PDA

View Full Version : To parent, at what age did you have your first child?

roly8
25-04-12, 16:14
and your ideal age to start family with children?

JohnTan
25-04-12, 16:22
and your ideal age to start family with children?

Let me tell you the younger the better!

The younger you are the more energy you have to care of young kids, some more can retire earlier and your cash outlay will not be eroded by inflation.

buttercarp
25-04-12, 16:45
Hey.... This is a property forum leh!
Since you asked, I would ask you to consider it from a financial point of view.
Have 2 kids before your wife turn 30 and you will have some tax exemption.
The more kids and the younger she is the larger the exempted amount.

ysyap
25-04-12, 16:57
My ideal... marry by 28 because you need at least 2 years to start earning and saving to have enough for metrimonial home and wedding expenses. I'm not for the idea of borrowing/getting money from parents.

Then enjoy 2 years of no kids. Once kids arrive, its a path of no return.

Best have 2 or 3 kids. One child is very boring for that child. :rolleyes:

Btw, the ave age for guys getting married in Singapore is 30 (I think) and for ladies is 29 (I think).

buttercarp
25-04-12, 16:58
Hey.... This is a property forum leh!
Since you asked, I would ask you to consider it from a financial point of view.
Have 2 kids before your wife turn 30 and you will have some tax exemption.
The more kids and the younger she is the larger the exempted amount.

Oops..... Actually I realized that this is outdated. Things changed in 2005.
Whatever it is, it is better for the woman to give birth when she is young and energetic.

ysyap
25-04-12, 17:03
Having said all this, marrying late for any reasons is nothing to be upset about too. Spend some quality time looking for that someone you can spend the rest of your life with is extremely vital. My friend married his wife after only knowing for 3 months. Now he took to out to drink kopi and lamented his regrets.... I also know of people who are already pass 35 and still deliberating on her potential spouse. She just wants to be super careful.

Doubtless to say, childbearing for a younger lady is definitely easier than for an older one but this should not be the sole reason for marrying early. With today's medical advancement, childbearing at 40 is still feasible, amid that bit more body aches. :rolleyes:

My only issue with late childbearing is when your kid takes you to his/her school for Parents meeting session, you are the only one with a walking stick... :p

roly8
25-04-12, 17:16
i worry for myself...30yr still no gf..
:banghead:

buttercarp
25-04-12, 17:20
i worry for myself...30yr still no gf..
:banghead:

Don't worry bro.
Men no pause.
Any age also can.

carbuncle
25-04-12, 18:18
Don't worry bro.
Men no pause.
Any age also can.
Men no pause... SUPER LIKE lol lol

carbuncle
25-04-12, 18:22
Question: 成家 first then 立业 or vice versa?

Rosegarden
25-04-12, 18:43
正心、修身、齐家、治国,平天下.

i.e.... marriage after graduation.

carbuncle
25-04-12, 18:47
正心、修身、齐家、治国,平天下.

i.e.... marriage after graduation.
Sad to say many parents not even achieved the first... And the 修身养性 become痒性 already even before 7yrs is up

roly8
25-04-12, 19:03
many say is marriage first then start your biz..:o

ysyap
25-04-12, 20:35
Don't worry bro.
Men no pause.
Any age also can.Got lah... andropause... but may not affect every man... :cool:

ysyap
25-04-12, 20:36
many say is marriage first then start your biz..:oI know of a couple who married when guy was still studying. No cash to buy house but parent decided to give them a HDB unit. Hmmm.... well I am not for that but not sure about your opinion... I still think must work for like 2 years to save enough cash... :rolleyes:

kane
26-04-12, 00:38
Question: 成家 first then 立业 or vice versa?
both, together.

Arcachon
26-04-12, 01:41
It all depend on your parents. Parents got money want you to get marry early and have children early. No money will sure tell you to get your career first.

I will tell my son to get marry early, money can earn later I can't wait for my grand kids.

hyenergix
26-04-12, 06:07
It all depend on your parents. Parents got money want you to get marry early and have children early. No money will sure tell you to get your career first.

I will tell my son to get marry early, money can earn later I can't wait for my grand kids.

I think most guys have their first kid around early 30s, while for ladies it is late 20s. But it depends on race and nationality too.

ysyap
26-04-12, 06:31

I will tell my son to get marry early, money can earn later I can't wait for my grand kids.You are naturally speaking from a loving parents' point of view coz you are willing to dish out the cash to help him. However, is your son sharing the same view? My cousin refused to take a single cent from his parents despite the fact that they were willing to pay for his metrimonial home and wedding dinner. I never asked my parents for any help too. :cheers6:

buttercarp
26-04-12, 08:29

It is good that you have the grandparent instinct.
For me I couldn't care less if my kids got married or not, and not to mention having grandchildren.
No way I would take care of them if I have any in future.
Even if they get married in future, it is their problem.
I would not want to participate in it other than giving them my blessings.
To me if you want to bring life into this world you have to be able to provide quality care. If you are not confident, then don't bring a child into this world.
So I would encourage my kids to think of career first before marriage.

PN
26-04-12, 09:05
If you look at the statistics in SG, the median age for guys is 30 and gals is 27.7.

My personal opinion is 26/27 for girls and early 30 for guy. Reason as I mentioned in another thread...... maturity and financial ability to start a family.

Maturity - both are now ready to settle down and start a family. No more or less going to pubs or clubbing. Less impulsive and they know what kind of wife/husband they need at these age. Go for looks is normal but must also understand the other half besides the face. Tell you guys a secret here. A friend actuallly introduce me a very pretty girl before I married my wife. My wife is also pretty by my standard but still will look pale if both stand side by side. But I just don't feel secure to have such beauty as wife. No regrets for the decision made. :cheers1:

Career & Income - Both should be working for at least 6 yrs already (guy got NS). So both combined income & savings (plus CPF) should be enough to buy their love nest. Don't keep relying on parents to buy for you. If parents insist on helping you with $$$, make sure you don't let them down when you married. Pay them back by installment or care for them for the rest of their life.

Babies - if girls married at 26 & with some family planning, first child will come at 27/28 and second child probably around 32. If still want 3rd child still can make it at or before 35.

:2cents:

roly8
26-04-12, 09:47
If you look at the statistics in SG, the median age for guys is 30 and gals is 27.7.

My personal opinion is 26/27 for girls and early 30 for guy. Reason as I mentioned in another thread...... maturity and financial ability to start a family.

Maturity - both are now ready to settle down and start a family. No more or less going to pubs or clubbing. Less impulsive and they know what kind of wife/husband they need at these age. Go for looks is normal but must also understand the other half besides the face. Tell you guys a secret here. A friend actuallly introduce me a very pretty girl before I married my wife. My wife is also pretty by my standard but still will look pale if both stand side by side. But I just don't feel secure to have such beauty as wife. No regrets for the decision made. :cheers1:

Career & Income - Both should be working for at least 6 yrs already (guy got NS). So both combined income & savings (plus CPF) should be enough to buy their love nest. Don't keep relying on parents to buy for you. If parents insist on helping you with $$$, make sure you don't let them down when you married. Pay them back by installment or care for them for the rest of their life.

Babies - if girls married at 26 & with some family planning, first child will come at 27/28 and second child probably around 32. If still want 3rd child still can make it at or before 35.

:2cents:
haha.. thanks for sharing. Really valuable!!

i prefer average looking also. Definitely not into pretty girl. They really do make feel unsecure.

And i do check the type of diet/food she eat - healthy or unhealthy & the personality - simple or complicated type .. LOL!! :D

eg. i once attracted to a lady while having my meal outside sometime back..
and she have fish & chip(fried) + a cold drink to wash down her food.. this is a big NONO... :doh:

You are naturally speaking from a loving parents' point of view coz you are willing to dish out the cash to help him. However, is your son sharing the same view? My cousin refused to take a single cent from his parents despite the fact that they were willing to pay for his metrimonial home and wedding dinner. I never asked my parents for any help too. :cheers6:
i am under this category ..find it ashamed to use my parent's money when you are already grow up. And my parent are not rich enough to pay for my wedding & house too... so, i foresee it is really up to me to work hard to settle everything myself..

It is good that you have the grandparent instinct.
For me I couldn't care less if my kids got married or not, and not to mention having grandchildren.
No way I would take care of them if I have any in future.
Even if they get married in future, it is their problem.
I would not want to participate in it other than giving them my blessings.
To me if you want to bring life into this world you have to be able to provide quality care. If you are not confident, then don't bring a child into this world.
So I would encourage my kids to think of career first before marriage.
Good one.. must plan properly before plunge in marriage & baby .. it is a big decision to make

ysyap
26-04-12, 10:10
By today's standards, finding a girl who is married at 26 is really rare. You sure the statistic of 27.7 is updated? I vaguely remembered its like 28 or 29. Hmmm... In past 5 years, I only know of one girl who was married at 26 (not mentioning short gun lah).

chiaberry
26-04-12, 10:27
Personal experience: Had my first child at 35, last child at 41.

If I had the chance again, I would have had them earlier. As forum members have rightly pointed out, you have more energy to take care of them when you are younger.

For guys, keep on looking. Must pay close attention to the personality and life style habits as well as the looks. The very pretty ones are somewhat of a question mark: I hear that many of the cases of cheating spouse these days involves the wife rather than the husband (this info from medical circles rather than social circles as that is where they end up when things go wrong.....). And I think another flag is the one carrying the Birkin hand bag. Need to watch out for that one as she has some tendency to value material possessions....

ysyap
26-04-12, 11:05
haha.. thanks for sharing. Really valuable!!

i prefer average looking also. Definitely not into pretty girl. They really do make feel unsecure.

And i do check the type of diet/food she eat - healthy or unhealthy & the personality - simple or complicated type .. LOL!! :D

eg. i once attracted to a lady while having my meal outside sometime back..
and she have fish & chip(fried) + a cold drink to wash down her food.. this is a big NONO... :doh:

i am under this category ..find it ashamed to use my parent's money when you are already grow up. And my parent are not rich enough to pay for my wedding & house too... so, i foresee it is really up to me to work hard to settle everything myself..

Good one.. must plan properly before plunge in marriage & baby .. it is a big decision to makeOne of the worse thing to do is to subject yourself to comparison with other people. Different people have different standards when it comes to marriage age and childbearing age. It is not helpful if you keep comparing yourself with people around you. Its good that you are at least objective and know that you want to start asking and looking.

Me no guru but just a few pointers...

Other than the super NO NO like what you've mentioned about eating habits, etc, the funny thing is you'll never know who is the right person until you spend some time getting to know that person. That process can take up to 2 or 3 months. You not only discreetly observe but also must have lunch or chit chat with the person to have a hint of her values and perspective and hobbies, etc. Don't just watch and watch and watch then you soon realize she's attached liao... :)

PN
26-04-12, 11:25
By today's standards, finding a girl who is married at 26 is really rare. You sure the statistic of 27.7 is updated? I vaguely remembered its like 28 or 29. Hmmm... In past 5 years, I only know of one girl who was married at 26 (not mentioning short gun lah).

I don't have 2011 figures so using 2010 figures. These figures include both married under women's charter and muslim law act. If exclude muslim law act, Median age at 1st marriage:-
Groom is 30.4
Bride is 28

More on those under women's charter,

75% of the 20k under women's charter are 1st marriage.
Which means the other 25% are not 1st timer

76.9% of grooms and 74.5 of brides are with Uni qualifications.

PN
26-04-12, 11:33
One of the worse thing to do is to subject yourself to comparison with other people. Different people have different standards when it comes to marriage age and childbearing age. It is not helpful if you keep comparing yourself with people around you. Its good that you are at least objective and know that you want to start asking and looking.

Me no guru but just a few pointers...

Other than the super NO NO like what you've mentioned about eating habits, etc, the funny thing is you'll never know who is the right person until you spend some time getting to know that person. That process can take up to 2 or 3 months. You not only discreetly observe but also must have lunch or chit chat with the person to have a hint of her values and perspective and hobbies, etc. Don't just watch and watch and watch then you soon realize she's attached liao... :)

Great advise :cheers1:

ysyap
26-04-12, 11:41
I don't have 2011 figures so using 2010 figures. These figures include both married under women's charter and muslim law act. If exclude muslim law act, Median age at 1st marriage:-
Groom is 30.4
Bride is 28

More on those under women's charter,

75% of the 20k under women's charter are 1st marriage.
Which means the other 25% are not 1st timer

76.9% of grooms and 74.5 of brides are with Uni qualifications.Startling results. Does 75% of our countrymen/women enter uni? Don't think its that high a figure. If not, then those who are married consists of some 75% grads... hmmm... does this imply that more of those who don't enter uni prefer not to marry as compared to grads and undergrads? :confused:

PN
26-04-12, 12:09
Startling results. Does 75% of our countrymen/women enter uni? Don't think its that high a figure. If not, then those who are married consists of some 75% grads... hmmm... does this imply that more of those who don't enter uni prefer not to marry as compared to grads and undergrads? :confused:

For grooms,
Secondary & lower education 6.3%
Post secondary education 19.1%

That's for 2010. Don't know if it's still same for 2011.

But one thing for sure is people are getiing better educated with higher qualification. That's why nobody want to do the lower pay laborious work. That's is the main reason why Singapore is dependent on FW to fill these jobs.

It happens not just in Singapore but also other major cities in other countries such as Shanghai, Beijing, etc. But Singapore is better with lower unemployment rate.

howgozit
26-04-12, 12:21
There is no doubt that having kids as young as possible is beneficial for both the the kids and the parents. Makes financial and physiological sense.

Problem is, it probably means you have to marry young as well.

I think most marriages don't work out well when people marry too young, they have not seen enough of the world and met enough interesting people. Along the way as they grow and mature, they can have a better feel of who they are and what type of person they want as a life partner. They may regret committing to the choices they've made when they were younger..

gn108
26-04-12, 13:14
Best TIME to get married is when they are done playing the field and ready to committ, esp for the men. The age is when they are mentally prepared. But no earlier till they get a stable job ...regardless of committment level.

I'd say for men ...between 31-35 and women between 28-32 for Poly/Grads and maybe take away a couple of years each for non-poly/grads.

gn108
26-04-12, 13:16
Women can solve that problem by marrying a older/stable/richer guy.
Compromise - get best of both - yummy mummy and stable dad.

There is no doubt that having kids as young as possible is beneficial for both the the kids and the parents. Makes financial and physiological sense.

Problem is, it probably means you have to marry young as well.

I think most marriages don't work out well when people marry too young, they have not seen enough of the world and met enough interesting people. Along the way as they grow and mature, they can have a better feel of who they are and what type of person they want as a life partner. They may regret committing to the choices they've made when they were younger..

ysyap
26-04-12, 13:19
Not sure if this is representative but I subtly observe that more and more women are delaying their marriage for whatever reasons. Guys want to marry but women say later... Hmmm... maybe just those few I know... :beats-me-man:

carbuncle
26-04-12, 13:50
Best TIME to get married is when they are done playing the field and ready to committ, esp for the men. The age is when they are mentally prepared. But no earlier till they get a stable job ...regardless of committment level.

I'd say for men ...between 31-35 and women between 28-32 for Poly/Grads and maybe take away a couple of years each for non-poly/grads.
Ok lor then I expired and moldy liao lor

carbuncle
26-04-12, 13:52
Startling results. Does 75% of our countrymen/women enter uni? Don't think its that high a figure. If not, then those who are married consists of some 75% grads... hmmm... does this imply that more of those who don't enter uni prefer not to marry as compared to grads and undergrads? :confused:
More like most of those who married are grads thats why so few babies... The higher educated you are the higher in the maslow hierarchy of needs you seek...

carbuncle
26-04-12, 13:59
Personal experience: Had my first child at 35, last child at 41.

If I had the chance again, I would have had them earlier. As forum members have rightly pointed out, you have more energy to take care of them when you are younger.

For guys, keep on looking. Must pay close attention to the personality and life style habits as well as the looks. The very pretty ones are somewhat of a question mark: I hear that many of the cases of cheating spouse these days involves the wife rather than the husband (this info from medical circles rather than social circles as that is where they end up when things go wrong.....). And I think another flag is the one carrying the Birkin hand bag. Need to watch out for that one as she has some tendency to value material possessions....
Worldly wise, decent looking, healthy and slim, exercise regularly, good conversationalist, interest in property (very important ha ha), not materialistic wear hang ten also look beautiful, eat simple, easily contented... Sounds like from movies only?? Where to find... Either married or dead.

howgozit
26-04-12, 14:34
Before you expect these qualities from a prospective spouse, you have to ask yourself how many of these qualities do you personally possess....

Worldly wise, decent looking, healthy and slim, exercise regularly, good conversationalist, interest in property (very important ha ha), not materialistic wear hang ten also look beautiful, eat simple, easily contented... Sounds like from movies only?? Where to find... Either married or dead.

carbuncle
26-04-12, 14:38
Before you expect these qualities from a prospective spouse, you have to ask yourself how many of these qualities do you personally possess....
Of course. Thats only fair. All pass except I dont wear Hang Ten. Not nowadays at least... Oh forgot to add. Sense of humor and able to laugh at oneself also very important. ;-)

gn108
26-04-12, 14:49
You can be an outlier ...like Black Swan event...:cheers5:

Guys older better ...

Ok lor then I expired and moldy liao lor

howgozit
26-04-12, 14:50
Of course. Thats only fair. All pass except I dont wear Hang Ten. Not nowadays at least... Oh forgot to add. Sense of humor and able to laugh at oneself also very important. ;-)

Well... if you already possess the below like you say you are
1. Slim like
2. Healthy
3. Decent Looking
4. World wisely
5. Easily contented
6. Look beautiful in simple clothes (like Hang Ten for e.g)
7. Not materialistic ie... down to earth
8. Eat simply
9. Good conversationalist
10. Good sense of humour
Then the women in Singapore must blind, deaf and dumb because you are quite a catch......:rolleyes:

hahaha.... joke joke only ah... ok

maisonjai
26-04-12, 16:27

Have leh, need to look harder + a bit of luck lor.

Rich grad meets hawker: More S'porean girls OK with 'marrying down'
Eliza Lee, 22, is not only a fresh graduate who studied at a top secondary school, she is also from a wealthy family and used to be chauffeured home from school. Despite her background, she chose to marry a chicken rice seller.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1060856/fresh_grad_marries_hawker.html

carbuncle
26-04-12, 17:21

Have leh, need to look harder + a bit of luck lor.

Eliza Lee, 22, is not only a fresh graduate who studied at a top secondary school, she is also from a wealthy family and used to be chauffeured home from school. Despite her background, she chose to marry a chicken rice seller.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1060856/fresh_grad_marries_hawker.html

Wei. Chix rice seller make more then typical grad hor pls

carbuncle
26-04-12, 17:23
Well... if you already possess the below like you say you are
1. Slim like
2. Healthy
3. Decent Looking
4. World wisely
5. Easily contented
6. Look beautiful in simple clothes (like Hang Ten for e.g)
7. Not materialistic ie... down to earth
8. Eat simply
9. Good conversationalist
10. Good sense of humour
Then the women in Singapore must blind, deaf and dumb because you are quite a catch......:rolleyes:

hahaha.... joke joke only ah... ok

Problem is i not into women wakakKaka

howgozit
26-04-12, 19:03
Problem is i not into women wakakKaka

Those qualities men like also what.....

howgozit
26-04-12, 19:04
[quote=maisonjai]

Wei. Chix rice seller make more then typical grad hor pls

I am quite sure it is not about the money for those two

PN
26-04-12, 19:13
[quote=carbuncle]

I am quite sure it is not about the money for those two

Someone was telling me that young girls like guys that is a bit 坏坏的。

They don't like 乖乖的

Any ladies here that can verify this?

carbuncle
26-04-12, 19:18
[QUOTE=howgozit]

They don't like 乖乖的

坏坏 for bf. 怪怪 for hubby...

PN
26-04-12, 19:27
坏坏 for bf. 怪怪 for hubby...

Something new.
Why 怪怪 for hubby?

carbuncle
26-04-12, 19:37
Something new.
Why 怪怪 for hubby?
Better sooner than later to see all the 怪癖 come out first. Anyway 这里没有天使....

chiaberry
26-04-12, 19:51
[quote=carbuncle]

This marriage may not last. When I lived and worked overseas, my neighbour broke up with his wife. She was from a wealthy family, he had his own business laying carpets. They had 3 lovely children. But when they got older, the social class differences got in the way. He liked to spend his time off doing gardening and chilling out with a beer. She liked to go off skiing. They got divorced and she returned to her parents' mansion.

buttercarp
26-04-12, 19:57

They don't like 乖乖的

乖乖的- mummy's boy

坏坏的 (tinge only) - can protect the girl

So outwardly must look rough and tough, but actually inside is flexible.:D

PN
26-04-12, 19:57
Better sooner than later to see all the 怪癖 come out first. Anyway 这里没有天使....

Then should cohabitate (test drive) first. If got 怪癖 or cannot live together, don't marry lor.

Isn't this very common today?

howgozit
26-04-12, 20:19

They don't like 乖乖的

男人不坏,女人不爱.......:cool:

PN
26-04-12, 20:43
男人不坏,女人不爱.......:cool:

I see.

I'm so glad got this thread to TCSS. :p

A war is going on in the 70% thread. Cannot go there liao. :doh:

howgozit
26-04-12, 20:57
I see.

I'm so glad got this thread to TCSS. :p

A war is going on in the 70% thread. Cannot go there liao. :doh:

Yah... Teddy is on fire now...:simmering:

carbuncle
26-04-12, 21:22
[quote=maisonjai]

This marriage may not last. When I lived and worked overseas, my neighbour broke up with his wife. She was from a wealthy family, he had his own business laying carpets. They had 3 lovely children. But when they got older, the social class differences got in the way. He liked to spend his time off doing gardening and chilling out with a beer. She liked to go off skiing. They got divorced and she returned to her parents' mansion.
Who has custody of the kids? Or needless to ask... My parents also starkly different. One likes to go out all the time and tours etc, one loves to rot at home before the tv...

carbuncle
26-04-12, 21:24
Then should cohabitate (test drive) first. If got 怪癖 or cannot live together, don't marry lor.

Isn't this very common today?
Ya already test drove many until lost count liao... Still single.

teddybear
26-04-12, 21:32
:jaw-dropping:

ysyap
27-04-12, 07:49
Ya already test drove many until lost count liao... Still single.You said you are not into women but you still go test drive? Hmmm.... the result of those test drives is already out before you even step in! :beats-me-man:

ysyap
27-04-12, 07:50
[quote=maisonjai]

This marriage may not last. When I lived and worked overseas, my neighbour broke up with his wife. She was from a wealthy family, he had his own business laying carpets. They had 3 lovely children. But when they got older, the social class differences got in the way. He liked to spend his time off doing gardening and chilling out with a beer. She liked to go off skiing. They got divorced and she returned to her parents' mansion.For every failed marriage, there is that one successful marriage! :cheers4:

PN
27-04-12, 08:43

Hmm...The problem doesn't lies with the girls.
It can't be 100 girls all cannot get along with you. (You said you lost count so hopefully 100 is not too low)

That means you're either too choosy, a playboy or not ready to settle down mah.

buttercarp
27-04-12, 09:18
It can't be 100 girls all cannot get along with you. (You said you lost count so hopefully 100 is not too low)

It is like selling a property.
Just need the correct person to close the deal.

Laguna
27-04-12, 09:55
I look at my daughter's friends. Now all have to stay together for at least 1-2 years before they decide whether they want to get married or not. The reason given to me was : If we dun stay together first, how are we going to know whether the marriage will work?

Also, discussing about divorce, the Gen Y takes it so easy. If dun work, that is. Seeing more and more single parents nowadays.:scared-3:

howgozit
27-04-12, 10:05
I look at my daughter's friends. Now all have to stay together for at least 1-2 years before they decide whether they want to get married or not. The reason given to me was : If we dun stay together first, how are we going to know whether the marriage will work?

Also, discussing about divorce, the Gen Y takes it so easy. If dun work, that is. Seeing more and more single parents nowadays.:scared-3:

like that the girl lose out leh.... 生米煮成熟饭

or am I just old fashioned?

buttercarp
27-04-12, 10:10

Stay together does not mean "did it".
Don't stay together does not mean ""did not do it".
It all boils down to self restraint and upbringing.

PN
27-04-12, 10:13

Frankly speaking I think try out first is still better than jump into a marriage blindly. If cannot get alone with, don't get married and you still a single.

But married and divorce later, people will still see you as a divorcee. If got children worst. May have problem getting marriedd again. I could be wrong but still feel that chinese generally still don't like to married a divorcee with child. That's why got single parent and probably also paranoid already. Rather not married again?

howgozit
27-04-12, 10:14
Stay together does not mean "did it".
Don't stay together does not mean ""did not do it".
It all boils down to self restraint and upbringing.

what's the point of staying together but "don't do it"?

Anyway if you stay together but "don't do it" it will not simulate actual marriage conditions and thus defeats the purpose of staying together to "try it out"

PN
27-04-12, 10:18

I would say WE are old fashioned.

But gen Y don't think that way. It's part of their life & they enjoy it.
That's way some friends were saying instead of stopping them, tell them to take precautionary measures. Must Must Must use the rubber. Abortion is bad for health & karma.

Parents like us can't stop them one. That's why I'm still brain washing my girls.... step by step.

PN
27-04-12, 10:25

Anyway if you stay together but "don't do it" it will not simulate actual marriage conditions and thus defeats the purpose of staying together to "try it out"

Exactly. If want to stay together then MUST DO IT. When a person decided to cohabitate with furture partner, must be mentally prepared to do it. Already staying together better find out everything about the him/her. Maybe one of them CANNOT DO IT how? Assuming everything is good, get married and end up with divorce.

And it is impossible to stay together and just HOLD HAND everyday in the same room and bed. Can't imagine that.

It's like wanting to test drive a car but didn't even start the engine. How to tell if the car can perform or not? :confused:

BUT BUT BUT don't do this countless time hor. Only try out if you think you want to marry him/her. If everyone also must stay togther for 1 to 2 yrs, you need 100 years to try out 50 persons. :D

gn108
27-04-12, 10:27
I understand this has been happening in Hk for some time.

But the reasoning is slightly different - the girls move-in with the boy esp if he has his own place. Since generally HK-ers live in small spaces, if you move-in with the boy's own shoebox, your average personal space will increase!

When break-up, move back with family - "rinse and repeat" with new BF.

So SG family dynamics might go that way with more and more shoeboxes.

chiaberry
27-04-12, 11:06
[quote=chiaberry]
Who has custody of the kids? Or needless to ask... My parents also starkly different. One likes to go out all the time and tours etc, one loves to rot at home before the tv...

The mother had custody of the kids. Sent them to posh (read "expensive") boarding schools. The father only got to see them during holidays (provided they weren't following the mother to some exotic destination). She was a "hot" (beautiful) blonde. But as far as I am aware, neither of them remarried immediately. I could see why there was a mismatch. The husband was an ordinary-looking down-to-earth bloke. Very nice neighbour.

buttercarp
27-04-12, 11:26

Marriage life is not only about "doing it".
Doing it adds to the fun and contribution to the next generation.
So if don't do it and can still tolerate the other party means that the marriage has a strong foundation and is likely to stand the test of time.

howgozit
27-04-12, 14:11
Marriage life is not only about "doing it".
Doing it adds to the fun and contribution to the next generation.
So if don't do it and can still tolerate the other party means that the marriage has a strong foundation and is likely to stand the test of time.

If that is the case then no need to co-habit....

But honestly speaking... do you expect a healthy couple in their sexual prime living together, sleeping on the same bed, apparently in love with each other... to not "do it" ?

Hahaha... I thought I was old fashioned but I think you are more old fashioned than I.

buttercarp
27-04-12, 14:21

But honestly speaking... do you expect a healthy couple in their sexual prime living together, sleeping on the same bed, apparently in love with each other... to not "do it" ?

Hahaha... I thought I was old fashioned but I think you are more old fashioned than I.

It is difficult but it can be achieved.
Once it is achieved, the relationship will likely be everlasting.

carbuncle
27-04-12, 14:37
You said you are not into women but you still go test drive? Hmmm.... the result of those test drives is already out before you even step in! :beats-me-man:
I test drove men ok... Can?

carbuncle
27-04-12, 14:39

Its just sad that the more you drive the more you learn more about what you DONT want...

carbuncle
27-04-12, 14:42

They seem happy and proud to be single mum leh. Perhaps is the pop culture glamorisation of this. Happy come. Not happy go. If I want baby I can handle on my own....

carbuncle
27-04-12, 14:46

To some, getting married may mean end of doing it? No more fun... No more turn on... Every day see the same man/ woman... Or worse the same man/woman grow sideways day by day... Start picking the nose and eating it, wear boxers to 7-11, swim in the underwear, drink direct from bottle from the fridge... Etc etc ;-p

carbuncle
27-04-12, 14:48
Exactly. If want to stay together then MUST DO IT. When a person decided to cohabitate with furture partner, must be mentally prepared to do it. Already staying together better find out everything about the him/her. Maybe one of them CANNOT DO IT how? Assuming everything is good, get married and end up with divorce.

And it is impossible to stay together and just HOLD HAND everyday in the same room and bed. Can't imagine that.

It's like wanting to test drive a car but didn't even start the engine. How to tell if the car can perform or not? :confused:

BUT BUT BUT don't do this countless time hor. Only try out if you think you want to marry him/her. If everyone also must stay togther for 1 to 2 yrs, you need 100 years to try out 50 persons. :D
Hello you indeed old fashioned uncle. There are 7 days in a week.

carbuncle
27-04-12, 14:50
[quote=carbuncle]

The mother had custody of the kids. Sent them to posh (read "expensive") boarding schools. The father only got to see them during holidays (provided they weren't following the mother to some exotic destination). She was a "hot" (beautiful) blonde. But as far as I am aware, neither of them remarried immediately. I could see why there was a mismatch. The husband was an ordinary-looking down-to-earth bloke. Very nice neighbour.
You mean like Jacky Chan with Jessica Alba some sort?

carbuncle
27-04-12, 14:51

I see hot guys immediately check out their a** and think about doing it already... And I pushing 40.... Either I am sex crazed or not getting enough.

carbuncle
27-04-12, 14:53
It is difficult but it can be achieved.
Once it is achieved, the relationship will likely be everlasting.
I ever tried this with my ex. End up after few months he go online irc to find...

roly8
27-04-12, 15:00
the chance of having sex when co-habit is pretty high..

However, i feel that the key to a successive marriage is:

be able to fully understand of your other half's habit, personality & living style..

see if you can tolerate or not..then make the final decision ..:o

roly8
27-04-12, 15:04
I see hot guys immediately check out their a** and think about doing it already... And I pushing 40.... Either I am sex crazed or not getting enough.

are you male or female?

u into guy? :scared-3:

carbuncle
27-04-12, 15:38
are you male or female?

u into guy? :scared-3:
Keke. I also MM supporter. Man into man lol. Dont scared la. I seriously doubt got any hot guy in this forum...

ysyap
27-04-12, 15:51
I see hot guys immediately check out their a** and think about doing it already... And I pushing 40.... Either I am sex crazed or not getting enough.Tried out 100 and still not enough???

carbuncle
27-04-12, 15:55
Tried out 100 and still not enough???
Who say 100.... Not me... Really try out relationship one maybe less than 10 ba

ysyap
27-04-12, 16:01
Who say 100.... Not me... Really try out relationship one maybe less than 10 baYes yes u didn't say 100. It was PN. Anyway, you said you've lost count... well, cheers! :cheers4:

carbuncle
27-04-12, 16:03
Yes yes u didn't say 100. It was PN. Anyway, you said you've lost count... well, cheers! :cheers4:
Ya I did... Ha ha. Anyway I started young la... Around 18yo....

PN
27-04-12, 16:39
Yes yes u didn't say 100. It was PN. Anyway, you said you've lost count... well, cheers! :cheers4:
Oops.... I'm just making assumption only. Because if can count with our fingers & toes, shouldn't lose count.

Alamak why I so kaypo? :D

carbuncle
27-04-12, 16:41
Oops.... I'm just making assumption only. Because if can count with our fingers & toes, shouldn't lose count.

Alamak why I so kaypo? :D
I didnt know some among us has 100 fingers and toes... I thought I was weird enough. Assumption? Assume makes an ass out of you and me. I rather you offer me your ass... Lol

PN
27-04-12, 17:13
I didnt know some among us has 100 fingers and toes... I thought I was weird enough. Assumption? Assume makes an ass out of you and me. I rather you offer me your ass... Lol

Please let me off. I'm a weak ugly old man.

Some more got 痔疮, cannot take the torture. :scared-3:

carbuncle
27-04-12, 17:17

Ewwwwwww.... Ok you may go lol. In the HOT seat too much?

fclim
27-04-12, 17:24

痔疮的最佳治疗方法...

http://img03.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded/i3/T1fO5sXjlGXXcib8w2_045127.jpg_310x310.jpg (http://www.taobao.com/view_image.php?pic=Wx0GGlFDXA1VUwMBWx0SCwkNGRFcVxxQW1UcCxMFRBkDCFdVV1cRRhpXRDhHFHcMQWteVHQxKgkCDksTCmsDBkBYQVNFBgYV&title=1sy0r9Kp1tDSqSDE2tbMzeLWzLvsus%2FWzLHjw9i42MHRsePRqiDP%2Bsrbwb%2FFxcP71sy0r7jg&version=2&c=ZjJlZjVmOWQyYTlmNDFkYzU4ZDk1N2YzYWVmMGIwYWY%3D&itemId=10598139432&shopId=57577984&sellerRate=24241&dbId=&fv=9)

I mean, eat it. Not sit on it...:D

carbuncle
27-04-12, 17:27
Bro fc.... You not kidding?

ysyap
27-04-12, 17:36
Bro fc.... You not kidding?The extract lah... What were you thinking?

fclim
27-04-12, 17:39
Bro fc.... You not kidding?

It says.. Trust Me..not Thrust Me. whahaha.

carbuncle
27-04-12, 17:51
The extract lah... What were you thinking?
Even so. Is it snake oil grade or scientifically proven remedy...

carbuncle
27-04-12, 17:52
It says.. Trust Me..not Thrust Me. whahaha.

Funny!!!!! LIKE

PN
27-04-12, 17:59
痔疮的最佳治疗方法...

http://img03.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded/i3/T1fO5sXjlGXXcib8w2_045127.jpg_310x310.jpg (http://www.taobao.com/view_image.php?pic=Wx0GGlFDXA1VUwMBWx0SCwkNGRFcVxxQW1UcCxMFRBkDCFdVV1cRRhpXRDhHFHcMQWteVHQxKgkCDksTCmsDBkBYQVNFBgYV&title=1sy0r9Kp1tDSqSDE2tbMzeLWzLvsus%2FWzLHjw9i42MHRsePRqiDP%2Bsrbwb%2FFxcP71sy0r7jg&version=2&c=ZjJlZjVmOWQyYTlmNDFkYzU4ZDk1N2YzYWVmMGIwYWY%3D&itemId=10598139432&shopId=57577984&sellerRate=24241&dbId=&fv=9)

I mean, eat it. Not sit on it...:D
Thank you. But I will never buy this thing from the internet.

For once I thought you want me to eat the cactus.
That would be another torture :D:D:D

carbuncle
27-04-12, 18:07
Thank you. But I will never buy this thing from the internet.

For once I thought you want me to eat the cactus.
That would be another torture :D:D:D
Cactus plant closely related to aloe vera. Which has high healing properties. So it may really work...

chiaberry
27-04-12, 22:07
Keke. I also MM supporter. Man into man lol. Dont scared la. I seriously doubt got any hot guy in this forum...

How about devilplate? :hell-hath-no-fury:

ysyap
27-04-12, 22:15
Even so. Is it snake oil grade or scientifically proven remedy...Me no try so me don't know... can't comment further... :)

ysyap
27-04-12, 22:16
How about devilplate? :hell-hath-no-fury: Nice.... you missed him? :D

carbuncle
27-04-12, 22:43
Sis, you find him hot meh? I think the cutest thing about him is probably his wakakakaka only ba

buttercarp
27-04-12, 22:44

Nice.... you missed him? :D

Ya hor... what happened to DP?
Has he become a different form?
His last post was 3 weeks ago.

carbuncle
27-04-12, 22:50
His last post was 3 weeks ago.
Any other old birds that disappeared around the same time? Or new bird that appeared out of no where and occasionally let out wakakakaka unknowingly

price
28-04-12, 14:16
Any other old birds that disappeared around the same time? Or new bird that appeared out of no where and occasionally let out wakakakaka unknowingly

carbuncle is rather new and active! :scared-5: wakakaka

carbuncle
28-04-12, 15:09
carbuncle is rather new and active! :scared-5: wakakaka

bro price notices me... shyyyyyyyyyy

howgozit
28-04-12, 17:07

your style of tcss... just like devilplate...hmmm... and nearly 700 posts in a month.... rate of posts also like devilplate.... hmmm

land118
28-04-12, 17:17
Bro, your wakakakaka sound like an old bird of this forum...:D

PN
28-04-12, 17:32
Bro, your wakakakaka sound like an old bird of this forum...:D

Must be angelbowl :D

carbuncle
28-04-12, 17:36
U all really farnie lor...Make me laff.!! Wakakaka

Birds sound is cheepcheepcheep where got wakakaka unless is macaw.
I m old but not bird la...Mayb angry bird down there lol

ysyap
28-04-12, 21:45
U all really farnie lor...Make me laff.!! Wakakaka

Birds sound is cheepcheepcheep where got wakakaka unless is macaw.
I m old but not bird la...Mayb angry bird down there lolU even farnier lor... :cheers6:

ysyap
28-04-12, 21:46
His last post was 3 weeks ago.He takes occasional off from forums lasting from between 2 weeks to a month in the past, at least twice over the last one year already. Not surprising that he's disappeared again... ;)

maisonjai
28-04-12, 23:01
He last logged in 5 hrs ago, only 1 person can resuscitate him.........ah b.:cheers1:

price
29-04-12, 20:33
Haha of course! I read and observe every post of urs! You're barely a month old here but u heard of DP?:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: Wakakakaka

carbuncle
29-04-12, 20:50
Haha of course! I read and observe every post of urs! You're barely a month old here but u heard of DP?:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: Wakakakaka
Why not? Must know your elders and respect them what I also know Regulators, Reporter, phantomopera, teddybear, (and even Basic) etc wakakakaka

price
29-04-12, 21:09
Why not? Must know your elders and respect them what I also know Regulators, Reporter, phantomopera, teddybear, (and even Basic) etc wakakakaka
Hahaha do u know melody and Felicia??

Bull man is missing too!

land118
29-04-12, 22:09
Do u know king of Carabelle condo? Wakaka:D

carbuncle
29-04-12, 22:11
Hahaha do u know melody and Felicia??

Bull man is missing too!
Bullman occasionally still reply. But not those threads I dare to visit...

carbuncle
29-04-12, 22:15
Do u know king of Carabelle condo? Wakaka:D
Not sure about crappybelle coz not really into west side...

howgozit
29-04-12, 22:28
Bullman occasionally still reply. But not those threads I dare to visit...

Bullman is looking into landed.

So are you still holding on to Waterbank or have you cashed out already?

carbuncle
29-04-12, 23:55
Bullman is looking into landed.

So are you still holding on to Waterbank or have you cashed out already?
Who?? Me? Me not vested there...

zzz1
30-04-12, 00:11
Don't worry bro.
Men no pause.
Any age also can.
Lol...........

price
30-04-12, 00:54
Who?? Me? Me not vested there...

where are u vested sister carbuncle

buttercarp
30-04-12, 08:41

So is carbuncle a sis or bro now?

fclim
30-04-12, 08:49

Haha.. gotcha. How you know we call it crappybelle instead of carabelle?

PN
30-04-12, 09:08
So is carbuncle a sis or bro now?

He admit himself.
A HE who like another HE but will treat him like a SHE. :D

He like handsome guy so all the sis here are safe.
But handsome guys be careful unless you also same same like him.

His radar has already locked in on office boy DKSG.

ysyap
30-04-12, 10:40
He admit himself.

His radar has already locked in on office boy DKSG.U barely escaped after you pleaded with him to let you off... Lol!

howgozit
30-04-12, 11:06

Yep.... that's what I thought too... Carbuncle aka "......." is clearly an old hand. For him to supposedly join just 1 month ago and know that is just not possible.

In any case... this is an open forum, there are many clones and multiple nicks from the same user sometimes even posting opposing views.. haha. No harm lah... quite interesting actually.

PN
30-04-12, 11:17
Yep.... that's what I thought too... Carbuncle aka "......." is clearly an old hand. For him to supposedly join just 1 month ago and know that is just not possible.

In any case... this is an open forum, there are many clones and multiple nicks from the same user sometimes even posting opposing views.. haha. No harm lah... quite interesting actually.

Sounds like Zhou BoTong from The Legend of the Condor Heroes.

Can use left hand to fight with his right hand using different martial art style. The highest level of Gong Fu Master.

ysyap
30-04-12, 11:30

Can use left hand to fight with his right hand using different martial art style. The highest level of Gong Fu Master.Yup... later become younger with black hair.. lol!

howgozit
30-04-12, 11:33
Hahaha....

Hmmm.... only people of certain generation would know of Zhou Bo Tong and the Condor Heroes... old folks.. LOL

PN
30-04-12, 12:17
U barely escaped after you pleaded with him to let you off... Lol!
With some quick thinking. Luckily my old brain still functioning.

It was really close though.:scared-3:

Laguna
30-04-12, 12:47
ya, getting old, now spend more time and monies on supplement.

well, taking flaxseed, omega 3....

buttercarp
30-04-12, 12:52
ya, getting old, now spend more time and monies on supplement.

well, taking flaxseed, omega 3....

Yup.... must maintain good health.
I take wolfberry.... it is laden with antioxidants and is good for eye sight.
It has saved me from lao hua yan for the past few years.

ysyap
30-04-12, 13:05
It has saved me from lao hua yan for the past few years.My friend kana lao hua yan at 40+ yo. Another got it at 50+. Different people have different genes...

buttercarp
30-04-12, 13:20
My friend kana lao hua yan at 40+ yo. Another got it at 50+. Different people have different genes...

My mom got lao hua yan at 40 years old.
I almost developed it 5 years ago (even earlier than her), so everyday i drank and still drinking chrysanthemum tea with wolfberry.
So far so good.
Maintain and did not deteriorate.
There is now scientific evidence that wolfberry is beneficial for the eyes especially age related macular degeneration.

Laguna
30-04-12, 13:21
It has saved me from lao hua yan for the past few years.

ya, I was told 7 seeds a day only

buttercarp
30-04-12, 13:25

Yup, about a tablespoon.
I can't eat it neat.
I get gastritis.
According to TCM this is heaty.
So I combine it with the cooling chrysanthemum tea.
Actually I let it steep in the tea and just drink its essence.
The actual seed I discard.

carbuncle
30-04-12, 14:04

all double digit districts la...

carbuncle
30-04-12, 14:06

lets just say i been reading up on historic posts as homework before i sqwak...?

carbuncle
30-04-12, 14:07

Can use left hand to fight with his right hand using different martial art style. The highest level of Gong Fu Master.

wats so great... my third leg also use difference gong fu stance from my other legs wat

carbuncle
30-04-12, 14:08
Hahaha....

Hmmm.... only people of certain generation would know of Zhou Bo Tong and the Condor Heroes... old folks.. LOL

that pic relly brings back memories.... gugu so beautiful. yang guo so hamsome. my favorite is the big bird...

carbuncle
30-04-12, 14:13
He admit himself.

i will not treat a him like she la. unless he Act n Speak like one or wants to be treated as one lor. women i oso do... the male/female pro thing etc oso did before la.... but i not into marriage n kids leh. i find them so darn irritating. my nephew n niece darn scared of me until i treat them like pets play wit them then they ok... i rather have dog or cat.....so lets just say anyone nice n interesting ok for me. gender not impotent...

some of my ex colleagues had a nickname for me - multiplug

carbuncle
30-04-12, 14:17

what... i was munching on one whole bag like snacks last time.... when i always had tired red eyes frm too much computer work

carbuncle
30-04-12, 14:18
My mom got lao hua yan at 40 years old.
I almost developed it 5 years ago (even earlier than her), so everyday i drank and still drinking chrysanthemum tea with wolfberry.
So far so good.
Maintain and did not deteriorate.
There is now scientific evidence that wolfberry is beneficial for the eyes especially age related macular degeneration.

sis accidentally reveal age probably 38-42 range keke

carbuncle
30-04-12, 14:21
He admit himself.

i oso eyeing price coz he said he always noticed me all this while...

all so young so fresh i dun wanna b the gay Howard Shaw, ie Howard Shove

buttercarp
30-04-12, 14:24
sis accidentally reveal age probably 38-42 range keke

Wah, you must have topped your math class!

land118
30-04-12, 14:34
Guess now that 99+1 trees project is coming up fast, Carabelle has become Crappybelle, losing its shine & flavour...:D

carbuncle
30-04-12, 14:58
Wah, you must have topped your math class!
A1 all the way... Yep

carbuncle
11-05-12, 15:44
To all concerned parents

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=307462265997936&set=a.266411546769675.60691.251235198287310&type=1

buttercarp
11-05-12, 19:55
To all concerned parents

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=307462265997936&set=a.266411546769675.60691.251235198287310&type=1

So why are we pressurizing our kids to excel?
We should accumulate property and give it to them.
Rental collection is better than those kinds of work.
Of course they can do that kind of work for fun in addition to collecting rental.

land118
11-05-12, 20:21
Of course they can do that kind of work for fun in addition to collecting rental.
Medicine and Dental seem very low le. Every time visit my dentist, if have to drill, implant always cost a bomb...:scared-5:

carbuncle
11-05-12, 21:37

I c u hv gotten closer to enlightenment... Congrats

carbuncle
11-05-12, 21:39
Medicine and Dental seem very low le. Every time visit my dentist, if have to drill, implant always cost a bomb...:scared-5:

Maybe the material and preparation costed the bomb?

kane
11-05-12, 21:40

yeah, so where does this money go?

buttercarp
12-05-12, 01:56

This is the starting salary.
When they go to private practice then there is a potential of big bucks.
Potential only leh, with so much competition.

roly8
12-05-12, 09:27
quite a good start for graduate who study for law & medicine..

but there is a stress level to take..
no pain no gain :D

price
12-05-12, 10:12
why didnt they talk about bankers, fund managers, stock brokers? i know fresh graduates and even an intern in my previous bank who draws 8k a month during his 10 weeks internship.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 11:26
why didnt they talk about bankers, fund managers, stock brokers? i know fresh graduates and even an intern in my previous bank who draws 8k a month during his 10 weeks internship.
Now I know my No 1 earns more than 150k pa and works in a bank.... In Private Banking? My ex are all bankers. Somehow they find me mildly attractive and amusing. Maybe their daily job too boring.

PN
12-05-12, 11:43
Graduates pay in 2010

http://www.salary.sg/2011/graduate-employment-survey-2010-published-2011/

PN
12-05-12, 11:45
Top 100 paying jobs in SG 2010
[/URL]
[url]http://www.salary.sg/2010/top-100-jobs-in-singapore-2010/ (http://www.salary.sg/2011/benchmark-your-monthly-pay-by-age-gender-2011/)

price
12-05-12, 11:51
Now I know my No 1 earns more than 150k pa and works in a bank.... In Private Banking? My ex are all bankers. Somehow they find me mildly attractive and amusing. Maybe their daily job too boring.
oh no! now u know too much :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

buttercarp
12-05-12, 11:55
quite a good start for graduate who study for law & medicine..

but there is a stress level to take..
no pain no gain :D

Lol.....
Quite a few young lawyers n doctors stay in HDB, especially those without financial backing from family n those who took study loan.

price
12-05-12, 11:56
[/URL]
[url]http://www.salary.sg/2010/top-100-jobs-in-singapore-2010/ (http://www.salary.sg/2011/benchmark-your-monthly-pay-by-age-gender-2011/)
now u know why business courses in uni are so hot. scroll all the way down and u see where all the engineers are :banghead:

price
12-05-12, 11:58
[/URL]
Hydrographic surveyor – $12,100

looks good?

A hydrographic surveyor specialises in precise positioning, data acquisition and processing in marine environments.

The role involves measuring and mapping the world's underwater surfaces and studying the morphology (construction) of the seabed. The information is used in:

the production of charts and related information for navigation;
dredging;
locating offshore resources (oil, gas, aggregates);
planning dock installations.
Hydrographic surveyors are expected to work in a wide range of differing situations and applications: from inland waters and rivers, to ports and oceans. The work may be onshore or offshore, depending on your area of specialism.

The role also demands an understanding of and consideration for environmental issues.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 12:15
oh no! now u know too much :ashamed1: :ashamed1:
You know what you need to do to shut this mouth of mine!!!!! (notti notti)

price
12-05-12, 13:04
You know what you need to do to shut this mouth of mine!!!!! (notti notti)
tsk tsk tsk:tsk-tsk:

Laguna
12-05-12, 13:22

My girl is in IB, my heart aches all the time seeing the way she works.

I am not sure, as a parent, u want your children to earn top $ or have more time to themselves and enjoy life?

price
12-05-12, 13:38

I am not sure, as a parent, u want your children to earn top $ or have more time to themselves and enjoy life?

Hi Sir, for me, I try to strike a balance. we're still young, work hard when it calls for it. Stock up a few properties while u can afford to leverage and live a stress-free life after while collecting rents :D

IB, she must be around 16? dont pressure her too much. let her choose her own path :D

carbuncle
12-05-12, 13:42

Or do you mean Investment Banking.... Some in banking line think you referring to International Baccalaureate Wakakaka

carbuncle
12-05-12, 13:44
tsk tsk tsk:tsk-tsk:
Just a kiss.... What you thinking??? Gal on gal french already shown on free to air channel 8. Boy to man cannont meh?

price
12-05-12, 14:01
Or do you mean Investment Banking.... Some in banking line think you referring to International Baccalaureate Wakakaka
hahaha oh! when she said daughter i think of little xmm. how old is she then?

price
12-05-12, 14:03
Just a kiss.... What you thinking??? Gal on gal french already shown on free to air channel 8. Boy to man cannont meh?
haha me no celebrity

roly8
12-05-12, 14:40

gay uncle horny again :scared-3::scared-3:

Laguna
12-05-12, 14:41
hahaha oh! when she said daughter i think of little xmm. how old is she then?

IB : Investment Banking

She is now 26 and working in HK.

u want to be friend with her since u hv been voted as one of the most eligible guy by one of the forumers...

price
12-05-12, 14:50

u want to be friend with her since u hv been voted as one of the most eligible guy by one of the forumers...
haha it's okay :ashamed1: i'm sure she's not into young guys. UBS?

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:36
haha it's okay :ashamed1: i'm sure she's not into young guys. UBS?
Ah boy ah... Havent start the march already you raise white flag liao. How to win a gal heart over!!!!

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:37
haha me no celebrity
Soon you be... After next Tues ;-)

carbuncle
12-05-12, 16:38
gay uncle horny again :scared-3::scared-3:
Quiet!!!!! Isnt that typical of all boys? Gay or otherwise

buttercarp
12-05-12, 17:10

Young work hard and save up.
Then when mid life, then change profession to enjoy and suit life style.
Like the scotland bank vice president quit to become cancer society ceo.

carbuncle
12-05-12, 17:57
Young work hard and save up.
Then when mid life, then change profession to enjoy and suit life style.
Like the scotland bank vice president quit to become cancer society ceo.

Sis.!! Did u go thru mid life career chg? I at that stage now n find it xtremely pengful. Too jnr for Snr Dir positions but too ex and old for jnr positions in new line.

price
12-05-12, 23:32
Sis.!! Did u go thru mid life career chg? I at that stage now n find it xtremely pengful. Too jnr for Snr Dir positions but too ex and old for jnr positions in new line.
which line are u in? :confused:

price
12-05-12, 23:36
Soon you be... After next Tues ;-)
wont lah, i will hide in 1 corner

carbuncle
12-05-12, 23:57
which line are u in? :confused:
Not banking for sure...

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 08:15
Accountants, Lawyers & doctors work equally hard. Make the money before burnt out. Hence, they usually become partners in firm for accountants and lawyers while manage chain of listed medical group for doctors. Your daughter might find a wealthy prc or hong kong.

roly8
13-05-12, 10:08

she must be very capable in order to be send to HK to work hor:p

Laguna
13-05-12, 11:38
Your daughter might find a wealthy prc or hong kong.

She has alr ruled out all the wealthy PRC guys.

she must be very capable in order to be send to HK to work hor:p

She is not sent to HK. She was offered after her second year intern in HK.

roly8
13-05-12, 11:53
She has alr ruled out all the wealthy PRC guys.

she not into rich dude la?

:o

Laguna
13-05-12, 14:53
she not into rich dude la?

:o

I spent a lot of time with my girl on her boy friends and listened to her, her view and reasoning in choosing her Mr Right and what sort of man she wants.

Due to the nature of her work, she has met many in the hi-society of guys in China. But in general, 第二代,太花心

What we concluded is :
It could be better not to get married rather than marrying the wrong one.

chiaberry
13-05-12, 14:58
That's wise. If I were at that age, I would also not touch any high-society rich PRC or HKer. Other mei-meis will be always be waiting in line with claws to get him even if he's hitched (they have no morals at all). Or else get a really really good pre-nuptial agreement.

richwang
13-05-12, 17:49
For an average person, there are 3 big ticket items:

1) Housing (for own stay)
2) Children University Education (in particular overseas)
3) Retirement Fund

Case A
=====
Most of people would prefer to save enough and then get married, that will also mean having kids late.

Imaging if you were 20+ now, you could spend another 10+ years saving and then get married, having kids at age of 30+++, your kids will complete university when you are 50++++++. And you still need to work for your retirement fund at 60+ if you are unlucky.
So by the time you retire at 70, you will have fully paid house, well educated kids and comfortable retirement fund.

Case B
=====
If we learn from the traditional wisdom to marry early, say 20+, enjoy honeymoon mood for 1 or 2 years, having kids at 25 (wow!) By the time your kids complete university education, you are in early 50. Half retirement working and half taking care of grandchildren until you are 60+.
You also get your fully paid house, well educated kids and comfortable retirement fund.

Why so?
Inflation is the key.
1) Most of the forumers realize buying a property earlier is generally better than buy a property later.
2) Let's hope more people will notice to have your kids educated 10 years later is far cheaper than to have them educated 20 years later.
3) And to accumulate retirement fund for a period of 20 years is far relaxed than doing that in 10 years.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
13-05-12, 18:02
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/activelytrying/ageandfertility

I've talked to a pediatrics, she told me the quality of baby will drop when you hit 25.

Thanks,
Richard

buttercarp
13-05-12, 18:25
Have not reach there yet:p !
I have been doing the same thing since I graduated.

roly8
13-05-12, 19:22
I spent a lot of time with my girl on her boy friends and listened to her, her view and reasoning in choosing her Mr Right and what sort of man she wants.

Due to the nature of her work, she has met many in the hi-society of guys in China. But in general, 第二代,太花心

What we concluded is :
It could be better not to get married rather than marrying the wrong one.

icic..good that you & your girl are on good term...can talk until so deep:)

For an average person, there are 3 big ticket items:

1) Housing (for own stay)
2) Children University Education (in particular overseas)
3) Retirement Fund

Case A
=====
Most of people would prefer to save enough and then get married, that will also mean having kids late.

Imaging if you were 20+ now, you could spend another 10+ years saving and then get married, having kids at age of 30+++, your kids will complete university when you are 50++++++. And you still need to work for your retirement fund at 60+ if you are unlucky.
So by the time you retire at 70, you will have fully paid house, well educated kids and comfortable retirement fund.

Case B
=====
If we learn from the traditional wisdom to marry early, say 20+, enjoy honeymoon mood for 1 or 2 years, having kids at 25 (wow!) By the time your kids complete university education, you are in early 50. Half retirement working and half taking care of grandchildren until you are 60+.
You also get your fully paid house, well educated kids and comfortable retirement fund.

Why so?
Inflation is the key.
1) Most of the forumers realize buying a property earlier is generally better than buy a property later.
2) Let's hope more people will notice to have your kids educated 10 years later is far cheaper than to have them educated 20 years later.
3) And to accumulate retirement fund for a period of 20 years is far relaxed than doing that in 10 years.

Thanks,
Richard
very good share!! :o

hyenergix
13-05-12, 21:34
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/activelytrying/ageandfertility

I've talked to a pediatrics, she told me the quality of baby will drop when you hit 25.

Thanks,
Richard

Your graph says that the best age for a girl to get pregnant is < 20 years old.