PDA

View Full Version : Beware of choosing agent

yeelu
23-04-12, 22:39
Long story short, I decided to expat to Singapore and was looking for a property agent to help on finding an apartment. And I found an agent named Lauchlan Leishman, he is nice, and his service is excellent. But one day my wife told me that he looks tricky.

As I am working in human resource field, I always search the background of the candidate on web, So I search Lauchlan Leishman on web and I found he was being sued in Hong Kong for being dishonest.

I find that within twelve months of being in Hong Kong he was investigated by Inspector Fong of the Hong Kong Police Commercial Crime Bureau for attempting to rip-off a local investor in a property deal. Leishman's employers immediately refunded the investor's money in full and summarily dismissed him.

And also he is currently being investigated by the Hong Kong Police same department for hacking into his employer's computer systems and there is a High Court preservation order in place to protect the evidence.

Integrity is always of the utmost most importance when I am looking paying for a service, especially in the case where I need to spend a great deal of money.

Thanks to my wife and Google. (sure u may search for these info yrself and prove what i said here.)

carbuncle
23-04-12, 22:58
Thanks for the warning and welcome to Singapore. Actually, anyone with that kind of interesting name already will raise alarm bell in sg. Not many people have such names. I also practically google every body including my dates, bosses, colleagues and sometimes clients.

babyworm
23-04-12, 23:15
All property agents in Singapore must be registered with the Council of Estate Agencies or CEA for short. You can search for the agent at

http://www.cea.gov.sg/cea/app/newimplpublicregister/publicregister.jspa

I did a quick search on Lauchlan Leishman and it returned no results.

carbuncle
23-04-12, 23:22
All property agents in Singapore must be registered with the Council of Estate Agencies or CEA for short. You can search for the agent at

http://www.cea.gov.sg/cea/app/newimplpublicregister/publicregister.jspa

I did a quick search on Lauchlan Leishman and it returned no results.
Did you try Lick Lan Leash Man?

howgozit
23-04-12, 23:40
Lauchian ?.... isn't that the Chinese word for conman?

TS pulling a fast one?:cool:

hopeful
23-04-12, 23:50
http://legalref.judiciary.gov.hk/lrs/common/ju/ju_frame.jsp?DIS=80215&currpage=T

got such a person

shellshox
24-04-12, 00:10
Wa lau, now got angmoh estate agent one meh? Only expat will kena con...

chiaberry
24-04-12, 06:49
Wa lau, now got angmoh estate agent one meh? Only expat will kena con...

Last weekend, got ang moh promoter promoting cheap wine in Bishan J8 NTUC. :rolleyes:

kane
24-04-12, 06:56
Last weekend, got ang moh promoter promoting cheap wine in Bishan J8 NTUC. :rolleyes:

His own vineyard?

chiaberry
24-04-12, 07:10
His own vineyard?

I don't think so. It wasn't a boutique vineyard label. Some mass market wine.

babyworm
24-04-12, 07:18
Did you try Lick Lan Leash Man?

Uncle you want to make me tio banned issit? :cheers1:

masterkey
24-04-12, 10:19
I don't think so. It wasn't a boutique vineyard label. Some mass market wine.

Beware of fake wines from PRC. :scared-1:

Laguna
24-04-12, 10:22
u can report the unlicensed agent to CEA and this guy will be fined and/or jailed

buttercarp
24-04-12, 10:28
Leishmaniasis is a disease spread by the bite of the female sandfly.

ysyap
24-04-12, 10:51
Leishmaniasis is a disease spread by the bite of the female sandfly.We are always learning new things on forum... good to know but surely forget in no time... :rolleyes:

shellshox
24-04-12, 11:07
I'll wait for the day got eastern euro angmos pack my bags at ntuc....

chiaberry
24-04-12, 11:16

I think that day is not far off.

carbuncle
24-04-12, 12:01

At least he can boast i work in ntuc near sg iconic project.!!

gn108
24-04-12, 12:24
When it's built, he can say "and I work in its shadow"

At least he can boast i work in ntuc near sg iconic project.!!

ysyap
24-04-12, 12:29
I'll wait for the day got eastern euro angmos pack my bags at ntuc....Ang mos are already entering the HDB heartlands as tenants... its coming soon! :rolleyes:

masterkey
24-04-12, 13:32

Saw one once at Carrefour ... could be a stagiaire though.

august
24-04-12, 13:35
Ang mos are already entering the HDB heartlands as tenants... its coming soon! :rolleyes:

i met this foreigner who rented a 3 bedder OCR condo and sublet two bedrooms, one to a spaniard and the other to an italian. LOL

HP65
24-04-12, 15:25

NTUC already hire western european....and she is a German. The last time I saw her, she was working at the Holland Drive branch (next to the community centre) and packing the shelves.

ysyap
24-04-12, 15:42
NTUC already hire western european....and she is a German. The last time I saw her, she was working at the Holland Drive branch (next to the community centre) and packing the shelves.Yup... must deploy her properly to work in a district where more Europeans frequent... :cool:

buttercarp
25-04-12, 13:35
Saw one once at Carrefour ... could be a stagiaire though.

Wah so chim.... i can't even pronounce it.
At first I tot it was an animal!:D

House
26-04-12, 00:39
Wah so chim.... i can't even pronounce it.
At first I tot it was an animal!:D

and i thot i was female deer.....simi stag......:D

carbuncle
26-04-12, 13:17
French word for kitchen helper... But why would one be at the checkout packing bags...

howgozit
26-04-12, 15:00
French word for kitchen helper... But why would one be at the checkout packing bags...

I think in this context it means a Trainee or OJT

teddybear
26-04-12, 15:33
OJT = On job training?

I think in this context it means a Trainee or OJT

carbuncle
26-04-12, 17:12
OJT = On job training?

Orange Juice Tout

urban slang for those aunties promoting soya milk, juices etc in supermarkets by giving away samples in small size cups

teddybear
26-04-12, 21:23
Are you serious?

I'm too old for all these new jargon:ashamed1:

I thought that I'm still having young heart.:(

Orange Juice Tout

urban slang for those aunties promoting soya milk, juices etc in supermarkets by giving away samples in small size cups

yeelu
29-04-12, 16:17
Hi guys
i got some news of him and i give out a hk's court open document here.
but the main point is " dont trust ppl easily wtever u doing.
(legalref.judiciary.gov.hk/lrs/common/ju/ju_frame.jsp?DIS=80215&currpage=T)
Plus I do knew his history now.

yeelu
04-05-12, 10:33
Thx for replies gentlemen

I found more about this guy.
Leishman subsequently illegally accessed his ex-employer's computer systems and downloaded thousands of emails and confidential information. This is a matter of Public Record as he is subject to a High Court Injunction to protect his ex-employer: http://legalref.judiciary.gov.hk/lrs/common/ju/ju_frame.jsp?DIS=80215&currpage=T
In the same High Court Injunction the Judge stated that he was "not to be trusted". This is a High Court Judge who is stating publicly that Lauchlan Leishman is dishonest.
http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2012/04/17/214875_local-news.html
This guy was selling property into Hong Kong through Berkeley Capital and Lauchlan Leishman and now he has been jailed for seven years for fraud. Leishman now lives in Hong Kong and is spending money like a drunken sailor - two guesses where the missing millions went!!!!

Gentlemen, remember, beware of choosing agents all the time, I do understanding agents are helpful in many fields, but just pay much atention since the contract race between them are growing much hotter in recent years.

ysyap
04-05-12, 10:56
Thx for your warning... will take note!

august
04-05-12, 12:28
Good to have CEA around. Hopefully any agents with past convictions would not be licensed.

ysyap
04-05-12, 13:23
Good to have CEA around. Hopefully any agents with past convictions would not be licensed.So how did this guy get the clearance to be an agent or did he even get the clearance?

howgozit
04-05-12, 16:24
Doesn't anybody find TS's English/writing style odd?... not better or worse but different... definitely not Singaporean.

I wonder what's his motive? or is he just a good samaritan warning forummers..... There is certainly a link between him and this Leishman guy.... hmmm... the plot thickens

carbuncle
04-05-12, 16:49
Hong Kong style England with grammar mistakes here and there lor... Why leh

BerkeleyCapital
08-05-12, 08:55
Long story short, I decided to expat to Singapore and was looking for a property agent to help on finding an apartment. And I found an agent named Lauchlan Leishman, he is nice, and his service is excellent. But one day my wife told me that he looks tricky.

As I am working in human resource field, I always search the background of the candidate on web, So I search Lauchlan Leishman on web and I found he was being sued in Hong Kong for being dishonest.

I find that within twelve months of being in Hong Kong he was investigated by Inspector Fong of the Hong Kong Police Commercial Crime Bureau for attempting to rip-off a local investor in a property deal. Leishman's employers immediately refunded the investor's money in full and summarily dismissed him.

And also he is currently being investigated by the Hong Kong Police same department for hacking into his employer's computer systems and there is a High Court preservation order in place to protect the evidence.

Integrity is always of the utmost most importance when I am looking paying for a service, especially in the case where I need to spend a great deal of money.

Thanks to my wife and Google. (sure u may search for these info yrself and prove what i said here.)

**THE ABOVE POST IS UNTRUE AND MALICIOUSLY MADE FOR PERSONAL REASONS*****

In response to the recent attacks made about Berkeley Capital and Mr. Lauchlan Leishman on this forum and others, the Company wishes to state that:
1. The Company and Mr. Leishman have not operated business in Singapore and have not leased or sold any property in Singapore.
2. The Company and Mr. Leishman have provided first class service to all customers to their full satisfaction and will continue to do so.
3. the Company and/or Mr. Leishman have NEVER received a complaint from a customer.

Take notice that the recent spate of blogs and posts on discussion forums are completely untrue, highly defamatory and maliciously made for personal reasons with a view to destroying Mr Leishman's reputation and business. This matter is being investigated and although we know who the source of these blogs/posts is, the Company and Mr Leishman are in the process of obtaining evidence and will then pursue you for all loss and damage caused to the reputation of Berkeley Capital and Lauchlan Leishman.

ysyap
08-05-12, 10:28
Interesting turn of events... now what?

land118
08-05-12, 10:30
Interesting...forum become a place for "boxing matches"

westman
08-05-12, 12:22
camping here for drama...
:rolleyes:

yeelu
08-05-12, 14:06
**THE ABOVE POST IS UNTRUE AND MALICIOUSLY MADE FOR PERSONAL REASONS*****

In response to the recent attacks made about Berkeley Capital and Mr. Lauchlan Leishman on this forum and others, the Company wishes to state that:
1. The Company and Mr. Leishman have not operated business in Singapore and have not leased or sold any property in Singapore.
2. The Company and Mr. Leishman have provided first class service to all customers to their full satisfaction and will continue to do so.
3. the Company and/or Mr. Leishman have NEVER received a complaint from a customer.

Take notice that the recent spate of blogs and posts on discussion forums are completely untrue, highly defamatory and maliciously made for personal reasons with a view to destroying Mr Leishman's reputation and business. This matter is being investigated and although we know who the source of these blogs/posts is, the Company and Mr Leishman are in the process of obtaining evidence and will then pursue you for all loss and damage caused to the reputation of Berkeley Capital and Lauchlan Leishman.

Hello Leishman, whatever u trying to clean yourself up on webs, now all knows to check your history in both Australia and Hong Kong and there's public records everywhere. U may investigate me or just come to me face to face, i would like to bring u in jail.

carbuncle
08-05-12, 14:22
Interesting...forum become a place for "boxing matches"

it shows that there is sizeable clout amongst the forummers.

soon we can form our own exclusive haute society club. where people would rather risk defame miw than step on any bro forummers foot

land118
08-05-12, 14:25
it shows that there is sizeable clout amongst the forummers.

soon we can form our own exclusive haute society club. where people would rather risk defame miw than step on any bro forummers footjust checked, we have got almost 20K members..."Members: 19,998" :D

If average each member has asset of S$1m, wow S$20bil club already!:D

ysyap
08-05-12, 14:52
So based on what is written in this thread thus far, who is telling the truth or half truth? :cool:

BerkeleyCapital
10-05-12, 08:36
***STATEMENT from BERKELEY CAPITAL. THE ABOVE POST IS UNTRUE AND HIGHLY DEFAMATORY******
In response to the recent statements made about Berkeley Capital and Mr. Lauchlan Leishman on this site and others, the Company/Mr Leishman wishes to state that the recent spate of blogs and posts on discussion forums are completely untrue, highly defamatory and maliciously made for personal reasons with a view to destroying Mr Leishman's reputation and business.
This matter is being investigated and although we know who the source of these blogs/posts is, the Company and Mr Leishman are in the process of obtaining evidence and will then pursue those persons/companies for all loss and damage caused to the reputation of Berkeley Capital and Lauchlan Leishman.
Further,
1. The Company and Mr. Leishman have provided first class service to all customers to their full satisfaction and will continue to do so.
2. Neither the Company nor Mr Leishman have ever received a complaint against them.
3. If you are a genuine customer and are dissatisfied with the service provided by the Company and/or Mr. Leishman in any way, please contact the Company at [email protected]. Your complaint / comments will be taken seriously and dealt with thoroughly and expeditiously.
If you are truly a dissatisfied customer, why have you not made a formal complaint to the company. The fact that you are hiding behind a blog would give reason to believe that your motives are personal and done with a view to destroying Mr Leishman’s reputation, which prior to these malicious posts/blogs was untarnished.

yeelu
10-05-12, 11:18
Hello Lauchlan William Leishman

Im happy that you alive, I asked a HK journalist about your story. He told me 4 facts. And I saw your name on newspaper record!! http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/finance/20111022/00202_034.html

1. You were investigated by police last year accused of misrepresenting property.
2. HK newspaper investigate you last year for same.
3. High Court Judge states about your speaking: "his word is not to be trusted".
4. You had been arrested in Hong Kong last month.

These are all facts, so how come you can say you have always happy clients?

BerkeleyCapital
11-05-12, 09:52
Good to have CEA around. Hopefully any agents with past convictions would not be licensed.

Yeelu is not who he says he is. He has commenced an attack against Mr Leishman and his company Berkeley Capital under various pseudonyms on a myriad of sites for personal reasons. Mr Leishman does not have any criminal or other convictions against him. Beware of what you read!

BerkeleyCapital
11-05-12, 09:59

Im happy that you alive, I asked a HK journalist about your story. He told me 4 facts. And I saw your name on newspaper record!! http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/finance/20111022/00202_034.html

1. You were investigated by police last year accused of misrepresenting property.
3. High Court Judge states about your speaking: "his word is not to be trusted".

*****THE ABOVE POST OF FRAUDULENT*****

This blogger is a fraud. He has commenced an attack against Mr Leishman and his company Berkeley Capital under various pseudonyms across a myriad of forums over the last 10 days for personal reasons, designed to destroy Mr Leishman's reputation and business.

If you search for posts older than 10 or so days, you will note there is not one negative post about Mr Leishman or his company. These attacks are all the result of a personal vendetta.

Mr Leishman was contracted to a company last year, which company was investigated by the police for misrepresentations relating to property in the United States. Mr Leishman has terminated his contract with that company because of the way it operated its business and is currently engaged in litigation with that company for unpaid commissions, defamation and conversion of property.

Mr Leishman and his company Berkeley Capital have never received a complaint from a customer. Berkeley Capital customers are always extremely satisfied with the high standard of service they receive and the results achieved for them.

BerkeleyCapital
11-05-12, 10:00

****THE ABOVE POST OF FRAUDULENT*****

This blogger is a fraud. He has commenced an attack against Mr Leishman and his company Berkeley Capital under various pseudonyms across a myriad of forums over the last 10 days for personal reasons, designed to destroy Mr Leishman's reputation and business.

If you search for posts older than 10 or so days, you will note there is not one negative post about Mr Leishman or his company. These attacks are all the result of a personal vendetta.

Mr Leishman was contracted to a company last year, which company was investigated by the police for misrepresentations relating to property in the United States. Mr Leishman has terminated his contract with that company because of the way it operated its business and is currently engaged in litigation with that company for unpaid commissions, defamation and conversion of property.

Mr Leishman and his company Berkeley Capital have never received a complaint from a customer. Berkeley Capital customers are always extremely satisfied with the high standard of service they receive and the results achieved for them.

ysyap
11-05-12, 10:16
No need to repost the same message... but yes interesting to read the turn of events...

yeelu
11-05-12, 11:22
****THE ABOVE POST OF FRAUDULENT*****

Hello Leishman, people will judge themselves, Im wondering how much bad histories i didnt know yet. But sure i will check them out.

yeelu
12-05-12, 12:27
*****THE ABOVE POST OF FRAUDULENT*****

Hey, Leishman.
History tell true story!

yeelu
12-05-12, 13:42
Yeelu is not who he says he is. He has commenced an attack against Mr Leishman and his company Berkeley Capital under various pseudonyms on a myriad of sites for personal reasons. Mr Leishman does not have any criminal or other convictions against him. Beware of what you read!

Against me huh? that mean u have other criminal or other convictions against somebody right?

kevin888
15-05-12, 14:10
try to select the agents who have the experience and good background. investigate first before selecting any agent....:tsk-tsk:

yeelu
15-05-12, 14:17
try to select the agents who have the experience and good background. investigate first before selecting any agent....:tsk-tsk:

Yes, I learned after i met Leishman

buttercarp
15-05-12, 15:22

Lucky I got a family friend ( my parents' good friend and church brother) who is a housing agent. We all go to him regarding housing matters. We have known him for at least 3 decades.

yeelu
27-06-12, 13:43
heres an update from HK High Court Action Report published by Hong Kong Justice Bureau
http://legalref.judiciary.gov.hk/lrs/common/ju/ju_frame.jsp?DIS=82069

ysyap
27-06-12, 13:52
And here the saga continues!!!

yeelu
14-08-12, 11:21
pls visit this link.
I will update his news here.
Keep beware of him, thx gentlemen.
www.lauchlanleishman.com

u0301466
15-07-13, 22:33
Kensington Square is a new and upcoming condominium located in the Bartley area, right next to Bartley MRT. It is within a short drive to Little India, Orchard and city area. With expected completion in mid 2017, it comprises of 141 Residential units and 57 commercial units.
Kensington Square (http://kensingtonsq.org)

proxon
15-07-13, 23:11
Kensington Square is a new and upcoming condominium located in the Bartley area, right next to Bartley MRT. It is within a short drive to Little India, Orchard and city area. With expected completion in mid 2017, it comprises of 141 Residential units and 57 commercial units.
Kensington Square (http://kensingtonsq.org)

It does not look like it's anywhere "right next to Bartley MRT". Looks very far to me.