PDA

View Full Version : FAR EAST WAITING FOR LTA ANNOUNCEMENT ON EASTERN REGIONAL MRT LINE BEFORE LAUNCHING

Shawn
16-04-12, 22:43
FEO is waiting for government's official announcement on the eastern regional line before launching their 2 new developments at Amber and Marine Parade Road (opposite Parkway).

Based on my communication with a senior exec officer with FEO, they are not rushing to launch these 2 high end projects. Based on estimates, FEO is expected to launch the projects at above $2000psf as these are freehold developments located just 50-100 metres away from the new mrt station.

So its not surprising for us to see a major price run around the Amber, Marine Parade and Meyer Road area once the announcement on the new mrt line is made sometime end of this year. In addition, this announcement will be made in tandem with a major development coming up at East Coast area.

As far as I can see, we will see a 20-30% rise in psf for developments located around the new mrt line. So, its a good time to invest yr money in this location before the announcement sets in.

DaytonaSS
16-04-12, 23:04
Based on my communication with a senior exec officer with FEO, they are not rushing to launch these 2 high end projects. Based on estimates, FEO is expected to launch the projects at above $2000psf as these are freehold developments located just 50-100 metres away from the new mrt station.

ARE you accusing LTA of leaking confidential information to FEO about MRT station locations so FEO can take advantage of this news and buy before the news is announced? Since you say FEO can pin point the EXACT location to be 50m in front of future MRT Station.

hyenergix
16-04-12, 23:07
ARE you accusing LTA of leaking confidential information to FEO about MRT station locations so FEO can take advantage of this news and buy before the news is announced? Since you say FEO can pin point the EXACT location to be 50m in front of future MRT Station.

I thought most people would have already guessed the MRT stations by now if they dig a little further at other forums?

cartman
16-04-12, 23:40
I thought most people would have already guessed the MRT stations by now if they dig a little further at other forums?
can please share where the "guessed" stations are at? thanks

hyenergix
16-04-12, 23:44
U can search skyscrapercity (?) forum... I'm not an east person, so not v keen to memorise e locations.

cartman
17-04-12, 00:44
U can search skyscrapercity (?) forum... I'm not an east person, so not v keen to memorise e locations.
ok thanks, found some info but guess its still subject to confirmation.

kane
17-04-12, 08:00
There are soil test machines everywhere up the north and eastwards.

Rosegarden
17-04-12, 09:15
can please share where the "guessed" stations are at? thanks

Depending on who you ask, the stations could be right in front of Seaview, Silversea, cote d'azur, D'Ecosse, etc etc. But won't be in front of the HDBs, since no HDB owners in this forum. :D:D:D

hopeful
17-04-12, 09:32

does it matter whether the plot of land is FH or LH? since no matter what, FEO will sell LH to us? :doh:.

minority
17-04-12, 09:38
FEO is waiting for government's official announcement on the eastern regional line before launching their 2 new developments at Amber and Marine Parade Road (opposite Parkway).

So its not surprising for us to see a major price run around the Amber, Marine Parade and Meyer Road area once the announcement on the new mrt line is made sometime end of this year. In addition, this announcement will be made in tandem with a major development coming up at East Coast area.

As far as I can see, we will see a 20-30% rise in psf for developments located around the new mrt line. So, its a good time to invest yr money in this location before the announcement sets in.

Where is this quoted from? Or just personal
Opinion ?

Wild Falcon
17-04-12, 09:49
By the time the MRT is completed will be over 2021 already? And buyers got to put up with construction if the projects TOP in 2015. Also this area all marine reclaimed sandy land. Goodness knows if the MRT construction will cause even more problems (unlike other areas with real land). And also its probably the most populous part of SG. So much supply. Maybe Indians will buy lah. Tg Rhu and Meyer machiam little India.

DKSG
17-04-12, 10:06
By the time the MRT is completed will be over 2021 already? And buyers got to put up with construction if the projects TOP in 2015. Also this area all marine reclaimed sandy land. Goodness knows if the MRT construction will cause even more problems (unlike other areas with real land). And also its probably the most populous part of SG. So much supply. Maybe Indians will buy lah. Tg Rhu and Meyer machiam little India.

According to the MRT website, the Eastern line is due to complete by 2020. Given their prudence approach so far chances are it will complete in 2018 or 2019.

Once the actual sites are announced, people will be buying with certainty that there WILL be a MRT station within walking distance.

My guess is the line will be more inland than silversea side since all the land beyond the nursery and Paramount hotel are all reclaimed.

Its anyone's guess at the moment. Keep guessing! I think they are going to announce it within the next 6 months.

DKSG
PS : I am not related to LTA, MRT, FEO, SLA, and related organisations.

eng81157
17-04-12, 10:26
According to the MRT website, the Eastern line is due to complete by 2020. Given their prudence approach so far chances are it will complete in 2018 or 2019.

Once the actual sites are announced, people will be buying with certainty that there WILL be a MRT station within walking distance.

My guess is the line will be more inland than silversea side since all the land beyond the nursery and Paramount hotel are all reclaimed.

Its anyone's guess at the moment. Keep guessing! I think they are going to announce it within the next 6 months.

DKSG

well, the original shoreline goes all the way up to where east coast road is, which isn't too far in anyway. no point contesting or guessing where the actual sites will be. if any announcement shall purportedly push up the property prices in the vicinity to beyong $2k/psf, i'm fairly confident there will be a CM 6, 7 & even 8

blackjack21trader
17-04-12, 11:05
now u know why i ask u guys to target D15 liao bo? too late liao hor.:doh:

hopeful
17-04-12, 11:08

is it? you ask us to concentrate on robertson area le?

eng81157
17-04-12, 11:10

eh, why too late liao?

alamak
17-04-12, 11:20

I was told by FEO agents that FEO will launch only 99LH projects in future meaning these 2 FH lots will be sold as 99LH projects juz like their FH Katong project (cannot remember name) facing SEAVIEW. That's FEO for you and these kind of project kenna sai (FEO still the ultimate landlord) ..very difficult to enbloc years down the road b'cos you need FEO permission ... :scared-1:

blackjack21trader
17-04-12, 11:23
is it? you ask us to concentrate on robertson area le?

I said D15 and robertson area hor. D15 too late liao cause someone suggested the likely location of the MRTs mah. My logic is to buy before the rumors, and sell after the news. WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

blackjack21trader
17-04-12, 11:30
:):) :)...Good Luck

minority
17-04-12, 11:50
I said D15 and robertson area hor. D15 too late liao cause someone suggested the likely location of the MRTs mah. My logic is to buy before the rumors, and sell after the news. WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

now we still rumor mongering mah.. no news yet! so still got chance to find gems!!!

hopeful
17-04-12, 11:51

so far robertson area no increase le.

Khng8
17-04-12, 13:19
Care to share why Robertson area?
Nothing moving there right?

Wild Falcon
17-04-12, 14:13
You are wrong. Circle line is VERY late.

You must remember, before eastern region line, got 3 other lines under construction, DTL2, DTL3 and Thomson Line. Thomson Line stations not even announced and it's supposed to be BEFORE eastern line,

DKSG

radha08
17-04-12, 15:08
Depending on who you ask, the stations could be right in front of Seaview, Silversea, cote d'azur, D'Ecosse, etc etc. But won't be in front of the HDBs, since no HDB owners in this forum. :D:D:D

ahemmmmm...my station going to be in FRONT of my HDB block at upper east coast next to temasek pri/opposite temasek sec...ahemmmmmm:cheers1:

radha08
17-04-12, 15:10

Indians...:scared-1::scared-1::scared-1::scared-1::scared-1:...nightmare

Disclaimer:Singapore INDIAN..Not Like Indian Indian just like singapore CHINESE NOT like China...Cina....:D

radha08
17-04-12, 15:12
I was told by FEO agents that FEO will launch only 99LH projects in future meaning these 2 FH lots will be sold as 99LH projects juz like their FH Katong project (cannot remember name) facing SEAVIEW. That's FEO for you and these kind of project kenna sai (FEO still the ultimate landlord) ..very difficult to enbloc years down the road b'cos you need FEO permission ... :scared-1:

govt king of hdb...feo king of pc...:doh:...so buy one hdb and one pc...u become of of the kings man...if u want to be your OWN king buy LANDED..:D:D:D:D:D

Rosegarden
17-04-12, 15:22
FEO's aggressive and focused land banking in marine parade indicates they are either on to something, or grossly miscalculated. My bet is on the former.

radha08
17-04-12, 15:36
FEO's aggressive and focused land banking in marine parade indicates they are either on to something, or grossly miscalculated. My bet is on the former.

singapore...country where the RICH get richer...so they must be onto something...:o

sgpprop
17-04-12, 22:25
singapore...country where the RICH get richer...so they must be onto something...:o
History gonna repeat itself. Look at wat happen to regent view & bishan 8?
My word of advise is check out wad was the lauch price n see wad happen over the years to the prices n what kind of pRice r they fetching now! mind u the makeover storY of Singapore is now consideRed over with the IRS built n in full operation. Good luck for your Feollows purchases:doh:

speculator
17-04-12, 23:16
You are wrong. Circle line is VERY late.

You must remember, before eastern region line, got 3 other lines under construction, DTL2, DTL3 and Thomson Line. Thomson Line stations not even announced and it's supposed to be BEFORE eastern line,

You're spot on.
Remember when this ERL is completed (which is btw almost a decade away) everyone else has a MRT station already. So it's probably no significant advantage already.

ezonme
18-04-12, 01:50
What's new and exclusive?!
By 2020, even my beloved rambutan and penggang hill will have a mrt station!

Shawn
18-04-12, 04:35
Far East is the grand daddy of Singapore's property market and if they do not know the location of the mrt firsthand before making a landbank investment, then they must be idiot. And Singapore government wont even get to sell their land if they do not release some vital info to the big property investors.

And Far East snapping up land all around the Amber roundabout tell u a big story of the potential of the area. All the well-informed investors know that an mrt station will jut out somewhere near Parkway and Silversea. They cannot build inland as there is already an mrt line near Dakota, Mountbatten etc just 1 km inward.

It is already known that the Singapore government has extensive plan for the East Coast area, and it wants to make the east coast park and beach easily accessible to the public with proper transportation and new mrt line. So ask youself where could the line be located ???

Obviously, one mrt station will be right in front of Silversea and near the roundabout area which is also close to Parkway vicinity. And the mrt lines will run through Marine Parade all the way to Bayshore area. You dont need a rocket scientist to tell u this...just use a little of common sense.

Shawn
18-04-12, 04:43

The Eastern Regional MRT Line will be the last and the most comprehensive of all the mrt lines in Singapore. This is because this line will virtually connect Changi Airport to Marine Parade to Amber Road to Marina Bay Sands to Harborfront (Sentosa) by one line with no need for interchange like some of the existing lines. In addition, this line will also connect Singaporeans to the East Coast park beach and recreational areas, not to mention reliable rumors that I got the government might open Marina East to a 3rd IR project in 2017.

Dont forget that the Malaysia-Singapore JV in Marina East as well for a big project they havent announced yet but coming in the next 1-2 years time. The government is also building Singapore's largest cruise harbor near Marina South.

So do u think by then all those projects at prime D15 just in front of the seacoast will still be selling around $1600psf ??? Think again carefully.

hyenergix
18-04-12, 06:49
I agree. For big projects like MRT, actually many big developers and contractors roughly know the locations, just that they pretend not to know and secretly buy up the land before the public knows the full picture.

price
18-04-12, 08:26
You're spot on.
Remember when this ERL is completed (which is btw almost a decade away) everyone else has a MRT station already. So it's probably no significant advantage already.

West side not that many mrt lines :D

hopeful
18-04-12, 08:38
SHK brothers called up by ICAC.
Will this happen in Singapore??
perhaps they exert undue influence to put an MRT station in that area.......

DKSG
18-04-12, 09:02
Far East is the grand daddy of Singapore's property market and if they do not know the location of the mrt firsthand before making a landbank investment, then they must be idiot. And Singapore government wont even get to sell their land if they do not release some vital info to the big property investors.

And Far East snapping up land all around the Amber roundabout tell u a big story of the potential of the area. All the well-informed investors know that an mrt station will jut out somewhere near Parkway and Silversea. They cannot build inland as there is already an mrt line near Dakota, Mountbatten etc just 1 km inward.

It is already known that the Singapore government has extensive plan for the East Coast area, and it wants to make the east coast park and beach easily accessible to the public with proper transportation and new mrt line. So ask youself where could the line be located ???

Obviously, one mrt station will be right in front of Silversea and near the roundabout area which is also close to Parkway vicinity. And the mrt lines will run through Marine Parade all the way to Bayshore area. You dont need a rocket scientist to tell u this...just use a little of common sense.

Shawn is indeed a Subject Matter Expert for this topic.

Any further news or information on the date they are releasing the exact location ? This info will be useful to all as it will serve as a deadline for those who want to buy prior to the newspaper announcements. Coz by then, prices will up at least 10% from last done.

DKSG

radha08
18-04-12, 09:21

have you ever wondered why we must serve....:D

eng81157
18-04-12, 09:48

when the developer is 'monopolizing' the landbank in that area, they pretty much call the shots for pricing. unlikely to be a mis-step, as what you have suggested

Wild Falcon
18-04-12, 10:01
If by 2020 still got to take MRT to work, then its sad. Got MRT is not necessary boon leh. Look at Holland V, after MRT, business goes down.
And of course have to live with construction and traffic diversion. Not fun. And marine soil area better not dig too much. Goodness knows if another nicoll highway accident (Nicoll Highway on reclaimed land) which will delay the construction by another 5 years. I actually think our govt should build overhead MRT along the East Coast - because most are reclaimed land - not real hinterland with weak foundations. Better safe than sorry, esp with so much earthquakes nowadays.

Rosegarden
18-04-12, 10:09

Any further news or information on the date they are releasing the exact location ? This info will be useful to all as it will serve as a deadline for those who want to buy prior to the newspaper announcements. Coz by then, prices will up at least 10% from last done.

DKSG

It is quite clear isn't it? Your subject matter expert has revealed that the ERL is the last and most important line, and it will stop right in front of Silversea. Quick! Act now! before the announcement!

I will discount radha08's prediction that it will stop right infront of his HDB, since he is not an expert. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ......:D:D:D

Shawn
21-04-12, 01:43

DKSG
Do you realise that the government has also proportioned the land near Fort Road into many smaller parcels. Obviously, it is getting ready to develop this area called 'Marina East'. And Marina East is actually in prime D15 which is just across Meyer Road. Or perhaps the government might come up with a new district with this location.

Bear in mind that the Marina Coastal Expressway will be completed in 2013, an Eastern Regional MRT Line will be announced shortly in late 2012 or early 2013 just before the expressway completion or just after.

Marina East has the last and only spot of unspoilt beach/seaside in Singapore, which the government will use wisely for development. The rumor going on is that it might open a large parcel of this spot for a 3rd IR development with a sea and private beach location. We might have a resort with a small casino component there.

So D15 prices especially those developments near Meyer, Tanjong Rhu and Amber Road will see their psf prices up by 15-20% within 2 years from now after the announcement of the new MRT line and the completion of the Marina Expressway. And with the IR announcement in 2016, another 10-20% up. That's my bet but I am always right.

hyenergix
21-04-12, 06:48
Do you realise that the government has also proportioned the land near Fort Road into many smaller parcels. Obviously, it is getting ready to develop this area called 'Marina East'. And Marina East is actually in prime D15 which is just across Meyer Road. Or perhaps the government might come up with a new district with this location.

Bear in mind that the Marina Coastal Expressway will be completed in 2013, an Eastern Regional MRT Line will be announced shortly in late 2012 or early 2013 just before the expressway completion or just after.

Marina East has the last and only spot of unspoilt beach/seaside in Singapore, which the government will use wisely for development. The rumor going on is that it might open a large parcel of this spot for a 3rd IR development with a sea and private beach location. We might have a resort with a small casino component there.

So D15 prices especially those developments near Meyer, Tanjong Rhu and Amber Road will see their psf prices up by 15-20% within 2 years from now after the announcement of the new MRT line and the completion of the Marina Expressway. And with the IR announcement in 2016, another 10-20% up. That's my bet but I am always right.

If 3rd IR is opened, there will be a public outcry. Politically this is very dangerous for the ruling party.

hopeful
21-04-12, 07:37

in the posting, you only post 1 thing that can be verified,
so i quickly check onemap, no leh, still one big lot, MK25-06860A, havent partitioned yet.
the new district will be district 29?

hi shawn, i am more interested in rental rather than capital gains, will rental psf goes up when new ERL announced?