yowetan, if u can get so many family factions to live happily under 1 roof, u have damn solid command and control...:D

yowetan
29-04-12, 17:19
I have been sharing and selling the idea and preposition to both families; I quoted cost management and financial consolidation to maximising resource(s) we have in hand.

u2torneil
29-04-12, 17:25
Now back to this development. Who went down to see the show room?

:doh: There is no actual show room at all, not even a single actual room or house built for showcasing how the house will look like! Developer got no money to built one before launch?

Nice 3-D transparent models... but expect buyers to commit based on these toy models? :(

yowetan
29-04-12, 17:43

:doh: There is no actual show room at all, not even a single actual room or house built for showcasing how the house will look like! Developer got no money to built one before launch?

Nice 3-D transparent models... but expect buyers to commit based on these toy models? :(

You have visited the site? I wanted to visit, but was somehow discouraged by the comments from fellow forumer(s) here.

PN
29-04-12, 17:57
Wow, Yowetan, if u can get so many family factions to live happily under 1 roof, u have damn solid command and control...:D

Success rate is only 1%
If he go ahead with it, he will regret it from both financial & family relationship perspective .

land118
29-04-12, 18:18
Success rate is only 1%
If he go ahead with it, he will regret it from both financial & family relationship perspective .
I hope he get it right. Becos when dispute happen, then problem on who contribute how much $ may become a sticky issue..., be warn..., but u never know, maybe can be that 1% like u say, Happy Under 1 Roof! All the best if he so decide...

buttercarp
29-04-12, 18:21
One thing to note about the springside is that the new NS expressway cuts behind the estate....

you probably want to make sure it is far away because the expressway is a viaduct. It will really sucks if you have a flyover right in front of your house.
Really?:scared-3:
And I tot it was going to be underground.

buttercarp
29-04-12, 18:23

Omg...... No show flat!
Then how to decide?
They say every phase is a different design, so maybe thats why?

u2torneil
29-04-12, 20:30
LOL exactly... how to evaluate and decide without seeing some proper semblance of the finished actual house?

I only saw tiles, marble flooring pieces, timber flooring pieces plastered on the walls to show what materials will be used for construction :doh:

I'm sure when you committed to your purchase of Pavillion Park, you got to see the actual house as a showroom, right? Similarly for the case of Luxus Hills, townhouses in some condo developments...

Omg...... No show flat!
Then how to decide?
They say every phase is a different design, so maybe thats why?

u2torneil
29-04-12, 20:34
No harm visiting the "showroom" site if you have the time, there were brisk traffic there and a healthy crowd around noon today. Entrance via Sembawang Road, don't turn into the Springside small roads there.

家家有本难念经,plenty others have given you good advices, I won't add to them. IHMO, it's a risky move housing both sides of the family under one roof for sure.

You have visited the site? I wanted to visit, but was somehow discouraged by the comments from fellow forumer(s) here.

hyenergix
29-04-12, 20:51
I hope he get it right. Becos when dispute happen, then problem on who contribute how much $ may become a sticky issue..., be warn..., but u never know, maybe can be that 1% like u say, Happy Under 1 Roof! All the best if he so decide...

TV got many of these shows.

A very memorable one...家春秋
http://data.yule.baidu.com/tv/%BC%D2%B4%BA%C7%EF

PN
29-04-12, 22:25
TV got many of these shows.

A very memorable one...家春秋
http://data.yule.baidu.com/tv/%BC%D2%B4%BA%C7%EF

It's call 家春秋 because it's as messy as 春秋时代

buttercarp
29-04-12, 22:58
LOL exactly... how to evaluate and decide without seeing some proper semblance of the finished actual house?

I only saw tiles, marble flooring pieces, timber flooring pieces plastered on the walls to show what materials will be used for construction :doh:

I'm sure when you committed to your purchase of Pavillion Park, you got to see the actual house as a showroom, right? Similarly for the case of Luxus Hills, townhouses in some condo developments...

Pavilion Park also one kind.
They keep using the same show flat over and over again.
The last Phase 2G and the present Phase 2I have walk in wardrobes, but the show flat does not.
The show flat has an air well in the centre, so it is very bright.
The subsequent phases do not have air well, so I do not know whether there will be a vast difference.
But at least I was able to get the rough feel of the dimensions and quality of materials to be used.

Adva181
29-04-12, 23:50

Whatever project u see, u want to buy. Omg, u really dun give up unless u buy one pte.

u2torneil
30-04-12, 02:02
LOL, I see. Looks like Bukit Sembawang is one of the best, the Phase 6 showroom/house's construction is already finished, when Phase 5 is currently just sold out or almost sold out?

Yes I can't agree more, the rough dimensions and spatial feel of the room space are important.

Pavilion Park also one kind.
They keep using the same show flat over and over again.
The last Phase 2G and the present Phase 2I have walk in wardrobes, but the show flat does not.
The show flat has an air well in the centre, so it is very bright.
The subsequent phases do not have air well, so I do not know whether there will be a vast difference.
But at least I was able to get the rough feel of the dimensions and quality of materials to be used.

teddybear
30-04-12, 08:02
Sigh! Some people is unteachable. Ignorant can get themselves into trouble! Hope that this is just talking for fun and he is not really committed! :rolleyes:

Pinball
30-04-12, 08:08
He TCSS, a troll banned in HWZ forums (yowe55).

http://zndqzsb.wordpress.com/epic/an-interview-with-yowe55/

Sigh! Some people is unteachable. Ignorant can get themselves into trouble! Hope that this is just talking for fun and he is not really committed! :rolleyes:

phantom_opera
30-04-12, 09:21

Exactly my sentiment ... hope he just TCSS

jeaprp
30-04-12, 10:34

was there on sat afternoon, garden view units all sold at $2.5m ave.
very crowded. should be a sellout. not vested

Trapping-bird
30-04-12, 12:39
HDB Flat is afterall belongs to government and is of leasehold.

I want something which I can call my own space.
Yowetan,

I remembered you are hoping badly for the market to crash to come in, so why now you are so keen to buy?

Base on your financial status, you can't even buy a EC, let alone a landed. Own Hdb 400k plus with 100 k saving is hard. If you really want a pte, clear ur Hdb loan first and then buy. Like doesn't mean die die have to own it. We like so many things in life but how many we actually own it? Live within your means and you can be a happy man too.

Thanks
Best regards
Trapping-bird

u2torneil
30-04-12, 13:40
Not exactly, garden view, no. 4 inter-terrace was still available on Sunday, for an obvious reason. Corner-terrace garden view was also still available.

was there on sat afternoon, garden view units all sold at $2.5m ave.
very crowded. should be a sellout. not vested

buttercarp
30-04-12, 14:08
Not exactly, garden view, no. 4 inter-terrace was still available on Sunday, for an obvious reason. Corner-terrace garden view was also still available.

Singaporeans so stereotyped.
No. 4 may be lucky for some people.
So will the developer give discount?
If give 1-2% discount, it is worthwhile.
That means the person who buys that unit "won" that amount by buying it.

yowetan
30-04-12, 15:39
Yowetan,

I remembered you are hoping badly for the market to crash to come in, so why now you are so keen to buy?

Base on your financial status, you can't even buy a EC, let alone a landed. Own Hdb 400k plus with 100 k saving is hard. If you really want a pte, clear ur Hdb loan first and then buy. Like doesn't mean die die have to own it. We like so many things in life but how many we actually own it? Live within your means and you can be a happy man too.

Thanks
Best regards
Trapping-bird

Thanks for the warning. I am fully aware and informed of the consequence should I made a wrong decision/planning.

However, if I do not make the first move I might live in regrets for the inflation and price escalation may well beyond me in future.

lajia
30-04-12, 16:02
Yowetan,

Thanks
Best regards
Trapping-bird

you sounds like a minister or something...:) but anyway, good advice...:cheers1:

ay123
30-04-12, 16:20
Thanks for the warning. I am fully aware and informed of the consequence should I made a wrong decision/planning.

However, if I do not make the first move I might live in regrets for the inflation and price escalation may well beyond me in future.

u might be right. if u don make the 1st move u will be in the same position forever. sometime we have to place ONE big bet in life that could change everything. it could be better or be worse. just be able to take it whatever the result. i know of someone who is in debt for many years. but he saw 2009 as a rare opportunity to turnaround his fate. despite hearing negative feedback that price then (global recession) was very expensive. he made a decisive decision to bet. he borrowed money to buy one decent property and now he is smiling all the way to the bank. from a negative equity he become net asset with hugh gain. of course if the result turn sour, he is in deep shit. one must have a steel ball to do it :cheers4:

buttercarp
30-04-12, 17:06
u might be right. if u don make the 1st move u will be in the same position forever. sometime we have to place ONE big bet in life that could change everything. it could be better or be worse. just be able to take it whatever the result. i know of someone who is in debt for many years. but he saw 2009 as a rare opportunity to turnaround his fate. despite hearing negative feedback that price then (global recession) was very expensive. he made a decisive decision to bet. he borrowed money to buy one decent property and now he is smiling all the way to the bank. from a negative equity he become net asset with hugh gain. of course if the result turn sour, he is in deep shit. one must have a steel ball to do it :cheers4:

I guess to each his own. I can't take the roller coaster kind of life.
I want a peaceful (may be boring to others) life even if it means being stuck in a certain type of housing.

lajia
30-04-12, 17:29
I like someone in the forum mentioning about the Einstein theory. If u do nothing special and expect dractic change, that's insanity...
But having said that, as we aged, risk will exponentially increase. Therefore, if u have full support from family, might worth a try now when u are still young. Eat rice or eat porridge together...one can still be happy if one don't make it. :2cents:

wind30
30-04-12, 17:34
I guess to each his own. I can't take the roller coaster kind of life.
I want a peaceful (may be boring to others) life even if it means being stuck in a certain type of housing.

don't you think what would happen we really leveraged to the max?

When I bought my property in 2009, I used a large chunk of money to renovate it and I took only like less than 50% loan.

If I do not renovate and take 80% loan, I can probably buy 3 of them :)

I think can retire now already... on the hindsight it is easy to say...

at 2009, I was actually thinking of going the renting route and all the properties were like rising like crazy.... lucky never rent...

ay123
30-04-12, 17:41
tats why it depend on how big is yr risk appetite. it really need a steel ball to take tat risk during a global recession. my friend scoop up Sands share at US$5 during tat time and he is sitting at > US$1m profit. it really boils down to yr reserve, guts, timing. there is no sure win game

PN
30-04-12, 17:44
I like someone in the forum mentioning about the Einstein theory. If u do nothing special and expect dractic change, that's insanity...
But having said that, as we aged, risk will exponentially increase. Therefore, if u have full support from family, might worth a try now when u are still young. Eat rice or eat porridge together...one can still be happy if one don't make it. :2cents:

I hope he is just kidding when he mention 100k cash only.
I also hope he is joking with us on borrowing from relative/parents/friends to buy his dream.
I wish he has done all the calculations accurately since he works in a bank.

One wrong move can make a person goes bankrupt & 9 family members (4 parents, he & wife, 2 infants, 1 sibling) will suffer together. This is no joke.

If family war errupts, the whole family will also disintegrate & that will also spell disaster.

Anyway, Pinball says he's a troll so he may be just playing a fool here only.

rattydrama
30-04-12, 17:48
No harm to take a higher risk at younger age. No risk no gain.

I will take a calculated risk. If for the first property, I would prefer to be investment grade ...at least there is something to fall back.

lajia
30-04-12, 17:48
I hope he is just kidding when he mention 100k cash only.
I also hope he is joking with us on borrowing from relative/parents/friends to buy his dream.
I wish he has done all the calculations accurately since he works in a bank.

One wrong move can make a person goes bankrupt & 9 family members will suffer together. This is no joke.

If family war errupts, the whole family will also disintegrate & that will also spell disaster.

Anyway, Pinball says he's a troll so he may be just playing a fool here only.

Haha, my basic assumption is, calculation has been done. Borrow from bank or whoever as long as there is no problem with monthly installments. That's the least min to be considered. And also reserves for raining days...:)

wind30
30-04-12, 17:50
tats why it depend on how big is yr risk appetite. it really need a steel ball to take tat risk during a global recession. my friend scoop up Sands share at US$5 during tat time and he is sitting at > US$1m profit. it really boils down to yr reserve, guts, timing. there is no sure win game

yup wonder got anyone bought sands share at >USD100 in 2007.... Got people win big also got people jump of buildings....

lajia
30-04-12, 18:32
yup wonder got anyone bought sands share at >USD100 in 2007.... Got people win big also got people jump of buildings....

Sure one ma, if not where the winner take the money from?? From the loser ma !!! It goes in circular motion and see who keep the money longer. That's why ppl say 10 gambler 9 loser...

rattydrama
30-04-12, 18:41
I have always been interested in ppty but nvr jump cos my partner dont believe in property for many years.

End 2008, I tired to convince my partner but failed as fear of dropping more. We could afford anytime for a D9,10,11. In 1Q09 price down by 15% and I tried to convince and failed.

In 3Q09 I tried again and finally we bou a FH ppty in RCR thinking that we will be staying there for good but nvr because our plans changed. Its not my choice location but at that time buy anything means something to me.

When the valuation went up, it becomes easier for me to convince my partner to buy more. In 2010, I liquidate my HDB, If I were 1 month early, I could buy a 4-room for self stay. Tats my plan but too bad gov acted faster.

I continue my shopping spree. I buy 2 more after the 1st CM when some seller trying to let go with fear. I took a staggered approach and within my means, so far the plan is working fine.

However, with CM 1,2,3,4,5, it became harder these days. Hence, its very important to buy the right property cos liquidating it maybe difficult n the replacement cost could be 15%.

If I buy landed in 2009, I could be richer, but I think in investment view point, beting all eggs in one basket attract higher risk. Having flexibilty of owning few privates then just one is important is prudent.

Having said that, I dont expect 2009/2010 pricng will happen again as the price has simply move too much.

big bet for big win and small bet for small win. Dont end up big bet small win or no win.:doh:

small bet dont win still ok cos still can accumulate cash for future opportunity.

don't you think what would happen we really leveraged to the max?

When I bought my property in 2009, I used a large chunk of money to renovate it and I took only like less than 50% loan.

If I do not renovate and take 80% loan, I can probably buy 3 of them :)

I think can retire now already... on the hindsight it is easy to say...

at 2009, I was actually thinking of going the renting route and all the properties were like rising like crazy.... lucky never rent...

House
30-04-12, 19:41

ponding not flooding :rolleyes:

wind30
01-05-12, 08:51
I have always been interested in ppty but nvr jump cos my partner dont believe in property for many years.

End 2008, I tired to convince my partner but failed as fear of dropping more. We could afford anytime for a D9,10,11. In 1Q09 price down by 15% and I tried to convince and failed.

In 3Q09 I tried again and finally we bou a FH ppty in RCR thinking that we will be staying there for good but nvr because our plans changed. Its not my choice location but at that time buy anything means something to me.

When the valuation went up, it becomes easier for me to convince my partner to buy more. In 2010, I liquidate my HDB, If I were 1 month early, I could buy a 4-room for self stay. Tats my plan but too bad gov acted faster.

I continue my shopping spree. I buy 2 more after the 1st CM when some seller trying to let go with fear. I took a staggered approach and within my means, so far the plan is working fine.

However, with CM 1,2,3,4,5, it became harder these days. Hence, its very important to buy the right property cos liquidating it maybe difficult n the replacement cost could be 15%.

If I buy landed in 2009, I could be richer, but I think in investment view point, beting all eggs in one basket attract higher risk. Having flexibilty of owning few privates then just one is important is prudent.

Having said that, I dont expect 2009/2010 pricng will happen again as the price has simply move too much.

big bet for big win and small bet for small win. Dont end up big bet small win or no win.:doh:

small bet dont win still ok cos still can accumulate cash for future opportunity.

ultimately, I believe someone will ALWAYS need to pay for the house in the end. The best gauge is the average singaporean capable of paying for a 1.3 million condo or a 700k resale HDB?

When people start to say that rental can pay for the house it starts getting dangerous as the calculation is VERY dependent on the interest rates.

Seriously who here calculates their rental yield based on a 3-4% interest rate as it is the norm? If interest rate is 3-4%, will property still make sense as an investment based in the current prices?

But the prices has gone up in line with the current low interest rate environment so further upside is limited. Interest rates can only go up in the future whether it is by 0.1% or 1%. And when it goes up, the housing prices will readjust when rental yield falls.

rattydrama
01-05-12, 10:23
that is true. today price vs rental yield is poor.

However, if your houses are bought before 2009, the rental yield can cover the monthly instal @ 20% downpayment cos your loan amount is smaller. Some still able to take home pocket $.

With today's downpayment of 40%, still able to cover the monthly instal. However if at 80% loan, most will need to top up.

The reasons why CCR price is not moving fast is also in part, because of poor rental yield. New buyer will think hard before they commit. Those who commit is buying for potential, own stay or simply too rich.

And interesting as all also know, MM seems to be doing well cos of rental yield.

I will not pay for a 1.3m condo if I can get 2 units x 600k 2 bedder or 1+1 at least 600 sqft.

ultimately, I believe someone will ALWAYS need to pay for the house in the end. The best gauge is the average singaporean capable of paying for a 1.3 million condo or a 700k resale HDB?

When people start to say that rental can pay for the house it starts getting dangerous as the calculation is VERY dependent on the interest rates.

Seriously who here calculates their rental yield based on a 3-4% interest rate as it is the norm? If interest rate is 3-4%, will property still make sense as an investment based in the current prices?

But the prices has gone up in line with the current low interest rate environment so further upside is limited. Interest rates can only go up in the future whether it is by 0.1% or 1%. And when it goes up, the housing prices will readjust when rental yield falls.

rattydrama
01-05-12, 10:26
at the moment, singaporeans will dump all your savings into property. I am not sure this will hold true in the next 10 years.

Blue
02-05-12, 11:13
Dun hesitate, just wack lah. I hv made my first million out of this property boom since 2008, and is on my way to make the 2nd million.

Singaporeans in general are few hundred Ks richer bec of this boom, and you just have to realise that paper gain and reinvest the money in other newer properties. Anything new always sell faster and higher than old ones.

Either you take the risk now and push yourself to another level or continue to slog and remain where you are. The world will not wait for you, so do the housing prices.:cheers4:

wind30
02-05-12, 13:07
Dun hesitate, just wack lah. I hv made my first million out of this property boom since 2008, and is on my way to make the 2nd million.

Singaporeans in general are few hundred Ks richer bec of this boom, and you just have to realise that paper gain and reinvest the money in other newer properties. Anything new always sell faster and higher than old ones.

Either you take the risk now and push yourself to another level or continue to slog and remain where you are. The world will not wait for you, so do the housing prices.:cheers4:

It is this kind post that makes me feel apprehensive about entering the market now. People no longer buy property for stay but as a way to get rich fast. Wonder how long this can last. But I think most of your profit is made is 2009 period. Nowadays the market is kind of flat

Actually if you realise the paper gain, you should divest into some other things right?

Blue
02-05-12, 15:19
It is this kind post that makes me feel apprehensive about entering the market now. People no longer buy property for stay but as a way to get rich fast. Wonder how long this can last. But I think most of your profit is made is 2009 period. Nowadays the market is kind of flat

Actually if you realise the paper gain, you should divest into some other things right?

Hehe, actually I hv been hunting houses since 2006 but only bought in 2008 due to HDB 5 yrs restrictions. Back then there were not many control measures, so one can buy a few properties at minimal outlay of cash / CPF.

Even with the US financial crisis in 2009, property prices have not come down alot. Especially for landed, they are steadily climbing up as bargain hunters went in to grab from the panick sellers.

Property investment is a leveraged deal when you put in a small % and borrow the rest. In today's market where there are so much cheap money offered by the banks, why resist? Rental yield is not fantastic, less than 5% but it's the capital appreciation that is the real deal. Most sellers exit on average when they have a capital gain of $300K. Those who hold long enough can make $1M or more. Say if you buy a condo for $1.2M with a downpayment of $270K (20% + stamp duty). And in 5 yrs time, you sell it for $1.5M. Your gain works out to $300K/$300K (include loan interest) = 100% for 5 yrs or 20% per annum. Find me an investment that pays 20% per annum.

Investing in shares => you are depending on the Management Team of the company you invested in, if one key management personnel leaves the company and takes away the major clients / business, the share price drops like nobody's business and will never come back even if you hold the shares for long. There is no guarantee that a company share price will rise over time like inflation.

Investing in properties => You hv full control of your investment as long as you hv the holding power. And bec of land scarce Singapore, you know prices will rise over time ahead of inflation.

Blue
02-05-12, 15:31
My neighbour who is an old couple bought his corner terrance land 3000 sqft for $200K 20 over years ago. Now he got offers for $3M and he doesn't even want to sell it cos he has no need for money while he believes price will rise over time.

So, overcome your fears, ride on the wave / trend. Miss the boat and you remain on the island while your peers have sailed to another paradise.

With more and more foreigners coming into Singapore to snatch our rice bowls, the only thing that Singaporeans can do is to invest in properties and rent out properties to them. It is a double edged sword if you sit there and do nothing and wait to be "killed" when you get replaced by a lower wage foreigner.

newbie11
02-05-12, 17:24

sell a prop and invest in new one will cost you 40% (at least for me, since I have another outstanding loan) + stamp duty, agent fees, etc. worthwhile? Been grappling with this dilemma as my CCR unit movement has been flat.

Blue
02-05-12, 18:13
sell a prop and invest in new one will cost you 40% (at least for me, since I have another outstanding loan) + stamp duty, agent fees, etc. worthwhile? Been grappling with this dilemma as my CCR unit movement has been flat.

The reason why CCR units have been flat cos it probably has reached its peak. Comparing a 3 bedroom condo unit (99 yrs) near Orchard Rd at $3M (built-in 1200sqft @ $2500psf) and an inter-terrace (freehold) in East Coast at $3M, land 1800 sqft with built-in of 4000sqft => which do you think is more value for money?

Landed houses' built-in psf is still low, so there is upside. If one day our government decides to open up landed to PRs, cannot imagine how much appreciation it will be!

I would recommend that you profit out of your CCR unit (if already appreciated) and re-invest something else that have more upside.

newbie11
02-05-12, 20:40
The reason why CCR units have been flat cos it probably has reached its peak. Comparing a 3 bedroom condo unit (99 yrs) near Orchard Rd at $3M (built-in 1200sqft @ $2500psf) and an inter-terrace (freehold) in East Coast at $3M, land 1800 sqft with built-in of 4000sqft => which do you think is more value for money?

Landed houses' built-in psf is still low, so there is upside. If one day our government decides to open up landed to PRs, cannot imagine how much appreciation it will be!

I would recommend that you profit out of your CCR unit (if already appreciated) and re-invest something else that have more upside.

Thanks for inputs. Think I suck at cashing out. Hold until neck long long. Your suggestion make some sense. But to put 40% dp is no joke since landed quantum is not small. I need to move to d5 in few years for son sch. Missus don't like pasir panjang. D5 terrace seemed overpriced at 1k psf while 100 trees and the like sold for 1k psf. Maybe d21....
I thought of d21.

jesico
02-05-12, 21:29

well, other than selling to realise the paper gain and reinvest the $ in other newer properties, another way would be to take equity term loan to pay for downpayment of the next property (if there's enough paper gain). it's the preferred way for some people, esp if you believe that property prices rise in the long term and properties are to be bought and not sold.

lajia
02-05-12, 22:14
well, other than selling to realise the paper gain and reinvest the $ in other newer properties, another way would be to take equity term loan to pay for downpayment of the next property (if there's enough paper gain). it's the preferred way for some people, esp if you believe that property prices rise in the long term and properties are to be bought and not sold.

Which means, we do valuation and take more loan on the same property?

Adva181
02-05-12, 22:23

Keep ur CCR for rental. Dun sell.

newbie11
02-05-12, 22:42
Which means, we do valuation and take more loan on the same property?

yes.. more loan..

gd for my biz. haha

hyenergix
02-05-12, 22:47
Thanks for inputs. Think I suck at cashing out. Hold until neck long long. Your suggestion make some sense. But to put 40% dp is no joke since landed quantum is not small. I need to move to d5 in few years for son sch. Missus don't like pasir panjang. D5 terrace seemed overpriced at 1k psf while 100 trees and the like sold for 1k psf. Maybe d21....
I thought of d21.

Sounds like Nanhua Pri Sch... West Coast will go higher as Seahill has created a benchmark. Jurong East GLS n Hong Leong Gardens enbloc when launched will push psf higher.

newbie11
02-05-12, 23:29
Sounds like Nanhua Pri Sch... West Coast will go higher as Seahill has created a benchmark. Jurong East GLS n Hong Leong Gardens enbloc when launched will push psf higher.

spot on. HL gardens is bought by oxley (king of MM). IOI bought plot beside nan hua at such a high price, I think easily 1.2k psf

Blue
02-05-12, 23:44

This is like doubling up your bets. If market goes in ur favour, u win more. But if it heads south, u will be the first one to jump off the building. I prefer to use money that has been earned to reinvest so even if i lose, i can afford to lose away the previous profits made and still stay alive. Equity term loan is like borrowing from loan sharks and can die one wor..moreover, u need to be sure that ur property can be rented out easily so that u dun hv to service two loans!

lajia
03-05-12, 08:12
This is like doubling up your bets. If market goes in ur favour, u win more. But if it heads south, u will be the first one to jump off the building. I prefer to use money that has been earned to reinvest so even if i lose, i can afford to lose away the previous profits made and still stay alive. Equity term loan is like borrowing from loan sharks and can die one wor..moreover, u need to be sure that ur property can be rented out easily so that u dun hv to service two loans!

Totally agree...good debt later become bad debt and also like that might die faster...:o

hyenergix
03-05-12, 09:12
spot on. HL gardens is bought by oxley (king of MM). IOI bought plot beside nan hua at such a high price, I think easily 1.2k psf

All units will be wiped out in 2-3 months if it is priced around $1.2k psf. Last condo launched at that part of West Coast/Clementi was Hundred Trees in 2009. Demand will be huge. Btw I'm aiming for either this or the Jurong East.

newbie11
03-05-12, 10:24
I think got potential. Clementi mrt has no launch for 10years I think. But jus next to sch is noisy. I think jur east has more potential with the malls, JLD, etc. but too far for me. We prefer really near if we have to move there

Blue
03-05-12, 12:15
How come landed thread becomes condo / cluster thread? :beats-me-man:

hyenergix
03-05-12, 12:29
Because they all sit on land.

Blue
03-05-12, 12:48
Because they all sit on land.

For condos, only the ground flr unit sits on the land, the rest are stacked up! The sky's the limit! :D

hyenergix
03-05-12, 12:49
For condos, only the ground flr unit sits on the land, the rest are stacked up! The sky's the limit! :D

Yup, nowadays these "landed" are getting popular based on my visits to show flats.

jesico
03-05-12, 17:21

I know what you mean. to do that, must have enough emergency cash.

rattydrama
03-05-12, 19:50
All units will be wiped out in 2-3 months if it is priced around $1.2k psf. Last condo launched at that part of West Coast/Clementi was Hundred Trees in 2009. Demand will be huge. Btw I'm aiming for either this or the Jurong East.

Need to wait for another year for Jurong East to launch and I guess it wont be cheap either.

rattydrama
03-05-12, 19:58

Congratulations! now you taking risk cos you are using your profits to push yourself to another level but for those newbies, they will need to have a good heart and strong faith.

For own stay, just buy so long as can tahan the ups and downs. Landed is always good for long term cap appreciation. The problem is with the huge capital outlay, we dont have spare money for any good buys that comes along.

Blue
04-05-12, 11:44
Congratulations! now you taking risk cos you are using your profits to push yourself to another level but for those newbies, they will need to have a good heart and strong faith.

For own stay, just buy so long as can tahan the ups and downs. Landed is always good for long term cap appreciation. The problem is with the huge capital outlay, we dont have spare money for any good buys that comes along.

I was once a newbie, and I took the risk to push myself. At any one time, there will always be worries of a market downturn, so you are always taking a gamble / view when you decide to buy, be it strata or landed.

What one needs is foresight and not hindsight. Not enough cash for landed, then go for condo first and upgrade later when you get the first pot of gold. It's better than sitting back and do nothing, by then landed will be beyond reach.

dtrax
04-05-12, 15:05
I was once a newbie, and I took the risk to push myself. At any one time, there will always be worries of a market downturn, so you are always taking a gamble / view when you decide to buy, be it strata or landed.

What one needs is foresight and not hindsight. Not enough cash for landed, then go for condo first and upgrade later when you get the first pot of gold. It's better than sitting back and do nothing, by then landed will be beyond reach.

clap clap :) Seems like ur first pot of gold was from ur landed purchase?

Blue
04-05-12, 17:55
clap clap :) Seems like ur first pot of gold was from ur landed purchase?

Not really, I pushed my limit to buy both condo and landed one after another!!! :cheers1: Landed gave me the bigger pot of gold of cos!

Then now I sold both to go for bigger landed (balls grown bigger)! :ashamed1:

gracegan
30-10-14, 19:06
For those who missed out the first phase - Brooks Collection, the last phase called Brooks Signature will be launched in Nov 2014. Show houses available for viewing. Register at http://www.property-agentsingapore.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMsTmalubpM