PDA

View Full Version : katong 112 screwing up traffic...

radha08
14-04-12, 18:34
really screwed up design every weekend sure got jam at east coast
Road around there...all people que to go in carpark but carpark full
So the whole area kena jam....sianzz driving there

carbuncle
14-04-12, 19:19
If you drive, whole stretch of east coast until siglap for you to choose.... No need die die must go there. Even Joo Chiat Road has some nice finds...

radha08
14-04-12, 20:02
If you drive, whole stretch of east coast until siglap for you to choose.... No need die die must go there. Even Joo Chiat Road has some nice finds...

got to pick my kids from tution at roxy square...:beats-me-man:

Douk
14-04-12, 20:12
Any recommended restaurant at I12 or nearby?

howgozit
14-04-12, 20:18
Any recommended restaurant at I12 or nearby?

Too many... don't know where to start.... choices galore... eastern to western and everything in between.

radha08
14-04-12, 21:04
Too many... don't know where to start.... choices galore... eastern to western and everything in between.

wah that area is food paradise...;)

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 21:11
How to stay around that area. Will get worst when all the developments TOP in that area.

darkseid
14-04-12, 21:16
How to stay around that area. Will get worst when all the developments TOP in that area.

Buy a development nearby, then no need to drive.;)

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 21:26
They will have difficulty going out or into their home. :doh:
Buy a development nearby, then no need to drive.;)

howgozit
14-04-12, 21:53

As long as near can already... no need to be beside.

Lots of choice condo/apt/landed in that area that is near enough yet not inconvenienced by the I12 traffic.

Piglet
14-04-12, 22:13
I think if those parallel parking lots are removed, the road will be wider and traffic will improve significanlty.

I'm relaly hoping they will do that but i think must wait long long....

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 22:14
It is not possible to widen the road over here.
I think if those parallel parking lots are removed, the road will be wider and traffic will improve significanlty.

howgozit
14-04-12, 22:26

I think the problem is the traffic light. You can widen the road all you want (provided its possible) but there will still be a choke point when all the traffic converge at the traffic light. And the traffic light does not favour Joo Chiat Rd traffic.

The only way to improve the traffic flow there is to make the area less popular and when nobody wants to go there the traffic will be smooth flowing again.

DC33_2008
14-04-12, 22:28
It gets worst with the church goers on sunday and parents sending kids to classes.
I think the problem is the traffic light. You can widen the road all you want (provided its possible) but there will still be a choke point when all the traffic converge at the traffic light. And the traffic light does not favour Joo Chiat Rd traffic.

The only way to improve the traffic flow there is to make the area less popular and when nobody wants to go there the traffic will be smooth flowing again.

solsys
14-04-12, 22:53
Had anticipated this and truly it happened. Katong 112 bonus? Or a bane?

Piglet
15-04-12, 00:54

.:doh:

Aiyo, if the parallel parking lots are removed, the lane where the lots are can be used = wider road for driving la.

Currenltly along east coast road, the section with parralled parking lots caused the 2-lane road to become a single lane road. and the cars wil have to cut here cut there..

2 lanes naturally will have better traffic flow, common sense wat.

Piglet
15-04-12, 01:07

My composition Fail or your comprehension Fail?

:doh:

Douk
15-04-12, 08:41

The Ceylon, Marshall road estate has multiple exit point, only those lane at sea avenue side has one entrance to the estate.

radha08
15-04-12, 10:11
they can do what they did in siglap make a HUGE open carpark for parking...that solves some of the problems..:cool:

howgozit
15-04-12, 10:22
they can do what they did in siglap make a HUGE open carpark for parking...that solves some of the problems..:cool:

Real estate prices in that area makes it very expensive to do so....

Right beside I12, there are a few open private parking areas catering to customers of restaurants in that area and old Roxy Square. Eversince I12 opened, their business is affected bcoz of spillover parking from I12 cars. As a result, their parking charges were upped as well. While it does not affect I12 it affects bona fide customers of other establishments in the area.

buttercarp
15-04-12, 10:53
Remove parallel parking not good enuf cos pple will still wait or park there illegally. Look at the road outside Glory, cannot park cannot U turn but pple still do it.
Must draw zig zag yellow lines and get traffic warden to patrol the area then it will be effective.

howgozit
15-04-12, 10:59
Remove parallel parking not good enuf cos pple will still wait or park there illegally. Look at the road outside Glory, cannot park cannot U turn but pple still do it.
Must draw zig zag yellow lines and get traffic warden to patrol the area then it will be effective.

I think zig zag lines won't help much.... the traffic is just overwhelming esp. on weekends. Before I12 the traffic was already bad... now its badder...

DC33_2008
15-04-12, 11:04
How to when you have another few thousand households moving there in the next few years.
I think zig zag lines won't help much.... the traffic is just overwhelming esp. on weekends. Before I12 the traffic was already bad... now its badder...

howgozit
15-04-12, 11:18
Quite impossible lor...

Just have to live with it. I12 is very appealing to families bcoz it has all the elements required for a family outing... movie, makan, shopping...etc. Come weekend the place is thronged with families... this is exacerbated by the proximity of a popular church.

The only way is to make it unpopular to families... and the best way to do that is to make it sleazy. Just follow the example of nearby neighbouring shopping centres and the traffic will be smooth flowing again. All you need is to open a few Fillipino bars.. KTVs, snooker rooms, internet gaming centre, foreign bride agencies, "health centres"....etc

How to when you have another few thousand households moving there in the next few years.

shellshox
15-04-12, 11:52
Quite impossible lor...

Just have to live with it. I12 is very appealing to families bcoz it has all the elements required for a family outing... movie, makan, shopping...etc. Come weekend the place is thronged with families... this is exacerbated by the proximity of a popular church.

The only way is to make it unpopular to families... and the best way to do that is to make it sleazy. Just follow the example of nearby neighbouring shopping centres and the traffic will be smooth flowing again. All you need is to open a few Fillipino bars.. KTVs, snooker rooms, internet gaming centre, foreign bride agencies, "health centres"....etc

Eh, don't la, i live in that area and they just managed to clean up the area, at least now got more kid friendly places.....

carbuncle
15-04-12, 12:38
got to pick my kids from tution at roxy square...:beats-me-man:
Maybe you can cycle there - good exercise too. Then while waiting you enjoy facial at the Men salon there... Is in business for like 15 yrs liao I think...

radha08
15-04-12, 14:42

thats because glory nasi padang is sedap(malay for TASTY)...:D

buttercarp
15-04-12, 15:04
thats because glory nasi padang is sedap(malay for TASTY)...:D

Not only the nasi padang......
I like most of their things there.... the popiah, the chendol, the sambal, the otak.........:hungry: .

pod
16-04-12, 12:24
dun worry....

MRT COMING SOON! :D

radha08
17-04-12, 15:16
Maybe you can cycle there - good exercise too. Then while waiting you enjoy facial at the Men salon there... Is in business for like 15 yrs liao I think...

cycle there ok cycle back nightmare got to fetch my kids..:doh: