PDA

View Full Version : can you take the hot weather in singapore?

roly8
17-04-12, 17:45
the afternoon weather is the worst!:mad:

carbuncle
17-04-12, 17:49
Does anyone know average how much more per month if air con in say average sized living room on whole day? 50? 100? 200?

roly8
17-04-12, 18:25
if it is living room..

definitely > $200 ..

carbuncle
17-04-12, 18:27
if it is living room..

definitely > $200 ..
If just the Fan mode leh?

roly8
17-04-12, 18:31
If just the Fan mode leh?

confirm save alot of $$

maybe just $20-30/mo :D:D

ysyap
17-04-12, 18:36
If just the Fan mode leh?If you set at 26 degree for whole day in living room, maybe less than $200/mth. :cool:

carbuncle
17-04-12, 18:51
If you set at 26 degree for whole day in living room, maybe less than $200/mth. :cool:
How about if MM size type of living room? Ah MM does have its benefits... Hmmm

mantrix
17-04-12, 19:20
stay North South facing, single loading, high floor but not the highest...

Best to be near coast or on hill. Confirm cooling :D

roly8
17-04-12, 19:45
the sun still shine on you when your house sit on hill .. same kind of hot weather meh...

or am i wrong?

mantrix
17-04-12, 22:28
the sun still shine on you when your house sit on hill .. same kind of hot weather meh...

or am i wrong?

yes but less humidity hence less sweat

chiaberry
17-04-12, 23:04

What does single loading mean?

Douk
17-04-12, 23:21

North south unblock facing with a ceiling fan..

august
18-04-12, 00:44
hot afternoon best to chill with an ice cold beer :o

ysyap
18-04-12, 06:29
How about if MM size type of living room? Ah MM does have its benefits... HmmmI suspect not much difference lah... MM size living room include the kitchen so it might become even bigger sized in the end. :rolleyes:

Komo
18-04-12, 06:56
air-con fan mode is quite useless.
ceiling fan is a must!:D
a typical 3 bedder may need to install as many as 6 ceiling fans...3 for each bedrooms, 2 for living and 1 for balcony.:D

roly8
18-04-12, 09:09
a typical 3 bedder may need to install as many as 6 ceiling fans...3 for each bedrooms, 2 for living and 1 for balcony.:D

i prefer those stand-up fan leh..
can move it around anytime.. :D:D

carbuncle
18-04-12, 12:38

my only gripe about fan is noise... tends to be noisy. any good brand to recommend?

roly8
18-04-12, 16:24
my only gripe about fan is noise... tends to be noisy. any good brand to recommend?

mistral is doing well for me.. the mid-high range..
try avoid any cheapo one... :D

Rosegarden
18-04-12, 16:32

KDK or nothing.

carbuncle
18-04-12, 17:11
How about the Dyson bladeless air multiplier thingy...

Rosegarden
18-04-12, 21:29
How about the Dyson bladeless air multiplier thingy...

...is good for retired fighter pilots and as ornament.

Komo
19-04-12, 10:28
standup fan takes up space, very noisy and need to clean very often and very troublesome too. seems outdated already. can't beat ceiling fan :D

chiaberry
19-04-12, 10:37
mistral is doing well for me.. the mid-high range..
try avoid any cheapo one... :D

Agree with the Mistral.

I don't use air-con in my bedrooms and we have Mistrals.

In any case, there is a lot of noise from the forest reserve at night (insects, frogs) that is as loud or louder than the fans anyway.

Anybody have feedback on the Dyson air multiplier? They look good but the price is $$$ :tongue3:

roly8
19-04-12, 10:41
Agree with the Mistral.

I don't use air-con in my bedrooms and we have Mistrals.

In any case, there is a lot of noise from the forest reserve at night (insects, frogs) that is as loud or louder than the fans anyway.

Anybody have feedback on the Dyson air multiplier? They look good but the price is $$$ :tongue3:
the review for the dyson is not good actually. it eat up more electricity and the machine also depend on the surrounding airflow ..

standup fan takes up space, very noisy and need to clean very often and very troublesome too. seems outdated already. can't beat ceiling fan :D

haha..me is very hardcore fengshui person.. i don't like thing 'turning' above my head.. :)

chiaberry
19-04-12, 10:49
the review for the dyson is not good actually. it eat up more electricity and the machine also depend on the surrounding airflow ..

haha..me is very hardcore fengshui person.. i don't like thing 'turning' above my head.. :)

yes I suspected that would be the case for the Dyson. Thanks for your reply.

I think with ceiling fan it is more difficult to clean as it is high up. We have a lot of resident lizards and I don't fancy the lizard poo being blown on my head and all over the room.

Didn't know abt the fengshui thing. Is that your own opinion or documented fengshui concept? It seems different fengshui masters preach/practice different things. I told my dad I should have been a fengshui master. Probably would earn more than in my current job.......

buttercarp
19-04-12, 11:14

I don't have it but I don't think the wind is powerful if you are far away from it.
You can get the korean or china ones on gmarket for a fraction of the price.

chiaberry
19-04-12, 11:32
I don't have it but I don't think the wind is powerful if you are far away from it.
You can get the korean or china ones on gmarket for a fraction of the price.

My recent experience with buying an electrical appliance through gmarket was not good.

For the amount of money paid for one Dyson multiplier, I can buy many Mistral or KDK fans. :D

Yesterday they were having a promo in Robinsons to get a small Dyson multiplier for $1500 spend in the sale. I could not face the prospect of Qing to get in, Qing to pay and Qing to redeem the Dyson. So I passed. Went to the sale in the late evening to pick up my mattresses. Passed on the branded all-singing all-dancing feature-packed mattresses and went with the more reasonably priced ones with no frills but felt the same as the feature-packed ones when lying down. The sale of mattresses is one big con and marketing job in my opinion. (waiting to be flamed by die-hard mattress lovers here).

gn108
19-04-12, 11:36
For the last two apartments, mine has been single loading.

Currently, on a hill/single loading, NS orientation with lots of greenery.
Quite cool compared to my other place - where was a concrete-jungle.

Built-up signature also plays a part...greenery soaks up the heat, soil/plants/trees

iwantgizmos
19-04-12, 11:44
having to clean 6 ceiling fan can be a hassle for me....
too lazy lehhhh....

buttercarp
19-04-12, 12:07
My recent experience with buying an electrical appliance through gmarket was not good.

For the amount of money paid for one Dyson multiplier, I can buy many Mistral or KDK fans. :D

Yesterday they were having a promo in Robinsons to get a small Dyson multiplier for $1500 spend in the sale. I could not face the prospect of Qing to get in, Qing to pay and Qing to redeem the Dyson. So I passed. Went to the sale in the late evening to pick up my mattresses. Passed on the branded all-singing all-dancing feature-packed mattresses and went with the more reasonably priced ones with no frills but felt the same as the feature-packed ones when lying down. The sale of mattresses is one big con and marketing job in my opinion. (waiting to be flamed by die-hard mattress lovers here).

Talking about mattress.
Eversince I bought my mattress 1 year ago, I have to resist the temptation to read in bed, cos i almost always doze off when I lie down on the mattress at any time of the day.:sleep:

howgozit
19-04-12, 15:07
What were you sleeping on before you bought a mattress.... ? Cardboards... ?:D

Talking about mattress.
Eversince I bought my mattress 1 year ago, I have to resist the temptation to read in bed, cos i almost always doze off when I lie down on the mattress at any time of the day.:sleep:

roly8
19-04-12, 15:35
Talking about mattress.

lol :D:D:D

Douk
19-04-12, 16:25

ALPHA is good.

carbuncle
19-04-12, 16:27

Cant agree with you more. I know some who absolutely must buy branded mattress and super high thread count bedsheets when in the end still sleepless nites due to work stress. Its all in the head and body health. Million dollar bed or mattress is useless if u are so stressed out due to your f up Character n personality...

chiaberry
19-04-12, 19:18
Cant agree with you more. I know some who absolutely must buy branded mattress and super high thread count bedsheets when in the end still sleepless nites due to work stress. Its all in the head and body health. Million dollar bed or mattress is useless if u are so stressed out due to your f up Character n personality...

High thread count bedsheets are SUPER difficult to wash and dry. They are heavy and hold a lot of water. They are not really suitable for our SG humid climate. Fungus tends to grown in the (many) threads. I don't really feel comfy in them either as I don't use air-con and they seem not to be able to "breathe" - I think it's because they are too dense. Somemore they crease badly.

I see a lot of young couples these days going for the high end mattresses and Egyptian cotton bed linen. I wonder how many cycles of changing the bed sheets and washing them will it take before they realize what a gargantuan effort it is. For some of the high end mattresses, I even failed to be able to lift them off the divan. I don't believe in paying so much for a mattress that will break my back when I try to lift it to change the bed sheets. It will negate the hotly touted "back care" effects claimed by the manufacturer. :tsk-tsk:

buttercarp
19-04-12, 19:58
Talking about mattress.

What were you sleeping on before you bought a mattress.... ? Cardboards... ?:D

LOL......
I can fall asleep on cardboards too.
But I sleep better on my present mattress.

carbuncle
19-04-12, 20:03
High thread count bedsheets are SUPER difficult to wash and dry. They are heavy and hold a lot of water. They are not really suitable for our SG humid climate. Fungus tends to grown in the (many) threads. I don't really feel comfy in them either as I don't use air-con and they seem not to be able to "breathe" - I think it's because they are too dense. Somemore they crease badly.

I see a lot of young couples these days going for the high end mattresses and Egyptian cotton bed linen. I wonder how many cycles of changing the bed sheets and washing them will it take before they realize what a gargantuan effort it is. For some of the high end mattresses, I even failed to be able to lift them off the divan. I don't believe in paying so much for a mattress that will break my back when I try to lift it to change the bed sheets. It will negate the hotly touted "back care" effects claimed by the manufacturer. :tsk-tsk:
Excellent post! Good one. Rest your back when you sleep but break it when you change the sheets wakakakaka

carbuncle
19-04-12, 20:04
LOL......
I can fall asleep on cardboards too.
But I sleep better on my present mattress.
Thanks sis you made me lol today