PDA

View Full Version : When lease expires

Beebot
21-04-12, 23:18
What will happen to our property after the lease expires? Is it true it's difficult to sell your property with less than 60 years left? What will happen to the new owner who takes over and live in the property till the lease expires?

jwong71
22-04-12, 01:06
What will happen to our property after the lease expires? Is it true it's difficult to sell your property with less than 60 years left? What will happen to the new owner who takes over and live in the property till the lease expires?

yes.. bank loan shorter years, and cpf can only use up to a certain portion.

encountered this issue, when I'm looking at "the plaza".

it will poise as a problem, if selling down in future

Beebot
22-04-12, 02:03
So, what happens after the lease expires? Return the flat to the developer and the developer refunds the price at market rate? I know we won't outlive the lease on our flat but am very curious.

price
22-04-12, 03:57
So, what happens after the lease expires? Return the flat to the developer and the developer refunds the price at market rate? I know we won't outlive the lease on our flat but am very curious.

It's got nothing to do with the developer :doh: Unless you bought FH as LH from them.

Govt will obtain the land back from you. They don't owe you a single cent. Don't you read the papers? What happened to those 60 years LH terraces?

hyenergix
22-04-12, 07:55
I suppose if no other developer wants to enbloc, the residents can enbloc themselves.

DLiauw
22-04-12, 10:58
In some cases, if I am not mistaken, you can still enbloc a LH property with less than 60 years.

The developer must top up the 99 year lease by payment of development premium to URA/SLA. It goes without saying that this payment will be built into what the developer will offer you to purchase the property.

buttercarp
22-04-12, 11:17
It's got nothing to do with the developer :doh: Unless you bought FH as LH from them.

Govt will obtain the land back from you. They don't owe you a single cent. Don't you read the papers? What happened to those 60 years LH terraces?

Yes, bro price is right.
Return back to government after the lease expires.
That's why the prices of some landed with few years left is very very low.

ecimbew
22-04-12, 13:06
http://smartpropertybuyer.blogspot.com/2008/09/99-leasehold-property-calculation-of.html

read this

speculator
22-04-12, 17:43
buy HDB. It's Leasehold but treated like Freehold.

When it's old, Govt do SERS.
After SERS you can still get fantastic profit.

E.g. TPY SERS
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Toa+Payoh+Central+5-room+resale+flat+hits+%24894%2C000/

So to all interested buyers out there. PLEASE PLEASE do everyone else a favour. Buy HDB. Stop making this already expensive PC market more expensive. :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

HDB, you won't go wrong. Leasehold but Freehold treatment. Best of all world. :D

Hardly pay any property tax too. After all the property tax rebate.
Also get Utility rebate, town council rebate. Perfect purchase. Buy HDB !

carbuncle
22-04-12, 21:28
Check out the TB SIT flats. Built in 60s still selling like hotcakes... Those are the days of 88sqm 3rm flats.

marktkt22
23-04-12, 12:33
Sers not a given....
U tink garmen will sers every hdb ....

buy HDB. It's Leasehold but treated like Freehold.

When it's old, Govt do SERS.
After SERS you can still get fantastic profit.

E.g. TPY SERS
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Toa+Payoh+Central+5-room+resale+flat+hits+%24894%2C000/

So to all interested buyers out there. PLEASE PLEASE do everyone else a favour. Buy HDB. Stop making this already expensive PC market more expensive. :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:

HDB, you won't go wrong. Leasehold but Freehold treatment. Best of all world. :D

Hardly pay any property tax too. After all the property tax rebate.
Also get Utility rebate, town council rebate. Perfect purchase. Buy HDB !

Leeds
23-04-12, 12:45
Sers not a given....
U tink garmen will sers every hdb ....

If we take what LKY once said: "don't ever sell your HDB flats"; then I think the government will eventually SER most of the aging flats. Can we assume that the next generation leaders of the same government think the same?

For government to SER all aging HDB flats and trusting the government to do so is like putting all your chips into GIC.