PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance of lift in own home

TheIdler
01-04-12, 01:03
Was just wondering if anyone knows the effort it takes and how much it costs to maintain a lift if one were to built it in one's own landed home?

maisonjai
01-04-12, 01:14
About 1k~/yr, quarterly maintenance.

bullman
01-04-12, 09:01
Was just wondering if anyone knows the effort it takes and how much it costs to maintain a lift if one were to built it in one's own landed home?

For my lift, I pay about $350 per quarter. They basically maintain the motor and check on the steel cables. Overall, the payment includes 24 hour emergency service should you get stuck in the lift.

buttercarp
01-04-12, 10:51
Is it compulsory to maintain the lift? If you don't use it, can u use it as a storeroom?

bullman
01-04-12, 12:28
Is it compulsory to maintain the lift? If you don't use it, can u use it as a storeroom?

That is a unique question.I guess you can do it if you want to. It also depends on the type of lift as well. I have a glass lift with glass shaft, so it will look weird as a storeroom.

buttercarp
01-04-12, 12:35
That is a unique question.I guess you can do it if you want to. It also depends on the type of lift as well. I have a glass lift with glass shaft, so it will look weird as a storeroom.

Wow a glass lift! Unique!
So you won't compromise on the light entering your house.
No wonder it costs more than the usual $1K per year to maintain it.

maisonjai
01-04-12, 16:14
http://youtu.be/08O0xVvB_a4
Install this, ur children will enjoy it....ma chiam time capsule.

Blue
13-04-12, 12:42
Any experienced bro here know how much does it cost to maintain a swimming pool, say 3M x 12M? DIY or outsource?

Rysk
13-04-12, 12:49
Any experienced bro here know how much does it cost to maintain a swimming pool, say 3M x 12M? DIY or outsource?

Is not easy to DIY especially for long term.
As for outsource, think is about $300-400 for that size of pool..

lajia
13-04-12, 13:07
For my lift, I pay about $350 per quarter. They basically maintain the motor and check on the steel cables. Overall, the payment includes 24 hour emergency service should you get stuck in the lift.

hijack this thread....may i know how much you spend for the lift? Any website to show?

bullman
13-04-12, 17:53
hijack this thread....may i know how much you spend for the lift? Any website to show?

Cost about 70k for lift from Europe and 20k for glass frame structure. I understand that there are cheaper ones from Taiwan and China. You can easily find google for a few local companies who are bringing them.

maisonjai
13-04-12, 21:55
Can try jap lifts, price of a <1.6L COE

Blue
18-04-12, 15:50
Is not easy to DIY especially for long term.
As for outsource, think is about $300-400 for that size of pool..

Got so ex? So far I heard from various sources is $100 to $200 per month leh...thinking of doing a pool with jacuzzi for asethetic as well as private enjoyment.