PDA

View Full Version : EC blooming with DBSS decline

FilthyRich
27-04-12, 11:09
As the DBSS scheme goes quiet,the EC market start to bloom instead.
With prices of DBSS closing up with the prices of EC, the EC market easily expandeds into the DBSS market.

As we know, with recent speculation that Parsir Ris one being the last DBSS,
came the invasion of EC which includes "One Canberra" and "Water Colours", which sparked much debate with "Parsir Ris One".

With such measures implemented, potential DBSS buyers place their sights on ECs or BTO flats all in all, due to generally more attractive features, BTO being significantly cheaper, and ECs providing better facilities and exclusiveness.

This probably sparked the recent trend of collective sale, for the development of such apartments to feed the increasing demand.

Just my point of view, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

westin
27-04-12, 11:28
wonder why they have DBSS in the 1st place, not here, not there....bto and ec is enough already right.

azeoprop
27-04-12, 11:32
DBSS feels like HUDC in the past...hopefully they will share the same fate and can get privatised 10 years later.

:beats-me-man:

westin
27-04-12, 11:49
Still no news of the review for the DBSS scheme, the last DBSS is launched today already...

latour
27-04-12, 12:07
Still no news of the review for the DBSS scheme, the last DBSS is launched today already...

maybe the review will be 'no more BTO, garment will only build DBSS and EC.' :scared-1: repackage and rebrand.

radha08
27-04-12, 13:16
howabout resale ecs those over 10 years old are they worth considering...:confused:

FilthyRich
27-04-12, 13:40
maybe the DBSS scheme is not treminated but instead left floating so that next time when a better opportunity appear than can re-use the scheme

House
27-04-12, 13:42
The only "advantage" a dbss unit has is to be able to use cpf to pay for "free" Reno.

As for buyers who have to use cash....:doh: Double faceplam:doh:

When it comes to resale - god bless them.

ysyap
27-04-12, 13:44
Cannot compare DBSS with EC lah... totally different ballgame altogether. DBSS is overpriced BTO. Should say with decline of DBSS, BTO sales go up... :sleep:

westin
27-04-12, 16:01
yup, nowadays nobody talks about DBSS ...all the limelight is on ec .....who needs a condoish hdb....

azeoprop
27-04-12, 16:20
The first few DBSS were in superior location offering real quality and value.
e.g.
Premiere@tampines,
City View@boon keng,
The Peak @ toa payoh.

Some of the later DBSS all in cmi location and a total rip off in terms of quality and pricing.

:tsk-tsk:

kane
28-04-12, 00:49
The first few DBSS were in superior location offering real quality and value.
e.g.
Premiere@tampines,
City View@boon keng,
The Peak @ toa payoh.

Some of the later DBSS all in cmi location and a total rip off in terms of quality and pricing.

:tsk-tsk:

Natura Loft and Park Central AMK also not bad location.